Printronics Printer - Doesn't Print Condensed format

I just installed Printronics 5000 series printer and conneted via
Ethernet. I use STRRMTWTR command to staart the writer. However, it
prints everything in regular font. I have few reports that are
condensed and it doesn't print in condensed format. What am I missing
here.
0
as400tips (47)
7/6/2004 4:04:31 AM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

Umm

You could try this ... create a device for the printer CRTDEVPRT , you'll
need some sort of driver if you F4 prompt on the MFRTYPMDL field, you'll get
a list, you might have to pick a driver that the printer can emulate , since
your Printronics 5000 might not be listed.

Peter

as400tips@lycos.com (IKNIR) wrote in message news:<204f0ba7.0407052004.65e17e79@posting.google.com>...
> I just installed Printronics 5000 series printer and conneted via
> Ethernet. I use STRRMTWTR command to staart the writer. However, it
> prints everything in regular font. I have few reports that are
> condensed and it doesn't print in condensed format. What am I missing
> here.

Try this link:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/7c4c0f5a4d52e3c4862569b4005d198a/0fc2dc92fbe97ece862569c1007a9793?OpenDocument

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Brother HL-5050 Laser Printer
We have installed a Brother HL-5050 Laser Printer on our small Windows XP peer to peer network, via a parallel printer lead and a Netgear PS110 Print Server. We can't get print Word documents (or other software) in Landscape format. Changing the page format via printer preferences doesn't work. Prints OK in Portrait format. Previous printer (elderly HP laser jet) and an Epsom injket manage Landcaspe and Porttait OK. Must be something to do with setup of printer or driver. But I can't find anything. Help! ...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

Can't see print preview and can't print under Lexmark Z32!
Hi, I face a problem that my customer using lexmark z32 USB prot printer, clarion 5.5 can't generate print preview and can't to printer also. Does anybody face this problem before? How to solve this problem? TQ. Best Regards, Nelson ...

why the printer does't print my first requested printing task?
I 'm using web printer to print my result(graphs), I used a loop to run the program 5 times, but whenever I run the program, my first printing request is not carried out by the printer. It seemd that the printer did not respond to my first request. So I have to re-run the program one more time to get that missed "printing". and now it works. I don't know what is the real cause of this. ...

Can't print to HP LaserJet printer via Windows Printing
I can print to one of the HP LaserJet 2100tn printers via AppleTalk. But when I try to add the printer (via the Printer Setup Utility), I can't see it. 1. I click the Add button 2. I select Windows Printing from the drop-down list 3. I select a workgroup from the lower drop-down list No printers show up in the list. There are 2 HP LJ printers on the net, but none of them show up under Windows Printing. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I tried adding a printer via IP Printing. But when I try to print, I get no indication that the printer has received the job; no output. Maybe...

Can't clean. Says it's printing. It isn't.
I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. Still wouldn't clean. Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed soon. "Martin" <marty123@optonline.net> wrote in message news:sDY7d.28771$kq6.18831495@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been > unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No > other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went > to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a > message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. > > I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. > Still wouldn't clean. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed > soon. > Removed and reinstalled cartridges. Problem solved. Not sure why. ...

Epson printer won't print
A friend of mine with an Epson USB printer a couple years old running under Windows 98 is having a problem not being able to print. She says the printer indicates no paper is present when there is ample paper. When the printer is turned off and then back on it usually prints. Is there a fairly easy solution for this problem? ...

Printers don't formfeed after printing
OS: Sparc Solaris 8 64-bit We have dotmatrix printers connected to Lantronix. I set one of them using the following command: # lpadmin -p pti-is01 -o protocol=bsd,dest=eps_190f0:eps_190f0_p2 -v /dev/null -m netstandard -T unknown -I any # accept pti-is01 # enable pti-is01 The problem is, the printers don't do a formfeed after printing so the next print will start on the last page of previous print. I've been looking for the solution for weeks but still no luck. How to make the printers do a formfeed after printing? Any help and suggestion will be much appreciated. Thank you Agung kurnia93@yahoo.com (Agung Kurniawan) writes: > >The problem is, the printers don't do a formfeed after printing so the >next print will start on the last page of previous print. I've been >looking for the solution for weeks but still no luck. >How to make the printers do a formfeed after printing? >Any help and suggestion will be much appreciated. > The cleanest way to do this is to configure the Lantronix to add the form feed at the end of the print job. I don't know which model Lantronix you have, but the PDF manual for the EPS print servers mentions a "Formfeed" option for the service on the port. Their other models will have the same feature, I'm pretty sure... The manual I'm looking at is: http://www.lantronix.com/support/docs/pdf/eps_ref.pdf and the listing of the Formfeed option is in Section 4.6.4 on page 4-9 (page 49 of ...

