JDBC connect to as400 database

I' m trying to connect to as400 db2 database using JDBC driver
(com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver).
I'm executing query:
select vrijednost from sekvence where ime='seq_transid'
and i get this message:
[SQL0204] SEKVENCE in EXTLOG001 type *FILE not found.

Table sekvence looks like this:
CREATE TABLE VASPRDDB00/SEKVENCE (
	IME VARCHAR(64) CCSID 870 NOT NULL ,
	VRIJEDNOST INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 ,
	CONSTRAINT VASPRDDB00/PK_SEKVENCE PRIMARY KEY( IME )
);

What is the problem?
Thanx,
Alan

0
aklikic (16)

try:
select vrijednost from VASPRDDB00.sekvence where ime='seq_transid'

HTH

is it necessary to use shema (VASPRDDB00)  before table name in as400
database?
Alan

0
aklikic (16)
10/7/2005 1:35:15 PM
The qualified name (schema.table) is mandatory if your connection use
*SQL naming criteria.
Check your connection setting.

The error that you've reported IMHO may be caused from
- naming criteria (if setted as SQL)
or (if naming is setted to SYS)
- table not found in your library list.

HTH

Most likely case is that EXTLOG001 is your default library and you are
using SQL naming scheme on your connection.  You have several options:
* change to system naming and make sure VASPRDDB00 is in your library
list
* SET SCHEMA EXTLOG001  /* makes this lib your default lib */
* fully qualify SEKVENCE with the library name (i.e.
VASPRDDB00.SEKVENCE)

Elvis

0
budimlic (202)
10/7/2005 2:39:03 PM
That was it.
Thanx. Alan

0
aklikic (16)

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

connection error from .net to as400 db2 database
I am getting the following error while trying to connect to a DB2 database on the as400.It worked fine at first then I started getting this err message. Non-NULL controlling IUnknown was specified, and either the requested interface was not IUnknown, or the provider does not support COM aggregation. Dim cndb As New OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1;Password=SADW;User ID=pg3000001;Data Source=as9625g;Protection Level=None;Transport Product=Client Access;SSL=DEFAULT;Force Translate=65535;Default Collection=PG3000001;Convert Date Time To Char=TRUE;") ...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

AS400 database connectivity(aka iSeries, i5, System i)
I am looking for a working open-source RUBY example that demonstrates how to connect to an AS400 database and query a file. If someone has an example using a free AS400 account from rzkh.de that would excellent. Thank you, Frank -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Frank Kany <frankkany@cinram.com> wrote: > I am looking for a working open-source RUBY example that demonstrates > how to connect to an AS400 database and query a file. > > If someo...

Help with JDBC and SQL Connecting to AS400 ISERIES and DB2
I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is? I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ? Can anyone offer me some guidence? I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc. Thanks Shadow LightSquire@gmail.com wrote: > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is? > > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ? > > Can anyone offer me some guidence? > > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc. > > Thanks > Shadow I...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 connection again...
Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? I want to use: currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION. THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF. Is there a way? Thanks. Matthew Wells MWells@FirstByte.net On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:38:21 GMT, "Matthew Wells" <MWells@FirstByte.net> wrote: I like this site for connection strings: http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81 (formerly able-consulting.com) -Tom. >Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 >table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? I want to use: > >currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString >currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink > >I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION. THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING >ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF. > > >Is there a way? > >Thanks. > >Matthew Wells >MWells@FirstByte.net > > > ...

AS400 connection AGAIN....

IBM AS400

A Basic question on Connecting non-IBM FC Disk Subsystem to AS400
Hi, I'm exploring connecting a non-IBM AS400 disk subsystem to AS400, for example connecting an IBM FAStT Storage Subsystem to the AS400. Can this be done? If so what do I need to get this working? Is the config certified by IBM? Thank you. ...

