PDF Document printing from the AS400

We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our
product is sold in.  Our production department want to be able to print
on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen.

Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document
printing/serving from the AS400?

These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in
various colors of ink and on various types of paper.  Ideally I would
like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has
to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would
automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper.
No user intervention required except to select the line item of the
order they are working on.

Thomas Hauber
Senior Programmer/Analyst
General Ribbon Corp.
0
thauber (46)

Take a look at CVTSPLSTMF    http://www.ariadnesoftware.co.uk/CoolNew.htm

"Thomas Hauber" <thauber@printgrc.com> schreef in bericht
> We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our
> product is sold in.  Our production department want to be able to print
> on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen.
>
> Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document
> printing/serving from the AS400?
>
> These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in
> various colors of ink and on various types of paper.  Ideally I would
> like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has
> to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would
> automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper.
> No user intervention required except to select the line item of the
> order they are working on.
>

> Thomas Hauber
> Senior Programmer/Analyst
> General Ribbon Corp.

0
bril (1)
8/11/2004 12:40:47 PM
from their green screen PC? just send the proper PC print command using PC
organinzer commands. strpco and send the command to the pc from AS/400.

We do this all the time from green screen sending PC commands down to them
to open/print/view pdf/spread sheets/jpegs anything the PC knows.

Good Luck
Bill

"Thomas Hauber" <thauber@printgrc.com> wrote in message
> We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our
> product is sold in.  Our production department want to be able to print
> on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen.
>
> Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document
> printing/serving from the AS400?
>
> These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in
> various colors of ink and on various types of paper.  Ideally I would
> like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has
> to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would
> automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper.
> No user intervention required except to select the line item of the
> order they are working on.
>

> Thomas Hauber
> Senior Programmer/Analyst
> General Ribbon Corp.

0
Bill
8/12/2004 2:26:02 AM
We happen to be a Cool Spool user and while it's a good piece of
software I don't think it will help the original poster.

As I read the original post, the product information sheets are already
in PDF format and the OP want to print them on demand from the iSeries.

As Bill mentioned, you could send the print command to a PC and have it
print the PDF.  You might find third party software to make this a
little more robust solution.

If you want to go directly from the iSeries to the printer, you could
take a look at IBM's Infoprint Server licensed program for the iSeries
(5722-IP1).  It provides two options. One, PDF files can be transformed
into AFP datastream and sent to an *IPDS (PJL?) printer.  Two, the PDF
file can be sent direct to a PDF capable printer.  Be sure to check that
it can support your full-color output.  You might need v5r3 for that as
there has been some enhancement to the color support.  It should be on
your original install disks.  You can install it and try it for up to 70
days.

Final option I can think of would be to see if you could a AIX program
running in PASE to spool the PDF file to a printer.

HTH,
Charles

In article <411a13d0$0$65124$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, bril@ja.nt
says...
> Take a look at CVTSPLSTMF    http://www.ariadnesoftware.co.uk/CoolNew.htm
>
> "Thomas Hauber" <thauber@printgrc.com> schreef in bericht
> > We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our
> > product is sold in.  Our production department want to be able to print
> > on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen.
> >
> > Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document
> > printing/serving from the AS400?
> >
> > These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in
> > various colors of ink and on various types of paper.  Ideally I would
> > like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has
> > to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would
> > automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper.
> > No user intervention required except to select the line item of the
> > order they are working on.
> >

> > Thomas Hauber
> > Senior Programmer/Analyst
> > General Ribbon Corp.

0
cwilt1 (190)
8/12/2004 12:51:56 PM
Hello Tom,

Our iSeries Office Integrator can automate the printing of PDF files from a
green screen program.

Users can call it interactively or batch jobs can do the same.

You can be up and auto-printing PDF files in 15 minutes.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"The AS/400 and iSeries Report and Data Delivery Experts"
Email: richard@rjssoftware.com
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com

"Thomas Hauber" <thauber@printgrc.com> wrote in message
> We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our
> product is sold in.  Our production department want to be able to print
> on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen.
>
> Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document
> printing/serving from the AS400?
>
> These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in
> various colors of ink and on various types of paper.  Ideally I would
> like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has
> to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would
> automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper.
> No user intervention required except to select the line item of the
> order they are working on.
>

> Thomas Hauber
> Senior Programmer/Analyst
> General Ribbon Corp.

