f



Printing to Nashua printers from iSeries AS400

Hi,

I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to
NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage
so far. Does anybody recognize this problem
and is there a solution?

Thanx
0
7/31/2003 11:18:32 AM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

8 Replies
609 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

Hi Willem

Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. 

Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550
Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes

What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations
How do you want to connect it to your as400?  (LAN/IP, par on
Workstation, par on PC, Twinax )

Daniel



On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
Weerdt) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to
>NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage
>so far. Does anybody recognize this problem
>and is there a solution?
>
>Thanx

0
7/31/2003 1:38:28 PM
Hi Daniel,

I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and
I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port.
Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something
like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer,
without success. Well I think I tried everything possible.

thanx



Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>...
> Hi Willem
> 
> Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. 
> 
> Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550
> Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes
> 
> What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations
> How do you want to connect it to your as400?  (LAN/IP, par on
> Workstation, par on PC, Twinax )
> 
> Daniel
> 
> 
> 
> On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
> Weerdt) wrote:
> 
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to
> >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage
> >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem
> >and is there a solution?
> >
> >Thanx
0
8/1/2003 7:14:40 AM
Willem

If you re not sure about the port it uses you could try it via LPR

CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QGPL/PRTNASHUA) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) RMTPRTQ(RAW) 
    AUTOSTRWTR(1) CNNTYPE(*IP) DESTTYPE(*OTHER)         
    MFRTYPMDL(*HP4) INTNETADR('192.168.1.1')            
    DESTOPT('XAIX XAUTOQ') SEPPAGE(*NO)                 
    TEXT('Print to Nashua via LPR')           

If this is not working you could still try to use some HP PrintServer
and connect it via par or usb. don t know the price of your printer,
but if it has to work quick, buying some other PrintServer can be
cheaper than searching for hours to get a solution.

Daniel



On 1 Aug 2003 00:14:40 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
Weerdt) wrote:

>Hi Daniel,
>
>I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and
>I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port.
>Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something
>like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer,
>without success. Well I think I tried everything possible.
>
>thanx
>
>
>
>Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>...
>> Hi Willem
>> 
>> Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. 
>> 
>> Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550
>> Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes
>> 
>> What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations
>> How do you want to connect it to your as400?  (LAN/IP, par on
>> Workstation, par on PC, Twinax )
>> 
>> Daniel
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
>> Weerdt) wrote:
>> 
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to
>> >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage
>> >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem
>> >and is there a solution?
>> >
>> >Thanx



-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
0
lapin (7)
8/1/2003 3:49:08 PM
>DESTOPT('XAIX XAUTOQ')

What does this do for the LPR printer?

- Bob Comer


"Daniel" <lapin@datacomm.ch_no_spam_please> wrote in message
news:3f2a8940.22227890@news.green.ch...
> Willem
>
> If you re not sure about the port it uses you could try it via LPR
>
> CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QGPL/PRTNASHUA) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) RMTPRTQ(RAW)
>     AUTOSTRWTR(1) CNNTYPE(*IP) DESTTYPE(*OTHER)
>     MFRTYPMDL(*HP4) INTNETADR('192.168.1.1')
>     DESTOPT('XAIX XAUTOQ') SEPPAGE(*NO)
>     TEXT('Print to Nashua via LPR')
>
> If this is not working you could still try to use some HP PrintServer
> and connect it via par or usb. don t know the price of your printer,
> but if it has to work quick, buying some other PrintServer can be
> cheaper than searching for hours to get a solution.
>
> Daniel
>
>
>
> On 1 Aug 2003 00:14:40 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
> Weerdt) wrote:
>
> >Hi Daniel,
> >
> >I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and
> >I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port.
> >Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something
> >like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer,
> >without success. Well I think I tried everything possible.
> >
> >thanx
> >
> >
> >
> >Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message
news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>...
> >> Hi Willem
> >>
> >> Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web.
> >>
> >> Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550
> >> Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes
> >>
> >> What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations
> >> How do you want to connect it to your as400?  (LAN/IP, par on
> >> Workstation, par on PC, Twinax )
> >>
> >> Daniel
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
> >> Weerdt) wrote:
> >>
> >> >Hi,
> >> >
> >> >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to
> >> >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage
> >> >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem
> >> >and is there a solution?
> >> >
> >> >Thanx
>
>
>
> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----


