iSeries Access for Windows timeout after 2 min. inactivity!?

On a XP Desktop with iSeries Access for Windows 5.3 installed I get
timeout after 2 minutes of inactivity? this happends on severly
partitions and the Sysval is not set on 2 minutes.
Do anyone has this experience or know any soloution?
Thanks!
Kjell

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9110 articles. 13 followers. Post Follow

http://www.lisug.org/Techtipclientaccess.htm

0
budimlic (202)
10/19/2005 8:14:44 PM
Elvis wrote:
> http://www.lisug.org/Techtipclientaccess.htm

If you are using ISDN conection to remote system you have to increase
idle time.

Reshaping Data #2
I have four variables: Location (x,y,z), q1, q2, and q3 (where each line is a different individual). q1,q2, and q3 are categorical variables (the respondent can answer: Disagree, Agree, or Strongly Agree). I would like to create a data set with the following variables: Location, Question (numeric variable ranging from 1-10), Disagree, Agree, Strongly_Agree where the data set would look like this: Location Question Agree Disagree Strongly_Agree x 1 1 0 0 x 1 0 1 0 x 2 0 0 1 x 2 1 0 0 x 3 1 0 0 x 3 0 1 0 where each line is a different individual (no individual identifier is needed). If a person ...

Access 2007 Question: Are form command buttons the new XP format with Hot/Cold mouse over functionality?
For those of you that are using the Access 2007 Beta, can I ask, comparing Access 97: Are form command buttons the new XP format with Hot/Cold mouse over functionality? ...

Ctrl-Click to Access URL
I am using Adobe 5.0. I want to go to a URL when a graphic is clicked; however I want it to work only when it is a ctrl-click. Thus, passing the cursor over the graphic would not affect the pointer, unless the ctrl key were suppressed. Thank you in advance for your comments. -- Stan Jacobson ...

How to remove a user from home access
I have 7 users in an office. All have Lotus Notes installed at home also. They can all access from home. How can I turn off a single user so they can no longer access from home? They still need to access Lotus when in the office, but I need to stop 1 or 2 users sometimes so they can not access from home... This is Lotus version R6.5 If you're using "passthrough" then disallow that for the target users. Robert wrote: > I have 7 users in an office. All have Lotus Notes installed at home > also. They can all access from home. How can I turn off a single u...

Create XML file from XMLTYPE column in oracle database #2
Hi All, Could someone please help me how to create xml doc from database with xmltype datatype? I want something like utl_file.put_line. Help appreciated. Thanks! ...

Airport Express & windows
Anybody get airport express working with windows in wpa2 mode? I would like to know how many of these units are being used in a mixed (win/mac) environment without problems. Caerus wrote: > Anybody get airport express working with windows in > wpa2 mode? I would like to know how many of these units > are being used in a mixed (win/mac) environment without > problems. > I don't have any windows machines at home, but I did bring in my Airport Express to work one day and it worked just fine with the IBM and Dell laptops we have, while also working with m...

Computer Security #2
..:: A. Computer Security Information ::. 1. Firewalls Torn Apart 2. Guide To Social Engineering 3. Social Engineering And Email Account Cracking 4. Network Firewall Security 5. Hijacking Hotmail Accounts For Newbies 6. Various Ways To Hack Or Over Ride Foolproof 7. Configuring ZoneAlarm Securely 8. IP Masquerading Tutorial 9. Interesting Things You Didnt Know About Your Computers Hardware 10. Advanced Number Systems Made Easy 11. Hacking Dictionary 12. Hacking The Bios 13. DNS The What The How And The Why 14. Exploit Mihirs Guide To Inserting Logo To System Properties 15. Getting Geographical...

MTW2 #2
Anyone know the story of this town? "Arguin", located on the bottom left of Africa, West of "Timbuktu". It seems that there is a 1-2" stripe of board, running East to west that stops all sea traffic, both warships and trade. Just me, or the rest of the world too. And is there anyway to get around it? Thanks "Rip" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message news:CbVij.39762$Pv2.16633@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net... > Anyone know the story of this town? "Arguin", located on the bottom left > of Africa, West of "Timbuktu...

