Lost PC console 520 V5R4M0

We have lost the PC with the Console of a 525 connected via Ethernet. With
it, the console access  password.

What is the procedure in order to configure a new PC console and reset the
console password  for the new one ?

We still have OS QSECOFR user and its password via telnet emulation  and of
course, we have access to the 525 pannel.

Thanks in advance.

0
CENTRINO

Il 19.11.2016 14.10, CENTRINO ha scritto:
> We have lost the PC with the Console of a 525 connected via Ethernet.
> With it, the console access  password.
>
> What is the procedure in order to configure a new PC console and reset
> the console password  for the new one ?
>
> We still have OS QSECOFR user and its password via telnet emulation  and
> of course, we have access to the 525 pannel.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Using a 5250 session as QSECOFR (just QSECOFR, not another powerful
user) you can enter the command CHGDSTPWD PASSWORD(*DEFAULT), so
passwords of IBM supplied service users will reset to default (e.g.
QSECOFR user will have QSECOFR password, case-sensitive). If you didn't
change service permission (to change service password from sst when
expired) , the newly created password has been set expired and must be
changed at the very first login. So you'll not be able to access
concurrent service tool, you only be able to change the password using
dedicated service tool, by the console tha you have to restore asap.
0
Dr