S36-AS400 problem

Was doing some snooping on archived posts from the midrange group. Came up
with this thread relating to a problem some of my clients are having. Did
anyone ever get the appropriate PTF reference? The thread ends without
giving the reference.One client is on V3R7, the rest are on V4R3 Brian
Jerome Draper wrote:>> Anybody come up with the mentioned PTF reference.>>
My S36 program prints one spool item for each PO (why? who knows?).  When I>
print them to P4, a S36 printer on stop, they all end up in the S36 spool
as> completed reports.  When I print them to P9, a "mapped" S36 printer,
they> whoosh to the "mapped" outq on the AS400.  Interesting is that the
first> whatever number of PO's get stuck in "OPN" status and the last and
final PO> always prints fine.  The "OPN" PO's are stuck at 0 pages forever.
The> workaround is to print them to P4 and then do a CHANGE ID,P9,P4 to
whoosh> them to the outq on the AS400 side where the print perfectly.>>
Jerry>

0
crooksb (21)

what is the ptf level on the box?   both os/400 and ssp levels.

joe leblanc    www.michsoft.com

0
jhl2815 (102)
8/6/2005 2:51:08 AM
The 36 box is DK7517.

How do I find the level on OS400? I went to GO PTF and chose to Display ptf
but just get all the individual ptf's.

Brian

"JHL" <jhl@michsoft.com> wrote in message
> what is the ptf level on the box?   both os/400 and ssp levels.
>
> joe leblanc    www.michsoft.com

0
crooksb (21)
8/8/2005 3:54:21 PM
on os/400   GO PTF   #5   accept defaults.

top line of bottom portion of the screen should be a  TL99888 where TL
is a cume package.   99 is a year, 888 is a day of year.

if you have no TL listed on top then i dont think you have any cume
package on os/400.

joe leblanc  michigan software   www.michsoft.com

0
jhl2815 (102)
8/8/2005 4:03:12 PM
it's TL00280

> on os/400   GO PTF   #5   accept defaults.
>
> top line of bottom portion of the screen should be a  TL99888 where TL
> is a cume package.   99 is a year, 888 is a day of year.
>
> if you have no TL listed on top then i dont think you have any cume
> package on os/400.
>
> joe leblanc  michigan software   www.michsoft.com

0
crooksb (21)

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

S36 To AS400 Conversion
Anyone have any cheat sheet notes on doing one of these conversions. What release are you going to? Migrating to S/36 environment on a current release or restoring a S/36 machine onto an older release? V5R3 of I5/OS, I have the system value set to *S36. The system is a S36. i5guy wrote: > What release are you going to? Migrating to S/36 environment on a > current release or restoring a S/36 machine onto an older release? few points off top of my head. ocl will run in s36 environment, mostly unchanged. some statements have to be changed, some will be ignored. all source must be recompiled. rpg ii, menus, msg files, etc. assemble routines dont migrate. re-write. WSU does not migrate. re-write. telephone com must be migrated to os/400 techniques. iex. create controller, device, and line. if you need help, we are available. joe leblanc www.michsoft.com There is an IBM Red Book S36 to AS400 conversion covering OCL to CL, and RPGII to RPGIII conversions. On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:15:45 GMT, Jack Kingsley II <jackk2@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: >V5R3 of I5/OS, I have the system value set to *S36. The system is a >S36. > >i5guy wrote: > >> What release are you going to? Migrating to S/36 environment on a >> current release or restoring a S/36 machine onto an older release? IBM used to have software to convert from S/36 OCL to S/38 CL. Does this still exist (It can be used to convert to AS400 CL) Pjotr Eb wrote: > Th...

