Sql Squirrel and iseries DB2 access

  • Permalink
  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow


I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?

I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?

Can anyone offer me some guidence?

I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.

Thanks
Shadow

0
Reply LightSquire (4) 12/20/2006 2:19:38 PM

See related articles to this posting


LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
>
> I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
>
> Can anyone offer me some guidence?
>
> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
>
> Thanks
> Shadow

If I might humbly offer another option:  FROG for the IBM i5.  May not
have all the bells and whistles of Squirrel but it is geared to the i5.
 No JDBC required, only Client Access.

You can download at http://www.innovativesys.net

Jonas Temple

0
Reply jtemple (209) 12/20/2006 2:52:36 PM

It looks interesting, thank you for the suggestion, but I was hoping to
also have a tool where I can directly change a cell of data.  I know I
can use interactive sql in FROG which is cool.

Thank you again



Jonas Temple wrote:
> LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
> >
> > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
> >
> > Can anyone offer me some guidence?
> >
> > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shadow
>
> If I might humbly offer another option:  FROG for the IBM i5.  May not
> have all the bells and whistles of Squirrel but it is geared to the i5.
>  No JDBC required, only Client Access.
> 
> You can download at http://www.innovativesys.net
> 
> Jonas Temple

0
Reply LightSquire (4) 12/20/2006 4:31:13 PM

Hi,

the reference for squirrel sais where to add the driver package to the url,
I would recommend the toolbox driver (jtopen), the other stuff you don't
need, the url is jedbc:as400//myServer/defaultSchema the reference for
jtopen sais what parameters you could use for logon with the url, the name
of the driver class is com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver.
its working fine with squirrel and as400 and the toolbox driver, if you can
connect with odbc, otherwise you should adress another question.

dieter bender

LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:

> I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
> 
> I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
> 
> Can anyone offer me some guidence?
> 
> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
> 
> Thanks
> Shadow

0
Reply dieter.bender (326) 12/20/2006 7:28:46 PM

iNavigator has a table (file) editor that allows you to edit cells
directly.


LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> It looks interesting, thank you for the suggestion, but I was hoping to
> also have a tool where I can directly change a cell of data.  I know I
> can use interactive sql in FROG which is cool.
>
> Thank you again
>
>
>
> Jonas Temple wrote:
> > LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> > > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> > > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> > > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
> > >
> > > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> > > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
> > >
> > > Can anyone offer me some guidence?
> > >
> > > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Shadow
> >
> > If I might humbly offer another option:  FROG for the IBM i5.  May not
> > have all the bells and whistles of Squirrel but it is geared to the i5.
> >  No JDBC required, only Client Access.
> >
> > You can download at http://www.innovativesys.net
> > 
> > Jonas Temple

0
Reply budimlic (202) 12/20/2006 8:49:51 PM

Please follow these steps to properly configure Squirrell:

1) Create a new driver.
    Driver -> New Driver

    Name        =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
    Sample URL  =  jdbc:as400://sampleServer.com/
    Website URL =  http://jt400.sourceforge.net/

The driver will appear in the "Driver Window" marked as available

2) Create an alias for your AS/400.
    Aliases -> New Alias

    Name        =  WhateverYouCallYourAS/400
    Driver      =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
    URL         =  jdbc:as400://yourAS400DNSName_or_IPAddress/
    User        =  TheUserYouWantToUseToConnect
    Password    =  ThePasswordOfTheUser

Click the "Properties" button and select "Specify Schema loading and caching". Then click "Connect 
database to refresh Schema table" and set all tables, views and procedures to "Dont't load". Otherwise 
Squirrell will load all and everything when it connects to your AS/400. Obviously that will take 
noticeable time. Finally set all tables, views and procedures you want to work with to "Load ...".

The new alias will appear in the "Aliases Window".

4) Double-Click "WhateverYouCallYourAS/400" in the alias window to connect to your AS/400.

I will send a screen shot with a sample configuration your e-mail address. That probably makes things 
easier.

Thomas Raddatz.

