Update error using IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries .NET provider

My select statement works like a charm, but I can't get update to
work.

Here's my code:

This works just fine:

        Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries;
Default Collection=MyDB"
        Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString)
        Dim ds As New DataSet
        Dim da As New iDB2DataAdapter

        da.SelectCommand = New iDB2Command("select * from table1",
cnn)
        da.Fill(ds)

This does not:

        Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries;
        Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString)
        Dim ds As New DataSet
        Dim da As New iDB2DataAdapter

        da.UpdateCommand = New iDB2Command("update table1 set size =
'5' where style = 'AB001'", cnn)
        da.Update(ds, "table1")

I get this error message: "Update unable to find
TableMapping['table1'] or DataTable 'table1'."

Can anybody help or at least point me in the right direction to get
help?

0
disaia1 (3)

On Oct 30, 11:41 pm, moondog <dis...@verizon.net> wrote:
> My select statement works like a charm, but I can't get update to
> work.
>
> Here's my code:
>
> This works just fine:
>
>         Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries;
> Default Collection=MyDB"
>         Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString)
>         Dim ds As New DataSet
>         Dim da As New iDB2DataAdapter
>
>         da.SelectCommand = New iDB2Command("select * from table1",
> cnn)
>         da.Fill(ds)
>
> This does not:
>
>         Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries;
> Default Collection=myDB"
>         Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString)
>         Dim ds As New DataSet
>         Dim da As New iDB2DataAdapter
>
>         da.UpdateCommand = New iDB2Command("update table1 set size =
> '5' where style = 'AB001'", cnn)
>         da.Update(ds, "table1")
>
> I get this error message: "Update unable to find
> TableMapping['table1'] or DataTable 'table1'."
>
> Can anybody help or at least point me in the right direction to get
> help?

If you want to update a table in .net using an sql statement you
should use something like:
Dim command As New iDB2Connection("update table1 set size =
> '5' where style = 'AB001'", cnn)
dim x as integer
x=command.ExecuteNonQuery ()

x will be the return value of the sql which should be the number of
rows in this case. You may find the command type needs changing as I
dont have a iDB2Connection to hand & use the mssqlserver command
types. You may find that just adding table1 to your dataset works.
x.Tables.Add("table1")
I think the da.update should be used when you have pulled down data
from the db & updated several rows. The sql should then refer to the
new values of each row one at a time.

HTH
Jonathan

On Oct 31, 10:31 am, Jonathan Bailey <jonathan.bai...@tesco.net>
wrote:
> On Oct 30, 11:41 pm, moondog <dis...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > My select statement works like a charm, but I can't get update to
> > work.
>
> > Here's my code:
>
> > This works just fine:
>
> >         Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries;
> > Default Collection=MyDB"
> >         Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString)
> >         Dim ds As New DataSet
> >         Dim da As New iDB2DataAdapter
>
> >         da.SelectCommand = New iDB2Command("select * from table1",
> > cnn)
> >         da.Fill(ds)
>
> > This does not:
>
> >         Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries;
> > Default Collection=myDB"
> >         Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString)
> >         Dim ds As New DataSet
> >         Dim da As New iDB2DataAdapter
>
> >         da.UpdateCommand = New iDB2Command("update table1 set size =
> > '5' where style = 'AB001'", cnn)
> >         da.Update(ds, "table1")
>
> > I get this error message: "Update unable to find
> > TableMapping['table1'] or DataTable 'table1'."
>
> > Can anybody help or at least point me in the right direction to get
> > help?
>
> If you want to update a table in .net using an sql statement you
> should use something like:
> Dim command As New iDB2Connection("update table1 set size => '5' where style = 'AB001'", cnn)
>
> dim x as integer
> x=command.ExecuteNonQuery ()
>
> x will be the return value of the sql which should be the number of
> rows in this case. You may find the command type needs changing as I
> dont have a iDB2Connection to hand & use the mssqlserver command
> types. You may find that just adding table1 to your dataset works.
> x.Tables.Add("table1")
> I think the da.update should be used when you have pulled down data
> from the db & updated several rows. The sql should then refer to the
> new values of each row one at a time.
>
> HTH
> Jonathan- Hide quoted text -

Oops- the command should have not been an iDB2Connection but
iDB2Command.

