QDOC library nearing system object limit

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

QDOC library nearing system object limit

I know this is QDLS on the IFS and that we should purge some of the
files.....I am just looking to see how others handled this.

Thanks
0
Reply jflaker (194) 8/12/2009 1:21:02 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9044 articles. 12 followers. Post

Are there limits to object-orientation in a system?
Hi, This is a query I have had for some time but, have been able to articulate it accurately only now: Are there not certain limits to Object Orientation certain types of systems that are commonly developed, like a Web enabled application that interacts with a database. For Example: When interacting with a database, we often call stored procedures from some manager class. This mechanism is inherently non object oriented as the interface that the database provides is organized into procedures and not objects. The problem with this approach is that there is a difficulty in encapsulating const...

What is your favorite object-oriented system library for Scheme?
What is your favorite object-oriented system library for Scheme? Although I don't think that OO is the most common way folks solve problems using Scheme, it is quite possible. Do most of you that use Scheme use objects when you want them, or does it make more sense to use Common Lisp if you are doing objects? ...

ANN: myPDA/mySTEP
To all Mac addicts, Newton fans, NEXTStep gurus, Zaurus-advocats: myPDA-3.1a1 myPDA is a MacOS X like GUI for the Zaurus. It replaces QPE without deleting it from memory or requiring to flash the ROM. Requirements * Zaurus 5500G (other Zaurii may work) * with ROM 2.38 (I have neither tested with OPIE nor ROM 3.10) Installation of myPDA 1. download the .ipk from http://www.dsitri.de/php/projects/project.php?project=myPDA http://www.dsitri.de/php/projects/project.php?project=mySTEP 2. Simply copy the .ipks of myPDA and mySTEP to your Zaurus 3. Install both packages to RAM! ...

~/Library/ vs ~/System/Library vs /User/Library/
And there is a fourth one in ~/var/root/. I would like to understand in which case does a system access or write to a certain Library? Logical assumption would be that it depends on the current user, but for instance some of the preferences or support files are written to a ~/Library regardless of which user is currently logged in. I also noticed that if I register an app logged in as an user, I have a problem running it as a root. This doesn't seem to be a permission issue, rather a support files access problem. But then it sort of "goes away" and I can't establish any ...

Difference /Library and /System/Library
What is the functional difference between putting stuff into /Library/ /System/Library/ ? For example, if I put a font in /Library/Fonts, alternatively in /System/Library/Fonts/, is there a difference in accessibility from different programs? -- Hans Aberg On Fri, 13 May 2005 17:00:44 -0700, Hans Aberg wrote (in message <haberg-1405050200450001@c83-250-195-154.bredband.comhem.se>): > What is the functional difference between putting stuff into > /Library/ > /System/Library/ > ? For example, if I put a font in /Library/Fonts, alternatively in > /System/Library...

A200 limits on objects
Hi A200 has a limit or 32,000+ objects. What is the definition of an 'object'? Does it include controls on a form etc as they are referred to as objects as well in documentation? What does the table MSysQueries count as it has 22,000 records but I don't have that many queries? Sorry for multiple questions but just trying to work out how close to limits a db is and can't find any clear explanation. MSysQueries contains many records for each query. For instance, it has a record to define each field or calculated column in a query that is being displayed in the results...

How to ignore library in Object/library modules:
Hello, All, I am working on a large program which includes around 100 projects with Visual C++ 6.0 and XP. Among these 100 projects, sometimes, more than 50 need to link to other library files, i.e a.lib and b.lib. So I added a.lib and b.lib in link-> Object/library modules. But sometimes, I do not need to link to a.lib and b.lib for these 50 projects. So I removed the path for a.lib and b.lib through tools-> options -> directory. When I compile these projects, the compiler still searches for a.lib and b.lib. Must I remove a.lib and b.lib from Object/library modules ...

