Setting date in SMTP on AS400

Hi,
We're running a mailserver (for the time being) on a model 200 with v3r1m0.
Since 29th Feb however all incoming mail has the wrong date, the dat of
tomorrow that is. If I do a telnet session on port 25 smtp, i see the wrong
date. How can I change that date??? The system date is correct ofcourse and
an IPL didn't work either...
thanks,
Edwin

0
Edwin

Edwin H wrote:
> Hi,
> We're running a mailserver (for the time being) on a model 200 with v3r1m0.
> Since 29th Feb however all incoming mail has the wrong date, the dat of
> tomorrow that is. If I do a telnet session on port 25 smtp, i see the wrong
> date. How can I change that date??? The system date is correct ofcourse and
> an IPL didn't work either...
> thanks,
> Edwin

Check your QUCTOFFSET value, and the C locale settings.

--
Dan Hicks
A bad conscience has a very good memory.

0
danhicks (177)

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

Date format from AS400
Hello, I have a database file on PC that comes from AS/400 and it has a date column in which there are really strange values I cannot convert to a real date format. The file is in binary format and if I view the file in any hex editor I can see the (distinct) values are (hex notation, 4 bytes): 10008E0F 1001D91F 10108E0F 1011D91F 1020C0CF 10BAD91F 10C46C0F 10C4BC1F 10CDBC1F B220BC1F B2266C0F B2268E0F B25B6C0F B261D91F B27BD91F B290D91F B29D6C0F So far I only discovered that these values has 'F' at the last nybble which means the value is a positive number. But how can I read these values on PC in any standard language like C, vb, pascal or anything other than COBOL in which I believe these values were created, so I can obtain a date from them ? It doesn't look like EBCDIC nor packed decimal. -- greets, Lolek What did you download this with? It looks like packed ebcdic to me LOLek wrote: > Hello, > > I have a database file on PC that comes from AS/400 and it has a date column > in which there are really strange values I cannot convert to a real date > format. > The file is in binary format and if I view the file in any hex editor I can > see the (distinct) values are (hex notation, 4 bytes): > > 10008E0F > 1001D91F > 10108E0F > 1011D91F > 1020C0CF > 10BAD91F > 10C46C0F > 10C4BC1F > 10CDBC1F > B220BC1F > B2266C0F > B2268E0F > B25B6C0F > B261D91F > B27BD91F > B290D91F > B29D6C0F >...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

need as400 SMTP help
I had SMTP working but every time that I start it now I get 4 or 5 pairs of jobs of type PJ in a running status going off almost immediately that gradually use more and more of the processor until they are over 90% and I have to stop SMTP. This is without trying to send any emails, and after an IPL it still happens. I have to stop SMTP because the whole system bogs down. Now I can't even start SMTP because it only takes a few minutes until the processor is up to 95% or so. I wrote down the name of the 2 jobs but I left the paper at work. Does anyone know how I can clear SMTP of whatever it is trying to do? Thanks in advance, Joe in Florida Hey Joe in Florida, You might give this a try... http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/70edb20ef13bb59c86256634005e9f20?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,SMTP,reset I've used this in the past when SMTP gets hosed. Not sure if it's relevant to your OS level, though. I found this on IBM's knowledgebase. HTH, Jonas Darth wrote: > I had SMTP working but every time that I start it now I get 4 or 5 pairs of > jobs of type PJ in a running status going off almost immediately that > gradually use more and more of the processor until they are over 90% and I > have to stop SMTP. This is without trying to send any emails, and after an > IPL it still happens. I have to stop SMTP because the whole system bogs > down. Now I can't even start SMTP because it only takes...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