IBM Linux chief: Chasing desktop Windows a 'dead-end'
<quote> LinuxCon 2009 IBM says that battling for desktop market share against Windows is a "dead-end" for Linux. Sutor drew up several possible futures for the Linux desktop in the years ahead, including Linux going away altogether, one distribution dominating Linux desktops, one distro dominating all desktops, Linux reaching parity with Microsoft and Apple, and desktop Linux disappearing altogether and making the whole issue moot. "Most people say, 'I don't want to be bothered. It just works. I want to do the other parts of my job, and I want to go home,'" said Sutor. "So this, I think, is going to be a major, major portion that determines possibly some of those futures. What are we really trying to do with this thing? I think making it a complete drop-in replacement is a dead-end strategy. Sutor argued that it's a mistake to try to sell or convince people to use something when they're not interested and will never use it. "Don't waste your time," he said. "So in the same way, with Linux desktops, you've got to decide ... who are the real potential users and focus on them to the exclusion of other people who - frankly - just aren't interested," Sutor said. </quote> http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/09/21/linuxcon_2009_sutor_keynote/ On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:20:18 -0400, Ezekiel wrote: > <quote> > LinuxCon 2009 IBM says that battling for desktop marke...

database layouts won't print, now database won't open
using Mac OS 10.3.4, filemaker pro 7. working with a database converted from filemaker 3. Everything seemed to be fine. Created a new table and imported data into that from another Filemaker 3 database (someone else created these). Layouts were created very easilly. I go to print a layout (label) and choose ALL and it will only print one record, no matter what I put in the print dialogue box. Open other databases and they all printed fine in similar layouts. Tried to "recover' it, thinking it was somehow corrupted (the woman was having a hard time printing it. I thought it was...

EPSON CX4600 printer won't print
I have noticed several posts saying that their Epson CX4600 printer won't print after changing the printer cartridges. I'm having the same problems. I've tried cleaning and unplugging the printer for a time, but it still doesn't work. It started when I changed the black cartridge. I couldn't get any black to come out. Eventually the colored cartridges needed to be changed and now I get a blank page when printing. The monitor shows that I used half of my black cartridge, but I don't see where it could have gone. I'm wondering if the monitoring software is...

Runtime won't print on laser printer
Hello, We have a runtime solution that several users are having success with. This morning, a user called to say that their printer was printing blank pages. We ran through the usual culprits... Records being Browsed checked Printer name is correct Pages to print is correct Ink Color in properties is correct Still, the very important reports come out blank in their laser printer. Our solution appears to send the job to the printer, it fires up and puts out blank pages. Some other reports print but not the critical ones. We have tested, from the same file set and can print okay here at the offi...

After edits, can't print at a commercial printer?
I recently took some pictures that I edited a bit (adjusted contrast, cropped) and took to Walmart for printing. They printed without a problem. I decided I wanted black and white versions so I changed it over (simply changed to greyscale) and saved it as a jpg. The black and white versions just don't seem to want to print. I've tried two places and, in both cases, the prints are grainy, inverted and look like they are offset. When I got them back from Walmart, they noted that they must be either photoshop files or from a CDRW. I'm confused: Color picture->adjust contr...

After edits, can't print at a commercial printer?
I recently took some pictures that I edited a bit (adjusted contrast, cropped) and took to Walmart for printing. They printed without a problem. I decided I wanted black and white versions so I changed it over (simply changed to greyscale) and saved it as a jpg. The black and white versions just don't seem to want to print. I've tried two places and, in both cases, the prints are grainy, inverted and look like they are offset. When I got them back from Walmart, they noted that they must be either photoshop files or from a CDRW. I'm confused: Color picture->adjust contr...

Can't install Epson 'Easy Print'
Epson supplies something called 'Easy Print' [now, version 2.4dA] that is supposed to interface directly with Elements 3 and, if I understand it right, to allow more direct control of the printer [many Epson models] from within Elements -- I'm assuming, among other things, so you only have to say 'print' once -- not once to Elements and once again to the printer driver. However it doesn't seem to want to install on my machine [XP SP2]. It goes through the EULA yes/no just fine, starts to show the install progress meter, and about half way through, jum...