0
bobcomer (51)
8/1/2003 6:19:57 PM
Hi Bob

if you use  COPIES(2)  in your PrintFile it prints copies (normally)

Daniel

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:19:57 -0400, "Robert Comer"
<bobcomer@mindspring.com> wrote:

>>DESTOPT('XAIX XAUTOQ')
>
>What does this do for the LPR printer?
>
>- Bob Comer
>
>
>"Daniel" <lapin@datacomm.ch_no_spam_please> wrote in message
>news:3f2a8940.22227890@news.green.ch...
>> Willem
>>
>> If you re not sure about the port it uses you could try it via LPR
>>
>> CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QGPL/PRTNASHUA) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) RMTPRTQ(RAW)
>>     AUTOSTRWTR(1) CNNTYPE(*IP) DESTTYPE(*OTHER)
>>     MFRTYPMDL(*HP4) INTNETADR('192.168.1.1')
>>     DESTOPT('XAIX XAUTOQ') SEPPAGE(*NO)
>>     TEXT('Print to Nashua via LPR')
>>
>> If this is not working you could still try to use some HP PrintServer
>> and connect it via par or usb. don t know the price of your printer,
>> but if it has to work quick, buying some other PrintServer can be
>> cheaper than searching for hours to get a solution.
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>>
>>
>> On 1 Aug 2003 00:14:40 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
>> Weerdt) wrote:
>>
>> >Hi Daniel,
>> >
>> >I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and
>> >I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port.
>> >Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something
>> >like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer,
>> >without success. Well I think I tried everything possible.
>> >
>> >thanx
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message
>news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>...
>> >> Hi Willem
>> >>
>> >> Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web.
>> >>
>> >> Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550
>> >> Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes
>> >>
>> >> What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations
>> >> How do you want to connect it to your as400?  (LAN/IP, par on
>> >> Workstation, par on PC, Twinax )
>> >>
>> >> Daniel
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
>> >> Weerdt) wrote:
>> >>
>> >> >Hi,
>> >> >
>> >> >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to
>> >> >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage
>> >> >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem
>> >> >and is there a solution?
>> >> >
>> >> >Thanx
>>
>>
>>
>> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
>
>



-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
0
lapin (7)
8/4/2003 5:46:26 AM
Robert, XAIX tells LPR to use the BSD Unix method of mulitple copies.  If
you do not specify, then LPR uses multiple print requests in the control
file (revised RFC 1179).  Since most printers do not support multiple print
requests, if you want copies support you specify XAIX.

XAUTOQ will respool the transformed data if you get a connection error with
the printer.  Because LPR is a CL command, it expects to be invoked only
once and must clean up after itself.  This sort of makes things messy in the
remote writer case.  XAUTOQ was devised to save time in transformation (i.e.
don't have to transform again just because of a printer connection
problem).  The old solution was to have two remote writers.  One to
transform the file, and the second one to send to the printer.  Took a lot
more resources.

If you want more printer like characteristics, and you are stuck with
LPR/LPD method, consider the LPR printer driver exit example program
TSPLPRD.  Information can be found in file QATTINFO, member TSPLPRDI in
library QUSRTOOL.

Robert Comer wrote:

> >DESTOPT('XAIX XAUTOQ')
>
> What does this do for the LPR printer?
>
> - Bob Comer
>
> "Daniel" <lapin@datacomm.ch_no_spam_please> wrote in message
> news:3f2a8940.22227890@news.green.ch...
> > Willem
> >
> > If you re not sure about the port it uses you could try it via LPR
> >
> > CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QGPL/PRTNASHUA) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) RMTPRTQ(RAW)
> >     AUTOSTRWTR(1) CNNTYPE(*IP) DESTTYPE(*OTHER)
> >     MFRTYPMDL(*HP4) INTNETADR('192.168.1.1')
> >     DESTOPT('XAIX XAUTOQ') SEPPAGE(*NO)
> >     TEXT('Print to Nashua via LPR')
> >
> > If this is not working you could still try to use some HP PrintServer
> > and connect it via par or usb. don t know the price of your printer,
> > but if it has to work quick, buying some other PrintServer can be
> > cheaper than searching for hours to get a solution.
> >
> > Daniel
> >
> >
> >
> > On 1 Aug 2003 00:14:40 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
> > Weerdt) wrote:
> >
> > >Hi Daniel,
> > >
> > >I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and
> > >I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port.
> > >Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something
> > >like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer,
> > >without success. Well I think I tried everything possible.
> > >
> > >thanx
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message
> news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>...
> > >> Hi Willem
> > >>
> > >> Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web.
> > >>
> > >> Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550
> > >> Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes
> > >>
> > >> What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations
> > >> How do you want to connect it to your as400?  (LAN/IP, par on
> > >> Workstation, par on PC, Twinax )
> > >>
> > >> Daniel
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
> > >> Weerdt) wrote:
> > >>
> > >> >Hi,
> > >> >
> > >> >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to
> > >> >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage
> > >> >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem
> > >> >and is there a solution?
> > >> >
> > >> >Thanx
> >
> >
> >
> > -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
> > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> > -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

