Transfer files from S36 to AS400

I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400
side so I can access the files using client access from a PC.

A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two
files.  That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the
files accessible to client access using EDITNRD.

What does EDITNRD do?  From this group, I can see that it edits a NRD
that tells how to copy files from the S36 side to the AS400 side.  But
it sounds like it just defines the mapping.  And then another command
nees to be run to copy the data file using the mapping.  Using a
COPYDATA command?

So it sounds like one step is that I need to use EDITNRD to define two
entries: one for each file.

But is there another step to say to actually copy the files using the
mappings?

I should be able to tell what to put in the entries since they already
have several entries set up.

When I run client access file transfer from a PC, I see that only files
defined through NRD are visible.  So I see that I can't get access to
all S 36 files automatically and must set up NRD to get to them.

Thanks for any help.

charliestrause@yahoo.com wrote:
> I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400
> side so I can access the files using client access from a PC.
>
> A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two
> files.  That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the
> files accessible to client access using EDITNRD.
>
> What does EDITNRD do?  From this group, I can see that it edits a NRD
> that tells how to copy files from the S36 side to the AS400 side.  But
> it sounds like it just defines the mapping.  And then another command
> nees to be run to copy the data file using the mapping.  Using a
> COPYDATA command?
>
> So it sounds like one step is that I need to use EDITNRD to define two
> entries: one for each file.
>
> But is there another step to say to actually copy the files using the
> mappings?
>
> I should be able to tell what to put in the entries since they already
> have several entries set up.
>
> When I run client access file transfer from a PC, I see that only files
> defined through NRD are visible.  So I see that I can't get access to
> all S 36 files automatically and must set up NRD to get to them.
>
> Thanks for any help.

if you have iLAN setup then all you need to do is create a DDM file
over it on the AS/400 side.  Then either do a map drop to the AS/400
file or write a program that edits the flat file and writes it to a
database.

0
kai.media (8)

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

Files transfer to and from test site to as400
Hi, I am new to as400 and started working on it. Cud u let me know how to do File transfers to and from our test site to our test AS400. When i tried that it is not working . Test site says Your FTP password was disabled. Regards, N Roy Log on to the testsite as secoft and enter at the command prompt: WRKUSRPRF Then select your account for change (selection 2) and set it to *enabled. Regards Hannes ...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

IBM AS400

Transfering files form AS400 to PC in batch mode. (cwbcfg?)
I am running a series of VBA/VB scripts using excel to convert AS400 spool files to pretty looking PDF stuff when I am not here at work. The Visual Basic Script was written to loggin to the AS400 by using cwbcfg and then calling an intance of Client access file transfer from AS400 to PC. This would run on my PC at night via the task scheduler. I works like this: 1. Windows task scheduler invokes my VB script. 2. VB script launches a .bat file that sets permissions using the CWBCFG command 3. VB script opens presaved file transfer from AS400 to the PC via client access. 4. VB script opens excel 5. Excel has Vb scipt in it to manipulate the data and make it "pretty" 6. Excel prints the file in pdf. 7. VB scipt moves the pdf file to our intranet. 8. program is complete. Now for what ever reason the data file transfer is not happening. I have tried like mad to use different combinations of the cwbcfg command and settings to get this to work only to come up empty handed. Anybody have any idea on how to make this work again? Thanks! Chad use rfrompcb to retrieve the files, not cwbcfg. You could also put an ftp server on the pc (cerberus is free and very good) and have the as400 put the files down onto the pc chad.thomsen@gmail.com wrote: > I am running a series of VBA/VB scripts using excel to convert AS400 > spool files to pretty looking PDF stuff when I am not here at work. > The Visual Basic Script was written to loggin to the AS400 by using &g...

Whats the name of client Access Express's API who transfer files between PC- AS400
Hello friends, Thanks for helping me out in my NetServer problems. Now i have some queries regarding client Access Express's APIs. 1... I want to know the exact name of client Access Express API that does the file transfer from PC to AS400 and vice versa. I want to transfer programmingly AFP resources from PC to AS400 through client Access Express transfer routines. 2... Can Client Access Express Transfer routines also transfer AFP resources as, apprarently from client Access's transfer utility's UI, we can only transfer database files. As before, yr kind suggestions would be very helpful for a person like me who is new in AS400 world. Thanks in advance for yr concern and help. kind regards, Umer Umer, As far as quesion 1, you can use the SendFile/ReceiveFile APIs from CA Express. You can find the documentation for these routines in the Express Toolkit under Emulation/C++. The routines are defined in include file eclxfer.hpp. Don't know about question 2, though. HTH, Jonas Temple umer_ejaz@hotmail.com (Umer) wrote in message news:<f468322f.0310300256.d810dd8@posting.google.com>... > Hello friends, > Thanks for helping me out in my NetServer problems. Now i have > some queries regarding client Access Express's APIs. > 1... I want to know the exact name of client Access Express API that > does the file transfer from PC to AS400 and vice versa. I want to > transfer programmingly AFP resources from PC to AS400 throu...

