Keyboard map for IBM laptop to use Client Access

Is there a standard keyboard map file which can be used with the IBM laptop
I use occasionally to connect a green screen session to the iSeries?  The
keyboard mappings for the extended keyboard ("US Enhanced") do not work as
expected - for example, the End key does not take the cursor to the end of
the line of text even though I have mapped the End key to [End of Line].

Is a laptop keyboard mapping file available??

Sriram

0
sriram.na (13)
4/25/2006 3:54:21 AM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9173 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Hi Sriram,

Customize your keyboad mapping for the End Key.
You will see an keyboard icon in your client access tool bar.
This will display the default IBM AS400 key mapping.
Select the End key, displayed in the Keyboad.

You will see the default Base functionality as [erase eof],
Now change this to [end field].

Save this keyboard mapping file and use this mapping file for future
sessions.

Srinivasan.Palani

You want to set the End key to [End of Line] - that works.
You might also want to set Ctrl-C to [Edit Copy], likewise Ctrl-V and
Ctrl-X to [Edit Paste] and [Edit Cut] so you can use the same shortcuts
as in Windows.

0
Poddys (55)
4/25/2006 12:32:54 PM
Ummm... the problem is, the key board physically in front of me (the laptop
keyboard layout) does not match the key layout shown on the screen.

I did carry out the key mapping to the 'End' key shown on the screen as you
have described below, but it does not affect the behaviour of the End key on
the laptop in any way.  (The End key does nothing on the laptop even after
the mapping).

So I guess I need to see a key-mapping screen with the keys laid out as seen
on the laptop.  This is not part of the default Client Access keymap files
(*.KMP) supplied...

Sriram

"sriuser1" <srinivasan.palani@wipro.com> wrote in message
> Hi Sriram,
>
> Customize your keyboad mapping for the End Key.
> You will see an keyboard icon in your client access tool bar.
> This will display the default IBM AS400 key mapping.
> Select the End key, displayed in the Keyboad.
>
> You will see the default Base functionality as [erase eof],
> Now change this to [end field].
>
> Save this keyboard mapping file and use this mapping file for future
> sessions.
>
> Srinivasan.Palani

0
sriram.na (13)
4/26/2006 9:04:38 AM
You have got the keyboard type in the device description mismatched to the
laptop. You might try checking that the PC keyboard is defined correctly (to
Windows) then delete the device description on the AS/400 and letting it
recreate automatically...

GB

"Sriram N A" <Sriram.NA@in.bosch.com> wrote in message
> Ummm... the problem is, the key board physically in front of me (the
laptop
> keyboard layout) does not match the key layout shown on the screen.
>
> I did carry out the key mapping to the 'End' key shown on the screen as
you
> have described below, but it does not affect the behaviour of the End key
on
> the laptop in any way.  (The End key does nothing on the laptop even after
> the mapping).
>
> So I guess I need to see a key-mapping screen with the keys laid out as
seen
> on the laptop.  This is not part of the default Client Access keymap files
> (*.KMP) supplied...
>
> Sriram
>
> "sriuser1" <srinivasan.palani@wipro.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Sriram,
> >
> > Customize your keyboad mapping for the End Key.
> > You will see an keyboard icon in your client access tool bar.
> > This will display the default IBM AS400 key mapping.
> > Select the End key, displayed in the Keyboad.
> >
> > You will see the default Base functionality as [erase eof],
> > Now change this to [end field].
> >
> > Save this keyboard mapping file and use this mapping file for future
> > sessions.
> >
> > Srinivasan.Palani

I lost you there - device description on the AS/400?  The PC key map is
stored on the local PC and installed with the Client Access PC software.  It
is not loaded from the AS/400...

Sriram

"gb" <graham.beardsley@virgin.net> wrote in message
> You have got the keyboard type in the device description mismatched to the
> laptop. You might try checking that the PC keyboard is defined correctly
> Windows) then delete the device description on the AS/400 and letting it
> recreate automatically...