How do set Journal size in AS400?
Dear all, How do set the Journal size in AS400?. I am a beginner in AS400? If anybody knows Pls share with me. Veera > How to set journal size? It is more appropriately the 'Journal Receiver' size Threshold; a size which specifies when [at what threshold] warnings of and actions, should be made to establish a new receiver to be attached to the journal. The CRTJRNRCV command establishes that. Either CRTJRN or CHGJRN to attach a journal to that receiver. Both of the latter commands allow setting Size Options and Management features for the receivers. Regards, Chuck -- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever and may not represent positions, strategies, nor views of my employer ...

using AS400 SMTP server
I'm trying to use the SMTP server from our AS400, which has outbound access= to the internet but is blocked from inbound ports. The purpose is to have our custom AS400 software email customer invoices, s= tatements, and ocasional reports. I've added an SFP TXT record to the DNS and that seems to be accepted as a = "pass" by many servers. However certain servers like aol.com and rcn.com w= ill not accept email from us. The reason given is usually some kind of tim= eout that doesn't give the reason that the server won't accept email from u= s: NOT ABLE TO DELIVER MAIL TO SOME/ALL RECIPIENTS. REPLY CODES WITH FIRST DIGIT =3D '4' OR '5' ARE ERROR REPLIES. ERRORS THAT DO NOT HAVE ERROR REPLY CODES MAY EXIST. HOST PNNK00 NOT ABLE TO DELIVER MAIL TO FOLLOWING RECIPIENT(S): <xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.NET> RETRIES EXHAUSTED WHILE ATTEMPTING TO CONNECT TO REMOTE HOST yyyyyyyy. In looking into this more, I see that while we now have an SPF that seems O= K, we don't have domain keys, DKIM or sender id Does anyone know the best way to get an AS400 internal SMTP server to be tr= usted where the AS400 is being used for Send Only and not open to public in= ternet pings on any port? Thanks Can't you bounce/relay it off a real internal SMTP server rather than trying to let the AS/400 do the sending ? The mail server framework has always been fraught with issues and it may be better to bou...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Client Access / AS400 Date Issue
I am trying to extract data from our AS400 based upon the current system date. I want to extract all records that are >= system date - 90 days and do not have a clue as to the correct syntax to use. Our date format is 1060225. E.P. wrote: > I am trying to extract data from our AS400 based upon the current > system date. I want to extract all records that are >= system date - > 90 days and do not have a clue as to the correct syntax to use. Our > date format is 1060225. What language are you trying to use? If RPGLE, this is pretty easy. Say your date field in your table is The_Date; then you could code: c if The_Date >= %dec(%date() - %days(90)) c exsr Extract_SR c endif Alternatively, you could code: c if %diff(%date():%date(The_Date:*cymd):*d) <= 90 c exsr Extract_SR c endif COBOL has something similar to the built-in functions called intrinsic functions; naturally, it's a lot wordier. If you're using SQL, the code isn't so straightforward. You're going to have to convert your date field value to a standard date format, and SQL doesn't have the same convenient built-in functions to do this. For an interactive application, you might write a user-defined function that converts your cyymmdd value into an *ISO date value; if it's batch, and you're processing a large number of records, you probably want to avoid this, be...

