Sql Squirrel and iseries DB2 access

I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?

I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?

Can anyone offer me some guidence?

I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.

Thanks
Shadow

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9191 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
>
> I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
>
> Can anyone offer me some guidence?
>
> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
>
> Thanks
> Shadow

If I might humbly offer another option:  FROG for the IBM i5.  May not
have all the bells and whistles of Squirrel but it is geared to the i5.
 No JDBC required, only Client Access.

You can download at http://www.innovativesys.net

Jonas Temple

0
jtemple (209)
12/20/2006 2:52:36 PM
It looks interesting, thank you for the suggestion, but I was hoping to
also have a tool where I can directly change a cell of data.  I know I
can use interactive sql in FROG which is cool.

Thank you again

Jonas Temple wrote:
> LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
> >
> > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
> >
> > Can anyone offer me some guidence?
> >
> > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shadow
>
> If I might humbly offer another option:  FROG for the IBM i5.  May not
> have all the bells and whistles of Squirrel but it is geared to the i5.
>  No JDBC required, only Client Access.
>
> You can download at http://www.innovativesys.net
>
> Jonas Temple

the reference for squirrel sais where to add the driver package to the url,
I would recommend the toolbox driver (jtopen), the other stuff you don't
need, the url is jedbc:as400//myServer/defaultSchema the reference for
jtopen sais what parameters you could use for logon with the url, the name
of the driver class is com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver.
its working fine with squirrel and as400 and the toolbox driver, if you can
connect with odbc, otherwise you should adress another question.

dieter bender

LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:

> I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
>
> I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
>
> Can anyone offer me some guidence?
>
> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
>
> Thanks
> Shadow

iNavigator has a table (file) editor that allows you to edit cells
directly.

LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> It looks interesting, thank you for the suggestion, but I was hoping to
> also have a tool where I can directly change a cell of data.  I know I
> can use interactive sql in FROG which is cool.
>
> Thank you again
>

> Jonas Temple wrote:
> > LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> > > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> > > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> > > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
> > >
> > > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> > > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
> > >
> > > Can anyone offer me some guidence?
> > >
> > > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Shadow
> >
> > If I might humbly offer another option:  FROG for the IBM i5.  May not
> > have all the bells and whistles of Squirrel but it is geared to the i5.
> >  No JDBC required, only Client Access.
> >
> > You can download at http://www.innovativesys.net
> >
> > Jonas Temple

0
budimlic (202)
12/20/2006 8:49:51 PM
Please follow these steps to properly configure Squirrell:

1) Create a new driver.
    Driver -> New Driver

    Name        =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
    Sample URL  =  jdbc:as400://sampleServer.com/
    Website URL =  http://jt400.sourceforge.net/

The driver will appear in the "Driver Window" marked as available

2) Create an alias for your AS/400.
    Aliases -> New Alias

    Name        =  WhateverYouCallYourAS/400
    Driver      =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
    URL         =  jdbc:as400://yourAS400DNSName_or_IPAddress/
    User        =  TheUserYouWantToUseToConnect
    Password    =  ThePasswordOfTheUser

Click the "Properties" button and select "Specify Schema loading and caching". Then click "Connect
database to refresh Schema table" and set all tables, views and procedures to "Dont't load". Otherwise
Squirrell will load all and everything when it connects to your AS/400. Obviously that will take
noticeable time. Finally set all tables, views and procedures you want to work with to "Load ...".

The new alias will appear in the "Aliases Window".

4) Double-Click "WhateverYouCallYourAS/400" in the alias window to connect to your AS/400.

I will send a screen shot with a sample configuration your e-mail address. That probably makes things
easier.

Thomas Raddatz.