0
richard890 (194)
8/15/2004 4:13:57 PM
Unfortunately that is one of the problems I have discovered.  Adobe
Acrobat Reader never truly supported command line printing.  What you
run into is that you can issue the command to print a particular PDF,
but all it does is launch Reader, print the document and waits for you
to end the Reader program.  All of the control features I need, number
of copies, duplex(on/off) and source tray are not supported in reader.
So far I haven't been able to find a Windows product that has all of
these options either.

Bill Wragg <bwragg@ wrote:

> from their green screen PC? just send the proper PC print command using PC
> organinzer commands. strpco and send the command to the pc from AS/400.
>
> We do this all the time from green screen sending PC commands down to them
> to open/print/view pdf/spread sheets/jpegs anything the PC knows.
>
> Good Luck
> Bill
>

> "Thomas Hauber" <thauber@printgrc.com> wrote in message
>
>>We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our
>>product is sold in.  Our production department want to be able to print
>>on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen.
>>
>>Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document
>>printing/serving from the AS400?
>>
>>These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in
>>various colors of ink and on various types of paper.  Ideally I would
>>like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has
>>to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would
>>automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper.
>>No user intervention required except to select the line item of the
>>order they are working on.
>>

>>Thomas Hauber
>>Senior Programmer/Analyst
>>General Ribbon Corp.

0
thauber (46)
8/16/2004 6:19:13 PM
Thomas Hauber <thauber@printgrc.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately that is one of the problems I have discovered.  Adobe
> Acrobat Reader never truly supported command line printing.  What you
> run into is that you can issue the command to print a particular PDF,
> but all it does is launch Reader, print the document and waits for you
> to end the Reader program.  All of the control features I need, number
> of copies, duplex(on/off) and source tray are not supported in reader.
> So far I haven't been able to find a Windows product that has all of
> these options either.

On a PC, print the PDF files to an output file, either PCL or
PostScript.  These files will have number of copies, duplex, and tray
selection.  Copy them to the AS/400 without any character translation
(i.e., FTP in binary mode).

Then it's just a matter of copying those files from the AS/400 to the
appropriate printer, again without translation.  (In the past, I've
posted details for a "raw" remote outq that may accomplish this in this
newsgroup.)

For extra neatness points, compress the output files for space savings,
and patch them at run-time for number of copies or other parameters.

wblock (186)

PDF Document printing from the AS400 #2
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper. No user intervention required except to select the line item of the order they are working on. Thomas Hauber Senior Programmer/Analyst General Ribbon Corp. You could try using FOP. But you need to look @ java on the iseries and XSLT. This is a low cost solution for what you need, and it is free, just your time. Thomas, have a look at our software "i4Win". It enables you to do this job and close your project within minutes. Regards Andreas Goering http://www.goering.de / www.goering.us (for north America) ============================================================== Thomas Hauber <thauber@printgrc.com> wrote in message news:<nysSc.80693$V96.558@cyclops.nntpserver.com>... > We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our > product is sold in. Our production department wan...

print pdf from as400
Hi I know this topic came up before but no clear answer has been provided yet. I am looking for something that can print out my pdf files created from a j2ee application directly on the as/400 printers. isn't it possible to use something like lpr <<name of pdf file>> ? thomas Hi Thomas, Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should find exactly what you need at thier site. Thanks, Larry T. Hi Larry I have checked the website but it requires the intervention of a windows pc. Do you have any alternatives? T "Larry T." <larry-nospamx@jbmsystems.com> wrote in message news:Fo3qc.49016$L8.35483@nwrdny02.gnilink.net... > Hi Thomas, > > Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). > Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms > design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should > find exactly what you need at thier site. > > Thanks, > > Larry T. HI, Sorry, all these solutions run on a windows pc or server. Most of our clients either have a windows pc or server or can get one pretty inexpensively. They usually like to run this type of utility and application on a machine that doesn't use their AS/400 resources (leave that for the ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

