Send Spool file AS400 to Text PC file

I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC.
Thanks
0
Fouad.lfn (1)

You need to use CPYSPLF to a database file and after CPYTOIMPF and after
FTP - if you use iSeries Navigator (it's free) you just need to copy the
spool file on your PC local drive enjoy it.

"Fouad LFN" <Fouad.lfn@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
e0d92946.0503220924.5cc1ce23@posting.google.com...
>I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC.
> Thanks

Run CPYSPLF to convert the spool file to a flat file.

Then use CPYTOSTMF to save it in the IFS.

If you save the file to a part of the IFS which has a share then the
users will be able to see the file from Windows Network Places/Network
Neighborhood.

If you have Netserver set up correctly on the iSeries then you could
specify the destination of the stream file to be a share on one of your
Windows machines.

See my article for more about this at:

http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/nodeuk/ukarchive/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewarticle&CO_ContentID=18919

Glenn

If you are looking for a more comprehesive commercial software solution, RPM
Select from Brooks Internet Software (www.brooksnet.com) has a very good,
easy to use, GUI based interface that could manage your spool files.  Many
of my customers use it in conjucntion with my Document processing, OctoTools
software, to bring text and report info from the
AS/400 to a PC for further processing.

Thanks,

Larry T.
You could just use opsnav & drag the spool to the PC, if this is
one-time. It works very well..

Fouad LFN wrote:
> I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC.
> Thanks
0
Drew

send an output spool file to a pc file
Hi, my name is Alfonso Cruz I'm from Mexico city and I have the following problem, I have client access in my pc and I want to send a spoolfile in the as400 as a file with extension txt in my pc. How do I do this? thru a CL and an rpg program? Anybody can help me? The Operations Navigator of Client access show me the file, but doesn't copy the file to my pc. It begins but don't finish. Thanks for your Attention. Alfonso - If you have Navigator and you see the spool file, just Drag the file (spool file) in the navigator window and drop the file onto your Desktop (Windows 98 or...

Sending an AS400 Spool file to an RS6000 output queue...HELP!!!
We have a report package called Vista residing on one of our RS6000. We are trying to send a spool file to the 6000 from an AS400 and having no luck. We have tried remote out queues, SNDTCPSPLF and LPR commands and not having any luck. Is there some trick to this that we are overlooking? Thanks for any help, Brett Hi Brett - On 17 Jun 2004 07:46:47 -0700, b_seavers@hotmail.com (Brett) wrote: >We have a report package called Vista residing on one of our RS6000. >We are trying to send a spool file to the 6000 from an AS400 and >having no luck. We have tried remote out queues, SNDTCP...

Text files read multiple files into single file, and then recreate the multiple files
Hiya, The title says it all really, but im a newbie to python sort of. I can read in files and write files no probs. But what I want to do is read in a couple of files and output them to one single file, but then be able to take this one single file and recreate the files I put into it. Im really at a loss as to how I go about recovering the files? obviously if i scan for a string that specifys the start and end of each file, theres the chance that the file might contain this term to which would split the files into unwanted chucks of file, which wouldnt be wanted. Any ideas? code snippets...

utility to creating a text file from a spool file
I need a utility or program that will allow me to download AS/400 spool files to a text file on a PC and still retain page layout. We create payroll check on the as/400 download those spool to text files and distribute those out our remote sites where they are printed on epson tractor feed printers. This process has worked great until now. I have been using a product call Surpass that has this capability, however, I just purchased a new iSeries and the company that wrote Surpass, The Tandem Group, must be out of business. Their software has my old As/400 serial and I'm unable to...

How to download a spool file into PC .txt file
How to download a spool file into PC .txt file? Thanks all! Sam abc wrote: > How to download a spool file into PC .txt file? Thanks all! > The easiest way I know to do that is to start Operations Navigator then double-click the system where the spooled file resides. Then under "Basic Operations" click the "Printer Output" option. Your spooled files show on the right. Drag and drop the spooled file you want onto the desktop. OpsNav will transfer the spooled file to a .txt file on your PC. Thanks for help. Sam "Jonas Temple" <jtemple@yhti.net...

Exporting Records from AS400 file to an ASCII delimited file
As can be noted from the subject, am not a techie. I need to export database records in a core application software on our AS400iseries into an ASCII comma delimited file on a PC so I can import it into a PC database program. What is the least cost (preferrably no-cost) way of doing this? TIA to all who reply. CPYTOIMPF CL command -- Kent Milligan, DB2 & BI team PartnerWorld for Developers, iSeries kmill@us.eye-bee-m.com (spam trick) GO HAWKEYES!! >>> www.iseries.ibm.com/db2 (opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer) ...

Copy Spool File to Another AS400
Is it possible to ftp a spool file to another AS400 so we can print it on one of its printers. if so how...thanks Pat Bradley V. Stone wrote: > If the printers are on your WAN, you should be able to create an IP > printer off each 400 so you can print from either 400 to the one > printer. (Other ways of doing this too, you weren't too specific > about your connections). > > You can also use SNDNETSPLF to send the spooled file to the other > machine. > > > On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:05:10 GMT, "kerleyp(you_must_remove_this)" > <"kerle...