DATE CALCULATIONS USING AS400 QUERY
I NEED TO ACCESS DATA FOR ONLY LAST 30 DAYS IN OUR DATABASE. HOW DO I CREATE A DATE VARIALBLE THAT I CAN USE TO SEARCH DATABASE. I KNOW HOW TO GET CURRENT(DATE), BUT I WANT CURRENT(DATE)-30. ANY HELP?? Current(Date) - 30 Days Birgitta On 10 Aug., 17:33, JIMBO <JST...@SHENANDOAHFURNITURE.COM> wrote: > I NEED TO ACCESS DATA FOR ONLY LAST 30 DAYS IN OUR DATABASE. HOW DO I > CREATE A DATE VARIALBLE THAT I CAN USE TO SEARCH DATABASE. I KNOW HOW > TO GET CURRENT(DATE), BUT I WANT CURRENT(DATE)-30. ANY HELP?? On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:33:40 -0700, JIMBO wrote: > I NEED TO ACCESS DATA FOR ONLY LAST 30 DAYS IN OUR DATABASE. HOW DO I > CREATE A DATE VARIALBLE THAT I CAN USE TO SEARCH DATABASE. I KNOW HOW > TO GET CURRENT(DATE), BUT I WANT CURRENT(DATE)-30. ANY HELP?? It's not that hard with SQL (*QMQRY). SELECT DATE(DAYS(CURDATE()) - 30) will hand back the date 30 days prior. -- 6. I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them. --Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord On Aug 10, 1:04 pm, "Hau...@sss-software.de" <Hau...@sss-software.de> wrote: > Current(Date) - 30 Days > > Birgitta > > On 10 Aug., 17:33, JIMBO <JST...@SHENANDOAHFURNITURE.COM> wrote: > > > > > I NEED TO ACCESS DATA FOR ONLY LAST 30 DAYS IN OUR DATABASE. HOW DO I > > CREATE A DATE VARIALBLE THAT I CAN USE TO SEARCH DATABASE. I KNOW HOW > > TO GET CU...

Changing AS400 TCP/IP Settings
Hi, I'm going to need to change our AS400 TCP/IP settings soon because we're getting a new DNS server. I'm trying to find out if there are any "gotchas" in the process. What I intend to do is: 1) ENDTCPSVR *ALL 2) Add host table entry for the new server 3) Add new default route (delete the old default route) 4) Change our domain information to specify new domain name and dns ip address 5)STRTCPSVR *ALL Am I missing anything? Thanks Jim Is your IP address of the 400 going to stay the same. Make sure you check command CHGTCPDMN. Jack Thanks for getting back so quickly. -CHGTCPDM is part of my check list - I'll be changing the domain name and the dns address. -I haven't checked with our network administrator, but I'm assuming (bad idea) that the as400 ip address will remain unchanged. If that's not the case, am I correct in assuming that I can "Work with TCP/IP Interfaces" and remove our current NETLIN *ELAN line description and then add a new lind with the correct IP information (also bearing in mind that this will also affect the host table entries) Jim <jack.kingsley@wamu.net> wrote in message news:1109780119.594970.164430@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is your IP address of the 400 going to stay the same. Make sure you > check command CHGTCPDMN. > JB wrote: > Jack > Thanks for getting back so quickly. > -CHGTCPDM is part of my check list - I'll be changing the dom...

problems setting up printer as device on AS400
I am learning the as400 currently, so please have patience with me here. I have a user who has a LaserJet 6L connected to her PC via parallel connection. She has Client\Access Express installed on her PC for connection to the as400. She has as400 reports that currently go out to a networked printer\copier and wants these reports to print out on the laserjet 6L connected to her PC. I setup a session for her printer on her PC and took all the default values. I then hasdone of our AS400 programmers set her reports to go to the LaserJet 6L. Now when she prints the reports we do get a print out, but its weird. Lines, crossed lines and what appears to be drawings of intersections. Not aski characters or anything I have seen before. what should I be looking at to fix this problem? gary Go communication/configure on the emulator screen and then click on the setup button for the printer. Check the "Transform print data to ASCII on the iSeries" box and then use the drop down to select your printer model. *HP6 is probably what you want. Of course this is assuming you haven't tried this already. Thad Rizzi havent tried that yet, but I will now. thanks. gary "Thad Rizzi" <thad_rizzi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1106683687.438141.250260@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Go communication/configure on the emulator screen and then click on the > setup button for the printer. Check the "Transform print data to ASCII > on ...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer
Can anyone help me? I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some caracters at the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. Looking forward to hear someone soon. Stefano, Try *HPCOLORLJ in stead of *HP5 or else see http://tinyurl.com/r99dq for more information Cheers, Pjotr Stefano wrote: > Can anyone help me? > I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access > emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. > The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some > caracters at > the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. > > Looking forward to hear someone soon. Here is how we defined ours: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/I4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) + RMTLOCNAME('192.192.192.11') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) TEXT('DZ - + FSC - DE - Printer Dell at Denison') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*...

