Sato Label Printers

Our shipping department is using a network attached Sato CL408e label
printer with a pc application.

I'm trying to also print to it from an ISeries from a RPG program. Has
anyone successfully configured and printed to a Sato.

0
emcook (224)

Have you check TRL ashford support for this printer type?

http://www.tlashford.com/frames/print_models_pgs/SatoPrinterModels.htm

Good Luck
Bill

"eb" <emcook@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Our shipping department is using a network attached Sato CL408e label
> printer with a pc application.
>
> I'm trying to also print to it from an ISeries from a RPG program. Has
> anyone successfully configured and printed to a Sato.

0
Bill
11/1/2007 8:01:25 PM
On Nov 1, 4:01 pm, "Bill Wragg" <bwragg>NOSPAM>@cogeco.net> wrote:
> Have you check TRL ashford support for this printer type?
>
> http://www.tlashford.com/frames/print_models_pgs/SatoPrinterModels.htm
>
> Good Luck
> Bill

It took 10 hours, but I got it working.

I had the configuration correct. But I had to do the ebcdic to ascii
translation in my RPG program.
Anyway, it should be smooth sailing now.

0
emcook (224)

Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer
Can anyone help me? I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some caracters at the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. Looking forward to hear someone soon. Stefano, Try *HPCOLORLJ in stead of *HP5 or else see http://tinyurl.com/r99dq for more information Cheers, Pjotr Stefano wrote: > Can anyone help me? > I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access > emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. > The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some > caracters at > the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. > > Looking forward to hear someone soon. Here is how we defined ours: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/I4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) + RMTLOCNAME('192.192.192.11') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) TEXT('DZ - + FSC - DE - Printer Dell at Denison') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*...

Auction: IBM 5360 Mainframe and IBM 5225 Printer
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-5360-Mainframe-and-IBM-5225-Printer_W0QQitemZ130041937602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-04-06 10:44:14 PST Hutchinson, Kansas Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 monitors, three keyboards. Louis Ohland wrote: > Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 > monitors, three keyboards. As you would expect, each keyboard mates with one of the 5251 displays. It's easy to tell which display was the system console (the badly burned-in one on top) and which was the primary application console (the pretty badly burned-in one on the bottom). The one in the middle that has no visible burn-in probably saw very little use. I don't think that the value of the system will improve very much in another 10 to 20 years like the seller hopes, but everyone is entitled to dream. If anyone was interested in a set of S/36 manuals, this auction looks like a good bet, you might get a complete set and a few spares. A small bid will probably win, then you have the seller ship you all of the manuals via Media Mail, and then the seller could do as he liked with the "heavy metal" (of course, you'd have to make sure that the seller would go along with this scheme in advance). Rick Ekblaw "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht news:3Sa1h.368$XF5.319@newsfe06.lga... > >http://cgi.eba...

SATO printer
Hi, Is there someone with an experience of printing labels to network SATO CX400 printer using it's commands? I can't use general extentions [printer, hdc and so on], because the labels (stickers) are small (~25x7mm) and it is necessary to adjust the printing exactly to the sticker's size. Ilya ...

label printer
All, I've transfered a Dos label program from a ps/2 to a compaq deskpro. the ps/2 was running win 3.1 for workgroup the compaq is running win95. I can not get the label printer to communicate with the compaq. setting on both systems are basicly identical, except that the ps/2 is a 25db serial port while the compaq is your standard 9db... I've use an adaptor to no avail. Is ther something else I should try? Look at the BIOS and be sure your serial port is enabled. Be sure the printer properties in W/95 has the speed, stop bits and bit count right for the printer. If this doesn't go through the print spooler as a defined printer YMMV about whether the W/95 will ever talk to a DOS serial device. I have a serial scanner (3118) that has never worked under W/95. ...

