Keyboard map for IBM laptop to use Client Access

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is there a standard keyboard map file which can be used with the IBM laptop
I use occasionally to connect a green screen session to the iSeries?  The
keyboard mappings for the extended keyboard ("US Enhanced") do not work as
expected - for example, the End key does not take the cursor to the end of
the line of text even though I have mapped the End key to [End of Line].

Is a laptop keyboard mapping file available??

Sriram

0
Reply sriram.na (13) 4/25/2006 3:54:21 AM

See related articles to this posting

Hi Sriram,

Customize your keyboad mapping for the End Key.
You will see an keyboard icon in your client access tool bar.
This will display the default IBM AS400 key mapping.
Select the End key, displayed in the Keyboad.

You will see the default Base functionality as [erase eof],
Now change this to [end field].

Save this keyboard mapping file and use this mapping file for future
sessions.

Srinivasan.Palani

0
Reply srinivasan.palani (4) 4/25/2006 8:02:12 AM

You want to set the End key to [End of Line] - that works.
You might also want to set Ctrl-C to [Edit Copy], likewise Ctrl-V and
Ctrl-X to [Edit Paste] and [Edit Cut] so you can use the same shortcuts
as in Windows.

0
Reply Poddys (55) 4/25/2006 12:32:54 PM

Ummm... the problem is, the key board physically in front of me (the laptop
keyboard layout) does not match the key layout shown on the screen.

I did carry out the key mapping to the 'End' key shown on the screen as you
have described below, but it does not affect the behaviour of the End key on
the laptop in any way.  (The End key does nothing on the laptop even after
the mapping).

So I guess I need to see a key-mapping screen with the keys laid out as seen
on the laptop.  This is not part of the default Client Access keymap files
(*.KMP) supplied...

Sriram

"sriuser1" <srinivasan.palani@wipro.com> wrote in message
> Hi Sriram,
>
> Customize your keyboad mapping for the End Key.
> You will see an keyboard icon in your client access tool bar.
> This will display the default IBM AS400 key mapping.
> Select the End key, displayed in the Keyboad.
>
> You will see the default Base functionality as [erase eof],
> Now change this to [end field].
>
> Save this keyboard mapping file and use this mapping file for future
> sessions.
>
> Srinivasan.Palani

0
Reply sriram.na (13) 4/26/2006 9:04:38 AM

You have got the keyboard type in the device description mismatched to the
laptop. You might try checking that the PC keyboard is defined correctly (to
Windows) then delete the device description on the AS/400 and letting it
recreate automatically...

GB

"Sriram N A" <Sriram.NA@in.bosch.com> wrote in message
> Ummm... the problem is, the key board physically in front of me (the
laptop
> keyboard layout) does not match the key layout shown on the screen.
>
> I did carry out the key mapping to the 'End' key shown on the screen as
you
> have described below, but it does not affect the behaviour of the End key
on
> the laptop in any way.  (The End key does nothing on the laptop even after
> the mapping).
>
> So I guess I need to see a key-mapping screen with the keys laid out as
seen
> on the laptop.  This is not part of the default Client Access keymap files
> (*.KMP) supplied...
>
> Sriram
>
> "sriuser1" <srinivasan.palani@wipro.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Sriram,
> >
> > Customize your keyboad mapping for the End Key.
> > You will see an keyboard icon in your client access tool bar.
> > This will display the default IBM AS400 key mapping.
> > Select the End key, displayed in the Keyboad.
> >
> > You will see the default Base functionality as [erase eof],
> > Now change this to [end field].
> >
> > Save this keyboard mapping file and use this mapping file for future
> > sessions.
> >
> > Srinivasan.Palani

0
Reply graham.beardsley (51) 4/27/2006 7:57:07 PM

I lost you there - device description on the AS/400?  The PC key map is
stored on the local PC and installed with the Client Access PC software.  It
is not loaded from the AS/400...

Sriram

"gb" <graham.beardsley@virgin.net> wrote in message
> You have got the keyboard type in the device description mismatched to the
> laptop. You might try checking that the PC keyboard is defined correctly
> Windows) then delete the device description on the AS/400 and letting it
> recreate automatically...

0
Reply sriram.na (13) 4/29/2006 1:01:38 PM

On the AS/400, there is a device description that the PC connects to. That
device has a keyboard type - it performs a similar function to a PC keyboard
map. If the keyboard type assocaited with the device description doesn't
match the PC keyboadr map you get funny characters appearing. OK?

