Upper & lower case passwords

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am moving to password level 2.  I also want to require at least one
upper and one lower case characher in the password.  Level 2 is not
requiring this.  How can I get these rules to work?

0
Reply kim_kuras (61) 4/29/2005 4:24:30 PM

See related articles to this posting

Kim:

As far as I know, you can't specify case in your password complexity
settings.  You can write a program to verify password complexity, but that
may be more work than you want to do...
This is the way things are in v5r2.. Anybody with v5r3 care to comment?

Cheers,
Jim
<kim_kuras@dartcontainer.com> wrote in message
> I am moving to password level 2.  I also want to require at least one
> upper and one lower case characher in the password.  Level 2 is not
> requiring this.  How can I get these rules to work?

0
Reply jimcoo1 (14) 4/29/2005 4:41:25 PM

Thanks Jim.  Forgot to mention I have several systems at 5.1 and 5.2.
We have written a program which should capture the password rules,
changed QPWDVLDPGM to *REGFAC and attached the profram to exit program
IBM_QSY_VLD_PASSWRD - VLDP0100/  Still doesn't require upper and/or
lower case via the CHGPWD command.  It will let me use upper and lower
case but does not require it.

TIA

0
Reply kim_kuras (61) 4/29/2005 4:55:31 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9055 articles. 12 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Upper & lower case passwords
I am moving to password level 2. I also want to require at least one upper and one lower case characher in the password. Level 2 is not requiring this. How can I get these rules to work? Kim: As far as I know, you can't specify case in your password complexity settings. You can write a program to verify password complexity, but that may be more work than you want to do... This is the way things are in v5r2.. Anybody with v5r3 care to comment? Cheers, Jim <kim_kuras@dartcontainer.com> wrote in message news:1114791870.001968.60070@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I am movin...

lower case to upper case
char* line = "abcd"; How to convert the line to upper case and print? Any option for printf to do this? Thanx Janice wrote: > char* line = "abcd"; > How to convert the line to upper case and print? > Any option for printf to do this? > Thanx > > Not sure if there is a exclusive function in 'C' to do it but tivially you could do: - Get each character one by one from the input array/string. - Check whether the character is lower/upper using 'islower'or 'isupper' functions - If character is upper case, then Add 32 to get it...

from lower case to upper case
Hello, I want to change some words in a file from lower- to uppercase. Here an example: ----- foo1=faax foo2=faay foo3=faaz ----- but i need: FOO1=faax FOO2=faay FOO3=faaz I want to find my foos with a reg. exp. and thats no problem: ^.*= do that To get a word in uppercase i can use veU, but how can I change words found by the reg. exp.? Or with other words: Is it possible to execute a Command on a regular expression? And if, how? Anyone knows? Thanks, Stefan -- Wir, die anderen und ich sind unter <a href="http://www.infojungs.de">www...

Upper case and Lower case issues
There are some layouts in which the "powers that be" demand be in ALL CAPITALS - not only for viewing pleasure, but also on exported text. Setting the text to view all upper is easy. However, if the user has typed in lower case letters, that is what gets exported regardless of what was displayed in the layout. Aside from using an Upper function on every single field - any suggestions on how to have the text actually changed to Upper case? Thanks for any Tips, Tricks or Alcohol you can provide! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- WinXP Pro 64Bit / FMP Adv 8.0v2...

wxConfig and upper case/lower case
Does case matter for wxConfig keys? I'd have thought not, but I'm getting an error when using RenameGroup() to move an upper case version to a lower case version, when there's no lower case version for it to conflict with. How does wxConfig handle it if there's an upper case and lower case version of a key in a file (for that matter, how does it handle duplicate keys?) Any chance this could be somewhere in the documentation (apologies if I missed it) I'm using wxFileConfig if that makes any difference Stuart Moore *********************************...

HTML UPPER case or lower case?
Should HTML 4.01 Strict markup be done in upper case or in lower case? I understand that HTML allows either upper or lower case. I also notice that XHTML apparently requires lower case. However I saw some mention that the HTML DOM uses upper case for markup elements. So, should I worry about what this means? I am inclined to go with lower case, for two reasons. Easier to change if I subsequently want to use XHTML. Easier to type. -- http://www.ericlindsay.com In article <NOSPAmar2005-47EC40.09502615112005@freenews.iinet.net.au>, Eric Lindsay <NOSPAmar2005@e...

Upper Case/ Lower Case Problem
I've recently been working a lot with the Key board messages, When a key is pressed a system generates a WM_KEYDOWN/ WM_KEYUP message containing the virtual key codes, Scan codes, Ascii codes (If a Character key is pressed), etc. Now the application message loop calls TranslateMessage(), which takes this data and generates a WM_CHAR message, which has actual character produced by the keypress. Now how does it knows whether the character pressed is in Upper Case or Lower case. I am using GetKeyState(VK_CAPITAL) to check for whether the Caps Lock is ON/OFF, when i am giving some...

