Query that blocks AS400

Hi!
I have a VB program , that creates a query in a dynamic way, depending
on the users selections.
So, one of the query that it creates is the below query. It consists
in 6 unions, the first 3 are more simple and returns one registers
each one, and the next 3 returns some more registers.
If I execute the query in this order the process, begins to catch CPU,
since it block the AS400.
If I change the order and I put the last 3 statment before the first
3, then the query runs correctly.
Could anybody explain me what happen?
We have the last version of AS400, and it happends also if I execute
the query with the Operations Navigator.

Thanks in advance and sorry by my english.

This is the query:

 Select 2 As Tipo, 2 As Semana,  0 As SIN_A, 0 As SIN_B, 0 As SIN_C,
0 As COBRADO, 0 As PREVISTO, 0 As NO_PREVISTO  From (Select Count(*)
From LIB.TB_DETAIL) AS UNICOREG

Union All

 Select 2 As Tipo, 3 As Semana,  0 As SIN_A, 0 As SIN_B, 0 As SIN_C,
0 As COBRADO, 0 As PREVISTO, 0 As NO_PREVISTO  From (Select Count(*)
From LIB.TB_DETAIL) AS UNICOREG

Union All

 Select 2 As Tipo, 5 As Semana,  0 As SIN_A, 0 As SIN_B, 0 As SIN_C,
0 As COBRADO, 0 As PREVISTO, 0 As NO_PREVISTO  From (Select Count(*)
From LIB.TB_DETAIL) AS UNICOREG

Union All

Select  1 As Tipo,  1 As Semana, Sum(Case When C.Endoso<>'S' And
C.EndDis<>'S' And D.ForCob In (1, 2, 7, 18, 21) Then Princi Else 0
End) As SIN_A, Sum(Case When C.Endoso<>'S' And C.EndDis<>'S' And
D.ForCob In (4, 6, 9, 13) Then Princi Else 0 End) As SIN_B, Sum(Case
When C.Endoso<>'S' And C.EndDis<>'S' And D.ForCob In (10, 15, 19, 22)
Then Princi Else 0 End) As SIN_C,  Sum(Case When C.Endoso='S' Or
C.EndDis='S' Then Princi Else 0 End) As COBRADO,  Sum(Case When
Int(D.FecPrv/100) >=200101 And  Int(D.FecPrv/100) <200101 Then Princi
Else 0 End) As PREVISTO,  Sum(Case When  Int(D.FecPrv/100) <200101 Or
Int(D.FecPrv/100) >=200101 Then Princi Else 0 End) As NO_PREVISTO
From LIB.TB_CABEC C  Left Join LIB.TB_DETAIL D On  C.Empres=D.Empres
And C.Certif=D.Certif And  C.RetSN = D.RetSN Where  Int(D.FecVal/100)
>=200101 And  Int(D.FecVal/100) <200101

Union All

Select  1 As Tipo,  2 As Semana, Sum(Case When C.Endoso<>'S' And
C.EndDis<>'S' And D.ForCob In (1, 2, 7, 18, 21) Then Princi Else 0
End) As SIN_A, Sum(Case When C.Endoso<>'S' And C.EndDis<>'S' And
D.ForCob In (4, 6, 9, 13) Then Princi Else 0 End) As SIN_B, Sum(Case
When C.Endoso<>'S' And C.EndDis<>'S' And D.ForCob In (10, 15, 19, 22)
Then Princi Else 0 End) As SIN_C,  Sum(Case When C.Endoso='S' Or
C.EndDis='S' Then Princi Else 0 End) As COBRADO,  Sum(Case When
Int(D.FecPrv/100) =200101 Then Princi Else 0 End) As PREVISTO,
Sum(Case When  Int(D.FecPrv/100) <>200101 Then Princi Else 0 End) As
NO_PREVISTO  From LIB.TB_CABEC C  Left Join LIB.TB_DETAIL D On
C.Empres=D.Empres And C.Certif=D.Certif And  C.RetSN = D.RetSN  Where
Int(D.FecVal/100) =200101

