iSeries Access for Windows timeout after 2 min. inactivity!?

On a XP Desktop with iSeries Access for Windows 5.3 installed I get
timeout after 2 minutes of inactivity? this happends on severly
partitions and the Sysval is not set on 2 minutes.
Do anyone has this experience or know any soloution?
Thanks!
Kjell

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9191 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

http://www.lisug.org/Techtipclientaccess.htm

0
budimlic (202)
10/19/2005 8:14:44 PM
Elvis wrote:
> http://www.lisug.org/Techtipclientaccess.htm

If you are using ISDN conection to remote system you have to increase
idle time.

iSeries access for windows #2
I am trying to installed iSeries access for windows on an IBM xSeries Server running Windows Server 2003 (64-bit) on Intel Xeon processors. Keep getting xcopy error when installation starts. I am using V5R2 of iSeries Access and OS400. Any thoughts? Bob G How are you installing? Off the IFS or from CD? What kind of xcopy errors do you get? I recommend installing from the /QIBM?ProdData/.../Express/Image dir in the IFS. You can mount a network drive to it and run setup.exe from there. -- Best regards, Ren� H. Hartman www.hac-maarssen.nl <bgehr23@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:1142453328.750718.215760@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > I am trying to installed iSeries access for windows on an IBM xSeries > Server running Windows Server 2003 (64-bit) on Intel Xeon processors. > Keep getting xcopy error when installation starts. I am using V5R2 of > iSeries Access and OS400. Any thoughts? > > Bob G > I am installing from the CD on the xSeries server. I am not running IFS. The error message is "XCOPYFILE -2: An unexpected error has occurred while copying file from compressed file." I am trying to install it on this server to give terminal server clients access to the 400. If you are running an iSeries (or an AS/400 that is not to be considered ancient) then you are also running IFS. It's not optional. The name used here, iSeries Access, suggests you are at least at V5R1, so it's there, and it's at the service...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

[...]

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

iSeries Access on Windows 2003 64 bit with Citrix #2
Hi, is supported iSeries Access 5.3.2 on Windows 2003 64 bit ? it's used on Citrix. Do you know if existe a documentation, how-to or a red-book to do this ? Thank you for attention. Regards. Ganimede Dignan. ...

Windows Vista and iSeries Access for Windows?
Anyone brave/dumb enough to be trying iSeries Access for Windows on Vista yet? Seemed to install OK, as long as I turned on run as admin and compatibility mode. I got the 5250 to work OK but in Basic operation I cannot drag and drop a spool file from Printer Output to my desktop - the program bombs explorer.exe. Nor can I double-click on a file without the AFP Workbench crashing. And I did just apply the PTF mentioned in my previous message. This is on a brand new Core 2 Duo Dell D630 notebook computer with a virgin image of Vista Ultimate. Thanks! -Bob il 17/07/2007 2.31, Scrive Bob Mgr 40365960: > Anyone brave/dumb enough to be trying iSeries Access for Windows on Vista > yet? > > Seemed to install OK, as long as I turned on run as admin and compatibility > mode. > > I got the 5250 to work OK but in Basic operation I cannot drag and drop a > spool file from Printer Output to my desktop - the program bombs > explorer.exe. Nor can I double-click on a file without the AFP Workbench > crashing. > > And I did just apply the PTF mentioned in my previous message. > > This is on a brand new Core 2 Duo Dell D630 notebook computer with a virgin > image of Vista Ultimate. See http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/windows/supportedos.html to get info about compatibilities between vista and iSeries access versions, service packs and fuctional restrictions listed in informational apars. -- Dr.Ugo Gagliar...

