insert into table in QTEMP while commitment control is active

I have a service program compiled with COMMIT(*CHG).  A procedure in the SRVPGM creates a table in QTEMP and then uses SQL to INSERT rows into that table.

When the app is run under commitment control ( if that matters ) the code fails.  The system says the table in qtemp is not being journaled.

Member FIRSTINCR not journaled to journal *N.
FIRSTINCR in QTEMP not valid for operation.

Is there a way to tell the system to not use commitment control on specific SQL tables?

thanks,

0
Steve
6/5/2016 4:16:09 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

.... you could move this to another module, or use an isolation clause:
exec sql insert into ... with *NONE

D*B

"Steve Richter" <StephenRichter@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have a service program compiled with COMMIT(*CHG).  A procedure in the
> SRVPGM creates a table in QTEMP and then uses SQL to INSERT rows into that
> table.
>
> When the app is run under commitment control ( if that matters ) the code
> fails.  The system says the table in qtemp is not being journaled.
>
> Member FIRSTINCR not journaled to journal *N.
> FIRSTINCR in QTEMP not valid for operation.
>
> Is there a way to tell the system to not use commitment control on
> specific SQL tables?
>
> thanks,

0
Dieter
6/5/2016 4:17:57 PM
On Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 12:18:01 PM UTC-4, Dieter Bender wrote:
> ... you could move this to another module, or use an isolation clause:
> exec sql insert into ... with *NONE
>
> D*B
>
> "Steve Richter" <StephenRichter@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I have a service program compiled with COMMIT(*CHG).  A procedure in the
> > SRVPGM creates a table in QTEMP and then uses SQL to INSERT rows into that
> > table.
> >
> > When the app is run under commitment control ( if that matters ) the code
> > fails.  The system says the table in qtemp is not being journaled.
> >
> > Member FIRSTINCR not journaled to journal *N.
> > FIRSTINCR in QTEMP not valid for operation.
> >
> > Is there a way to tell the system to not use commitment control on
> > specific SQL tables?
> >
> > thanks,

that did it.  thanks.

     exec sql
     insert into qtemp/FirstIncr
                 ( cucode, ordnum, ordincr, ctnsscc )
     values( :incucode, :inordnum, :vOrdIncr, :vCtnSscc )
     with   none ;

0
Steve