retaining spool files

The problem is that the spool files are being deleted by the system.
Is there a way to change the spool file retention of this specific
outq?  Please let me know if this is a possibility

On 6 Dec, 09:20, s.ganeshnagara...@gmail.com wrote:
> The problem is that the spool files are being deleted by the system.
> Is there a way to change the spool file retention of this specific
> outq?  Please let me know if this is a possibility

There are of course a number of ways to delete spool files - you
mention the spools are being deleted by the system so this could
depend on whether or not there is any expiration date/days on the
printer spool files or if there is another housekeeping program in
use.

At V5R4M0, spool file retention is done at the spool file level via
the EXPDATE and DAYS parameters when creating/changing the spool file
(CRTPRTF and CHGSPLF commands). Spool files can be removed from the
system using the DLTEXPSPLF command. So, for example, if you have some
spool files which you would like to keep for, let's say, 14 days you
can change the printer file which is used to generate the file.

This should serve as a starter for you...
Reeve
On Dec 6, 4:20 am, s.ganeshnagara...@gmail.com wrote:
> The problem is that the spool files are being deleted by the system.
> Is there a way to change the spool file retention of this specific
> outq?  Please let me know if this is a possibility

There is a nice free tool out there that deletes, copies, and/or saves
spool files.   It called DLTOLDSPLF and can be setup to run in batch
or as needed.  Download from    http://www.hkrebs.dk/dltoldsplf.html
0
graybeard (174)
12/6/2007 4:37:30 PM
   Both "the spool files" and "this specific outq" are unnamed.  If the
concern is for the QEZ* output queues [QEZDEBUG and QEZJOBLOG] for both
Service [dump, debug] and Joblogs, then investigate ?CHGCLNUP settings
both for if/when it is activated and more specifically, the:
    "Job logs and system output . . SYSPRT()" number of days.

Regards, Chuck
employer

s.ganeshnagarajan@gmail.com wrote:
> The problem is that the spool files are being deleted by the system.
> Is there a way to change the spool file retention of this specific
> outq?  Please let me know if this is a possibility
0
crpence (662)
12/6/2007 4:45:49 PM
s.ganeshnagarajan@gmail.com wrote:
> The problem is that the spool files are being deleted by the system.
> Is there a way to change the spool file retention of this specific
> outq?  Please let me know if this is a possibility

If these files are in OUTQ QUSRSYS/QEZJOBLOG or QUSRSYS/QEZDEBUG, then
Chuck's suggestion should get you where you need to go to make adjustments.

If you are on V5R4, (as suggested by Reeve) you could check to see if
the spooled files attribute Expiration Date is not *NONE.  You can
change existing spooled files Expiration date using CHGSPLFA...if you
want it for future spooled files, you would need to change the printer
file used to create that spooled file.

If neither of the two afore mentioned conditions exist, you could turn
on system auditing for spool data and find out who is doing the
deletion...from there you have a chance of determining what the next
step is to change the "retention period".  It could be possible a
DLTOLDSPLF program is being run as indicated by Graybeard.

Go to the iSeries Information Center Security Reference Manual for
determining how to turn on system auditing.  Be aware that turning on
auditing can affect performance and disk space.

--
Rodney A Johnson
Technical Team Lead for i5/OS (AS/400) Spool

my employer, IBM.  All responsibility for the statements
sender.
0
rodjohns (130)
12/7/2007 1:07:30 AM
what I had seen in my system are
1. OS version is still V5R2, on process of upgrading it
2. QRCLSPLSTG value is set as 3
3. RCLSPLSTG command runs thrice a week (Sun, Wed and Fri) RCLSPLSTG
DAYS(2)
the spool files, those have got printed, the status gets changed to
SAV, those spool files are getting deleted automatically from the
system

any suggestion or advice on this
Ganesh wrote:
> what I had seen in my system are
> 1. OS version is still V5R2, on process of upgrading it
> 2. QRCLSPLSTG value is set as 3
> 3. RCLSPLSTG command runs thrice a week (Sun, Wed and Fri) RCLSPLSTG
> DAYS(2)
> the spool files, those have got printed, the status gets changed to
> SAV, those spool files are getting deleted automatically from the
> system
>
> any suggestion or advice on this

RCLSPLSTG does not delete spooled files.  RCLSPLSTG deletes DB members
in the QSPLxxxx libraries that have not been reused to store spooled
data for the number of days specified.

