iSeries Access for Windows timeout after 2 min. inactivity!?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

On a XP Desktop with iSeries Access for Windows 5.3 installed I get
timeout after 2 minutes of inactivity? this happends on severly
partitions and the Sysval is not set on 2 minutes.
Do anyone has this experience or know any soloution?
Thanks!
Kjell

0
Reply kjellakenilsson (30) 10/19/2005 7:21:38 PM

See related articles to this posting

http://www.lisug.org/Techtipclientaccess.htm

0
Reply budimlic (202) 10/19/2005 8:14:44 PM

Elvis wrote:
> http://www.lisug.org/Techtipclientaccess.htm

If you are using ISDN conection to remote system you have to increase
idle time.
0
Reply niksa.curcija (2) 10/26/2005 7:25:44 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9054 articles. 12 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

iSeries access for windows #2
I am trying to installed iSeries access for windows on an IBM xSeries Server running Windows Server 2003 (64-bit) on Intel Xeon processors. Keep getting xcopy error when installation starts. I am using V5R2 of iSeries Access and OS400. Any thoughts? Bob G How are you installing? Off the IFS or from CD? What kind of xcopy errors do you get? I recommend installing from the /QIBM?ProdData/.../Express/Image dir in the IFS. You can mount a network drive to it and run setup.exe from there. -- Best regards, Ren´┐Ż H. Hartman www.hac-maarssen.nl <bgehr23@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht ne...

Windows Vista and iSeries Access for Windows?
Anyone brave/dumb enough to be trying iSeries Access for Windows on Vista yet? Seemed to install OK, as long as I turned on run as admin and compatibility mode. I got the 5250 to work OK but in Basic operation I cannot drag and drop a spool file from Printer Output to my desktop - the program bombs explorer.exe. Nor can I double-click on a file without the AFP Workbench crashing. And I did just apply the PTF mentioned in my previous message. This is on a brand new Core 2 Duo Dell D630 notebook computer with a virgin image of Vista Ultimate. Thanks! -Bob il 17/07/2007 2.31, Scriv...

iSeries Access on Windows 2003 64 bit with Citrix #2
Hi, is supported iSeries Access 5.3.2 on Windows 2003 64 bit ? it's used on Citrix. Do you know if existe a documentation, how-to or a red-book to do this ? Thank you for attention. Regards. Ganimede Dignan. ...

wxMAc 2.5.2
Hi I have Mac OS X (10.2) have switched from wx2.4.1 to 2.5.2 The Problem is that after compiling my app for Mach-O Target using pure BSD no MSL. My application window is coming inactive hence not taking any mouse inputs. I have tracked this in the --------------------------- file : src/mac/carbon/toplevel.cpp function name : wxTopLevelMouseEventHandler in this the IsWindowActive() fails and doesnot initialize currentMouseWindow The same happens with the Treectrl Sample if compiled for the same target, though it works fine for the Carbon Target. Is there anything els...

iSeries Access for Windows
Does anyone know how to create a tailored image that doesn't include Management Central? TAI Hector ...

iSeries Access #2
i am currently setting up a pc to access an iSeries that is running V4R4, the version of iSeries Access I am using is V5R2. When i try to connect to the system with iSeries Access it errors out but when i use a shareware telnet 5250 client i can get connected. i have port 23 open on the router. is there something else that needs to be done?? is there something i am missing?? iSeries Access does a bit more than the Shareware clients, so it needs a few more ports open. When you first connect it will talk to; as-svrmap on port 449. This gets the list of ports that are running for the ho...

Opening 'iSeries Access for windows from a windows program'
Hi there!! I am a windows programmer (VB, VC++ etc). I have used 'iSeries Access for windows' emulator to log in and look data and stuff. Now I am asked to write a program in windows (VB or any other language) that calls (opens) emulator program. Let's say I have a function called 'find customer' when I log in through iSeries Access for windows emulator. Say it can be searched by name or SSN. Now how do I write a windows program that will directly take to emulator screen by passing on parameter like SSN. To make it clearer, I do not want to fetch data into windows program....