LightSquire@gmail.com schrieb:
> I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
>
> I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
>
> Can anyone offer me some guidence?
>
> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
>
> Thanks
> Shadow

You need to do a LOT of reading:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/

and start here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp

LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:

> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
0
mboceanside (111)
12/20/2006 9:12:32 PM
Thomas Raddatz wrote:
> Please follow these steps to properly configure Squirrell:
>
> 1) Create a new driver.
>     Driver -> New Driver
>
>     Name        =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
>     Sample URL  =  jdbc:as400://sampleServer.com/
>     Website URL =  http://jt400.sourceforge.net/
>
> The driver will appear in the "Driver Window" marked as available
>
> 2) Create an alias for your AS/400.
>     Aliases -> New Alias
>
>     Name        =  WhateverYouCallYourAS/400
>     Driver      =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
>     URL         =  jdbc:as400://yourAS400DNSName_or_IPAddress/
>     User        =  TheUserYouWantToUseToConnect
>     Password    =  ThePasswordOfTheUser
>
> Click the "Properties" button and select "Specify Schema loading and caching". Then click "Connect
> database to refresh Schema table" and set all tables, views and procedures to "Dont't load". Otherwise
> Squirrell will load all and everything when it connects to your AS/400. Obviously that will take
> noticeable time. Finally set all tables, views and procedures you want to work with to "Load ...".
>
> The new alias will appear in the "Aliases Window".
>
> 4) Double-Click "WhateverYouCallYourAS/400" in the alias window to connect to your AS/400.
>
> I will send a screen shot with a sample configuration your e-mail address. That probably makes things
> easier.
>
> Thomas Raddatz.
>
> LightSquire@gmail.com schrieb:
> > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
> >
> > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
> >
> > Can anyone offer me some guidence?
> >
> > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shadow

Thomas,

Thank you so much, it works great!

I will keep these instructions.

Thanks
Shadow

Pat Barber wrote:
> You need to do a LOT of reading:
>
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/
>
> and start here:
>
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp
>

> LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.

Pat,

Thanks to you also,  its great to understand why you are doing a
particular task.

Shadow

Date Functions in SQL for DB2 / AS400 / iSeries
Hi, I'm kinda new to AS400, having been lounging in SQL Server land for years. I'm writing SQL queries to generate data for a web app. How does one perform date difference 'arithmetic' against date columns? For example SELECT CURDATE() - "30 Days"? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. On 2 Apr., 06:22, "travo" <t...@prozacblues.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm kinda new to AS400, having been lounging in SQL Server land > for years. I'm writing SQL queries to generate data for a web app. How > does one perform date difference 'arithmetic' against date columns? > > For example > SELECT CURDATE() - "30 Days"? > > Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Hi, just remove the double qoutes! Select Current_Date - 30 Days >From SysIBM/SysDummy1 Birgitta > just remove the double qoutes! > Select Current_Date - 30 Days > Thanks Birgitta, the quotes were just to surround the plain language phrase that I had in place, sorry for the confusion - I did try your technique though - just to be sure - and unfortunately I had no luck. I did have more luck working with the JULIAN_DAY() function - it allowed me to perform some day-based arithmetic on the columns I was working with. I'm still open for suggestions, but for now I've got things working. Cheers, Travis > > just remove the double qoutes! > > Select Current_Date - 30 Days > > > > Thanks Birgitta, ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm running IBM iSeries Access V5R3 and my server is V5R2. When I don't specify a database, after the connection is open the database property is set to AS400REM. I don't know if this database is a real database specific to my company. ****************************************** Imports IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries Dim cn As New iDB2Connection Try TestConnection.ConnectionString = _ "DataSource=AS400;UserID=xxxx;Password=xxxx;Database=AMFLIB" TestConnection.Open() If TestConnection.State = ConnectionState.Open Then MsgBox("Database: " & TestConnection.Database) TestConnection.Close() End If Catch ex As Exception MsgBox(ex.Message) End Try ****************************************** Thanks to all Running higher version of ISERIES Access than the OS is probably not a good idea. Yanik Reid wrote: > When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm runn...

Help with JDBC and SQL Connecting to AS400 ISERIES and DB2
I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is? I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ? Can anyone offer me some guidence? I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc. Thanks Shadow LightSquire@gmail.com wrote: > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is? > > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ? > > Can anyone offer me some guidence? > > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc. > > Thanks > Shadow I...