I don't read docs and don't know how to use Google. What does the print function do?
Please help me this assignment is due in an hour. Don't give me hints, just give me the answer because I only want a grade. I'm not actually interested in learning how to program, but I know software engineers make lots of money so I want to be one. sohcahtoa82@gmail.com wrote: > Please help me this assignment is due in an hour. Don't give me hints, > just give me the answer because I only want a grade. I'm not actually > interested in learning how to program, but I know software engineers make > lots of money so I want to be one. I'm sorry I have...

config.sys corrupted; can't fix; can't start windows 2000
The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer won't recognize or run off of these. Rename the Config.sys file in the root directly to ConfigOLD.sys. See if the machine will boot without it for now. Any release of NT should be able to. If you work out for sure that the Config.sys file is faulty, you can go in with your text editor, and troubleshoot it. You will need the base knowledge to work in this file. Jerry G. ======== labogart@juno.com (labogart) wrote in message news:<b8b70ec1.0408220100.5875b5c4@posting.google.com>... > The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with > the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from > the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer > won't recognize or run off of these. ...

can't print real greyscale in my laser printer
Please someone help me! Do anyone know how to print real grey, in a laser printer hp 4550, in a page together with other colours. When I try from different programs like Adobe Ilustrator or Corel Draw, it appears not a greyscale but more like a greenscale. When I print a page of only greyscale it appears fine. Even when I print a colour calibration page from printer menu the greyscale is Ok. Do you think it is a driver problem, my software problem or printer problem. I have windows XP, corel draw 11 and adobe Ilustrator 10. Please someone help me! Are your settings set to greyscale in illustrator?.It sounds like its set to RGB. Ardi <ardianlama@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d3662943.0309040431.1eb9b3f5@posting.google.com... > Please someone help me! > > Do anyone know how to print real grey, in a laser printer hp 4550, in > a page together with other colours. When I try from different programs > like Adobe Ilustrator or Corel Draw, it appears not a greyscale but > more like a greenscale. When I print a page of only greyscale it > appears fine. Even when I print a colour calibration page from printer > menu the greyscale is Ok. > Do you think it is a driver problem, my software problem or printer > problem. > > I have windows XP, corel draw 11 and adobe Ilustrator 10. > > Please someone help me! If you are trying to print black with other color on the page set it to CMYK. Ar...

Remote computers can't print to network printer
We're running a peer-to-peer Windows XP network. One computer has a HP Laserjet 4 attached to it by parallel cable. I've shared that printer on the network, and it is visible from all the other machines. However, if I try to print to it from a network machine, the print job doesn't make it. However, if I first print *something* from the computer that's physically connected to the printer, then I can print to it all I want from the network machines. I can't figure out what could be wrong. ...

Can't get printer to print full size
I had to re-setup all my printer definition files recently, and I now find that my Canon BJC7100 printer will not print out full size, but only at approx 60%. This happens whether I use the BJC600 driver or the BJC4300 driver, using !FastSpool in both cases as before. The really annoying thing is that I can remember having this problem when I originally installed the printer driver several years ago, but can't remember how I solved it then. The other printer (an HP1100 laser) works fine, also via FastSpool. Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Machine details: Kinetic RPC, 192Mb RA...

Can't print PDF files on Postscript printer
I have a postscript laser printer that prints everything except PDF files. Anyone know what the deal is with PDF files? What makes them so troublesome to print? Anyone know of a fix? The laser printer that I have is a 1987 QMS-PS 810 (postscript level 1) with 2 MB RAM memory (for print jobs, I guess) and 1 MB ROM memory (3 printer emulations and 35 resident fonts). I'm running Windows 2000 with 512 MB memory. Everything else prints fine, but when I try to print a PDF file, the print job initiates but then fails. Instead of the expected output, the printer will print an error message. Error messages vary. Here are three typical: 1: ERROR: interrupt OFFENDING COMMAND: ISOLatin1Encoding STACK: (long list of /items) 2: ERROR: VMerror OFFENDING COMMAND: dict STACK: (long printout of postscript gibberish) (From what I've found, the VMerror indiates virtual memory full, printer out of memory, something exceeds the postscript interpreter's memory or a postscript language line in it.) 3: This job requires more memory than is available in this printer. Try one or more of the following, and then print again: For the output format, choose Optimize for Portability. In the Device Settings page, make sure the Available Postscript Memory is accurate. Reduce the number of fonts in the document. Print the document in parts. So, I've done everything I can find to do; Set optimize for portability; confirm memory set at 2 MB; print one page at...