--
Rodney A Johnson
Technical Team Lead for AS/400 Spool
Dept GJC
IBM   Rochester, Minnesota

The contents of this message express only the sender's opinion.
This message does not necessarily reflect the policy or views of
my employer, IBM.  All responsibility for the statements
made in this Usenet posting resides solely and completely with the
sender.



0
Rodney
8/4/2003 1:21:04 PM
Cool, thanks.

- Bob Comer


"Daniel" <lapin@datacomm.ch_no_spam_please> wrote in message
news:3f2df2dd.756093@news.green.ch...
> Hi Bob
>
> if you use  COPIES(2)  in your PrintFile it prints copies (normally)
>
> Daniel
>
> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:19:57 -0400, "Robert Comer"
> <bobcomer@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >>DESTOPT('XAIX XAUTOQ')
> >
> >What does this do for the LPR printer?
> >
> >- Bob Comer
> >
> >
> >"Daniel" <lapin@datacomm.ch_no_spam_please> wrote in message
> >news:3f2a8940.22227890@news.green.ch...
> >> Willem
> >>
> >> If you re not sure about the port it uses you could try it via LPR
> >>
> >> CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QGPL/PRTNASHUA) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) RMTPRTQ(RAW)
> >>     AUTOSTRWTR(1) CNNTYPE(*IP) DESTTYPE(*OTHER)
> >>     MFRTYPMDL(*HP4) INTNETADR('192.168.1.1')
> >>     DESTOPT('XAIX XAUTOQ') SEPPAGE(*NO)
> >>     TEXT('Print to Nashua via LPR')
> >>
> >> If this is not working you could still try to use some HP PrintServer
> >> and connect it via par or usb. don t know the price of your printer,
> >> but if it has to work quick, buying some other PrintServer can be
> >> cheaper than searching for hours to get a solution.
> >>
> >> Daniel
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> On 1 Aug 2003 00:14:40 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
> >> Weerdt) wrote:
> >>
> >> >Hi Daniel,
> >> >
> >> >I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and
> >> >I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port.
> >> >Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something
> >> >like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer,
> >> >without success. Well I think I tried everything possible.
> >> >
> >> >thanx
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message
> >news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>...
> >> >> Hi Willem
> >> >>
> >> >> Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web.
> >> >>
> >> >> Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550
> >> >> Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes
> >> >>
> >> >> What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations
> >> >> How do you want to connect it to your as400?  (LAN/IP, par on
> >> >> Workstation, par on PC, Twinax )
> >> >>
> >> >> Daniel
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
> >> >> Weerdt) wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> >Hi,
> >> >> >
> >> >> >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to
> >> >> >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage
> >> >> >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem
> >> >> >and is there a solution?
> >> >> >
> >> >> >Thanx
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
> >> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> >> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
> >
> >
>
>
>
> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----


0
bobcomer (51)
8/4/2003 2:04:26 PM
Very interesting, thanks!

The mane reason for trying LPR for me was that when using a direct printer
device to a Lexmark printer, any condition that pauses the printer (like
paper out for instance) would cause the AS/400 to lose communications and
end the writer. (Using Lexlink protocol)

