QDOC library nearing system object limit

QDOC library nearing system object limit

I know this is QDLS on the IFS and that we should purge some of the
files.....I am just looking to see how others handled this.

Thanks
0
jflaker (194)
8/12/2009 1:21:02 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9192 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Are there limits to object-orientation in a system?
Hi, This is a query I have had for some time but, have been able to articulate it accurately only now: Are there not certain limits to Object Orientation certain types of systems that are commonly developed, like a Web enabled application that interacts with a database. For Example: When interacting with a database, we often call stored procedures from some manager class. This mechanism is inherently non object oriented as the interface that the database provides is organized into procedures and not objects. The problem with this approach is that there is a difficulty in encapsulating constants like the names of stored procedures and esp. their parameters in some centralized class. As far as I can think, these constants can either be hard coded or placed in some constants file. But consider a database with around 100+ stored procedures each with around 10+ input/output parameters on average. This approach would require at least 1000 new constants; and managing these would become a problem. Managing the constants if they are hard coded would be even more difficult. Cannot there be some data structure that can encapsulate all the meta data about an entire database along the : - names of all its stored procedures and their parameters - connection information - table and column names - triggers etc. ? Regards, Anurag Tiwari Anurag Tiwari wrote: > This is a query I have had for some time but, have been able to > articulate it accurately only now: > Are there not c...

CBO for sys/system objects
Oracle9i 9207 (64 bit) Solaris 9 (64 bit) We generate statistics for the user schemas via dbms_stats. Works fine although we had to tune a few queries with the RULE hint since it was faster. Questions: 1) should we generate statistics for the sys/system objects? Is it recommended in 9i? we use the default stats gathering in 10g which includes the sys/system objects (out of the box) 2) any known issues in 9i? Thanks for any pointers. wagen On 5 Apr 2006 09:06:48 -0700, wagen123@yahoo.com wrote: >Oracle9i 9207 (64 bit) >Solaris 9 (64 bit) > >We generate statistics for the user schemas via dbms_stats. Works fine >although we had to tune a few queries with the RULE hint since it was >faster. > >Questions: >1) should we generate statistics for the sys/system objects? Is it >recommended in 9i? we use the default stats gathering in 10g which >includes the sys/system objects (out of the box) >2) any known issues in 9i? > >Thanks for any pointers. >wagen Not supported in 9i. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > On 5 Apr 2006 09:06:48 -0700, wagen123@yahoo.com wrote: > >> Oracle9i 9207 (64 bit) >> Solaris 9 (64 bit) >> >> We generate statistics for the user schemas via dbms_stats. Works fine >> although we had to tune a few queries with the RULE hint since it was >> faster. >> >> Questions: >> 1) should we generate statistics for the sys/system obj...

~/Library/ vs ~/System/Library vs /User/Library/
And there is a fourth one in ~/var/root/. I would like to understand in which case does a system access or write to a certain Library? Logical assumption would be that it depends on the current user, but for instance some of the preferences or support files are written to a ~/Library regardless of which user is currently logged in. I also noticed that if I register an app logged in as an user, I have a problem running it as a root. This doesn't seem to be a permission issue, rather a support files access problem. But then it sort of "goes away" and I can't establish any consistent conclusiion why. Is there a definite rule which Library acts as the "current" one and which acts as a "global" ? And, since some files, plug ins, fonts etc can be placed in either Library, which one is preferred and why? Thanks, J Thanks, j In article <110720031327074895%justin.c@se.net>, justin <justin.c@se.net> wrote: > And there is a fourth one in ~/var/root/. I would like to understand in > which case does a system access or write to a certain Library? First off, you're a little bit confused. ~ means your home directory. So the directories are /Library, /System/Library, ~/Library (which is /Users/username/Library). The fourth one is just root's ~/Library. > Logical assumption would be that it depends on the current user, but > for instance some of the preferences or support files are written to a > ~/Libr...

