Printing AS400 to Windows Server 2003

I have presently a number of printers on my AS400 printing to shared
printers on a Windows 2000 Server.  This setup has been working fine
for many years.  I am installing a new print server and using Server
2003 on the new server.  I cannot successfully get the files to spool
form the 400 to Server 2003.  I have the same shared names on my 2000
server as my 2003 server (all simple short names, no weird characters)
and if I simply change the IP address back to the 2000 server, they
print fine.  The setup of the printers on the two servers is
identical.  The windows firewall is disabled so that is not an issue.
TCP and the Print Spooler service are on the 2003 server and running/
configured.  I am getting no errors on either the AS400 logs or the
Windows Server logs.  I contacted IBM and they confirmed that the
AS400 setup was correct and they did a trace from the AS400 and they
said the request to print is being rejected by the Windows Server and
offered no help beyond that.
Has anyone had any similar problems with 2003 server?  If so, how did
you solve?
Thanks in advance for you help.

il 05/10/2007 18.15, Scrive BobLindemannInCa@gmail.com 40391552:
> I have presently a number of printers on my AS400 printing to shared
> printers on a Windows 2000 Server.  This setup has been working fine
> for many years.  I am installing a new print server and using Server
> 2003 on the new server.  I cannot successfully get the files to spool
> form the 400 to Server 2003.  I have the same shared names on my 2000
> server as my 2003 server (all simple short names, no weird characters)
> and if I simply change the IP address back to the 2000 server, they
> print fine.  The setup of the printers on the two servers is
> identical.  The windows firewall is disabled so that is not an issue.
> TCP and the Print Spooler service are on the 2003 server and running/
> configured.  I am getting no errors on either the AS400 logs or the
> Windows Server logs.  I contacted IBM and they confirmed that the
> AS400 setup was correct and they did a trace from the AS400 and they
> said the request to print is being rejected by the Windows Server and
> offered no help beyond that.
> Has anyone had any similar problems with 2003 server?  If so, how did
> you solve?
> Thanks in advance for you help.

If windows rejected you should find the reason in windows event logs

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside
Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda

Don't forget to change the service from manual startup to automatic, if you
install the software then the first time
the service is started, after a reboot it won't.

<BobLindemannInCa@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
>I solved this problem this afternoon.  If anyone else comes across
> this post trying to solve this problem, here is the solution.  I
> needed to install 'print services for unix' on the windows server.
> Windows server 2003 no longer comes with LPD installed by default,
> they are part of 'Print Services for Unix'.  This will install a new
> service called 'TCP/IP Print Server' in your windows services.  After
> installing, it work just like new!

0
Erik

as400 print que on windows 2003
I have quoted this text from another message. It is exactly the same problem I am having. We have an AS/400 that is currently printing to a Windows 2000 box using a remote outq. It basically sends an LPR request to a printer share on the windows 2000 box. This works fine. I am trying to set up a second print server, this time using Windows 2003. I change what IP address the AS/400 is sending the print to and have the printers and shares the same but the Windows 2003 box rejects the request. A look at the event log gives this information for each attempt to print: The description for Event ID ( 4008 ) in Source ( LPDSVC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE=3D flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: \\192.168.210.146\test, 192.168.3.1 Any help would be greatly appreciated.=20 Reply =BB Shaun Sounds like the Like the LPD service on you windows server is not loaded, stopped or busted. Checked the TCP Print Services service is loaded, running & that the print queue specified on the OUTQ exists on the Windows 2003 server (preferably with no spaces or special characters in the name as this can cause problems) Good luck shaun.guanco@gmail.com wrote: > I have quoted this text from another message. It is exactly the same > probl...

