Printer IBM 6400 running Ethernet

Hi:

Which is the settings to connect a printer IBM 6400 in a OS400 trough
Ethernet?

I wish the settings for the printer ant the settings for the profile in
OS400

Thanks.

Jes�s Moreno
Spain

* Jes=FAs Moreno <jmonteverdenoquierenada@ono.com>:
> Which is the settings to connect a printer IBM 6400 in a OS400 trough=20
> Ethernet?

Depends. What options does your IBM 6400 have? Does it have the
IPDS option?
0
lb-lists (50)
1/23/2007 1:15:10 PM
I think not. I Have two IBM 6400 models: 6400-010 and 6400-P10.
I have seen the settings and I don't found those option.

Thanks.

"Lukas Beeler" <lb-lists@projectdream.org> escribi� en el mensaje
* Jes�s Moreno <jmonteverdenoquierenada@ono.com>:
> Which is the settings to connect a printer IBM 6400 in a OS400 trough
> Ethernet?

Depends. What options does your IBM 6400 have? Does it have the
IPDS option?

Here is a devd from a running 6400 ethernet attached :

CRTDEVPRT DEVD(PRT6400A) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(*IPDS) MODEL(0) +

          LANATTACH(*IP) AFP(*YES) PORT(5001) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(011 +

          *NONE) FORMFEED(*CONT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) +

          MSGQ(*CTLD) ACTTMR(170) IMGCFG(*NONE) MAXPNDRQS(6) +

          PRTCVT(*YES) PRTRQSTMR(*NOMAX) FORMDF(*LIBL/F1C10110) +

          CHRID(*SYSVAL) RMTLOCNAME('192.168.48.209') +

          USRDFNOBJ(PITLIB/PRT6400AP *PSFCFG) DEPLOCNAME(*NONE) +

          PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK +

          (*UNKNOWN))

Hope it helps...

Greetings
Marc
0
hb9cpw1 (18)
1/24/2007 12:37:18 PM
I found the clp which made the configuration of a 6400.
This is more complete.....

PGM

  VRYCFG     CFGOBJ(PRT6400A) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*OFF)
  MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)
  DLTPSFCFG  PSFCFG(PITLIB/PRT6400AP) /* PSF +
               Konfiguration */
  MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)

  DLTDEVD    DEVD(PRT6400A)
  MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)

  CRTPSFCFG  PSFCFG(PITLIB/PRT6400AP) IPDSPASTHR(*YES) +
               ACTRLSTMR(*NORDYF) RLSTMR(*SEC15) +
               RETRY(2) RETRYDLY(0) TEXT(IBM6400) +
               PAGSIZCTL(*YES)

   CRTDEVPRT  DEVD(PRT6400A) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(*IPDS) +
                MODEL(0) LANATTACH(*IP) AFP(*YES) +
                PORT(5001) FONT(011) FORMFEED(*CONT) +
                RMTLOCNAME('192.168.48.209') +
                USRDFNOBJ(PITLIB/PRT6400AP *PSFCFG)

   VRYCFG     CFGOBJ(PRT6400A) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)

   ENDPGM
0
hb9cpw1 (18)
1/24/2007 12:42:41 PM
Than you, Marc. Y'll try this setting.

Greetings

"Marc" <hb9cpw@SPAMSUCKS.gmx.ch> escribi� en el mensaje
>I found the clp which made the configuration of a 6400.
> This is more complete.....
>
> PGM
>
>  VRYCFG     CFGOBJ(PRT6400A) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*OFF)
>  MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)
>  DLTPSFCFG  PSFCFG(PITLIB/PRT6400AP) /* PSF +
>               Konfiguration */
>  MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)
>
>  DLTDEVD    DEVD(PRT6400A)
>  MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)
>
>  CRTPSFCFG  PSFCFG(PITLIB/PRT6400AP) IPDSPASTHR(*YES) +
>               ACTRLSTMR(*NORDYF) RLSTMR(*SEC15) +
>               RETRY(2) RETRYDLY(0) TEXT(IBM6400) +
>               PAGSIZCTL(*YES)
>
>   CRTDEVPRT  DEVD(PRT6400A) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(*IPDS) +
>                MODEL(0) LANATTACH(*IP) AFP(*YES) +
>                PORT(5001) FONT(011) FORMFEED(*CONT) +
>                RMTLOCNAME('192.168.48.209') +
>                USRDFNOBJ(PITLIB/PRT6400AP *PSFCFG)
>
>   VRYCFG     CFGOBJ(PRT6400A) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
>
>   ENDPGM

Hi:

I have created DEV and PSF, but the reports state remain as PND (pendient).
How I can find out if my printer 6400 have the IPDS option?

