Upper & lower case passwords

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am moving to password level 2.  I also want to require at least one
upper and one lower case characher in the password.  Level 2 is not
requiring this.  How can I get these rules to work?

0
Reply kim_kuras (61) 4/29/2005 4:24:30 PM

See related articles to this posting

Kim:

As far as I know, you can't specify case in your password complexity
settings.  You can write a program to verify password complexity, but that
may be more work than you want to do...
This is the way things are in v5r2.. Anybody with v5r3 care to comment?

Cheers,
Jim
<kim_kuras@dartcontainer.com> wrote in message
> I am moving to password level 2.  I also want to require at least one
> upper and one lower case characher in the password.  Level 2 is not
> requiring this.  How can I get these rules to work?

0
Reply jimcoo1 (14) 4/29/2005 4:41:25 PM

Thanks Jim.  Forgot to mention I have several systems at 5.1 and 5.2.
We have written a program which should capture the password rules,
changed QPWDVLDPGM to *REGFAC and attached the profram to exit program
IBM_QSY_VLD_PASSWRD - VLDP0100/  Still doesn't require upper and/or
lower case via the CHGPWD command.  It will let me use upper and lower
case but does not require it.

TIA

0
Reply kim_kuras (61) 4/29/2005 4:55:31 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 8989 articles. 9 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Upper & lower case passwords
I am moving to password level 2. I also want to require at least one upper and one lower case characher in the password. Level 2 is not requiring this. How can I get these rules to work? Kim: As far as I know, you can't specify case in your password complexity settings. You can write a program to verify password complexity, but that may be more work than you want to do... This is the way things are in v5r2.. Anybody with v5r3 care to comment? Cheers, Jim <kim_kuras@dartcontainer.com> wrote in message news:1114791870.001968.60070@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I am movin...

lower case to upper case
char* line = "abcd"; How to convert the line to upper case and print? Any option for printf to do this? Thanx Janice wrote: > char* line = "abcd"; > How to convert the line to upper case and print? > Any option for printf to do this? > Thanx > > Not sure if there is a exclusive function in 'C' to do it but tivially you could do: - Get each character one by one from the input array/string. - Check whether the character is lower/upper using 'islower'or 'isupper' functions - If character is upper case, then Add 32 to get it...

from lower case to upper case
Hello, I want to change some words in a file from lower- to uppercase. Here an example: ----- foo1=faax foo2=faay foo3=faaz ----- but i need: FOO1=faax FOO2=faay FOO3=faaz I want to find my foos with a reg. exp. and thats no problem: ^.*= do that To get a word in uppercase i can use veU, but how can I change words found by the reg. exp.? Or with other words: Is it possible to execute a Command on a regular expression? And if, how? Anyone knows? Thanks, Stefan -- Wir, die anderen und ich sind unter <a href="http://www.infojungs.de">www...

Upper case and Lower case issues
There are some layouts in which the "powers that be" demand be in ALL CAPITALS - not only for viewing pleasure, but also on exported text. Setting the text to view all upper is easy. However, if the user has typed in lower case letters, that is what gets exported regardless of what was displayed in the layout. Aside from using an Upper function on every single field - any suggestions on how to have the text actually changed to Upper case? Thanks for any Tips, Tricks or Alcohol you can provide! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- WinXP Pro 64Bit / FMP Adv 8.0v2...

wxConfig and upper case/lower case
Does case matter for wxConfig keys? I'd have thought not, but I'm getting an error when using RenameGroup() to move an upper case version to a lower case version, when there's no lower case version for it to conflict with. How does wxConfig handle it if there's an upper case and lower case version of a key in a file (for that matter, how does it handle duplicate keys?) Any chance this could be somewhere in the documentation (apologies if I missed it) I'm using wxFileConfig if that makes any difference Stuart Moore *********************************...

Upper Case/ Lower Case Problem
I've recently been working a lot with the Key board messages, When a key is pressed a system generates a WM_KEYDOWN/ WM_KEYUP message containing the virtual key codes, Scan codes, Ascii codes (If a Character key is pressed), etc. Now the application message loop calls TranslateMessage(), which takes this data and generates a WM_CHAR message, which has actual character produced by the keypress. Now how does it knows whether the character pressed is in Upper Case or Lower case. I am using GetKeyState(VK_CAPITAL) to check for whether the Caps Lock is ON/OFF, when i am giving some...

HTML UPPER case or lower case?
Should HTML 4.01 Strict markup be done in upper case or in lower case? I understand that HTML allows either upper or lower case. I also notice that XHTML apparently requires lower case. However I saw some mention that the HTML DOM uses upper case for markup elements. So, should I worry about what this means? I am inclined to go with lower case, for two reasons. Easier to change if I subsequently want to use XHTML. Easier to type. -- http://www.ericlindsay.com In article <NOSPAmar2005-47EC40.09502615112005@freenews.iinet.net.au>, Eric Lindsay <NOSPAmar2005@e...

Upper Case / Lower Case -- Majuscule / Minuscule
I'm at times amused at the terms we use from day to day to describe type. In particular I am somewhat boggled that most people use the terms "upper case" and "lower case", terms derived from the position of boxes of slugs at a printshop, instead of the much more elegant, at least to me, "majuscule" and "minuscule" which directly refer to the characteristics of the letters themselves. Unfortunately, if I use majuscule and miniscule in conversations most people have no idea what I am talking about. -- James Leo Ryan ..... Austin, Texas ........

ignoring upper case or lower case in sed
Hi, Can sed ignore uppercase and lowercase issue? For example below.. $1 could be "myHouse" or MyhOuse"...etc... sed -i 's/'$1'//g' $2 I want to delete all "myhouse" no matter if uppercase or lowercase. JP kelly <kelly@some.com> writes: > sed -i 's/'$1'//g' $2 > > I want to delete all "myhouse" no matter if uppercase or lowercase. Perl has a "/i" option to ignore case. perl -pe 's/'"$1"'//i;' But for sed, I think it needs an ugly solution. -- Sending unsolicite...

Lower case converted to upper case by UIM
In a UIM menu source, the following code is used to process menu option 11: :MENUI OPTION=11 HELP='OMSDSTM/OPT11H' ACTION='CMD ?EDTF ''/QOpenSys/fxqueue/config/omxfer.cfg''' .&MSG(MNU09C1). When I use option 11 on the menu, the lower case string '/QOpenSys/...' is converted to upper case on the command prompt screen. Because of the case sensitivity of the QOpenSys file system, the file...