As I suggested previously, you will need to turn on system auditing of
spooled files for a period of time.  Based on the audit data, one can
find the program that is performing the deletion of spooled files.

--
Rodney A Johnson
Technical Team Lead for i5/OS (AS/400) Spool
Dept GJC
IBM   Rochester, Minnesota

my employer, IBM.  All responsibility for the statements
sender.
0
rodjohns (130)

Send Spool file AS400 to Text PC file
I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC. Thanks You need to use CPYSPLF to a database file and after CPYTOIMPF and after FTP - if you use iSeries Navigator (it's free) you just need to copy the spool file on your PC local drive enjoy it. "Fouad LFN" <Fouad.lfn@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: e0d92946.0503220924.5cc1ce23@posting.google.com... >I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC. > Thanks Run CPYSPLF to convert the spool file to a flat file. Then use CPYTOSTMF to save it in the IFS. If you save the file to a part of the IFS which has a share then the users will be able to see the file from Windows Network Places/Network Neighborhood. If you have Netserver set up correctly on the iSeries then you could specify the destination of the stream file to be a share on one of your Windows machines. See my article for more about this at: http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/nodeuk/ukarchive/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewarticle&CO_ContentID=18919 Glenn Hi, If you are looking for a more comprehesive commercial software solution, RPM Select from Brooks Internet Software (www.brooksnet.com) has a very good, easy to use, GUI based interface that could manage your spool files. Many of my customers use it in conjucntion with my Document processing, OctoTools software, to bring text and report info from the AS/400 to a PC for further processing. Thanks, Larry T. You could just use opsnav & drag the sp...

Copy Spool File to Another AS400
Is it possible to ftp a spool file to another AS400 so we can print it on one of its printers. if so how...thanks Pat Bradley V. Stone wrote: > If the printers are on your WAN, you should be able to create an IP > printer off each 400 so you can print from either 400 to the one > printer. (Other ways of doing this too, you weren't too specific > about your connections). > > You can also use SNDNETSPLF to send the spooled file to the other > machine. > > > On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:05:10 GMT, "kerleyp(you_must_remove_this)" > <"kerle...

Copy spooled file from AS400 using VB
I need to create a VB application that retrieves spooled files from AS400 and copy them to my PC. How do you do it with Client Access Express and VB? Do you have any sample codes? Thanks. Hello Mike, You can use FTP is you want to write all the logic yourself to copy the spool file with CPYSPLF and then download the results. If you're open to commercial options, take a look at our WinSpool/400 Report Download Software. WinSpool/400 can be used as an interactive download tool or you can use the ActiveX API to automate your own download processing. Client Access IS NOT required to use WinSpool/400. If you have questions, please contact me directly, otherwise you can request a FREE demo CD or download from our web site for a 30 day trial. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 and iSeries Report and Data Delivery Experts" Email: richard@rjssoftware.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com "mike kim" <msxkim@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4aceb850.0408301138.74e727bb@posting.google.com... > I need to create a VB application that retrieves spooled files from > AS400 and copy them to my PC. How do you do it with Client Access > Express and VB? Do you have any sample codes? Thanks. Or you can look at Evergreens report downloader - there was a book written by Chris Peters that details how this is done in VB. the product is here http://www.kdpsoftware.co.uk/egrd as a 30 day trial or buy the book and build ...