Send Spool file AS400 to Text PC file
I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC. Thanks You need to use CPYSPLF to a database file and after CPYTOIMPF and after FTP - if you use iSeries Navigator (it's free) you just need to copy the spool file on your PC local drive enjoy it. "Fouad LFN" <Fouad.lfn@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: e0d92946.0503220924.5cc1ce23@posting.google.com... >I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC. > Thanks Run CPYSPLF to convert the spool file to a flat file. Then use CPYTOSTMF to save it in the IFS. If you save the file to a part of the IFS which has a share then the users will be able to see the file from Windows Network Places/Network Neighborhood. If you have Netserver set up correctly on the iSeries then you could specify the destination of the stream file to be a share on one of your Windows machines. See my article for more about this at: http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/nodeuk/ukarchive/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewarticle&CO_ContentID=18919 Glenn Hi, If you are looking for a more comprehesive commercial software solution, RPM Select from Brooks Internet Software (www.brooksnet.com) has a very good, easy to use, GUI based interface that could manage your spool files. Many of my customers use it in conjucntion with my Document processing, OctoTools software, to bring text and report info from the AS/400 to a PC for further processing. Thanks, Larry T. You could just use opsnav & drag the sp...

Help. Old AS400 file, (collection of files and folders), but unsure of the format
Ok, AS400 experts. I had a mystery on my hands I'm hoping someone can shed some light on. I have an old file (1999), which is suppose to be a collection of files and or folders. There is no extension on the file. I've tried adding the popular extensions like, zip, tar, tar.gz, gz, but all fail to open the file. Was there a builtin utility that would turn a folder and or files into a single file? It may or may not have compression. Like I said, I'm not sure since there's no extension. Also, I am a complete noob to AS400. Never touched one, don't have access to on...

AS400 file redirect
Hi all, quick question. Is it possible on an as/400 to create a new library and then create a database in that library that is actually linked to another library through a redirect of some kind. The new db would almost be acting as middleware. Thanks, Ken Ken wrote: > Hi all, > > quick question. Is it possible on an as/400 to create a new library and > then create a database in that library that is actually linked to another > library through a redirect of some kind. The new db would almost be acting > as middleware. > > Thanks, > Ken > > > What problem are you trying to solve? Assuming you mean a physical file (database table) when you say database, and you are attempting to redirect LIBRARY1/FILE1 to LIBRARY2/FILE2, A logical file would fit your description, but I am confused as to why you would want to do this. Carl. Thanks for the response. The issue is with the UPS (United Parcel Service) software which provides ODBC connectivity. Sadly it trys to read every description of every data file in the given library. This takes literally 10+ minutes. The idea was to create a second library with a table in it that only has the necessary fields from the customer database. The other issue is that one of the field names has a "#" in it, and the UPS software doesn't like this at all. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ken "Carl" <cag_ng@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:NOkDd.7854$yV...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

S36-AS400 problem
Was doing some snooping on archived posts from the midrange group. Came up with this thread relating to a problem some of my clients are having. Did anyone ever get the appropriate PTF reference? The thread ends without giving the reference.One client is on V3R7, the rest are on V4R3 Brian Jerome Draper wrote:>> Anybody come up with the mentioned PTF reference.>> My S36 program prints one spool item for each PO (why? who knows?). When I> print them to P4, a S36 printer on stop, they all end up in the S36 spool as> completed reports. When I print them to P9, a "mapped" S36 printer, they> whoosh to the "mapped" outq on the AS400. Interesting is that the first> whatever number of PO's get stuck in "OPN" status and the last and final PO> always prints fine. The "OPN" PO's are stuck at 0 pages forever. The> workaround is to print them to P4 and then do a CHANGE ID,P9,P4 to whoosh> them to the outq on the AS400 side where the print perfectly.>> Jerry> what is the ptf level on the box? both os/400 and ssp levels. joe leblanc www.michsoft.com The 36 box is DK7517. How do I find the level on OS400? I went to GO PTF and chose to Display ptf but just get all the individual ptf's. Brian "JHL" <jhl@michsoft.com> wrote in message news:1123296668.571962.38040@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > what is the ptf level on the box? both os/400 and ssp...