Problems with pinging an as400
When i ping my production as400 using the ip address i get instantly a response. When i ping it with a name , it takes up to 1 min before the ip address is found. The hostname is in the host table with the correct ip address. I tought that when pinging using a hostname the as400 will immed look into this table to get the ip address. Am i overlooking something ? Rikkie Rikkie wrote: > When i ping my production as400 using the ip address i get instantly a > response. > When i ping it with a name , it takes up to 1 min before the ip address is > found. > The hostname is in the host table with the correct ip address. > I tought that when pinging using a hostname the as400 will immed look into > this table to get the ip address. Am i overlooking something ? From what machine are you doing the pinging? Is it from the AS/400 itself? If so, then you may have a problem. However, if you're pinging from some other machine, e.g. your PC, then the DNS in your network may be having a problem. Hi Look at the CFGTCP option 12. Is the right DNS server ip adres configured. And also look at the DNS lookup parameter (*local/remote). Bullsniper "Rikkie" <everslegers@web.de> schreef in bericht news:3fce3430$0$3251$ba620e4c@reader0.news.skynet.be... > When i ping my production as400 using the ip address i get instantly a > response. > When i ping it with a name , it takes up to 1 min before the ip address is > found. > The ho...

S36 Timer
I am trying to figure out, on the AS400 V4.4, a way to make workstation programs automatically emulate the operator hitting the enter key after a user specified time period of inactivity. On the S36, in RGPII, I could output to the workstation file a timer value using a special format name (TIMER$ I think). I am working in RPG400. If anyone has any ideas please respond. I "think" you can do this with the WAITRCD parameter on the CRTDSPF command. You can set this to say, 60, and after 60 seconds your program would gain control again. You can also use data queues to achieve the same thing but it's a little more complex. HTH, Jonas gtgo...@gmail.com wrote: > I am trying to figure out, on the AS400 V4.4, a way to make workstation > programs automatically emulate the operator hitting the enter key after > a user specified time period of inactivity. On the S36, in RGPII, I > could output to the workstation file a timer value using a special > format name (TIMER$ I think). I am working in RPG400. If anyone has > any ideas please respond. gtgomez@gmail.com wrote: > I am trying to figure out, on the AS400 V4.4, a way to make workstation > programs automatically emulate the operator hitting the enter key after > a user specified time period of inactivity. On the S36, in RGPII, I > could output to the workstation file a timer value using a special > format name (TIMER$ I think). I am working in RPG400. If anyone has > any ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

problem with google as400 newsgroup
Hi, I usually read the messages posted on this newsgroup on the Google Groups page .There's something strange happening today : there are no messages between April 21st 2003 and December 31st 2002 ! I wonder if there's something wrong with my computer or with Google Groups interface or maybe I don't just click on the right links !? Bye, post400 ...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Transfer files from S36 to AS400
I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the files accessible to client access using EDITNRD. What does EDITNRD do? From this group, I can see that it edits a NRD that tells how to copy files from the S36 side to the AS400 side. But it sounds like it just defines the mapping. And then another command nees to be run to copy the data file using the mapping. Using a COPYDATA command? So it sounds like one step is that I need to use EDITNRD to define two entries: one for each file. But is there another step to say to actually copy the files using the mappings? I should be able to tell what to put in the entries since they already have several entries set up. When I run client access file transfer from a PC, I see that only files defined through NRD are visible. So I see that I can't get access to all S 36 files automatically and must set up NRD to get to them. Thanks for any help. charliestrause@yahoo.com wrote: > I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 > side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. > > A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two > files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the > files accessible to client access u...

Re: Problems with AS400 and KZPCM
Hello, David Froble wrotes: ... Are you letting the DE500 autodetect speed? ... No. I did set it within the console to FastFD. Also the problem is not the DE500-AA, which do function very well. The problem is the KZPCM, a dual UWSE-SCSI and FastEthernet board. The FastEthernet will be dedekted as DE500-AA, but I think that the implemantation is not as good as the original DE500-AA. TIA and regards R. Wingert Rudolf Wingert wrote: > Hello, > > David Froble wrotes: > > .. Are you letting the DE500 autodetect speed? ... > > No. I did set it within the console to Fas...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