How to connect WHow to connect WINCE to AS400 DB2 ?
I'm looking for a solution to connect from a WinCE device to an AS400 Database (or MySQL or whatever else other than MS SQL). ADOCE for example is only supporting a connection to an local Access Database or the local file system. I tried ViaDB from Odessey Software (a trial version for one connection) but no succsess. I have looked for several solutions in C++, VB and Java but nothing seems capable to get an easy connection to a database connected wireless. Maybe someone can help me. Thanks. -- "Warum haben wir eigentlich nie Zeit, eine Sache richtig zu machen, aber immer Zeit, sie noch mal zu machen?" 'Systemdenken und Softwarequalit�t', Gerald Weinberg I tried to do this 2 years ago --- the only information I was able to ascertain was that you could write your own data provider or have one written for you. There were also several kludges we were entertaining in order to do this -- one involved Citrix server I believe. Ultimately, the project was killed. It seems like the same issues still exist today. If you find a data provider that works with CE I'd be interested in learning about it. Good Luck Jim K "Frank Barfs" <wegmachen.barfs@vsb-soft.de> wrote in message news:f7qjsc.hic.ln@ID-226326.user.uni-berlin.de... > I'm looking for a solution to connect from a WinCE device to an AS400 > Database (or MySQL or whatever else other than MS SQL). > ADOCE for example is only supporting a connection t...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

DominoNews: IBM Connect becomes IBM ConnectED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- DominoNews - IBM Collaboration Solutions (Lotus software) news IBM Notes and Domino since 2003 September 10, 2014 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- SPONSORS: Genius Project for Domino: Try it free! Project Management Software for IBM Lotus Notes and Domino http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/geniusproject AttachZIP: Attachment compression, image optimization and archive tool for = IBM Notes Compress attachments to ZIP forma...

DominoNews: IBM Connect becomes IBM ConnectED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- DominoNews - IBM Collaboration Solutions (Lotus software) news IBM Notes and Domino since 2003 September 10, 2014 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- SPONSORS: Genius Project for Domino: Try it free! Project Management Software for IBM Lotus Notes and Domino http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/geniusproject AttachZIP: Attachment compression, image optimization and archive tool for = IBM Notes Compress attachments to ZIP forma...

DominoNews: IBM Connect becomes IBM ConnectED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- DominoNews - IBM Collaboration Solutions (Lotus software) news IBM Notes and Domino since 2003 September 10, 2014 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- SPONSORS: Genius Project for Domino: Try it free! Project Management Software for IBM Lotus Notes and Domino http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/geniusproject AttachZIP: Attachment compression, image optimization and archive tool for = IBM Notes Compress attachments to ZIP format and optimize images. Increase disk space= , network bandwidth and performance. Reduce mailbox / DB sizes. Single prod= uct offering. Notes template based installation. http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/attachzip ACL Dominator: ACL management and administration reporting security tool fo= r IBM Notes Report, manage, analyze, audit, export, update all Access Control Lists on = an IBM Domino server. Fix security holes, optimize servers, expand nested g= roups, prepare for message migrations. Report on ACLs, database properties,= mailbox preference properties, user activity, DAOS. http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/acldominator Print Merge Reporter: Mail merge, printing and reporting tool for IBM Notes Mail merge Excel, contacts, barcodes and Notes app data to email or printer= using Notes, iNotes, web. Generate charts and reports to Word, Excel, and = PDF fo...

AS400 Network Connection
When I rebooted a switch today, an AS400 running 4R5, I believe, (I don't administer the box in question) connected to it lost its Ethernet network connection (twinax console was still connected). A reboot brought the connection backup. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If the Ethernet cable is unplugged then plugged back in the connection dies. "Coder" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:UeAWb.1437$_66.226@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com... > When I rebooted a switch today, an AS400 running 4R5, I believe, (I don't > administer the box in question) connected to it lost its Ethernet network > connection (twinax console was still connected). A reboot brought the > connection backup. > > Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If the Ethernet cable is > unplugged then plugged back in the connection dies. Is there a configuration setting that makes this stop? No. iSeries NICs are very, very anal about being connected to something. What I do is set up a reply-list entry to deal with it (WRKRPYLE). Just have it answer 'R' whenever the message shows up. But even with this, it will eventually quit retrying and vary-off the device. Also, you said reboot, I hope you didn't mean IPL the entire system, just varying off/on the line description (or if it is stuck in RCYPND status, just '7 resume recovery' will do) and restarting TCP/IP will get it going again. George Kinney wrote: > > ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

AS400 modem connection
Help please, I have an AS400 running OS V4R1 and have the *LIN/*CTL/*DEV configured, with a modem connected to COMN2. I am trying to dial in to this from my laptop using a standard dial up connection (Windows XP) the laptop has client access loaded. The AS400 modem receives the call, but then I get the following messages. AS400 The exchange identifier (XID) is *NOID PC error the is 619 It would seem that I need a different form of dial up! First - upgrade to a supported release of OS/400 (i.e. at least v5r1). Second - is this leading to a Lotus Notes/Domino question? If n...

