unix odbc drivers for as400

hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from
their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying
arround?,

it would be a lot of help!

thanks in advance.

fel <felipevaldez@gmail.com> wrote in news:7f114a0b-3b02-4a43-afaa-
8dd368d29024@z34g2000vbl.googlegroups.com:

> hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from
> their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying
> arround?,
>
> it would be a lot of help!
>

> thanks in advance.

as far as i know IBM never made an ODBC driver for UNIX
there is an ODBC driver for LINUX:

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/linux/downloads.html

--
Ad,

pas de probl�me, que des solutions
0
noemail8635 (124)
9/21/2009 6:29:00 PM
On Sep 21, 1:29=A0pm, Ad <noem...@spam.com> wrote:
> fel <felipeval...@gmail.com> wrote in news:7f114a0b-3b02-4a43-afaa-
> 8dd368d29...@z34g2000vbl.googlegroups.com:
>
> > hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from
> > their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying
> > arround?,
>
> > it would be a lot of help!
>
> > thanks in advance.
>
> as far as i know IBM never made an ODBC driver for UNIX
> there is an ODBC driver for LINUX:
>
> http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/linux/downloads.html
>
> --
> Ad,
>
> pas de probl=E8me, que des solutions

thanks
fel wrote:
> On Sep 21, 1:29 pm, Ad <noem...@spam.com> wrote:
>> fel <felipeval...@gmail.com> wrote in news:7f114a0b-3b02-4a43-afaa-
>> 8dd368d29...@z34g2000vbl.googlegroups.com:
>>
>>> hi everyone, apparently, IBM removed their unix odbc drivers from
>>> their webpage, so I was wondering if any of you guys have it lying
>>> arround?,
>>> it would be a lot of help!
>>> thanks in advance.
>> as far as i know IBM never made an ODBC driver for UNIX
>> there is an ODBC driver for LINUX:
>>
>> http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/linux/downloads.html
>>
>> --
>> Ad,
>>
>> pas de probl�me, que des solutions
>
> thanks
IBM i has not provided a UNIX ODBC driver.  The IBM solution would be DB2
Connect, you may be able to download a trial edition.

--
Kent Milligan
ISV Enablement - System i
On Sep 21, 6:09=A0pm, Kent Milligan <km...@magnaspeed.net> wrote:
> fel wrote:
> > On Sep 21, 1:29 pm, Ad <noem...@spam.com> wrote:
> >> fel <felipeval...@gmail.com> wrote in news:7f114a0b-3b02-4a43-afaa-
> >> 8dd368d29...@z34g2000vbl.googlegroups.com:

> >> as far as i know IBM never made an ODBC driver for UNIX
> >> there is an ODBC driver for LINUX:
>
> >>http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/linux/downloads.html
>
> >> --
> >> Ad,
>
> >> pas de probl=E8me, que des solutions
>
> > thanks
>
> IBM i has not provided a UNIX ODBC driver. =A0The IBM solution would be D=
B2
> Connect, you may be able to download a trial edition.
>
> --
> Kent Milligan
> ISV Enablement - System i
> km...@us.eye-bee-m.com (spam trick) =A0 GO HAWKEYES!!
> =A0>>> ibm.com/iseries/db2
> (opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer)

Thanks, Mr Kent

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > A quick google search didn't show much in the way of DB2 ODBC drivers for Mac, but there's an odbc-to-jdbc bridge product that may be helpful: http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Kaj Julius wrote: > http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ > (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Thank you Kaj, I will take a look. -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, but I am kind of desperate. I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, but I am kind of desperate. I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido Guido Spadotto wrote: > Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, > but I am kind of desperate. > > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > > I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access > this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc > connections. > > Thank you for your help and patience, Hi Guido, I've used DB2 Connect to connect to an AS400 via PHP on a Linux machine. I haven't tried it on my Mac, but it's conceivable that it could be installed on OS X via the terminal. Might be worth a look. Other than that... maybe Rumba (from NetManage) running in Virtual PC? -- David Hennessy http://david.maidix.com/ I wish I could help you, but I am--alas--not a Mac expert. I do like the combination of the innovation of a MAC with the only single level store, truly object oriented OS ever made commercially viable. Have a look at this produ...

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX #2
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver
I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400. Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 - SQL system error". Can someone help me on this issue? Jean wrote: > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version > 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400. > Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error > "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 - > SQL system error". > > Can someone help me on this issue? > If the connection is successful, you may want to look at the job log on the server (iSeries), which often will contain more detailed information in the form of messages, if the failure is on the server. The server job will have a name of the form nnnnnn/QUSER/QZDASOINIT. On a 5250 ("green screen") command line after connecting from the client, try this to find the job: wrkactjob job(qzda*) Use option 5 (Work with), then option 10 (Display job log), then F10 (Display detailed messages). -- Karl Hanson Jean wrote: > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver&...

