IWPM For Windows 2000 To work with Windows XP?

Guys,

 Have you been able to get this beast to work with Windows XP? When I
attempt to run the install program, it says it "Can not write PATH Key"
and then quits. I am in Administration mode on the PC and can write to
the PATH manually. Is there a newer viewer then Version 2 Release 3
Build 20001004?

Thanks!

-----------------------
James
http://www.fordaspire.com -Web
http://www.fordtaurus.net -Web
jpiper2@gmail.com - Email

0
jpiper2 (1)

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

Windows 2000 vs. Windows XP?
I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference and why? -O Ovid left a note on my windscreen which said: > I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference > and why? XP (Pro). Cause it's 2K with knobs on. -- Stoneskin [Insert sig here] On 5 Nov 2003 11:38:17 -0600, Ovid <Ovid@Epigram.com> wrote: >I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference >and why? I don't use Windows a whole lot. But when I do, my own preference is ...

replacing windows xp with windows 2000
I just recently bought a laptop with the Windows XP operating system preinstalled. Being an advocate of Windows 2000 I was trying to replace XP with 2000 but ran into the following problem. The setup process seems to not allow newer Windows operating systems be replaced by older ones despite the preference of the operator. Is there any way to get around this? If there is one I'd be very grateful for advise. Thanks. Boot from a Win 98 floppy, fdisk, format and install Terry "Joe" <josephstran@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1a55ccc2.0401111637.682b70c8@posting.google...

Mapping Drives From Windows 2000 To Windows XP
First, let me say I am a developer not a network guy, so I reconize my limitations in this area. I am running Windows XP on my desktop in Domain A. I am trying to map a drive on a Windows 2000 server machine in Domain B using Windows explorer. I supply credentials which are valid for the Win2K machin in Domain B. A space is created in my explorer (the space is blank, it does not contain any information about the drive I mapped). I can see the file system (i.e. the directory tree) fine, but if I try to copy any files from my pc to the mapped drive, I get complaints about the filenames being ...

Mapping Drives From Windows 2000 To Windows XP
First, let me say I am a developer not a network guy, so I reconize my limitations in this area. I am running Windows XP on my desktop in Domain A. I am trying to map a drive on a Windows 2000 server machine in Domain B using Windows explorer. I supply credentials which are valid for the Win2K machin in Domain B. A space is created in my explorer (the space is blank, it does not contain any information about the drive I mapped). I can see the file system (i.e. the directory tree) fine, but if I try to copy any files from my pc to the mapped drive, I get complaints about the filenames being invalid. Only files which follow the old filename convention of names being 8.3 can be copied. Anyone have thoughts on why this is happening? Thanks - Tim ...

dot1x authentication on windows xp and windows 2000 workstations
we're trying to test dot1x authentication on wired LAN and the set-up was already completed according to the cisco documentation on setting up dot1x for wired network, we've already tried to acquire ip address thru authentication and it worked, the problem is everytime we try to restart the workstation it already has the same ip we've acquired before we restarted the workstation. how can we make the workstation prompt first for auuthentication before it acquire ip address upon startup??? On Nov 19, 2:28 am, "acbgamir" <u39193@uwe> wrote: > we're trying to t...

windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication
i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any help..thanks rh_nayan@msn.com (Rakib Hassan) wrote in message news:<1a0a9065.0309020146.582df00f@posting.google.com>... > news:<60f42cdd.0309011214.6f20358a@posting.google.com>... > Hi guys, > you must got problems in sharing permissions.if it doesnt work then > make a dc(win2000)and make the xp pc its(dc's) client.i hope it will > work. check your registry settings HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa Maybe there is a key FORCEGUEST, if yes, edit the value to 0 Just insert the XP CD choose preform other tasks and click set up network, follow the wizzard and it'll sort it out (worked for me) XP is against manual settings obviously. Do it with both machines (yes its legal, even recomended by MS - see wizzard) and you will be fine. Tarl ...

Windows XP Prof versus Windows 2000 Prof
Good morning- I have designed an application using the following environment: Windows XP Proffessional Microsoft Access 2000 I am utilizing at the startup of the application on my Splash screen Dev Ashish's code to maximize the window (fSetAccessWindow). The Splash screen then runs a routine to see if a newer version of the front end is on the server. If found, it runs a Docmd.Followhyperlink to a separate database that also utilizies the fSetAccessWindow, opens a form that acts as a status screen (copies the newer file in the background, copies tables to and from the main database) and then reopens the main database file through another Docmd.FollowHyperLink. Everything works like a charm under the design environment exactly as I programmed it. However some of the users of the application are under the following environment: Windows 2000 Proffessional Microsoft Access 2000 Under this environment when the user starts the main application the Splash screen and the fSetAccessWindow function works. The Splash screen then runs the routine to find the newer version, and then follows the link the separate file. The file is opened and runs the code, however the form that acts like the status screen never appears and all the user sees is the grey background. Once the newer file is copied, the main database file opens through Docmd. FollowHyperLink, and again the grey background with all the code running but no splash screen and then no switchboard. The user at this po...