0
sriram.na (13)
4/29/2006 1:01:38 PM
On the AS/400, there is a device description that the PC connects to. That
device has a keyboard type - it performs a similar function to a PC keyboard
map. If the keyboard type assocaited with the device description doesn't
match the PC keyboadr map you get funny characters appearing. OK?

> I lost you there - device description on the AS/400?  The PC key map is
> stored on the local PC and installed with the Client Access PC software.
It
> is not loaded from the AS/400...
>
> Sriram
>
> "gb" <graham.beardsley@virgin.net> wrote in message
> > You have got the keyboard type in the device description mismatched to
the
> > laptop. You might try checking that the PC keyboard is defined correctly
> > Windows) then delete the device description on the AS/400 and letting it
> > recreate automatically...

Ibm laptop keyboard problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C58953.BF4099E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On my IBM laptop 600e keyboard I have under the letter U a number 4, = under I there is a 5 and so on thru the letters o,p,j,k,l, and m. How = can I turn these off and just have the normal letters type? Thanks for = any and all help. Steve ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C58953.BF4099E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1505" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT face=3DArial = size=3D2> <DIV><BR>On my IBM laptop 600e keyboard I have under the letter U a = number 4,=20 under I there is a 5 and so&nbsp;on thru the letters o,p,j,k,l, and m. = How can I=20 turn these off and just have the normal letters type? Thanks for any and = all=20 help.</DIV> <DIV>Steve</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML> ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C58953.BF4099E0-- "sshay" <sshay@twmi.rr.com> wrote in m...

Non-IBM alternative to "IBM Access Connections" ?
I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic for use on any laptop with Windows XP. Does such an animal exist? -Rob XP should already be able to do this automatically. Go to the Network Connections folder. Select 'Advanced' from the menu bar, 'Advanced Settings'. The 'Adaptors and Bindings tab will show a connections window with the priority for the connections. The higher in the list, the higher the priority. I have my wired connections up top and my wireless connection below. Hopefully this is what you are looking for. Simon "Rob" <xxy@xxz.com> wrote in message news:jrvjv1h9246e9igb1rukdb30pll8fmec50@4ax.com... > I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) > that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless > connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I > know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it > for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic > for use on any laptop with Windows XP. > > Does such an animal exist? > > -Rob > I'm not sure if that stops your wir...

Client Access keyboard Mapping Issue
I am trying to map a keyboard for a user that needs the enter key on the numeric key pad to be the actual enter key and not the field exit key. If the num luck key is not in use the keyboard mapping works, but if the user turns on the num lock to use the numeric key pad the enter key is not working as an enter key. Any suggestions on correcting this issue for the user. Thanks Just map the "Shift" - <numeric keypad enter> to <enter> as well, just like you already did for the base. -- Bob Comer On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 06:39:17 -0700 (PDT), bneal69 <bneal69@gmail.com> wrote: >I am trying to map a keyboard for a user that needs the enter key on >the numeric key pad to be the actual enter key and not the field exit >key. If the num luck key is not in use the keyboard mapping works, >but if the user turns on the num lock to use the numeric key pad the >enter key is not working as an enter key. Any suggestions on >correcting this issue for the user. > >Thanks ...

IBM Rapid Access Pro Keyboard
Just wondering if anyone out there has the specialized keys working and, if so, what the procedure is. -- Mike Gratis Mike Gratis wrote: > Just wondering if anyone out there has the specialized keys working and, > if so, what the procedure is. > > I've got a Logitech Itouch working swell under KDE without any special X configuration. It should work for your keyboard as well. Just enable the keyboard layout in KDE for one of the IBM Rapid Access keyboards. (Control Center/Regional & Accessibility/Keyboard Layout) There you can define what the keys would do in the general kde environment. Then, go through the K menu editor and define keyboard shortcuts for the applications. cya Eric Eric Williams wrote: > Mike Gratis wrote: > >> Just wondering if anyone out there has the specialized keys working and, >> if so, what the procedure is. >> >> > > I've got a Logitech Itouch working swell under KDE without any special X > configuration. It should work for your keyboard as well. > > Just enable the keyboard layout in KDE for one of the IBM Rapid Access > keyboards. > (Control Center/Regional & Accessibility/Keyboard Layout) > There you can define what the keys would do in the general kde > environment. Then, go through the K menu editor and define keyboard > shortcuts for the applications. Okay, I've given the Rapid Access designation a try (...the other optio...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Accessing the Speaker of an IBM Model M keyboard
Hi! I found an old IBM Model M keyboard in the dumpster of my university. The keyboard works fine, every key still has its legendary click... This Keyboard has a speaker, and I'd like to access it. I wrote this tiny x86 Assembler program some time ago, to set the LEDs on it: section .text global _start _start: mov al, 0EDh ; command to set LEDs to keyboard out 60h, al ; write command mov al, 111b ; set flags out 60h, al ; write flags mov al,1 ; system call number (sys_exit) int 0x80 ; call kernel I don't know much about I/O-Registers, obviously 60h is for the keybo...