IBM Graphic Image Library System
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130084738747 And take a look at sellers other items. Any idea what this setup is? > And take a look at sellers other items. Any idea what this setup is? http://www.sdsusa.com/dictionary/index.htm 3995: The Compact Optical Library Dataserver. Optical disk system originally announced May 1991 as a replacement for the 9246/7. Available in both fully rewritable and WORM1 forms. March 1993, increased capacity models announced; May 1993, models which emulate the 3390 disk were announced. ESCON support became available early 1994. The mainframe models cost about one half to one fifth of the price of conventional DASD but perform much worse, although some of the performance problems inherent in writing to optical disk are mitigated by staging data via a conventional magnetic DASD. February 1994, a raft of new models for the AS/400 and RS/6000 were announced. Cartridges are interchangeable with the 7209 (UZ: optical drive, see below). SCSI-2 models were introduced in March 1996. Today, there are four distinct families of 3995: zSeries 900, iSeries 400, pSeries and LAN-attached. See also IAFC. http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG245355.html See 7.4.2 Optical drives and Libraries (expand Chapter 7) The C-Series Optical Library is ideally suited for the storage of less frequently accessed data, historical or archived data and storage- intensive applications. IBM's 3995 Optical Libr...

Build a MISC IBM-compatible system?
The last time I looked at MISC processors, Jeff was sticking them in mouses and having a tough time convincing vendors of the potential. Why not just take it a step further, and enter the home/business computer market? Use the cheaper process to manufacture a chip with a few dozen of the same MISC die on them, create an on-chip "emulator" that will provide the same instruction set as an AMD Athlon XP or Intel Pentium 4, and plug this into a normal motherboard. Sure you still have to deal with the bloat of the motherboard, operating system and software - but it is a step in the rig...

A200 limits on objects
Hi A200 has a limit or 32,000+ objects. What is the definition of an 'object'? Does it include controls on a form etc as they are referred to as objects as well in documentation? What does the table MSysQueries count as it has 22,000 records but I don't have that many queries? Sorry for multiple questions but just trying to work out how close to limits a db is and can't find any clear explanation. MSysQueries contains many records for each query. For instance, it has a record to define each field or calculated column in a query that is being displayed in the results. So it is possible, that a single query will have 20 or 30 or more records in the MSysQueries table. I really don't know the definition of objects. I do know that Tables, Forms, Reports, Modules, and macros are all objects. You can list the ***database objects*** (in Access 2003 and earlier) by selecting File: Database Properties and then clicking on the contents tab. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2011 On 7/12/2011 1:50 AM, JeffP wrote: > Hi > > A200 has a limit or 32,000+ objects. > What is the definition of an 'object'? > Does it include controls on a form etc as they are referred to as objects as > well in documentation? > What does the table MSysQueries count as it has 22,000 records but I don't > have that many queries? > > Sorry for multiple questions but just trying to work out how close to limits > a db is and c...

What is your favorite object-oriented system library for Scheme?
What is your favorite object-oriented system library for Scheme? Although I don't think that OO is the most common way folks solve problems using Scheme, it is quite possible. Do most of you that use Scheme use objects when you want them, or does it make more sense to use Common Lisp if you are doing objects? ...

Which SYS or SYSTEM objects should I keep to memory
I've read that some of the sys and system objects would benefit from being pinned to the keep pool. I think I have an active DB with over 600 IO pre sec. I know what most everyone will say, and I've been doing SQL tunning/application tunning, which is never ending. But wanted to focus on this subject pinning objects from sys or system. Thanks I look forward from reading this furom's thoughts, if you know of any objects that are good candidates for the keep pool, please include them in your responce. Jeremy Smith wrote: > I've read that some of the sys and system objects would benefit from > being pinned to the keep pool. I think I have an active DB with over > 600 IO pre sec. I know what most everyone will say, and I've been > doing SQL tunning/application tunning, which is never ending. But > wanted to focus on this subject pinning objects from sys or system. > Thanks I look forward from reading this furom's thoughts, if you know > of any objects that are good candidates for the keep pool, please > include them in your responce. Well here's what one person will say though I'm not sure it is quite what you were looking forward to. Have you read any books on the subject, such as Cary Milsap's or are you just randomly throwing stuff at the wall and hoping something will stick. There is no justification for "never ending" tuning. Get a copy of Optimizing Oracle Performance / ISBN 0-59600-527-X and d...

FTP from AS400 System to Windows System
How to get a Physical file as it is for populating into a excel file, without using i series (plugins, navigators)? On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:05:55 AM UTC-5, Muthukumar Kailasam wrote: > How to get a Physical file as it is for populating into a excel file, without using i series (plugins, navigators)? you can use ODBC to query then populate an excel spreadsheet. Make sure iSeries ODBC was installed on the client and it should be pretty straight forward. To keep users from messing up queries (which they will), use stored procedures or Query manager to run the query to an o...