> I lost you there - device description on the AS/400?  The PC key map is
> stored on the local PC and installed with the Client Access PC software.
It
> is not loaded from the AS/400...
>
> Sriram
>
> "gb" <graham.beardsley@virgin.net> wrote in message
> > You have got the keyboard type in the device description mismatched to
the
> > laptop. You might try checking that the PC keyboard is defined correctly
> > Windows) then delete the device description on the AS/400 and letting it
> > recreate automatically...

0
Reply graham.beardsley (51) 6/22/2006 9:09:04 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 8992 articles. 9 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Client Access keyboard Mapping Issue
I am trying to map a keyboard for a user that needs the enter key on the numeric key pad to be the actual enter key and not the field exit key. If the num luck key is not in use the keyboard mapping works, but if the user turns on the num lock to use the numeric key pad the enter key is not working as an enter key. Any suggestions on correcting this issue for the user. Thanks Just map the "Shift" - <numeric keypad enter> to <enter> as well, just like you already did for the base. -- Bob Comer On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 06:39:17 -0700 (PDT), bneal69 <bneal69@gmail.com...

Client access Keyboard mapping / cut & paste problem
Using IBM Personal communications 5250 emulator version 5.5, on XP Pro, 4 mth old Dell. I have mapped ctrl-c and ctrl-v to cut and paste respectively. Occasionally, I do a lot of cut-paste operations between the 5250 session and excel. This works OK for a while. But, after 10 minutes or so of cutting pasting between excel/5250, suddenly the system emits an error beep when I mark the text and try to use CTRL-C to copy. And, i cannot copy / paste until I close the emulator, and restart. This is very annoying...anyone know how to fix this one? By the way, the same problem occurs on my desktop,...

using integrated bluetooth radio in IBM laptop with microsoft mouse/keyboard
I bought the microsoft bluetooth mouse/keyboard combination to use with my IBM thinkpad T30 with built-in bluetooth. The receiver can't find the devices, though. I found several newsgroup threads talking about the laptop not supporting HID protocol, whatever that means. There is a bluetooth radio firmware upgrade available on IBM's website, but the notes don't mention anything about supporting HID and on top of that it requires one to uninstall the windows XP service pack 1 first! Anyone know how to get this to work? thanks! Aart-Jan ...

slow access using access 2007 on client/server
Hello all, I had this e-mail today from a user, and would like to get some ideas to pass along. Many thanks, all! Andy " my program is very very slow when more than two people are using the program. The database is installed on a desktop, which is about two years old. I am connecting with a Using Acer note book Intel Pentium-M 760 Processor 2GHz plus 2GB. However, when the database is install on the note book it runs very fast. However, if it's installed on the desktop , then it's painfully slow. Also, I have to ask my collegue to close is program before I can ope...

OT: Terminal emulation keyboard mapping with the IBM 122 Key keyboard
SAS/L Mainframers: It looks like I am going to finally lose my SNA terminal and have to go to terminal emulation exclusively. We use 3270 Terminal software from Netmanage and one of the keyboard maps is for the IBM 122 Key keyboard which is identical to the one on my 3178 terminal. When I examine the map, it shows two rows of pf keys at the top of the board with pf13-24 at the very top. My ISPF session includes all 24 pf keys when I issue a keys command. However, pressing one of the pf13-24 group has no effect when I am in emulation mode. For example, I have pf23 set up to run a clist but not...

Using Access 2003 package wizard to package a database for a Access 2000 client
I developed an access database in access 2003(keeping my database in the access 2000 format). It has been fully tested to be access 2000 compatible and works great. I am trying to package the final version however and when I tell it to create a shortcut it includeds the path to access 2003 in the shortcut C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ my client is running access 2000. I could not figure any way to change the access application folder loction in the access setup. it is assuming that since I have access 2003 the user of the appliaction does too. is there any way to fix this a...

Zone Alarm Pro on server denying client access to 'Net from client laptop
If I shut down ZA on the desktop/server, all ICS works perfect! How can I get it to work from my laptop/client without turning off ZA Pro on the desktop/server? No firewalls are installed on the client, including no Zone Alarm. Excellent file sharing from host to client with ZA on. But no access from client to host with ZA on. If ZA is off, client/laptop has full access file sharing to desktop/server. What I've tried: In "Advanced" This computer is an ICS/NAT gateway is checked, and 192.168.0.1 is the shown local address 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 is in the "Trusted"...