MS Access to AS400 problem..
Hello, I'm still trying to get this to work. I'm using Access tabledefs to connect to AS400. I need to refresh the existing links to different AS400 machines (same tablenames). I need a DSN-less ODBC connection (not ADO OLE DB) to AS400 from Access. My function is somehting like this: Public function ConnectMe() as string dim db as dao.database dim sConnect as string set db = currentdb sConnect = "ODBC;Driver={Client Access ODBC Driver (32-bit)};System=MyAS400;Uid=MyID;PWD=MyPassowrd" db.tabledefs("table1").connect = sConnect db.tabledefs("table1").RefreshLink End Function When I execute this I get the error: Reserved error (-7778); there is no message for this error. Any suggestions??? Thank you. Matthew Wells MWells@FirstByte.net You will need to drop and recreate the tabledefs. Don't forget to set the SourceTableName. See my comments in the thread http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/browse_frm/thread/68ca9f128c3dd5c9/7955f783e029651c?q=zlatko&rnum=20#7955f783e029651c Bill E. Hollywood, FL ...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

Problem on Copying the files to As400 IFS
Hi Every one, I am trying to copy the PDF files from PC to As400 IFS system to a folder under Root directory. Thru VB script( script is attached below) I am mapping the As400 system as one of network drive. I could able to map the drive. But while copying the files to IFS, I am getting error as "Path not found" . Set objFSOFN = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") If objFSOFN.DriveExists(DriveLetter) Then objNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive DriveLetter, True, True End If objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive DriveLetter, Path, False, Username, Password objFSOFN.CopyFile txtFiletobeupload, strcopya Set objFSOFN = Nothing Set objNetwork = Nothing Could you please advice what to do the next thing? Thanks. Does the error or anything show the path you're using? Maybe spit out some debug statements that show the completed built path on the iSeries and the PC. Vandy wrote: > Hi Every one, > > I am trying to copy the PDF files from PC to As400 IFS system to a > folder under Root directory. > > Thru VB script( script is attached below) I am mapping the As400 system > as one of network drive. > I could able to map the drive. But while copying the files to IFS, I am > getting error as "Path not found" . > > Set objFSOFN = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") > Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScrip...

AS400 Share Folder Permission Problem
Hi All, There is also the "feature" (aka bug) introduced with Win2k(SP4), windows update KB885835, QDLS - sharing violation error AS400 - v5r2(TC04244) When applying this update, wasn't able to delete a file located under QDLS. ERROR: "Error deleting File or Folder" - "There is a sharing violation. The source or destination file may be in use. I can solve this problem. But there are still problem. I don't know which updtes can be affected permission of AS400 share folder. Please advise. This is due to a change made by MS. It causes the file to be seen as "in use" when attempting to delete. Not really a permissions issue. There is a PTF available for V5R2. Kelvin wrote: > Hi All, > > There is also the "feature" (aka bug) introduced with > Win2k(SP4), windows update KB885835, > QDLS - sharing violation error > AS400 - v5r2(TC04244) > > When applying this update, wasn't able to delete a file located under > QDLS. > > ERROR: "Error deleting File or Folder" - "There is a sharing violation. > The source or destination file may be in use. > > > I can solve this problem. But there are still problem. I don't > know which updtes can be affected permission of AS400 share folder. > Please advise. Does anyone know which PTF will fix this? arrowcomputer@bigfoot.com wrote: > This is due to a change made by MS. It causes the file to be seen as >...

problem with connection to AS400 via CA
Hi guys I have a problem with connection to AS400 (V450) using CA (V510). I check tcp and I think that all looks fine, but ... still doesn't work. And this is strange - I CAN connect from other AS (V430) to this "problematic" AS using telnet, without any problems!!!! But directly from CA - NO!! Op. Nav. raport error: CWBCO1049 - The AS400 server applic is not started!! But when I try to STRHOSTSVR I get message (one of many): "Start Prestart Jobs command is not allowed now. Routing entry sequence number 2536 already exists. Compare value conflicts with routing entry 2536. Job 003429/QUSER/QZSCSRVSD submitted to job queue QSYSNOMAX in library QSYS." So it's mean (as I think) that program/subsytem is already started So where is the problem??? Regards Skorek ...