LightSquire@gmail.com schrieb:
> I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
> 
> I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
> 
> Can anyone offer me some guidence?
> 
> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
> 
> Thanks
> Shadow
> 
0
Reply thomas.raddatz (134) 12/20/2006 8:54:23 PM

You need to do a LOT of reading:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/

and start here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp




LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:


> I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
0
Reply mboceanside (111) 12/20/2006 9:12:32 PM

Thomas Raddatz wrote:
> Please follow these steps to properly configure Squirrell:
>
> 1) Create a new driver.
>     Driver -> New Driver
>
>     Name        =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
>     Sample URL  =  jdbc:as400://sampleServer.com/
>     Website URL =  http://jt400.sourceforge.net/
>
> The driver will appear in the "Driver Window" marked as available
>
> 2) Create an alias for your AS/400.
>     Aliases -> New Alias
>
>     Name        =  WhateverYouCallYourAS/400
>     Driver      =  "IBM AS/400 JDBC Driver"
>     URL         =  jdbc:as400://yourAS400DNSName_or_IPAddress/
>     User        =  TheUserYouWantToUseToConnect
>     Password    =  ThePasswordOfTheUser
>
> Click the "Properties" button and select "Specify Schema loading and caching". Then click "Connect
> database to refresh Schema table" and set all tables, views and procedures to "Dont't load". Otherwise
> Squirrell will load all and everything when it connects to your AS/400. Obviously that will take
> noticeable time. Finally set all tables, views and procedures you want to work with to "Load ...".
>
> The new alias will appear in the "Aliases Window".
>
> 4) Double-Click "WhateverYouCallYourAS/400" in the alias window to connect to your AS/400.
>
> I will send a screen shot with a sample configuration your e-mail address. That probably makes things
> easier.
>
> Thomas Raddatz.
>
> LightSquire@gmail.com schrieb:
> > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get
> > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to
> > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being
> > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is?
> >
> > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or
> > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ?
> >
> > Can anyone offer me some guidence?
> >
> > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shadow
> >
Thomas,

Thank you so much, it works great!

I will keep these instructions.

Thanks
Shadow

0
Reply LightSquire (4) 12/20/2006 9:22:59 PM

Pat Barber wrote:
> You need to do a LOT of reading:
>
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/
>
> and start here:
>
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp
>
>
>
>
> LightSquire@gmail.com wrote:
>
>
> > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to
> > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of
> > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc.

Pat,

Thanks to you also,  its great to understand why you are doing a
particular task.

Shadow

0
Reply LightSquire (4) 12/20/2006 9:25:07 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9040 articles. 12 followers. Post

8 Replies
371 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 26


  • Permalink
  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow


Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Connecting DB2/400 through iSeries Access drivers or DB2 Connect, which one is more efficent?
Hi there, Does anyone know the efficient way to connect DB2/400? Through iSeries Access ODBC/OLEDB driver or DB2 Connect? Which one will more fast and efficent? Laurence I do a lot of performance analysis of various features of OS/400, and doubt you will find much difference. I have not bench tested these different approaches against each other, but I can tell you they share most of the important code. What I have found are numerous "opporunities" to hose up the settings, which have an impact on performance. I have not been impressed with the default settings these ship with. T...

Connecting DB2/400 through iSeries Access drivers or DB2 Connect, which's more efficent?
Hi there, Does somebody know the efficent way to connect DB2/400? Through iSeries Access ODBC/OLEDB driver or DB2 Connect? Which will more fast and efficent? In addition, does DB2 Connect use APPC over TCP/IP protocol? Or SNA protocol? Thanks in advance~ Anyone knows? Laurence Laurence wrote: > Anyone knows? > > Laurence > Most connections nowdays between either DB2 Connect client or iSeries Access client and DB2 UDB for iSeries server are TCP/IP. You can use APPC for DB2 Connect if you like. DB2 Connect flows DRDA datastream while iSeries ...

SQL scripts in iSeries Access
Hi all, We used to be able to access SQL scripts directly by running cwbundbs.exe from the iseries access install \shared directory. As of iSeries Access v5r3, this no longer appears to work. The cwbundbs program starts on the PC because it appears on the task list, but the screen never appears. Also of note, the SQL scripts can still be accessed via iSeries Navigator, but it is a lot more difficult if you just want to get in and run a simple SQL command. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ed Z. Winnipeg, Canada Ed, If you're interested you can download my FREE Windows based data...

Access iseries from PL/SQL
Hi everyone We have an iseries os/400 version 5.2 . How can we access DB/400 from PL/SQL? Apreciate any help. Levy Dror iSeries supports DRDA. Oracle supports this. I haven't done it, but you might try a Google search on DRDA PL/SQL. I turned up a number of hits. You also might try posting in the ibm.sortware.db2.os400 forum. Sam "Levy Dror" <levidror@netvision.net.il> wrote in message news:cngn31$nhn$1@news2.netvision.net.il... > Hi everyone > > We have an iseries os/400 version 5.2 . > How can we access DB/400 from PL/SQL? > Apreciate any help....

