Keyboard map for IBM laptop to use Client Access

Is there a standard keyboard map file which can be used with the IBM laptop
I use occasionally to connect a green screen session to the iSeries?  The
keyboard mappings for the extended keyboard ("US Enhanced") do not work as
expected - for example, the End key does not take the cursor to the end of
the line of text even though I have mapped the End key to [End of Line].

Is a laptop keyboard mapping file available??

Sriram

0
sriram.na (13)
4/25/2006 3:54:21 AM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9118 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hi Sriram,

Customize your keyboad mapping for the End Key.
You will see an keyboard icon in your client access tool bar.
This will display the default IBM AS400 key mapping.
Select the End key, displayed in the Keyboad.

You will see the default Base functionality as [erase eof],
Now change this to [end field].

Save this keyboard mapping file and use this mapping file for future
sessions.

Srinivasan.Palani

You want to set the End key to [End of Line] - that works.
You might also want to set Ctrl-C to [Edit Copy], likewise Ctrl-V and
Ctrl-X to [Edit Paste] and [Edit Cut] so you can use the same shortcuts
as in Windows.

0
Poddys (55)
4/25/2006 12:32:54 PM
Ummm... the problem is, the key board physically in front of me (the laptop
keyboard layout) does not match the key layout shown on the screen.

I did carry out the key mapping to the 'End' key shown on the screen as you
have described below, but it does not affect the behaviour of the End key on
the laptop in any way.  (The End key does nothing on the laptop even after
the mapping).

So I guess I need to see a key-mapping screen with the keys laid out as seen
on the laptop.  This is not part of the default Client Access keymap files
(*.KMP) supplied...

Sriram

"sriuser1" <srinivasan.palani@wipro.com> wrote in message
> Hi Sriram,
>
> Customize your keyboad mapping for the End Key.
> You will see an keyboard icon in your client access tool bar.
> This will display the default IBM AS400 key mapping.
> Select the End key, displayed in the Keyboad.
>
> You will see the default Base functionality as [erase eof],
> Now change this to [end field].
>
> Save this keyboard mapping file and use this mapping file for future
> sessions.
>
> Srinivasan.Palani

0
sriram.na (13)
4/26/2006 9:04:38 AM
You have got the keyboard type in the device description mismatched to the
laptop. You might try checking that the PC keyboard is defined correctly (to
Windows) then delete the device description on the AS/400 and letting it
recreate automatically...

GB

"Sriram N A" <Sriram.NA@in.bosch.com> wrote in message
> Ummm... the problem is, the key board physically in front of me (the
laptop
> keyboard layout) does not match the key layout shown on the screen.
>
> I did carry out the key mapping to the 'End' key shown on the screen as
you
> have described below, but it does not affect the behaviour of the End key
on
> the laptop in any way.  (The End key does nothing on the laptop even after
> the mapping).
>
> So I guess I need to see a key-mapping screen with the keys laid out as
seen
> on the laptop.  This is not part of the default Client Access keymap files
> (*.KMP) supplied...
>
> Sriram
>
> "sriuser1" <srinivasan.palani@wipro.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Sriram,
> >
> > Customize your keyboad mapping for the End Key.
> > You will see an keyboard icon in your client access tool bar.
> > This will display the default IBM AS400 key mapping.
> > Select the End key, displayed in the Keyboad.
> >
> > You will see the default Base functionality as [erase eof],
> > Now change this to [end field].
> >
> > Save this keyboard mapping file and use this mapping file for future
> > sessions.
> >
> > Srinivasan.Palani

I lost you there - device description on the AS/400?  The PC key map is
stored on the local PC and installed with the Client Access PC software.  It
is not loaded from the AS/400...

Sriram

"gb" <graham.beardsley@virgin.net> wrote in message
> You have got the keyboard type in the device description mismatched to the
> laptop. You might try checking that the PC keyboard is defined correctly
> Windows) then delete the device description on the AS/400 and letting it
> recreate automatically...

0
sriram.na (13)
4/29/2006 1:01:38 PM
On the AS/400, there is a device description that the PC connects to. That
device has a keyboard type - it performs a similar function to a PC keyboard
map. If the keyboard type assocaited with the device description doesn't
match the PC keyboadr map you get funny characters appearing. OK?

> I lost you there - device description on the AS/400?  The PC key map is
> stored on the local PC and installed with the Client Access PC software.
It
> is not loaded from the AS/400...
>
> Sriram
>
> "gb" <graham.beardsley@virgin.net> wrote in message
> > You have got the keyboard type in the device description mismatched to
the
> > laptop. You might try checking that the PC keyboard is defined correctly
> > Windows) then delete the device description on the AS/400 and letting it
> > recreate automatically...