Union All

Select  2 As Tipo,  Int((D.FecVal-20010101)/7)+1  As Semana, Sum(Case
When C.Endoso<>'S' And C.EndDis<>'S' And D.ForCob In (1, 2, 7, 18, 21)
Then Princi Else 0 End) As SIN_A, Sum(Case When C.Endoso<>'S' And
C.EndDis<>'S' And D.ForCob In (4, 6, 9, 13) Then Princi Else 0 End) As
SIN_B, Sum(Case When C.Endoso<>'S' And C.EndDis<>'S' And D.ForCob In
(10, 15, 19, 22) Then Princi Else 0 End) As SIN_C,  Sum(Case When
C.Endoso='S' Or C.EndDis='S' Then Princi Else 0 End) As COBRADO,
Sum(Case When  Int((D.FecVal-20010101)/7)+1 =
Int((D.FecPrv-20010101)/7)+1  Then Princi Else 0 End) As PREVISTO,
Sum(Case When  Int((D.FecVal-20010101)/7)+1 <>
Int((D.FecPrv-20010101)/7)+1  Then Princi Else 0 End) As NO_PREVISTO
From LIB.TB_CABEC C  Left Join LIB.TB_DETAIL D On  C.Empres=D.Empres
And C.Certif=D.Certif And  C.RetSN = D.RetSN  Where  Int(D.FecVal/100)
=200101 Group By  Int((D.FecVal-20010101)/7)+1
0
sadell (5)

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 Queries with out a existing query
Wondered if you could jog my memory a bit. Its been years since I've worked on an AS400. I recall there is a way to issue a QUERY command to have it list the data with in a file with out creating an entire query. I thought it was a QUERY *N .... but that doesn't seem to work. Thanks for any help. Try: runqry *n libname/filename A Switzer wrote: > Wondered if you could jog my memory a bit. > > Its been years since I've worked on an AS400. > > I recall there is a way to issue a QUERY command to have it list the > data with in a file with out creating an entire query. > > I thought it was a QUERY *N .... but that doesn't seem to work. > > Thanks for any help. Thats the one, Thank You! janssen_@hotmail.com (A Switzer) wrote in message news:<65116016.0408261509.497cfbb8@posting.google.com>... > Wondered if you could jog my memory a bit. > > Its been years since I've worked on an AS400. > > I recall there is a way to issue a QUERY command to have it list the > data with in a file with out creating an entire query. > > I thought it was a QUERY *N .... but that doesn't seem to work. > > Thanks for any help. ...

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 Printing queries
Hi, I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a way I can do this? Thanks in advance!! Shannon Set the number of columns to 80 in the "Select output type and output form" option, second screen Form size - Width. - Bob Comer "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > Shannon > > > > > > I forgot to mention that it only prints landscape on laser printers. It prints as it should on our wide impact printer. Shannon "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > ...

Query AS400 with ASP
Hello I'm trying a connection to AS400 with ASP pages, my problem is when I use a query like this: CommandText = "SELECT btforn, pruser FROM carg.bolef WHERE btforn=16046;" The query retuns to me all the records an not only the records with btforn=16046. Can you help me plese??? Thanks F.V. On May 24, 11:28 am, aldobe...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello > I'm trying a connection to AS400 with ASP pages, my problem is when I > use a query like this: > CommandText = "SELECT btforn, pruser FROM carg.bolef WHERE > btforn=16046;" > > The query retuns to me all the records an not only the records with > btforn=16046. > > Can you help me plese??? > Thanks > > F.V. I notice that you have an ";" inside the quotes rather than outside which looks a little strange. Otherwise the most likely cause is that somehow you are losing the WHERE clause when the query is being submitted to OS/400. Make sure you don't have any control characters in your CommandText string. If this is fine then you can use iSeries OpsNav to start a database performance monitor and monitor the SQL requests it is receiving. John Garrould ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