How to print overlays in a spooled document on AS400
Hi, I am trying to print an overlayed image in a spool file on AS400. The way I am doing it is I configured IBM AFP 300 printer driver on my PC. Then select the output type as overlay in the above printer properties. After that I created an image(bitmap) on my PC saved it with .oly extension,then I can see this image in AFP bench viewer. After that put this file in a folder created on IFS. Then I followed the following steps CRTPF,CPYFRMPCD and CRTOVL to create an *OVL object on AS400. I created a printer file and in the DDS included a record format for overlay and used the keyword OVL(*LIBL/overlayobjectname 6.3 4.3) and tried to print this file. Now in the AFP bench viewer I can see only the header and footer but no overlay image!!! If anybody can highlight the missing steps in the above process Please let me know the correct one. Did you compile the prtf with DEVTYPE *AFPDS (not *SCS) option?? Steve "raghu" <raghuonnet@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1153395263.211207.189840@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to print an overlayed image in a spool file on AS400. The > way I am doing it is I configured IBM AFP 300 printer driver on my PC. > Then select the output type as overlay in the above printer properties. > After that I created an image(bitmap) on my PC saved it with .oly > extension,then I can see this image in AFP bench viewer. > After that put this file in a folder created on IFS. >...

PC Document Printing On AS400 Twinax Printers
I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. Thanks You can try: In Operations Navigator, Open the system, go into Basic Operations, Printers, right click on the printer and create a share for the printer. Now add a network printer as \\TheAS400IpAddress\TheShareName on the PC. Jim "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote in message news:1116338029.678272.180930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the > as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > > Thanks > I did it once to see if it would work. I was able to print a Windows test page, but I didn't try anything else. Use Operations Navigator to share the printer, then add the printer driver on the desired PC. On 17 May 2005 06:53:49 -0700, "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote: >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the >as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > >Thanks ...

How to print lines and boxes in a spooled document on AS400
I am trying to print pagsegments and overlays in a spool file on AS400.The spoolfile needs to be formatted and vertical ,horizontal lines as well as boxes are reuired to be inserted in the splf.The operating system version I am using is V5R1. I have seen LINE(1.3 2.6 0.2 *VRT *NARROW) and BOX keywords but they are not working in the DDS on my version.As I can't see these keywords in the help of Printer file keywords. I can do the above task by drawing overlays but It would be least effort consuming if keywords work. I would appreciate if anybody throws some light on it. raghu wrote: > I am trying to print pagsegments and overlays in a spool file on > AS400.The spoolfile needs to be formatted and vertical ,horizontal > lines as well as boxes are reuired to be inserted in the splf.The > operating system version I am using is V5R1. I have seen LINE(1.3 2.6 > 0.2 *VRT *NARROW) and BOX keywords but they are not working in the DDS > on my version.As I can't see these keywords in the help of Printer file > keywords. > I can do the above task by drawing overlays but It would be least > effort consuming if keywords work. > I would appreciate if anybody throws some light on it. As far as I know LINE and BOX keywords were available at V2R3M0 and maybe even before. To succesfully use AFP keywords you must create a prtf with at least DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) -- Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside Spaccamaroni andate a ...

IBM AS400

AS400 Printing
Hello, I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into the right direction. Thanks, Shannon Go to Knowledge Base. http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase Search for "tray" or "drawer". Do some experimenting. Default drawer in a spoolfile is "1". In which tray does that end up? Change a spoolfile to Drawer 2, 3 or even 4 to see if it ends up in the other trays. If you find Spoolfile Drawer Values which fits your needs then all you have to do is change the printerfiles with formtype A4 to a specific Drawer and all the other printerfiles to another Drawer. Or you mean you want this function only on this HP 4200? Then we have to think some more... -- Bengt "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:Dd3xc.55036$Np3.2437225@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hello, > > I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. > How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 > automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with > formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? > > Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into th...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

Print or Save a PDF document, as a PDF file, "2 up"?
OS X allows one to print most documents to a PDF file and/or to print documents "2 up" (2 pages/page) or even higher. But I can't seem to print a PDF document to a PDF file this way -- at least not from Adobe Acrobat. The OS X Print dialog says "Use Save, not Print", but Acrobat's Save As doesn't seem to have a 2-up option. How to do this? In article <siegman-3CA794.13163209042005@news.stanford.edu>, AES <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote: > OS X allows one to print most documents to a PDF file and/or to print > documents "2 up" ...

