SQL from AS400

I'm using ADO to pull a recordset from AS400. Everything works fine except my SQL. This SQL was generated using Microsoft query in
Excel, and it works fine, obviously, when using MSQuery. It does not work when I put it in code. The rest of my code is fine, and
has been tested successfully with a different, simpler SQL. Please advise.

mySQL = "SELECT CUST.CCMPNY, CUST.CSPCL4, CUST.CCYCLE, CUST.CCUST#, CPRD.CPDESC, CPRD.CPCHG " & _
"FROM {oj ARWF.JGFTYT.CUST CUST LEFT OUTER JOIN ARWF.JGFTYT.CPRD CPRD ON CUST.CCUST# = CPRD.CPCST#} " & _
"WHERE (CPRD.CPCHG In ('CW','DF','MC','MK','CK','WE','LI','GA','GR','CO','BE','BS')) AND (SUBSTR(CSPCL4,1,2) In ('CW','DF'," & _
"'MC','MK','CK','WE','LI','GA','GR','CO','BE','BS')) AND (CUST.CCYCLE In ('RW','RR','RC','TR','WR','SB','SC','ZB','1','2','10'," & _
"'11','12','13','14','15','16')) AND (CUST.CCMPNY In ('1','3','4','5','6'))" & ";"

--
RMC,CPA

0
rchoatecpa (15)

Richard wrote:

> I'm using ADO to pull a recordset from AS400. Everything works fine except my SQL. This SQL was generated using Microsoft query in
> Excel, and it works fine, obviously, when using MSQuery. It does not work when I put it in code. The rest of my code is fine, and
> has been tested successfully with a different, simpler SQL. Please advise.
>
> mySQL = "SELECT CUST.CCMPNY, CUST.CSPCL4, CUST.CCYCLE, CUST.CCUST#, CPRD.CPDESC, CPRD.CPCHG " & _
> "FROM {oj ARWF.JGFTYT.CUST CUST LEFT OUTER JOIN ARWF.JGFTYT.CPRD CPRD ON CUST.CCUST# = CPRD.CPCST#} " & _
> "WHERE (CPRD.CPCHG In ('CW','DF','MC','MK','CK','WE','LI','GA','GR','CO','BE','BS')) AND (SUBSTR(CSPCL4,1,2) In ('CW','DF'," & _
> "'MC','MK','CK','WE','LI','GA','GR','CO','BE','BS')) AND (CUST.CCYCLE In ('RW','RR','RC','TR','WR','SB','SC','ZB','1','2','10'," & _
> "'11','12','13','14','15','16')) AND (CUST.CCMPNY In ('1','3','4','5','6'))" & ";"

Two quick guesses:

1.  Ditch the '{oj' following the FROM
2.  Ditch the terminating semi-colon.

0
jonball (677)

AS400 to AS400 connection

IBM AS400

sql/as400
hat jemand erfahrung mit sql auf der as400, oder weis jemand wo mann gute ebooks herbekommt? wen m�glich auf deutsch mfg kuerni kuerni wrote: > wen m�glich auf deutsch Maybe you should ask in news:de.comp.lang.php.datenbanken. Regards, Matthias Try this: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2929/info/rzahgictoc.htm It has a button you can use to change the language to deutsch Also maybe helpful is: http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/linux/guide/index.html ...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Reading SQL from AS400
Is there a way I can access SQL data from an AS/400 client session?? Win 2003/SQL 2005 DB2 r5v4 AHIA Larry... On Jun 28, 2:41 pm, LPR-3rd <lrea...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way I can access SQL data from an AS/400 client session?? > > Win 2003/SQL 2005 > > DB2 r5v4 > > AHIA > Larry... Ask Microsoft if they provide a suitable driver for this db which will run on an as400. JDBC would be good as it could be pltform independant. Jonathan. Take a look to URL http://www.easycom-aura.com/SQLiPlug.asp Sylvain "LPR-3rd" <lreames@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1183038073.461240.162280@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way I can access SQL data from an AS/400 client session?? > > Win 2003/SQL 2005 > > DB2 r5v4 > > AHIA > Larry... > ...