Sending an AS400 Spool file to an RS6000 output queue...HELP!!!
We have a report package called Vista residing on one of our RS6000. We are trying to send a spool file to the 6000 from an AS400 and having no luck. We have tried remote out queues, SNDTCPSPLF and LPR commands and not having any luck. Is there some trick to this that we are overlooking? Thanks for any help, Brett Hi Brett - On 17 Jun 2004 07:46:47 -0700, b_seavers@hotmail.com (Brett) wrote: >We have a report package called Vista residing on one of our RS6000. >We are trying to send a spool file to the 6000 from an AS400 and >having no luck. We have tried remote out queues, SNDTCPSPLF and LPR >commands and not having any luck. Is there some trick to this that we >are overlooking? SNDTCPSPLF and LPR are exactly the commands, just with different names. If you have an LPD daemon running on the RS6000 you should be able to use those commands. I believe a *IP remote output queue also uses the LPR support but with somewhat different parameters that can be used from the LPR command. The first thing is to make sure that something on the RS6000 is waiting to receive the spooled file and that it is listening for the same protocol and port as the AS/400 will be sending to. -- Ken http://www.ke9nr.net/ Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer or anyone in their right mind. b_seavers@hotmail.com (Brett) wrote in message news:<f2fcb7f9.0406170646.19446b8e@posting.google.com>... > We have a report package call...

Copying Files and retaining File Permission
Hi, I need to transfer files from ServerA to ServerB. ServerA is the domain controller, and ServerB is the Additional domain controller in the same domain. What is the easiest way to do this? There are folders with ACL granted to domain users. Server A - Windows 2000 Server Server B - Windows 2003 Server Domain - linx.local If I use traditional way to transfer files, it will lose all the permission, and stop halfway if the file is in use. Any software to skip file in use during copy and report the files in log files? I have heard of RoboCopy. Is it useful in this situation, and any guides ...

Copying Files and retaining File Permission
Hi, I need to transfer files from ServerA to ServerB. ServerA is the domain controller, and ServerB is the Additional domain controller in the same domain. What is the easiest way to do this? There are folders with ACL granted to domain users. Server A - Windows 2000 Server Server B - Windows 2003 Server Domain - linx.local If I use traditional way to transfer files, it will lose all the permission, and stop halfway if the file is in use. Any software to skip file in use during copy and report the files in log files? I have heard of RoboCopy. Is it useful in this situation, and any guides ...

Automaticall Compress Files and retain file name
Hello, I have a requirement for automatically creating zipped files through a batch file. I know how to use WinZip command prompt to zip the files but I must specify a file name. Eg: Directory Listing file1.txt Command to run: wzzip myfile.zip *.* The problem with this is I need the zipped file name to be called file1.txt as in a few hours there will be another file placed in the directory called file2.txt. When the same command runs, the new file will be added to myfile.zip. The must remain separate. Does anyone know a command in wzzip or some other way where I can compress the file, but...

send an output spool file to a pc file
Hi, my name is Alfonso Cruz I'm from Mexico city and I have the following problem, I have client access in my pc and I want to send a spoolfile in the as400 as a file with extension txt in my pc. How do I do this? thru a CL and an rpg program? Anybody can help me? The Operations Navigator of Client access show me the file, but doesn't copy the file to my pc. It begins but don't finish. Thanks for your Attention. Alfonso - If you have Navigator and you see the spool file, just Drag the file (spool file) in the navigator window and drop the file onto your Desktop (Windows 98 or XP), Navigator will convert the file to a TXT file. That should work. I do this all the time as well as those around me. Good Luck Gil Alfonso Cruz wrote: > Hi, my name is Alfonso Cruz I'm from Mexico city and I have the > following problem, I have client access in my pc and I want to send a > spoolfile in the as400 as a file with extension txt in my pc. > > How do I do this? > thru a CL and an rpg program? > Anybody can help me? > The Operations Navigator of Client access show me the file, but doesn't > copy the file to my pc. It begins but don't finish. > > Thanks for your Attention. > Hi Alfonso, For a commercial solution that runs automatically and adds filtering, print management and file management capability for very low cost, go to www.brooksnet.com and look into RPM Select software. I advise all my AS/400 to PC clients ...