Connecting with AS400 systemname??
Hello. All my clients(PCs) are with CA connected to AS400. In CA configuration are for systemname the IP address of the AS400. If i put the Systemname SXXXXXX i have a error "Cannot find the system........" I have many AS400, so i dont wont to search always, if i install CA in a PC what are the IP address. I wont do use AS400 Names LIKE PROCUTION, FACTORING,SERVICE etc. .. Its this possible?? And how?? thanks. marsias racontait dans comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc: > Hello. Hello > > All my clients(PCs) are with CA connected to AS400. > > In CA configuration are for systemname the IP address of the > AS400. > > If i put the Systemname SXXXXXX i have a error "Cannot find the > system........" > It means that the IP stack of the PC cannot resolve the IP address of the SXXXXXX name. > I have many AS400, so i dont wont to search always, if i install > CA in a PC what are the IP address. > > I wont do use AS400 Names LIKE PROCUTION, FACTORING,SERVICE etc. > > . > > Its this possible?? And how?? > You have to update the hosts file of your PC or use a DNS for name resolution. > thanks. > > -- Cordialement/Best regards Marc Rauzier marsias wrote: > Hello. > > All my clients(PCs) are with CA connected to AS400. > > In CA configuration are for systemname the IP address of the AS400. > > If i put the Systemname SXXXXXX i have a error "Cann...

Connect to as400 through vpn
Hi all, This is sort of a strange thing, when I connect to our office through the vpn (road warrior) I cannot access our as400. I am using mocha, that doesn't work. I tried telneting directly to the as400 from a command prompt, that doesn't work. I can telnet from a command prompt to other computers in the office, that's fine. Just not the as400s. Anyone else have something like this? Is there some issue with telnet or mocha through a vpn? Thanks, Julien Hi, Julien Mills schrieb: > Hi all, > > This is sort of a strange thing, when I connect to our office > through the vpn (road warrior) I cannot access our as400. > I am using mocha, that doesn't work. I tried telneting directly > to the as400 from a command prompt, that doesn't work. I can > telnet from a command prompt to other computers in the office, > that's fine. Just not the as400s. > > Anyone else have something like this? > > Is there some issue with telnet or mocha through a vpn? > > Thanks, > Julien that sounds to me as if the default gateway on as400 is'nt setup correctly. We are using Mochasoft over vpn without any problems. Kind regards Michael On Sep 23, 11:24=A0am, Michael Paris <michael.pa...@pv-koeln.de> wrote: > Hi, > > Julien Mills schrieb: > > > Hi all, > > > This is sort of a strange thing, when I connect to our office > > through the vpn (road warrior) I cannot access our as4...

AS400 JDBC No rows returned
I am running a test program with JTOPen 4.3.1, and connect to the database fine. However, my program returns NO data. I know that there are rows in the table (file) I have looked at them on the iseries. But when I run the following Java program I get no results. This program returs rows for another table, so I know it works. SUN JVM 1.4.2 WIndows XP Service Pack 1 AS400 V5R2 Any help would be greatly appreciated public class JT400Test { // Format a string so that it has the specified width. private static String format (String s, int width) { String formattedString; // The string is shorter than specified width, // so we need to pad with blanks. if (s.length() < width) { StringBuffer buffer = new StringBuffer (s); for (int i = s.length(); i < width; ++i) buffer.append (" "); formattedString = buffer.toString(); } // Otherwise, we need to truncate the string. else formattedString = s.substring (0, width); return formattedString; } public static void main (String[] parameters) { // Check the input parameters. if (parameters.length != 3) { System.out.println(""); System.out.println("Usage:"); System.out.println(""); System.out.println(" JT400Test collectionName tableName"); System.o...

Web resources about - JDBC connect to as400 database - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Crate Raises $4M for New Container Database Technology
The founder of Docker Inc. invests in new technology that provides a very different and very distributed way to build a container database.