How to connect a windows xp box to a windows 2000 box
Hi, I have an older box installed with windows 2000 and a new box with windows xp. I would like to access my windows 2000 box through windows xp with a crossover cable. I was able to view the shared folders of windows xp from my windows 2000 box, but not vice versa. I may not set it up correctly. Anyone has a working procedure to share? Thanks, Wayne wwang525@yahoo.com (Wayne) wrote in message news:<4ce62911.0407201605.6f030ca7@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have an older box installed with windows 2000 and a new box with > windows xp. > I wo...

Windows 2000 and Windows XP using Firewire connection
Has anyone been able to use this method for networking? Win XP has the drivers etc loaded. Win 2000 does not have drivers for IEEE (1394) to allow networking. I currently using a wireless connection which works and also a LAN 100mbit connection which works. I would like to try and use firewire as well. Are there drivers available for Win 2000 to allow firewire networking? Can the XP drivers be used instead? Tanx Martin On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:34:54 GMT, no-spam@here.com wrote: > Has anyone been able to use this method for networking? > > Win XP has the drivers etc loaded. > Win 2000 does not have drivers for IEEE (1394) to allow networking. > > I currently using a wireless connection which works and also a LAN 100mbit > connection which works. > > I would like to try and use firewire as well. > > Are there drivers available for Win 2000 to allow firewire networking? > > Can the XP drivers be used instead? > > Tanx > Martin Win2K does not support IEEE1394 networking. WinME and XP do support IEEE1394 networking. Tanx, I already knew that, which is why I was asking if there is a way around it. Either 3rd party softaware or XP drivers. Martin ...

running windows 98/2000/me games on windows XP
Is there any product out there that allows you to run these games from older platforms to windows XP. I've got all sort of favorites from SIM City to Dungeon Keeper 2, but they don't seem to want to play nice with XP. Thanks in advance for your help! There is one for runng DOS, most games work farly good on XP... Jesus Hernandez wrote: > Is there any product out there that allows you to run these games from older > platforms to windows XP. I've got all sort of favorites from SIM City to > Dungeon Keeper 2, but they don't seem to want to play nice with ...

Windows 2000 and Windows XP using Firewire connection
Has anyone been able to use this method for networking? Win XP has the drivers etc loaded. Win 2000 does not have drivers for IEEE (1394) to allow networking. I currently using a wireless connection which works and also a LAN 100mbit connection which works. I would like to try and use firewire as well. Are there drivers available for Win 2000 to allow firewire networking? Can the XP drivers be used instead? Tanx Martin On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:34:54 GMT, no-spam@here.com wrote: > Has anyone been able to use this method for networking? > > Win XP has the drivers etc loaded. >...

Windows xp Pro cannot see Windows 2000 Pro
I have been trying to solve this problem for months! I have 4 PCs in a workgroup, 3 are Windows XP Pro and 1 is a Windows 2000 Pro. The Windows 2000 PC can see all of the Windows XP machines. It can copy files to them it can share the printer connected to one of them no issues. None of the Windows xp (2 are sp2 1 is sp1)can see the Windows 2000 PC. If I ping the 2000 PC I get back an Ip address, but it times out. I have double checked the Workgroup name. They all login as administrator same password. They can all get to the internet using the cable modem connected to one of the...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003
This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who don't/can't subscribe to the microsoft groups. The original thread can be read here: <URL: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.scripting.jscript/browse_frm/thread/91bd7c8dfe3c8a9f/a80a764bfb34d2ee#a80a764bfb34d2ee> Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000 <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c03d3e49-b40e-4ca1-a0c7-cc135ec4d2be&displaylang=en&tm> Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-d896-482e-a0d6-524e7e844d81&displaylang=en&tm> Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows Server 2003 <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f00cb8c0-32e9-411d-a896-f2cd5ef21eb4&displaylang=en&tm> -- Randy Chance Favors The Prepared Mind comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html Javascript Best Practices - http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/ In comp.lang.javascript message <fZ-dnUyF3KVAA1nbRVn_vw@giganews.com>, Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:00:49, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtHome@aol.com> posted: >This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by >Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who >don't/can't subscribe to the...