IBM Thinkpad preinstalled OS
I wish to change my laptop HDD to higher capacity HDD. But there's one problem, the HDD in IBM, there's a hidden partition which is used to install the OS. All the OS installation files and recovery tools is in there. Is there anyway for me to do it on my own to put in the new higher capacity HDD and move the hidden partition content over? Or I can only send my laptop to IBM laptop shop to change and service it? Peter CCH petercch.wodoy@gmail.com wrote: > I wish to change my laptop HDD to higher capacity HDD. > > But there's one problem, the HDD in IBM, there'...

Using X comand to run GUI program
Is there any way to run GUI program automatically in SAS using X command? I have tried for a long time, but it never worked. Thank you On Wed Jun 27 05:17:58 EDT 2007, Martin <EdkIlhKpnBbr@SPAMMOTEL.COM> wrote: > Shouldn't it be technically easy to run SAS on mainframe with > FSDEVICE=X11, connecting to exceed on the PC? > > This way one would have the complete graphical GUI while using > mainframe sas. > > JMS > > _________________________ Youhua Wei Ph.D Student Research and Evaluation Methodology Department of Educational Psychology University of...

accessing a fortran module from c
I have the following sample module where I need to access the 'mighty' structure from c: MODULE testm TYPE mytype INTEGER :: sz INTEGER, POINTER :: j(:) INTEGER, POINTER :: k(:) END TYPE mytype TYPE(mytype), SAVE :: mighty CONTAINS SUBROUTINE init() mighty%sz = 3 ALLOCATE(mighty%j(mighty%sz)) mighty%j = (/ 1,2,3 /) ALLOCATE(mighty%k(mighty%sz)) mighty%k = (/ 4,5,6 /) END SUBROUTINE INIT END MODULE testm I am using intel fortran and MSVC. The intel fortran documentation gave some indication of how to access fortran m...

Keyboard that works for both SPARC and PC?
I want to try a keyboard (not an adapter for either a SPARC or PC keyboard). I am willing to give up some of the SUN function keys. Can anyone recommend such a keyboard? Thanks, Don ############################################################### Donald F. Parsons MB.BS, Ph.D, Research Physician,Wadsworth Ctr NY State Dept of Health, ESP Box 509, Albany NY 12201-0509 dfp10@telemed.wadsworth.org (518)474-7047 D Parsons <dfp10@csc.albany.edu> writes: > I want to try a keyboard (not an adapter for either a SPARC or PC > keyboard). > I am willing to give up some of the SUN functi...

client/server connectivity between Oracle versions
Are there any restrictions or rules which server versions can work with what client versions of Oracle? Can a 8.0.5 client connect to a 9i server? Can a 9.2 client connect to a 8.0.5 server? -- Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies (at) rwth-aachen.de 1. Maybe but not recommended 2. Yes On 11 Nov 2003 15:54:08 GMT, Christoph Kukulies <kuku@accms33.physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote: >Are there any restrictions or rules which server versions can work with what >client versions of Oracle? > >Can a 8.0.5 client connect to a 9i server? >Can a 9.2 client connect to a 8.0.5 s...

Keyboards
On the subject of keyboards (we were talking about them a few weeks ago, but the thread has expired from my newsreader so I thought I'd start a new one), I saw a Fujitsu-Siemens one the other day that was a very similar design to the Speccy+ keyboard. -- +-------------------------------------------+ | Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is" | | http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk | | Your Sinclair: A Celebration | +- http://www.yoursinclair.co.uk -----------+ DISCLAIMER: I may be making all this stuff up again. "Chris Young" <chris.usenet@mai...

Re: using macro variable
data temp; set total; new_var="&segment"; run; Gerhard On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:57:25 +0530, Mohit Bhatia <mohit.b.bhatia@AEXP.COM> wrote: >hi , > >I want to do this . > >%let segment=low; > >data temp; >set total; >( now here i want to create a variable inside the dataset temp which takes >the value of the macro variable segment) > >How to do this? > > >American Express made the following annotations on Thu Jan 03 2008 03:24:30 >-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- >"T...