IBM AS400

Label printers question?
I don't know if this is the right newsgroup. i have (3) - 2 seiko and 1 costar/dymo used/ for-sale. i'm looking for the proper place to list them. don't want to spam a newsgroup. any ideas before i dump them on ebay? thanks. Drifter... Is this some new form of subliminal advertising? If so, it isn't too subliminal... As you well have figured out, this is NOT a for sale newsgroup. If you really didn't want to "spam" the group, you would have just indicated you had "some" printers to sell, rather than providing all the details. Art...

RP2 and Labels.sys
I am using the RP2 Linkable Designer to edit a report with a Label/Column Section. When I select Column/Label Properties I get a File Open Error "Cannot open file C:\ProgDir\Labels.sys". The Properties window defaults to a standard report and the user cannot select from label types. This occurs on VO2.5/RP210 to VO2.7/RP212 with the associated builds of RPDesigner. When I use the (non-distributable) Rp2_32.exe to edit the same report form I am able to open Labels.sys and configure the properties. Labels.sys is just a dbf format file which I can open and browse using ...

single-label printers
A client wants to use a dedicated label printer, the kind that prints out on a roll of single label width. How do I set this up with filemaker? It seems like I'd need to be able to pick a page setup from the printer dialog box that was appropriate for single-label printing. Would that come with the printer driver? I want to be able to tell my client whether he should go ahead and buy the dedicated label printer.... then we can figure it out. It isn't too difficult to create the layout. You need to use PageSetup to set the printer for the label printer when you are creating ...

Label Printers #2
I am looking for a label printer. Something a bit more robust than the "Dymo" line (I've burnt up too many of these). I have been looking at the Zebra line (Like a LP 2844) But I'm having a hard time finding a local supplier. Here's what I would like- Print labels 4" wide Direct thermal Ethernet connection I will be putting this on a Windows server centric network and print from a variety of windows workstations (XP, 2000, 98), mainly from MS Access. Anybody have any suggestions? Mark The cost and availability of updated drivers alway put me off when it came to special purpose label printers. "Mark" <marklb@bogus.net> wrote in message news:11e9vma17cp13b0@corp.supernews.com... >I am looking for a label printer. Something a bit more robust than the >"Dymo" line (I've burnt up too many of these). I have been looking at the >Zebra line (Like a LP 2844) But I'm having a hard time finding a local >supplier. Here's what I would like- > > Print labels 4" wide > Direct thermal > Ethernet connection > > I will be putting this on a Windows server centric network and print from > a variety of windows workstations (XP, 2000, 98), mainly from MS Access. > > Anybody have any suggestions? > > Mark > "Mark" <marklb@bogus.net> wrote in message news:11e9vma17cp13b0@corp.supernews.com... &g...

eComStation and label printers
eCo Software is able create several useful applications and libraries for eComStation / IBM OS/2 Warp during the next few monthes. You can become shareholder of our projects. One of the prototypes: utility aimed to print postal labels (for label printers) (project #723) input address: http://ecomstation.ru/projects/ecoworks/screenshots/label/label-print-20130808.png output: ready for use postal label http://ecomstation.ru/projects/ecoworks/screenshots/label/label-20130808.jpg List of supported hardware: Zebra LP 2844 eCo Software is working on eComStation / IBM OS/2 Warp market since the 90-th. We are specialized in development of native software (and hybrids). ...

IBM 6400 printer
We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you have a outq with multiple "RDY" spoolfiles and the printer is printing. If you press Stop to remove some paper work from the back. When you press Ready the print never restarts printing. The current print spoolfile with show "WTR" in the outq but never prints. You can Hold the current spoolfile and the next spoolfile will start printing. Has anyone else had a similiar problem with a 6400 printer. Thanks On Jun 24, 8:44=A0am, eb <emc...@yahoo.com> wrote: > We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you h...

IBM 6400 Printers
Hey All, I have some amazing deals on IBM 6400 printers. If you want to look at the spec's and features goto www.starprint.com and look under IBM => INDUSTRIAL PRINTERS. I can even go lower that the prices on the web. I also have features as well. Email me at ehecht@starprint.com for more *special* pricing and availability. "H bomb 2k" <hbomb2k@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030716100221.06310.00000005@mb-m03.aol.com... > Hey All, > > I have some amazing deals [snip] Please do not spam comp.periphs.printers. Comp.periphs.printers is not a forsale group. - Bob Headrick ...