Connecting DB2/400 through iSeries Access drivers or DB2 Connect, which one is more efficent?
Hi there, Does anyone know the efficient way to connect DB2/400? Through iSeries Access ODBC/OLEDB driver or DB2 Connect? Which one will more fast and efficent? Laurence I do a lot of performance analysis of various features of OS/400, and doubt you will find much difference. I have not bench tested these different approaches against each other, but I can tell you they share most of the important code. What I have found are numerous "opporunities" to hose up the settings, which have an impact on performance. I have not been impressed with the default settings these ship with. The default seetings I have worked with (most recently at V5R2 & V5R3) assume a batch style operation. I find most uses are more interactive in nature in that the database access tends to be interupted by key/think waits. Tuning applications interupted by key/think waits is a very different proposition than tuning batch work. In general, the iSeries Access ODBC driver is faster. The driver typically doesn't impact performance it's how well tuned the application and back-end database are that make the big difference. Laurence wrote: > Hi there, > > Does anyone know the efficient way to connect DB2/400? Through iSeries > Access ODBC/OLEDB driver or DB2 Connect? Which one will more fast and > efficent? > > Laurence > ...

Is IBM killing iSeries? Yes, IBM is the iSeries muderer!!!!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C4263B.65141F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IBM should know, it's just herself is killing iSeries/400. He invest = too much money in Webfacing, HATS, PASE, Web Access and RPG V .... but = how many users are planing to use them??? almost NONE! IBM should focus = on how to imporve the running time performance of Websphere on iSeries, = How let user can build java/web application as easy as SDA. AS/400 won = in 1988 because compare with the Unix, VAX/VMS and DOS, AS/400 is such = easy to be used to create application system. but now, Java on iSeries = is nightmare. Compare with Unix, Linux and Window platfrom. Websphere on = AS/400 has very low performance, It's very difficult to be install, Very = bad SQL/JDBC performance, to build application is as difficult as unix = and other open system, even more. Much expensive than unix, linux and = windows..... so Why user choose iSeries???? almost all my customer = complain as I said above everyday... Honestly If I was ordered to build = a web base application, I'd rather use Linux, but not OS/400! OS/400 can = not give me almost none benefit for Web Application! also AS/400 is not = a very good DB server too. Just wish I could install Linux and AIX on AS/400 box without the OS/400 = primary partition soon. And hope IBM sell the new box as cheaper as = pSeries (RS/6000).=...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

IBM.DATA.DB2.iSeries
Hello, I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone have some hint for me? Thank you for your help Hannes Here is the small code: string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; con=new iDB2Connection(); try { con.ConnectionString=connString; con.Open(); } catch(Exception excpt) { MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); } Check the following redbook: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246440.html?Open Hannes wrote: > Hello, > > I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to > do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open > the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering > the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone > have some hint for me? > > Thank you for your help > Hannes > > Here is the small code: > string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; > con=new iDB2Connection(); > try > { > con.ConnectionString=connString; > con.Open(); > } > catch(Exception excpt) > { > MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); > } > ...

Access iseries from PL/SQL
Hi everyone We have an iseries os/400 version 5.2 . How can we access DB/400 from PL/SQL? Apreciate any help. Levy Dror iSeries supports DRDA. Oracle supports this. I haven't done it, but you might try a Google search on DRDA PL/SQL. I turned up a number of hits. You also might try posting in the ibm.sortware.db2.os400 forum. Sam "Levy Dror" <levidror@netvision.net.il> wrote in message news:cngn31$nhn$1@news2.netvision.net.il... > Hi everyone > > We have an iseries os/400 version 5.2 . > How can we access DB/400 from PL/SQL? > Apreciate any help. > > Levy Dror > > Define an Oracle Hetrogeneous Connection to the AS/400. 1. Create an ODBC DSN pointing to the 400 on the Oracle server. 2. Create a configuration file for the gateway in ORACLE_HOME/hs/admin named init<SID>.ora (SID is whatever you will call this Oracle SID in your tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files. This relates your ODBC DSN to the Oracle SID. 3. Configure the tnsnames.ora file with the SID name defined above (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)) 4. Configure your listener.ora file with a new SID_LIST_LISTENER entry for your SID -- SID_NAME = yourNewSID, ORACLE_HOME = yourOracleHomeDirectory, PROGRAM = hsodbc. 5. Create a public database link. 6. Create oracle synonyms if desired. See Chapters 4 & 7 from Oracle Hetrogeneous Connectivity Administrator's Guide and Chapter 15 from Oracle Net Services Administrator'...