Jonathan

Thanks.  I've made the change and am now getting a different error,
which is progress.

New error message:  "The operation cannot complete because the
connection is not valid."

Which is strange because the select statement still works just fine
with the exact same connection string.

The code now looks like this:

        Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries;
        Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString)
        Dim ds As New DataSet

        Dim x As Integer = 0
        Dim command As New iDB2Command("update table1 set size = '5'
where style = 'AB001'", cnn)
        x = command.ExecuteNonQuery

0
disaia1 (3)
10/31/2007 4:58:55 PM
On Oct 31, 4:58 pm, moondog <dis...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Thanks.  I've made the change and am now getting a different error,
> which is progress.
>
> New error message:  "The operation cannot complete because the
> connection is not valid."
>
> Which is strange because the select statement still works just fine
> with the exact same connection string.
>
> The code now looks like this:
>
>         Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries;
> Default Collection=MyDB;"
>         Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString)
>         Dim ds As New DataSet
>
>         Dim x As Integer = 0
>         Dim command As New iDB2Command("update table1 set size = '5'
> where style = 'AB001'", cnn)
>         x = command.ExecuteNonQuery

I think the dataadapter classes are smart enough to open & close
connections as required. You might want to try cnn.open before the
executenonquery.

Jonathan.

Oops, you're right.  Must open connection first.

It works!!!!

Thanks guys.

Here is my final "update" function for anybody that's interested:

    Function UpdateData(ByVal strSQL As String)
        Dim ConnectionString As String = "DataSource=123.45.67.89;
Default Collection=MYDBASE;"
        Dim cn As New iDB2Connection(ConnectionString)
        Dim ds As New DataSet

        cn.Open()

        Dim x As Integer = 0
        Dim command As New iDB2Command(strSQL, cn)
        x = Command.ExecuteNonQuery

        cn.Close()

        Return x

    End Function

0
disaia1 (3)

Does anyone use IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries(.net provider)?
My question is can this .net provider support multi-statement update(batch update)? I tried with the beta .net provider,the answer was not. And my statement is update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; It return the error message indicated that ";" was not allowed. And the SqlClient OracleClient support this; the SqlClient is: update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; the oracleClient is : Begin update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; End wildfish wrote: > My question is can this .net provider support multi-statement > update(batch update)? I tried with the beta .net provider,the answer > was not. > And my statement is > update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where > xxx; > It return the error message indicated that ";" was not allowed. > > And the SqlClient OracleClient support this; > the SqlClient is: > update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where > xxx; > > the oracleClient is : > Begin update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx > where xxx; End > You do not need the ; to indicate the SQL continues on to the next line. thanks a lot.I will try it on monday:) ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries for .NET
I need some trying to figure out what is happening on our AS/400. I am not an AS/400 programmer, but I am using ASP.NET (VB) and the IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries control for .NET to access our DB2 databases. The problem we seem to be having is after I am all done with my queries and I close out of everything there are still jobs (QZDAOSINIT?) sitting idle for my profile. My web application can hit our AS/400 hundreds of times at once depending on how many people are using the web application. At one point there were over a hundred QZDAOSINIT jobs with my user profile just sitting there idle. Why do those not close immediately after I disconnect from the database? Forgive if I am not getting the terminology correct. I am not really all that familar with the workings of the AS/400 and our AS/400 people are not all that familar with .NET Programming. So we're kind of stuck as to why these jobs are still running. Does any of this make any sense? Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Sincerely, Shannon maybe you may want to execute terminate statement once you are done with your processing db2 "terminate" (this one is for LUW... I don't know whats the equivalent for iseries.) This will close the server side process which was entertaining your requests. I don't recall precisely, but a look on num_poolagents might be related, i suggest you refer to the documentation for some info on that if thats the cul...

