Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer

Can anyone help me?
I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access
emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5.
The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some
caracters at
the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem.

Looking forward to hear someone soon.

Stefano,

Try *HPCOLORLJ in stead of *HP5 or else see http://tinyurl.com/r99dq
for more information

Cheers,
Pjotr

Stefano wrote:
> Can anyone help me?
> I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access
> emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5.
> The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some
> caracters at
> the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem.
>
> Looking forward to hear someone soon.

0
invalid780 (334)
3/28/2006 3:52:58 PM
Here is how we defined ours:

CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) +
         PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) +
         FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) +
         MSGQ(*LIBL/I4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) +
         WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) +
         MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) +
         ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) +
         RMTLOCNAME('192.192.192.11') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) TEXT('DZ -
+
         FSC - DE - Printer Dell at Denison') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN +
         *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*UNKNOWN))

This is a network printer on our network.  The rmtlocname needs to be
whatever IP address you are setting in the printer.  We made ours
fixed so we can see it from the /400 all the time.  Notice we have it
as an hp5si and the sysdrvpgm is hppjldrv

ga

"Stefano" <stefano@utensilline.it> wrote:

>Can anyone help me?
>I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access
>emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5.
>The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some
>caracters at
>the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem.
>
>Looking forward to hear someone soon.

George Applegate
gappleg8@fscoop.com
0
gappleg8 (45)

AS400 and Dell Networked Printers ?
Hello, In the coming months I will be adding a number of network printers as AS400 printers. Most of them will be Dell. Right now I'm trying to connect a Dell 3100cn PCL6 color laserjet printer. The only document that I can find on the internet says to configure it as a *HPCOLORLJ if I remember right from work. I've also tried the *HP5000. Neither of these or several other tries has worked.I have not changed any settings on the laser printer because I wouldn't know what to change. The printer is on the network with a fixed IP and it is in DNS so I can see it on the domain. I...

problems setting up printer as device on AS400
I am learning the as400 currently, so please have patience with me here. I have a user who has a LaserJet 6L connected to her PC via parallel connection. She has Client\Access Express installed on her PC for connection to the as400. She has as400 reports that currently go out to a networked printer\copier and wants these reports to print out on the laserjet 6L connected to her PC. I setup a session for her printer on her PC and took all the default values. I then hasdone of our AS400 programmers set her reports to go to the LaserJet 6L. Now when she prints the reports we do get a print ou...

Printer versus Indesign printer settings
In Indesign, how can I make sure I haven't activated both my application and my Epson 2200 inkjet printer's printing settings in the File > Print window? I read that having both active can screw up the colors of printed images and give them a red cast, and my images _are_ printing too red. Robert ...

SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer error
SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer gives the following error : Error TERM/2014 Create error: \\oemcomputer\hp-lj1300.prn (DOS Error : Network name not found) Printer is installed and connected. It's working. Please help On Sep 9, 9:03=A0am, "M Mordkovych" <mmordk1_no_spam_...@verizon.net> wrote: > SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer gives the following error : > > Error TERM/2014 Create error: \\oemcomputer\hp-lj1300.prn (DOS Error : > Network name not found) > > Printer is installed and connected. It's working. > > Please help I've had ...

Fiscal printers with AS400
Hi. Has anybody ever been working with AS400 and fiscal printers. I was wondering how to transmit any data to this printers. Regards, Tomasz Hi Tomasz, If you can tell me a model number of fiscal printer, I might be able to help you. Best Regards, /Paul -- Paul Tykodi Principal Consultant TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC E-mail: ptykodi@tykodi.com ...

refill Dell-Printer and how to reset the printer-status
I refilled ink in my Dell 922-All-in-one-printer. the output is perfect, but the printer-driver is permanently saying the ink is finished. How can I reset this status and tell the driver the ink-cartridge is full ? The guy from the refill-center said to me Dell-printers are original Lexmark-printers and if you change the ink-cartridge in a lexmrk-printer the driver is asking you, ist the cartridge new/full or not. If you answer with yes the message not longer is coming up. But this feature I am missing in the dell-driver-software. Any ideas ? Georg ...

