Transfering AS400 to new domain.

We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain.  Has anyone done
this and experienced any problems.  Or you have not done this but you
can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote
printing Etc.  Any and all comments wil be appreciated.

Thanks.
0
I_am_fitz (41)
3/29/2005 12:39:22 AM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

I think allot of it will depend upon how your participate on your
network.  Are people using DNS or host table files to get to you, are
you using them for some specific purposes etc.

Question_123 wrote:
> We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain.  Has anyone done
> this and experienced any problems.  Or you have not done this but you
> can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote
> printing Etc.  Any and all comments wil be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

We just did this 3 weeks ago.   We had no major problems.   Heres what we
did:

1) Removed old tcp/ip route - added new
2) Removed old tcp/ip interface - added new
3) Modified tcp/ip host table entries ( we have some host table entries)
4) Changed tcp/ip domain information.  (We had a minor problem here.  After
a call to IBM it was determined that our new domain name had to be
"NewDomainName.local" instead of "NewDomainName"
5) Change the domain name in for the ISeries NetSvr properties. (This
required tcp/ip to be stopped & restarted.

JB

"Question_123" <I_am_fitz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain.  Has anyone done
> this and experienced any problems.  Or you have not done this but you
> can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote
> printing Etc.  Any and all comments wil be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 in windows domain integration with another windows domain
Currently we acquired a company that has AS400 with Kerberos auth/ iSeries navigator in a Windows domain. We built a one way trust to their domain that allows us to access their resources. One of those resources is the AS400 but we are having trouble integrating the iSeries navigator work with another domain. Any suggestions? Advise? Thank you in advance! On Aug 18, 5:36=A0pm, tc <tchang73...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Currently we acquired a company that has AS400 with Kerberos auth/ > iSeries navigator in a Windows domain. We built a one way trust to > their domain that allows us to access their resources. One of those > resources is the AS400 but we are having trouble integrating the > iSeries navigator work with another domain. Any suggestions? Advise? > Thank you in advance! Maybe a port issue, is there a way to bypass the kerberos at all to verify?? ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

New AS400 user
Hi all, Hoping someone out there is willing to help! I am a longtime Unix/VMS/Win/Novell person that has always had an interest in AS400. I used to do a lot of integration stuff with AS400 (Netware/SAA, STUN, DLSW etc etc) but I've never gotten into AS400 from a operator/sysadmin perspective. They are something of a mystery. What I would like is someone to either point me at a resource or, better, explain to me in a AS400 for dummies fashion. There was a great book called "Unix for VMS users' or something similar that explained things in a parallel concept. I'm looking for a AS400 for Unix users person or resource. Things like disk structure, startup sequences, IPL, LIC, files/directories etc...simple stuff then I can go away and build on that myself. Anyway, my company has freed up a small AS400 for my own use. It's a 9402 model 200 and when I do a Normal IPL from B, it works fine. A Manual IPL takes me into DST, as one would expect. What I'd like to do is scratch the box and reinstall OS400 completely from scratch. I have a LIC tape with the correct serial number, I have tapes "OS400 V3.05", Softcopy Library and a CUM PTF tape. I am pretty sure the OS400 tape in intact since I was able to 'reinstall the OS' from the DST in IPL NB. I can only hope and assume the LIC tape is good. Obviously, the above reinstall does not address my requirements of scratching the machine and starting again. I learned that I need to IPL from D ...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

Transfer files from S36 to AS400
I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the files accessible to client access using EDITNRD. What does EDITNRD do? From this group, I can see that it edits a NRD that tells how to copy files from the S36 side to the AS400 side. But it sounds like it just defines the mapping. And then another command nees to be run to copy the data file using the mapping. Using a COPYDATA command? So it sounds like one step is that I need to use EDITNRD to define two entries: one for each file. But is there another step to say to actually copy the files using the mappings? I should be able to tell what to put in the entries since they already have several entries set up. When I run client access file transfer from a PC, I see that only files defined through NRD are visible. So I see that I can't get access to all S 36 files automatically and must set up NRD to get to them. Thanks for any help. charliestrause@yahoo.com wrote: > I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 > side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. > > A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two > files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the > files accessible to client access u...