SQL queries on AS400 database
Hi, Currently I use a program called DataSelect for running queries on my AS400 database. From Clarion 5.5. I open a DDE channel and have the outcom of the query running into a dBase IV file, from where I can access the data in my Clarion applications. I am sure there must be a way to run SQL based queries directly on the AS400, using the ODBC connection I have setup with the database, but I don't know how to set this up and how to ensure that the data ends in a table (TopSpeed file). Anybody who could help me? Thanks for your reply, Gerard Hi, > I am sure there must be a way to run SQL based queries directly on the > AS400, using the ODBC > connection I have setup with the database, but I don't know how to set this > up and how to > ensure that the data ends in a table (TopSpeed file). Import the AS400 filedefinitions into your dictionary using the ODBC filedriver. Then you can either access these files in your application as you would access topspeed files (kind of), or you can copy the contents to a topspeedfile (e/g using a Process type procedure) HTH -- Arie Rens (RADventure B.V.) Maarssen, the Netherlands http://www.radventure.nl SoftVelocity Distributor for the Benelux try winsql lite. it free. it allow you to browse tru any database via odbc. from winsql then you can decide which table to import. "Arie Rens (RADventure B.V.)" <reader8@radventure.nl> wrote in message news:VA.00000107.43058c20@radventure.nl... &...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

Running Totals in AS400 Query
Hi, Is there a way of creating a running total field in AS400 query Lets say I have 2 fields 1. Date of Transaction 2. Amount. eg -2000 +50, -55 Date Amount Running Total 01/01/07 200 200 02/01/07 -50 150 I want to create the running total field using the Amount field programmatically. I plan to use the define report fields screens. Any ideas or help appreciated, Many Thanks, Ant AS400 Query Beginner excel-ant wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way of creating a running total field in AS400 query Nope. . IIRC, the Query/38 feature offered that function. That software comes with OPTION(06) of i5/OS. If that option is installed, CALL QCL, then issue DSNQRYAPP Beyond that, I recall almost nothing about it except that F1=Exit. Thus if your PF1 key is mapped to only Help, be sure to first remap your keyboard to allow exit/save of the designed query report/application. If you can create some SQL VIEW that gets the data in rows that the Query/400 reporting can present, then you could replace the query of the file with a report of the VIEW -- with or without summary processing in the query definition, depending on what the VIEW achieves for you. I do not want my brain to hurt, so I have not given this any thought for the given example. Regards, Chuck -- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever excel-ant wrote: > Is there a way of creating a running total field ...

Trigger blocks our AS400 applications
Hi, We need to log every access on a specific (main)-file of our system. (not our choice, but a demand of a business partner) The only way to accomplish this, that we know of, is using a read-trigger. So we did some tests (V5R2). If an application takes a record in Update-lock (non exclusive lock) during a transaction, and at the same time there is a (read)-Trigger actif, no Query, Read, ODBC or whatever can read the File beyond that record. => CPF5027 "Record in use" ,errorcode = 2 job ####/user/$$$$$$$ was not waiting on a lock held by this job If I remove the trigger, everything works as expected. The indicated job is the one that has read the record for update. "This job" did not take any lock. Even worse, with not any used record (not in update nor in read), if we want to access the file using a Join Logical file , the Read instruction blocks before any read has been done . => MCH3601, pointer not set in QSYS/QDBGETKY RMVPFTRG and all reads work fine again ... If I want to access the file (FLI) via a simple Query and a record has been taken for update in another session "runqry qry(*NONE) qryfile(FLI)" I get the error QRY5050 . Commitment control with lock level *ALL is active . The read-trigger apparently changes the commitlevel to *ALL , as for me, there is not any reason to do so. Is there another way to log all accesses on a file (without affecting other files in the database) Is there any circumvention for this misb...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

AS400 Query Combining Numeric Fields
Hi! Does anyone know how to combine numeric fields in AS 400 query? I have 3 fields that are numeric FIELD1 FIELD2 FIELD3... would like to combine them to be FIELD1/FIELD2/FIELD3 - if FIELD1 is 1 and FIELD2 is 8 and FIELD3 is 7 = then it should combine them to 1/8/7 I have tried to play around with define views but can not figure it out. Please help if anyone has any advice. Thanks in advance. Create a new field with: Digits(Fld1) !! '/' !! Digits(Fld2) !! '/' !! Digits(Fld3) Birgitta That example is a bit too simplistic to infer the intentions. Does the data type of the /result field/ need to be character data type? Zero prefix disallowed? What are the attributes of the /numeric/ fields? create view qtemp.combined as (select rtrim(char(field1)) concat rtrim(char(field2)) concat rtrim(char(field3)) as F123 from thelib.thefile ) Regards, Chuck lcollinsfl@hotmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know how to combine numeric fields in AS 400 query? I > have 3 fields that are numeric FIELD1 FIELD2 FIELD3... would like to > combine them to be FIELD1/FIELD2/FIELD3 - > > if FIELD1 is 1 and FIELD2 is 8 and FIELD3 is 7 = then it should > combine them to 1/8/7 > > I have tried to play around with define views but can not figure it > out. ...