IBM 6400 Printers
Good day, I am new to configuring and setting up printers on the AS400(power7). Can some one help me with the different ways the 6400 printer can be set up? The one i am familiar with it the client access set up(this is where the a connection is made with the printer and the icon is created on the user computer, which allows them to manage the printer and their print jobs.) I would like to know what other ways this printer can be set up so that it can still print from the AS400 by any user. thank you. -- Kadz101 http://compgroups.net/comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc/ On Tue, 29 ...

Network label printer
Hi Has anyone any experience of trying to network one of the small label printers? I need to print ad-hoc labels from a W2K terminal server, so the printer would have to be directly on the network (maybe via a print server). Any advice/comments/experience appreciated! Robert "Robert" <robertsclark@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1132230600.426656.104470@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi > Has anyone any experience of trying to network one of the small label > printers? I need to print ad-hoc labels from a W2K terminal server, so > the printer would have to be directly on the network (maybe via a print > server). > > Any advice/comments/experience appreciated! > > Robert Robert- Look at the Zebra line of small label printers. I have several model TLP2844, some hooked up to desktop with USB and some using the network adapter module from Zebra to connect to the network directly. Work great. Bonus- you can print from anything, you don't need a proprietary printing program, in fact most ad hoc labels are printed from Word. Previously I was trying to use the DYMO line of label printers and would burn out the heater in about 3 months!. Mark ...

Label Printer recommendations
Does anyone know if there is a Linux compatible label printer available? I have an old Seiko but it's never worked with Linux. I see a Dymo driver listed in CUPS, does anyone know the Dymo 450 works with this driver? General Schvantzkoph schreef: > Does anyone know if there is a Linux compatible label printer available? > I have an old Seiko but it's never worked with Linux. I see a Dymo driver > listed in CUPS, does anyone know the Dymo 450 works with this driver? \ Do you mean "work with linux" or "work with cups" ? I've driven all kind of label...

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refill in action, maybe in a ink jet printer or laser printer - however, diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer ink refill work in a laser printer, ink jet printer, or even dot matrix printer might be interesting as well. Please only send your own images - with your pictures, please include permission to post them on www.Printer-Ink.biz . Images to pics@Printer-Ink.biz . Thank you, info@Printer-Ink.biz Subject : Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill for www.Printer-Ink.biz flrealbot@yahoo.com wrote: > Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink > Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill > - > > Hi, > > > I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on > Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink ...

Printing to a Zebra Label printer
I am having trouble trying to send a print job to a Zebra label printer using TCL in windows. I have a text file containing Zebra formatted data for the label I am trying to print. If I open the text file from a normal windows based text editor and select "File|Print", I select the printer, and I get my label. When I try to send the file (or a variable containing the formatted data) from my application, no label is printed. The print queue shows the job, but nothing happens on the actual printer. Here is what my code looks like: set prtHdl [printer dialog select] printer job start printer send -hDC $ptrHdl -postscript -data $zebraFormatStringWithData ( also tried using printer send -hDC $ptrHdl -postscript -file [file join c:/ zebraLabelTest.txt] ) printer job end printer close $ptrHdl Neither prints the label. After I submit the file to the printer from notepad, the size of the print job is 7.7Kb, but when I send it to the printer from the TCL app, the size is 1.56Kb. I think I am close on this, but probably just missing a setting or a step. Any help is appreciated, Kevin On Aug 1, 2:24=A0pm, Kevin <kevin.year...@visiprise.com> wrote: > I am having trouble trying to send a print job to a Zebra label > printer using TCL in windows. > Any help is appreciated, > Kevin Hi Kevin, I don't know if this is helpful or not, but... I've successfully driven a Zebra label printer via Tcl and Windows using a ZPL file. In my case...