- Bob Comer

"Rodney Johnson" <rjohnson+@rchland.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:3F2E5DBF.C56ED863@rchland.ibm.com...
> Robert, XAIX tells LPR to use the BSD Unix method of mulitple copies.  If
> you do not specify, then LPR uses multiple print requests in the control
> file (revised RFC 1179).  Since most printers do not support multiple
print
> requests, if you want copies support you specify XAIX.
>
> XAUTOQ will respool the transformed data if you get a connection error
with
> the printer.  Because LPR is a CL command, it expects to be invoked only
> once and must clean up after itself.  This sort of makes things messy in
the
> remote writer case.  XAUTOQ was devised to save time in transformation
(i.e.
> don't have to transform again just because of a printer connection
> problem).  The old solution was to have two remote writers.  One to
> transform the file, and the second one to send to the printer.  Took a lot
> more resources.
>
> If you want more printer like characteristics, and you are stuck with
> LPR/LPD method, consider the LPR printer driver exit example program
> TSPLPRD.  Information can be found in file QATTINFO, member TSPLPRDI in
> library QUSRTOOL.
>
> Robert Comer wrote:
>
> > >DESTOPT('XAIX XAUTOQ')
> >
> > What does this do for the LPR printer?
> >
> > - Bob Comer
> >
> > "Daniel" <lapin@datacomm.ch_no_spam_please> wrote in message
> > news:3f2a8940.22227890@news.green.ch...
> > > Willem
> > >
> > > If you re not sure about the port it uses you could try it via LPR
> > >
> > > CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QGPL/PRTNASHUA) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) RMTPRTQ(RAW)
> > >     AUTOSTRWTR(1) CNNTYPE(*IP) DESTTYPE(*OTHER)
> > >     MFRTYPMDL(*HP4) INTNETADR('192.168.1.1')
> > >     DESTOPT('XAIX XAUTOQ') SEPPAGE(*NO)
> > >     TEXT('Print to Nashua via LPR')
> > >
> > > If this is not working you could still try to use some HP PrintServer
> > > and connect it via par or usb. don t know the price of your printer,
> > > but if it has to work quick, buying some other PrintServer can be
> > > cheaper than searching for hours to get a solution.
> > >
> > > Daniel
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > On 1 Aug 2003 00:14:40 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
> > > Weerdt) wrote:
> > >
> > > >Hi Daniel,
> > > >
> > > >I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and
> > > >I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port.
> > > >Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something
> > > >like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer,
> > > >without success. Well I think I tried everything possible.
> > > >
> > > >thanx
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message
> > news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>...
> > > >> Hi Willem
> > > >>
> > > >> Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web.
> > > >>
> > > >> Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson
LW2550
> > > >> Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes
> > > >>
> > > >> What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations
> > > >> How do you want to connect it to your as400?  (LAN/IP, par on
> > > >> Workstation, par on PC, Twinax )
> > > >>
> > > >> Daniel
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >> On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de
> > > >> Weerdt) wrote:
> > > >>
> > > >> >Hi,
> > > >> >
> > > >> >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to
> > > >> >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage
> > > >> >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem
> > > >> >and is there a solution?
> > > >> >
> > > >> >Thanx
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
> > > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> > > -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
>
> --
> Rodney A Johnson
> Technical Team Lead for AS/400 Spool
> Dept GJC
> IBM   Rochester, Minnesota
>
> The contents of this message express only the sender's opinion.
> This message does not necessarily reflect the policy or views of
> my employer, IBM.  All responsibility for the statements
> made in this Usenet posting resides solely and completely with the
> sender.
>
>
>