HP ColorPro Plotter 7440 -- Windows 2000 OR Windows XP DRIVER
Are there any drivers that can be obtained to enable us to run an ancient HP COLORPRO PLOTTER 7440 on either a Windows 2000 or a Windows XP machine? Thanks! Scott.A.Smith@rogers.com wrote: > Are there any drivers that can be obtained to enable us to run an > ancient HP COLORPRO PLOTTER 7440 on either a Windows 2000 or a Windows > XP machine? Looking in my Printers installation in Windows 2000, there is an HP generic plotter driver for HPGL/2 plotters. The 7440 is HPGL/2. There is also a program called Winline that is a plotter driver for old plotters, versions for ...

os.system always opens new window on Windows XP/2000
Can anyone tell me how to run a bunch of commands in the same command line window? When I do this: system("command1") system("command2") .... it opens a new window for every system call. The alternative I can think of is to write out the command to a batch file and run that, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to do it. Partly it is annoying to have 20 cmd windows flash on the screen, but also I don't think it works if I do something like this: system("set envvar=hi") since I think the envvar does not persist once the command window is closed...

could not telnet windows XP to unix box through windows 2000 server configured as a router
Anyone, Please help! ...

Putty from Windows XP to Windows 2000 pro server
I've been using Putty telnet for some time (and very satisfactorily) to connect to a Solaris server. Now I'm trying to use it to connect to a Windows 2000 server. The character based application on the server uses tip files to control screen addressing - line draw chars, cursor movement, reverse type etc. - and to interpret function, delete, insert keys etc. However I can't find a combination of putty configuration setting and tip file which is entirely OK. On unix it's easy to trap function key sequences and modify tip files, but how do you do this on windows? I'd be grateful for help with this. ...

Printing from Word 2000 on Windows 98 and Windows 2000
I have process that creates a Word document (Word 2000) and prints to the specified printer. When the process runs on Windows 98 (where it was developed), the report prints without errors. When I run the same process on a Windows 2000 machine (same process, same template), I get the error "The margins of section <n> are set outside the printable area of the page.". I have been through the knowledge base, but have been unsuccessful in finding any reference to this set of circumstances. The process is an automated invoicing process. The output that is created on the Windows 98 process has never presented with this problem. The specified printers are all HP (4000, 4100, 8000). All Windows 98 machines print fine. All Windows 2000 machines report the error. I welcome any suggestions, recommendations, etc. that anyone may be able to offer. Thanks in advance. Cheers, Robert dmcsudt wrote: > I have process that creates a Word document (Word 2000) and prints to > the specified printer. When the process runs on Windows 98 (where it > was developed), the report prints without errors. When I run the same > process on a Windows 2000 machine (same process, same template), I get > the error "The margins of section <n> are set outside the printable > area of the page.". I have been through the knowledge base, but have > been unsuccessful in finding any reference to this set of > circumstances. > > The process is an automate...

is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results
hi i am using tcl/tk on windows i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0 so practically it should show underline on 1'st character so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and the "same code" without any changes shows underline at first character what is the reason for this i am not getting , will there be any more changes in gui when i port the application on linux harishd@kpitcummins.com writes: > i am using tcl/tk on windows > i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0 > so practically it should show underline on 1'st character > so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and The menubar is the system's so it lacks some features. -- Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca harishd@kpitcummins.com wrote: > hi > i am using tcl/tk on windows > i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0 > so practically it should show underline on 1'st character > so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and > the "same code" without any changes shows underline at first character > > what is the reason for this i am not getting , will there be any more > changes in gui when i port the application on linux > Doesn't win2k have the "feature" that underlines don't show unless you press the alt key (or some other magical key)? I seem to recall either at win2k or winxp t...

installing "oracle 81.5 for windows nt" on windows xp/2000
Hi I'm using Pentium IV 3.0 GHz (HT enabled) with Windows XP (SP2) as my home pc. I was able to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition for Windows NT in this machine (perhaps, successfully) . Immediately upon installing, I was able to login and create a user, and things like that. But after i shutdown and restart the OS, the OracleStartServiceId service is shown as "Starting" in the windows services utility(start->settings->control panel->administrative tools->services) and the service would not just start. All other oracle services are able to get started and running. I also installed on windows 2000, same result as mentioned above. Now, please help me with the following : 1. Is it problem of installing of oracle database meant for windows nt but installed on windows xp 2. Is it Pentium-IV related problem. 3. Is it Pentium-IV HT related prob. (disabling HT in the bios solves the prob?) Appreciate greatly for the HELP to overcome this installation problem. TIA Best regards dream liner dream liner wrote: > > 1. Is it problem of installing of oracle database meant for windows nt > but installed on windows xp > 2. Is it Pentium-IV related problem. > 3. Is it Pentium-IV HT related prob. (disabling HT in the bios solves > the prob?) > Probably all of the above. Any reason you are using this version ? - it is very old, and predates XP, W2000 and indeed even pentium chips. You can get the latest version free for download ...