Light Box Effect (2 Windows, 1 Smaller And Active Above Inactive Grayed-Out Window)
Does anybody have a project that will give me a Light Box effect to a project. A Light Box Effect produces two windows. One window will be active, but the one below it will be inactive and grayed out. Here's an image of what I want to achieve. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6605964/lightbox-effect-in-swing I'm not interested in licensed code. Thank you, On 8/3/2012 10:37 AM, clusardi2k@aol.com wrote: > Does anybody have a project that will give me a Light Box effect to a > project. > > A Light Box Effect produces two windows. One window will be act...

Re: Light Box Effect (2 Windows, 1 Smaller And Active Above Inactive #2
To: markspace From: "clusardi2k" <clusardi2k@1:261/38.remove-sao-this> To: markspace From: clusardi2k@aol.com Is there another way besides using JLayer. Is JLayer the best way. Thank you, -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1 + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38) -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98 Time Warp of the Future BBS - telnet://time.synchro.net:24 --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1 * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38) --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98 Time Warp of the Future BBS - telnet://time.synchro.net:24 To: clusardi2k From: "markspace" <m...

access to Access #2
I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that would be a show stipper for us. Thanks for any insight, dave ...

iSeries Access for Web #2
I recently installed iSeries Access for Web v 3.5 on OS/400 v5.1 I have two problems: 1. From the printer output screen, I can view spooled files in "GIF" or "TIFF" formats, but I can't view in "PCL" or "AFP Viewer" formats. When I click on those links, I only get iWaPCLDownload or iWAAfpDownload as a files and no real pcl or afp files. 2. When I start 5250 emulation, I get error "A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line:57 (60, 68, 71...) Error: Object Expected" Also none of the direct links to 5250 are working. Dam...

Hide Access Window #2
Hi All, I am trying to use the function found on the MVP site http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm to hide the Access window. I must be missing something as I keep getting an error message: "You entered an expression that requires a form to be the active window". I have a popup form set to open when the DB is opened. On the open event of the form, I have the following code: fSetAccessWindow (SW_HIDE) as instructed on the web page. Each time, I get the same error. What am I missing? TIA Mark ...

access Windows from Matlab #2
Hello and thank very much for your answers I've type in the prompt of Matlab: system (netconnections) and I can open the network connection window of Windows XP but what I need is to open the following window in which I have my connection. for example: Start-->Configuration--> Network Connections--> My connection How can I do it??how can I open it from Matlab?? What is the path of this window?? Thank very much in advance ...

Updating iSeries access for windows.
I'm trying to upgrade 400+ PCs to the latest version of IBM iSeries access for windows. We are currently running Client Access for windows V4R4M0. I have a written a batch file that changes the Source Directory & Checks the Silent install box. The challenge I'm running into right now is scheduling the update to happen on a Saturday when no one is logged into the PC. (and only when no one is logged in) what is the best way to accomplish this? The batch file (or I could easily write a VBScript) will be executed via a login script. any help is appricated thanx Cryptographic_ICE@yaho...

Can I join an Access 2.0 system.mda file from Access 97, to make it easier to import forms and other objects from my old Access 2.0 apps?
The arduous job of importing Access 2.0 objects is complicated by the fact that I have some of the apps secured. I know I can UNSECURE chosen apps and circumvent this issue using the old CopyObject security loophole. But sometimes I need to just pull in a couple of forms and some modules w/o the hassel. Can I join an Access 2.0 system database from Access 97? Tip: A better Title for this thread:=20 A97: Join Access 2.0 system.mda ? I simply can't read and don't like these 'far too long' titles. You are doing this more and more ?? Why ?? Now to your question: You can use (and...

iSeries Access for Windows
Hi, Installing iSeries for Access v 5.4 on a remote PC. The PC is downloading the installation file from a remote server. Halfway through installation comms drop. So i then uninstall the app and begin again but i keep getting the message that to complete uninstallation, i need to reboot. Rebooted several times and still get the same message. Any ideas how to get past this? Admin Rookie wrote: > Installing iSeries for Access v 5.4 on a remote PC. The PC is > downloading the installation file from a remote server. Halfway > through installation comms drop. > So i then uninstall t...

How to install Windows Vista in 2 mins
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/915.gif On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 04:53:49 -0600, hy wrote (in article <1171882429.486846.242370@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>): > http://youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno > > http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/915.gif > http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/918.html -- Lefty All of God's creatures have a place.......... ..........right next to the potatoes and gravy. See also: http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/iProduct.gif In article <1171882429.486846....