Auc-tion: IBM PS/2 MicroChannel Model 60 parts (near full system)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270042112766 End time: Oct-28-06 11:25:22 PDT (8 days 21 hours) Shipping costs: US $30.00 Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service Service to United States Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Olympia, WA, United States === Complete Model 60 mainboard. IBM made, has a 286-10 MHz processor (in PGA format - rare). Has eight 16-bit MCA slots. Classic. In good condition, but untested. IBM PS/2 Model 60 or Model 80 power supply. Tested Working. In good condition. IBM PS/2 MicroChannel Video Card. In good condition. And other IBM PS/2 parts (including a spare mainboard)! === No affiliation -- Jelte Hi Jelte, > ...Complete Model 60 mainboard... > ...IBM PS/2 MicroChannel [XGA-2]Video Card... Wonder if he ever tried to run the two together?... David David@IBMMuseum.com Hi David, "IBMMuseum" <David@gilanet.com> schreef in bericht news:1161293851.974925.300000@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi Jelte, >> ...Complete Model 60 mainboard... >> ...IBM PS/2 MicroChannel [XGA-2]Video Card... > Wonder if he ever tried to run the two together?... > David > David@IBMMuseum.com > Sure, and it must have caused him (or her?) a really BIG headache : "Because of health reasons, I must sell this item" Or maybe she tried powerlift...

Auction: IBM PS/2 system Library 56&57 lot of 2 NIB
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-system-Library-56-57-lot-of-2-NIB_W0QQitemZ8793547801QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Apr-15-06 11:44:29 PDT Hi Louis, "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht news:JV7_f.22$zW.1@fe04.lga... > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-system-Library-56-57-lot-of-2-NIB_W0QQitemZ8793547801QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > End time: Apr-15-06 11:44:29 PDT From the same seller: >http://cgi.ebay.com/Micro-channel-gamecard-by-Suncom-Technologies-NIB_W0QQitemZ8787463368QQcategoryZ3666QQcmdZViewItem< For the playful among us ;-) -- Jelte ...

You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable.
You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable. I created a simple web service to access data on the AS400 for a VB.NET project. When I try and add a WEB REFERENCE from my application, I get this error. "You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable." Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help. Tim I have looked at the Object browser for vs using .net 1.1.4something & IEnumerable doesnt require a method Add of any sort that I can see. The help for this interface doesnt mention it either. I dont have any classes in a namespace starting IBM so I cant really tell any more about that. So the only idea I have is you have a different version of mscorlib.dll which has this requirement or you are picking up another dll with interface IEnumerable earlier in the references that mscorlib. Jonathan ...

Auction: IBM System/36 5362 System Unit System Reference Codes (wooden shoes, ho!)
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-System-36-5362-System-Unit-System-Reference-Codes_W0QQitemZ8738424129QQcategoryZ1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Dec-21-05 10:59:09 PST Goes Netherlands IBM System/36 5362 System Unit System Reference Codes http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8738424129 End time: Wednesday, December 21, 2005, at 10:59:09 AM Pacific Standard Time [The output above was from my program simply pasted into the newsreader window. I am still ironing out some bugs like if there is embedded quotes in the item description or if eBay truncates certain strings. Once that is complete I will offer it to the masses] David David@IBMMuseum.com ...

ANN: myPDA/mySTEP
To all Mac addicts, Newton fans, NEXTStep gurus, Zaurus-advocats: myPDA-3.1a1 myPDA is a MacOS X like GUI for the Zaurus. It replaces QPE without deleting it from memory or requiring to flash the ROM. Requirements * Zaurus 5500G (other Zaurii may work) * with ROM 2.38 (I have neither tested with OPIE nor ROM 3.10) Installation of myPDA 1. download the .ipk from http://www.dsitri.de/php/projects/project.php?project=myPDA http://www.dsitri.de/php/projects/project.php?project=mySTEP 2. Simply copy the .ipks of myPDA and mySTEP to your Zaurus 3. Install both packages to RAM! ...

Forms Object Groups vs Object Libraries
Hello Group. I have been reading up on Oracle Forms object groups and object libraries. Can you tell me the pros and cons of one over the other? From what I know, the object groups are nice if I wanted to have different groups for each type of application, but I like the feature where you can use smart classes if object libraries are used. I guess I am really wanting to know if smart classes can be used on the objects inside object groups that live in object libraries. Truly, Emad ...