FTP Problem from AS400 to Windows server 2003 IIS 6.0
Hello, we use to transfert files from AS400 to Windows server 2003 and it works fine with files size <= 1 meg. But sometimes we have to transfert files size between 10 to 20 megs. It works very well, it means it transfered the data but we never receive the confirmation from the remote host ( server window 2003 )here is the log : "Enter an FTP subcommand. put mebug mebugp (file size 1 meg) 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,129,113,249,19,142). 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting. 226 Transfer complete. 920808 bytes transferred in 4.904 seconds. Transfer rate 187.755 KB Enter an FTP subcommand. put mesoup mesoup(file size is 16meg) 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,129,113,249,19,143). 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting. No response from remote host; all connections closed." What we must do!!!! please Look at your CHGFTPA settings. Also, are these bat files your running or some kind of script, does it have delays in it maybe. ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

FTP between AS400 and windows server
Hello, I'd like to execute a bat file which is on my windows server from my AS400 with an ftp command. Is it possible and if yes which command should I enter on my AS400. Best regards, If you have CA/400 loaded on the server I think you can use RUNRMTCMD to run a job on the Windows server. If you're open to a commercial solution, take a look at our iSeries Office Integrator software. You can run PC jobs, execute MS Word mail merges, launch web sites and more. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 and iSeries Report and Data Delivery Experts" Email: richard@rjssoftware.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com "zebute" <esaulodes@m6net.fr> wrote in message news:ba6d8cb9.0401210205.3b570995@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I'd like to execute a bat file which is on my windows server from my > AS400 with an ftp command. > Is it possible and if yes which command should I enter on my AS400. > > Best regards, Hllo ! DO "toto.txt" with open namesys or ip adress user xxxx >>> syntax of user and pass no sure see ftp documentation pass xxxx .......put ...get.... After you call in dos command : FTP toto.txt Tomorrow i send one exemple "zebute" <esaulodes@m6net.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:ba6d8cb9.0401210205.3b570995@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I'd like to execute a bat file which is on my windows server from my > AS400 wi...

Printing from an AS400 to a Windows or Unix printer
Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer connections? If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some of the options? Thanks. Hi, Check out Brooks Internet Software, www.brooksnet.com for some very good yet reasonable LPR/LPD products supporting AS/400. Larry T. The Praetorian <mlutgen@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a > windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer > connections? Yes. Remote output queues send out print jobs as lpr/lpd jobs. You need to have the AS/400 configured to send to the right lpd queue, and the remote system must accept lpd jobs from the AS/400. I gather that CRTDEVPRT is better than remote output queues, but haven't had a version of OS/400 that provided it to try. If the remote system is Windows XP Pro, you can load the "Print Services For Unix" package to give it a (weak) lpd server. This is likely to have a high suckage factor. I've used FreeBSD with very good results. > If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some > of the options? Thanks. I've posted a few AS/400 remote output queue definitions here over the last few years. Do a groups.google.com search on my email address and "AS400". -- Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA ...

Windows 2003 Terminal Server Printing issue
We are having an issue with an HP 4350 printer in a Windows 2003 terminal server session. We recently added the 500 page tray as tray 3. We reconfigured the printer on the server and all the clients see it on their local machines. However, when they logon to the Windows 2003 terminal server the printer redirects but the 3rd tray is shown as "Not Installed". We are utterly stumped at this. If anyone has seen a similar situation and knows of a fix please contact me. Thank you, Scott Abel scott@mortgageit.com ...

AS400 Data Access from a Windows 2K web server
I need to create an order inquiry application that will run on our website. The application will need to join information from our AS400 with data from the SQL Server 2000 database we use for most of our web applications. This is our first application that will be accessing the AS400 to retrieve information, and the method used will be the basis for all future applications of this type. So, it is important that we use the best option available. Our website is hosted on Windows 2000 Servers using ASP pages written with VBScript and served using IIS. The only database we currently use on the website is a SQL Server 2000 database. We use COM+ objects written in VB to perform most database access although we do use ADODB connections directly in the ASP pages at times. From the research I have done so far, it appears the best method is to create stored procedures on the AS400 that will be used via an ADODB connection from the web pages or COM+ objects. I would appreciate any advice you may have. Hi Evan, You don't need stored procedures. You can run SQL against an AS/400 database almost the same as against an SQL Server 2000 database. The only restriction is that you have to install Client Access on the server. You even can run AS/400 commands if you like. If you need some samples let me know. Regards, Jan "Evan" <ebinri@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:7bb05a90.0407140342.4914dab5@posting.google.com... > I need to create an order inquiry app...