SQL AS400 MEMBERS
Okay, I am a complete newbie when it comes to AS400. I am currently working with Cognos Decision Stream to pull some data from an AS400 Table. However the data is in a MEMBER. How do I use standard SQL to get the data from this MEMBER? Assume my table is ORDHIST and my MEMBER is ORDERS. Any help would be greatly appreciated! todd.quigley@gmail.com wrote: > Okay, I am a complete newbie when it comes to AS400. I am currently > working with Cognos Decision Stream to pull some data from an AS400 > Table. However the data is in a MEMBER. How do I use standard SQL to > get the data from this MEMBER? Assume my table is ORDHIST and my > MEMBER is ORDERS. Any help would be greatly appreciated! use CREATE ALIAS http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc/msg/a6c0217cbf722550 -Steve todd.quigley@gmail.com wrote: > Okay, I am a complete newbie when it comes to AS400. I am currently > working with Cognos Decision Stream to pull some data from an AS400 > Table. However the data is in a MEMBER. How do I use standard SQL to > get the data from this MEMBER? Assume my table is ORDHIST and my > MEMBER is ORDERS. Any help would be greatly appreciated! First create an alias (assume ORDHIST is in a library/schema called ORDLIB): create alias mylib.orders for ordlib.ordhist(orders) Then do your SQL statements against the alias: select * from mylib.orders where ... Thanks guys! I'll give it a shot first thing in the AM...

AS400 and SQL DTS
Hi, I'm new to AS400 and am trying to copy the contents of a table from an SQL Server 2000 table to a table in AS400, I'm doing this using DTS. I'm connecting using the iSeries Access ODBC Driver. Both the tables in both tables are identical in terms of columns and primary keys etc. I can copy the data from AS400 to SQL Server without any problems, but when I try to copy it the other way (SQL Server to AS400) I get an error. The update statement I'm using in my DTS is: INSERT INTO JHTEST ( PARENT, COMPNT, DESC ) VALUES ( ?, ?, ? ) But every time I click the Parse button in DTS the following error appears: HResult of 0X80040e14 (-2147217900) returned Unexpected error occureed. An error result was returned without an error message. Is the insert statement running correct? Does the column DESC need to be in quotes or square brackets as its a key word as in SQL? Also could the problem be a problem with concurrency within the AS400? Any help or alternative to this would be much appreciated. Thanks Simon ...

AS400 SQL Group By Question
Hello all, I could use your help. I'm new to SQL on the 400. I'm looking to select one record from a table per unique value in a given field. In mysql I'd do this with a group by statement, but on the 400, every field in the select must be in the group by. This defeats the purpose of the query. Does somebody know a work around? I'd like only to group by one field. Thanks, Shannon Sumner sumner@bcn.net You have to group by all the selected fields which are not summaries The only thing which I cant beleive is that you have to specify all the fields individually, SQL knows its going to demand them so why dosnt it just accept 'group' as a keyword & just go and do it ? Jonathan "Shannon Sumner" <sumner@bcn.net> wrote in message news:vifk1q9l130ve0@corp.supernews.com... > Hello all, > > > > I could use your help. I'm new to SQL on the 400. I'm looking to select > one record from a table per unique value in a given field. In mysql I'd do > this with a group by statement, but on the 400, every field in the select > must be in the group by. This defeats the purpose of the query. Does > somebody know a work around? I'd like only to group by one field. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Shannon Sumner > > sumner@bcn.net > > > > > Hello, I'll be more specific with my problem ... Here's a sample of the data ... BFNAME ...

Record number in SQL on AS400
Hello, I know it's possible to get the record number in RPG using the INFDS. I was wondering if there were a keyword or a functiun in SQL (not embedded) to get, and maybe display, the record number. In my mind, it would be something like select Field1, Field2, RecordNumber from MyFile Are there other informations about the file and about the records you can get directly in SQL ? Thank you for your answers Seb Seb wrote: > Hello, > > I know it's possible to get the record number in RPG using the INFDS. > I was wondering if there were a keyword or a functiun in SQL (not > embedded) to get, and maybe display, the record number. > > In my mind, it would be something like > select Field1, Field2, RecordNumber from MyFile > > Are there other informations about the file and about the records you > can get directly in SQL ? > > Thank you for your answers > > Seb > select field1, field2, rrn(x) from myfile x You need to specify the file alias 'x', or some other alias name. Look at this one: SELECT rrn(systables) from qsys2/systables But... i would avoid thinking about using the relative record number... -h "Seb" <boron_sebastien@netcourrier.Com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1127407032.944061.170500@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I know it's possible to get the record number in RPG using the INFDS. > I was wondering if there were a keyword or a functiun i...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