S36 Timer
I am trying to figure out, on the AS400 V4.4, a way to make workstation programs automatically emulate the operator hitting the enter key after a user specified time period of inactivity. On the S36, in RGPII, I could output to the workstation file a timer value using a special format name (TIMER$ I think). I am working in RPG400. If anyone has any ideas please respond. I "think" you can do this with the WAITRCD parameter on the CRTDSPF command. You can set this to say, 60, and after 60 seconds your program would gain control again. You can also use data queues to achieve the same thing but it's a little more complex. HTH, Jonas gtgo...@gmail.com wrote: > I am trying to figure out, on the AS400 V4.4, a way to make workstation > programs automatically emulate the operator hitting the enter key after > a user specified time period of inactivity. On the S36, in RGPII, I > could output to the workstation file a timer value using a special > format name (TIMER$ I think). I am working in RPG400. If anyone has > any ideas please respond. gtgomez@gmail.com wrote: > I am trying to figure out, on the AS400 V4.4, a way to make workstation > programs automatically emulate the operator hitting the enter key after > a user specified time period of inactivity. On the S36, in RGPII, I > could output to the workstation file a timer value using a special > format name (TIMER$ I think). I am working in RPG400. If anyone has > any ...

S36 To AS400 Conversion
Anyone have any cheat sheet notes on doing one of these conversions. What release are you going to? Migrating to S/36 environment on a current release or restoring a S/36 machine onto an older release? V5R3 of I5/OS, I have the system value set to *S36. The system is a S36. i5guy wrote: > What release are you going to? Migrating to S/36 environment on a > current release or restoring a S/36 machine onto an older release? few points off top of my head. ocl will run in s36 environment, mostly unchanged. some statements have to be changed, some will be ignored. all source must be recompiled. rpg ii, menus, msg files, etc. assemble routines dont migrate. re-write. WSU does not migrate. re-write. telephone com must be migrated to os/400 techniques. iex. create controller, device, and line. if you need help, we are available. joe leblanc www.michsoft.com There is an IBM Red Book S36 to AS400 conversion covering OCL to CL, and RPGII to RPGIII conversions. On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:15:45 GMT, Jack Kingsley II <jackk2@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: >V5R3 of I5/OS, I have the system value set to *S36. The system is a >S36. > >i5guy wrote: > >> What release are you going to? Migrating to S/36 environment on a >> current release or restoring a S/36 machine onto an older release? IBM used to have software to convert from S/36 OCL to S/38 CL. Does this still exist (It can be used to convert to AS400 CL) Pjotr Eb wrote: > Th...

how to create excel file on AS400 ?
Hello, I know how to create a CSV file on AS400, transfer it on pc, and open it with Excel. But there is no formatting, no formula... Is it possible to create a file on AS400 with my data, add it to a formatted file (on AS400), so that the new file would be an Excel file (xls), usable in Windows ? Thanks Jean-Claude On 16 Mar., 13:54, "Jean-Claude" <repondreenfo...@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > Hello, > > I know how to create a CSV file on AS400, transfer it on pc, and open it > with Excel. > But there is no formatting, no formula... > > Is it possible to create a file on AS400 with my data, add it to a formatted > file (on AS400), so that the new file would be an Excel file (xls), usable > in Windows ? > > Thanks > Jean-Claude Hi Jean-Claude. I work at Intermate where we sell InterExcel400. Take a look at www.interexcel400.com It can use predefined excel spreadsheets - e.g. with predefined formulas and chart definitions. You can even chose different fonts, borders, alignments and so on directly in the product without the use of a predefined excel template. You can download it and try it out yourself or ask for a demo. /Kim Egekjaer Go to www.systeminetwork.com Search for "create .xls file" You will find numerous commercial products as well as articles on do-it-yourself code. Denny On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:54:23 +0100, "Jean-Claude" <repondreenforum@wanadoo.fr> wrote: >Hello, > >...

Download file from SAP to AS400
Hi Everyone, I have doubt can we download file from SAP to AS400 using FTP? Thanx in advance. sudeep.173@gmail.com schreef: > Hi Everyone, > I have doubt can we download file from SAP to AS400 using FTP? > > Thanx in advance. > Why would you doubt that? -- Vriendelijke groeten / Best regards, Ren� H. Hartman www.hac-maarssen.nl Can you pls suggest me how i can download file from SAP to AS400? Thanks. Sudeep Ren=E9 H. Hartman wrote: > sudeep.173@gmail.com schreef: > > Hi Everyone, > > I have doubt can we download file from SAP to AS400 using FTP? > > > > Thanx in advance. > > > Why would you doubt that? > > -- > Vriendelijke groeten / Best regards, >=20 > Ren=E9 H. Hartman > www.hac-maarssen.nl ftp from iSeries...or to iSeries. <sudeep.173@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163436280.829326.253800@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... Can you pls suggest me how i can download file from SAP to AS400? Thanks. Sudeep Ren� H. Hartman wrote: > sudeep.173@gmail.com schreef: > > Hi Everyone, > > I have doubt can we download file from SAP to AS400 using FTP? > > > > Thanx in advance. > > > Why would you doubt that? > > -- > Vriendelijke groeten / Best regards, > > Ren� H. Hartman > www.hac-maarssen.nl sudeep.173@gmail.com wrote: > Can you pls suggest me how i can download file from SAP to AS400? > > Thanks. > Sudeep > Ren� H. Hartm...

how to transfer a graphic from PC to AS400
If I have a graphic on my PC, a jpg bmp or gif file, how do I transfer it to the AS400 so that I can use it to create a simple overlay file? Is there a resource that can explain this process? The only book I have "Advanced Function Printing Utilities for AS400 User's Guide" is useless. Thanks. ...

