PC FTP to AS400

My VB .net application used to work now it doesn't, nothing has changed
with the application. I FTP long file names (or used to) to our AS400
but since last Wednesday I get this "Specified object name too long,
limit is 10 characters: LINE20050219." message.
The filename I was sending was LINE20050219_000000.txt so I'm not sure
why LINE20050219. is in the error message. The commands being executed
are as follows:

open xx.xx.x.xxx
userid
pswd
cd /home/celeb
STOR line20050219_000000.txt

I am (and have been) using an FTP .DLL that has an uploadfile procedure
and the only parameter to pass is file name. The .dll issues the raw
FTP commands hence the STOR command vs a put.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on what may all of a sudden be
wrong...

thanks in advance for any help

0
jbennard (3)
2/23/2005 2:57:25 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

Jerry, look in your IFS at the security on your other LINE text files.
What happens if you run this manually from the PC, same results??

JerryB wrote:
> My VB .net application used to work now it doesn't, nothing has
changed
> with the application. I FTP long file names (or used to) to our AS400
> but since last Wednesday I get this "Specified object name too long,
> limit is 10 characters: LINE20050219." message.
> The filename I was sending was LINE20050219_000000.txt so I'm not
sure
> why LINE20050219. is in the error message. The commands being
executed
> are as follows:
>
> open xx.xx.x.xxx
> userid
> pswd
> cd /home/celeb
> STOR line20050219_000000.txt
>
> I am (and have been) using an FTP .DLL that has an uploadfile
procedure
> and the only parameter to pass is file name. The .dll issues the raw
> FTP commands hence the STOR command vs a put.
>
> Hopefully someone can shed some light on what may all of a sudden be
> wrong...
>
> thanks in advance for any help

The transfer works from a DOS command line, that's how I'm skirting the
problem right now. I created a DOS batch file to handle the FTP to the
400. I will check with our AS400 staff about the IFS security.

jack.kingsley@wamu.net wrote:
> Jerry, look in your IFS at the security on your other LINE text
files.
> What happens if you run this manually from the PC, same results??
>

> JerryB wrote:
> > My VB .net application used to work now it doesn't, nothing has
> changed
> > with the application. I FTP long file names (or used to) to our
AS400
> > but since last Wednesday I get this "Specified object name too
long,
> > limit is 10 characters: LINE20050219." message.
> > The filename I was sending was LINE20050219_000000.txt so I'm not
> sure
> > why LINE20050219. is in the error message. The commands being
> executed
> > are as follows:
> >
> > open xx.xx.x.xxx
> > userid
> > pswd
> > cd /home/celeb
> > STOR line20050219_000000.txt
> >
> > I am (and have been) using an FTP .DLL that has an uploadfile
> procedure
> > and the only parameter to pass is file name. The .dll issues the
raw
> > FTP commands hence the STOR command vs a put.
> >
> > Hopefully someone can shed some light on what may all of a sudden
be
> > wrong...
> >
> > thanks in advance for any help

0
jbennard (3)
2/24/2005 4:42:57 PM
hmm. I wonder if you need a
QUOT SITE NAMEFMT 1
before the STOR?

JerryB wrote:

> My VB .net application used to work now it doesn't, nothing has changed
> with the application. I FTP long file names (or used to) to our AS400
> but since last Wednesday I get this "Specified object name too long,
> limit is 10 characters: LINE20050219." message.
> The filename I was sending was LINE20050219_000000.txt so I'm not sure
> why LINE20050219. is in the error message. The commands being executed
> are as follows:
>
> open xx.xx.x.xxx
> userid
> pswd
> cd /home/celeb
> STOR line20050219_000000.txt
>
> I am (and have been) using an FTP .DLL that has an uploadfile procedure
> and the only parameter to pass is file name. The .dll issues the raw
> FTP commands hence the STOR command vs a put.
>
> Hopefully someone can shed some light on what may all of a sudden be
> wrong...
>
> thanks in advance for any help

0
Drew

Ftp from as400 to PC
Hello, I have packed value in a file in the AS400 and I need to send my file from as400 to PC and I need to send my file from pc to AS400 with FTP but I have a problem with packed caracteres please could you help Best regards Dave try to use "bin" it is - "Representation type is binary" after you sign on, type bin Gary it's not ok :( "Gary Segal" <segalgary@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1127411171.724353.279550@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > try to use "bin" it is - "Representation type is binary"...

Hello all, I'm working on a program that needs to send a print job to a printer connected to an AS/400. I've tried using the SpooledFileOutputStream and I've also tried using one of the SCS Writer classes. Neither solution is working. With the SpooledFileOutputStream I am at least able to create my print file, but when my program ends, the file is still not being printed. This program does not run on the AS400, it runs on a PC and connects to the AS400 via the toolkit classes. I know this part works as I am able to use the toolkit to access Data Queues, Files and Data Areas witho...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi. What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on V5R1) ? Regards, Tom tom wrote: > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? Probably FTP. "tom" <tomeks@comp.pl> wrote in message news:c8c9u5$fb4$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? > > Regards, > Tom > > It depends how often you are doing the copying & how much there is. If you want say one record but every 3 seconds then you...