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

as400 driver
Hi. Does the com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver driver that is part of JTOpen (http://jt400.sourceforge.net) works with db2 udb version 7 that is installed on windows 2000? I' m trying to access db2 from java aplication like this: Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver"); Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:as400://hostname","user","password"); Statement statement = connection.createStatement(); ResultSet resultSet = statement.executeQuery("select * from tablename"); , and I get this ja...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

Re: Which ODBC Drivers? (Unix SAS/Access to ODBC for Oracle &
Also consider using OleDb. It is newer and easier to use. Alan Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of ra Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 5:18 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Which ODBC Drivers? (Unix SAS/Access to ODBC for Oracle & Informix) Having read various SAS documentation and called SAS TS I am still less than crystal clear on what I consider to be a straightforward question: We are running SAS 9.1.3 on a Unix Solaris 64bit box. We wish to access Oracle data and Informix data from SAS using SAS/Access to ODBC, thereby eliminating the need to licence two SAS/Access products. The solution does not need to have particularly great performance as we will be using it overnight on small data volumes on an occasional basis. We have a trial SAS/Access to ODBC licence and the module will soon be installed. My questions involve the ODBC Drivers/ Managers. 1) Do we need both Driver and Manager for Informix and for Oracle or would one suffice for both databases? 2) Where do we get the Drivers/Managers from? Do Oracle or Informix supply them as part of their database software? 3) Are either of the above 'components' available free? I suspect that we need to purchase the Drivers and Managers. If so I have found that EasySoft and Data-Direct appear to market them. Are there any more out there which can be recommende...

Which ODBC Drivers? (Unix SAS/Access to ODBC for Oracle & Informix)
Having read various SAS documentation and called SAS TS I am still less than crystal clear on what I consider to be a straightforward question: We are running SAS 9.1.3 on a Unix Solaris 64bit box. We wish to access Oracle data and Informix data from SAS using SAS/Access to ODBC, thereby eliminating the need to licence two SAS/Access products. The solution does not need to have particularly great performance as we will be using it overnight on small data volumes on an occasional basis. We have a trial SAS/Access to ODBC licence and the module will soon be installed. My questions involve the...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Unix ODBC drivers
We are attempting to use our UniData basic programs to access SQL Server data located throughout our plant and are trying to find anyone how has knowledge about Unix ODBC drivers. We know that an ODBC driver must be installed on the HPUX we are using but we have no background to start from and no help is available from our vendor (they tell us that they know about it but do not support it). Which one would be the best purchase? How to set it up, the best way to retrive data etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not too sure but one way of doing it would be to instead of HPUX doing the ODBC why not create an app off system (probably a web page) that returns the text you need and use a command line utility such as "curl" to retrieve the information. This way you could execute the program in unix to return the information and setup the odbc connection on something you know how to support. -Adam On 15 Aug 2003 12:26:57 -0700, jschram@haascnc.com (James) wrote: >We are attempting to use our UniData basic programs to access SQL >Server data located throughout our plant and are trying to find anyone >how has knowledge about Unix ODBC drivers. We know that an ODBC driver >must be installed on the HPUX we are using but we have no background >to start from and no help is available from our vendor (they tell us >that they know about it but do not support it). Which one would be the >best purchase? How to set i...

FTP from UNIX to AS400
Hello All, We receive the following message when we transfer a flat text file in ASCII from UNIX to AS400 ftp server : Error [426-Records written to file FILE1 in library QGPL have been truncated. Data in file may not be valid. 426 Data transfer ended.]" Can someone explain the message and suggest how to transfer a file without data corruption and without error messages. Thanks, Alona Alona, By default the AS/400's FTP server assumes you're transferring a file to the native LIBRARY/FILE database system on the machine. If you want to just transfer a flat text ASCII file then you probably want to use the AS/400's IFS which is a Unix-like file storage system. When you log on to the FTP server, use "quote site namefmt 1" which tells the 400 you want to use the IFS. Then you can cd to something like /home/myuser and do a put to that directory. Once uploaded you can find the file by using the WRKLNK command from an OS/400 command line (i.e. WRKLNK '/home/myuser') HTH, Jonas Alona wrote: > Hello All, > > We receive the following message when we transfer a flat text file in > ASCII from UNIX to AS400 ftp server : > > Error [426-Records written to file FILE1 in library QGPL have been > truncated. Data in file may not be valid. > 426 Data transfer ended.]" > > > Can someone explain the message and suggest how to transfer a file > without data corruption and without error messages. > > T...

