iSeries Access for Windows timeout after 2 min. inactivity!?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

On a XP Desktop with iSeries Access for Windows 5.3 installed I get
timeout after 2 minutes of inactivity? this happends on severly
partitions and the Sysval is not set on 2 minutes.
Do anyone has this experience or know any soloution?
Thanks!
Kjell

0
Reply kjellakenilsson (30) 10/19/2005 7:21:38 PM

See related articles to this posting

http://www.lisug.org/Techtipclientaccess.htm

0
Reply budimlic (202) 10/19/2005 8:14:44 PM

Elvis wrote:
> http://www.lisug.org/Techtipclientaccess.htm

If you are using ISDN conection to remote system you have to increase
idle time.
0
Reply niksa.curcija (2) 10/26/2005 7:25:44 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9034 articles. 12 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

iSeries access for windows #2
I am trying to installed iSeries access for windows on an IBM xSeries Server running Windows Server 2003 (64-bit) on Intel Xeon processors. Keep getting xcopy error when installation starts. I am using V5R2 of iSeries Access and OS400. Any thoughts? Bob G How are you installing? Off the IFS or from CD? What kind of xcopy errors do you get? I recommend installing from the /QIBM?ProdData/.../Express/Image dir in the IFS. You can mount a network drive to it and run setup.exe from there. -- Best regards, Ren´┐Ż H. Hartman www.hac-maarssen.nl <bgehr23@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht ne...

iSeries Access on Windows 2003 64 bit with Citrix #2
Hi, is supported iSeries Access 5.3.2 on Windows 2003 64 bit ? it's used on Citrix. Do you know if existe a documentation, how-to or a red-book to do this ? Thank you for attention. Regards. Ganimede Dignan. ...

Windows Vista and iSeries Access for Windows?
Anyone brave/dumb enough to be trying iSeries Access for Windows on Vista yet? Seemed to install OK, as long as I turned on run as admin and compatibility mode. I got the 5250 to work OK but in Basic operation I cannot drag and drop a spool file from Printer Output to my desktop - the program bombs explorer.exe. Nor can I double-click on a file without the AFP Workbench crashing. And I did just apply the PTF mentioned in my previous message. This is on a brand new Core 2 Duo Dell D630 notebook computer with a virgin image of Vista Ultimate. Thanks! -Bob il 17/07/2007 2.31, Scriv...

wxMAc 2.5.2
Hi I have Mac OS X (10.2) have switched from wx2.4.1 to 2.5.2 The Problem is that after compiling my app for Mach-O Target using pure BSD no MSL. My application window is coming inactive hence not taking any mouse inputs. I have tracked this in the --------------------------- file : src/mac/carbon/toplevel.cpp function name : wxTopLevelMouseEventHandler in this the IsWindowActive() fails and doesnot initialize currentMouseWindow The same happens with the Treectrl Sample if compiled for the same target, though it works fine for the Carbon Target. Is there anything els...

Opening 'iSeries Access for windows from a windows program'
Hi there!! I am a windows programmer (VB, VC++ etc). I have used 'iSeries Access for windows' emulator to log in and look data and stuff. Now I am asked to write a program in windows (VB or any other language) that calls (opens) emulator program. Let's say I have a function called 'find customer' when I log in through iSeries Access for windows emulator. Say it can be searched by name or SSN. Now how do I write a windows program that will directly take to emulator screen by passing on parameter like SSN. To make it clearer, I do not want to fetch data into windows program....

iSeries Access for Windows
Does anyone know how to create a tailored image that doesn't include Management Central? TAI Hector ...

iSeries Access #2
i am currently setting up a pc to access an iSeries that is running V4R4, the version of iSeries Access I am using is V5R2. When i try to connect to the system with iSeries Access it errors out but when i use a shareware telnet 5250 client i can get connected. i have port 23 open on the router. is there something else that needs to be done?? is there something i am missing?? iSeries Access does a bit more than the Shareware clients, so it needs a few more ports open. When you first connect it will talk to; as-svrmap on port 449. This gets the list of ports that are running for the ho...