IBM DB2 .NET provider
Thanks! The .NET Data Provider is delivered with iSeries Access; named IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries Searching InfoCenter for ".net data provider" finds the following, and more. For example: Giving selective install details: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzaik/rzaikdotnetprovider.htm "The IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider complements the existing OLE DB database providers. It allows you to use Visual Basic and C# to develop your .NET client/server applications. You can use the Programmer's Toolkit along with this provider to make development of your .NET Windows� client PC applications quicker and easier." "The Managed Provider follows the .NET Framework specifications for managed code, including the requirement to have the .NET Framework already installed on your PC. Once it is installed, follow these steps to install the provider using Selective Setup: Start > Programs > IBM iSeries Access for Windows > Selective Setup On the Component Selection panel, in the Data Access component select ..NET Data Provider. Continue through the Selective Setup wizard. See Microsoft� Web site for the architecture and details on Microsoft's ..NET Framework, ADO.NET, Windows Installer, GAC, the CLR, and specifications for managed code." "To access technical details: The IBM DB2 UDB .NET Provider Technical Reference, which is shipped with the iSeries Access for Windows p...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

Is IBM killing iSeries? Yes, IBM is the iSeries muderer!!!!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C4263B.65141F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IBM should know, it's just herself is killing iSeries/400. He invest = too much money in Webfacing, HATS, PASE, Web Access and RPG V .... but = how many users are planing to use them??? almost NONE! IBM should focus = on how to imporve the running time performance of Websphere on iSeries, = How let user can build java/web application as easy as SDA. AS/400 won = in 1988 because compare with the Unix, VAX/VMS and DOS, AS/400 is such = easy to be used to create application system. but now, Java on iSeries = is nightmare. Compare with Unix, Linux and Window platfrom. Websphere on = AS/400 has very low performance, It's very difficult to be install, Very = bad SQL/JDBC performance, to build application is as difficult as unix = and other open system, even more. Much expensive than unix, linux and = windows..... so Why user choose iSeries???? almost all my customer = complain as I said above everyday... Honestly If I was ordered to build = a web base application, I'd rather use Linux, but not OS/400! OS/400 can = not give me almost none benefit for Web Application! also AS/400 is not = a very good DB server too. Just wish I could install Linux and AIX on AS/400 box without the OS/400 = primary partition soon. And hope IBM sell the new box as cheaper as = pSeries (RS/6000).=...

Error using Fast Path DB2 course from IBM
I downloaded the fast path to db2 course. I am unable to run it as it comes back with the error "There is no audio device available for Hotmedia audio player. This is a result of another media player controlling the audio device. Depending on your configuration, you have to stop all media players, close all browser instances, and try again, or you may have to reboot your machine" I have tried all the approaches that they have outlined and am still getting the error. I went ahead and stopped all the java based apps on machine too but with same result. Has anyone com...

IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2 Codepage error.
We use the IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2 to connect to a database on AIX 5.2 from SQL Server Integration Service. But there is some codepage problems. On AIX we use ISO-8859-1, when use DB2 CLP, we should first set DB2CODEPAGE property to 819(using db2set DB2CODEPAGE=819). Our OLE DB Connectionstring is as follows: "Data Source=MIGDB;User ID=fmadmin;Provider=IBMDADB2.1;Persist Security Info=True;Location=;Extended Properties=" We guess some magic properties should be added to the extended properties section, but don't know which one ,we have tried DB2CODEPAGE/IBM CCSID, neither works. Are there any IBM Guys,^_^ Amber wrote: > Are there any IBM Guys,^_^ > There are, but as far as I am concerned I'm codepage illiterate... Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutions Development IBM Toronto Lab Serge Rielau Glad to see you again, can you get any from your colleague,^_^. In the Microsoft SSIS forum it seems this is a common problem. Amber wrote: > Serge Rielau > Glad to see you again, can you get any from your colleague,^_^. > In the Microsoft SSIS forum it seems this is a common problem. > Amber, Here is a comment from back-stage: I have not really come across this issue in the past with OLE DB, as most OLE DB apps use the WCHAR type - basically making OLE DB a unicode app. It may be possible that DB2CODEPAGE is messing up OLE DB, somehow causing a (lossy?) conversion to some o...