DATE CALCULATIONS USING AS400 QUERY
I NEED TO ACCESS DATA FOR ONLY LAST 30 DAYS IN OUR DATABASE. HOW DO I CREATE A DATE VARIALBLE THAT I CAN USE TO SEARCH DATABASE. I KNOW HOW TO GET CURRENT(DATE), BUT I WANT CURRENT(DATE)-30. ANY HELP?? Current(Date) - 30 Days Birgitta On 10 Aug., 17:33, JIMBO <JST...@SHENANDOAHFURNITURE.COM> wrote: > I NEED TO ACCESS DATA FOR ONLY LAST 30 DAYS IN OUR DATABASE. HOW DO I > CREATE A DATE VARIALBLE THAT I CAN USE TO SEARCH DATABASE. I KNOW HOW > TO GET CURRENT(DATE), BUT I WANT CURRENT(DATE)-30. ANY HELP?? On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:33:40 -0700, JIMBO wrote: > I NEED TO ACCESS DATA FOR ONLY LAST 30 DAYS IN OUR DATABASE. HOW DO I > CREATE A DATE VARIALBLE THAT I CAN USE TO SEARCH DATABASE. I KNOW HOW > TO GET CURRENT(DATE), BUT I WANT CURRENT(DATE)-30. ANY HELP?? It's not that hard with SQL (*QMQRY). SELECT DATE(DAYS(CURDATE()) - 30) will hand back the date 30 days prior. -- 6. I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them. --Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord On Aug 10, 1:04 pm, "Hau...@sss-software.de" <Hau...@sss-software.de> wrote: > Current(Date) - 30 Days > > Birgitta > > On 10 Aug., 17:33, JIMBO <JST...@SHENANDOAHFURNITURE.COM> wrote: > > > > > I NEED TO ACCESS DATA FOR ONLY LAST 30 DAYS IN OUR DATABASE. HOW DO I > > CREATE A DATE VARIALBLE THAT I CAN USE TO SEARCH DATABASE. I KNOW HOW > > TO GET CU...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

Excel>MS Query>AS400
Setup: Windows XP, Excel 2003, OS400 v5r2 I am trying to connect to the as400 using MS Excel & MSQuery but keep getting the following error when I try to connect. SQL0204 - systables in qsys2 type *file not found I was able to do this on another AS400 in the past (don't recall OS400 version). I have Client Access installed so I think I have the approporiate ODBC drivers already installed. I read somewhere that the problem might be a missing or outdated jt400.jar file. If this is the case, where do I get it & how/where do I install it? Can anyone suggest possible solutions to this problem? Thanks, Jim The jt400.jar is the AS/400 Java Toolbox. If you are trying to connect using JDBC, this could be the culprit. You can find find the jar on the IBM website. If you are trying to connect another way (ODBC for eample), then this Jar probably isn't relevant. Are you sure you have authority to see the qsys2 library and systables file? walker, Thanks for the reply. I am not explicitly trying to access qsys2. I am guessing MS Query is trying to access this library/file to return a list of tables for me to query. I tried changing my user type to SECOFR and I got the same results. I am not sure why it is looking at qsys2 since my default library is qgpl. Thanks, Jim It's looking in qsys because it thinks you are looking for a table called systables (which is in the qsys2 library). Are you saying you are trying to get the AS/400 to list all of the ta...

Does IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux?
Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which distribution is available? Al Al Bogner wrote: > Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which > distribution is available? The following shows the which models support Linux. http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/pdfs/guide.pdf ...