Good used IBM laptops?
I want to get a laptop. In my many years of computing, I've never owned and seldom used a laptop. Main uses will be Internet/Web surfing, and coding projects using mainly the MS Visual C++ IDE. After doing some research, I've decided to get an IBM due to their history of reliability and good design. I am trying to decide on which model to get. I've been looking mainly at the 600x and the T- Series on eBay. Something in the $500 range is what I am aiming at, but this price is not set in stone. I am willing to spend even 2x that amount if needed. After reading reviews on the 6...

IBM rapid access keyboard
Hi everybody, I'm using this keyboard under mandrake 9.2. Of course, multimedia keyx don't run. I have have a special daemon to activate this keys. It's rakd (rapid access keyboard daemon). But the link I've found open a porno site. Someone knows where I can find this daemon ? thanx ...

Ibm laptop keyboard problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C58953.BF4099E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On my IBM laptop 600e keyboard I have under the letter U a number 4, = under I there is a 5 and so on thru the letters o,p,j,k,l, and m. How = can I turn these off and just have the normal letters type? Thanks for = any and all help. Steve ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C58953.BF4099E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML P...

IBM Rapid Access Keyboard
Anyone able to confirm that Rapid Access Keyboard II drivers also support the first Rapid Access Keyboard? What about OS/2 and PS/2 ....? FTP: mainly RAK II and III (USB) drivers Supersite: RAK drivers W95/98. IBM Rapid Access Keyboard Model No.: KB-7993 Rev: A01 P/N: 12J5575 Made in Thailand ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/options/rapidusr.pdf "The IBM Rapid Access Keyboard makes computing more convenient than ever by providing 14 buttons that you can use for quick access to your most commonly used tasks. The keyboard has seve...

Using Google Maps In MS Access
Have you ever wanted to add the great features inherent in Google Maps? Here is how you do it. ============== == STEP ONE == ============== Create a new MS Access form called frmGoogleMap. Size the form to your liking... On the blank form, go to the "Insert" menu and select "ActiveX Control..." When the selection screen appears, choose "Microsoft Web Browser". Once the control object has been placed on your form, resize the control object WITHOUT SAVING THE FORM. The reason for this? Once you save the form, if you want to resize after saving you have to delet...

IBM Rapid Access Pro Keyboard
Just wondering if anyone out there has the specialized keys working and, if so, what the procedure is. -- Mike Gratis Mike Gratis wrote: > Just wondering if anyone out there has the specialized keys working and, > if so, what the procedure is. > > I've got a Logitech Itouch working swell under KDE without any special X configuration. It should work for your keyboard as well. Just enable the keyboard layout in KDE for one of the IBM Rapid Access keyboards. (Control Center/Regional & Accessibility/Keyboard Layout) There you can define what the keys would do in the...

Clients using a GUI to access FTP
I know this topic has come up in the past and HP has said that IE is broken, but that answer is like the guy being pulled out of his crumpled car by the ambulance attendants saying "Sure I saw the transport truck coming at me with its brakes on fire; But I had the green light." So has there been any advancement on having the "HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V5.5" product produce a listing that IE would be happy with? I distribute files to my clients from my VMS box using FTP and one client complained that he could not use IE (clicking on ftp://username:...

Using an Access database with GPS mapping
Can anyone provide me with information on linking an Access database with GPS mapping software On 22 May 2007 15:02:28 -0700, koliver@kingston.net wrote: Check out Microsoft MapPoint. -Tom. >Can anyone provide me with information on linking an Access database >with GPS mapping software On May 24, 1:14 am, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7...@cox.net> wrote: > On 22 May 2007 15:02:28 -0700, koli...@kingston.net wrote: > > Check out Microsoft MapPoint. > -Tom. > > > > >Can anyone provide me with information on linking an Access database > >with GP...

How do you use a MSGQ from PC Client Access?
How do you send a message to a given message queue (MSGQ) from a PC program running Client Access or equivalent? Also, how do you read a MSGQ from a PC program? Thanks. Brian Urlacher wrote: > How do you send a message to a given message queue (MSGQ) from a PC > program running Client Access or equivalent? > > Also, how do you read a MSGQ from a PC program? > > Thanks. > Well, I read and learned from the IBM manual "Host Access Class Library", which is possibly still available somewhere on the web. If you have installed the CA programmer's toolki...