two PC to AS400 ODBC problems
I have two problems with C# code that uses ODBC to call a stored procedure = on the IBM i.=20 The first is the connection to the 400. I have to supply a user name and pa= ssword in the ODBC connection string. Which I know is not required in that = if the user name and password are omitted client access will prompt on the = initial connection for entry of the user name and password. I am getting an= error "invalid password" when the code opens the OdbcConnection. The 2nd problem is calling a stored procedure that defines a decimal(9,2) p= arameter as output. I am getting the decimal value to return, but the decim= al precision is being clipped. 131.21 returns to the caller as 131. The code is below. Any help is appreciated. thanks, CREATE PROCEDURE DSH3521sq( =20 out outPerDayDemandQty decimal(9,2) =20 ) =20 language sql =20 begin =20 =20 set outPerDayDemandQty =3D 131.13 ; =20 =20 END =20 <Window x:Class=3D"WpfApplication1.MainWindow" xmlns=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" Title=3D"MainWindow" Height=3D...

Re: Problems with AS400 and KZPCM #3
Hallo, I did get the answer from TCSC Muenchen: The AlphaStation 400 PCI bridge does not support the combo cards. So, if OpenVMS scans the bus for the present devices, the AlphaStation will hang. As TCSC man said: no chance to bring it to work. Best regards R. Wingert "Rudolf Wingert" <win@fom.fgan.de> wrote in message news:<001b01c4bccc$61600710$994614ac@wat153>... >> Hallo, >> >> I did get the answer from TCSC Muenchen: The AlphaStation 400 PCI bridge >> does not support the combo cards. So, if OpenVMS scans the bus for the >>present d...

Problem connecting AS400/DB2 with SSIS
Hi, I am trying to connect a MS SSIS package to an AS400/DB2 database, and I experience problem when I hit the "Create Package" button in the "Data Link properties window". I have understood that the packages need to be created, before I can run any SQL on the DB2 base via SSIS(?). Here are the steps that I have done before the problem arise: 1. In MS Visual Studios, I created a new project of type "Integration Services". 2. On the "Control Flow tab" I add a "Data Flow task". 3. In the "Connection Manager Pane" I right click and choose "New OLE DB Connection.." 4. In the "Configure OLE DB Connection Manager window" I hit the new button. 5. In the "Connection Manager window" in the provider drop down list I choose "Native OLE DB\Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2" 6. For "server or file name" I enter a descriptive name. 7. I hit the "Data Links.. button" to enter advanced properties for the connection. 8. In the "Network drop down" I choose "TCP/IP connection". 9. For user name and password I enter the "Admin user" on the DB2 server, to make sure I have no Authentication problem. 10. For Initial Catalog I enter the name that is displayed when invoking the "WRKRDBDIRE command" from the console to the OS/400 system. 11. For "Package Collection" and "Default schema" I enter the top level schema on the se...

problems setting up printer as device on AS400
I am learning the as400 currently, so please have patience with me here. I have a user who has a LaserJet 6L connected to her PC via parallel connection. She has Client\Access Express installed on her PC for connection to the as400. She has as400 reports that currently go out to a networked printer\copier and wants these reports to print out on the laserjet 6L connected to her PC. I setup a session for her printer on her PC and took all the default values. I then hasdone of our AS400 programmers set her reports to go to the LaserJet 6L. Now when she prints the reports we do get a print out, but its weird. Lines, crossed lines and what appears to be drawings of intersections. Not aski characters or anything I have seen before. what should I be looking at to fix this problem? gary Go communication/configure on the emulator screen and then click on the setup button for the printer. Check the "Transform print data to ASCII on the iSeries" box and then use the drop down to select your printer model. *HP6 is probably what you want. Of course this is assuming you haven't tried this already. Thad Rizzi havent tried that yet, but I will now. thanks. gary "Thad Rizzi" <thad_rizzi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1106683687.438141.250260@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Go communication/configure on the emulator screen and then click on the > setup button for the printer. Check the "Transform print data to ASCII > on ...

Web resources about - S36-AS400 problem - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc