Problems with pinging an as400

When i ping my production as400 using the ip address i get instantly a
response.
When i ping it with a name , it takes up to 1 min before the ip address is
found.
The hostname is in the host table with the correct ip address.
I tought that when pinging using a hostname the as400 will immed look into
this table to get the ip address. Am i overlooking something ?

Rikkie

Rikkie wrote:

> When i ping my production as400 using the ip address i get instantly a
> response.
> When i ping it with a name , it takes up to 1 min before the ip address is
> found.
> The hostname is in the host table with the correct ip address.
> I tought that when pinging using a hostname the as400 will immed look into
> this table to get the ip address. Am i overlooking something ?

 From what machine are you doing the pinging?  Is it
from the AS/400 itself?  If so, then you may have a
problem.  However, if you're pinging from some other
machine, e.g. your PC, then the DNS in your network may
be having a problem.

0
jonball (677)
12/3/2003 7:17:13 PM
Hi

Look at the CFGTCP option 12. Is the right DNS server ip adres configured.
And also look at the DNS lookup parameter (*local/remote).

Bullsniper
"Rikkie" <everslegers@web.de> schreef in bericht
> When i ping my production as400 using the ip address i get instantly a
> response.
> When i ping it with a name , it takes up to 1 min before the ip address is
> found.
> The hostname is in the host table with the correct ip address.
> I tought that when pinging using a hostname the as400 will immed look into
> this table to get the ip address. Am i overlooking something ?
>
> Rikkie

0
bullsniper (64)
12/3/2003 7:18:10 PM
i hope the name you put in your hosts file is simple with no spaces or other
weirdness

"Rikkie" <everslegers@web.de> wrote in message
> When i ping my production as400 using the ip address i get instantly a
> response.
> When i ping it with a name , it takes up to 1 min before the ip address is
> found.
> The hostname is in the host table with the correct ip address.
> I tought that when pinging using a hostname the as400 will immed look into
> this table to get the ip address. Am i overlooking something ?
>
> Rikkie

0
jonn_garen (22)
12/5/2003 7:33:49 AM
Our nework seems to slow down from time to time. I changed the dns lookup
from *remote to *local and the ping is flying again. I didn't had the
problem in the past.
Maybe the switch from windows NT to windows 2000 with AD is causing the
delay.
Thanks to everybody for suggesting the solution.

Rikkie

"JG1X0000" <jonn_garen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i hope the name you put in your hosts file is simple with no spaces or
other
> weirdness
>

> "Rikkie" <everslegers@web.de> wrote in message
> > When i ping my production as400 using the ip address i get instantly a
> > response.
> > When i ping it with a name , it takes up to 1 min before the ip address
is
> > found.
> > The hostname is in the host table with the correct ip address.
> > I tought that when pinging using a hostname the as400 will immed look
into
> > this table to get the ip address. Am i overlooking something ?
> >
> > Rikkie

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

S36-AS400 problem
Was doing some snooping on archived posts from the midrange group. Came up with this thread relating to a problem some of my clients are having. Did anyone ever get the appropriate PTF reference? The thread ends without giving the reference.One client is on V3R7, the rest are on V4R3 Brian Jerome Draper wrote:>> Anybody come up with the mentioned PTF reference.>> My S36 program prints one spool item for each PO (why? who knows?). When I> print them to P4, a S36 printer on stop, they all end up in the S36 spool as> completed reports. When I print them to P9, a "mapped" S36 printer, they> whoosh to the "mapped" outq on the AS400. Interesting is that the first> whatever number of PO's get stuck in "OPN" status and the last and final PO> always prints fine. The "OPN" PO's are stuck at 0 pages forever. The> workaround is to print them to P4 and then do a CHANGE ID,P9,P4 to whoosh> them to the outq on the AS400 side where the print perfectly.>> Jerry> what is the ptf level on the box? both os/400 and ssp levels. joe leblanc www.michsoft.com The 36 box is DK7517. How do I find the level on OS400? I went to GO PTF and chose to Display ptf but just get all the individual ptf's. Brian "JHL" <jhl@michsoft.com> wrote in message news:1123296668.571962.38040@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > what is the ptf level on the box? both os/400 and ssp...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

