Using Iseries Access ODBC Driver with MS ACCESS 2003

When Trying attaching databases into MsAccess2003 using Iseries Access
ODBC Driver (I'm in OS400 v5r2) I get an error message according to
which the duration of connection is too long and so I can't attach the
database although I got the list of the tables in the library I
specified.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance.
0
bbard (1)

The timeout to dispay de data is small.
You need to increase this timeout.
The problem can occur when the tables are very very very (but very) big.
"Bertrand Bard" <bbard@dehon.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> When Trying attaching databases into MsAccess2003 using Iseries Access
> ODBC Driver (I'm in OS400 v5r2) I get an error message according to
> which the duration of connection is too long and so I can't attach the
> database although I got the list of the tables in the library I
> specified.
>
> Can anyone help me ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
rootmad (12)

AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver
I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400. Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 - SQL system error". Can someone help me on this issue? Jean wrote: > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version > 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400. > Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error > "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 - > SQL system error". > > Can someone help me on this issue? > If the connection is successful, you may want to look at the job log on the server (iSeries), which often will contain more detailed information in the form of messages, if the failure is on the server. The server job will have a name of the form nnnnnn/QUSER/QZDASOINIT. On a 5250 ("green screen") command line after connecting from the client, try this to find the job: wrkactjob job(qzda*) Use option 5 (Work with), then option 10 (Display job log), then F10 (Display detailed messages). -- Karl Hanson Jean wrote: > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver&...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

ODBC: How to install Access 2.0-Drivers when Access 2003 is installed
Hi I'm running Windows 2000 and Office 2003. I want to copy tables from an unknown database format into Access 2.0 and I could do it quite easily if it weren't for the fact that recent ODBC-drivers aren't capable of writing into an Access 2.0 database (only reading). I do have the old Access 2.0 disks including odbc-driver, but it doesn't install on my machine (probably because the newer ones are installed...). And yes, I know that updating the Access-database is probably the first thought that everybody has, but it's not practicable in this case. So... how to install Access 2.0-drivers when Access 2003 is installed? Thank you! Stefan Serena You probably can't export it (although I hope somebody else can tell you how to do it) directly into Access 2.0. How about exporting your data into some other format that is readily importable into Access 2.0? Linda <StefanSerena@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137438159.285506.172070@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I'm running Windows 2000 and Office 2003. I want to copy tables from an > unknown database format into Access 2.0 and I could do it quite easily > if it weren't for the fact that recent ODBC-drivers aren't capable of > writing into an Access 2.0 database (only reading). I do have the old > Access 2.0 disks including odbc-driver, but it doesn't install on my > machine (probably because the newer ones are installed...). And yes, I > k...

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

Use Access 97 or Access 2003
I have an Access 97 runtime database in use with over 300 users scattered around the country. I'm planing on an upgrade to the front end in the next 2-3 months. I'd like to use Access 2003 and upgrade all users to Access runtime 2003 especially because of XML support which would be *very* useful in my app. However, many of my users are *not* on Win XP and I understand that my app in A2003 runtime won't run on less than Win XP. So, am I stuck with Access 97 while I wait for all users to upgrade to XP or later before I port Access 2003? - Mark "Mark G. King" <markgking_SpamTrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tNZCb.52552$aT.41948@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > I have an Access 97 runtime database in use with over 300 users scattered > around the country. > I'm planing on an upgrade to the front end in the next 2-3 months. > I'd like to use Access 2003 and upgrade all users to Access runtime 2003 > especially because of XML support which would be *very* useful in my app. > > However, many of my users are *not* on Win XP and I understand that my app > in A2003 runtime won't run on less than Win XP. > So, am I stuck with Access 97 while I wait for all users to upgrade to XP or > later before I port Access 2003? Office XP does NOT require Windows XP. It runs on everything from Win98 SE and above. -- I don't check the Email account attached to this message. Send instead to... RBrandt at ...

Access needs to be installed for me to use MS Access
Hi, Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no then how do I access and wrie to access database? Thanks, Vikas. <vikassah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166161668.556801.183030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I > need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no > then how do I access and wrie to access database? If Access, or the Access runtime (from the developer extensions) is not on the user's machine, then the front-end can be written in a language that supports either DAO or ADO, both of which are available in libraries that are compatible with classic VB (through V6), C++, C#, or VB.NET. There are ther programming languages that can use Windows DLLs, too. Just for the record, though even Microsoft makes the same slip, what you have is _not_ an Access backend, but a Jet database engine backend. DAO support for Jet is available in the "MDAC 5.0" and earlier, and ADO support is available in that, and later versions of MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components). Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP ...