How to download a spool file into PC .txt file
How to download a spool file into PC .txt file? Thanks all! Sam abc wrote: > How to download a spool file into PC .txt file? Thanks all! > The easiest way I know to do that is to start Operations Navigator then double-click the system where the spooled file resides. Then under "Basic Operations" click the "Printer Output" option. Your spooled files show on the right. Drag and drop the spooled file you want onto the desktop. OpsNav will transfer the spooled file to a .txt file on your PC. Thanks for help. Sam "Jonas Temple" <jtemple@yhti.net> ??? news:1165329288.974549.10550@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com ???... > > abc wrote: > > How to download a spool file into PC .txt file? Thanks all! > > > > The easiest way I know to do that is to start Operations Navigator then > double-click the system where the spooled file resides. Then under > "Basic Operations" click the "Printer Output" option. Your spooled > files show on the right. Drag and drop the spooled file you want onto > the desktop. OpsNav will transfer the spooled file to a .txt file on > your PC. > User operations navigator or purchase an inexpensive download tool such as our WinSpool Report Download software. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!" Email: richard@rjssoftware.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com Tel: (952) 898-3038 Fax:...

utility to creating a text file from a spool file
I need a utility or program that will allow me to download AS/400 spool files to a text file on a PC and still retain page layout. We create payroll check on the as/400 download those spool to text files and distribute those out our remote sites where they are printed on epson tractor feed printers. This process has worked great until now. I have been using a product call Surpass that has this capability, however, I just purchased a new iSeries and the company that wrote Surpass, The Tandem Group, must be out of business. Their software has my old As/400 serial and I'm unable to load it to the new machine. Does anyone have a way or a utility thast will do this. I know that I can create a text file from a sppol file but the page layout is lost in this process. I've tryed creating a PDF but that doesn't match the AS/400 page layout. I don't need a program that does much other than creating this file type. dws wrote: > I need a utility or program that will allow me to download AS/400 spool > files to a text file on a PC and still retain page layout. We create > payroll check on the as/400 download those spool to text files and > distribute those out our remote sites where they are printed on epson > tractor feed printers. This process has worked great until now. I have > been using a product call Surpass that has this capability, however, I > just purchased a new iSeries and the company that wrote Surpass, The &...

correlation between file(member) in QSPL and spool file
Where to find relation between spool file (in outq) and it's location in file (member) in QSPL library ? Is there any easy way to find total size of single user's spoll files ? Thanks. Miki Miki, Depends upon what you consider "easy". With calls to Spool API QUSLSPL or QGYOLSPL and format 0300 you can quickly calculate the total size in 4k byte increments of a given user's spooled files. Another method (that could cause considerable more pain from a OS performance perspective) is to use WRKSPLF <user name> OUTPUT(*PRINT) and add up the column of spooled file size which is in 1K (1024 bytes) increments using something like SQL over a DDS described file (or other variations of reading a DB file). Direct access/use of DB members or DB files in the QSPL or QSPLxxxx libraries should NEVER be undertaken, as it would destroy the integrity and security of the Spool part of the operating system. Miki wrote: > Where to find relation between spool file (in outq) and it's location > in file (member) in QSPL library ? Is there any easy way to find total > size of single user's spoll files ? Thanks. Miki -- Rodney A Johnson Technical Team Lead for AS/400 Spool Dept GJC IBM Rochester, Minnesota The contents of this message express only the sender's opinion. This message does not necessarily reflect the policy or views of my employer, IBM. All responsibility for the statements made in this Usenet posting resides solely and ...

Spool file to windows directory and imaging file....
I would like to send a spooled file to a windows folder and then to an imaging file. Any suggestions on how to do this? Is it possible to send a spooled file to an imaging device as a virtual printer?. I am looking for the simplest method without purchasing a new piece of software. Thanks for your input. John Hi John, Not exactly sure what you want. What do you mean by 'imaging file'? If you want to print to PDF you can set up a PDF printer, e.g. with PDF995, which is inexpensive or even free if you don't mind the sponsor popup (which you can suppres in your browser), and have a Client Access 5250 emulated printer print to it. I guess if you have an imaging device that will behave like a printer, you should be able to set that up as well, but there might be a problem in picking the Host Transform personality... Regards, Ren� -- <nazard99@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:1102880115.839311.57090@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I would like to send a spooled file to a windows folder and then to an > imaging file. Any suggestions on how to do this? Is it possible to > send a spooled file to an imaging device as a virtual printer?. I am > looking for the simplest method without purchasing a new piece of > software. Thanks for your input. > John > Rene, I would like to get it to a pdf or imaging device. I don't want to go through the copy spool file etc..on the 400. Is there a way to automate this with copying it t...

