question about printing reports from the as400

I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only.

Here is the problem:

We have some users that print a particular report from the 400.
The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a Windows XP PC
and has a client access session associated with it.  THe printer is shared
off of  one of the user's PCs, she is runing Client Access Express

The other two users have windows 98 PCs running client access 95.

The report is supposed to print out in landscape mode.  it is 142 characters
long.  My understanding is anything over 96 defaults to landscape?

Anyways, just recently the report started printing in portrait and we cannot
get it back to printing in landscape mode.

I have deleted the printer session and set it back up, and have deleted the
client access sessions on the PCs and set them back up but it still doesnt
print landscape.

Yet there are other reports they send to this printer that DO print
landscape.

Plus on another PC one of our programmers printed the report we are having
this problem with to a networked copier and it DID print in landscape.

I am guessing there is a setting somewhere we are not looking at, but dont
really know.

Any help would be appreciated.

gary

gary wrote:
> I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only.
>
> Here is the problem:
>
> We have some users that print a particular report from the 400.
> The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a
Windows XP PC
> and has a client access session associated with it.  THe printer is
shared
> off of  one of the user's PCs, she is runing Client Access Express
>
> The other two users have windows 98 PCs running client access 95.
>
> The report is supposed to print out in landscape mode.  it is 142
characters
> long.  My understanding is anything over 96 defaults to landscape?
>
> Anyways, just recently the report started printing in portrait and we
cannot
> get it back to printing in landscape mode.
>
> I have deleted the printer session and set it back up, and have
deleted the
> client access sessions on the PCs and set them back up but it still
doesnt
> print landscape.
>
> Yet there are other reports they send to this printer that DO print
> landscape.
>
> Plus on another PC one of our programmers printed the report we are
having
> this problem with to a networked copier and it DID print in
landscape.

> I am guessing there is a setting somewhere we are not looking at, but
dont
> really know.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>

> gary

I changed the printer setting in the Client Access seesion for the
printer to print everything as landscape.  You may want to look at the
OVRPRTF command in CL, too.

Thad Rizzi

0
thad_rizzi (231)
12/20/2004 9:33:49 PM
thanks, I will give that a try.

gary

"Thad Rizzi" <thad_rizzi@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> gary wrote:
> > I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only.
> >
> > Here is the problem:
> >
> > We have some users that print a particular report from the 400.
> > The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a
> Windows XP PC
> > and has a client access session associated with it.  THe printer is
> shared
> > off of  one of the user's PCs, she is runing Client Access Express
> >
> > The other two users have windows 98 PCs running client access 95.
> >
> > The report is supposed to print out in landscape mode.  it is 142
> characters
> > long.  My understanding is anything over 96 defaults to landscape?
> >
> > Anyways, just recently the report started printing in portrait and we
> cannot
> > get it back to printing in landscape mode.
> >
> > I have deleted the printer session and set it back up, and have
> deleted the
> > client access sessions on the PCs and set them back up but it still
> doesnt
> > print landscape.
> >
> > Yet there are other reports they send to this printer that DO print
> > landscape.
> >
> > Plus on another PC one of our programmers printed the report we are
> having
> > this problem with to a networked copier and it DID print in
> landscape.
> >
> > I am guessing there is a setting somewhere we are not looking at, but
> dont
> > really know.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >

> > gary
>
> I changed the printer setting in the Client Access seesion for the
> printer to print everything as landscape.  You may want to look at the
> OVRPRTF command in CL, too.
>
> Thad Rizzi

Hello all, I'm working on a program that needs to send a print job to a printer connected to an AS/400. I've tried using the SpooledFileOutputStream and I've also tried using one of the SCS Writer classes. Neither solution is working. With the SpooledFileOutputStream I am at least able to create my print file, but when my program ends, the file is still not being printed. This program does not run on the AS400, it runs on a PC and connects to the AS400 via the toolkit classes. I know this part works as I am able to use the toolkit to access Data Queues, Files and Data Areas witho...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi. What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on V5R1) ? Regards, Tom tom wrote: > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? Probably FTP. "tom" <tomeks@comp.pl> wrote in message news:c8c9u5$fb4$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? > > Regards, > Tom > > It depends how often you are doing the copying & how much there is. If you want say one record but every 3 seconds then you...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi All I am creating a database trigger to write details real time from tables on one AS400 to another over our WAN. Is there such a concept as ODBC connections on the AS400 to perform this task and if so can anyone explain how I would configure such a connection. There will be a process on the receiving AS400 waiting to process the data as soon as it is received. All provious data transfer between AS400's in our organisation have been using SAVF and FTP but this is a differnet issue. Thanks in advance for any help offered Iain Iain racontait dans comp.databases....

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to fin...

