PC Document Printing On AS400 Twinax Printers

I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the
as400 printer.  If so the setup they use to accomplish this task.

Thanks

0
bryan2591 (1)

You can try:

In Operations Navigator, Open the system, go into Basic Operations,
Printers, right click on the printer and create a share for the printer.

Now add a network printer as \\TheAS400IpAddress\TheShareName on the PC.

Jim

"BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the
> as400 printer.  If so the setup they use to accomplish this task.
>
> Thanks

0
jim.thedorf (115)
5/17/2005 8:48:05 PM
I did it once to see if it would work.
I was able to print a Windows test page, but I didn't try anything
else.

Use Operations Navigator to share the printer, then add the printer
driver on the desired PC.

On 17 May 2005 06:53:49 -0700, "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com>
wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the
>as400 printer.  If so the setup they use to accomplish this task.
>
>Thanks

0
emcook (224)

Hello all, I'm working on a program that needs to send a print job to a printer connected to an AS/400. I've tried using the SpooledFileOutputStream and I've also tried using one of the SCS Writer classes. Neither solution is working. With the SpooledFileOutputStream I am at least able to create my print file, but when my program ends, the file is still not being printed. This program does not run on the AS400, it runs on a PC and connects to the AS400 via the toolkit classes. I know this part works as I am able to use the toolkit to access Data Queues, Files and Data Areas witho...

AS400 printing to PC-connected printer
I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware. I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what paper size I choose, whether it be in the hardware setting, the printer setup in Windows or in the "transform print data" selection, it seems to ignore paper size setting. This results in only the first line being lined up, and each line after is abo...

PDF Document printing from the AS400
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automa...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi All I am creating a database trigger to write details real time from tables on one AS400 to another over our WAN. Is there such a concept as ODBC connections on the AS400 to perform this task and if so can anyone explain how I would configure such a connection. There will be a process on the receiving AS400 waiting to process the data as soon as it is received. All provious data transfer between AS400's in our organisation have been using SAVF and FTP but this is a differnet issue. Thanks in advance for any help offered Iain Iain racontait dans comp.databases....

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi. What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on V5R1) ? Regards, Tom tom wrote: > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? Probably FTP. "tom" <tomeks@comp.pl> wrote in message news:c8c9u5$fb4$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? > > Regards, > Tom > > It depends how often you are doing the copying & how much there is. If you want say one record but every 3 seconds then you...

With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing se
With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing set to on. I am able to print from one Mac to another via sharing. What about the PC ? -- http://bergenbulldogradio.blogspot.com/ In article <il9Yg.1193$6D3.1191@trnddc01>, Marshall <notmkatzman@verizon.net> wrote: > With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my > PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. > Again I have ...

Printing from an AS400 to a Windows or Unix printer
Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer connections? If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some of the options? Thanks. Hi, Check out Brooks Internet Software, www.brooksnet.com for some very good yet reasonable LPR/LPD products supporting AS/400. Larry T. The Praetorian <mlutgen@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a > windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer > connections? Y...

How to print overlays in a spooled document on AS400
Hi, I am trying to print an overlayed image in a spool file on AS400. The way I am doing it is I configured IBM AFP 300 printer driver on my PC. Then select the output type as overlay in the above printer properties. After that I created an image(bitmap) on my PC saved it with .oly extension,then I can see this image in AFP bench viewer. After that put this file in a folder created on IFS. Then I followed the following steps CRTPF,CPYFRMPCD and CRTOVL to create an *OVL object on AS400. I created a printer file and in the DDS included a record format for overlay and used the keyword OVL(*LI...

PDF Document printing from the AS400 #2
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automatically...

Printing to Nashua printers from iSeries AS400
Hi, I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage so far. Does anybody recognize this problem and is there a solution? Thanx Hi Willem Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations How do you want to connect it to your as400? (LAN/IP, par on Workstation, par on PC, Twinax ) Daniel On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemde...

AS400 printer - HPLJ2600N
Hi, A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer. They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it was the customising object, and it worked fine. I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR in library QSYS but it didn't help. Please h...

HP2600N Colour Printer
Hi all, I have set up fifty or sixty HP lasers on the AS400 and they all print quite happily. The models were HP2200/2300/4050/4100/4200/4300. I am now trying to set up my first colour laser, HP2600N, and it appears to print and disappears from the spool file on the AS400. At the laser the network light flashes, but I get no output. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone print successfully to the HP2600? This is the configuration that I am using is: - Device description . . . . . . . > HP2600TN Port number . . . . . . . . . . 9100 Online at IPL . . . . . . . . . *Y...

Printing and AFP document on a printer attached to a PC
Hello, I use printer devices attached to Pc's. When i create the queue and the device, its class is `virtual` and i can't print AFP documents nor change the parameters of the device. Is there a way to define the printer so AFP would be printed? I cannot claim to offer the ultimate truth on this, but I have some findings to report. One of our clients wanted to be able to reprint invoices, which include Arial italic fonts - conveniently similar to Helvetica. I have a Lexmark 4039 directly attached to a PC and another on a print server, either of which can be set-up as prt150. If I ge...

How to print lines and boxes in a spooled document on AS400
I am trying to print pagsegments and overlays in a spool file on AS400.The spoolfile needs to be formatted and vertical ,horizontal lines as well as boxes are reuired to be inserted in the splf.The operating system version I am using is V5R1. I have seen LINE(1.3 2.6 0.2 *VRT *NARROW) and BOX keywords but they are not working in the DDS on my version.As I can't see these keywords in the help of Printer file keywords. I can do the above task by drawing overlays but It would be least effort consuming if keywords work. I would appreciate if anybody throws some light on it. raghu wrote: >...

Web resources about - PC Document Printing On AS400 Twinax Printers - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Identity document - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An identity document (also called a piece of identification or ID , or colloquially as one's 'papers') is any document which may be used to verify ...

US and Britain hacked Israeli air force to spy on drones, Snowden documents show
'We know that the Americans spy on the whole world, and also on us, also on their friends,' Israeli minister said. 'But still, it is disappointing.' ...

Gina Rinehart ordered to hand over secret documents
Gina Rinehart's eldest children Bianca and John have won access to secret documents from their mother.

Navy wrongly gave Kate Malonyay's killer Elliott Coulson a military funeral, FOI documents reveal
Documents obtained by Lateline under freedom of information reveal the Navy wrongly gave murderer Elliott Coulson a military funeral.

Doculus takes the pain out of viewing documents on iPhone
Viewing a business document on the small screen of a smartphone can be a huge nuisance. Sure, you can zoom in to make text and figures larger, ...

What’s stupid this month: Xerox patents sharing documents online
... and yanked it into the bleak January sunlight. US Patent No. 9,240,000 , entitled "Social Network for Enabling the Physical Sharing of Documents," ...

No gun used by Maryland teen charged in Va. murder, documents say
Baltimore Sun No gun used by Maryland teen charged in Va. murder, documents say Baltimore Sun Natalie Keepers (left), of Laurel, and David ...

New cloud service helps organizations meet document preservation requirements
Companies increasingly face demands to keep documents in order to satisfy legal and compliance requirements. This can present problems in deciding ...

NTSB Releases Documents In Deadly Amtrak Crash Investigation
In his first interview with the NTSB, Amtrak 188 engineer Brandon Bostian tells investigators that his last memory from that night was "turning ...

NSA documents show US and UK spied on Israeli military drones
CNN NSA documents show US and UK spied on Israeli military drones CNN Washington (CNN) American and British spies have secretly monitored ...