IBM AS400

To Retain or Not Retain
Hi ALL Here is the confusion about Retain statement-- I don't see the use of the Retain statement. In the first method, no use of Retian, and in second method there is use of Retain statement. Both of them gave me the same result. But, I am also surprised to find out that when I removed the retain statement in the second method, I got the same result. So, am I the only one here confused here as to the use of the Retain Statment?? It seems to me there no use of it. Help clarify for me. I am using SAS 9.2. Thank you! data a; input id var1 var2 ; datalines; 1 6 18 1 8 19 1 7 15 1 5 12 1 3 13 1 4 13 2 3 11 2 4 17 2 5 13 2 8 13 3 2 14 3 6 11 3 8 12 3 9 12 3 4 13 ; run; data want (keep=id var1cnt var2cnt totvar1 totvar2 avgvar1 avgvar2);; do until (last.id); set a ; by id; if first.id then do; totvar1 = 0; totvar2 = 0; var1cnt = 0; var2cnt = 0; end; var1cnt + 1; var2cnt + 1; totvar1 + var1; totvar2 + var2; avgvar1 = totvar1/var1cnt; avgvar2 = totvar2/var2cnt; if last.id then output; end; run; data want2 (keep=id var1cnt var2cnt totvar1 totvar2 avgvar1 avgvar2); set a; by id; retain var1cnt var2cnt totvar1 totvar2; if first.id then do; totvar1 = 0; totvar2 = 0; var1cnt = 0; var2cnt = 0; end; var1cnt + 1; var2cnt + 1; totvar1 + var1; totvar2 + var2; avgvar1 = totvar1/var1cnt; avgvar2 = totvar2/var2cnt; if last.id then output; run; ...

Sending save files by e-mail from one IBM i to another IBM i
Usually when you want to send a save file from one IBM i to another IBM i, you use one of the following procedures: - use FTP (but you must have access to a user profile on the receiving system) - sending the save file though PC e-mail (The sender must transfer the save file from the IBM i to the PC and possibly zip it. The receiver must unzip the save file on his PC, then transfer it to the IBM i). As you may know, MMAIL is an IBM i utility able to send and to receive e-mail messages. Besides, MMAIL features ZIP and UNZIP commands. Therefore, by installing MMAIL on the sending and on the receiving IBM i boxes, you may - on one box, zip the save file and send an e-mail message attaching the zipped save file - on the other box, receive the e-mail message. Nice to know that MMAIL will automatically uunzip the save file while receiving it. There is no limit to the size of the attached save file (provided that the overall size of the e-mail message is accepted by the involved Internet Service Providers) MMAIL is an open-source utility available from site www.easy400.net . It does not necessarily require a recent OS/400 release, it may run also on an aged release as V5R3. MMail is authored by Giovanni B. Perotti, find his e-mail address on the home page of site www.easy400.net . On 12/7/2014 2:52 AM, Giovanni Perotti wrote: > Usually when you want to send a save file from one IBM i to another IBM i, you use one of the following procedures: > - use FTP ...

Help. Old AS400 file, (collection of files and folders), but unsure of the format
Ok, AS400 experts. I had a mystery on my hands I'm hoping someone can shed some light on. I have an old file (1999), which is suppose to be a collection of files and or folders. There is no extension on the file. I've tried adding the popular extensions like, zip, tar, tar.gz, gz, but all fail to open the file. Was there a builtin utility that would turn a folder and or files into a single file? It may or may not have compression. Like I said, I'm not sure since there's no extension. Also, I am a complete noob to AS400. Never touched one, don't have access to on...

file extention from file file location
Hi, I am new to perl (only working on this one problem) but I program in other languages. We have an upload script written in cgi. Can anyone tell me how to get the file extension from the variable $File1 (actual file location on uploader's computer) then find out if it is equal to "txt" Thanks in advance for not telling me to read the manual. Ron -- PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are NOT the originators of the articles and are NOT responsible for their content. HOW TO POST to co...