Squirrel SQL Client with Access?
Hi I use access 2002 I want to use the squirrel sql client with it via the jdbc/odbc bridge. does anybody know the url i would use to point to the odbc driver I've setup for this database? (everything is on the same pc). If not, is there another recommended freeware sql front end that works with access? Thanks :) On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 08:02:25 -0700 (PDT), Broons Bane <newsgrouper@yahoo.com> wrote: How about SQL Server Express Edition from Microsoft? -Tom. >Hi I use access 2002 > >I want to use the squirrel sql client with it via the jdbc/odbc >bridge. does anybody k...

Access form DB2 to SQL server
Hallo iSeries gurus, are there any native AS/400 tools to access (and write/update) e.g. MySQL database files from DB2 database files ? Thanks very much. Miki Hi Miki, one way would be java, there is a little java based tool on my (german) open source site www.bender-dv.de Dieter Bender Miki wrote: > Hallo iSeries gurus, > > are there any native AS/400 tools to access (and write/update) e.g. > MySQL database files from DB2 database files ? Thanks very much. > > Miki You can also have a look at Aura's LAUNCHER SQL solution.... http://www.easycom-aura.com/us/la...

Accessing DB2 from SQL 2005 (OLEDB)
I've seen a number of posts from frustrated folks about this topic, with not much offered as a solution. I actually managed to get this to work today, so I thought I'd post for the benefit of the community. My team went through a number of puzzling errors in getting this work, like the CLI0150E (Driver not capable) error, and a variety of DB2OLEDB errors. None which were really indicative of the problem. Here's how I got a read/write connection to function between SQL 2005 and a DB2 UDB database on AIX (v8.2) 1) First I configured a UDL data source as described...

Date Functions in SQL for DB2 / AS400 / iSeries
Hi, I'm kinda new to AS400, having been lounging in SQL Server land for years. I'm writing SQL queries to generate data for a web app. How does one perform date difference 'arithmetic' against date columns? For example SELECT CURDATE() - "30 Days"? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. On 2 Apr., 06:22, "travo" <t...@prozacblues.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm kinda new to AS400, having been lounging in SQL Server land > for years. I'm writing SQL queries to generate data for a web app. How > does one perform date difference 'arithmetic...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm running IBM iSeries Acc...

Wich is the more efficient , ISeries client Access or DB2 Connect
Hi, I do not know if it's the right place to get this kind of information: I wich to know what is the difference between these two . Is there one more efficient than the other one or is it just the packaging that change (add-in for Visual studio for example)? I heard something like DB2 connect got a heavier proccessor usage than ISeries Client access. Thanks for answer and sorry for my english bye I just add some more information of my environment: Goals aimed: [A] I have to develop a 3tiers, webapplication in C#, [B] Analyse technologies to create a data warehouse in MS SQL Ser...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm runn...

access pseries DB2 from iseries using COBOL and RPG
Please point me in the right direction for being able to do this. Thanks For an IBM Solution, you would want WebSphere Information Integrator running on the pSeries server and then have the RPG or COBOL apps. You can find more details in the "Heterogeneous data access" white paper at: ibm.com/servers/enable/site/education/ibo/view.html?wp#db2 -- Kent Milligan, DB2 & BI team PartnerWorld for Developers, iSeries kmill@us.eye-bee-m.com (spam trick) GO HAWKEYES!! >>> www.iseries.ibm.com/db2 (opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer) ...

Help with JDBC and SQL Connecting to AS400 ISERIES and DB2
I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is? I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ? Can anyone offer me some guidence? I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful ...

Access DB2/400 using PROC SQL in OS/390
Hi, Is there anybody out there accessing DB2/400 tables using PROC SQL in the OS/390 environment? Could you please give me examples on how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance! Erick ...

DB2/UDB on iSeries (AS/400 V5R2)
Hi folks: We have a script containing DDL statements to create tables and indexes, etc. On DB2 for Unix, I'd do a "db2 -tvf script_name.sql -z logfile_name.log", but I don't think that works on the iSeries. I've found in the docs that you can run DDL scripts from a client application called "iSeries Navigator". I was wondering if there's an easier way. If I just FTP the script physically onto the host, then how can I run it? (I used to program on AS/400's, and there was a strsql command to start a SQL command line, but I don't recall a...

iSeries DB2/UDB V5R4
Hey folks: I'm trying to do this: CREATE TRIGGER datawhse.emp_ti AFTER INSERT ON emp REFERENCING NEW AS n FOR EACH ROW MODE DB2ROW BEGIN DECLARE v_rrn DECIMAL(15,0); SET v_rrn = n.RRN(datawhse.emp); CALL UPDATE_CHGQUEUE('EMP', v_rrn, 'I'); END Here's the error message I get on creation: SQL5001 - Column qualifier or table EMP undefined. It's complaining about this line: SET v_rrn = n.RRN(datawhse.emp); If I reference n.empnum or n.empname, there is no error. It only happens when trying to do a correlated reference on t...