IBM iSeries Client Access OLE DB problems
I am working on a project where I need to connect some Windows 2000 (SP3) servers to an IBM AS/400 database. I'm using IBM's Client Access OLE DB driver (V5R2 with SI08894 patch installed) on each server. The first serve is dual-processor, running SQL Server 2000 (SP3), and I have a DTS package that is intended to copy data from the AS/400 to some SQL Server tables. Problems: 1. When setting up the connection in the DTS package, saving the AS/400 connection password with the package is problematic. The Blank Password checkbox in the connection properties won't stay unchecked, and if I type in a password, sometimes when I close the connection properties it is saved and sometimes it is not. Of course, if it is not, then the DTS package fails when it is scheduled to run automatically. 2. When I do get a DTS package to execute, it seems that IBM's OLE driver only allows a single connection to the AS/400. I say this because only one data transformation task will run at a time. Using a previous AS/400 OLE driver, I would see at least two data transfformation tasks operating in parallel. I have installed the registry key that IBM says is needed to enable connection pooling in V5R2, but don't know of any tools that let me see what is really going on with OLE connections. Is there some magic registry entry (or file to edit) that sets the maximum number of connections? I know this is supposed to be automatic, but it appears that only one connection is being open...

Microsoft uses IBM AS400's for development.
Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work space. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on > a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that > it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be > rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse > the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most > people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work > space. MS developers are using Win 2k3 and Win 2k8 servers as development machines too and not PC(s), with VMware. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: Plonk "Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda" <fadlullah.jonnalagadda@gmail.com> wrote in message news:60deb8d3-5599-48d8-8667-6734e37a756b@31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. ...

web service clients using IBM websphere studio?
Hi, I'm trying to write a simple "helloworld" web service for both the server and client in IBM WebSphere Application Developer 5.1.2. I'm having particular trouble with developing clients that can be invoked in stand-alone applications. All the tutorials I've found on IBM's website use the WSAD-generated JSP pages to access the webservice; I want to write my own client applications. Can some one point me to some good information or tutorials? I've googled everywhere. Thank you for any help. ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

IBM Laptop
I have an IBM R32 laptop and I think it may have experienced a power surge. Anyway when I put the battery in all it does is continously click (no lights no nothing just a click. When I pull the battery out and try and use the power adapter I get nothing. My question is threefold. 1) Any ideas what that click/spinning could be? 2) If I did experience a powersurge what part(s) would I most likely need to replace? 3) If I replace the system board would the fix the problem and are there any tests that I would be able to run to see what the problem might be? Electrical tests or any other tests. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Ryan ...

IBM AS400

Client access Keyboard mapping / cut & paste problem
Using IBM Personal communications 5250 emulator version 5.5, on XP Pro, 4 mth old Dell. I have mapped ctrl-c and ctrl-v to cut and paste respectively. Occasionally, I do a lot of cut-paste operations between the 5250 session and excel. This works OK for a while. But, after 10 minutes or so of cutting pasting between excel/5250, suddenly the system emits an error beep when I mark the text and try to use CTRL-C to copy. And, i cannot copy / paste until I close the emulator, and restart. This is very annoying...anyone know how to fix this one? By the way, the same problem occurs on my desktop, and my laptop so I think this could be related to the 5250 software. ...

Using AIX 4.3 as a terminal for accessing IBM 7043
Hello, I would appreciate help on a problem if someone has the time. I am trying to use my IBM 7043-150 running AIX 4.3.3 as a terminal to access my IBM 7011-25E running AIX 3.2.55. I have them connected via a laplink cable from S1 to S1. I configured the 7043 serial port using "smit tty" and set it as follows using the default configuration: tty - tty0 tty type - tty tty interface - rs232 description - asynch terminal status - available location - 01-S1-00-00 Parent adapter - sa0 Port number - 0 login - disable baud - 9600 parity - none bits - 8 stop bits - 1 time - 0 terminal type - vt320 I chose vt320 because I've been using TeraTerm on a Vista laptop to connect to the 7011 and wanted to have the control of known results. I'm interested in using the 7043 because I have a question about whether the USB<->serial port converter I'm using might be causing an issue where the system hangs after a certain point on boot. The problem is that when I run "getty /dev/tty0" I get nothing. I have done all of the above as I thought that was the best way to get a terminal going on my stock 4.3.3 install. If I am wrong, please set me straight. Thank you for your help, Rudy Fink R. Fink wrote: > Hello, > > I would appreciate help on a problem if someone has the time. > > I am trying to use my IBM 7043-150 running AIX 4.3.3 as a terminal to > access my IBM 7011-25E running AIX ...

REQ: Hardware adapter info: Use C64 Keyboard on IBM
I've got a dead C64 that I wanted to adapt over to a mini-itx IBM mobo and use VICE on it. I'd like to use the original C64 keyboard with the new PC; however that would require a custom hardware adapter. One person on mini-itx.com adapted an old SX-64 in this manner and uses the original keyboard. He supposedly developed just such an adapter, and promised to make the hardware details available. Like so many other "orphaned" Internet projects, he appears to have lost interest and no longer shows that info on his web pages. Won't answer email inquiries, either. Has an...

I found a good site of IBM thinkpad batteries.Just look it, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk
Hi,everyone, I bought a battery of ibm thindpad r31 from a online store, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk .It is a preffesional online store for ibm thinkpad.All of the batteries not only have cheap price and excellent quality,but also have 1 year warranty and quickly deliver.f you are looking for replacement IBM laptop batteries,such as IBM laptop battery thinkpad 600,IBM thinkpad 600e,IBM R31,IBM R32,IBM T20,IBM T22,IBM T23,IBM R40 and so on,please go there,they are your resonable choice. Best regards, Roy ...

Constant com.ibm.as400.access.jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(JobList.SELECTION_JOB_QUEUE
I am using the following code to try and return a list of jobs that sre running in QBATCH5 --- QSYSObjectPathName path = new QSYSObjectPathName("QGPL","QBATCH1","JOBQ"); jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(JobList.SELECTION_PRIMARY_JOB_STATUS_ACTIVE, Boolean.TRUE); jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(JobList.SELECTION_PRIMARY_JOB_STATUS_OUTQ , Boolean.FALSE); jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(JobList.SELECTION_JOB_QUEUE, path.getPath()); For some reason it brings back a list of my Active jobs that show up in WRKACTJOB... Shouldn't jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(Jo...