as400 printing
Hi Guys: I just found this newsgroup. I'm an IT Manager at a firm with an AS400, just started the job. I'm not an AS400 guy. We have an AS400 running V5R3 (I believe). Our users connect to a vertical app. one of my users is using the IBM Client Access software to print a report to a local printer. the report is supposedly defined on the AS400 as a landscape report. However, when she prints it out to her local printer, the orientation is portrait. When the report is printed to a different printer, it comes out landscape. I've no idea where to begin on this. Can someone help me figure out how to make it print out landscape on her local printer? I went into her printer properties and set the printer default to landscape with no luck getting the report to print landscape. so there must be something that is injecting the printer control codes to tell the device to print portrait. i'm not sure if it's these PDT files i've heard about, or whether it's the print device setup in the AS400 itself. The end user says that a previous IT person used to be able to make a change at the client side to have it come out landscape. i'm not sure how. Help! Somebody please give me a clue! (yes, I don't have one!) :) You would need to check to see how the spooled file attributes are set on the i5/OS (AS400) side. The way to do this is to use WRKSPLFA (option 8 from WRKOUTQ, WRKSPLF or WRKJOB OPTION(*SPLF)) and scroll down through the attributes....

Printing Documents to PDF
Hi, =20 I want to print a large number of documents (Word,RTF) to PDF (in batch). =20 No interaction with the user. =20 What are my options? =20 =20 Thank you in advance=20 Jacques Lanoue (An other SAS guy) ...

AS400 Printing queries
Hi, I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a way I can do this? Thanks in advance!! Shannon Set the number of columns to 80 in the "Select output type and output form" option, second screen Form size - Width. - Bob Comer "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > Shannon > > > > > > I forgot to mention that it only prints landscape on laser printers. It prints as it should on our wide impact printer. Shannon "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

AS400 color print?
We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with HPT or any other product? (AFP product) On Apr 24, 7:09 am, "hmda" <kantat...@gmail.com> wrote: > We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with > HPT or any other product? (AFP product) I would like to know this also. ...

AS400 Printing Issue
I have setup a remote queue pointed at a Netgear PS101 which is connected to an Comapq LG15 Lineprinter. The printer prints as expected with a few quirks. At the very top of the page a string appears OUOp10 00h012v0s0b003T0B@30008C005C0p17.... and at the beginning of EVERY line +00216H. The LG printer can emulate several other printers, including the EPSON FX and the IBM Proprinter XL III I'm sure that it's a problem with emulation, but I cannot seem to get this working properly. The queue settings follow. Just looking for a push in the correct direction. Thanks. ~k --- chgoutq Output queue . . . . . . . . . . > P1REPLACE Name Library . . . . . . . . . . . > QUSRSYS Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Maximum spooled file size: Number of pages . . . . . . . *NONE Number, *SAME, *NONE Starting time . . . . . . . . Time Ending time . . . . . . . . . Time Order of files on queue . . . . *FIFO *SAME, *JOBNBR, *FIFO Remote system . . . . . . . . . *INTNETADR Character value, *SAME... Remote printer queue . . . . . . 'P1' Character value, *SAME... Writers to autostart . . . . . . 1 1-10, *SAME, *NONE Queue for writer messages . . . QSYSOPR Name, *SAME Library . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Connection type . . . . . . . . *IP *SAME, *SNA, *IP, *IPX... Destination type . . . . . . . . *OTHER *SAME, *OS400, *OS400V2... Host print transform ....

Re: Printing Documents to PDF
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:27:42 -0400, Lanoue, Jacques <JLanoue@MANNKINDCORP.COM> wrote: >Hi, > >I want to print a large number of documents (Word,RTF) to PDF (in >batch). > >No interaction with the user. > >What are my options? > >Thank you in advance >Jacques Lanoue (An other SAS guy) I would say a Word macro. That would be a no-SAS solution. Is there something which SAS is supposed to add? <hs AT dc-sug DOT org ("Howard Schreier)> wrote in message news:200810230239.m9MI9iG5024601@malibu.cc.uga.edu... > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:27:42 -0400, Lanoue, Jacques > <JLanoue@MANNKINDCORP.COM> wrote: > > >Hi, > > > >I want to print a large number of documents (Word,RTF) to PDF (in > >batch). > > > >No interaction with the user. > > > >What are my options? > > > >Thank you in advance > >Jacques Lanoue (An other SAS guy) > > I would say a Word macro. That would be a no-SAS solution. Is there > something which SAS is supposed to add? I've had problems in the past converting mixed file types to one large PDF while using Adobe - all .rtf's or all .doc's seem to work fine, but when the same run contains both, whatever happens to be the first type works OK and the second type craps out. ...

