Sql Squirrel and iseries DB2 access

I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?

I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?

Can anyone offer me some guidence?

I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.

Thanks
Shadow

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9120 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
>
> I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
>
> Can anyone offer me some guidence?
>
> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
>
> Thanks
> Shadow

If I might humbly offer another option:  FROG for the IBM i5.  May not
have all the bells and whistles of Squirrel but it is geared to the i5.
 No JDBC required, only Client Access.

You can download at http://www.innovativesys.net

Jonas Temple

0
jtemple (209)
12/20/2006 2:52:36 PM
It looks interesting, thank you for the suggestion, but I was hoping to
also have a tool where I can directly change a cell of data.  I know I
can use interactive sql in FROG which is cool.

Thank you again

Jonas Temple wrote:
> LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
> >
> > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
> >
> > Can anyone offer me some guidence?
> >
> > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shadow
>
> If I might humbly offer another option:  FROG for the IBM i5.  May not
> have all the bells and whistles of Squirrel but it is geared to the i5.
>  No JDBC required, only Client Access.
>
> You can download at http://www.innovativesys.net
>
> Jonas Temple

the reference for squirrel sais where to add the driver package to the url,
I would recommend the toolbox driver (jtopen), the other stuff you don't
need, the url is jedbc:as400//myServer/defaultSchema the reference for
jtopen sais what parameters you could use for logon with the url, the name
of the driver class is com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver.
its working fine with squirrel and as400 and the toolbox driver, if you can
connect with odbc, otherwise you should adress another question.

dieter bender

LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:

> I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
>
> I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
>
> Can anyone offer me some guidence?
>
> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
>
> Thanks
> Shadow

iNavigator has a table (file) editor that allows you to edit cells
directly.

LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> It looks interesting, thank you for the suggestion, but I was hoping to
> also have a tool where I can directly change a cell of data.  I know I
> can use interactive sql in FROG which is cool.
>
> Thank you again
>

> Jonas Temple wrote:
> > LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> > > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> > > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> > > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
> > >
> > > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> > > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
> > >
> > > Can anyone offer me some guidence?
> > >
> > > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Shadow
> >
> > If I might humbly offer another option:  FROG for the IBM i5.  May not
> > have all the bells and whistles of Squirrel but it is geared to the i5.
> >  No JDBC required, only Client Access.
> >
> > You can download at http://www.innovativesys.net
> >
> > Jonas Temple

0
budimlic (202)
12/20/2006 8:49:51 PM
Please follow these steps to properly configure Squirrell:

1) Create a new driver.
    Driver -> New Driver

    Name        =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
    Sample URL  =  jdbc:as400://sampleServer.com/
    Website URL =  http://jt400.sourceforge.net/

The driver will appear in the "Driver Window" marked as available

2) Create an alias for your AS/400.
    Aliases -> New Alias

    Name        =  WhateverYouCallYourAS/400
    Driver      =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
    URL         =  jdbc:as400://yourAS400DNSName_or_IPAddress/
    User        =  TheUserYouWantToUseToConnect
    Password    =  ThePasswordOfTheUser

Click the "Properties" button and select "Specify Schema loading and caching". Then click "Connect
database to refresh Schema table" and set all tables, views and procedures to "Dont't load". Otherwise
Squirrell will load all and everything when it connects to your AS/400. Obviously that will take
noticeable time. Finally set all tables, views and procedures you want to work with to "Load ...".

The new alias will appear in the "Aliases Window".

4) Double-Click "WhateverYouCallYourAS/400" in the alias window to connect to your AS/400.

I will send a screen shot with a sample configuration your e-mail address. That probably makes things
easier.

Thomas Raddatz.

LightSquire@gmail.com schrieb:
> I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
>
> I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
>
> Can anyone offer me some guidence?
>
> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
>
> Thanks
> Shadow

You need to do a LOT of reading:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/

and start here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp

LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:

> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
0
mboceanside (111)
12/20/2006 9:12:32 PM
Thomas Raddatz wrote:
> Please follow these steps to properly configure Squirrell:
>
> 1) Create a new driver.
>     Driver -> New Driver
>
>     Name        =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
>     Sample URL  =  jdbc:as400://sampleServer.com/
>     Website URL =  http://jt400.sourceforge.net/
>
> The driver will appear in the "Driver Window" marked as available
>
> 2) Create an alias for your AS/400.
>     Aliases -> New Alias
>
>     Name        =  WhateverYouCallYourAS/400
>     Driver      =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
>     URL         =  jdbc:as400://yourAS400DNSName_or_IPAddress/
>     User        =  TheUserYouWantToUseToConnect
>     Password    =  ThePasswordOfTheUser
>
> Click the "Properties" button and select "Specify Schema loading and caching". Then click "Connect
> database to refresh Schema table" and set all tables, views and procedures to "Dont't load". Otherwise
> Squirrell will load all and everything when it connects to your AS/400. Obviously that will take
> noticeable time. Finally set all tables, views and procedures you want to work with to "Load ...".
>
> The new alias will appear in the "Aliases Window".
>
> 4) Double-Click "WhateverYouCallYourAS/400" in the alias window to connect to your AS/400.
>
> I will send a screen shot with a sample configuration your e-mail address. That probably makes things
> easier.
>
> Thomas Raddatz.
>
> LightSquire@gmail.com schrieb:
> > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
> >
> > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
> >
> > Can anyone offer me some guidence?
> >
> > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shadow

Thomas,

Thank you so much, it works great!

I will keep these instructions.

Thanks
Shadow

Pat Barber wrote:
> You need to do a LOT of reading:
>
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/
>
> and start here:
>
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp
>

> LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.

Pat,

Thanks to you also,  its great to understand why you are doing a
particular task.

Shadow

US-TX-Austin: SQL Database Dev., SQL,SQL Analyzer and Profiler; (45349657602)
US-TX-Austin: SQL Database Dev., SQL,SQL Analyzer and Profiler; (45349657602) ============================================================================= Position: SQL Database Dev. Reference: ZYD00030 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: 3+ years experience as a Database Developer with significant SQL 2000 experience Must have the ability to develop, debug, test and troubleshoot queries,macros, and modules Experience and understanding of database design Proficient with SQL Query Analyzer, ...

Re: how do I access f77 libraries on linux (for lapack and blas)? #3
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Jan Vorbr=FCggen wrote: > > I suspect that the relevant F77 library is available for Linux and may > > even be installed on one of the machines in our department, I but have > > not been able to locate it. >=20 > AFAIK, that library comes with the Sun Fortran compiler, and the names of > the routines it contains are non-portable. You need to look at what the c= all > to that routine in the POP11 code actually does. Also, I believe f771 is = the > first pass of g77. That wouldn't help - the Pop-11 code doesn't call the...

Help! Access Violation on Accept Loop
Hi Ya'll; I have a problem that I just don't know where to look next. I have a program (hand coded) which in essense processes a survey form. The survey is completely created dynamically. Once the survey is completed, a set of demographics screens are displayed. The demographics screens are text controls, drop lists, and drop combos, again, all created dynamically. The program displays the survey, the survey is answered, the results are calculated and written to disk, the demographics are displayed, the demographics are written to disk, and finally the already tabulated results are d...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45302757603)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45302757603) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to gcameron@eurosoft-inc.com ..45302757603. ...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301758079)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301758079) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to jgoolsby@eurosoft-inc.com ..45301758079. ...

Re: SQL Delete with OLE DB
Lionel: Do the tables have any referential integrity constraints? S -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Teed, Lionel Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 11:46 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SQL Delete with OLE DB Fellow SAS-Listers. I have just upgraded to 9.2 and decided to use that occasion as an opportunity to update some of my regular monthly programs. One of the main programs reads some data from month end data files, massages the data a bit, and then exports it out to an MS Access database for report generation. In 9...

sql server 2005 express problem wtih {7twud62389sdksdk} the like
I'm installing sql server 2005 express distribution version on an Asus EEE PC with XP home OS, and doing installing and uninstalling several times, and each time, it generated some abitrariy directory like the subject one, which clustered my hard drive, but they not removable, the finish.rtf is undeletable, how come? Any way to remove them all? The odd thing is, installing it to a laptop with the same OS does not create such unremovable directory and files. Thanks. DL (tatata9999@gmail.com) writes: > I'm installing sql server 2005 express distribution version on an Asus > EE...