IBM z/OS Version 1 Release 4 CD Collection
Don't know what it is, but never saw one on ebay before. http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-z-OS-Version-1-Release-4-CD-Collection_W0QQitemZ8710673239QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem "Dan O" <deo901@excite.com> wrote in message news:1129614976.376375.253830@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Don't know what it is, but never saw one on eBay before. > > http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-z-OS-Version-1-Release-4-CD-Collection_W0QQitemZ8710673239QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem N.B.: this is a documentation collection (i.e. a BookManager Bookshelf and Boo...

49G+ keyboard repair
My 49G+ has recently had two key hinges break and the darned things are now just floating around in there. I know this was a common problem (serial no is CNA419...). It is no longer under warranty so chances of getting HP to fix it are slim to none. Has anyone done this sort of repair themselves? I've looked all over the web and haven't found anything about how to do it. Kataji kenai! F fugu wrote: > My 49G+ has recently had two key hinges break and the darned things are > now just floating around in there. I know this was a common problem > (serial no is CNA419...). ...

java nio, memory mapping limits
I'm writing a prototype of a database management system (I know plenty exist, I'm writing one anyway :) ), so I've decided to use NIO (jdk 1.5). I have two questions regarding memory mapping a file: 1. Is there anything wrong with mmaping a HUGE file (the complete limit allowed in 32 or 64 bit systems)? For 32 bit systems, I'll just break up my table among several files and map all of those. 2. Is there a limit to how many files I can have mapped at once (what if I have 500 tables, all of which have a file channel pointing to them)...I seem to recall that there was a OS imp...

Installing linux on 133 Mhz laptop over network
Hello all, The CDrom died on my old thinkpad 760ED with 80 MB and 2G hard disk. Just when I had decided to ditch win98 and install linux on it. My question are: What distribution would be suitable for this hardware (i can use a lighter window manager than gnome or kdb) How can I install from the network. I have access to the internet and I have another linux machine that could be used as a server. Any pointers apreciated. Jean-Claude jcpmont@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello all, > The CDrom died on my old thinkpad 760ED with 80 MB and 2G hard disk. > Just when I had decid...

Using BSD print filters for CUPS
This is just a tip for those who are starting to use CUPS and are moving away from BSD printing. After spending a couple of hours googling, I couldn't find a quick answer. So I spent another two hours reading up on CUPS documentation. Now posting it for future googling reference. It works for me, so hope it works for others too. To use a BSD style print filter for CUPS, use the -i switch. BSD: hplj:\ :sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj:\ :lp=/dev/lp0:\ :if=/foo.pl CUPS: lpadmin -p hplj -E -v parallel:/dev/lp0 -i /foo.pl -m raw -- RT ...

File extensions used in qtp
Hello, Does anyone know what the following file extensions in QTP are used for and if they are acronyms what do they represent? 1) .cfg 2) .usp 3) .lck 4) .mtr 5) .usr 6) .tsp Thanks, Keswick Hi, Please check this up: http://www.geekinterview.com/question_details/15427 On Nov 26, 8:14 am, "keswick" <kwk...@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone know what the following file extensions in QTP are used for and > if they are acronyms what do they represent? > > 1) .cfg > 2) .usp > 3) .lck > 4) .mtr > 5) .usr > 6) .tsp > > Th...

Soundcard for use with Midi controller keyboard
I've recently bought a midi controller keyboard (Studiologic SL990) with the intention of using it through my computer. Currently though my computer only has onboard soundcard ("Sounblaster compatible" is about all the information I could find about it!) and I'm guessing this is the cause of my problems??.... When playing a single note everything seems ok, no noticeable latency or anything. But when I start playing properly it gets a bit confused: notes stay on after the key has been released, or don't play when its pressed, crackling sounds etc.. And its generally not ...

recover "currently used" sshd_config file from running sshd process
Hi My sshd_config file has been hosed. I know if I send sshd a SIGHUP it will re-read it. But first I need to re-create the config file. Sadly the backup that would have included the "valid" sshd_config has expired. The system has been up some considerable time .... Is there a(ny) way? Thanks GH On 2015-06-22, raintown.us@gmail.com <raintown.us@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > My sshd_config file has been hosed. So? Just put in another one. > > I know if I send sshd a SIGHUP it will re-read it. But first I need to re-create the config fi...

keyboards and keyboard switching
Hi. Using a Macintosh, it's easy to enable a Hebrew QWERTY keyboard and to switch back and forth between the standard U.S. keyboard and the Hebrew QWERTY keyboard. How would one do this on a Linux box running Gnome? Thanks. -- Art Werschulz (8-{)} "Metaphors be with you." -- bumper sticker GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l++ u+ P++ e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t+ r- Net: agw@dsm.fordham.edu http://www.dsm.fordham.edu/~agw Phone: Fordham U. (212) 636-6325, Columbia U. (212) 939-7060 On 2009-04-30, Art Werschulz <agw@dsm.fordham.edu> wrote: > Hi. > ...