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

Write to text file. Append to existing file. Create file if file doesn't exist.
Hi folks, &nbsp; up to LabVIEW 7 there was a wonderful "Write to Text&nbsp;File" vi which allowed the option "Append to File". Now, in LabVIEW 8, this old vi is not longer supported anymore. Instead, I am suggested to use a new "Write to Text File" vi. This vi does not offer the option "Append to File" anymore. Rather it is proposed in the online help that one should use the "Set File Position" in order to append text to the file. This much less straightforward than the old solution. Furthermore, I miss an option which would create the ...

file.exe file generation from file.m file
How to generate application (*.exe) file from *.m file, which has lots of graphics. Program was written for image watermarking by using image processing toolbox. I want to send this program some where else but with out sowing the program codes. By this *.exe no need to use matlab6.5 platform. Also tell me How to generate *.p file from *.m file Which is hide the code to user but for run this program need matlab6.5 Please give me some idea about it. it is very urgent for me. I will be very great full to you "Biswajit Kar" <hibiswajitkar@rediffmail.com> wrote in message ne...

Help. Old AS400 file, (collection of files and folders), but unsure of the format
Ok, AS400 experts. I had a mystery on my hands I'm hoping someone can shed some light on. I have an old file (1999), which is suppose to be a collection of files and or folders. There is no extension on the file. I've tried adding the popular extensions like, zip, tar, tar.gz, gz, but all fail to open the file. Was there a builtin utility that would turn a folder and or files into a single file? It may or may not have compression. Like I said, I'm not sure since there's no extension. Also, I am a complete noob to AS400. Never touched one, don't have access to on...

CCSID problem on AS400 file download to PC
Hi I have a problem downloading a file from AS400 to PC where the file contains German language umlaut characters. The file is on an AS400 with a system language id of DEU German and a System CCSID of 65535. The file has been compiled with a CCSID of 273 - German. Within the file, the characters with umlauts have hex codes that match the expected values for code page 273. On a UK PC, I can use Client Access to download the file using the EBCDIC to ANSI conversion method and get a csv file with the correct German characters. I can also use the VB application that my colleagues are using to g...

Send an e-mail with file attachment from the AS400
We are trying to get the AS400 to send a file out from the AS400 automatically as an e-mail attachment. We have got this working, copying phyisical file member to QDLS then using SNDDST to create and send the e-mail with the attachment. Question is with traceability. We cannot find anyway of monitoring that the e-mail has been successfully created or sent? We need to know that the SNDDST has successfully sent out the e-mail and preferably that the recipient has received it. Thanks in anticipation. Martin Richards This may sound a bit simple but just send a 'CC:' (carbon copy) to ...

Copy spooled file from AS400 using VB
I need to create a VB application that retrieves spooled files from AS400 and copy them to my PC. How do you do it with Client Access Express and VB? Do you have any sample codes? Thanks. Hello Mike, You can use FTP is you want to write all the logic yourself to copy the spool file with CPYSPLF and then download the results. If you're open to commercial options, take a look at our WinSpool/400 Report Download Software. WinSpool/400 can be used as an interactive download tool or you can use the ActiveX API to automate your own download processing. Client Access IS NOT required to use...

Web resources about - Send Spool file AS400 to Text PC file - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Spool knitting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spool knitting, corking, French knitting or tomboy knitting is a form of knitting that uses a spool and a number of nails to produce a narrow ...

Facebook’s Latest ‘Acqu-Hire’ Is Mobile Content-Caching Service Spool
The latest “ acqu-hire ” by Facebook is mobile content-caching startup Spool , which announced over the weekend that it was shuttering operations ...

Facebook hires team behind mobile bookmarking service Spool
Facebook has hired the small team behind Spool , a social bookmarking service that makes web content available for offline viewing on mobile ...

Jared Spool (@jmspool) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Jared Spool @ jmspool 42.635976,-71.164046 ...

Apple Stoer: A Jared Spool Slide
Explore Jeffrey's photos on Flickr. Jeffrey has uploaded 25027 photos to Flickr.

Spool Tuning - YouTube
... the EcoBoost family of engines from Ford have proven to be wildly popular with customers, not just because of their exceptional p... At Spool ...

Cinema's craftsmen losing the spools of their trade
Cinema's craftsmen losing the spools of their trade

3Dom USA Announces the Eco-Spool – Environmentally Friendly 3D Printing Filament Spools
As more and more people begin purchasing and using desktop 3D printers, the more filament is being consumed. While, much of this filament, specifically ...

Facebook Picks Up Spool Team and Shuts Bookmarking Service Down
Spool, a mobile social bookmarking company, has been “acqhired” by Facebook. The company informed users this morning that it would be shutting ...

Novitec Rosso spools Ferrari SA Aperta up past 800 horsepower
Whether Ferrari ends up building the rumored Fernando Alonso edition or not, the SA Aperta will stand as one of the most exclusive iterations ...