Difference /Library/Fonts and /System/Library/Fonts
What is the functional difference between putting stuff into the follwoing two directories /Library/Fonts/ /System/Library/Fonts/ -- Hans Aberg In article <haberg-1405051154160001@c83-250-195-133.bredband.comhem.se>, haberg@math.su.se (Hans Aberg) wrote: > What is the functional difference between putting stuff into the follwoing > two directories > /Library/Fonts/ > /System/Library/Fonts/ The difference is that you shouldn't put anything under /System unless you know you should. And even then double-check. That's Apple's sandbox...

why so difficult to get IBM BP quote on IBM i systems?
I am getting nowhere asking different business partners for quotes on the following IBM i edition Power systems: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bladecenter/hardware/servers/js12/799860xi.html http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/hardware/520/configs/9407m151i.html From each BP I am dealing with I ask for the quote and get back something which is twice the price. Some provide detailed pricing, others say IBM does not allow details to be quoted. When I call IBM directly and ask questions like what is the difference between versions of the BCS chassis, I am told I have to ask the BP. Problem is the BP's that can answer questions want to charge list price, while the ones who cant/dont offer a decent discount. I understand the BP system and full service vs discount. Just dont follow why what the IBM web site describes so specifically and understandibly is translated by all the BPs into a higher priced muddle. -Steve ibm business partners must have a valid "value-add" to discuss anything but list prices with a end user. they also must have this "value-add" as the main reason the end user is dealing with them. we'd be happy to try and assist you on your needs, provided our rules allow. www.michsoft.com On May 22, 1:07=A0pm, Steve Richter <StephenRich...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am getting nowhere asking different business partners for quotes on > the following IBM i edition Power systems:http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bl= adecenter/hardwar...

object system...
well, anyways, I am back on usenet again as I have managed to locate a working server. I have been away from usenet for a fairly long time, basically since the server with my ISP died and I had no other working server, it was either google groups or nothing, and I just didn't bother much. but, oh well, I figure I will present some of the ideas behind an object system I had implemented and am making use of in my projects, and maybe people can comment if some things are good or not so good. basically, the core of the system is this: Single-Inheritance Class/Instance OO (MI is more-or-less supported as well, but it is hacky and not well supported by the APIs, so I mostly ignore MI); there are Interfaces, like in Java and friends; .... but, it differs from the normal model some in a few ways: interfaces can implement slots as well as methods; it is technically possible to use any interface with any compatible class (due to a side effect of how the interface mechanism is implemented, the same interface will work on a class regardless of whether or not said class implements the interface as such); it is possible to modify class layout at runtime, and the object system machinery will work to keep everything consistent (internally, a versioning system is used, so an older object may be layed out according to an older version of the class), however doing so will reduce the performance of the class(es) in question; it is possible to add slots to individual in...

Sys and System
Hi everyone, What is the difference between sys and system? And which one is more powerful? If I want to use EXP to create a dump file and then use the dump file with IMP to recreate the database in another machine, which id should I use to do the EXP? Regards Ujang Basically, sys owns the core database objects and system has almost every available privilege. Sys is more powerful. You should use system for full exports and imports. []=B4s ujangmz@gmail.com wrote: > Hi everyone, > > What is the difference between sys and system? And which one is more > powerful? > > If I want to use EXP to create a dump file and then use the dump file > with IMP to recreate the database in another machine, which id should I > use to do the EXP? >=20 > Regards > Ujang marcus.rangel@gmail.com wrote: > Basically, sys owns the core database objects and system has almost > every available privilege. Sys is more powerful. You should use system > for full exports and imports. > > []=B4s > > > ujangmz@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > > > What is the difference between sys and system? And which one is more > > powerful? > > > > If I want to use EXP to create a dump file and then use the dump file > > with IMP to recreate the database in another machine, which id should I > > use to do the EXP? > > > > Regards > > Ujang For the export any id with the export_full_da...