SQL scripts in iSeries Access
Hi all, We used to be able to access SQL scripts directly by running cwbundbs.exe from the iseries access install \shared directory. As of iSeries Access v5r3, this no longer appears to work. The cwbundbs program starts on the PC because it appears on the task list, but the screen never appears. Also of note, the SQL scripts can still be accessed via iSeries Navigator, but it is a lot more difficult if you just want to get in and run a simple SQL command. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ed Z. Winnipeg, Canada Ed, If you're interested you can download my FREE Windows based database tool for the iSeries called F.R.O.G. At the moment you can't run a series of SQL statements but I'm working on adding that in the future. FROG uses Client Access APIs and doesn't require you to start OpsNav. You can download at http://www.yhti.net/~jktemple/frog.htm. Jonas > Hi all, > > We used to be able to access SQL scripts directly by running > cwbundbs.exe from the iseries access install \shared directory. As of > iSeries Access v5r3, this no longer appears to work. The cwbundbs > program starts on the PC because it appears on the task list, but the > screen never appears. > > Also of note, the SQL scripts can still be accessed via iSeries > Navigator, but it is a lot more difficult if you just want to get in > and run a simple SQL command. > > Any help would be appreciated. > Thanks, > Ed Z. > Winnipeg, Canada...

Squirrel SQL Client with Access?
Hi I use access 2002 I want to use the squirrel sql client with it via the jdbc/odbc bridge. does anybody know the url i would use to point to the odbc driver I've setup for this database? (everything is on the same pc). If not, is there another recommended freeware sql front end that works with access? Thanks :) On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 08:02:25 -0700 (PDT), Broons Bane <newsgrouper@yahoo.com> wrote: How about SQL Server Express Edition from Microsoft? -Tom. >Hi I use access 2002 > >I want to use the squirrel sql client with it via the jdbc/odbc >bridge. does anybody know the url i would use to point to the odbc >driver I've setup for this database? (everything is on the same pc). > >If not, is there another recommended freeware sql front end that works >with access? > >Thanks :) "Broons Bane" <newsgrouper@yahoo.com> wrote > I want to use the squirrel sql client with it via the jdbc/odbc > bridge. does anybody know the url i would use to point to the odbc > driver I've setup for this database? (everything is on the same pc). > > If not, is there another recommended freeware sql front end that works > with access? As most of us here consider "Access" to be the front-end and/or development tool, and Jet or ACCDB or a server DB to be the DB engine (or "database"), we won't be all that familiar, in general, with other front-ends for Jet/ACCDB/and Server DBs. We are ...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

SQL-Export: Access --> Access
Hi! I was searching all the day for the solution of the following problem: I've got an Access2000 Database and Want to export the table-structures to SQL. I've found the tool access2sql, but it only generates MySQL or Firebird Syntax. But I need Access SQL Syntax, so I can import the script in Access again. thx. mfg, Vitali2000 I believe CompareLib, from KlikSoft, can do what you want http://www.kliksoft.com/?S=2&SS=10 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Vitali2000" <vitalivoroth@web.de> wrote in message news:eb18ebf4.0408200458.782c9057@posting.google.com... > Hi! > > I was searching all the day for the solution of the following problem: > I've got an Access2000 Database and Want to export the table-structures to SQL. > I've found the tool access2sql, but it only generates MySQL or Firebird Syntax. > But I need Access SQL Syntax, so I can import the script in Access again. > thx. > mfg, Vitali2000 Thank you, but I can't pay so much money for this tool. "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message news:<H%mVc.1826209$Ar.117374@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>... > I believe CompareLib, from KlikSoft, can do what you want > http://www.kliksoft.com/?S=2&SS=10 ...