Sato Barcode Printer DT300
Try to look for the user manual for this old barcode printer. ANyone? ...

print to a label printer directly
[Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] Hello all, I'm wondering what would be the best method to print to a label printer? I need to print many labels from a rails application, and I need to do it on a windows box (until we get a linux server up and running). It's been horrid so far, the printer doesn't seem to want to respond to commands like system("print /d:\\name\printer file_to_print") or even the command itself run in the command line (applications like notepad print out their contents fine, though). Is there a better way? ...

Printer for printing microfiche labels
I am looking into buying a new printer for printing labels for microfiche. Currently we use a very old dot-matrix printer (Epson 3250) and print on tractor-feed labels. Each page contains 24 5" x 7/16" opaque labels on a 12" x 5-1/2" backing and we print approximately 25,000 labels per year, usually about 1,000 labels at a time. The printing is black ink text and a bar-code and I use Excel and Word Perfect to merge a file to the printer. Does anyone have any suggestions for replacing the 3250? I know that there are new dot-matrix printers available but I want to investigate all possibilities before I commit any money. Should I be looking at an inkjet to do this job? We did experiment with a laser printer a few years ago but we had questions about the durability and longevity of the toner. Gary Vocks Gary Vocks wrote: > > I am looking into buying a new printer for printing labels for microfiche. > Currently we use a very old dot-matrix printer (Epson 3250) and print on > tractor-feed labels. Each page contains 24 5" x 7/16" opaque labels on a > 12" x 5-1/2" backing and we print approximately 25,000 labels per year, > usually about 1,000 labels at a time. The printing is black ink text and a > bar-code and I use Excel and Word Perfect to merge a file to the printer. > > Does anyone have any suggestions for replacing the 3250? I know that there > are new dot-matri...

Output from web to label printer
I need to take text from a database, turn it into a barcode from the Web and print to a Zebra Z4M barcode printer. I am stuck at two separate approaches. 1. Use ZPL II (Zebra's proprietary language to command the printer) which is executed at a DOS Prompt with "COPY BarCode.txt LPT1" Is there any way to run that from the web. Also, is there any other method of sending the information in the text file to the printer? 2. Use some sort of ActiveX object to compile a barcode label image, then use another ActiveX object to remove the Header/Footer and Margins from the IE printout....

OT: Serial Label Printer
Hello all... My employer just gave me a barely used CoStar (Dymo) LabelWriter XL Plus with a nearly full roll of labels. I'd like to use this thing, but it has an Apple 8-pin serial cable with it...not what I'd need for use with a PS/2. I do, however, have this: http://greyghost.dyndns.org/mcastuff/stbserpar/ with what would appear to be an 8-pin serial port on board. (It is a serial port. That much I know. The pinout is unclear, but could be determined.) Is there any chance of such an arrangement working, or might anyone have the proper PC version of the cable for this printer in their "cable stash"? William Hi William, > My employer just gave me a barely used CoStar (Dymo) LabelWriter > XL Plus with a nearly full roll of labels. I'd like to use this thing, but it > has an Apple 8-pin serial cable with it...not what I'd need for use with > a PS/2. I do, however, have this: > http://greyghost.dyndns.org/mcastuff/stbserpar/ > with what would appear to be an 8-pin serial port on board. (It is a > serial port. That much I know. The pinout is unclear, but could be > determined.). Is there any chance of such an arrangement working, > or might anyone have the proper PC version of the cable for this > printer in their "cable stash"? There is also this: http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/misc/ramquest.html. The pinouts are standard Apple serial (I have a few other boards this ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Web resources about - Sato Label Printers - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

How is this top-notch wireless printer, scanner, copier and fax machine just $80?
... team so you know exactly where to look. We've got a bunch of great deals for you to check out today, and this bargain on the Brother Printer ...

You can trick a smartphone fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with a printer
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...

Here's how to trick a fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with nothing but a printer and some fancy ...
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...

3D printer helps Chihuahua without front legs get around
Leo, a Chihuahua from California, may have been born without his front legs; but thanks to a prosthetic, that isn't slowing him down