File managaement tool for AS400
All, just wanted to know if anyone are aware of any file management tool which can let us work without a DDS. To be specific, are anyone aware of any tool which is similar to FILEAID?. Also, i am aware that fileaid can be installed for DB2, but, can we install the same thing directly in AS400? ...

Transfering AS400 to new domain.
We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. Thanks. I think allot of it will depend upon how your participate on your network. Are people using DNS or host table files to get to you, are you using them for some specific purposes etc. Question_123 wrote: > We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done > this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you > can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote > printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. > > Thanks. We just did this 3 weeks ago. We had no major problems. Heres what we did: 1) Removed old tcp/ip route - added new 2) Removed old tcp/ip interface - added new 3) Modified tcp/ip host table entries ( we have some host table entries) 4) Changed tcp/ip domain information. (We had a minor problem here. After a call to IBM it was determined that our new domain name had to be "NewDomainName.local" instead of "NewDomainName" 5) Change the domain name in for the ISeries NetSvr properties. (This required tcp/ip to be stopped & restarted. JB "Question_123" <I_am_fitz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5cedbf9d.0503281639.19c3e927@posting.google.com... > We are planing on movin...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Error transferring from Excel CSV into AS400...
I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've just received this error: --------------------------------------------- Incorrect decimal point in the record. Record number: 1 Error range (in Bytes): Start: 7 End: 17 PC Field Name: MPPD --------------------------------------------- There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer and the contents include this: --------------------------------------------- PCFDF PCFT 1 PCFO 7,6,10,7,* Option Settings PCFL MPGRP 2 6 PCFL MPPD 2 10/2 --------------------------------------------- The actual data for record 1 looks like this: 38101,1630.72 (Account Number, Amount) Any suggestions? Thanks, Lance "News" <news@news.com> wrote in message news:<0%oEb.1441$VI1.237@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>... > I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct > number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've > just received this error: > > --------------------------------------------- > Incorrect decimal point in the record. > > Record number: 1 > Error range (in Bytes): > Start: 7 > End: 17 > PC Field Name: MPPD > --------------------------------------------- > There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer > and the contents include this: > > --------------------------------------------- > PCFDF > PCFT 1 > PCFO 7,6,10,7,* Option Settings > PCFL ...

Web resources about - Transfer files from S36 to AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Charge-transfer complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A charge-transfer complex ( CT complex ) or electron-donor-acceptor complex is an association of two or more molecules , or of different parts ...

DeskConnect file transfer app updated with share extension, 3D Touch support, and more
DeskConnect is a file transfer app from the makers of Workflow. It allows you to easily share files between your iPhone, iPad and Mac. DeskConnect ...

$500 million money transfer startup WorldRemit quietly laid off staff last year
International money transfer startup WorldRemit quietly cut around 30 staff in London and the US last July. Business Insider was tipped off ...

Here's how the Hyrule Warriors 3DS to Wii U transfer process works
... U edition of the game . It's been out in Japan since January, but now that I have a US copy of the game, I can confirm the details of the transfer ...

Mark Richt Gets It with Transfers-Sadly Most Coaches Do Not.
Are they Students or Employees? I have had numerous posts in this space concerning the ways that college athletes are essentially treated as ...

48% of Israeli Jews Back ‘Expulsion’ or ‘Transfer’ of Arabs, New Pew Survey Says
Nearly half of the Jews surveyed in a landmark Pew survey of Israelis want Arabs ‘expelled or transferred’ from the country. Authors of the groundbreaking ...

Officials say Guantanamo transfers have killed Americans
Officials say Guantanamo transfers have killed Americans

Officials Say Guantanamo Transfers Have Killed Americans
Americans have been killed by prisoners released from the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, a senior Defense Department official told ...

‘Law & Order: SVU’: Fin Tutuola Reacts To Olivia Benson’s Transfer, Ice-T Says Situation ‘Rights Itself’ ...
... (Robert John Burke) ended up being investigated by Internal Affairs. Due to Olivia Benson’s personal link to Tucker, she ended up being transferred ...

DeskConnect, the App That Makes File Transfers Between iOS and Mac Dead Simple, Gets a Design Refresh ...
Mac/iOS: There’s been no shortage of apps of that seek to make the process of sending files, photos, clipboard contents and whatever else between ...