com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnectionHandle.getMetaData(AS400JDBCConnectionHandle.java:330)
Hi, I am running a web app on WAS 5.0 on Linux connecting to iSeries V5R2 for DB2 access using the tool box driver. Most of the time this works fine but occasionally I get the stuff listed below. When this happens the app just crashes out. Its weird because this happens on pages that where running fine 5 minutes ago. It appears like my connections are going stale but my app thinks they are fine. There is no firewall between the two boxes so I cant blame it on the firewall killing the connection. Has anyone seen this before or am I totally off on the wrong track. Any help would be most appreciated. BTW It does not seem to happen when running on WAS 5.0 on the iseries but then its on the same machine and the drivers local. Mutley. [03.08.21 14:14:10:162 BST] 6bcc1e57 WebGroup X Servlet Error: : java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnectionHandle.getMetaData(AS400JDBCConnecti onHandle.java:330) at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectO.getMetaData(ConnectO.java:2121) at com.ibm.ejs.cm.proxy.ConnectionProxy.getMetaData(ConnectionProxy.java:572) at com.ibm.db.db.base.DatabaseConnection.getConnectionMetaData(DatabaseConnecti on.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.db.db.base.DatabaseConnection.disconnect(DatabaseConnection.java) at com.ibm.db.db.DatabaseConnection.disconnect(DatabaseConnection.java) at com.ibm.db.beans.DBSelect.close(DBSelect.java) at com.ibm.db.beans.DBSelect.close(DBSelect.java) at com.kdpsoftware.landmark.LogIn.LogInQuery.close(LogInQ...

declare global temporary table with com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
Hello. V5R2 I try to create global temporary table in my Windows java application: ((java.sql.Connection) conn).createStatement().execute("declare global temportary table test (c1 integer)"); With COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver it works, but with com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver I get such SQLException: --start-- java.sql.SQLException: [PWS9801] Function rejected by user exit program IMBEPSQL in QUSRSYS. Cause . . . . . : User exit program IMBEPSQL in library QUSRSYS called for the function and returned an indication that the function should not be done. Recovery . . . : Determine why the user exit program rejected the function, correct the problem, and run the function again. --end--- ((SQLException) ex).getErrorCode() = -101 ((SQLException) ex).getSQLState() = "HY001" Is it possible to declare tables with this driver? Sincerely, Mark B ...

Access Connections is being used by another user
Hello -- This message began appearing a few days ago when I change users. Can anyone tell me 1 - the exe for Access Connections so I can disable it or 2 - how to fix this problem. Normally, I have no need to "change users"; another problem I have to solve is that the machine boots up as Administrator, instead of booting up as me as a separate user name. I thought my use of control userpasswords2 to set the machine to boot up to my user name. Thanks in advance for any help. Larry Mehl On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:51:45 -0700, "Larry Mehl" <mehl@dslextreme.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me > 1 - the exe for Access Connections so I can disable it Look for these: Main Service Module AcSvc.exe Status Icon ACTray.exe Wireless Status Icon ACWLIcon.exe Service GUI Helper SvcGuiHlpr.exe > Normally, I have no need to "change users"; another problem I have to solve > is that the machine boots up as Administrator, instead of booting up as me > as a separate user name. I thought my use of > control userpasswords2 > to set the machine to boot up to my user name. Google for "XP PowerToys" and in particular for TweakUiPowerToySetup.exe as the simplest configurator of XP autologon. Tony Thanks Tony. Larry "Larry Mehl" <mehl@dslextreme.com> wrote in message news:12ghkeiq4e6ju1d@corp.supernews.com... > Hello -- > > This message began appearing a few days ago when I change users. > ...

How do I get rid of the folder "\My Documents\IBM\Client Access"?
Client Access seems to create the folder "\My Documents\IBM\Client Access" automatically. If I move / delete the folder, it gets recreated following a Windows restart. If I change / delete the registry entry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IBM\Client Access Express\CurrentVersion\(Default)", the entry gets reset and the folder recreated following a Windows restart. I am running: IBM iSeries Access for Windows Version 5 Release 3 Modification level 0 Service level SI23492 Anyone know how to get rid of it for good? Even being able to move it to somewhere else would be good. Thanks. andyrobertsonuk@gmail.com wrote: > Client Access seems to create the folder "\My Documents\IBM\Client > Access" automatically. > > If I move / delete the folder, it gets recreated following a Windows > restart. > > If I change / delete the registry entry > "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IBM\Client Access > Express\CurrentVersion\(Default)", the entry gets reset and the folder > recreated following a Windows restart. > > I am running: > IBM iSeries Access for Windows > Version 5 > Release 3 > Modification level 0 > Service level SI23492 > > Anyone know how to get rid of it for good? > Even being able to move it to somewhere else would be good. > > Thanks. > Maybe I would try "Control Panel/iSeries Access for Windows" properties in the PC5250 tab, selecting...