SQL 2000, AS400 and Client Access
Anyone Anyone , please shed some light. We have upgraded our existing NT4, SQL 7 MIS server to a W2K, SQL 2K server On this I have install all the latests service packs for all applications. I am running Client Access v4r5 SP67276(latest). I have setup all users, permissions, logins, links, dsn's, etc. as per the old server. However, when I run a openquery in query analyser it pulls one line and the following error message: Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: [IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver (32-bit)]Driver not capable.] OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowset::GetNextRows returned 0x80004005: ]. I have changed the record blocking and other properties including a manual connection string in the linked server in sql. Nothing seems to work I am at a lose right now and would appriciate any input that I can try to resolve the problem as right now it's all not working. Does anyone know if this version of Client Access we using is infact capable of this on the new system? This is one product where we have lost v5 cd's for and would need to source them if there is a know issue with the current version Many Thanks! ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries for .NET
I need some trying to figure out what is happening on our AS/400. I am not an AS/400 programmer, but I am using ASP.NET (VB) and the IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries control for .NET to access our DB2 databases. The problem we seem to be having is after I am all done with my queries and I close out of everything there are still jobs (QZDAOSINIT?) sitting idle for my profile. My web application can hit our AS/400 hundreds of times at once depending on how many people are using the web application. At one point there were over a hundred QZDAOSINIT jobs with my user profile just sitting there idle. Why do those not close immediately after I disconnect from the database? Forgive if I am not getting the terminology correct. I am not really all that familar with the workings of the AS/400 and our AS/400 people are not all that familar with .NET Programming. So we're kind of stuck as to why these jobs are still running. Does any of this make any sense? Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Sincerely, Shannon maybe you may want to execute terminate statement once you are done with your processing db2 "terminate" (this one is for LUW... I don't know whats the equivalent for iseries.) This will close the server side process which was entertaining your requests. I don't recall precisely, but a look on num_poolagents might be related, i suggest you refer to the documentation for some info on that if thats the cul...

AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver
I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400. Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 - SQL system error". Can someone help me on this issue? Jean wrote: > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version > 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400. > Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error > "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 - > SQL system error". > > Can someone help me on this issue? > If the connection is successful, you may want to look at the job log on the server (iSeries), which often will contain more detailed information in the form of messages, if the failure is on the server. The server job will have a name of the form nnnnnn/QUSER/QZDASOINIT. On a 5250 ("green screen") command line after connecting from the client, try this to find the job: wrkactjob job(qzda*) Use option 5 (Work with), then option 10 (Display job log), then F10 (Display detailed messages). -- Karl Hanson Jean wrote: > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver&...

Accessing DB2 from SQL 2005 (OLEDB)
I've seen a number of posts from frustrated folks about this topic, with not much offered as a solution. I actually managed to get this to work today, so I thought I'd post for the benefit of the community. My team went through a number of puzzling errors in getting this work, like the CLI0150E (Driver not capable) error, and a variety of DB2OLEDB errors. None which were really indicative of the problem. Here's how I got a read/write connection to function between SQL 2005 and a DB2 UDB database on AIX (v8.2) 1) First I configured a UDL data source as described in this Microsoft article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/218590/ This created the resulting provider string: Here is the resulting provider string: [oledb] ; Everything after this line is an OLE DB initstring Provider=DB2OLEDB;User ID=<masked>;Password=<masked>;Initial Catalog=<MYDBNAME>;Network Transport Library=TCP;Host CCSID=37;PC Code Page=1252;Network Address=myserver.corp.something.org;Network Port=50000;Package Collection=<TABSCHEMA>;Default Schema=<TABSCHEMA>;Process Binary as Character=False;Units of Work=RUW;Default Qualifier=<TABSCHEMA>;DBMS Platform=DB2/6000;Defer Prepare=False;Persist Security Info=True;Connection Pooling=True;Derive Parameters=False; 2) Then I created the linked server in SQL 2005: /****** Object: LinkedServer [MYDB2LINKEDSERVER] Script Date: 01/18/2007 15:10:00 ******/ EXEC master.dbo.sp_ad...