How I can modify the configuration if it haven�t?

In my IBM 6400, the port is 3001, therefore my parameter PORT in CRTDEVPRT
was 3001. Is important this difference?

Thanks

Go to the v5r4 or v5r3 iSeries Information Center website and follow the
configuration information under the printing category.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp

--
Rodney A Johnson
Technical Team Lead for i5/OS (AS/400) Spool

my employer, IBM.  All responsibility for the statements
sender.
0
rodjohns (130)

IBM 6400 PRINTER Parallel to Ethernet
I have a 6400 printer with a parallel port only. I also have several HP 170X print servers. Has anyone used such an external server to LAN attach a 6400 printer to their AS/400? IBM solution is too expensive. Thanks in advance. On 2005-07-27, Drussel <drussel@isr-in.com> wrote: > I have a 6400 printer with a parallel port only. I also have several HP > 170X > print servers. Has anyone used such an external server to LAN attach a 6400 > printer to their AS/400? IBM solution is too expensive. We have a print server attached to a 6400, its not an HP 170X. I can't re...

Replacing IBM 6400 Printer With A Network Laser Printer
We are currently using a IBM 6400 printer for most of our reports. We are thinking about switching are main reports over to print on a laser printer. The question that I have is what would be the best option. Requirements Drawer 1 - 8X11 Drawer 2 = 11X17 Overlay Printing Compatible with AS/400 V5R4 On Aug 6, 10:44=A0am, bneal69 <bnea...@gmail.com> wrote: > We are currently using a IBM 6400 printer for most of our reports. =A0We > are thinking about switching are main reports over to print on a laser > printer. > > The question that I have is what would be the best opti...

IBM 6400 Printers
Hey All, I have some amazing deals on IBM 6400 printers. If you want to look at the spec's and features goto www.starprint.com and look under IBM => INDUSTRIAL PRINTERS. I can even go lower that the prices on the web. I also have features as well. Email me at ehecht@starprint.com for more *special* pricing and availability. "H bomb 2k" <hbomb2k@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030716100221.06310.00000005@mb-m03.aol.com... > Hey All, > > I have some amazing deals [snip] Please do not spam comp.periphs.printers. Comp.periphs.printers is not a forsale group. - Bob Headrick ...

IBM 6400 printer
We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you have a outq with multiple "RDY" spoolfiles and the printer is printing. If you press Stop to remove some paper work from the back. When you press Ready the print never restarts printing. The current print spoolfile with show "WTR" in the outq but never prints. You can Hold the current spoolfile and the next spoolfile will start printing. Has anyone else had a similiar problem with a 6400 printer. Thanks On Jun 24, 8:44=A0am, eb <emc...@yahoo.com> wrote: > We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you h...

IBM 6400 Printers
Good day, I am new to configuring and setting up printers on the AS400(power7). Can some one help me with the different ways the 6400 printer can be set up? The one i am familiar with it the client access set up(this is where the a connection is made with the printer and the icon is created on the user computer, which allows them to manage the printer and their print jobs.) I would like to know what other ways this printer can be set up so that it can still print from the AS400 by any user. thank you. -- Kadz101 http://compgroups.net/comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc/ On Tue, 29 ...

Auction: IBM MCA ETHERNET OLICOM OC-2335 10/100 NIC + IBM 07L6601 10/100 ETHERNET NIC (9-K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270188158494 BIN US $49.95 or Best Offer End time: Nov-27-07 17:00:00 PST (9 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States, Canada Item location: New Jersey, United States these items are used, sold "as is" without any support disk or documentation No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:36:18 +0100, JWR wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270188158494 I got them NIB for $20 here. -- CL -> http://tinyurl.com/2zqgly For email correspondence. +----------------------------------------------+ | Charles Lasitter | Address, Mail / Ship: | | 401/728-1987 | 14 Cooke St | | see^tinyurl>4email | Pawtucket RI 02860-6114 | +----------------------------------------------+ Hi Charles, "Charles Lasitter" <invalid@invalid.invalid> schreef in bericht news:b2kuzpboy92z$.dlg@ncdm.com... > On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:36:18 +0100, JWR wrote: > >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270188158494 > > I got them NIB for $20 here. Make a "best offer" and you can have some used ones too . . . ;-) > -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki ...