SQL queries on AS400 database
Hi, Currently I use a program called DataSelect for running queries on my AS400 database. From Clarion 5.5. I open a DDE channel and have the outcom of the query running into a dBase IV file, from where I can access the data in my Clarion applications. I am sure there must be a way to run SQL based queries directly on the AS400, using the ODBC connection I have setup with the database, but I don't know how to set this up and how to ensure that the data ends in a table (TopSpeed file). Anybody who could help me? Thanks for your reply, Gerard Hi, > I am sure there must be a way to run SQL based queries directly on the > AS400, using the ODBC > connection I have setup with the database, but I don't know how to set this > up and how to > ensure that the data ends in a table (TopSpeed file). Import the AS400 filedefinitions into your dictionary using the ODBC filedriver. Then you can either access these files in your application as you would access topspeed files (kind of), or you can copy the contents to a topspeedfile (e/g using a Process type procedure) HTH -- Arie Rens (RADventure B.V.) Maarssen, the Netherlands http://www.radventure.nl SoftVelocity Distributor for the Benelux try winsql lite. it free. it allow you to browse tru any database via odbc. from winsql then you can decide which table to import. "Arie Rens (RADventure B.V.)" <reader8@radventure.nl> wrote in message news:VA.00000107.43058c20@radventure.nl... &...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

SQL 2000, AS400 and Client Access
Anyone Anyone , please shed some light. We have upgraded our existing NT4, SQL 7 MIS server to a W2K, SQL 2K server On this I have install all the latests service packs for all applications. I am running Client Access v4r5 SP67276(latest). I have setup all users, permissions, logins, links, dsn's, etc. as per the old server. However, when I run a openquery in query analyser it pulls one line and the following error message: Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: [IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver (32-bit)]Driver not capable.] OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowset::GetNextRows returned 0x80004005: ]. I have changed the record blocking and other properties including a manual connection string in the linked server in sql. Nothing seems to work I am at a lose right now and would appriciate any input that I can try to resolve the problem as right now it's all not working. Does anyone know if this version of Client Access we using is infact capable of this on the new system? This is one product where we have lost v5 cd's for and would need to source them if there is a know issue with the current version Many Thanks! I just ran into the same problem. You will have to install the latest Client Access, with the latest service packs. You say that you have lost the CDs for Client Access... you should still be able to get the software from the IF...

[...]

AS400 & MS SQL Server
Hi, Does any one have experience setting up some sort of Linked Server connection between an AS400 and SQL Server? I would like each to be able to read and write to the others file. Is the Client Access ODBC my only option here? I have heard the new iSeries offers some new methods of connecting to the SQL Server, has anyone tried these? Thanks for reading and maybe replying. Paul. Hi Paul, one easy and stable option would be java and jdbc, you can access every database from as400 as client with an appropiate type 4 driver. Dieter Paul wrote: > Hi, > > Does any one have experience setting up some sort of Linked Server > connection between an AS400 and SQL Server? I would like each to be able > to read and write to the others file. > > Is the Client Access ODBC my only option here? I have heard the new > iSeries offers some new methods of connecting to the SQL Server, has > anyone tried these? > > Thanks for reading and maybe replying. > > Paul. Paul, StarQuest has some specifics tools to access DB2 and to replicate data to/from SQL Server: www.starquest.com Hope this helps! Bob "Paul" <whateveremail@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<V23Pb.182443$ts4.164114@pd7tw3no>... > Hi, > > Does any one have experience setting up some sort of Linked Server > connection between an AS400 and SQL Server? I would like each to be able to > read and write to the others file. > > Is the...