as400 cannot ping PC
I have a simple network setup: one as400 at v5r1, a w2k PC and a linksys router that connects everyone to the internet. Everything is working, but I cannot ping the pc from the as400. I can client access from the PC to the as400 and the as400 tells me its ip address is 192.168.1.8. Which matches of course with what ipconfig displays on the PC. The as400 is 192.168.1.160. I can ping it from the pc. The as400 can ping the linksys router. Its ip addr is 192.168.1.1. There is no firewall running on the PC, the router or the as400. Why would the as400 not be able to ping the pc? thanks, Steve Richter Check the routing entries on the AS400. Go CFGTCP option 2. Esp note the *DFTROUTE srichter@autocoder.com (Steve Richter) wrote in message news:<7b73919b.0408180537.69b2c608@posting.google.com>... > I have a simple network setup: one as400 at v5r1, a w2k PC and a > linksys router that connects everyone to the internet. > > Everything is working, but I cannot ping the pc from the as400. > > I can client access from the PC to the as400 and the as400 tells me > its ip address is 192.168.1.8. Which matches of course with what > ipconfig displays on the PC. > > The as400 is 192.168.1.160. I can ping it from the pc. > > The as400 can ping the linksys router. Its ip addr is 192.168.1.1. > > There is no firewall running on the PC, the router or the as400. Why > would the as400 not be able to ping the pc? > &...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

MS Access to AS400 problem..
Hello, I'm still trying to get this to work. I'm using Access tabledefs to connect to AS400. I need to refresh the existing links to different AS400 machines (same tablenames). I need a DSN-less ODBC connection (not ADO OLE DB) to AS400 from Access. My function is somehting like this: Public function ConnectMe() as string dim db as dao.database dim sConnect as string set db = currentdb sConnect = "ODBC;Driver={Client Access ODBC Driver (32-bit)};System=MyAS400;Uid=MyID;PWD=MyPassowrd" db.tabledefs("table1").connect = sConnect db.tabledefs("table1").RefreshLink End Function When I execute this I get the error: Reserved error (-7778); there is no message for this error. Any suggestions??? Thank you. Matthew Wells MWells@FirstByte.net You will need to drop and recreate the tabledefs. Don't forget to set the SourceTableName. See my comments in the thread http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/browse_frm/thread/68ca9f128c3dd5c9/7955f783e029651c?q=zlatko&rnum=20#7955f783e029651c Bill E. Hollywood, FL ...

problem with google as400 newsgroup
Hi, I usually read the messages posted on this newsgroup on the Google Groups page .There's something strange happening today : there are no messages between April 21st 2003 and December 31st 2002 ! I wonder if there's something wrong with my computer or with Google Groups interface or maybe I don't just click on the right links !? Bye, post400 ...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

Re: Problems with AS400 and KZPCM
Hello, David Froble wrotes: ... Are you letting the DE500 autodetect speed? ... No. I did set it within the console to FastFD. Also the problem is not the DE500-AA, which do function very well. The problem is the KZPCM, a dual UWSE-SCSI and FastEthernet board. The FastEthernet will be dedekted as DE500-AA, but I think that the implemantation is not as good as the original DE500-AA. TIA and regards R. Wingert Rudolf Wingert wrote: > Hello, > > David Froble wrotes: > > .. Are you letting the DE500 autodetect speed? ... > > No. I did set it within the console to Fas...

Problem connecting AS400/DB2 with SSIS
Hi, I am trying to connect a MS SSIS package to an AS400/DB2 database, and I experience problem when I hit the "Create Package" button in the "Data Link properties window". I have understood that the packages need to be created, before I can run any SQL on the DB2 base via SSIS(?). Here are the steps that I have done before the problem arise: 1. In MS Visual Studios, I created a new project of type "Integration Services". 2. On the "Control Flow tab" I add a "Data Flow task". 3. In the "Connection Manager Pane" I right click and choose "New OLE DB Connection.." 4. In the "Configure OLE DB Connection Manager window" I hit the new button. 5. In the "Connection Manager window" in the provider drop down list I choose "Native OLE DB\Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2" 6. For "server or file name" I enter a descriptive name. 7. I hit the "Data Links.. button" to enter advanced properties for the connection. 8. In the "Network drop down" I choose "TCP/IP connection". 9. For user name and password I enter the "Admin user" on the DB2 server, to make sure I have no Authentication problem. 10. For Initial Catalog I enter the name that is displayed when invoking the "WRKRDBDIRE command" from the console to the OS/400 system. 11. For "Package Collection" and "Default schema" I enter the top level schema on the se...