CRLF FTP AS400 to PC
Hi, I need to FTP from AS400 PF to PC textfile (.txt). I already success to FTP the file, but at the end of the textfile there is an additional empty line. I need to omit this line. How to do it? Example: My PF in AS400 (lenght 100 Alphanumeric) MT10X Text.......... 000001 {1:F01PDSSIDJ1RST10058091516}{2:I103INDOIDJRXXXXN}{3:{113:0070}}{4: 000002 :20:140058091516 000003 :23B:CRED 000004 :23E:SDVA ...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi All I am creating a database trigger to write details real time from tables on one AS400 to another over our WAN. Is there such a concept as ODBC connections on the AS400 to perform this task and if so can anyone explain how I would configure such a connection. There will be a process on the receiving AS400 waiting to process the data as soon as it is received. All provious data transfer between AS400's in our organisation have been using SAVF and FTP but this is a differnet issue. Thanks in advance for any help offered Iain Iain racontait dans comp.databases....

FTP Error when connecting to AS400 from PC
I am in the process of configuring a Model 170. I have a direct serial connection between the PC and the 400. In addition, I have networked the PC and 400 on an ethernet line. I am able to use the Client Access file transfer utility to send and receive files from the 400. But when I attempt to ftp files from the PC, I receive the following messages. FTP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (my FTP Address) connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx connection closed by remote host Do you have any ideas on what this could be? Thanks Derek halsteadconsults@hotmail.com (Derek Halstead) wrote in message news:<853e8...

FTP ANSI-formatted file from PC to AS400
I get a file from a German partner four times a year, it's a PC-file, when I load it into Excel it looks nice using the Windows (ANSI) selection. I need it transferred to the AS400. I cannot use Client Access, since the file contains TAB-characters. THe AS400 is set up with Danish language, QCCSID=3D65535, QCHRID Character ID is 697 and Code Page is 277. I got the advice some years ago, to use FTP and give the command "quote type c 819" before putting, and that works, except that =FC (lower case U umlaut) becomes ~, which does not look nice. I have tried the following alterna...

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to fin...

FTP to AS400
I have an old(ish) AS400 that i have installed at home on a LAN. i have (now) managed to connect it to the network, but am unable to transfer files to it via FTP. the FTP server is up and running on the 400, and will allow me to login, but no matter what FTP command i try and enter (on the pc FTP client), i always get the message: 501 unknown extension in database filename. this means, i can't effectively do anything (via) FTP with the box. i have a savf i desperately need to transfer to the box, but seem unable to do so. also, someone told me i should be able to get windows explorer to s...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if p...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues
Hi All, We have two AS400's at different locations, and were able to passthrough and send files between both no problems. Last week one of our AS400's was moved to another location, with an IP change. We have updated the IP addresses on the other AS400 and can passthrough fine....however we can no longer send files from the new location. When I look at the distribution queue I see the following status: RTY-FAIL Any idea's as to what may be causing this? Thanks, Mike mot98@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, > > We have two AS400's at different locations, and were able...

IBM AS400

AS400 FTP to FTP Server Write problem
I have an FTP site on our W2K server (SP4) that I FTP files to from our AS400. To do this I need write authority, which is OK, but users accessing this site from a browser can upload/create anything on this folder. Is there a way in Internet Information Services, or the folder itself to stop users from writing to this folder yet still give me rights to write to it? Permissions on the folder, or on IIS doesn't seem to check the write privilages. Anyone know how I can accomplish this? Thanks. Hi Tryke, "Tryke" <tryke01@comcast.net> schreef in bericht news:1106328866.76560...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if p...

Web resources about - PC FTP to AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

AS400 Iseries
If you are looking to create jobs that you need to run at specified days or times on a regular basis on your as400 then your need to be using ...

India Jobs Network
Job Posts Search Hire Recruit Candidates Profile Resume CV HeadHunters HR Sourcing Recruitment Consultants Recruiters requirements Jobs firm ...

Operating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An operating system ( OS ) is a set of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs . ...

Software industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The software industry includes businesses for development , maintenance and publication of software that are using any business model. The industry ...

摄影器材资料馆 - Leica中文摄影论坛 专业中文摄影社区
Leica 关于 Leica 中文站 论坛首页 最新主题列表 最新回复列表 专业认证版块 认证会员摄影作品展专区 认证会员器材交流专区 认证会员摄影讨论专区 中文摄影论坛 摄影器材资料馆 技术互助讨论区 摄影器材专卖店 中文站办公室 注册 找回密码 登录 在线会员总数 注册会员总数 ...

Manager Business Process Support / CT8225
Manager Business Process Support / CT8225 job in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, US. Read the Manager Business Process Support / CT8225 job description ...

Attunity Integration Technology Forum
Attunity Integration Technology Forum. To find out about Attunity, go to http://www.attunity.com/ .

AS400, iSeries, IBM Free BCD Software Download Trials for Web App Development and BI
The IBM i and PC software products you will download are fully functioning versions of our software, complete with manuals. Free Trials, purchased ...

iDevelop: Cloud
The thoughts and musings of Jon Paris and Susan Gantner, two traveling System i application development evangelists. Topics include RPG, PHP ...