IBM Personal System/2
I have a box labeled: IBM Personal System/2 - System Library and there are tons of little books inside containing detailed documentation regarding PS/2 computer systems and OS/2 2.0. They are in incredibly good shape. Covers still shiny as ever. Anyone know how much I could make selling these? Nope......... CT the Pragmatic "Tim Knight" <ferrousp@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040919195654.09844.00000587@mb-m19.aol.com... > Nope......... > > CT the Pragmatic Aw, I dunno.......... if you find the right *victim*, they could be worth dozens o...

Difference /Library/Fonts and /System/Library/Fonts
What is the functional difference between putting stuff into the follwoing two directories /Library/Fonts/ /System/Library/Fonts/ -- Hans Aberg In article <haberg-1405051154160001@c83-250-195-133.bredband.comhem.se>, haberg@math.su.se (Hans Aberg) wrote: > What is the functional difference between putting stuff into the follwoing > two directories > /Library/Fonts/ > /System/Library/Fonts/ The difference is that you shouldn't put anything under /System unless you know you should. And even then double-check. That's Apple's sandbox...

Forms Object Groups vs Object Libraries
Hello Group. I have been reading up on Oracle Forms object groups and object libraries. Can you tell me the pros and cons of one over the other? From what I know, the object groups are nice if I wanted to have different groups for each type of application, but I like the feature where you can use smart classes if object libraries are used. I guess I am really wanting to know if smart classes can be used on the objects inside object groups that live in object libraries. Truly, Emad ...

system limits
How can I determine programmatically various limits on (1) address space. getrlimit(2) can return RLIM_INFINITY, i.e, unlimited, but clearly whatever it is isn't unlimited. For example, RLIMIT_AS (address space) isn't unlimited. RLIMIT_DATA isn't unlimited even if getrlimit() says it is. (2) swap Can I determine programmatically how much swap is available at a given time. For my purposes an approximation is good enough, so I'm not concerned about race conditions on the response. Thanks. Yirg In article <1166595297.474437.130210@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com>, "...

Object Systems
I have been playing around with implementing my own object system recently, not because Scheme lacks object systems, but simply for the fun of it. You can see some of my thoughts/code on my blog (http://pschombe.wordpress.com/) if you wish. I would like to hear some opinions on what are the most important features of a Scheme object system / what is the best Scheme object system, because it is more fun to roll your own when the results are useful. ...

full system restore from tape library-ugly system crash
we have recently purchased a MSL6000 HP tape library and the HP Data Protector backup/restore managing tool.i've managed to take a full system backup of my RHEL 4 U4.i've fully backed up every filesystem. To try a full system restore from tape backup to a fresh RHEL 4 installation,i've restored all my files including -/etc/* -/dev/*, after i created all the necessary partitions and attached all the devices that were there prior to the crash( the system is a test system ) my system crashed on reboot with "kernel not syncing,attempting to kill init". My question is what fi...

Library System
Hi, I'm trying to build a system that manages a book library. I've identified the analysis classes: LibraryMember BookTitle BookCopy Reservation Loan I'm confused about where some of the behaviour goes however. Which class should searchForTitle be implemented? It doesn't seem to sit anywhere. What's the rule for assigning behaviour? How do you know where it goes? Any help would be useful Thanks On 8 Sep 2004 04:15:37 -0700, SteveF wrote: > I'm confused about where some of the behaviour goes however. Which > class should searchForTitle be implemented? '...

object system...
well, anyways, I am back on usenet again as I have managed to locate a working server. I have been away from usenet for a fairly long time, basically since the server with my ISP died and I had no other working server, it was either google groups or nothing, and I just didn't bother much. but, oh well, I figure I will present some of the ideas behind an object system I had implemented and am making use of in my projects, and maybe people can comment if some things are good or not so good. basically, the core of the system is this: Single-Inheritance Class/Instance OO (MI is more-o...

determining what are "system" objects in sp_help or system tables
Hi, I have a few things on my databases which seem to be neither true system objects or user objects - notably a table called 'dtproperties' (created by Enterprise manager as I understand, relating to relationship graphing or something) and some stored procs begining with "dt_" (some kind of source control stuff, possible visual studio related). These show up when I use "exec sp_help 'databaseName'" but not in Ent. Mgr. or in Query Analyzer's object browser, and also not in a third party tool I use called AdeptSQL. I am wondering how those too...