Solaris 8 accessing shared NT print queues
I have windows 2000 print queues with "Print Service for UNIX" enabled and SAP R/3 running on Solaris 8. I needs to setup printer devices on SAP side using access method L to access the windows 2000 print queues without creating a local queue on SAP solaris servers. I have several shared print queues and eleven SAP application servers so I am trying to avoid creating each print queue on each application servers. This would create big mess to manage. Is it possible to call lpr or other commands and just point to windows 2000 server and shared print queue name? Thanks! JM "...

sql integrity in ms-sql
(I've also posted this message in TURF: http://www.webinacan.com/turf/viewtopic.php?t=68) Hello, I'm kinda new to MS-SQL, maybe you could give me some directions. Environmet: Uniface 7.2.06, MS-SQL 2000 When generating sql inegrity scripts for MSS I've noticed Uniface does not use the integrity names you have defined in Application Model (when generating to ORA, it does). It uses names like ATABLE_TR_U for the update integrity trigger and ATABLE_TR_D for delete. Problem is: those names duplicate when you have an inter-model relationship. For example: tables A...

SQL Server DBI insert silently fails
Hi all I am having problems when trying to insert records using dbi-0.1.0 on Windows XP. I am using the ADO driver to connect to SQL Server, like so: connectString = "DBI:ADO:provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=10.0.0.1;User id=xxxx; password=xxxx;Initial Catalog=DevDB" I get rows == nil when I run this: qry = "insert into G2.dbo.Device (IPadress, SerialNumber, VehicleID, " + "SerialNumberB, Tag1, Tag2, FwVersion, HwVersion) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)" rows = @database.do(qry, device[:ip], device[:serial], device[:serial], device[:serial], 0, 0, 0...

Restoring SQL Views
Hi *ALL, Over the weekend our shop admin restored our training libraries from a tape backup of our production libraries. However, SQL views that had been created are still referencing the production physical files. The restore is done with a RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(PRODLIB) DEV(TAPE) ENDOPT(*REWIND) MBROPT(*ALL) RSTLIB(TRAINLIB). DDS logical files are fine. It appears the job description it was run under only contained the training libraries, not the production libraries. Can anyone out there shed some light on how SQL views are restored? Thanks in advance for any help...... It's easy t...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention t...

Re: PROC SQL
Perhaps what you want is a NATURAL JOIN. From the V. 9 online documentation: <quote> Natural Joins A natural join selects rows from two tables that have equal values in columns that share the same name and the same type. An error results if two columns have the same name but different types. If join-specification is omitted when specifying a natural join, then INNER is implied. If no like columns are found, then a cross join is performed. The following program demonstrates a natural inner join. proc sql; title 'Natural Inner Join'; select * from table1 natural join...

ppc kernel kernel access of bad area problem
when i load my kernel into ppc755 borad the exception raised. if you can help me about it thansk very much! board info ------------------------------------------------------------------ my board refer board: sandpoint X3 cpu:motolora ppc755 sdram: 512M ide disk:hitachi travelstar 40G serials baud: 115200 ram disk: 4m after uncompress serial console log info ------------------------------------------------------------------ name = eth, unit = 0 Attached TCP/IP interface to eth0. Attaching network interface lo0... done. Loading... Transfer file length is 2752512(0x2a0000...

Accessing the Data
I have been asked to 'get into' the data behind a Compiled Filemake 5.5 database. This is a VERY small database with <10 Suppliers, 100 Invoices and a few other related data tables. Any assistance would be appriciated. Export is unavailable from the File menu, and I cannot access the data within a Data Table. Roger Knowles Surrey, England By "Compiled" I assume you have a runtime, such as would be generated by FileMaker Developer. If what you have runs on its own without a copy of FileMaker Pro, and the several .fp5 files aren't visible, you have a runtime. I h...

Java/J2EE PA(Oracle,SQL,PL/SQL)
Title: Java/J2EE PA(Oracle,SQL,PL/ SQL)Ajax,JSP,Struts,Ibatis,Spring,Unix Skills: Java/J2EE Programmer,Oracle,SQL,PL/ SQL,Ajax,JSP,Struts,Ibatis,Spring Framework,Unix Shell Scripts,Oracle Apps Server 9iAS/10G a Plus,CVS,JUnit,ANT,Log4j,OSCache,Intellij Trinity Consultancy Services is seeking applications from qualified and experienced software engineers with above skills for various requirements with their Clients. Job description: Java Programmer Analyst (Strong Java/J2EE/JSP/Struts) Experience with Ajax/iBatis/Spring Framework, Excellent Oracle SQL/PL SQL Skills, ability to write complex qu...

Socket Error in DB2
Hi I have db2 database installed in a Solaris machine. I am now running a java program and trying to access the database. I use java:db2//servername:portname/databasename as the URL to connect to the database. I am using the db2java.zip file (net drivers) I get an exception when I try connecting to the database. COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][JDBC Driver] CLI0616E Error opening socket. SQLSTATE=08S01 Do I have to do something on the server so that the database can be accessed from outside. The username and password that I am using to connect to the database is not a us...