0
bobcomer (51)
8/4/2003 2:11:22 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Printing on AS400 via IBM AS400 Java Toolkit
Hello all, I'm working on a program that needs to send a print job to a printer connected to an AS/400. I've tried using the SpooledFileOutputStream and I've also tried using one of the SCS Writer classes. Neither solution is working. With the SpooledFileOutputStream I am at least able to create my print file, but when my program ends, the file is still not being printed. This program does not run on the AS400, it runs on a PC and connects to the AS400 via the toolkit classes. I know this part works as I am able to use the toolkit to access Data Queues, Files and Data Areas without a problem. Is there anyplace anyone can point me to see some examples of how to print a file using the AS400 Java Toolkit? Thanks in advance, Chuck Chuck, What printer data stream is used? or how was the printer data generated? I am wondering if the data stream being generated matches the data stream of the printer connected to the iSeries? What printer is attached to the iSeries and how is it configured? The iSeries info center has some Toolbox examples: Programming>Java>IBM Toolbox for Java>IBM Toolbox for Java Classes> Access Classes>Print>Creating... Dave Chuck wrote: > Hello all, > > I'm working on a program that needs to send a print job to a printer > connected to an AS/400. I've tried using the SpooledFileOutputStream > and I've also tried using one of the SCS Writer classes. Neither > solution is working. With the Sp...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi. What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on V5R1) ? Regards, Tom tom wrote: > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? Probably FTP. "tom" <tomeks@comp.pl> wrote in message news:c8c9u5$fb4$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? > > Regards, > Tom > > It depends how often you are doing the copying & how much there is. If you want say one record but every 3 seconds then you can either store them up for a few hours days or weeks & use FTP, snads or a tape. Or you can do it realtime & use DDMF to zap each record to the other machine as its written. I actually save the data I want sending this way into a file which is read & deleted by a daemon style of job so that if comms or the other machine fails only the daemon is affected. FTP has its upside in that the target is easily resettable for say a unix machine but SNADS has an easy to use & understand message sent to the sender & recipient to verify arrival of the data. -- Jonathan Bailey. You could install the No Charge SW "Object Connect" from the OS CDs. Once setup you can issue cmds line SAVRSTLIB and SAVRSTOBJ. Give these cmds the LIB or OBJ list and the target system. It then saves/transfers/restores to the target system all with just the 1 SAVRSTxxx cmd. tom wro...

Printing from an AS400 to a Windows or Unix printer
Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer connections? If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some of the options? Thanks. Hi, Check out Brooks Internet Software, www.brooksnet.com for some very good yet reasonable LPR/LPD products supporting AS/400. Larry T. The Praetorian <mlutgen@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a > windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer > connections? Yes. Remote output queues send out print jobs as lpr/lpd jobs. You need to have the AS/400 configured to send to the right lpd queue, and the remote system must accept lpd jobs from the AS/400. I gather that CRTDEVPRT is better than remote output queues, but haven't had a version of OS/400 that provided it to try. If the remote system is Windows XP Pro, you can load the "Print Services For Unix" package to give it a (weak) lpd server. This is likely to have a high suckage factor. I've used FreeBSD with very good results. > If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some > of the options? Thanks. I've posted a few AS/400 remote output queue definitions here over the last few years. Do a groups.google.com search on my email address and "AS400". -- Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA ...

AS400 printer - HPLJ2600N
Hi, A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer. They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it was the customising object, and it worked fine. I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR in library QSYS but it didn't help. Please help! Thanks, Hazel wrighth@frenchconnection.com wrote: > Hi, > > A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP > Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in > the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address > is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer. > > They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another > outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it > was the customising object, and it worked fine. > > I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR > in library QSYS but it didn't help. > > Please help! > > Thanks, > > Hazel Even though this color laser printer is advertised as "network-ready", it is really a host-based printer that does not su...

HP2600N Colour Printer
Hi all, I have set up fifty or sixty HP lasers on the AS400 and they all print quite happily. The models were HP2200/2300/4050/4100/4200/4300. I am now trying to set up my first colour laser, HP2600N, and it appears to print and disappears from the spool file on the AS400. At the laser the network light flashes, but I get no output. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone print successfully to the HP2600? This is the configuration that I am using is: - Device description . . . . . . . > HP2600TN Port number . . . . . . . . . . 9100 Online at IPL . . . . . . . . . *Y...

AS400 printing to PC-connected printer
I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware. I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what paper size I choose, whether it be in the hardware setting, the printer setup in Windows or in the "transform print data" selection, it seems to ignore paper size setting. This results in only the first line being lined up, and each line after is about 1.5 times further down than it should. When the job finishes, the printer form feeds about 2.5 more pages. The page I'm using is 8" long, which I set on the hardware and in the Windows printer setup. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. All my experience of this leads me to believe that windows knows better & that you need to tinker with windows - possibly until you are blue in the face Jonathan "Mike" <miket1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:27ef6386.0307141144.4054221a@posting.google.com... > I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer > session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the > driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware. > > I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and > that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what pap...

PC Document Printing On AS400 Twinax Printers
I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. Thanks You can try: In Operations Navigator, Open the system, go into Basic Operations, Printers, right click on the printer and create a share for the printer. Now add a network printer as \\TheAS400IpAddress\TheShareName on the PC. Jim "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote in message news:1116338029.678272.180930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the > as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > > Thanks > I did it once to see if it would work. I was able to print a Windows test page, but I didn't try anything else. Use Operations Navigator to share the printer, then add the printer driver on the desired PC. On 17 May 2005 06:53:49 -0700, "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote: >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the >as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > >Thanks ...