Light Box Effect (2 Windows, 1 Smaller And Active Above Inactive Grayed-Out Window)
Does anybody have a project that will give me a Light Box effect to a project. A Light Box Effect produces two windows. One window will be active, but the one below it will be inactive and grayed out. Here's an image of what I want to achieve. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6605964/lightbox-effect-in-swing I'm not interested in licensed code. Thank you, On 8/3/2012 10:37 AM, clusardi2k@aol.com wrote: > Does anybody have a project that will give me a Light Box effect to a > project. > > A Light Box Effect produces two windows. One window will be act...

Re: Light Box Effect (2 Windows, 1 Smaller And Active Above Inactive #2
To: markspace From: "clusardi2k" <clusardi2k@1:261/38.remove-sao-this> To: markspace From: clusardi2k@aol.com Is there another way besides using JLayer. Is JLayer the best way. Thank you, -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1 + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38) -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98 Time Warp of the Future BBS - telnet://time.synchro.net:24 --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1 * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38) --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98 Time Warp of the Future BBS - telnet://time.synchro.net:24 To: clusardi2k From: "markspace" <m...

iSeries Access for Web #2
I recently installed iSeries Access for Web v 3.5 on OS/400 v5.1 I have two problems: 1. From the printer output screen, I can view spooled files in "GIF" or "TIFF" formats, but I can't view in "PCL" or "AFP Viewer" formats. When I click on those links, I only get iWaPCLDownload or iWAAfpDownload as a files and no real pcl or afp files. 2. When I start 5250 emulation, I get error "A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line:57 (60, 68, 71...) Error: Object Expected" Also none of the direct links to 5250 are working. Dam...

Hide Access Window #2
Hi All, I am trying to use the function found on the MVP site http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm to hide the Access window. I must be missing something as I keep getting an error message: "You entered an expression that requires a form to be the active window". I have a popup form set to open when the DB is opened. On the open event of the form, I have the following code: fSetAccessWindow (SW_HIDE) as instructed on the web page. Each time, I get the same error. What am I missing? TIA Mark ...

access Windows from Matlab #2
Hello and thank very much for your answers I've type in the prompt of Matlab: system (netconnections) and I can open the network connection window of Windows XP but what I need is to open the following window in which I have my connection. for example: Start-->Configuration--> Network Connections--> My connection How can I do it??how can I open it from Matlab?? What is the path of this window?? Thank very much in advance ...

Updating iSeries access for windows.
I'm trying to upgrade 400+ PCs to the latest version of IBM iSeries access for windows. We are currently running Client Access for windows V4R4M0. I have a written a batch file that changes the Source Directory & Checks the Silent install box. The challenge I'm running into right now is scheduling the update to happen on a Saturday when no one is logged into the PC. (and only when no one is logged in) what is the best way to accomplish this? The batch file (or I could easily write a VBScript) will be executed via a login script. any help is appricated thanx Cryptographic_ICE@yaho...

iSeries Access for Windows
Hi, Installing iSeries for Access v 5.4 on a remote PC. The PC is downloading the installation file from a remote server. Halfway through installation comms drop. So i then uninstall the app and begin again but i keep getting the message that to complete uninstallation, i need to reboot. Rebooted several times and still get the same message. Any ideas how to get past this? Admin Rookie wrote: > Installing iSeries for Access v 5.4 on a remote PC. The PC is > downloading the installation file from a remote server. Halfway > through installation comms drop. > So i then uninstall t...

How to install Windows Vista in 2 mins
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/915.gif On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 04:53:49 -0600, hy wrote (in article <1171882429.486846.242370@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>): > http://youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno > > http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/915.gif > http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/918.html -- Lefty All of God's creatures have a place.......... ..........right next to the potatoes and gravy. See also: http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/iProduct.gif In article <1171882429.486846....