SQL- data transpose by SQL
How can we do it by SQL? Thanks.=0A=0Adata have;=0Ainput SUBJID=A0 DRG=A0 d= ay;=0Acards;=0A1001=A0=A0=A0=A0 100=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 228=0A1001=A0=A0=A0=A0 2= 00=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 982=0A1001=A0=A0=A0=A0 600=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 928=0A1002=A0= =A0=A0=A0 100=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 332=0A1002=A0=A0=A0=A0 200=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 313= =0A1002=A0=A0=A0=A0 600=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 132=0A;=0Arun;=0A=0Adata want;=0Asub= jid=A0=A0 _100=A0=A0=A0=A0 _200=A0=A0 _600 (can be other names, e.g. a100,a= 200,a600)=0A1001=A0=A0=A0=A0 228=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 982=A0=A0=A0 928=0A1002=A0= =A0=A0=A0 332=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 313=A0=A0=A0 132=0A=0A=0A=0A ...

Custom comparison operators in SQL
I'm trying to set up a database (preferably SQLite, but otherwise MySQL or postgresql) eferably containing software products, and one field I need is "version". My goal is to be able to do things like: SELECT title,version WHERE title='something' AND version<'something' and get everything I have that is older than a given version. But while each product has a self-consistent versioning scheme, version strings are nowhere near standardized between different products. (1.0.5, 1.4.0.2, 3.0.4a, 0.9rc1, 2004g.2a, etc.) I have an alogrithm I could co...

US-TX-San Antonio: Production Support Analyst; BMC Control-M, SQL, CA-7, OS 390; (45304032402)
US-TX-San Antonio: Production Support Analyst; BMC Control-M, SQL, CA-7, OS 390; (45304032402) ============================================================================================== Position: Production Support Analys Reference: SMC01413 Location: San Antonio TX Duration: C-P Skills: 3+yrs BMC Control-M job scheduling and product administration. Working knowledge of client-server and Internet infrastructure in a Microsoft Windows 2000 environment. Knowledge of server based applications and distributed systems. ...

Access 2003 missing the intranet or the website
Hi I have distributed an mdb file that works fine on my PC using Access 2003, but when a copy I sent to someone running Access2003 he gets the error message "missing the intranet or the website". This is driving me nuts. Could anyone please shed some light on what is causing this and any possible fixes. Very much appreciated. Thank you. Joe. Bugs <bugs007@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Hi > > I have distributed an mdb file that works fine on my PC using Access > 2003, but when a copy I sent to someone running Access2003 he gets > the error message "missin...

SQL Master
For those devotees who have discovered SQL Master has run out of date... sorry. I've been away in Brisbane a bit but will work on a replacement version today. Geoff ...

counting with dates using SQL problem
Hi SASperts, Can someone help me? In the program below I'm trying to count the number of instances of a_date where a_date is less than or equal to b_date. This is the result I get: id b_date a_date count 2 02JAN02 29FEB96 9 2 07MAY02 29FEB96 9 2 07JUN02 07JUN02 10 2 26NOV02 13DEC00 11 2 29NOV02 01NOV00 11 2 04DEC02 29AUG02 11 2 06DEC02 17AUG00 11 2 11DEC02 03JUL95 11 2 13DEC02 29AUG02 11 2 17JUN04 29AUG02 22 As you can see, the variable count is correct for every v...

US-OR: Beaverton-SQL Developer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is a regional job board serving all industries and occupations in the PA, NJ, DE, NY, MD, and DC areas. We offer a regional job board, online learning, and regional job fair events for jobseekers who live in our areas of focus. To Learn More: Job Board: http://www.JobCircle.com?source=ng eLearning: http://www.JobCircle.com/courseware?source=ng Job Fairs: http://JobCircleJobFairs.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: SQL Developer Job Locat...

US-CA: San Diego-Analyst/SQL Developer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is a regional job board serving all industries and occupations in the PA, NJ, DE, NY, MD, and DC areas. We offer a regional job board, online learning, and regional job fair events for jobseekers who live in our areas of focus. To Learn More: Job Board: http://www.JobCircle.com?source=ng eLearning: http://www.JobCircle.com/courseware?source=ng Job Fairs: http://JobCircleJobFairs.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Analyst/SQL Developer...