Is System.in an object?
I think System is an object and in is one of System's fields. Can someone give me a clarification? "tenxian" <hi.steven.tu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8d526051-c1c4-4fc1-895b-1b2d7a4738a2@m1g2000pre.googlegroups.com... >I think System is an object and in is one of System's fields. Can > someone give me a clarification? System is a class and "in" is a static field whose value is some kind of InputStream. Check it out in the Javadocs. Matthew Humphrey http://www.iviz.com/ On Apr 27, 9:25 am, "Matt Humphrey" <ma...@iviz.com> w...

Object System
I was wondering if anyone had documents or articles what gave an in- depth view of the object system in Python. Ones concerning dispatch, how self really works, and maybe some meta-programming that comes along with the new style classes. John Mendelewski <john.mendelewski <at> gmail.com> writes: > > I was wondering if anyone had documents or articles what gave an in- > depth view of the object system in Python. Ones concerning dispatch, > how self really works, and maybe some meta-programming that comes > along with the new style classes. What do you mean "h...

System object?
I'm trying to find the name of default fonts from the system object according to the eCS help: 1.Open OS/2 System.. 2.Open System Setup. 3.Open System. Problem is, there's no "System" in the "System Setup" folder and nothing like the "computer with a pale blue screen" that is supposed to be its icon! How can I find out where it went? Thanks, Pierre -- Pierre Jelenc The Gigometer www.gigometer.com The NYC Beer Guide www.nycbeer.org On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 06:21:36 UTC, rcpj@panix.com (Pierre Jelenc) wro...

Object Library
May back in release 9 and up to I think release 20 there was an object library menu pick. The menu pick was something like the weld symbol menu pick. (From about release 20 until now the library has not been available for me to use.) After making a search in this site for previous strings on object library, it makes me think that perhaps someone at that time set all of the menus up for the library, though I'm not sure. Well any way, NOW I'm starting to use Wildfire and I was able to have the library installed one again. I can see object parts from the library, but to do this I ...

Libraries limit?
Hi, I just found that I can't add more than 48 search libraries!! It's possible to increase this? Thanks, Carlos Never mind, I just found an old thread about this absurd limit Carlos ...

Bug in ssl-object library reference page or in ssl-object code?
According to http://docs.python.org/lib/ssl-objects.html 17.2.2 SSL Objects SSL objects have the following methods. read([n]) If n is provided, read n bytes from the SSL connection, otherwise read until EOF. The return value is a string of the bytes read. The behavior I observer when n is not provided doesn't agree with the description. When I call read(), it appears that I get whatever data is currently available. It does not read until EOF. This seems to agree with the comment on the "example" page: http://docs.python.org/lib/socket-example.html ...

reference library missing Microsoft Outlook 10.0 Object Library
I have two computers with MS Access 2000 installed. However one computer has Microsoft Outlook 2002 installed while the other does not. The computer without Microsoft Outlook 2002 does not seem to recognize the Date() Function and Left Function and possibly other functions that I haven't used. The only difference between the reference Libraries is that the computer that cannot read these functions has Microsoft Outlook 10.0 Object Library (Missing). Could these be the problem. If so how do I go about it without having to install Microsoft Outlook 2002 on the computer that is reading the ...

Calling a function from ALL loaded shared object (libraries) (or getting list of all loaded library)
Hi Sorry for cross-post (comp.unix.solaris was the first) - but it looks like I need to do this way.... I have several shared objects (.so), and all of them do have some function with the same name and the same semantics (eg helloWorld). I also have the main binary, which has the same function, and which is linked against some of the shared libraries mentioned above. I need to call each of the functions from the main binary (including the helloWorld from the main module itself) I need generic algorithm, cause I do not want to have hardcoded names of the SO linked with the specific main ...