Confuse about IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries
I use the dotnet provider of ISeries<iDB2Connection iDB2DataAdapter etc.>. During these days,I found out that if the column are fixed char,the result we get will be filled with blanks. Such as I defind the column "USERNAME" as char(10) ,if i store the "WILDFISH",what i get is "WILDFISH ". So, each time i wanna to compare the name will be "WILDFISH",I have to use trim() to delete the blanks. I was wondering that it's possible to use some setting to make the trim() as default.just as I got using OLEDB. Not sure about the iDB2 adapter setting but SQL itself has a TRIM function. Perhaps you can use an SQL view built on top of your table that has TRIM built into it? Or directly in your SQL query? If you run a query with WHERE username='WILDFISH', DB2 automatically handls the extra blanks on the end. The above predicate will find username values of 'WILDFISH','WILDFISH ', & 'WILDFISH '. wildfish wrote: > I use the dotnet provider of ISeries<iDB2Connection iDB2DataAdapter > etc.>. > During these days,I found out that if the column are fixed char,the > result we get will be filled with blanks. > Such as I defind the column "USERNAME" as char(10) ,if i store the > "WILDFISH",what i get is "WILDFISH ". > So, each time i wanna to compare the name will be "WILDFISH",I have to > use trim() to delete the blanks. > I was...

SQL 2000, AS400 and Client Access
Anyone Anyone , please shed some light. We have upgraded our existing NT4, SQL 7 MIS server to a W2K, SQL 2K server On this I have install all the latests service packs for all applications. I am running Client Access v4r5 SP67276(latest). I have setup all users, permissions, logins, links, dsn's, etc. as per the old server. However, when I run a openquery in query analyser it pulls one line and the following error message: Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: [IBM][Client Access Ex...

Iseries/AS400 access to external databases
We have most of our data on Iseries and have that data accessible to external clients via ODBC, service programs, etc. However in some cases we have external data that is being used and maintained either in Microsoft Access Databases, MS-SQL servers, (I guess Oracle and MySQL might be other sources but not in our case). Is there any way to set up the Iseries so that it can treat that (external windows database) data as though it were local, in the same way that an external client can treat the AS400/Iseries data as though it were local. I have not seen the description or setup information for such a connection. It is sort of the opposite of what we normally need to do, but such an ability could prove very useful to us. Maybe I am missing something obvious. dwise wrote: > We have most of our data on Iseries and have that data accessible to > external clients via ODBC, service programs, etc. > > However in some cases we have external data that is being used and > maintained either in Microsoft Access Databases, MS-SQL servers, (I > guess Oracle and MySQL might be other sources but not in our case). > > Is there any way to set up the Iseries so that it can treat that > (external windows database) data as though it were local, in the same > way that an external client can treat the AS400/Iseries data as though > it were local. It is the responsibility of the database vendor to supply drivers for access. So, IBM supplies drivers for you...

Web resources about - Sql Squirrel and iseries DB2 access - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Squirrel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Squirrels belong to family Sciuridae of small or medium-size rodents . The family includes tree squirrels , ground squirrels , chipmunks , marmots ...

Banff Squirrel (@Banff_Squirrel) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Banff Squirrel @ Banff_Squirrel ...

Recruiting Purple Squirrels? Here's the Trick.
... do this from the male perspective just for demonstration purposes.) You really like her. She’s smart, pretty, fun Recruiting Purple Squirrels? ...

App Store - PopOut! The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin - Universal
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about PopOut! The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin - Universal on the App Store. Download ...

Perth Zoo welcomes endangered golden lion tamarins, Bolivian squirrel monkeys and coatis
PERTH Zoo is now making room for critically endangered monkeys from South America after already becoming home to African, Asian and Australian ...

Video: Adorable squirrel delays third T20 clash between Australia and South Africa
Australia may have won their Twenty20 series with South Africa on Thursday morning, but it was a squirrel that won the hearts of the Newlands ...

Government warns Perth 'squirrel circle' residents to keep watch on backyards
Residents within a 30-kilometre radius of Perth Zoo are asked to watch out for squirrels, not because they are cute, but because they are an ...

BAHFest London: Hard science collides with fake theories on Trump and squirrels
The Festival of Bad ad Hoc Hypotheses is hilariously nerdy even if bloody useless.

watch Kurt Vile as a very mellow squirrel on HBO's 'Animals'
HBO's new animated series Animals was created by Mark &amp; Jay Duplass (Togetherness, Baghead, The Puffy Chair) which is very much in the Duplass ...

You’re not nuts. Those squirrels are huge.
They could be running a marathon a day, but they just can’t keep the weight off.It’s nuts.That could be a big reason why your backyard squirrel ...