Access2k3 Application works under XP, fails under Windows 2000
SCENARIO: Application originally developed in Access 97 several years ago. Worked with no problem until recent change from Novell to Active Directory. PROBLEM: Application was converted from Access 97 to Access 2003. It WORKS on machines running Windows XP It FAILS on machines running Windows 2000 as below: In the Form_Load event of one of the forms (which contains a number of subforms) the following lines appear: Forms![frmPartDetails]![fsubNHA_Details].Form.RecordSource = "qryPart_Details_frm_NHA" Forms![frmPartDetails]! [fsubEndUnit_Details].Form.RecordSource = "qryPart_Details_frm_End_Unit" When the second line is hit it prompts for a parameter thus: Forms!frmPartDetails!fsubNHA_Details!NHA.Text This problem does not occur on Windows XP machines. In order to test this reasonably thoroughly, I copied the code onto a pen drive and installed it on three machines running XP. They all worked fine. I then copied it to three machines running Windows 2K and they all failed with the same problem. The answer, obviously, is to upgrade all Windows 2000 machines to XP. But what is the reason that this doesn't work? Is it an incompatibility between Access 2003 and Windows 2000? Thanks Edward When you open a form, Access must it and its subforms into memory. One of the 2 subforms loads before the other. If you have a dependency that assumes the other subform is loaded, you can get caught short if Access loads them in ...

[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Sales + Windows Vista Upgrades = Windows XP
Vista downgrading: What are your rights? ,----[ Quote ] | Talk about a catch 22. Did you know that in order to be allowed to downgrade | Vista to XP on a new computer, Microsoft expects you to have one of the more | expensive editions of Windows Vista that most OEMs don’t even put on their | machines. It’s true. Have a look at this official Microsoft one-sheet | explaining the intricacies of downgrading from Vista that’s come bundled with | a new PC. | | You’d have to add $180 to the price of a Dell Inspiron 530 in order to have | the right to use XP instead of Vista. `---- http...

TAO 2.40 ( now works in Windows 2000/XP)
Hi, I have modified the original source code for the free version of The Ardennes Offensive 2.4 done by SSG. This new version (call it say 2.40A) now works in Windows 2000 as well as XP. If anyone is interested I can email them the new executable; currently in beta stage (more like release candidate). I'm just about to contact Chris Merchant that runs Run5 website (now part of SSG), the final version will probably be available from Run5 web site...or possibly my own if Chris is too busy with new stuff. If there will be enough interest in this old wargame I could add support for 1...

Web resources about - IWPM For Windows 2000 To work with Windows XP? - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

The Windows Blog

Man leans out window and pulls teen off moped in Halls Head road rage incident
... on a moped were lucky to escape being killed in a road rage incident in Halls Head when one was grabbed by a person leaning out a car window. ...

Google kills Chrome app launcher for Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, and Linux
During the Windows 8 era, I was very worried about that operating system the UI and design choices were troubling. Luckily, as a longtime Linux ...

Prepare to patch a critical flaw in Windows and Samba file sharing
Systems administrators should get ready to fix a critical vulnerability on April 12 that affects the Windows and Samba implementations of the ...

Android N has a “Freeform” Desktop-Style Floating App Window Mode
As it turns out, Google’s Multi-Window in Android N isn’t the only new multi-tasking functionality the Android team has added. If you read closely ...

Microsoft Monday: Xbox One Price Drop, Windows 10 Upgrade Problems, Apology For Afterparty Dancers
... details about HERE Maps being discontinued, a Reddit thread going viral about the problems associated with the automatic upgrade of Windows ...

Apple execs poke fun at Windows and Android in rollout of new iPhone and iPad Pro
Apple’s Phil Schiller introduced the new iPad Pro today, but also dissed Windows users. Apple unveiled some small updates to the iPhone and ...

Google's Scrapping Chrome's App Launcher on Windows, Mac and Linux
Like opening Chrome apps using Google’s dedicated launcher? Tough: As of July, it will be entirely scrapped on Windows, Mac and Linux. Read ...