Is there anyone using Clarion 5 and IBM UDB DB2
Hi! We would like to exchange information with people who have used (or have been using) DB2 and Clarion 5 (Legacy). Do you have any major problem? Is DB2 a good choice for using together with Clarion 5 (Not 5.5)? P.S: We are thinking in using Cowboy (SQL Template) Thanks in advance Jorge, We were using a windows DB2 database for testing and we didn't have a specific problem with C5. (You just need to know how to administrate UDB-DB2 as your database grows). The performance and stability were OK. Currently we are using a C55 application in AS/400 and even I wouldn't say is the best combination for a Client/Server solution, it works fine. Be sure to create the tables in DB2 first and then import the definitions on your dictionary. Also check if your OBCD drivers are up-to-date. Ernesto Franchi jorgemcsantos@bol.com.br (Jorge Santos) wrote in message news:<997fc93.0406071201.3ef5952d@posting.google.com>... > Hi! > > We would like to exchange information with people who have used (or > have been using) DB2 and Clarion 5 (Legacy). Do you have any major > problem? Is DB2 a good choice for using together with Clarion 5 (Not > 5.5)? > > P.S: We are thinking in using Cowboy (SQL Template) > > Thanks in advance ...

Setting up a linked server in MS SQL using IBM OLE DB PRovider for DB2
I am using DB2 UDB Application development client v8.2.5. I am trying to setup a linked server in MS SQL Enterprise Manager using the IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2 to connect to databases on DB2 for z/OS v7 and v8. The connection string I used is Provider=IBMDADB2;Data Source=xxxx and location C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN. After creating the connection, when I click on the tables/views under that linked server, I get the following error.. Error 7303: Could not initialize data source object of OLE DB Provider 'IBMDADB2' OLE DB error trace[OLE/DB provider 'IBMDADB2' IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x8004d01c] Please help. ...

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

ERROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664]
I am kind of stuck to this... Has anyone experienced this previously.... Following is my code... PROC SQL; CONNECT TO DB2(DB=DOACD011 SCHEMA='MEMBER' USER=&UID PASSWORD=&PWD); CREATE TABLE ODS_ALL_RECORDS AS SELECT * FROM CONNECTION TO DB2 ( SELECT A.SUTL_RGTR_ID ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TYP_CDE ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TITL_NM ,A.CRCT_IND ,CASE A.SUTL_RGTR_STS_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS RSDT ,CASE A.STRG_ANN_INCM_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS AIDT ,CASE A.STRG_NET_WRTH_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS NWDT ,CASE A.INVS_OBJ_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS IODT ,CASE A.SUTL_RGTR_STRT_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS STDT FROM MEMBER.SUIT_REG A WHERE A.SUIT_REGR_STS_CDE in('ACTIV' )); RUN; The error i am getting is RROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664] SQL0206N "A.SUIT_REGR_STS_CDE" is not valid in the context where it is used. SQLSTATE=42703 Any help would be appreciated Thanks ...

ERROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664] SQL0206N
[...]