Upper Case / Lower Case -- Majuscule / Minuscule
I'm at times amused at the terms we use from day to day to describe type. In particular I am somewhat boggled that most people use the terms "upper case" and "lower case", terms derived from the position of boxes of slugs at a printshop, instead of the much more elegant, at least to me, "majuscule" and "minuscule" which directly refer to the characteristics of the letters themselves. Unfortunately, if I use majuscule and miniscule in conversations most people have no idea what I am talking about. -- James Leo Ryan ..... Austin, Texas ........

ignoring upper case or lower case in sed
Hi, Can sed ignore uppercase and lowercase issue? For example below.. $1 could be "myHouse" or MyhOuse"...etc... sed -i 's/'$1'//g' $2 I want to delete all "myhouse" no matter if uppercase or lowercase. JP kelly <kelly@some.com> writes: > sed -i 's/'$1'//g' $2 > > I want to delete all "myhouse" no matter if uppercase or lowercase. Perl has a "/i" option to ignore case. perl -pe 's/'"$1"'//i;' But for sed, I think it needs an ugly solution. -- Sending unsolicite...

Lower case converted to upper case by UIM
In a UIM menu source, the following code is used to process menu option 11: :MENUI OPTION=11 HELP='OMSDSTM/OPT11H' ACTION='CMD ?EDTF ''/QOpenSys/fxqueue/config/omxfer.cfg''' .&MSG(MNU09C1). When I use option 11 on the menu, the lower case string '/QOpenSys/...' is converted to upper case on the command prompt screen. Because of the case sensitivity of the QOpenSys file system, the file...

Upper case, lower case, and wind-blowze
Damn, I wade through the PS/2 books, I edit the list, upload all the darned files, then the little problem of case comes up. At least WS_FTP displays the characters in the real upper and lower case... ...

upper case vs lower case account names
My securty group, (Who haven't a clue how to spell unix), are trying to force us to use mixed case account names on our Sun systems. This goes against everything I've ever done in my past 12 years as a unix sysadmin (Solaris, HP, AIX, SCO, Tru64). Does anyone have any suggestions to support my case against it, other than it's just the way things are done? Garry gk@charter.net Garry wrote: > My securty group, (Who haven't a clue how to spell unix), are trying > to force us to use mixed case account names on our Sun systems. This > goes against everything I've ev...

Roman page numbering: upper case or lower case?
By default, roman page numbers in LaTeX appear in lower case. But shouldn't they be capitalized? I mean, I have never seen roman numbers in lower case, apart from LaTeX books. I gave a look at the books I have at home, and noticed that all non- science books have roman page numbers in upper case. Most science books do not, but since they're almost all written in LaTeX, I wonder whethere that's a deliberate choice or whether the editors just didn't bother changing the default setting. What's your opinion? Can anyone check on, say, the Chicago Manual of Style? PS By...

correlation coefficients
Could someone tell me whether I should be using an upper case or lower case "R" when reporting correlation coefficients for univariate analysis? SPSS always uses upper case, but I've read comments elsewhere that it should strictly speaking be lower case (although upper case "R" for multivariate analysis). However, "r" seems to be used for Pearson correlation coefficient, which I always thought was negative or positive - and the SPSS "R" value is always positive (only the standardised beta coefficient can be negative) - so may be I'm inapp...

Regular Expression to Replace UPPER Case Text with lower case text
Is there a way in Regular Expressions to convert a string that is all in upper case - and replace it with it's lower case equivalent? I can do something like ([A-Z][A-Z]+\x?) to match any given word and reference it as \1, however without using programming language lcase or LOWER functions on it - how can I use reg ex to convert the text to it's lower case equivalent?? Thanks - (I use coldfusion but the regular expression syntax is similar) penny wrote: > Is there a way in Regular Expressions to convert a string that is all > in upper case - and replace it with it's lower...

Is there a way to convert lower case text to upper case text in PHP?
Is there a way to convert lower case text to upper case text in PHP? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks <tanas@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fd7fb82.29806940@news.clari.net.au... > Is there a way to convert lower case text to upper case text in PHP? See the PHP page for strtoupper: <http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.strtoupper.php> Christopher Finke On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:33:11 -0600, "Christopher Finke" <christopherfinke@hotmail.usenet.com> wrote: ><tanas@ing.com.au> wrote in message >news:3fd7fb82.29806940@news.clari.net.au... &...

