Hello all,

I'm working on a program that needs to send a print job to a printer
connected to an AS/400. I've tried using the SpooledFileOutputStream
and I've also tried using one of the SCS Writer classes. Neither
solution is working. With the SpooledFileOutputStream I am at least
able to create my print file, but when my program ends, the file is
still not being printed.

This program does not run on the AS400, it runs on a PC and connects to
the AS400 via the toolkit classes. I know this part works as I am able
to use the toolkit to access Data Queues, Files and Data Areas without
a problem.

Is there anyplace anyone can point me to see some examples of how to
print a file using the AS400 Java Toolkit?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck

Chuck,

What printer data stream is used? or how was the printer data generated?

I am wondering if the data stream being generated matches the data
stream of the printer connected to the iSeries? What printer is attached
to the iSeries and how is it configured?

The iSeries info center has some Toolbox examples:

Programming>Java>IBM Toolbox for Java>IBM Toolbox for Java Classes>
Access Classes>Print>Creating...

Dave

Chuck wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm working on a program that needs to send a print job to a printer
> connected to an AS/400. I've tried using the SpooledFileOutputStream
> and I've also tried using one of the SCS Writer classes. Neither
> solution is working. With the SpooledFileOutputStream I am at least
> able to create my print file, but when my program ends, the file is
> still not being printed.
>
> This program does not run on the AS400, it runs on a PC and connects to
> the AS400 via the toolkit classes. I know this part works as I am able
> to use the toolkit to access Data Queues, Files and Data Areas without
> a problem.
>
> Is there anyplace anyone can point me to see some examples of how to
> print a file using the AS400 Java Toolkit?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chuck

0
dbmurray9 (9)

Web resources about - Printing on AS400 via IBM AS400 Java Toolkit - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only Date: February 13 2016 London: Britain's ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Why is the UK still printing its laws on vellum?
After a U-turn, the UK government is to continue printing and storing its laws on vellum. Shouldn't it go digital?

Stratasys Partners with Adobe to Broaden Adoption of 3D Printing with New Color Experience and Simplified ...
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), the 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions company, today announced that it has taken color 3D printing ...

Kids can easily make their own toys with 3D printing
This year's must-have toy: a machine to make your own toy. Mattel's ThingMaker is a kid-safe 3D printer, and the 3Doodler Start Pen won't burn ...

Printing Human Tissue? Why Not?
Six years ago in Washington, DC, a State Department security SUV made an illegal left turn and struck me as I crossed the street. My tibial plateau ...

Study shows some 3D printing fumes can be harmful
If you do a lot of 3D printing and are worried about the fumes, you may want to read a new study from US and French researchers. It measured ...

3D Printing Used To Create 4D Flowers That Change Shape Over Time
With Valentine’s Day just two weeks away, science really is upping the stakes in exactly which flowers to buy your loved one on this Hallmark ...