Re: ERROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664]
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:01:54 -0800, shaunak.adgaonkar@gmail.com <shaunak.adgaonkar@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >I am kind of stuck to this... Has anyone experienced this >previously.... Following is my code... > >PROC >SQL; >CONNECT TO DB2(DB=DOACD011 >SCHEMA='MEMBER' > USER=&UID >PASSWORD=&PWD); > CREATE TABLE ODS_ALL_RECORDS >AS > SELECT * FROM CONNECTION TO >DB2 > >( > >SELECT > >A.SUTL_RGTR_ID > ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TYP_CDE > ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TITL_NM > ,A.CRCT_IND > ,CASE > A.SUTL_RGTR_STS_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN >'1' > END AS RSDT > ,CASE > A.STRG_ANN_INCM_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN >'1' > END AS >AIDT > ,CASE >A.STRG_NET_WRTH_DT > WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN >'1' > END AS >NWDT > ,CASE >A.INVS_OBJ_DT > WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN >'1' > END AS >IODT > ,CASE >A.SUTL_RGTR_STRT_DT > WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN >'1' > END AS STDT > FROM MEMBER.SUIT_REG A WHERE A.SUIT_REGR_STS_CDE >in('ACTIV' )); >RUN; > > >The error i am getting is > >RROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664] SQL0206N >"A.SUIT_REGR_STS_CDE" is not valid in the context where it is > used. SQLSTATE=42703 >...

IBM.DATA.DB2.iSeries
Hello, I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone have some hint for me? Thank you for your help Hannes Here is the small code: string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; con=new iDB2Connection(); try { con.ConnectionString=connString; con.Open(); } catch(Exception excpt) { MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); } Check the following redbook: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246440.html?Open Hannes wrote: > Hello, > > I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to > do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open > the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering > the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone > have some hint for me? > > Thank you for your help > Hannes > > Here is the small code: > string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; > con=new iDB2Connection(); > try > { > con.ConnectionString=connString; > con.Open(); > } > catch(Exception excpt) > { > MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); > } > ...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

how to use ibm ole db provider ???
Hello, I know I've asked this before, but I've been away from this for some time and have forgotten what solved the problem. I want to use the IBM OLE DB provider and connect to a database on a server. When I code the Dim c1 as ADODB.connection "method", I get a compile error. I know I have to do something in the REFERENCES section of the project, but no clear cut library shows up as either the Micr$oft ADO or an IBM OLE DB checkable box. Any suggestions, anyone? Mairhtin O'Feannnag "Mairhtin O'Feannag" <irishboyca@rocketmail....

IBM DB2 UDB and EMC CX500
Hi, is there some guilines for configuring EMC CX500 for DB2 database, how to place tablespaces, how many virtual disks to prepare on cx500 ( one big, each tablespace on separate disk, place part of each tablespace on one of many disks,...)? Regards tomiskra@vodatel.net wrote: > Hi, > > is there some guilines for configuring EMC CX500 for DB2 database, how > to place tablespaces, > how many virtual disks to prepare on cx500 ( one big, each tablespace > on separate disk, place > part of each tablespace on one of many disks,...)? > > Regards The DBA should be telling you how to lay out your DB .. That is a major part of the DB Design. What you should do in preparation is carve up some disks from seperate ranks on your storage unit to avoid hotspots, then present them to AIX .. depending on how you are going to have your tablespace containers (DMS files or DMS raw - ** do not use SMS if you can help it **), then you can carve up those disks. The DBA will then place the tablespace container on specific LUNs (filesystem file or LV for raw) It really does depend on the DB / Size / Usage .. If you place 2 tablespace containers on 2 seperate disks, then db2 will balance between them. Usually db2 DBAs prefer this method than to stripe across all the LUNs etc because its easy to add a container and romove a container and let db2 sort it out. Your logs f/s should be striped across as many spindles as you can spare. One thing with DBs is the more the h...

Confuse about IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries
I use the dotnet provider of ISeries<iDB2Connection iDB2DataAdapter etc.>. During these days,I found out that if the column are fixed char,the result we get will be filled with blanks. Such as I defind the column "USERNAME" as char(10) ,if i store the "WILDFISH",what i get is "WILDFISH ". So, each time i wanna to compare the name will be "WILDFISH",I have to use trim() to delete the blanks. I was wondering that it's possible to use some setting to make the trim() as default.just as I got using OLEDB. Not sure about the iDB2 adapter setting but SQL itself has a TRIM function. Perhaps you can use an SQL view built on top of your table that has TRIM built into it? Or directly in your SQL query? If you run a query with WHERE username='WILDFISH', DB2 automatically handls the extra blanks on the end. The above predicate will find username values of 'WILDFISH','WILDFISH ', & 'WILDFISH '. wildfish wrote: > I use the dotnet provider of ISeries<iDB2Connection iDB2DataAdapter > etc.>. > During these days,I found out that if the column are fixed char,the > result we get will be filled with blanks. > Such as I defind the column "USERNAME" as char(10) ,if i store the > "WILDFISH",what i get is "WILDFISH ". > So, each time i wanna to compare the name will be "WILDFISH",I have to > use trim() to delete the blanks. > I was...

