SMTP sent box

Is there any way to retrieve the those  mails sent via SMTP server,
something like the sent box in a an e-mail client ?

Is there any copy of them in the IFS with it's status?

We need to check that mails and its content were sent to de corresponding
amail servers.

Thanks in advance.

--
..

0
CENTRINO
6/28/2016 1:01:01 AM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On 28-Jun-2016 05:35 -0500, CENTRINO wrote:
> Is there any way to retrieve the those  mails sent via SMTP server,
> something like the sent box in a an e-mail client ?
>
> Is there any copy of them in the IFS with its status?
>
> We need to check that mails and its content were sent to the
> corresponding email servers.

   As I understand it, the emails would exist only temporarily [created
into /tmp]; in that case, all that would be available since, would only
be from any logging that was in effect.  The Change SMTP Attributes
(CHGSMTPA) has a Journal (JOURNAL) parameter to enable [which I expect
defaults to *YES] specifying "whether SMTP should write additional
journal entries which show mail message transitions, events, and
informational data to the Mail Server Framework journal (QUSRSYS/QZMF)
as each mail item passes thru <sic> SMTP."  Per "additional", I would
expect there might be some level of detail logged to that journal about
emails, irrespective the setting of that parameter.

--
Regards, Chuck
0
On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 12:33:14 PM UTC+2, CENTRINO wrote:
> Is there any way to retrieve the those  mails sent via SMTP server,
> something like the sent box in a an e-mail client ?
>
> Is there any copy of them in the IFS with it's status?

To keep a track of all the email messages sent from my iSeries, I use the following simple (& smart) solution:
- All the e-mail messages are blank-copied to an e-mail aaccount of mine.
  By checking the incoming mail of such an account, I'm always in control of what has been sent out.
0
Giovanni