[sys req] -- shift Esc -- does not work -- iSeries Access for Windows
Computer is XP Pro SP3 IBM iSeries Access for Windows Ver 5.4 Service Level S137892 Shift-Esc ( [sys req] ) in the workstation screen only works a few times then stops. I've tried remapping another key to rule out a keyboard problem, and it does nothing no matter what key I map. I've tried other keyboards with no success. Users are limited users, but they have full access to C:\Program files\IBM. I've renamed the keyboard file and recreated another, and it worked a few times then stopped working. I've logged on as three different users with the same results. I support 300 computers, many exactly like this one, and I do not have this problem on any others. Any advice would sure be appreciated. It could be that the user has a customized shortcut key set on SHFT-ESC. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310417 "A keyboard shortcut does not work if it conflicts with a keyboard combination that is used in the program that is currently active." Keyword "CURRENTLY ACTIVE" The article talks about setting a shortcut for launching a program, but the quoted statement above is also true for a running program with internal keybd shortcuts. Close all other programs and see if the keybd shortcut works...Then figure out which program has a custom shortcut and remove that shortcut from the OTHER program or programs This is the only thing I can think of which would cause this behavior. Since above post, I have removed IBM iSeries Access for Windo...

wxMAc 2.5.2
Hi I have Mac OS X (10.2) have switched from wx2.4.1 to 2.5.2 The Problem is that after compiling my app for Mach-O Target using pure BSD no MSL. My application window is coming inactive hence not taking any mouse inputs. I have tracked this in the --------------------------- file : src/mac/carbon/toplevel.cpp function name : wxTopLevelMouseEventHandler in this the IsWindowActive() fails and doesnot initialize currentMouseWindow The same happens with the Treectrl Sample if compiled for the same target, though it works fine for the Carbon Target. Is there anything els...

Opening 'iSeries Access for windows from a windows program'
Hi there!! I am a windows programmer (VB, VC++ etc). I have used 'iSeries Access for windows' emulator to log in and look data and stuff. Now I am asked to write a program in windows (VB or any other language) that calls (opens) emulator program. Let's say I have a function called 'find customer' when I log in through iSeries Access for windows emulator. Say it can be searched by name or SSN. Now how do I write a windows program that will directly take to emulator screen by passing on parameter like SSN. To make it clearer, I do not want to fetch data into windows program. I just want the windows program to open the emulator (green screen) prepopulated with the customer info we are looking for. Could any one please guide me or post a sample code so that I can look into it. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!! -Raj Raj wrote: > Hi there!! > > I am a windows programmer (VB, VC++ etc). I have used 'iSeries Access > for windows' emulator to log in and look data and stuff. Now I am asked > to write a program in windows (VB or any other language) that calls > (opens) emulator program. Let's say I have a function called 'find > customer' when I log in through iSeries Access for windows emulator. > Say it can be searched by name or SSN. Now how do I write a windows > program that will directly take to emulator screen by passing on > parameter like SSN. To make it clearer, I do not want to fetch ...

iSeries Access #2
i am currently setting up a pc to access an iSeries that is running V4R4, the version of iSeries Access I am using is V5R2. When i try to connect to the system with iSeries Access it errors out but when i use a shareware telnet 5250 client i can get connected. i have port 23 open on the router. is there something else that needs to be done?? is there something i am missing?? iSeries Access does a bit more than the Shareware clients, so it needs a few more ports open. When you first connect it will talk to; as-svrmap on port 449. This gets the list of ports that are running for the host servers on the iSeries (can be avoided by changing a property in Ops Nav). After that, it talks to; as-signon on 8476 After that, you finally get to Telnet on port 23. Shareware clients and 3rd party emulators go straight through on port 23 without checking the other bits. On 14 Apr 2005 09:13:09 -0700, <kai.prgmr@gmail.com> wrote: > i am currently setting up a pc to access an iSeries that is running > V4R4, the version of iSeries Access I am using is V5R2. When i try to > connect to the system with iSeries Access it errors out but when i use > a shareware telnet 5250 client i can get connected. i have port 23 > open on the router. is there something else that needs to be done?? > is there something i am missing?? > -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ Hi >From memory you have to open 8740-8746 a...

iSeries Access for Windows
Does anyone know how to create a tailored image that doesn't include Management Central? TAI Hector ...