Printer Ink

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi. What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on V5R1) ? Regards, Tom tom wrote: > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? Probably FTP. "tom" <tomeks@comp.pl> wrote in message news:c8c9u5$fb4$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? > > Regards, > Tom > > It depends how often you are doing the copying & how much there is. If you want say one record but every 3 seconds then you...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

Replacing IBM 6400 Printer With A Network Laser Printer
We are currently using a IBM 6400 printer for most of our reports. We are thinking about switching are main reports over to print on a laser printer. The question that I have is what would be the best option. Requirements Drawer 1 - 8X11 Drawer 2 = 11X17 Overlay Printing Compatible with AS/400 V5R4 On Aug 6, 10:44=A0am, bneal69 <bnea...@gmail.com> wrote: > We are currently using a IBM 6400 printer for most of our reports. =A0We > are thinking about switching are main reports over to print on a laser > printer. > > The question that I have is what would be the best opti...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi All I am creating a database trigger to write details real time from tables on one AS400 to another over our WAN. Is there such a concept as ODBC connections on the AS400 to perform this task and if so can anyone explain how I would configure such a connection. There will be a process on the receiving AS400 waiting to process the data as soon as it is received. All provious data transfer between AS400's in our organisation have been using SAVF and FTP but this is a differnet issue. Thanks in advance for any help offered Iain Iain racontait dans comp.databases....

Sharp Printer Driver for the i5/AS400
I have a Sharp MX-7000N that does not seem to play well with our i5. I have tried using the various HP drivers in the CRTPRTDEV and none of them seem to work well. By work well I mean it works some of the time, but if the printer jams or runs low on toner the copier will not work on the i5 until the tech from Sharp comes out and clears the code from the printer. In the mean time we can still print from any Windows device, like Word, or Outlook. I am fed up with the Sharp technicians, because it is apparent they know nothing of the IBM i5. I have used the HP8000 driver with some success. We...

Printing from an AS400 to a Windows or Unix printer
Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer connections? If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some of the options? Thanks. Hi, Check out Brooks Internet Software, www.brooksnet.com for some very good yet reasonable LPR/LPD products supporting AS/400. Larry T. The Praetorian <mlutgen@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a > windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer > connections? Y...

Printing to Nashua printers from iSeries AS400
Hi, I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage so far. Does anybody recognize this problem and is there a solution? Thanx Hi Willem Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations How do you want to connect it to your as400? (LAN/IP, par on Workstation, par on PC, Twinax ) Daniel On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemde...

AS400 printer - HPLJ2600N
Hi, A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer. They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it was the customising object, and it worked fine. I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR in library QSYS but it didn't help. Please h...

problem with setting the ibm 6400 printer
I have a ibm 6400 printer. Can somebody help me with an idea how can i set up the printer to print from as400. The printer is set as ethernet ascii printer with an ip 10.0.101.253. We have leased line to an as400 platform. As400 is not in our netowrk. I recall a customer a few years back using a leased line and LPR (Remote output queue) to send spooled files to a LAN attached printer. The problem was when someone would shut off the printer at the remote site, the remote writer automatically retries sending (indefinitely). This kept the leased line open, thus the cost of operation was ra...

AS400 printing to PC-connected printer
I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware. I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what paper size I choose, whether it be in the hardware setting, the printer setup in Windows or in the "transform print data" selection, it seems to ignore paper size setting. This results in only the first line being lined up, and each line after is abo...

Canon iR1510-1670 printer on AS400
I am trying to get a Canon iR1510-1670 printer working as an AS400 printer. The spool file just sits at SND status and doesn't go anywhere, doesn't generate an error message. Can anybody help me? Anne Anne wrote: > I am trying to get a Canon iR1510-1670 printer working as an AS400 > printer. The spool file just sits at SND status and doesn't go > anywhere, doesn't generate an error message. Can anybody help me? > > Anne > How are you attempting to connect? Using a device description or a remote output queue Angus Angus wrote: > Anne wrote: >...

HP2600N Colour Printer
Hi all, I have set up fifty or sixty HP lasers on the AS400 and they all print quite happily. The models were HP2200/2300/4050/4100/4200/4300. I am now trying to set up my first colour laser, HP2600N, and it appears to print and disappears from the spool file on the AS400. At the laser the network light flashes, but I get no output. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone print successfully to the HP2600? This is the configuration that I am using is: - Device description . . . . . . . > HP2600TN Port number . . . . . . . . . . 9100 Online at IPL . . . . . . . . . *Y...

What procedure for install a network printer on a AS400 ...
Hello, Thanks for advance P�cha ...

Web resources about - Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children