Using cellphone to access the internet on my laptop
What I have : 1. Cellphone : Bluetooth enabled Motorola V195 cellphone with internet access. 2. Linux laptop : Running Debian with bluetooth setup and working with the phone. What I want : 1. A way to access the internet on my laptop using my cellphone as a gateway. This would be very useful where there is no wireless signal. Please note : I am NOT looking to access some dialup ISP over GPRS. I want to use the relatively higher speed internet access available through my cellphone and use the cellphone as the gateway to the obile LAN. A windows solution called Snapdialer exists (don't...

gVim -- how to use X keyboard maps?
Dear Listmembers, How could I enter cyrillic AND latin characters in gVim (under LINUX)? The ``global'' keyboard maps in X (as defined in /etc/X11/XF86Config) DO NOT WORK when editing text in gVim (version 6.2.98 as supplied with Slackware 9.1) -- i.e. the latin character-input is O.K., but when I switch to cyrillic the keystrokes do not appear in the buffer. Is it possible to turn somehow the cyrillic keyboard for gVim on? Thank you in advance! istoyanov@eudoramail.com (istoyanov) wrote in message news:<a35ddec.0402240833.70a73955@posting.google.com>... > De...

Using x11 keyboard map for Wine?
Hi, After having used Wine with the default keyboard map for a while, I began to wonder why not using my nice x11 keyboard map for wine too? I don't want to create yet another customized keyboard map.. the best thing would be for Wine to pick up keys from x11. Is it possible at all? Thanks Jo�l ...

Can you use Access as an I.M. client?
Well, I guess the real question would be, can you talk to another Access user through Access? Here's my problem: when I need to get everyone out of one of our databases, I have a form that tells me who is currently in it. Rather than calling these people or running to their desks (some are in another state), can I just pop up a box on their screen and tell them it's time to get out for a minute? I seem to remember doing this at some point at another job, but I can't remember exactly how. But as I recall, that database had an OnTimer event that checked every 20 or so seconds to ...

Accessing the Speaker of an IBM Model M keyboard
Hi! I found an old IBM Model M keyboard in the dumpster of my university. The keyboard works fine, every key still has its legendary click... This Keyboard has a speaker, and I'd like to access it. I wrote this tiny x86 Assembler program some time ago, to set the LEDs on it: section .text global _start _start: mov al, 0EDh ; command to set LEDs to keyboard out 60h, al ; write command mov al, 111b ; set flags out 60h, al ; write flags mov al,1 ; system call number (sys_exit) int 0x80 ; call kernel I don't know much about I/O-Registers, obviously 60h is for the keybo...

Uploading Excel To ISeries Using Client Access
No matter how I try I always get problems uploading Excel data using the Client Access File Upload when there are numeric values in alpha fields. The CWB0005 message appears and there seems to be no way to clear it. It's not practical to put the <single quote> before every value in a column. Is there a foolproof way of uploading, without going out and buying new software? I'm doing my transfers by downloading a sample record in the file from the iSeries as BIF8 and creating the FDF, then uploading using that. It sometimes works ok if I upload using CSV instead, but it requir...

dialer map configuration using privileged access
Hi, I am restricting user access to certain configuration commands in IOS. I only want the user to be able to add or modify dialer map entries on a dialer interface. dialer map ip A.B.C.D name NAME broadcast PHONENUMBER I have configured the following for the users with level 2 privileges: privilege interface level 2 dialer map privilege interface level 2 dialer The other privilege rules are in place already so the user is able to logon, go into configuration mode, and go into interface configuration mode. The problem I have is that with the privilege rules above, I am not able to c...

Using a keyboard-friendly terminal client with SSH
A terminal client here is called �keyboard friendly�, if it can be configured in such a manner that local functions, including pasting from the clipboard and recalling configurations (like font-sizes) can be activated by a single key (possibly with modifiers). A person had used a keyboard-friendly terminal client with SSH support. Now the server does not support the old SSH protocol anymore, and this client can not be used anymore. The client �putty� can be used, but it is not keyboard friendly. When establishing the SSH connection, the user needs to provide his creden...