Iseries/AS400
Hi, What software do I need to make the files in AS400 to tables in Microsoft Access? My hope is to query information from Access, instead of running queries in AS/400 then exporting the data manuall, then importing the data to Excel. Any help will be greatly appreciated. James Mos.StaLL@gmail.com writes: > What software do I need to make the files in AS400 to tables in > Microsoft Access? My hope is to query information from Access, > instead of running queries in AS/400 then exporting the data manuall, > then importing the data to Excel. Any help will be greatly > appreciated. The iSeries software package for your PC contains an ODBC-driver which Access should be able to use to do a remote connection. I believe that currently it is called "IBM iSeries Access for Windows". -- Thorbj�rn Ravn Andersen And if you have that software already installed, then you can select whatever columns and rows directly from Excel [under Data tab, Trsnsfer from iSeries to generate a .dtf] without first copying into tables in Access; i.e. no reason to add yet another query/copy when the intent was to eliminate that type of activity in the first place. Regards, Chuck -- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever. Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote: > Mos.StaLL@gmail.com writes: > >> What software do I need to make the files in AS400 to tables in >> Microsoft Access? My hope is to query informa...

AS400 Printing
Hello, I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into the right direction. Thanks, Shannon Go to Knowledge Base. http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase Search for "tray" or "drawer". Do some experimenting. Default drawer in a spoolfile is "1". In which tray does that end up? Change a spoolfile to Drawer 2, 3 or even 4 to see if it ends up in the other trays. If you find Spoolfile Drawer Values which fits your needs then all you have to do is change the printerfiles with formtype A4 to a specific Drawer and all the other printerfiles to another Drawer. Or you mean you want this function only on this HP 4200? Then we have to think some more... -- Bengt "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:Dd3xc.55036$Np3.2437225@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hello, > > I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. > How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 > automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with > formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? > > Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into th...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. Thanks for any help offered Iain Iain wrote: > Hi > > I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off > whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program > will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will > allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Even if there may be multiple way, I think the best would be using a remote journal, on the target system a journal entry exit program will be evoked at event time, so it can apply new records to the target tables, then it can fire a new event if necessary. -- Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac' ...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues
Hi All, We have two AS400's at different locations, and were able to passthrough and send files between both no problems. Last week one of our AS400's was moved to another location, with an IP change. We have updated the IP addresses on the other AS400 and can passthrough fine....however we can no longer send files from the new location. When I look at the distribution queue I see the following status: RTY-FAIL Any idea's as to what may be causing this? Thanks, Mike mot98@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, > > We have two AS400's at different locations, and were able to > passthrough and send files between both no problems. > > Last week one of our AS400's was moved to another location, with an IP > change. > > We have updated the IP addresses on the other AS400 and can passthrough > fine....however we can no longer send files from the new location. > > When I look at the distribution queue I see the following status: > RTY-FAIL > > Any idea's as to what may be causing this? run the CFGDSTSRV command and then look at all the menu options. Another command to look at is CFGTCP. -Steve Steve Richter wrote: > mot98@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi All, > > > > We have two AS400's at different locations, and were able to > > passthrough and send files between both no problems. > > > > Last week one of our AS400's was moved to another location, with an IP > > chan...

IBM AS400
Does anyone have some notes, documentation or helful pointers about navigating, command language and DB2 on an AS400 for a guy who has done HP3000, Windows 2k/2k3, MS SQL, HP9000, IBM ES9000/UNIX, SCO UNIX? Ideally a commands cross reference qaulivalent would be terrific - I.E. HP3000 to AS400. Thanks much. P.S. I'm taking a role in a shop that runs its ERP system on this platform. Jim. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your homepage. http://www.y...

Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer
Can anyone help me? I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some caracters at the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. Looking forward to hear someone soon. Stefano, Try *HPCOLORLJ in stead of *HP5 or else see http://tinyurl.com/r99dq for more information Cheers, Pjotr Stefano wrote: > Can anyone help me? > I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access > emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. > The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some > caracters at > the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. > > Looking forward to hear someone soon. Here is how we defined ours: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/I4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) + RMTLOCNAME('192.192.192.11') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) TEXT('DZ - + FSC - DE - Printer Dell at Denison') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

print pdf from as400
Hi I know this topic came up before but no clear answer has been provided yet. I am looking for something that can print out my pdf files created from a j2ee application directly on the as/400 printers. isn't it possible to use something like lpr <<name of pdf file>> ? thomas Hi Thomas, Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should find exactly what you need at thier site. Thanks, Larry T. Hi Larry I have checked the website but it requires the intervention of a windows pc. Do you have any alternatives? T "Larry T." <larry-nospamx@jbmsystems.com> wrote in message news:Fo3qc.49016$L8.35483@nwrdny02.gnilink.net... > Hi Thomas, > > Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). > Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms > design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should > find exactly what you need at thier site. > > Thanks, > > Larry T. HI, Sorry, all these solutions run on a windows pc or server. Most of our clients either have a windows pc or server or can get one pretty inexpensively. They usually like to run this type of utility and application on a machine that doesn't use their AS/400 resources (leave that for the ...

DSKUSE in iSeries AS400
Hi, im new here, and im new on the system, i would like to ask on how to enroll libraries and objects in DSKUSE. any ideas? thank you.. ...

AS400 Printing queries
Hi, I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a way I can do this? Thanks in advance!! Shannon Set the number of columns to 80 in the "Select output type and output form" option, second screen Form size - Width. - Bob Comer "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > Shannon > > > > > > I forgot to mention that it only prints landscape on laser printers. It prints as it should on our wide impact printer. Shannon "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > ...

Tifflib on Iseries / As400
I'm trying to use tifflib to convert TIFFs to PDF. It works fine, but the resulting image is scaled down on the page about half size. Does any one help me ?? Hi, Most likely the pdf document created by the conversion process you have outlined will end up as a raster image (dot pattern) at a fixed resolution (dots per inch or dots per centimeter). If the printing process you executed was not able to match the resolution of the pdf document and the resolution active within the printer, a higher resolution active within the printer (more dots per inch or centimeter than what was used in the pdf document) will cause the document to shrink as you have described. HTH Best Regards, /Paul -- Paul Tykodi Principal Consultant TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC E-mail: ptykodi@tykodi.com On 11 Mar 2005 23:49:53 -0800, gio.cot@virgilio.it wrote: >I'm trying to use tifflib to convert TIFFs to PDF. It works fine, but >the resulting image is scaled down on the page about half size. > > >Does any one help me ?? ...

AS400 color print?
We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with HPT or any other product? (AFP product) On Apr 24, 7:09 am, "hmda" <kantat...@gmail.com> wrote: > We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with > HPT or any other product? (AFP product) I would like to know this also. ...

as400 printing
Hi Guys: I just found this newsgroup. I'm an IT Manager at a firm with an AS400, just started the job. I'm not an AS400 guy. We have an AS400 running V5R3 (I believe). Our users connect to a vertical app. one of my users is using the IBM Client Access software to print a report to a local printer. the report is supposedly defined on the AS400 as a landscape report. However, when she prints it out to her local printer, the orientation is portrait. When the report is printed to a different printer, it comes out landscape. I've no idea where to begin on this. Can someone help me figure out how to make it print out landscape on her local printer? I went into her printer properties and set the printer default to landscape with no luck getting the report to print landscape. so there must be something that is injecting the printer control codes to tell the device to print portrait. i'm not sure if it's these PDT files i've heard about, or whether it's the print device setup in the AS400 itself. The end user says that a previous IT person used to be able to make a change at the client side to have it come out landscape. i'm not sure how. Help! Somebody please give me a clue! (yes, I don't have one!) :) You would need to check to see how the spooled file attributes are set on the i5/OS (AS400) side. The way to do this is to use WRKSPLFA (option 8 from WRKOUTQ, WRKSPLF or WRKJOB OPTION(*SPLF)) and scroll down through the attributes....