UPPER/lower Case
How do I search for just upper- or just lower-case letters: 1/ in Edit 2/ in StrongEd -- Stewart Goldwater http://janusg.co.nr On 30 Aug, Tony Moore wrote: > S G wrote: >> How do I search for just upper- or just lower-case letters: >> 1/ in Edit > Pass >> 2/ in StrongEd > Search for 'A-Z' or 'a-z' (with single quotes) Thanks, I've got it sussed for Edit now too - it's: [a-x] (Wildcards). I was actually wanting to search a v. large text file for new lines starting with a space and then any lower-case letter. -- Stewart Goldwater http://j...

Upper to lower case
Sorry, the question about whether I was looking for a RiscOS app has disappeared, but the answer is yes! Liz -- Virtual Liz at http://www.v-liz.co.uk Kenya; Tanzania; India; Seychelles Coming RSN: Namibia ...

Changing entire file's content from lower-case to upper-case
Hi all, We use KATE to change a files contents - the lines inside the file - from from lower-case to upper-case. But today it complained about some UTF-8 to UTF-16 conversion and it wouldn't save the file. Anyways, is their a shell command / perl script / vim command that can do this ? iksrazal On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:04:45 -0800, iksrazal wrote: > Hi all, > > We use KATE to change a files contents - the lines inside the file - > from from lower-case to upper-case. But today it complained about some > UTF-8 to UTF-16 conversion and it wouldn't save the file. >...

REQ HELP: Upper Case "C" replaced Lower Case "c" in Table
All the lower case "c" in my database table are now upper case "C" starting in January 2004. All prior data is fine. I just noticed this after installing a Microsoft update patch a couple of days ago. Any ideas what happened, or how to fix? I thought I could change every letter C to lower case, and then change every c that starts a word to an upper case C, but I don't know how to do the second step. Thanks, MHenry It also replaced the p with a P in addition to the c with a C. Hmmm... PC Could this be a virus? Is there some command someone could have accidentally...

Upper to lower case #2
Sorry, to rephrase: (I stupidly posted my original question to a photo group, which explains 1) why someone asked me if I wanted a RiscOS prog, which I thought was a silly question and 2) why I couldn't find the original post here!) Is there an app or prog which automagically changes a large batch of upper case filenames from a PC-generated CDRom back to lower case (for sending to the web) when the files are transferred onto an RPC? TIA Liz -- Virtual Liz at http://www.v-liz.co.uk Kenya; Tanzania; India; Seychelles Coming RSN: Namibia In article <8f02ae1e4c.ri48000239@v-liz.co.uk&g...

regex upper and lower case
Hi! I want to make every thing in the line lower case except want is between "". $ex = "popups.prompt( \" INV_NO_/S\ " + A.INV_NO_ + \"/\" + A.S )"; ending result will be $ex = "popups.prompt( \" INV_NO_/S\ " + a.inv_no_ + \"/\" + a.s )"; Thanks, Jerry Jerry (jpreston@general-steel.com) wrote on MMMMCMLXXX September MCMXCIII in <URL:news:132hd6ffnlv8mfe@corp.supernews.com>: == Hi! == == I want to make every thing in the line lower case except want is between ""...

Convert to upper/lower case
Please forgive the bluntness, but whose boneheaded idea was it to put a "convert to lower case" keyboard shortcut into the IDE of a case-sensitive language? And the default shortcut key is right next to the "indent" shortcut key. All I can say is "Thanks goodness for Ctrl-Z". Seriously though, in a language like Matlab, what's the purpose of such a function. Have any of you found the need to either capitalize or uncapitalize code? "Gary" <grubin698@gmail.com> wrote in message <hr79a0$paa$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Please fo...

upper et lower case
Does anyone know how to convert a simple string in lower ( ou upper ) case ? With awk or sed ? Lo Try this awk '{print toupper($0)}' MagoC "doberls" <l.sionneau@delta-informatique.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:bihqsd$sgo$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net... > Does anyone know how to convert a simple string in lower ( ou upper ) case ? > > With awk or sed ? > > Lo > > You could also use sed. sed 'y/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz/ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ/' or typeset -u (this can produce some surprises if you aren't prepa...

Case/lower/upper in vi
I have a file similar to the below with multiple entries of a similar nature. I want to change /riskops/RISKOPS to /risktss/RISKTSS in one VM command. I can do it easily in two. Just basically the same string with one being lower case and the other being upper case as seen below. From: /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/riskops/RISKOPS/cdump to: /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/risktss/RISKTSS/cdump In article <1f110714-6828-471b-b690-78b9ca538f3d@googlegroups.com>, JAW <jwilliam@aglresources.com> wrote: > >I have a file similar to the below with multiple entri...