Light Box Effect (2 Windows, 1 Smaller And Active Above Inactive Grayed-Out Window)
Does anybody have a project that will give me a Light Box effect to a project. A Light Box Effect produces two windows. One window will be active, but the one below it will be inactive and grayed out. Here's an image of what I want to achieve. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6605964/lightbox-effect-in-swing I'm not interested in licensed code. Thank you, On 8/3/2012 10:37 AM, clusardi2k@aol.com wrote: > Does anybody have a project that will give me a Light Box effect to a > project. > > A Light Box Effect produces two windows. One window will be active, > but the one below it will be inactive and grayed out. > > Here's an image of what I want to achieve. > > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6605964/lightbox-effect-in-swing There's a class JLayer which provides the basics. You'll have to provide a fair amount of code though; I'm not aware of any class that provides a lightbox feature. There's also a book call Swing Hacks which has some interesting ideas, including an animated window similar to what you are asking for. Still not exactly a lightbox however. <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/misc/jlayer.html> Is there another way besides using JLayer. Is JLayer the best way. Thank you, On 8/6/2012 8:54 AM, clusardi2k@aol.com wrote: > Is there another way besides using JLayer. Is JLayer the best way. I think it might be the only way, ...

Re: Light Box Effect (2 Windows, 1 Smaller And Active Above Inactive #2
To: markspace From: "clusardi2k" <clusardi2k@1:261/38.remove-sao-this> To: markspace From: clusardi2k@aol.com Is there another way besides using JLayer. Is JLayer the best way. Thank you, -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1 + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38) -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98 Time Warp of the Future BBS - telnet://time.synchro.net:24 --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1 * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38) --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98 Time Warp of the Future BBS - telnet://time.synchro.net:24 To: clusardi2k From: "markspace" <markspace@1:261/38.remove-sao-this> To: clusardi2k From: markspace <-@.> On 8/6/2012 8:54 AM, clusardi2k@aol.com wrote: > Is there another way besides using JLayer. Is JLayer the best way. I think it might be the only way, short of doing it yourself like that Swing Hacks books shows you. "Best" is a hard thing to determine without careful analysis. But JLayer is certainly the way I would start, even if I decided later I had to change. Can't go too badly wrong re-using code someone else already wrote. -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1 + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38) -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98 Time Warp of the Future BBS - telnet://time.synchro.net:24 --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1 * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38) --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98 Time Warp of the Future BBS - telnet://time.synchro.net:24 ...

IBM PS 2 MODEL 50 WORKING WITH WINDOWS 3.1 AND DOS 6.2 auction
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-MODEL-50-WORKING-WITH-WINDOWS-3-1-AND-DOS-6-2_W0QQitemZ5227734016QQcategoryZ51096QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Aug-16-05 09:11:47 PDT Huntington, West Virginia -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

Is IBM killing iSeries? Yes, IBM is the iSeries muderer!!!!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C4263B.65141F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IBM should know, it's just herself is killing iSeries/400. He invest = too much money in Webfacing, HATS, PASE, Web Access and RPG V .... but = how many users are planing to use them??? almost NONE! IBM should focus = on how to imporve the running time performance of Websphere on iSeries, = How let user can build java/web application as easy as SDA. AS/400 won = in 1988 because compare with the Unix, VAX/VMS and DOS, AS/400 is such = easy to be used to create application system. but now, Java on iSeries = is nightmare. Compare with Unix, Linux and Window platfrom. Websphere on = AS/400 has very low performance, It's very difficult to be install, Very = bad SQL/JDBC performance, to build application is as difficult as unix = and other open system, even more. Much expensive than unix, linux and = windows..... so Why user choose iSeries???? almost all my customer = complain as I said above everyday... Honestly If I was ordered to build = a web base application, I'd rather use Linux, but not OS/400! OS/400 can = not give me almost none benefit for Web Application! also AS/400 is not = a very good DB server too. Just wish I could install Linux and AIX on AS/400 box without the OS/400 = primary partition soon. And hope IBM sell the new box as cheaper as = pSeries (RS/6000).=...