determining what are "system" objects in sp_help or system tables
Hi, I have a few things on my databases which seem to be neither true system objects or user objects - notably a table called 'dtproperties' (created by Enterprise manager as I understand, relating to relationship graphing or something) and some stored procs begining with "dt_" (some kind of source control stuff, possible visual studio related). These show up when I use "exec sp_help 'databaseName'" but not in Ent. Mgr. or in Query Analyzer's object browser, and also not in a third party tool I use called AdeptSQL. I am wondering how those tools know to differentiate between these types of quasi-system objects, and my real user data. (This is for the purpose of a customized schema generator I am writing). I'd prefer to determine this info with system stored procs (ie sp_help, sp_helptex, sp_...etc) but will dip into the system tables if needed. Thanks, Dave Dave C. (spam@spam.spam) writes: > I have a few things on my databases which seem to be neither true system > objects or user objects - notably a table called 'dtproperties' (created > by Enterprise manager as I understand, relating to relationship graphing > or something) and some stored procs begining with "dt_" (some kind of > source control stuff, possible visual studio related). These show up when > I use > > "exec sp_help 'databaseName'" > > but not in Ent. Mgr. or in Query ...

Library System
Hi, I'm trying to build a system that manages a book library. I've identified the analysis classes: LibraryMember BookTitle BookCopy Reservation Loan I'm confused about where some of the behaviour goes however. Which class should searchForTitle be implemented? It doesn't seem to sit anywhere. What's the rule for assigning behaviour? How do you know where it goes? Any help would be useful Thanks On 8 Sep 2004 04:15:37 -0700, SteveF wrote: > I'm confused about where some of the behaviour goes however. Which > class should searchForTitle be implemented? 'Catalog' or.. 'BookCatalog' (whichever name suits you better). > ..What's the rule for assigning behaviour? Ehhh? Could you rephrase that? I do not quite understand. -- Andrew Thompson http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology Andrew Thompson wrote: >>..What's the rule for assigning behaviour? > > Ehhh? Could you rephrase that? > I do not quite understand. I think what Steve was trying to ask was "How do I determine which functionality goes into what class?". -- -Aki "Sus" Laukkanen "Aki \"Sus\" Laukkanen" <aki.laukkanenREMOVETHIS@helsinki.fi> wrote in message news:<chms4c$l66$3@oravannahka.helsinki.fi>... > Andrew Thompson wrote: > > >>..What's the rule f...

For each object in object
I'm trying to do this in VO: Have tried ForEachElement( oEvalObj ) CLASS AbstractCollection:VOCOM32.AbstractCollection:ForEachElement without any luck. My code vo is working but goBeregning:BeregnRefusjon(oRegning) are generating some new objects. I can't get these objects in vo. Any suggestions? "VB code For Each objKode In objRegning.Koder If Not objKode.Gyldig Then strStatus = "Ugyldig!" ElseIf objKode.Stjernekode Then strStatus = "Stjernekode" ElseIf objKode.Aggregert Then If...

Object Systems
I have been playing around with implementing my own object system recently, not because Scheme lacks object systems, but simply for the fun of it. You can see some of my thoughts/code on my blog (http://pschombe.wordpress.com/) if you wish. I would like to hear some opinions on what are the most important features of a Scheme object system / what is the best Scheme object system, because it is more fun to roll your own when the results are useful. ...

Web resources about - QDOC library nearing system object limit - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library's collection can include books , periodicals , newspapers , manuscripts , films , maps , prints , documents , microform , CDs , cassettes ...

Man charged after stalking girl in Cabramatta library for months: police
A man has been charged after allegedly stalking a teenage girl for several months at a library in Sydney's south-west.

Indigenous women celebrated in State Library exhibition
... An exhibition that represents and celebrates the identity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women has opened at Queensland's State Library. ...

This 'Human Library' Put A Face To The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
The Palestinians and Jews of the community posed as a "human library" on Palestine. Each had a desk and a sign specifying if they were Palestinian ...

Pembroke Public Library
My account Change My Password Logout Search Autos Homes Careers Classified Obituaries Postmedia Tuesday, March 15, 2016 Pembroke, ON 2° Fog Sponsored ...

tvOS 9.2 is now available, Apple TV 4 gains Siri Remote dictation, app folders, iCloud Photo Library ...
... again supported for easier text entry. Apple TV apps can now be grouped into folders so you can keep games together, and iCloud Photo Library ...

Inside library dedicated to North Korea
CNN's Ivan Watson goes inside the National Library of Korea in Seoul, South Korea, and looks at the wing that gives a glimpse of the North.

Flowers left at Reagan Library following first lady's death
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (AP) — The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum was closed Sunday following the death of Nancy Reagan, but a steady ...