ODBC or other method for AS400
Hi, We have a need to read datra into AS400 from a Sybase database. Usually its the other way around, but in this case, I need to read data into the AS400 machine from an outside datasource. What methods can I use to do this? I though at first about using Web Services, but I was told that the AS400 does not have Web Services installed. Thanks, Yuval You can create your own web services using a variety of methods. Sockets programming is one of them. another option is using JDBC.. which means using Java. :) Yuval wrote: > Hi, > > We have a need to read datra into AS400 from a Sybase database. > Usually its the other way around, but in this case, I need to read > data into the AS400 machine from an outside datasource. What methods > can I use to do this? I though at first about using Web Services, but > I was told that the AS400 does not have Web Services installed. > > Thanks, > > Yuval I have done it using IIS and Active Server Pages and ODBC. Was fairly straigthforward and worked similar to writing to other databases. "Yuval" <yuvalyuval@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:f1efbdb3.0409210328.634ef8b5@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > We have a need to read datra into AS400 from a Sybase database. > Usually its the other way around, but in this case, I need to read > data into the AS400 machine from an outside datasource. What methods > can I use to do this? I though at first about using ...

as400 driver #2
Hi. Does the com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver driver that is part of JTOpen (http://jt400.sourceforge.net) works with db2 udb version 7 that is installed on windows 2000? I' m trying to access db2 from java aplication like this: Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver"); Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:as400://hostname","user","password"); Statement statement = connection.createStatement(); ResultSet resultSet = statement.executeQuery("select * from tablename"); , and I get this ja...

AS400 ODBC Port Number
Hi all, One of my application access AS400 data using ODBC, so l would like to know if there is any fix port opened by AS400 for ODBC (like telnet using port 23)? What's the port number? Thank you! Best Regrads, Yong Boon, Lim Dont see ODBC specifically listed, but here is a link to Client Access port usage: http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/acc12fda96496e4b8625668f007ab75f?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,firewall Paul Sullivan "Yong Boon, Lim" <y0ngb00n@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cp0uqs$e45$1@news5.jaring.my... > Hi all, > > One of my application access AS400 data using ODBC, so l would like to > know > if there is any fix port opened by > AS400 for ODBC (like telnet using port 23)? What's the port number? > > > > Thank you! > > Best Regrads, > Yong Boon, Lim > > 8471 ...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

what is the as400 equivalent of the Unix truss command ?
Hi I'm looking to trace system events of a job to see what files are being referenced (eg. opened, read, written, closed, etc). How can I do this in as400? On Linux I would use strace, on Unix truss or tusc, on Windows procmon? Thanks ... Leslie Il 01.11.2014 18.46, lesliegomba@gmail.com ha scritto: > Hi I'm looking to trace system events of a job to see what files are being referenced > (eg. opened, read, written, closed, etc). How can I do this in as400? > On Linux I would use strace, on Unix truss or tusc, on Windows procmon? > > Thanks ... Leslie > ...

Reliabilty of DB2 Connect / ODBC / AS400
Hello, I'm wondering if any of you have experience accessing data from an AS400 via DB2 connect / ODBC on an Intel box? I'm writing a PHP app to access data on the AS400. I've cataloged the AS400 database on my Linux intel box running DB2 Enterprise 8.1 & DB2 Connect. In addition to that, I've installed the iSeriesODBC package from IBM. What I'm finding is that like 60% of the time my PHP script returns errors, most often something like "database 'foo' was not found" on the server. However, if I refresh the page the script executes &a...

Web resources about - unix odbc drivers for as400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Niall Quinn (racing driver) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1999 - 3rd place in Irish Karting Championship in Cadet 2000 - 1st place in Irish Karting Championship in Cadet 2002 - 3rd place in Irish Karting ...

Bindi Irwin gets her driver's licence
Bindi drove her dad Steve's old ute to get her driver's licence.

Perth cab driver goes home early due to Uber increase, may lose taxi licence
... home early. The decision to review his licence came the same month the agency announced it would abolish the mandatory hours for taxi drivers ...

Indonesia's Jakarta shut down by taxi-driver protest
Capital's traffic stands still after drivers demonstrate violently against new ride-hailing app services such as Uber.

Driver in massive F1 crash wonders if Halo would have helped
Filed under: Motorsports , Safety , Racing ​Fernando Alonso's accident will be a good test case for fully understanding any downsides to the ...

Jakarta taxi drivers protest against Uber and Grab
Thousands of taxi drivers in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta, stage a rowdy protest against ride-hailing apps including Uber and Grab.

Tribeca Film Fest reuniting 'Taxi Driver' cast/crew for film's 40th anniversary, announces 'Tribeca Talks' ...
The NYC film festival announced a bunch of talks with famous people and an exciting 40th anniversary screening of 'Taxi Driver.' Plus: Robert ...

Google is hiring good drivers for its self-driving cars
... for Google's self-driving cars, according to this ad posted on job-hunting site Glassdoor . Oxymoron anyone? The self-driving car driver is ...

Stranded Drivers Clog Snowy Streets As Major Roadways Close
Dozens of drivers were stranded across the Denver metro area on Wednesday as snow fell in some places more than an inch an hour. Several major ...

Are new electronic gearshifts putting drivers at risk?
Are new electronic gearshifts putting drivers at risk?