Iseries Access for Windows
I am attempting to use some PC software by issuing command RUNRMTCMD from a green screen. But I am having trouble getting this setup. Are there any good red books out there on what to look out for and how to set this up? (cribbed from somewhere..) AS/400 Sending Commands to the PC You'll need to go into your Client Access Properties on the Control Panel. Select the "remote command" then "add" an entry for your AS/400. Give it any userid and password--it does not have to be anything that exists anywhere but you'll need it to send commands from the AS/400 to...

Closeing MSQuery Window from Access #2
Hello, I am trying to close the MsQuery window from within an Access 2000 module. On Dev Ashish's site, he has code to find the class name and then another function to close an external application if you have the class name. The class name for Msquery is QMain Caption. However, when I use Dev's function to close out an external application based on class, it fails. However, I tried his example of Calculator and that worked. Any ideas or other methods? Thanks, Brian ...

iSeries Access for Linux on AIX5.2 POWER4
Hi All, My HMC is shared between pSeries and iSeries. The HMC is only accessible through a AIX machine. The SvP, HMC and AIX machine are on a secured VLAN, not accessible directly from my PC, and the HMC is at great distance. With WebSM, the AIX partitions can create a vt100 terminal, but the (remote) 5250 terminal is not working through WebSM. I need to TN5250 from the AIX server to the HMC (Q#HMC), so I want to install the Linux ppc version of iSeries Access on AIX5.2 on power4 . Anyone with experience? Jan W HI Jan, StarQuest (www.starquest.com) has developped a UNIX version of Client...

Macro's in iSeries Access for Windows
Hello All, This is my first Post to this group, Looking for some Help from the Experts on Macro's. I have looked up and down trying for find some documents that cover Macro's A-to-Z, but have yet to find anyhting in detail. just little bit's here and there. Also what should one use the iSeries Macro script or VBScript, or is it more of a user perference? Basicly looking for a script to do the following. Enter in Dept Code, <F10> Tab over place X <Enter> If "No Records Found" in a location at the bottom of the screen Then <F12> ...

iSeries Access on Windows 2003 64 bit with Citrix
Hi, is supported iSeries Access 5.3.2 on Windows 2003 64 bit ? it's used on Citrix. Do you know if existe a documentation, how-to or a red-book to do this ? Thank you for attention. Regards. Ganimede Dignan. ...

Securing Directory Access
Hi There, I'm wondering if someone can help me out here. I have setup apache 2 web server on my machine. Everything seems to be working ok. I want to know if anyone has managed to figure out how to restrict access to certain directories that may be listed. The documentation is not very clear when it comes to configuring this froma windows perspective. It does mention that the .htaccess file may need to be amended but not sure. Thanks, S ...

Access 2007 Windows 7 SaveAsPDF Woes #2
Hi I have just taken the plunge and upgraded to Window7 64bit Spent about 5 hours trying to get SaveAsPDF to work when I found blog warning that this is incompatible with the new operating system. Why doesn't MS tell us this. Is there any way I can get this to work without the double handling of RTF doc to PDF Thanks ...

Python 2.4 binaries for accessing PostgreSQL from Windows?
Hi all The subject line says it all. I have been using pypgsql to access PostgreSQL from Linux and from Windows, and it works fine. I am upgrading to Python 2.4. I can recompile pypgsql for Linux, but I do not have a Windows compiler. SourceForge has a binary for Python 2.3, which is the one I have been using. It does not have one for 2.4. I tried the psycopg site, but it does not seem to have binaries at all. Does anyone know if either of these will be available in binary form for Python 2.4 on Windows? Thanks Frank Millman --z6Eq5LdranGa6ru8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-asc...

Access 2.0 and Windows XP home edition
Hi, I would like to know if Access 2.0 can be made to operate on Windows XP. I have used Access 2.0 and my database on a Windows 98 machine for some while, and decided to upgrade to a new computer, which had Windows XP on it. After I copied all required files from my Windows 98 computer, I opened the database, and it opened fine, with one exception. I cannot enter additional information, due to the fact that it will not recognize any date (year) after 1999. It treats the year date (04) as 1904. I remember the fix back in 1999 for this problem, from Microsoft, but was wondering ...