Min function returns Min[2.05875,] instead of just 2.05875
I have an matrix "data" with 17x248 real numbers. When I enter Min[data], I get Min[2.05875, ] as a result, instead of just the number 2.05875. This is Mathematica 7.0.1 on Mac OS X. Why? How can I get just the number from the result? TIA This is just a guess, but you may have an invisible character as an element in your matrix that is being interpreted as a symbol. The second argument of the Min is in your matrix somewhere. Do a FullForm on the output to see what the second argument to Min is, then eliminate it from your matrix. This is precisely the re...

Iseries Access for Windows
I am attempting to use some PC software by issuing command RUNRMTCMD from a green screen. But I am having trouble getting this setup. Are there any good red books out there on what to look out for and how to set this up? (cribbed from somewhere..) AS/400 Sending Commands to the PC You'll need to go into your Client Access Properties on the Control Panel. Select the "remote command" then "add" an entry for your AS/400. Give it any userid and password--it does not have to be anything that exists anywhere but you'll need it to send commands from the AS/400 to...

Closeing MSQuery Window from Access #2
Hello, I am trying to close the MsQuery window from within an Access 2000 module. On Dev Ashish's site, he has code to find the class name and then another function to close an external application if you have the class name. The class name for Msquery is QMain Caption. However, when I use Dev's function to close out an external application based on class, it fails. However, I tried his example of Calculator and that worked. Any ideas or other methods? Thanks, Brian ...

Better DOS than DOS, better Windows than Windows, better OS/2 than OS/2 :-)))
Hello, hereby I officially announce my entry into "eCS lusers" crowd :-) Installed 1.1 entry upgrade from Warp 4 on Saturday. Until now I was at Warp 4 FP15, and the days of fixed-patched-1996-oldtimer are gone. Although OS/2 base system in eCS 1.1 does not considerably differ from CP2, the value of added software (especially SDK 4.52) made my day. I got up-to-date OS/2 with SDK and other SW for cca 109 euro (thanks to my Warp 4). Just one notice about eCS: Should have happened earlier, in Warp 3 times. And just a drop of poison for you-know-who: I was able to run all my OS/2 sof...

Re: Min function returns Min[2.05875,] instead of just 2.05875
On 6/1/09 at 7:12 AM, davide.guarisco@gmail.com (dg) wrote: >I have an matrix "data" with 17x248 real numbers. >When I enter Min[data], I get Min[2.05875, ] as a result, instead >of just the number 2.05875. >This is Mathematica 7.0.1 on Mac OS X. >Why? There is at least one entry in your matrix that does not have a numeric value. Quite likely, this is a Null. This can happen when you read data in from a CSV file using Import and there is an extra comma somewhere. You can verify this to be the case by doing Union[Head/@Flatten[data]] >How...

Windows NT Internet FAQ, Part 2/2 #2
Archive-name: windows-nt/internet-faq/part2 Posting-Frequency: monthly Last-modified: 1994/12/30 Version: 1.1 Below is the rasphone.pbk entry for my Evergreen slip connection which uses my static IP address. [EVERGREEN SLIP] Description= AutoLogon=0 User= Domain= BaseProtocol=2 Authentication=-1 ExcludedProtocols=0 LcpExtensions=1 DataEncryption=0 SlipHeaderCompression=1 SlipFrameSize=1006 SlipIpAddress=198.60.143.32 SkipDownLevelDialog=0 I played around with a PPP connection using dynamic IP and it worked fine. This works because the PPP protocol negotiates th...

ACCESS Database #2 #2
Hi, This is Mac , - Recruitment and Resources from SancroSoft USA Inc. We have an urgent requirement as follows: Please respond with resumes in MS-Word Format with the following details to Mac@sancrosoftusa.com Full Name : Location : Contact Number : Email : Availability : Rate / Hour : Visa Status : REQUIREMENT DETAILS :-- ACCESS Database Location: Jersey City NJ Duration: 3 months JD: =95 Design and development ACCESS database and UI Screens using Microsoft technology (VB/ASP.NET) =95 Backup of ACCESS database and restoring on need be basis =95 ...