how to transfer a graphic from PC to AS400
If I have a graphic on my PC, a jpg bmp or gif file, how do I transfer it to the AS400 so that I can use it to create a simple overlay file? Is there a resource that can explain this process? The only book I have "Advanced Function Printing Utilities for AS400 User's Guide" is useless. Thanks. ...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

Error transferring from Excel CSV into AS400...
I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've just received this error: --------------------------------------------- Incorrect decimal point in the record. Record number: 1 Error range (in Bytes): Start: 7 End: 17 PC Field Name: MPPD --------------------------------------------- There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer and the contents include this: --------------------------------------------- PCFDF PCFT 1 PCFO 7,6,10,7,* Option Settings PCFL MPGRP 2 6 PCFL MPPD 2 10/2 --------------------------------------------- The actual data for record 1 looks like this: 38101,1630.72 (Account Number, Amount) Any suggestions? Thanks, Lance "News" <news@news.com> wrote in message news:<0%oEb.1441$VI1.237@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>... > I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct > number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've > just received this error: > > --------------------------------------------- > Incorrect decimal point in the record. > > Record number: 1 > Error range (in Bytes): > Start: 7 > End: 17 > PC Field Name: MPPD > --------------------------------------------- > There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer > and the contents include this: > > --------------------------------------------- > PCFDF > PCFT 1 > PCFO 7,6,10,7,* Option Settings > PCFL ...

AS400 Data Transfer into Simplified Chinese
Hi, I am trying to transfer a file with simplified Chinese characters using the AS400 Data Transfer Utility. I am using Win2000 (chinese (PRC) as the locale), V5R3 Service Pack SI17742. I have set the emulator's host code page to 1388 (Simplified Chinese). When I downloaded the file, I saw strange characters. Then, I changed the user profile to CCSID = 935 and successfully download the file to view the simplified chinese characters. However, I then tried to enter Equation and it prompts an error. Is there anyway to work around this problem? Thanks a lot! ...

Automatic transfer AS400 -> Excel
Hello I am trying to transfer data from an AS400 system to a Excel sheet, Now this is done manually by cliking the add-in from Client Access named CWBTFXLA.XLL This works but the data has to be formatted afterwards, I want to make the transfer automatic via VBA en then run some code on it. The formating code works but i can't get the automatic transfer to work. Mind you, I'am a noob on the AS400 and do not have access to the command prompt Pse help Add a module to your project in the Visual Basic Editor Add a reference to ado to your project on the vb editor (tools - references - microsoft activex data objects) Add a sub procedure to to your module called Auto_Open Forget using the client access add in - usa vba code to get the data here is a sample Public Sub Auto_Open() Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "Select * from mylib.myfile" Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset ' xxx = your as/400 ip address rst.open strSQL, "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX;" Range("A2").CopyFromRecordset rst End Sub this is for office 200 and higher whenever the workbook is opened, this Auto_Open procedure will run this will fill the worksheet starting in cell A2 with the data You will have to add column headers. "Warzel" <warzel@toegang.voor.iedereen.nedeland> wrote in message news:41ebeda1$0$6221$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Hello > > I am trying to transfer data from an AS40...

Files transfer to and from test site to as400
Hi, I am new to as400 and started working on it. Cud u let me know how to do File transfers to and from our test site to our test AS400. When i tried that it is not working . Test site says Your FTP password was disabled. Regards, N Roy Log on to the testsite as secoft and enter at the command prompt: WRKUSRPRF Then select your account for change (selection 2) and set it to *enabled. Regards Hannes ...

e: Automatic transfer AS400 -> Excel
We are using Compleo from Symtrax to do that. You can generate XLS or PDF files and other things and you can reformat your data. And we will now use MapForm from Symtrax to do our mapping with barcods and so much... They have great iSeries product. Adam ...