IBM 6400 printer configuration
Hi I will receive a new IBM 6400 printer with following features: 6400-I15 LINE MATRIX PRINTER 6400-5861 Ethernet IPDS (with NIC) for Does anybody have attached this printer with ethernet and could make a RTVCFGSRC for me ?? Greetings Marc "Marc HB9CPW" <hb9cpw@gmx.ch> wrote in message news:42c25311$1_1@news.bluewin.ch... > Hi > > I will receive a new IBM 6400 printer with following features: > 6400-I15 LINE MATRIX PRINTER > 6400-5861 Ethernet IPDS (with NIC) for > > Does anybody have attached this printer with ethernet and could make a > RTVCFGS...

Auction: IBM 5360 Mainframe and IBM 5225 Printer
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-5360-Mainframe-and-IBM-5225-Printer_W0QQitemZ130041937602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-04-06 10:44:14 PST Hutchinson, Kansas Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 monitors, three keyboards. Louis Ohland wrote: > Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 > monitors, three keyboards. As you would expect, each keyboard mates with one of the 5251 displays. It's easy to tell which display was the system console (the badly burned-in one on top) and which was th...

IBM 6400 Printer Best Configuration
We have a new IBM 6400 printer connected via tcp/ip. What's the best way to set up the outq / print device on this thing. I have it working, but I don't get any current-page-printing info, and it's nearly impossible to get it to set a page range for printing. I suspect we need the IPDS option on the printer for this stuff to work, but I'm not really sure. Anybody ? Thanks ! DLD Oh I forgot to mention that we DO HAVE psf/400 on the system already. Thanks, > We have a new IBM 6400 printer connected via tcp/ip. > > What's the best way to set up the o...

problem with setting the ibm 6400 printer
I have a ibm 6400 printer. Can somebody help me with an idea how can i set up the printer to print from as400. The printer is set as ethernet ascii printer with an ip 10.0.101.253. We have leased line to an as400 platform. As400 is not in our netowrk. I recall a customer a few years back using a leased line and LPR (Remote output queue) to send spooled files to a LAN attached printer. The problem was when someone would shut off the printer at the remote site, the remote writer automatically retries sending (indefinitely). This kept the leased line open, thus the cost of operation was ra...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Has anyone connected an IBM 6400 line printer to an e3000?
Has anyone connected an IBM 6400 line printer to an e3000? If so, any tips? PrintPath is available :>) Gary Jackson QSS * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

user ibm printer / model 6400
Not used very much, Including 6 boxes listingpaper and 12 print-ribbons. Price: 500 Euros. ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

IBM AS400

IBM 6400 printer
I get error "089 ribbon stall." I removed and cleaned the shuttle and the ribbon guide yet it still stalls after a few seconds. I replaced the ribbon twice and use only IBM ribbons. Any idea what it could be? Possibly a drive associated with the ribbon mechanism? Or??? Anyone have the manual? On 25 Nov 2006 16:56:44 -0800, "lizz9911@yahoo.com" <lizz9911@yahoo.com> wrote: >I get error "089 ribbon stall." I removed and cleaned the shuttle and >the ribbon guide yet it still stalls after a few seconds. I replaced >the ribbon twice and use ...

IBM
It frightens me that IBM is pushing for more Linux. They have gone to the point of releasing some of their software patents to help spark the growth of Linux. I for one shudder at the fact that some day companies like IBM may make a power play for the control of Linux software development. It will not be in ownership rights, because of the GPL. However, if the corporations of the world start "needing" open source, they will try to control and steer its development by offering large "donations" to get what they are depending on. If open source developers accept these &qu...

IBM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=business ...