AS400 prints blank page on HP 4000N after each report
I've noticed many people have already submitted this type of problem but I haven't seen a resolution yet. The MIS department tell me that they have solved the extra page printing on Lexmark laser printers, but not HP laser printers. They have suggested that I purchase a new printer, which I can't....not in the budget. I'm printing on pre-printed forms, and we're wasting half of them because a blank page comes out after each job (they are 1-page reports and the extra sheet that comes out cannot be re-used because they are too dry and jam-up the printer). Is there a comman...

Print to AS400
I inherited a system which sends a print job to AS400 print queue. I recently migrated the server from Solaris 8 to Solaris 9. I checked the configuration and everything looks OK, but it still isn't sending the file to the AS400 server. /etc/printers.conf usbax7.frmunix|frmunix:\ :bsdaddr=usbax7,frmunix,Solaris: pbaxsnd05# lpstat -p usbax7.frmunix printer usbax7.frmunix unknown state. enabled since Jul 05 09:33 2006. available. pbaxsnd05# lpstat -o usbax7.frmunix I tried to send the same print job, the print job just hung. pbaxsnd05# lpr -P usbax7.frmunix -1 /pd05m00/logs...

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if p...

AS400 Printing
Hello, I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into the right direction. Thanks, Shannon Go to Knowledge Base. http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase Search for "tray" or "drawer". Do some experimenting. Default drawer in a spoolfile is "1". In which tray does th...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues
Hi All, We have two AS400's at different locations, and were able to passthrough and send files between both no problems. Last week one of our AS400's was moved to another location, with an IP change. We have updated the IP addresses on the other AS400 and can passthrough fine....however we can no longer send files from the new location. When I look at the distribution queue I see the following status: RTY-FAIL Any idea's as to what may be causing this? Thanks, Mike mot98@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, > > We have two AS400's at different locations, and were able...

A Basic question on Connecting non-IBM FC Disk Subsystem to AS400
Hi, I'm exploring connecting a non-IBM AS400 disk subsystem to AS400, for example connecting an IBM FAStT Storage Subsystem to the AS400. Can this be done? If so what do I need to get this working? Is the config certified by IBM? Thank you. ...

Questions about printing, printing and printing
Hi everybody. A friend of mine give me two HP calculators he dont'use anymore: an HP-28S and an HP-17BII. Including my HP-49G+, now I have 3 HP calculators that are able to print (on a "grand total" of 6 HP calculators). I would like to print something but I don't want to spend too much (my wife can't understand). Now the questions: 1. Are some printers out there compatible with the 3 calcs? 2. Do you know if is there a IR printer server that can be connected to an external printer (USB, parallel, RS232, etc.). 3. Do know if is possibile to use a PC as a printer...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if p...

AS400 Admin question
New to as400. Can a text configuration file be copied from to another file with something like CPYF FROMFILE(probedir/probe.cfg) TOFILE(otherprobedir/probe.cfg) CRTFILE(*YES) ? Any help is appreciated. --C-- On 10-Feb-2012 09:59 , Court Cannick wrote: > New to as400. Can a text configuration file be copied from to > another file with something like CPYF FROMFILE(probedir/probe.cfg) > TOFILE(otherprobedir/probe.cfg) CRTFILE(*YES) ? > > Any help is appreciated. > The CPYF CL command allows only reference to the /QSYS.LIB file system, enabling access to both database *...

Web resources about - question about printing reports from the as400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Question Of The Day: Would any Americans buy a small pickup?
Filed under: Etc. , Car Buying There was once a time when Americans had their pick of small-but-useful pickups. Would we tolerate them today? ...

Dog questions.
1. Should I pick a particular breed because I thought of a name that's specific to the breed? I'm thinking of a pug named Nate , which would ...

Yellen Says Legality of Negative Fed Rates in Question
The Federal Reserve has not yet determined whether it would be able to legally implement negative interest rates in the U.S., Chair Janet Yellen ...

Here's the tricky interview question Larry Ellison asked to hire extremely smart employees
In his new book, " Superbosses ," Dartmouth business professor Sydney Finkelstein describes a type of leader who thrives on making other people ...

Super Bowl ad raises questions about mortgage process - Videos - CBS News
After a commercial touting an easier way to receive a mortgage aired during the Super Bowl, critics blasted the company who ran it, saying easy ...

10 key questions for NH voters
CNBC's John Harwood sat down at a Concord bar and restaurant and asked some New Hampshire voters questions about this election.

Seth Meyers Mocks Ben Carson’s Debate Entrance, Questions Is Carson ‘Really A Brain Surgeon?’
Seth Meyers Mocks Ben Carson’s Debate Entrance, Questions Is Carson ‘Really A Brain Surgeon?

Podtoid questions: It's what's for dinner
Let me tell you about questions: I like 'em, I love 'em, and I want some more of 'em. Podtoid 322: Football or Gay Porn? was a great 'cast that's ...

Question of the Day: What Kinds of Accessories do You Buy for Your Phones?
When you buy a new smartphone, not only do you get to enjoy a brand new phone with new features and a new camera and a new gorgeous display, ...