Problems Printing a PDF document
I have problems and its giving me an error message: "Printing is not supported on this printer--You were trying to print to a printer that does not use PostScript. This program requires a PostScript printer driver" I am running Solaris 10 x86 and how can I resolve this problem in order to print PDF docs? Thank you. Either you buy a PostScript printer, say a Samsung CLP-550N, or you tell us more about your current printer setup. Either you buy a PostScript printer, say a Samsung CLP-550N, or you tell us more about your current printer setup. Hello as400, as400 schrieb/wrote: ...

Documentation tool for AS400, help
Hi ! CabledSoft have developed a documentation tool (DSP400i) for any AS/400 (iSeries). It show the ERP system in many useful ways, when you look for errors, or upgrading the system. This software is developed in Sweden. Is there anyone, who have English (or other big languages) as first language and work with AS/400, and like to write ? Then please visit www.cabledsoft.com , and contact us. Maybe we can do something together in the future. Best Regards //Micke ...

How to print a PDF document from Labview?
I am looking to create a paper copy of a PDF document.&nbsp; Note: I do&nbsp;NOT want to create a PDF document. &nbsp; In other words I want to print a PDF document from Lab View or Visual Basic or C#.&nbsp; The application is used in a production environment so I want a clean solution. &nbsp; The requirements are: 1) Be able to specify the output printer. 2) Set the quantity to print. 3) Specify the file to print. 4) Function returns when printing is complete 5) Silent operation, that means no popup boxes. &nbsp; Any help is appreciated. ...

Printing with AS400 in different subnets
Hi all, I'm not a AS400 specialist, but inherited a system with a company buyout. We have Linux servers and workstations, plus some windows workstations. The AS400 is now installed and working happily in our network. It also prints as it should on a printer (IBM NP17) in the same subnet (10.9.8.0/255.255.255.0). We have a VPN on Linux basis between two office buildings. The other subnet (10.9.7.0/255.255.255.0) where some users work in the stores also needs to print out from the AS400 to a printer (also an IBM NP17) in their subnet (office). Logged in with a client session in this other subnet that the AS400 is in (10.9.7.0/255.255.255.0), I can ping the printer from the AS400 with the command " ping '10.9.7.3' ". So the ping goes through the VPN and is returned by the printer to the AS400. When the AS400 prints, it moans that the printer is not switched on. I also added the printer name PRT02 to the host and routing table in the AS400. Why can I ping a printer but it won't print? When I use the same printer defined in the AS400 in its own subnet, it works. Just changing the same printer configuration to the other subnet does not work. We also copied the printer and queue definitions to another printer and queue PRT11 and just changed the IP addresses; to no avail. Why? All other windows systems can print on the printer. Are there some AS5400 peculiarities I should know of? Any ideas welcome. :-) LandSr Should be a plain routing issue. Ping is I...

Web resources about - PDF Document printing from the AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The provider of the documents, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett , claims to have burned the originals after faxing copies to CBS. CBS News producer Mary ...

New CSIRO document reveals scale of planned cuts to climate programs
... science units planned to slash four out of five researchers, all but eliminating its monitoring and climate modelling research, a new document ...

New CSIRO document reveals scale of planned cuts to climate programs
... science units planned to slash four out of five researchers, all but eliminating its monitoring and climate modelling research, a new document ...

Meizu PRO 6 Could Cost $462, According To A Leaked Document
Meizu PRO 6 has been leaking left and right in the last couple of weeks. Meizu’s upcoming flagship was expected to be announced in the third ...

Chelsea Manning: Insider Threat document shows US government employees are under surveillance
The US government is busy putting thousands of its own employees under 'permanent surveillance' according to a document obtained by Chelsea Manning. ...

Tax planning: Time to rush - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets Magazine Widgets ...
With March 31 approaching fast, most employees should ideally have given all their tax planning proof to their respective companies. If you have ...

Documents the Hulk Hogan jury didn't get to see
Recently unsealed documents in the Hulk Hogan case may bolster Gawker's appeal of the $115 million verdict.

City's PR firm must turn over documents in police shooting
... (AP) — A public relations firm hired by a South Carolina city after one of its officers shot an unarmed teen to death has to turn over documents ...

DHS Blows Off Senate Demand For Smeared Whistleblower Documents
DHS Blows Off Senate Demand For Smeared Whistleblower Documents

Government documents reveal Dyson is making an electric car
There might come a time when the image of a vacuum isn't the first thing that pops into your head whenever someone says "Dyson." It seems the ...