Access iSeries DB2 via Linux client using PDO?
Is it possible for a Linux machine connecting to iSeries DB2 on an AS/400 to obtain data via PDO? Or is ODBC the only option? -- Rhino On 08.02.13 15:09 , Rhino wrote: > Is it possible for a Linux machine connecting to iSeries DB2 on an AS/400 to > obtain data via PDO? Or is ODBC the only option? Yes, you can, but you need DB2 Connect. -- Helmut K. C. Tessarek DB2 Performance and Development IBM Toronto Lab On 2013-02-08 15:50, Helmut Tessarek wrote: > Yes, you can, but you need DB2 Connect. > > -- Helmut K. C. Tessarek DB2 Performance and Development I...

New iSeries
Hi Everyone, Just got a new iSeries machine running V5R3. I am a newbie trying to setup access for about 4 or 5 employees here. We have a very simple need for this machine - DB2 database testing against our own query software. The challenge for me is getting the user accounts set up in such a way that we can all create tables that are accessible by everyone else. Here's what I have been able to do so far: 1) In iSeries Navigator, using the SECOFR account, I created a group called DB2USERS 2) I then created my first standard user account, BMANN and made him a member of the DB2USERS gr...

V5R2 DB2/UDB iSeries: can a system trigger call a SQL stored proc?
I've created a system or external trigger on an AS/400 file a.k.a DB2 table. (Note this is an external trigger defined with the ADDPFTRG CL command, not a SQL trigger defined with the CREATE TRIGGER statement.) I've also defined a SQL stored proc, and the trigger is set to call this SP. I've posted the simplified source below. I can manually call the stored proc, and the external trigger is created without any errors. However, when I do an insert into the table in question, the trigger returns an error (posted below). I believe my problem is either 1) I'm not accept...

Error inserting into iSeries DB2 table with long name via SQL Server 2000 linked Server
I have a IBM iSeries (aka AS-400) running v5r3 of OS/400 that I access via a linked server from SQL Server 2000. The following select works fine: select * from prod400db.test.meldbf.InventoryHistory However, this insert statement fails: insert into prod400db.TEST.MELDBF.InventoryHistory (plantId, itemnumber, transactionType, transactionQty, fromStockRoom, fromStatusCode, fromBinLocation, toStockRoom, toStatusCode, toBinLocation, transactionReason, transactionSourceSystem) values ('100','CMW21','R',11, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'WIP',' ', NULL,'...

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the d...

SQL-Export: Access --> Access
Hi! I was searching all the day for the solution of the following problem: I've got an Access2000 Database and Want to export the table-structures to SQL. I've found the tool access2sql, but it only generates MySQL or Firebird Syntax. But I need Access SQL Syntax, so I can import the script in Access again. thx. mfg, Vitali2000 I believe CompareLib, from KlikSoft, can do what you want http://www.kliksoft.com/?S=2&SS=10 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Vitali2000" <vitalivoroth@web.de> wrote in message news:eb1...

Rebuilding SQL code from MS Access SQL to SAS/SQL VS Salvaging the code to SAS/SQL.
Hello SAS'ites, I have a MS access application which generates a/some reports using some operations in SQL/DATABASE. I am being requested to recode the whole thing using SAS/SQL probably to extract some statistical info out of it (My guess). So my question is, should I rebuilt the whole code or should I cut/ paste and tweak the code into SAS/SQL to generate the same dataset? If anyone of you have worked on any operation like this shoot me your advice/ thoughts. Thanks in advance. Makwana I think there is no standard answer to the type of question. It depends on your local situation....

DB2 9.5 SQL Procedure Developer exam 735 prep, Part 2: DB2 SQL Procedures
Hi folks, I am interesting in this DB2 9.5 prep for new certification exam, but I get this from DeveloperWorks: The link which brought you here is invalid. Please reload the previous page and try again. message code: 57e Can this be fixed ? Regards, JM I can now sign in ... and get : "Error 404: SRVE0190E: File not found: /web/reg/www.ibm.com/developerworks" "Jean-Marc Blaise" <jmblaise@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:48ee5e93$0$22717$426a74cc@news.free.fr... > Hi folks, > > I am interesting in this DB2 9.5 prep...