error on server ibm.software.vasmalltalk at news.software.ibm.com
400 Permission denied writing SMstore file -- throttling Configuration: Account: news.software.ibm.com Server: news.software.ibm.com Protocol: NNTP Port: 119 Secure(SSL): 0 Error Number: 400 Code: 800ccca0 "James Foster" <news@JGFoster.net> wrote in message news:Qcqdna69Jcvu0VbYnZ2dnUVZ_tGsnZ2d@totallyobjects.com... > 400 Permission denied writing SMstore file -- throttling > > Configuration: > Account: news.software.ibm.com > Server: news.software.ibm.com It appears that the entire IBM newserver is having problems (not just that one newsgroup). That seems to happen periodically. You can always post to our VA Smalltalk forum if you have a v7.x issue... http://www.instantiations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12 -Eric Clayberg Sr. Vice President of Product Development Instantiations, Inc. mailto:clayberg@instantiations.com http://www.instantiations.com/vast ...

IBM Trackpoint Error, How to use Mouse Now?
Group, Thinkpad 760xl gave me a trackpoint error. I unplugged the keyboard connector and reseated to no avail. Then plugged in a serial mouse, and the mouse works during tests, but it will not work when I finally get the machine to boot using F1 on reboot. How do I get this mouse to work in the interim while awaiting a new keyboard? Can a thinkpad be use with no pointing device at all, like enabling the cursor keys or something like that? This may be a dumb question but I need the assistance of the group to either get the mouse going or somehow use without a mouse at all. Thanks Tom courir26@yahoo.com wrote: >Then plugged in a serial mouse, and the mouse works during tests, but >it will not work when I finally get the machine to boot using F1 on >reboot. What do you mean by 'tests'? Check for a BIOS setting that enables mouse instead of trackpoint. ...

Web resources about - Update error using IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries .NET provider - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Providers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeppe Federspiel and Rasmus Stabell started as musicians playing drums. Years later, they joined forces to form Providers, an urban production ...

Provider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Commerce Provider Payvment Launches Weekly Deals
Facebook commerce provider Payvment announced the rollout of a new weekly deals feature that allows sellers to feature three deals per week on ...

FCC chair on limiting Internet providers' sharing of user data - Videos - CBS News
A new proposal from the Federal Communications Commission would require Internet providers to get their customers' explicit permission to share ...

Buffett Has It Wrong: It Doesn’t Have To Be A Battle Between Utilities & Solar Power Providers
... common viewpoint that the marketplace is a [&hellip Buffett Has It Wrong: It Doesn’t Have To Be A Battle Between Utilities & Solar Power Providers ...

The government wants to safeguard your privacy from your broadband provider
Companies say they're just trying to deliver more relevant ads, but consumer advocates contend we need stricter rules about what Internet providers ...

Insurers plot test to build better provider directories
... insurers are hoping to ease headaches that can flare when customers try to confirm whether a doctor is covered in a plan's network of providers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: The downside of relying on social network providers for authentication
... of the key APIs of any useful application . As a result, many apps authenticate via Facebook, Twitter, or another third-party identity provider. ...

10 Solution Providers With The Most Cash In 2015 *
The 10 most cash-rich solution providers increased their holdings by 13.6 percent, to $14.75 billion, in the most recent quarter, with a new ...

Switch solution provider Aten to hand out NT$5.20 cash dividend
KVM switch solution provider Aten International plans to deal out cash dividends of NT$5.20 for 2015, in which EPS reached NT$5.90, according ...