Date Functions in SQL for DB2 / AS400 / iSeries
Hi, I'm kinda new to AS400, having been lounging in SQL Server land for years. I'm writing SQL queries to generate data for a web app. How does one perform date difference 'arithmetic' against date columns? For example SELECT CURDATE() - "30 Days"? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. On 2 Apr., 06:22, "travo" <t...@prozacblues.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm kinda new to AS400, having been lounging in SQL Server land > for years. I'm writing SQL queries to generate data for a web app. How > does one perform date difference 'arithmetic' against date columns? > > For example > SELECT CURDATE() - "30 Days"? > > Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Hi, just remove the double qoutes! Select Current_Date - 30 Days >From SysIBM/SysDummy1 Birgitta > just remove the double qoutes! > Select Current_Date - 30 Days > Thanks Birgitta, the quotes were just to surround the plain language phrase that I had in place, sorry for the confusion - I did try your technique though - just to be sure - and unfortunately I had no luck. I did have more luck working with the JULIAN_DAY() function - it allowed me to perform some day-based arithmetic on the columns I was working with. I'm still open for suggestions, but for now I've got things working. Cheers, Travis > > just remove the double qoutes! > > Select Current_Date - 30 Days > > > > Thanks Birgitta, ...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > A quick google search didn't show much in the way of DB2 ODBC drivers for Mac, but there's an odbc-to-jdbc bridge product that may be helpful: http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Kaj Julius wrote: > http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ > (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Thank you Kaj, I will take a look. -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

Does IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux?
Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which distribution is available? Al Al Bogner wrote: > Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which > distribution is available? The following shows the which models support Linux. http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/pdfs/guide.pdf ...

DB2 AS400 convert character to date format #2
In AS/400, have a table that has a character field defined. This has to be converted to date format of YYYY-MM-DD. The sample character data is as follows: 02/05/2005. In UDB, you can do a bind of DB2 utility packages to use ISO, USA or some other format. What is to be done in AS/400 to achieve the same? TIA. ...

Web resources about - Setting date in SMTP on AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Campaign setting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A campaign setting is usually a fictional world which serves as a setting for a role-playing game or wargame campaign. A campaign is a series ...

Privacy Setting For New Facebook Users Aged 13-17 Now Defaults To ‘Friends’
Facebook is changing the initial default privacy setting for users aged 13 through 17 to friends, from friends of friends, but those teen users ...

Facebook changes default privacy settings for new users to friends-only
Facebook announced today a shift in privacy settings for new users. Now, when someone signs up for a profile, their default posting status is ...

Google Store is setting up a crazy huge claw game at SXSW, and we’re going to play it
Google has typically had at least a little bit of presence at SXSW in the past, but we’ve never been there to cover it. That’s changing this ...

How-To: Reduce iPhone screen brightness beyond what’s possible in Control Center or Display & Brightness ...
My iPhone 6s is not jailbroken, but there are still a couple of tricks that I employ that make it closer to that of a jailbroken phone. For example, ...

iPhone Sales Trends in January, Setting the Stage for a New 4-Inch iPhone, Thursday Q&A
We begin today's email by taking a look at the latest Kantar smartphone data for the month of January. We discuss three major themes found in ...

Trump and Cruz split states, setting up Wisconsin showdown
Donald Trump and Ted Cruz split victories in Republican presidential contests in Arizona and Utah on Tuesday, setting up a showdown in Wisconsin. ...

Custom Navigation button settings, GravityBox – Android customization
... things to think about Should you root Xposed framework and installer basics Install GravityBox and get started Custom Navigation button settings ...

Watch live: Record-setting NASA astronaut launching to space station
The gantry arms close around the Soyuz spacecraft to secure the rocket at the launch pad on Wednesday. (credit: NASA) A Russian rocket will ...