Error updating windows-pr
While updating my gem collection I have receive unpleasant info :-( Attempting remote update of windows-pr ERROR: While executing gem ... (OpenURI::HTTPError) 404 Not Found I try many times and even try gem update -- system, but without any lack. C:\ruby>ruby -v ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i386-mswin32] C:\ruby>gem -v 0.9.4 Any solution besides installing the ruby and all my gems again? On Aug 10, 9:26 pm, dima <dejan.di...@gmail.com> wrote: > While updating my gem collection I have receive unpleasant info :-( > > Attempting remote update of windows-p...

perl #2
hi , i want to generate a script using perl language for powerplot generation of mutiple signals .so u guide me how to start my script and am new to perl language chinni wrote: > hi , > i want to generate a script using perl language for powerplot > generation of mutiple signals .so u guide me how to start my script and > am new to perl language Hi Chinni, good to see that you are still alive. Why would you use perl to create powerplots when you can use OCEAN? It is much better and you can use nice calculator P=U*I functions. And you can use nice functions to put these in plo...

Sequencing Problem using an MS Access Query
Here is a sequencing problem for MS Access (or I guess T-SQL) if someone can assist. I am trying to build a function that counts the members of the group. In this case, the group consists of COL1 and COL2, and the members are in COL3 (alpha order) Table1 COL1 COL2 COL3 Counter 1 1 a 1 1 c 1 1 d 1 2 a 1 2 f 1 2 g 1 2 j 1 3 b 1 3 g 2 1 a 2 1 i 2 2 e 2 2 h 2 2 k I found some code that looked promising and tried to apply it with catastrophic failure! SELECT Col1, Col2, Counter (SELECT COUNT(*) + 1 FROM table1 T1 WHERE T1.COL1 = T.G1 AND T1.G2 = T.G2 AND T1.R < T.R) AS Coun...

Multi User Access in FMP7
Hi all, I am new to this N/G because I am new FMP7. I have just downloaded the trial version and am busy evaluating it, but I have come across a "nasty" problem. I am testing out the multi user capability of a simple database using 2 separate users on the one XP box. The problem is that while the db is open for one user - I cannot access that db file from another user account 1. I get error message saying that file is in use by another user 2. I have set the sharing flags to allow multi users on same network etc 3. Is the trial version a full version - or does it have limitations, on...

Re: ODS pagesize #2
Why doesn't this work? Instead of _destination_, should I be using RTF or HTML? Bruce A Johnson Senior Data Analyst Solucient, LLC (847) 440-9635 -----Original Message----- From: Kevin Delaney [mailto:khd8@CDC.GOV] Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 5:24 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: ODS pagesize On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:14:24 -0700, Ta Liu <tliu@U.WASHINGTON.EDU> wrote: >Hi there, > >I am trying to put two small tables from ods rtf or pdf on the same >page to save space. By default each table takes one page and it leaves >out a lot of white space. I used o...

FAQ Topic
----------------------------------------------------------------------- FAQ Topic - How do I access a property of an object using a string? ----------------------------------------------------------------------- There are two ways to access properties: dot notation and square bracket notation. What you are looking for is the square bracket notation in which the dot, and the identifier to its right, are replaced with a set of square brackets containing a string. The value of the string matches the identifier. For example:- //dot notation var bodyElement = document.body; //squar...

mainstream (ZDnet) article on iseries to i5 evolution
ZD Net: http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103_2-5300765.html BTW, do they have the dates backwards? I though s/36 came before s/38 The System/38 was announced in October of 1978, long before the S/36 but after the S/34. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Drew Dekreon" <drew_dekreonATchugachelectricDOTcom> wrote in message news:10hfbdclsso6492@corp.supernews.com... > ZD Net: > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103_2-5300765.html > > BTW, do they have the dates backwards? I though s/36 came before s/38 ...

Matlab 2006a on Linux Enterprise 3 #2
I am running Matlab 2006a on Linux Enterprise 3 ([root@mepc27 root]# uname -a Linux mepc27 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3 18:13:58 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux [root@mepc27 root]# rpm -q glibc glibc-2.3.2-95.3) The system requrement on the Mathworks cite says that we need Linux - built using * kernel: 2.4.x or 2.6.x * glibc 2.3.2 & above. I am getting the following error: [root@mepc27 root]# matlab -nojvm matlab: No MATLAB bin directory for this machine architecture. ARCH = glnx86 Any help? ...

Having access to a VHDL "signal" using ModelSim
Hello, I'm just starting to use ModelSim Altera Web Edition and I'm facing some problems when I try to access the signals defined in my VHDL code. These signal aren't visible in the ModelSim interface after the compilation using Quartus II, but I can see the FPGA signals. Is there any assertion that I could do to have access to these signals? Thanks a lot. Guilherme Corr=EAa. "Guilherme Corr�a" <gcorrea@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164107178.684113.223040@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I'm just starting to use ModelSim Altera We...