IBM
It frightens me that IBM is pushing for more Linux. They have gone to the point of releasing some of their software patents to help spark the growth of Linux. I for one shudder at the fact that some day companies like IBM may make a power play for the control of Linux software development. It will not be in ownership rights, because of the GPL. However, if the corporations of the world start "needing" open source, they will try to control and steer its development by offering large "donations" to get what they are depending on. If open source developers accept these "gifts," they will become dependent on the corporations. If this hypothetical thought turns out to be true, would this spoil the free software notion of open source and make Linux as proprietary as any other commercial OS? In my hypothetical future of Linux and IBM, would we have IBM sponsered distributions of Linux, for instance? Would IBM be next to try to rule the world with their "IBM Linux" just as MS is trying to rule the desktop with Windows? Think about it. IBM has a lot of money to throw around. They could make "IBM Linux" way more popular than Red Hat with that kind of money. Maybe even make it as popular as Windows?? They'll hold the dough while Linux developers try to get in on a piece of the action. ** DISCALIMER ** This post is neither an attack on Linux, an attack on Windows, a Windows endorsement, nor a Linux endorsement. This po...

ibm
I'm Matthew Win Tibbals, pedophile. http://www.matthewtibbals.com ...

IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. http://www-306.ibm.com/)
Hi everyone, one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ ^^^^ |||| please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead quote it like this: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, to which an original HTTP request without such a "-###" has been routed automatically. Usually, the routing will be stable, i.e. a URL with "-###" will normally work. However, if that particular machine is down, then a URL with the "-###" may not work. But a URL without "-###" will still work, because the request will then be routed to a different machine. Therefore at best leave out that "-###" when quoting such URLs. Otherwise, if such a URL one day does not work, remember that you can take away the "-###" part and it then should work. This is a general note, not to pick on any individual e-mail contributor ... only this e-mail was a good example. Besides, there are many people within IBM who don't understand the concept behind this and therefore often just do cut&paste of such URLs into documents, presentations, etc. But since this is a technical audience, I thought it may well worth it to (try t...

Web resources about - Keyboard map for IBM laptop to use Client Access - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Pro Tools Keyboard Shortcuts
Every shortcut you ever wanted. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Keyboard Cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Keyboard Cat" footage consists of Charlie Schmidt's cat, Fatso, "playing" a keyboard. In reality, Schmidt is manipulating the cat under a baby's ...

Facebook Adds Keyboard Shortcuts To Messages Inbox
Facebook added a list of keyboard shortcuts to the inbox where users retrieve their messages . continued… New Career Opportunities Daily: The ...

Facebook rolls out messages update with new layout, photo sharing, emoticons, keyboard shortcuts and ...
... continues to roll out its redesigned messages product it announced in August , including a two-paned layout, improved photo uploads and keyboard ...

Apple announces Smart Keyboard for new 9.7-inch iPad Pro
... Apple today has also revealed new accessories for the device. As we expected, the company announced a new smaller version of the Smart Keyboard ...

Logitech Announces G610 Orion Brown And G610 Orion Red Mechanical Keyboards
Today Logitech unveiled two new mechanical keyboards under their G branding, with the G610 Orion Brown and G610 Orion Red. As I’m sure many of ...

Report: Google is developing a keyboard for iOS
... quick to receive the most current redesign of Google Plus, for example. Now it seems Google is going to add a variant of its Android Keyboard ...

Report: Google is building an iOS keyboard
The Google Keyboard for Android. A report from The Verge claims that Google is working on a third-party keyboard for iOS. The site says the ...

Logitech unveils G610 Orion Brown and Red Cherry MX mechanical gaming keyboards
If you don't have a quality mechanical keyboard for your gaming rig by now, you really are missing out. Hell, even if you do not play games, ...

Google’s upcoming keyboard app for iOS actually sounds exciting
Though it took a few years to get there, Apple with iOS 8 finally introduced support for third-party keyboards, thereby allowing iPhone and iPad ...