Hide Access Window #2
Hi All, I am trying to use the function found on the MVP site http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm to hide the Access window. I must be missing something as I keep getting an error message: "You entered an expression that requires a form to be the active window". I have a popup form set to open when the DB is opened. On the open event of the form, I have the following code: fSetAccessWindow (SW_HIDE) as instructed on the web page. Each time, I get the same error. What am I missing? TIA Mark ...

access Windows from Matlab #2
Hello and thank very much for your answers I've type in the prompt of Matlab: system (netconnections) and I can open the network connection window of Windows XP but what I need is to open the following window in which I have my connection. for example: Start-->Configuration--> Network Connections--> My connection How can I do it??how can I open it from Matlab?? What is the path of this window?? Thank very much in advance ...

iSeries Access for Web #2
I recently installed iSeries Access for Web v 3.5 on OS/400 v5.1 I have two problems: 1. From the printer output screen, I can view spooled files in "GIF" or "TIFF" formats, but I can't view in "PCL" or "AFP Viewer" formats. When I click on those links, I only get iWaPCLDownload or iWAAfpDownload as a files and no real pcl or afp files. 2. When I start 5250 emulation, I get error "A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line:57 (60, 68, 71...) Error: Object Expected" Also none of the direct links to 5250 are working. Damir -- Jajo wrote: > I recently installed iSeries Access for Web v 3.5 on OS/400 v5.1 > There is no such thing as iSeries Access for Web v3.5. Do you mean 5722-XH2 V5R1M0? This is the release that supports only WebSphere 3.5. Or do you mean 5722-XH2 V5R3M0 (available from the iSeries Access for Web site -- http://www.ibm.com/eserver/iseries/access/web/)? This version supports ASF Tomcat, WebSphere 4, WebSphere 5, and WebSphere 5.1. If so, it is not supported on OS/400 V5R1M0. > I have two problems: > > 1. From the printer output screen, I can view spooled files in "GIF" or > "TIFF" formats, but I can't view in "PCL" or "AFP Viewer" formats. When I > click on those links, I only get iWaPCLDownload or iWAAfpDownload as a files > and no real pcl or afp files. > You need a plugin or application that ...

Updating iSeries access for windows.
I'm trying to upgrade 400+ PCs to the latest version of IBM iSeries access for windows. We are currently running Client Access for windows V4R4M0. I have a written a batch file that changes the Source Directory & Checks the Silent install box. The challenge I'm running into right now is scheduling the update to happen on a Saturday when no one is logged into the PC. (and only when no one is logged in) what is the best way to accomplish this? The batch file (or I could easily write a VBScript) will be executed via a login script. any help is appricated thanx Cryptographic_ICE@yahoo.com wrote: > I'm trying to upgrade 400+ PCs to the latest version of IBM iSeries > access for windows. We are currently running Client Access for windows > V4R4M0. I have a written a batch file that changes the Source Directory > & Checks the Silent install box. The challenge I'm running into right > now is scheduling the update to happen on a Saturday when no one is > logged into the PC. (and only when no one is logged in) what is the > best way to accomplish this? The batch file (or I could easily write a > VBScript) will be executed via a login script. any help is appricated > thanx > Why don't you run it via the scheduler late at night (under a machine admin account). Your vb script should be able to detect logged in users if necessary. -- Texeme Construct http://www.myspace.com/texeme The computers are only powered on durin...