Using functions with parameters
Suppose one has a procedure P which takes a function or functions and produces a number or numbers. The numbers produced are NOT integrals. Now suppose one has a function with a parameter (I know that Maple does not have this, but does it as a function of two arguments) and I want to produce a graph of the values of P on the function as a function of the parameter. How to do this without rewriting everything? -- This address is for information only. I do not claim that these views are those of the Statistics Department or of Purdue University. Herman Rubin, Department of Sta...

Need Recovery CD for Laptop 5270
Does anyone know where a Recovery CD for the Pavilion N5270 laptop -- Windows ME -- can be purchased without paying ransom to HP for it? Thanks ...

vpn client licensing
hello! i am having a few questions on the cisco vpn client concerning licensing. - do i have to buy a client or is it free and the concentrators pay the license? - where can i download a client when living outside the us? i appreciate any answer and thank you in advance! kind regards, rh In article <bqho2q$s0n$06$1@news.t-online.com>, Ren´┐Ż Heimes <rene.heimes@web.de> wrote: :i am having a few questions on the cisco vpn client concerning licensing. :- do i have to buy a client or is it free and the concentrators pay the :license? The client is free, but the license terms only...

plpgsql functing does not use index....
Hi Postgres people! yes, I googled a lot for an answer to this question and found out that it was asked several times, but I could not find a sufficient answer. So here goes my problem: I am evaluating PostgreSQL at the moment. I got a table with about 4,500,000 rows - something I allways use for testing. This is my table: public adressen id -5 int8 8 public adressen name 12 varchar 255 public adressen strasse 12 varchar 255 public adressen ort 12 varchar 255 public adressen telefon 12 varchar 255 It has an index on name: public adressen_ixname name 12 varchar...

IBM 8514 Monitor
Anyone have one they want to sell or part with? Was looking on ebay and didn't see anything. Anywhere in NYC where they sell them? Thanks. EZoto Here is an 8512: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/sys/4168572074.html ...

How to access an array inside array.
Hello My question is I have an array of <4516x1> . This array consists of nested arrays as <13x1><12x1>.....<14x1> , for example lets take the first array <13x1> . If I access this it will lead to another set of arrays <1x1><1x1>...<1x1> and when accessing this, it contains some measured data. I can actually access this via the workspace window. But how do I access this via the command window. your answers are highly appreciated. Roy <theredhat@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello > > My question is I have an array of <4...

Uses of the SAS-L archives.....
In a recent post, David Cassell suggested (sagaciously, as usual) that a poster couild search the archives (in this case, for postings about NLMIXED by Dale) I was wondering...... There's a LOT of great info in them there archives. What would be involved (legally and otherwise) in putting it into some more usable format......? If these could be overcome, wouldn't it make for some great books by users? At a minimum, of course, you'd have to get permission of the person posting the messages.....but would more be required? If you wanted to post someone's answer, would you h...

I have listed a Sager 8887 laptop computer on ebay which ends today.
Item Number: 3472284221 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=177&item=3472284221 Hurry up! Sale ends today at 3:25 PDT Item Description Qty Unit Price Price ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 70 Sager 8887-X Notebook/8887-X 1 $2803.99 $2803.99 755 Display: 16.1" UXGA LCD 724 Custom Color: Standard Black 756 Processor: 3.06GHZ P4 533 FSB 757 Video: Radeon 9000 128MB DDR 476 RAM: 1024MB (2 DIMMs) Hard Drive: 30GB 4200RPM (I'm keeping the 60 for my new unit) 372 2nd Hard Drive: No 683 Media Drive: 8X DVD/24X10X24 CDR...

Changing keyboard speed
Because I have cerebral palsy, I work in DOS almost exclusively. It is a tremendous help to me to be able to set the keyboard's speed (i.e. key REPEAT RATE and DELAY UNTIL REPEAT) to specific values. The only way I know how to do this in DOS is to get into the computer's "Set-Up Program" during boot-up. Unfortunately, some "Set-Up Programs" lack provisions to change these parameters. Thus, I was wondering if it is possible to change these two keyboard parameters by writing a Basic program for this purpose? Is it just a matter of POKING the proper values...