Using macro variables in the filename statement (with pipe access
Hi, I am trying to use a macro variable in my filename statement, but SAS refuses to recognize it. what am I doing wrong? %let year =3D 00; filename cpsdir pipe "dir /B /N C:\WINNT\Profiles\dale_j\My Documents\CPS Data\CPS&year\"; Data cps; length file_name $ 100; length ext $ 2; infile cpsdir truncover; input file_name $200.; ext =3D substr(trim(left(file_name)),5,2); file_name =3D "C:\WINNT\Profiles\dale_j\My Documents\CPS Data\CPS&year\" || trim(left(file_name)); call symput('extension',ext); run; As always, your help and assistance is greatly apprec...

Deploying Access Runtime to Customers
We are looking for help deploying an application based on MS Access 2002 to customers. We have been trying to generate a good installation CD for our product using the Packaging Wizard on the Office XP Developers CDs. The runtime conflicts with previous installed versions of MS Access. For example, I had a system with MS Access 97 installed. When I ran the setup which included the MS Access Runtime (for 2002), it no longer booted my 97 .MDB files into Access 97. Instead, it wanted to convert them to the 2002 format. I went looking for the executables, but it appears that the runtime...

Change ip address on 10g / windows 2003 rac nodes
We need to change all our ip addresses of all oracle servers. My specific concern is what we may need to consider for managing change:- The following example is my priority 1) changing addresses on nodes which form a 10.2.0.3 ee rac on windows 2003 regards Chris B chris.brown@providentinsurance.co.uk wrote: > We need to change all our ip addresses of all oracle servers. > > My specific concern is what we may need to consider for managing > change:- > > The following example is my priority > > 1) changing addresses on nodes which form a 10.2.0.3 ee rac on window...

VLC[812] Media key event tap was disabled by timeout
"VLC[812] Media key event tap was disabled by timeout" <-I keep seeing that in Console every time I mouseclick and it fails to register the first time, which only happens when the new v1.1.10 of VLC is running. To be specific: 1) While VLC 1.1.10 is running, I click somewhere I haven't for a few seconds. Another app, another part of the same app, the Dock, menus, wherever. Any click anywhere in any app or part of OSX. 2) The click fails to do anything. 3) "VLC[812] Media key event tap was disabled by timeout" appears in Console. 4) I click a second time in the s...

rsync for iSeries?
Hello. I would like to know if there is anyone who knows of a rsync binary that runs in a stock "qsh" under V5R3? (or java equivalent) My attempts with an AIX binary did not go well, so I'd very much like to hear a success story :) -- Thorbj�rn Ravn Andersen I have an rsync binary i've been using successfully since V4R5 of the OS. "Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen" <nospam0000@gmail.com> wrote in message news:yu2vefegpkm.fsf@luhmann.netc.dk... > Hello. > > I would like to know if there is anyone who knows of a rsync binary > that runs in a stock...

US-TX-Austin: Access Developer, Access, SQL, VBA, ASP, queries, macros, modules; (45358614411)
US-TX-Austin: Access Developer, Access, SQL, VBA, ASP, queries, macros, modules; (45358614411) ============================================================================================== Position: Access Developer Reference: JGG00104 Location: Austin TX Duration: 5-6 Months Skills: Microsoft Access SQL Developing, debuging, testing and troubleshooting queries, macros, and modules Understanding of database design. VBA MCDBA certification a plus. Active Server ...

opencores again with problems? #2
account login claims wrong password password reset works, but the new password is also not accepted tried to create new account (as old account could not login) but eh, just to download a single file i need to fill SO MUCH information? including phone number, etc.. and then it is sent "for approval" eh, opencores is really getting JUST ANNOYING!! Antti On Apr 9, 9:48=A0am, Antti <Antti.Luk...@googlemail.com> wrote: > account login claims wrong password > password reset works, but the new password is also not accepted > > tried to create new account (as old acco...

Building ACE under Open Suse 10.2
Hi, ACE VERSION: 5.6 HOST MACHINE AND OPERATING SYSTEM: 32-Bit PC running Linux Open Suse 10.2 Contents of config.h: #include "ace/config-linux.h" Contents of platform_macros.GNU: include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/ makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU (1) Unable to compile Ace library (2) Affects compilation. (3) Did not run make realclean first. (4) So far ACE is affected have not tried to compile my application yet. SYNOPSIS: Unable to compile ACE version 5.6 under Linux Open Suse 10.2 DESCRIPTION: I followed all steps described in ACE Programmer's...