Fiscal printers with AS400
Hi. Has anybody ever been working with AS400 and fiscal printers. I was wondering how to transmit any data to this printers. Regards, Tomasz Hi Tomasz, If you can tell me a model number of fiscal printer, I might be able to help you. Best Regards, /Paul -- Paul Tykodi Principal Consultant TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC E-mail: ptykodi@tykodi.com ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

AS400 Printing Issue
I have setup a remote queue pointed at a Netgear PS101 which is connected to an Comapq LG15 Lineprinter. The printer prints as expected with a few quirks. At the very top of the page a string appears OUOp10 00h012v0s0b003T0B@30008C005C0p17.... and at the beginning of EVERY line +00216H. The LG printer can emulate several other printers, including the EPSON FX and the IBM Proprinter XL III I'm sure that it's a problem with emulation, but I cannot seem to get this working properly. The queue settings follow. Just looking for a push in the correct direction. Thanks. ~k --- chgoutq Output queue . . . . . . . . . . > P1REPLACE Name Library . . . . . . . . . . . > QUSRSYS Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Maximum spooled file size: Number of pages . . . . . . . *NONE Number, *SAME, *NONE Starting time . . . . . . . . Time Ending time . . . . . . . . . Time Order of files on queue . . . . *FIFO *SAME, *JOBNBR, *FIFO Remote system . . . . . . . . . *INTNETADR Character value, *SAME... Remote printer queue . . . . . . 'P1' Character value, *SAME... Writers to autostart . . . . . . 1 1-10, *SAME, *NONE Queue for writer messages . . . QSYSOPR Name, *SAME Library . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Connection type . . . . . . . . *IP *SAME, *SNA, *IP, *IPX... Destination type . . . . . . . . *OTHER *SAME, *OS400, *OS400V2... Host print transform ....

Is IBM killing iSeries? Yes, IBM is the iSeries muderer!!!!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C4263B.65141F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IBM should know, it's just herself is killing iSeries/400. He invest = too much money in Webfacing, HATS, PASE, Web Access and RPG V .... but = how many users are planing to use them??? almost NONE! IBM should focus = on how to imporve the running time performance of Websphere on iSeries, = How let user can build java/web application as easy as SDA. AS/400 won = in 1988 because compare with the Unix, VAX/VMS and DOS, AS/400 is such = easy to be used to create application system. but now, Java on iSeries = is nightmare. Compare with Unix, Linux and Window platfrom. Websphere on = AS/400 has very low performance, It's very difficult to be install, Very = bad SQL/JDBC performance, to build application is as difficult as unix = and other open system, even more. Much expensive than unix, linux and = windows..... so Why user choose iSeries???? almost all my customer = complain as I said above everyday... Honestly If I was ordered to build = a web base application, I'd rather use Linux, but not OS/400! OS/400 can = not give me almost none benefit for Web Application! also AS/400 is not = a very good DB server too. Just wish I could install Linux and AIX on AS/400 box without the OS/400 = primary partition soon. And hope IBM sell the new box as cheaper as = pSeries (RS/6000).=...

Web resources about - Printing to Nashua printers from iSeries AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing box in this matching game
... path in Linken, an elegant puzzler or Meteors are falling, dont get squished in Danger Dodgers . Mr Plumbum Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing ...

Make your own 'Ghostbusters' trap via 3D printing
When ghosts go bump in the night, will you have the right equipment to bust them? Make this replica ghost trap from the original "Ghostbusters" ...

Europe To Use 3D Printing To Build Permanent Moon Base By 2030
Europe To Use 3D Printing To Build Permanent Moon Base By 2030

Tokyo students develop architectural 3D-printing pen
A group of University of Tokyo students overseen by architect Kengo Kuma have developed a 3D-printing pen that can be used to create complex ...

Barclays' 'MakerSpaces' offer 3D printing to local businesses
The worlds of banking and technology intersect at many points, but you'd hardly consider 3D printing a shared interest. In Barclays' "MakerSpaces," ...

3D Printing Your Own Braces Works, Is a Terrible Idea
At the age of nine, I became the first kid in my elementary school class to get braces. They did their job, but by the time I left college, I’d ...

Join Us at the Greatest 3D Printing Festival on Planet Earth
Winter is hanging on like clinical depression, which means it’s that time again for the greatest 3D-printing festival on the planet Earth. It’s ...

3-D Printing: Gigi The Macaw Gets First-Ever Titanium Prosthetic Beak (PHOTOS)
Gigi the macaw is the first-ever recipient of the world's first 3-D-printed titanium beak.

Archinaut, A 3D Printing Robot To Make Big Structures In Space
Historically, the only way to get anything into orbit has been by rocket; a process that is massively expensive, cumbersome, and presents a slew ...

Resources last updated: 3/24/2016 5:09:27 PM