Iteration through File.file? misses entries for which File.file?(entry) == true
Hello everyone, I'm new to Ruby, so I'm most likely making an elementary mistake. However, searching Google didn't help me find my answer, and after mucking around with irb I still haven't figured it out. I wrote a method that was intended to take all of the files in a given directory and put them into an array. Here's the code I wrote: def getFiles(dir) pwdFiles = Array.new Dir.foreach(dir) do |entry| pwdFiles.push(entry) if File.file?(entry) == true end end This works fine when called on the working directory --- that is, getFile...

sqlplus ... spooling to a file
Hi, when spooling to a file a select command, I am trying to change change the name of the file so, is it posible to use a bind variable (with the actual date) to store the name of the file that I want to spool to? Thanks On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:40:56 +0200, "Jon" <aaa@bbb.ccc> wrote: >Hi, when spooling to a file a select command, I am trying to change change >the name of the file so, is it posible to use a bind variable (with the >actual date) to store the name of the file that I want to spool to? > >Thanks > a define will do column dat...

spool file to pdf
Am interested in packages that take spool files to PDF's. Say we print almost a ream of paper at day end or month end (many different reports, programs, spool files), also maybe one big spool file we want separate like statements. Once converted to pdf's, where are these stored - i.e. are they stored in the IFS somewhere? Can you just access via adobe to print parts of it if desired? Do they handle AFP/IPDS stuff (say you have overlays). Can it automatically be configured to take all the day end reports to pdf automatically, or do you have to tweak each report? Is it by user, report, printer or what? Do you need any additional IBM products to make it work installed on your system? Interested in hearing some recommendations. Want a fully-functional (read that to mean not necessarily CHEAP) product that is easy to configure and use by non-programming staff. thanks for suggestions, ga ga nospam@nospam.fmctc.com On 20 Dec, 13:02, ga <noem...@spam.fmctc.com> wrote: > Am interested in packages that take spool files to PDF's. Say we print > almost a ream of paper at day end or month end (many different > reports, programs, spool files), also maybe one big spool file we want > separate like statements. Once converted to pdf's, where are these > stored - i.e. are they stored in the IFS somewhere? Can you just > access via adobe to print parts of it if desired? Do they handle > AFP/IPDS stuff (say you have overlays). > ...

Print spooled files
Hi all, I did a CPYSPLF on a print out file. Than saved the file and send it to another machine. I have to print the file on that machine. Is there any command with which I can send the file to an outputq ? Thanks Ace il 05/06/2009 11.37, Scrive Ace 43824032: > Hi all, > > I did a CPYSPLF on a print out file. Than saved the file and send it to > another machine. I have to print the file on that machine. Is there any > command with which I can send the file to an outputq ? > > Thanks > Ace > > You should CPYSPLF CTLCHAR(*FCFC) into a flat file with record length at least one character longer than the spool record size, to restore the spool you should OVRPRTF CTLCHAR(*FCFC) and then CPYF into the overidden printer file. -- Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac' Ace wrote: > Hi all, > > I did a CPYSPLF on a print out file. Than saved the file and send it to > another machine. I have to print the file on that machine. Is there any > command with which I can send the file to an outputq ? > > Thanks > Ace > > You can also use CPYF FILE(saved_file) TOFILE(QSYSPRT). On Jun 5, 6:30=A0am, Grumman <gk_2...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Ace wrote: > > Hi all,...