AS400 QNTC and Windows 2003 R2 (SMB Signing)
I am having a problem using WRKLNK accessing directories on a 2003 R2 domain controller. I can access my other 2003 servers that are not domain controllers that have SMB signing turned off, but when I attempt to turn it off on the DC I lose network connectivity on that server. Any ideas ? IBM is examining my trace files at the writing of this message. ...

Printing on a Windows Terminal 2003 Server with Notes 6.5
Hello, when I try to print on a Windows Terminal 2003 Server with Notes 6.5 no printers appear in the printig dialoge. I found out the following. Starting Notes, trying to print with regmon running, regmon logs this: 1 148.49681091 nlnotes.exe:3376 QueryKey HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Devices BUFFER OVERFLOW 2 148.49684143 nlnotes.exe:3376 EnumerateValueHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices NO MORE ENTRIES I compared the keys, below "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Devices" all devices are listed for adm...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 Printing
Hello, I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into the right direction. Thanks, Shannon Go to Knowledge Base. http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase Search for "tray" or "drawer". Do some experimenting. Default drawer in a spoolfile is "1". In which tray does that end up? Change a spoolfile to Drawer 2, 3 or even 4 to see if it ends up in the other trays. If you find Spoolfile Drawer Values which fits your needs then all you have to do is change the printerfiles with formtype A4 to a specific Drawer and all the other printerfiles to another Drawer. Or you mean you want this function only on this HP 4200? Then we have to think some more... -- Bengt "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:Dd3xc.55036$Np3.2437225@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hello, > > I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. > How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 > automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with > formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? > > Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into th...

IBM AS400

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

AS400 as SQL Server Linked server
Hi, I'm trying to set up DB2 on AS400 as a linked server on SQL Server. Everything works ok, but, when I try to run an UPDATE, it gives me an error (OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowsetChange::SetData returned 0x80004005). I've searched a lot on the internet, I've tried some solutions but without success. I'm using SQLServer 2000 and Client Access 5 release 1. Is there any solution or workaround ? Thanks in advance Massimo ...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

mail server on windows server 2003
Hi Gurus I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following: 1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com) using the pop3 method. 2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to - send emails from their outlook program - receive emails in their outlook program - send emails locally (without going through our ISP) to other people who are connected to the server (e.g. from Jo to Mike who are both connected to the server domain). My questions are: 1. can MS Windows Server do this, OR 2. would you recommend a program f...

Windows 2003 server Wireless lan driver for IBM ThinkPad R51
Hi, I've tried to install the Wireless driver for Windows XP on an IBM ThinkPad model R51 (type 2887-K2G), but the installation program shows the message: ERROR - OS Section not found in INI file [iProInst.ini] and exits. Unfortunately it is not possible from the IBM driver downloads to download drivers for Windows 2003 server (the automatic driver download/install software does not help either). If anyone knows howto hack the iProInst.ini file (or any other tips and tricks) to install the driver then please let me know! Best regards Thomas Thomas, did you find a workaround? I am trying the same thing wih a Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2 regards, Baltico MCP hyldgaard@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I've tried to install the Wireless driver for Windows XP on an IBM > ThinkPad model R51 (type 2887-K2G), but the installation program shows > the message: > > ERROR - OS Section not found in INI file [iProInst.ini] > > and exits. > > Unfortunately it is not possible from the IBM driver downloads to > download drivers for Windows 2003 server (the automatic driver > download/install software does not help either). > > If anyone knows howto hack the iProInst.ini file (or any other tips and > tricks) to install the driver then please let me know! > > Best regards > Thomas I finally made it. First Download the driver from Intel http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=&DwnldID=7822&a...