problems setting up printer as device on AS400
I am learning the as400 currently, so please have patience with me here. I have a user who has a LaserJet 6L connected to her PC via parallel connection. She has Client\Access Express installed on her PC for connection to the as400. She has as400 reports that currently go out to a networked printer\copier and wants these reports to print out on the laserjet 6L connected to her PC. I setup a session for her printer on her PC and took all the default values. I then hasdone of our AS400 programmers set her reports to go to the LaserJet 6L. Now when she prints the reports we do get a print out, but its weird. Lines, crossed lines and what appears to be drawings of intersections. Not aski characters or anything I have seen before. what should I be looking at to fix this problem? gary Go communication/configure on the emulator screen and then click on the setup button for the printer. Check the "Transform print data to ASCII on the iSeries" box and then use the drop down to select your printer model. *HP6 is probably what you want. Of course this is assuming you haven't tried this already. Thad Rizzi havent tried that yet, but I will now. thanks. gary "Thad Rizzi" <thad_rizzi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1106683687.438141.250260@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Go communication/configure on the emulator screen and then click on the > setup button for the printer. Check the "Transform print data to ASCII > on ...

two PC to AS400 ODBC problems
I have two problems with C# code that uses ODBC to call a stored procedure = on the IBM i.=20 The first is the connection to the 400. I have to supply a user name and pa= ssword in the ODBC connection string. Which I know is not required in that = if the user name and password are omitted client access will prompt on the = initial connection for entry of the user name and password. I am getting an= error "invalid password" when the code opens the OdbcConnection. The 2nd problem is calling a stored procedure that defines a decimal(9,2) p= arameter as output. I am getting the decimal value to return, but the decim= al precision is being clipped. 131.21 returns to the caller as 131. The code is below. Any help is appreciated. thanks, CREATE PROCEDURE DSH3521sq( =20 out outPerDayDemandQty decimal(9,2) =20 ) =20 language sql =20 begin =20 =20 set outPerDayDemandQty =3D 131.13 ; =20 =20 END =20 <Window x:Class=3D"WpfApplication1.MainWindow" xmlns=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" Title=3D"MainWindow" Height=3D...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

AS400 Share Folder Permission Problem
Hi All, There is also the "feature" (aka bug) introduced with Win2k(SP4), windows update KB885835, QDLS - sharing violation error AS400 - v5r2(TC04244) When applying this update, wasn't able to delete a file located under QDLS. ERROR: "Error deleting File or Folder" - "There is a sharing violation. The source or destination file may be in use. I can solve this problem. But there are still problem. I don't know which updtes can be affected permission of AS400 share folder. Please advise. This is due to a change made by MS. It causes the file to be seen as "in use" when attempting to delete. Not really a permissions issue. There is a PTF available for V5R2. Kelvin wrote: > Hi All, > > There is also the "feature" (aka bug) introduced with > Win2k(SP4), windows update KB885835, > QDLS - sharing violation error > AS400 - v5r2(TC04244) > > When applying this update, wasn't able to delete a file located under > QDLS. > > ERROR: "Error deleting File or Folder" - "There is a sharing violation. > The source or destination file may be in use. > > > I can solve this problem. But there are still problem. I don't > know which updtes can be affected permission of AS400 share folder. > Please advise. Does anyone know which PTF will fix this? arrowcomputer@bigfoot.com wrote: > This is due to a change made by MS. It causes the file to be seen as >...

problem with connection to AS400 via CA
Hi guys I have a problem with connection to AS400 (V450) using CA (V510). I check tcp and I think that all looks fine, but ... still doesn't work. And this is strange - I CAN connect from other AS (V430) to this "problematic" AS using telnet, without any problems!!!! But directly from CA - NO!! Op. Nav. raport error: CWBCO1049 - The AS400 server applic is not started!! But when I try to STRHOSTSVR I get message (one of many): "Start Prestart Jobs command is not allowed now. Routing entry sequence number 2536 already exists. Compare value conflicts with routing entry 2536. Job 003429/QUSER/QZSCSRVSD submitted to job queue QSYSNOMAX in library QSYS." So it's mean (as I think) that program/subsytem is already started So where is the problem??? Regards Skorek ...