spool file to pc
I need to take a spool file (statements, about 4000 pages) and copy it to a pc to transmit to a company that is going to print them for us (not using an AS/400 so file will most likely need to be a simple text file). I know I can grab a spool file using ops nav and drag it to the desktop of the pc and it will automagically convert it to a txt file....but am wondering if that is very fast or if there is a better way to do it? Any thoughts/suggestions? thanks, ga ga nospam@nospam.fmctc.com ga <noemail@spam.fmctc.com> wrote in news:hmcqn3hnk2f5aiqc2nn7appd3b2k12fvu2@4ax.com: > I need to take a spool file (statements, about 4000 pages) and copy it > to a pc to transmit to a company that is going to print them for us > (not using an AS/400 so file will most likely need to be a simple text > file). > > I know I can grab a spool file using ops nav and drag it to the > desktop of the pc and it will automagically convert it to a txt > file....but am wondering if that is very fast or if there is a better > way to do it? > > Any thoughts/suggestions? > thanks, ga > ga > nospam@nospam.fmctc.com using ops nav in 30 seconds a 5500 page spooled file to my PC system i 600 CPW, 6*70 GB, 3 GB, no users active, 100 Mb. -- Ad, What's The Use Of Getting Sober (When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again) How will the spool data be /transmit/ from the PC? If the concern is for speed, making multiple copies and/or conversions, b...

Misdirected Spool files
Ok, I'm pulling my hair out here. I've got a couple of submitted jobs that refuse to send spool files to the correct output queue. One job is submitted by the Job Scheduler, the other via a CL program called using RUNRMTCMD. I've looked at the printer files.......>OUTQ(*JOB), job descriptions....>OUTQ(*USRPRF) user profiles.......>OUTQ(QGPL/MYOUTQ) outq's exist and have public *USE. Programs being called don't use OVRSPLF. So why don't the spool files end up in QGPL/MYOUTQ? What am I missing? Thanks, Charles Disregard, we got it fixed. Problem with job being submitted from scheduler was due to a third party program being called that had it's own print configuration settings by user that controlled where the spool files where sent. Problem with job being submitted from a CL called using RUNRMTCMD was that SBMJOB defaults to OUTQ(*CURRENT) and that that current job in this case was the system rexecd deamon job QTRXCxxxx that uses PRTDEV(PRT01) OUTQ(*DEV). Knew it had to be something simple. Charles In article <MPG.1a1ee2df3952e96498968f@news.easynews.com>, cwilt@meaa.mea.com says... > Ok, I'm pulling my hair out here. > > I've got a couple of submitted jobs that refuse to send spool files to > the correct output queue. > > One job is submitted by the Job Scheduler, the other via a CL program > called using RUNRMTCMD. > > I've looked at the > printer files......

Web resources about - retaining spool files - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Retaining wall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... on the opposite side. The walls must resist the lateral pressures generated by loose soils or, in some cases, water pressures . Every retaining ...

Western Sydney confident of retaining Ono
WESTERN SYDNEY are in no rush to extend Shinji Ono's contract despite the threat of losing the Japanese star to a rival A-League club at the ...

Raiders hope cutting prices will be just the ticket to retaining members
The Raiders will cut their cheapest adult ticket price at the turnstiles by 34 per cent in an attempt to make NRL games more affordable next ...

North Queensland Cowboys 2015 NRL premiers: Peter Parr confident of retaining grand final side long term ...
NORTH Queensland supremo Peter Parr is quietly confident the club can keep cashed up rivals at bay despite up to nine of their grand final winning ...

Fox Sports and Seven tie up AFL rights in $2.5bn deal with Telstra retaining digital rights
News Corp owned Fox Sports and Seven Network have tied up the rights for the AFL for six years for a record breaking $2.508bn, double the previous ...

Australian Rugby Union confident of retaining Israel Folau 'longer-term'
The Australian Rugby Union is confident it can fend off a raid from the NRL and lock in dual international Israel Folau for as long as three ...

Tips for retaining employees from Takor’s Amir Farhand
Australian geospatial startup Takor has been operating for nearly seven years now and CEO Amir Farhand says he’s yet to lose one employee.

Essendon Bombers still hopeful of retaining Jake Carlisle and Jake Melksham
Essendon have not given up hope of convincing wantaway duo Jake Carlisle and Jake Melksham to stay now that John Worsfold has been installed ...

Right move in retaining telco bar
THE Abbott government has made the right call in continuing Labor's ban on participation in the NBN network by the Chinese telco giant Huawei. ...

Rio Tinto's Andrew Harding confident of retaining lowest iron ore costs
Rio Tinto's iron ore head says a proactive strategy on technology will stand it in good stead to preserve its ranking as the lowest cost producer ...