About print file to AIX4.3.3 from remote client. (windows or as400)
Hi, Are there anyone can help me to solve this problem? There are some problem occur when I test the print function at AIX4.3.3. 1. The AIX 4.3.3 will be the printer server. 2. The print client are windwos2000 and AS400. I create a printer queue with backend program. The /etc/qconfig config are as following : -------------------------------------------------------- p2f: device = p2fdev up = TRUE p2fdev: backend = /usr/lib/lpd/p2fbe /report/queue --------------------------------------------------------- After I created the print queue and device, I test it ok with ...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't know for sure. If it installs, it may still noe be supported. For SQL 2000 you need SP3 to run on Win 2003. That I know. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp ...

Windows server 2003 small business server
Hello, I have installed SBS but am having problems with remote connectivity and firewalls. I am looking for an expert or someone who is quite familiar with the Small Business Server 2003. Am willing to pay for consulting if needed. Thanks shri please reply to shri at bthelpers.com (replace the at) ...

SQL Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003
I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this SQL server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the databases in the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my applications work fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases visible in Enterprise Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in Enterprise Manager under Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. Nothing works. Can anybody help? df (df@df.com) writes: > I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this > SQL server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the > databases in the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my > applications work fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases > visible in Enterprise Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in > Enterprise Manager under Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. I have no idea, but my guess is that you registered as a user that does not have permission to these databases, and not as a user that has admin priviledges. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp df wrote: > I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this SQL > server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the databases in > the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my applications work &g...

Windows Server 2003 as file server slow?
I have setup the following: Server - Windows 2003 server standard edition, 2GB Ram, 1000BT network card PC - Windows XP, 1GB Ram, 1000BT network card Notebook - WIndows XP, 768MB Ram, 100BT network (build in) All three are connected to an 8 port gigabit switch which is connected to a Broadband Router/FW device which connects to an ADSL modem to connect to the internet. * All three computers have setup network shares. * user on the Server initiates file copy to PC shared drive: very fast * user on the Server initiates file copy from PC shared drive: very fast * user on PC initiate...

Web resources about - Printing AS400 to Windows Server 2003 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing box in this matching game
... path in Linken, an elegant puzzler or Meteors are falling, dont get squished in Danger Dodgers . Mr Plumbum Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing ...

Make your own 'Ghostbusters' trap via 3D printing
When ghosts go bump in the night, will you have the right equipment to bust them? Make this replica ghost trap from the original "Ghostbusters" ...

Europe To Use 3D Printing To Build Permanent Moon Base By 2030
Europe To Use 3D Printing To Build Permanent Moon Base By 2030

Tokyo students develop architectural 3D-printing pen
A group of University of Tokyo students overseen by architect Kengo Kuma have developed a 3D-printing pen that can be used to create complex ...

Barclays' 'MakerSpaces' offer 3D printing to local businesses
The worlds of banking and technology intersect at many points, but you'd hardly consider 3D printing a shared interest. In Barclays' "MakerSpaces," ...

3D Printing Your Own Braces Works, Is a Terrible Idea
At the age of nine, I became the first kid in my elementary school class to get braces. They did their job, but by the time I left college, I’d ...

Join Us at the Greatest 3D Printing Festival on Planet Earth
Winter is hanging on like clinical depression, which means it’s that time again for the greatest 3D-printing festival on the planet Earth. It’s ...

3-D Printing: Gigi The Macaw Gets First-Ever Titanium Prosthetic Beak (PHOTOS)
Gigi the macaw is the first-ever recipient of the world's first 3-D-printed titanium beak.

Archinaut, A 3D Printing Robot To Make Big Structures In Space
Historically, the only way to get anything into orbit has been by rocket; a process that is massively expensive, cumbersome, and presents a slew ...