Can I join an Access 2.0 system.mda file from Access 97, to make it easier to import forms and other objects from my old Access 2.0 apps?
The arduous job of importing Access 2.0 objects is complicated by the fact that I have some of the apps secured. I know I can UNSECURE chosen apps and circumvent this issue using the old CopyObject security loophole. But sometimes I need to just pull in a couple of forms and some modules w/o the hassel. Can I join an Access 2.0 system database from Access 97? Tip: A better Title for this thread:=20 A97: Join Access 2.0 system.mda ? I simply can't read and don't like these 'far too long' titles. You are doing this more and more ?? Why ?? Now to your question: You can use (and thus join) Access 2.0 system databases AFTER converting = them. Arno R "MLH" <CRCI@NorthState.net> schreef in bericht = news:3fvp91ho82a5tqpet8q0h529qnsgqji939@4ax.com... > The arduous job of importing Access 2.0 objects is > complicated by the fact that I have some of the apps > secured. I know I can UNSECURE chosen apps and > circumvent this issue using the old CopyObject security > loophole. But sometimes I need to just pull in a couple > of forms and some modules w/o the hassel. Can I join > an Access 2.0 system database from Access 97? I should-a-thought of that. You are right, short subject = better. ...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2 #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQcmdZViewItem< BIN Sealed in box, includes cables. 13 available. ...

Iseries Access for Windows
I am attempting to use some PC software by issuing command RUNRMTCMD from a green screen. But I am having trouble getting this setup. Are there any good red books out there on what to look out for and how to set this up? (cribbed from somewhere..) AS/400 Sending Commands to the PC You'll need to go into your Client Access Properties on the Control Panel. Select the "remote command" then "add" an entry for your AS/400. Give it any userid and password--it does not have to be anything that exists anywhere but you'll need it to send commands from the AS/400 to that PC. Consider it the signon to the PC itself. You may need to reboot. You'll now see a task called "cwbrxd" running on the task bar. It's a OS program that will execute commands from the AS/400. Important Note: You'll need to end this task before you can shutdown your PC. To do this, create an icon on the desktop that runs the program "cwbrxdsd.exe" to shutdown "cwbrxd". Click on this icon before you shutdown your PC. Once you're setup, the AS/400 command "RUNRMTCMD" can be used to send commands to the PC (you'll need the userid and password you assigned to the PC in the above step here). You can submit the RUNRMTCMD to batch or use your favorite job scheduler if you wish. Remote commands: Configure in C/A control panel (use * for wildcard values) Start remote server & minimize (cwbrxd.exe) Use Run...

Web resources about - iSeries Access for Windows timeout after 2 min. inactivity!? - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Physical Inactivity: The Biggest Public Health Problem of the 21st Century - YouTube
Steven Blair presented his entertaining and informative talk on Physical Inactivity on October 23, 2013 at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. ...

Obesity, inactivity, bad diet feared causes of slowing decline in heart disease deaths
Medical experts fear obesity, poor diet and lack of exercise may be the reason for a slowing decline in heart disease death for middle age Australians.&#160; ...

Inactivity puts kids as young as 15 at risk obesity and chronic disease
EXCESSIVE screen time and the inactivity that goes with it is putting kids as young as 15 at greater risk of obesity and chronic disease, new ...

Confidence in business down due to government's 'inactivity'
... get weaker over the next year, according to a new poll which points the finger at China's downturn and the Palaszczuk government's &quot;inactivity&quot;. ...

Confidence in business down due to government's 'inactivity'
... to get weaker over the next year, according to a new poll which points the finger at China's downturn and the Palaszczuk government's "inactivity". ...

Misfit unveils the Shine 2 w/ improved sleep & activity tracking, inactivity alerts, more
... of Tech Industry , iOS , and Wearables . What do you think? Discuss "Misfit unveils the Shine 2 w/ improved sleep & activity tracking, inactivity ...

Smart Lock Now Notifies You When It Locks Your Phone After 4 Hours Of Inactivity
Google has been rolling out updates to Smart Lock over the past months, adding On-body detection and Trusted voice, and while this recent change... ...

Microsoft Band updated to include music controls and inactivity alerts
... came out, the company is adding functionality with a small software update. The two biggest features of this update—music controls and inactivity ...