Windows 98 can't print to Samba printer
I have recently set up a basic file and print server at my office using Fedora Core 3 and Samba 3.0.8pre1-0.pre1.3 . We have a variety of clients (1 X WinXP Pro, 1 X Win XP Home, 3 X Win 2k, 1 X Win 98). I can access all file shares on the server from all clients with no problems. I can print to our Samsung ML-2150 printer (connected to the server via USB) from all clients except the Windows 98 system. From the Win 98 system, I can see the printer, and I can install it, but when I try to print a test page immediately after adding it, I get the error message: "The network printer is no longer available". I don't know why Win 98 can't print, but all the others can. Here is a copy of my smb.conf file: # Samba config file created using SWAT # from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) # Date: 2004/11/18 13:28:21 # Global parameters [global] workgroup = THERMATEK netbios name = KAITLYN server string = Linux Server unix password sync = Yes preferred master = No domain master = No wins support = Yes ldap ssl = no hosts allow = 192.168.1., 127.0.0.1 [homes] valid users = %S read only = No browseable = No [printers] comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba printable = Yes browseable = No [PROJECTS] path = /shares/Projects write list = @employees, @management read only = No inherit permissions = Yes case sensitive = No ...

can't print to a windows printer from Redhat 9
I have a HP LaserJet 1000 printer attached to a Chinese Windows 2000 machine. I followed the procedure to set up a Samba networked printer on another Redhat 9 linux box. But I can't print anything to that printer. I tried 'smbclient -L xxx -U xxx' command. I can see the printer, Sharename Type Comment --------- ---- ------- E$ Disk xxx IPC$ IPC xxx IPC D$ Disk xxx print$ Disk xxx dell Disk TestJet Printer TestJet F$ Disk xxx ADMIN$ Disk xxx C$ Disk xxx ...... I also used ethereal to monitor the communication between linux box and the windows server, everthing seems fine (at least to me). Data is sent to windows server, but nothing comes out of the printer. Any suggestion? Thanks! Jin ...

Web resources about - Printronics Printer - Doesn't Print Condensed format - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

CenterGate Research Group - Rodney Joffe
Rodney Joffe is the Chairman, Founder and Chief Technology Officer of UltraDNS Corporation . His operational responsibilities include defining ...

Store List - Coupon Mole
Coupon Mole # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z Categories Baby Maternity & Toys DVDs Music & Video Holidays & Parties Religious ...

Hp Computers - Compare Prices on HP (Hewlett-Packard) Pavilion dv7-7020us 15.6" Black Notebook & Other ...
We have gathered pricing info for Computers, such as HP (Hewlett-Packard) Pavilion dv7-7020us 15.6" Black Notebook, & HP (Hewlett-Packard) Photosmart ...

Networking Computers - Compare Prices on Cisco Linksys EA2700 App Enabled N600 Simultaneous Dual-Band ...
Spring Guide Weekly Specials Top Searches Networking White Pages Ebay One Printers Hp Printers E Bay Machine Machine Laptop Hp Www.ebay.com Motherboard ...

P Store Directory - TheFind.com Coupons
TheFind.com Coupons - Find Coupon Codes, Free Shipping Offers and Product Offers for your favorites online stores

Taking the 3D leap: Indians get edgy with this technology - Latest News & Updates at DNAIndia.com
Taking the 3D leap: Indians get edgy with this technology - 3D printing that can produce things including food, medicines and prosthetic limbs ...

Motherboards - Latest Reviews and Best Prices for Motherboards - PriceGrabber.com
Spring Guide Weekly Specials Top Searches Motherboards 775 Motherboards 775 Core 2 Quad Ebay Motherboard E Bay E-bay Lga1155 Motherboard Gigabyte ...

Motherboards - Latest Reviews and Best Prices for Motherboards - PriceGrabber.com
Spring Guide Weekly Specials Top Searches Motherboard Motherboards Motherboard Cpu Bundles Motherboard Hp Motherboard For Dell Motherboards 775 ...

Motherboards - Latest Reviews and Best Prices for Motherboards - PriceGrabber.com
Spring Guide Weekly Specials Top Searches Processor Android Raspberry-pi Gooseberry Arm Ebay Motherboard E Bay E-bay Lga1155 Motherboard Gigabyte ...

Motherboards - Latest Reviews and Best Prices for Motherboards - PriceGrabber.com
Spring Guide Weekly Specials Top Searches Motherboards Motherboards 775 Motherboards For Sale Motherboards With Socket 478 Motherboards+775+core+2+quad ...