DTS -- SQL Server Data to AS400
Hi, I'm trying to dug this issue since couple of days but couldn't find any solution. I have SQL server 2000 SP 3 and Host Integration Server 2000 SP 1 running. I'm able to download data from AS400/DB2(V5R2M0) into SQL server, using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 in DTS. But when I tried to upload the same table (downloaded from AS400 into Sql server) back to AS400, I got the following error. HResult of 0x8004206a(-2147213206) returned Unexpected error occurred. An error result was returned without error message. Anyone knows any thing about plese help me with this issue. I'll really appreciate it. Thanks in advance Noor ...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

SQL 2000, AS400 and Client Access
Anyone Anyone , please shed some light. We have upgraded our existing NT4, SQL 7 MIS server to a W2K, SQL 2K server On this I have install all the latests service packs for all applications. I am running Client Access v4r5 SP67276(latest). I have setup all users, permissions, logins, links, dsn's, etc. as per the old server. However, when I run a openquery in query analyser it pulls one line and the following error message: Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: [IBM][Client Access Ex...

AS400 as SQL Server Linked server
Hi, I'm trying to set up DB2 on AS400 as a linked server on SQL Server. Everything works ok, but, when I try to run an UPDATE, it gives me an error (OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowsetChange::SetData returned 0x80004005). I've searched a lot on the internet, I've tried some solutions but without success. I'm using SQLServer 2000 and Client Access 5 release 1. Is there any solution or workaround ? Thanks in advance Massimo ...

Convert AS400 sequels to SQL (ONLY DEFAUT JOIN)
Hi, I am not a specialist of AS400 netheir SQL. I am connecting to an AS400 trough Excel, to launch some sequels. It is working well, but I wan't to launch from EXCEL some sequels created to run on the AS400. It seems that they are not the same. Here is the AS400 sequels : SELECT DISTINCT bukrs.01, hkont.01, prctr.01, kostl.01, COUNT(*) NAME(cntstar) FROM lpcnv500/fnpcvdt0, lpcnv500/fnpglcr0 ONLY DEFAULT JOIN bukrs.01=sapccd.02 AND hkont.01=acctnu.02 AND prctr.01=sprofc.02 AND kostl.01=scostc.02 GROUP BY bukrs.01, hkont.01, prctr.01, kostl.01 I update as it like that for Excel : SELECT DISTINCT X.bukrs, X.hkont, X.prctr, X.kostl, COUNT(*) NAME (cntstar) FROM lpcnv500.fnpcvdt0 X, lpcnv500.fnpglcr0 Y ONLY DEFAULT JOIN X.bukrs=Y.sapccd AND X.hkont=Y.acctnu AND X.prctr=Y.sprofc AND X.kostl=Y.scostc GROUP BY X.bukrs, X.hkont, X.prctr, X.kostl I am sure the solution is not far.... but Excel do not accpet the ONLY DEFAUT JOIN syntax. I am sure I can translate it with the right SQL syntax, but I don't know which one.... Thanks for your help. Best regards, F. I am using this provider in Excel : Provider=IBMDA400 ...

Web resources about - SQL from AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

AS400 Iseries
If you are looking to create jobs that you need to run at specified days or times on a regular basis on your as400 then your need to be using ...

India Jobs Network
Job Posts Search Hire Recruit Candidates Profile Resume CV HeadHunters HR Sourcing Recruitment Consultants Recruiters requirements Jobs firm ...

Operating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An operating system ( OS ) is a set of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs . ...

Software industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The software industry includes businesses for development , maintenance and publication of software that are using any business model. The industry ...

摄影器材资料馆 - Leica中文摄影论坛 专业中文摄影社区
Leica 关于 Leica 中文站 论坛首页 最新主题列表 最新回复列表 专业认证版块 认证会员摄影作品展专区 认证会员器材交流专区 认证会员摄影讨论专区 中文摄影论坛 摄影器材资料馆 技术互助讨论区 摄影器材专卖店 中文站办公室 注册 找回密码 登录 在线会员总数 注册会员总数 ...

Manager Business Process Support / CT8225
Manager Business Process Support / CT8225 job in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, US. Read the Manager Business Process Support / CT8225 job description ...

Attunity Integration Technology Forum
Attunity Integration Technology Forum. To find out about Attunity, go to http://www.attunity.com/ .

AS400, iSeries, IBM Free BCD Software Download Trials for Web App Development and BI
The IBM i and PC software products you will download are fully functioning versions of our software, complete with manuals. Free Trials, purchased ...

iDevelop: Cloud
The thoughts and musings of Jon Paris and Susan Gantner, two traveling System i application development evangelists. Topics include RPG, PHP ...