Execute Query Stored on AS400 from Excel VBA
I connect to our AS400 using ODBC and pass SQL from Excel 2003 VBA. Due to performance issues, some queries are stored on the AS400, and executed manually. They are in a library named "PRDJ73QRY". Can these queries be executed from within Excel 2003 VBA (so that a user does not have to manually execute the query), and if so, could I see a sample of the code? We use "IBM iSeries Access for Windows". With later releases of OS/400, can you still use Public cnAS400 As ADODB.Connection Set cnAS400 = New ADODB.Connection cnAS400.Open "Provider=IBMDA400; data source=system_name;", "user_ID;", "password;" cnAS400.Execute "{{QSYS/DSPFD FILE(*ALLUSR/QS36SRC) TYPE(*RCDFMT) " & _ "OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(QS36F/S36LIBS)}}", 0, adCmdText IBMDA used to be part of the Express client so should be worth trying. Best of luck Peter Kinsman "White Horse" <michael_13143@msn.com> wrote in message news:1114546735.788216.254130@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I connect to our AS400 using ODBC and pass SQL from Excel 2003 VBA. > > Due to performance issues, some queries are stored on the AS400, and > executed manually. They are in a library named "PRDJ73QRY". > > Can these queries be executed from within Excel 2003 VBA (so that a > user does not have to manually execute the query), and if so, could I > see a sample of the code? > >...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > A quick google search didn't show much in the way of DB2 ODBC drivers for Mac, but there's an odbc-to-jdbc bridge product that may be helpful: http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Kaj Julius wrote: > http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ > (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Thank you Kaj, I will take a look. -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

AS400 - RPG - UDB - DB2 - ODBC
I tried to locate the FAQ, hope I am not asking a common question. I am working with a very good RPG programmer on a system he knows inside out on an old AS400 (720) system. However it has been upgraded to an eServer and anything new he doesn't have much knowledge of. It's got all of the IBM stuff (UDB etc) I am successfully running queries against the DB2 database via ODBC / JDBC (am not tied to either). However I need to call an RPG program passing a parameter and retrieving 2, there is no way to just do the SQL (long story, trust me!). I believe there is a way to: call lib.progr('var1',?,?) but I can't get it to work. Getting messages like <eb1>SQL0204 - PROGR in type *N not found. I think it just can't find it. I think there is something I need to have done to the program? However, if there is I am not sure how and nor is the RPG programmer! Please if anyone can help point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful. I have full access to the machine, and at the moment am testing through ODBC/JDBC using a windows machine, I will probably be using PHP and linux to actually run against the machine at some point. NeilC wrote: > I have full access to the machine, and at the moment am testing > through ODBC/JDBC using a windows machine, I will probably be using > PHP and linux to actually run against the machine at some point. Speaking in Java: get jt400.jar from either a PC with iSeries Access (formarly known as ...

Web resources about - Query that blocks AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Block - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'Personal limo service': treasured by politicians, COMCARS are now on the chopping block
One of the most treasured pollie perks could be on the chopping block.

A block of ice twice the size of Manhattan is about to fall off Antarctica
VIDEO: A 30-mile long crack in the Nansen Ice Shelf could break off a block off ice twice the size of Manhattan at any moment.

Anti-Trump protesters block Arizona highway
A Phoenix highway leading to a presidential campaign rally for Donald Trump has been shut down by protesters

'Personal limo service': treasured by politicians, COMCARS are now on the chopping block
One of the most treasured pollie perks could be on the chopping block.

Donald Trump protesters block traffic in Fountain Hills, Arizona (VIDEO)
Protesters lined the streets of Fountain Hills on Saturday morning to block traffic to the Donald Trump rally. . Arizona's source for breaking ...

Jusuf Nurkic Stares Down LeBron James After Denying Him with Huge Block - Bleacher Report
... eyes. The Denver Nuggets big man knocked LeBron James off his throne on Monday night, denying the Cleveland Cavaliers star with a huge block ...

Use Topic, Tone & Format to Bypass Writer's Block
... your writing? Are you typically serious? Passionate? Whimsical? All business? Consistency is good, but when you hit a bout of writer’s block, ...

Samantha Bee rips the false 'rule' that Republicans use to block the Supreme Court nominee
Samantha Bee laid out the political squabbling over President Barack Obama's nomination for the late Antonin Scalia's spot on the US Supreme ...

Protesters block road outside Trump Arizona event, march in NYC
CNN Protesters block road outside Trump Arizona event, march in NYC CNN Washington (CNN) Dozens of protesters blocked traffic near a Donald ...