IBM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=business On Mar 6, 10:46=A0am, ibm.su...@ibm.com wrote: > http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=3Dbusiness And this surprises you how? Look, there are a couple of things at play here... First, in S&D, there have been a lot of acquisitions and when you assume a company, you assume their sales force. So you have some overlap. You also have a constant churn in the field reps as you remove weaker workers. Of course the inept management stays put. ;-) I can say more about S&D, but do you really want a lecture on the economies of running an IT Software company? ;-) The point is while I know a lot of people in the S&D ranks who got whacked, I'm not shocked by it. The other cuts? Now that's a different story... With respect to the other RIFs, you have a serious issue where IBM is displacing the work from higher labor cost countries to lower cost workforces. How can you say that there isn't 'job shifting' when you get a person who does job X in the US and is replaced by someone doing job X in another country like India and Brazil? A few years ago, IBM moved a lot of their back office work to Brazil. Very painful in terms of getting things done. Not really noticed by the customer and the S&D team just lumped it and worked around the issues. IBM? They saved money, increasing their profitability at the expense of their ability to...

ibm
I'm Matthew Win Tibbals, pedophile. http://www.matthewtibbals.com ...

IBM
hi, could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for free download. If not what are my options (Indian with regional lingo also good) for free download of the afore via-voice software varios zenacosta@gmail.com wrote: > could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for > free download. Never (to my knowledge) was it legally available for free download. It's currently distributed by Nuance. -- Hubert Cr�py ...

IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. http://www-306.ibm.com/)
Hi everyone, one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ ^^^^ |||| please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead quote it like this: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, to which an original HTTP request without such a "-###" has been routed automatically. Usually, the routing will be st...

Strange behavior of IBM 6400 Line Printer via TCPIP from AIX 5.1 (LPAR)
I hope I can find a solution to this maddening printer interface. I am working with a 6400i series printer that has an internal "Printronix" Ethernet interface. Printer set up is with nothing but IP address and net mask on the same subnet as the server printing to it. No processing of any type (raw for all queues) is set on the printer. Printer seems to go off the network when I send a second job to it after a reset; all TCP access (ping, telnet, ftp, and http) is dead until I reset the printer. The processing light is on when it is in the state, but it never prints anything (it m...

AS400 runs, and runs, and runs
A friend went to a conference last week. One of the speakers said they went to a location as a consultant to review their systems and suggest possible upgrades. The consultants found the file servers but they couldn't find any physical device that was actually performing the daily business task. After a day of searching and tracing cables they had maintenance rip the drywall from an interior wall. Behind the drywall was a closet door, in the closet was an AS400. None of the current employees knew the AS400 existed. It had been buried inside a closet for at least 5 years, but it was stil...

Web resources about - Printer IBM 6400 running Ethernet - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Gigabit Ethernet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer networking , Gigabit Ethernet ( GbE or 1 GigE ) is a term describing various technologies for transmitting Ethernet frames at a rate ...

Metro Ethernet (@MetroEthernet) on Twitter

Ethernet Alliance
The Ethernet Alliance is a global community that includes system vendors, component vendors, end users, industry experts and university and government ...

Ethernet Cable - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... his laptop and Xbox at the same time because the university only provides a wired network in study bedrooms. So today I bought a small Ethernet ...

Bit-banging Ethernet on an ATTiny85 - YouTube
NOTE: I have done significantly better. Check out my half-duplex project here!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4f4OzEyueg NOTE: As has been ...

Apple confirms OS X update broke Ethernet port on some Macs, here’s how to fix
If Apple hasn’t yet made the Ethernet network port on your Mac obsolete by not including it, as is the case with most Macs sold today, then it ...

ASUS Launches Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly for Skylake, includes 10G Ethernet Card
... part from this launch comes in the bundle, which includes a front panel audio DAC (connecting into a USB header) but also a 10G Ethernet card. ...

Inateck USB hub and Ethernet adapter improves ultrabooks' usability
... end panel, and connects via a standard USB socket. The HB4103 offers three USB ports on top as before, but the end panel now carries an Ethernet ...

Killer Amazon deal: Get ethernet speeds in your house without installing a single ethernet port
... your house or apartment and can't make any significant changes, or if you just don't want to deal with the hassle and expense of running ethernet ...

Cree Announces SmartCast Power Over Ethernet To Enable Internet of Things
Leading lighting provider Cree has introduced SmartCast Power over Ethernet, a new way to power lighting and enable the Internet of Things. Cree’s ...