RPG AS400 Programmer Position in New Jersey
I'm looking for a RPG AS400 Programmer Analyst a full time position in Trenton, New Jersey. Candidates must be within a reasonable commute of Trenton. Requirements: a.Min. 5 years RPG Programming on the AS400. b.BPCS interfacing and programming. c.Excellent communication skills are required. d.Lansa experience is a major plus. Base salary range of 70-80K. Qualified candidates please send your resume as a Word attachment to: OraStaff, Inc. Email: orastaff@mindspring.com Please use job code: Newsgroups/Trenton/AS400/PB All Submissions are handled in confidence. *We pay referral fees. So please contact me if you know of anyone who would be qualified/interested in the position described above- if it is not a match for your skills. Thanks. ...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > A quick google search didn't show much in the way of DB2 ODBC drivers for Mac, but there's an odbc-to-jdbc bridge product that may be helpful: http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Kaj Julius wrote: > http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ > (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Thank you Kaj, I will take a look. -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Does IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux?
Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which distribution is available? Al Al Bogner wrote: > Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which > distribution is available? The following shows the which models support Linux. http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/pdfs/guide.pdf ...

US-NY: New York-AS400 Programmer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Please reply to vimal@softsolint.com with your resume! Job Title: AS400 Programmer Job Location: NY: New York Pay Rate: open Job Length: 7-12 months (contract) Start Date: 2003-08-11 Company Name: Software Solutions Contact: Vimal Kakkar Phone: 212-480-2112 Fax: 212-480-2114 Description: We are looking for 3 consulatnts with following skill sets for one of our direct client in New York city. Local candidates are required for Face - to - face interview. NO PHONE INTERVIEWS BY CLIENT. Please submit the resumes asap with best rates and Phone Numbers. RESUMES won't be considered without rates and Contact numbers. The AS400 skillset requires: Advantage/2E (AKA Synon/2E or COOL/2E) COBOL/400 compiler AS/400 operating system, OS400 Excellent Comm. skills. The secondary requirements include: MQ ROBOT (job controller) Messaging systems Plus Knowledge of Clearance Systems (DTC...

Web resources about - Transfering AS400 to new domain. - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Helicopter Transfering Lineman to Wire - YouTube
Helicopter transfers linemen to the wire for energized insulator change-outs.

Nintendo details official process for transfering data to your New 3DS
Since the New 3DS is almost out, a lot of us are probably wondering how to copy over data from the old system both on-board data and save files ...

Terry Larrier is transfering to UConn
Terry Larrier, once a top 50 recruit, is leaving VCU to play for Kevin Ollie at UConn after just one season. The UConn Huskies went from National ...

Transfering magnetic fields across long distances
A Catalan, German and Austrian group of physicists has developed a new technology to transfer magnetic fields to arbitrary long distances, which ...

Fifa secretary general Jerome Valcke accused of transfering money central to bribe case
US prosecutors allege Sepp Blatter's deputy is connected to the bribery scandal engulfing football's governing body

User:Aeusoes1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a Wiki pedia user page . This is not an encyclopedia article but maybe it should be one. If you find this page on any site other than ...

RealPlayer SuperPass - Premium Player with TV &amp Movies - 14-day Free Trial
FREE 14-day Trial RealPlayer SuperPass - Your trial of RealPlayer SuperPass is FREE. You can cancel anytime, or continue to enjoy all the features ...

Life of a Lab Rat
Dear Reader,this entry is a bit of a rant. I started writing about one thing, and finished up on a different road. But I think the final destination ...

myRTA
Back to Roads site Home About Contact us Online Tutorials Print this page Print this page Decrease Text Size Increase Text Size Change text size ...

On-Site PC Repair Specialists ** Techs-on-Call
Techs-on-Call is an on-site computer repair company. We come to you for all your computer services. Customer satisfaction is our priority.