Problem on Copying the files to As400 IFS
Hi Every one, I am trying to copy the PDF files from PC to As400 IFS system to a folder under Root directory. Thru VB script( script is attached below) I am mapping the As400 system as one of network drive. I could able to map the drive. But while copying the files to IFS, I am getting error as "Path not found" . Set objFSOFN = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") If objFSOFN.DriveExists(DriveLetter) Then objNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive DriveLetter, True, True End If objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive DriveLetter, Path, False, Username, Password objFSOFN.CopyFile txtFiletobeupload, strcopya Set objFSOFN = Nothing Set objNetwork = Nothing Could you please advice what to do the next thing? Thanks. Does the error or anything show the path you're using? Maybe spit out some debug statements that show the completed built path on the iSeries and the PC. Vandy wrote: > Hi Every one, > > I am trying to copy the PDF files from PC to As400 IFS system to a > folder under Root directory. > > Thru VB script( script is attached below) I am mapping the As400 system > as one of network drive. > I could able to map the drive. But while copying the files to IFS, I am > getting error as "Path not found" . > > Set objFSOFN = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") > Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScrip...

ADO Connection Problem to AS400 from some machines
Can anyone please enlighten me. I am using ADO for the first time (Previously used BDE ....) with Delphi 5 C/S. On my development machine I can connect to our AS400 via a TADOConnection component then execute queries using TADOQuery components. (Windows 98 SE) My connection string is Provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=S655ADAB;Protection Level=None;Transport Product=Client Access;Force Translate=65535;Convert Date Time To Char=TRUE;Catalog Library List=MAPMODF S655ADAB is our AS400 and is defined in the hosts file on all machines ...

Re: Problems with AS400 and KZPCM #3
Hallo, I did get the answer from TCSC Muenchen: The AlphaStation 400 PCI bridge does not support the combo cards. So, if OpenVMS scans the bus for the present devices, the AlphaStation will hang. As TCSC man said: no chance to bring it to work. Best regards R. Wingert "Rudolf Wingert" <win@fom.fgan.de> wrote in message news:<001b01c4bccc$61600710$994614ac@wat153>... >> Hallo, >> >> I did get the answer from TCSC Muenchen: The AlphaStation 400 PCI bridge >> does not support the combo cards. So, if OpenVMS scans the bus for the >>present d...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Web resources about - Problems with pinging an as400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

INNOVATION INSIGHTS: How this Australian startup is trying to solve a problem for millions every day ...
If you’ve ever found yourself desperately trying to find city parking, you’re not alone. The problem of sourcing parking, especially in central ...

Brussels terror attacks are Europe's problem, not just Belgium's
Belgium's security forces could have done more to prevent the Brussels attacks, but so could every security service in the world.

No Law Degree? No Problem! Sarah Palin To Preside Over Reality TV Court
Sarah Palin will tell you about a crazy legal theory called rootin’-tootin’ res ipsa loquitur.

Martin Sorrell to 4A's Gathering: 'There Is A Problem' With Gender, Diversity
... J. Walter Thompson's former CEO Gustavo Martinez resigned for alleged sexist and racist remarks, WPP CEO Martin Sorrell said "there is a problem" ...

Apple Has Problems with Its Cloud Infrastructure, Says The Information
... ) Google division for some cloud computing infrastructure, The Information ’s Amir Efrati and Steve Nellis today write that Apple has a problem ...

Obama: Climate Change Is a 'Major' Problem, But ISIS? 'They're Not An Existential Threat'
... on Wednesday. "They're not an existential threat to us," he said. But a few sentences later, he described climate change as a "major" problem. ...

Arizona's voting problems highlight significance of Supreme Court nomination fight
The lines were so long at some voting sites during Arizona's primary Tuesday that people started ordering pizza while they waited. Budget cuts ...

The Problem With Generational Stereotypes At Work
... Kriegel set out to write her doctoral dissertation on the unique attributes of the millennial generation, she discovered one major problem: ...