Using the 2002 Access Lib. in Access 2003 .....
Hello, I wrote an .ADP application in Access 2002 and delivered it to the client. They are not due for an upgrade till January and are running Access 2000. They would like to use the Application. The 2002 enviorment was chosen because they will be using Access 2002 for some time after Jan. My app will not run using Access 2000. I have read that you can not use the objects in 2002 in 2000. Any Ideas on how to reference the MSACC.olb (2002 Access object lib) in an 2002 project. Thanks, Chuck ...

Accessing MS-Access from OpenRoad using ActiveX
Hi I'm wanting to conect to an MS-Access MDB file from an OpenRoad program using ActiveX. Can someone tell me the files I need to use/register for Windows XP? Any other help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Darren dharvey911@hotmail.com ...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

[odbc] Retreiving full unicode data using Access ODBC driver.
I am building a Blog for my own person use, and I would like to be able to use unicode characters outside the range of the ascii set. However, when I use odbc to access table data, Access returns question marks in the place of the character data. Is there any way to set the default encoding of access to "UTF-8," or, alternatively, is there an odbc connection string that I could use to connect to my database that would specify UTF-8 as the encoding? It would also be acceptable to use any other encoding that allowed Access to pass all data through the connection. Hopefully, John "Otac0n" Gietzen On 12 Jan 2006 21:41:35 -0800, SpoonfulofTactic@gmail.com wrote: >I am building a Blog for my own person use, and I would like to be able >to use unicode characters outside the range of the ascii set. However, >when I use odbc to access table data, Access returns question marks in >the place of the character data. > >Is there any way to set the default encoding of access to "UTF-8," or, >alternatively, is there an odbc connection string that I could use to >connect to my database that would specify UTF-8 as the encoding? It >would also be acceptable to use any other encoding that allowed Access >to pass all data through the connection. > >Hopefully, >John "Otac0n" Gietzen Are you talking about a web frontend connecting to an Acess (ie JET) database, or an Access frontend talking to an eg Oracle or S...

MS Access ODBC Driver
I need to export MySQL data to Access. As always, there seems to be more than one way to do this. I notice that PHP has: DB.php If I was doing this in perl, there would be an ODBC driver (DBD::ODBC). Is there such a thing in PHP? Can this play well with DBO? I see some commercial driver products, but my needs are modest as I'm not using any of Accesses special features, whatever those might be! Jeff In article <8cWdnZ0uWcbRty3VnZ2dnUVZ_uKdnZ2d@earthlink.com>, Jeff <jeff@spam_me_not.com> wrote: > I need to export MySQL data to Access. > > As always, there seems to be more than one way to do this. > > I notice that PHP has: DB.php > > If I was doing this in perl, there would be an ODBC driver > (DBD::ODBC). Is there such a thing in PHP? Can this play well with DBO? > > I see some commercial driver products, but my needs are modest as I'm > not using any of Accesses special features, whatever those might be! > > Jeff Why not use phpMyAdmin and export to a CSV file? AFAIK, Access can read that just fine. I see no need to output directly to Access. Use an intermediate file. -- DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee... [I filter all Goggle Groups posts, so any reply may be automatically by ignored] ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff" <jeff@spam_me_not.com> Newsgroups: comp.lang.php Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:18 PM S...

Enabling an Access 97 database for use with Access 2003
We have an Access 97 database app that we'd like to enable (not convert) for Access 2003. We still have users running 97 and are not prepared to upgrade everyone who uses this database to the 2003 version yet. We're getting an error message when we try to do this which reads as follows: "There were compilation errors during the conversion or enabling of this database. The database has not been saved in a compiled state. The performance of this database will be impaired because Microsoft Access will need to recompile the database for each session." The MS Knowledgebase doesn't provide much guidance on this issue. Because we cannot enable the database for 2003, the 2003 users cannot get into the database while 97 users are logged into it (this is unacceptable). Anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in advance for any help. Terry Block "Terry Block" <tblock@ncia.net> wrote in message news:JwO0c.14$iE3.11958@monger.newsread.com... > We have an Access 97 database app that we'd like to enable (not convert) for > Access 2003. We still have users running 97 and are not prepared to upgrade > everyone who uses this database to the 2003 version yet. We're getting an > error message when we try to do this which reads as follows: > > "There were compilation errors during the conversion or enabling of this > database. The database has not been saved in a compiled state. The >...

Accessing Access

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb" Then compact the database to get rid of this junk: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair Although Access 2002 and 2003 share the same file format, each version of Access creates a different binary for the compiled code. What it's supposed to do it automatically discard the 2003 binary when you open the database in A2002, and create the new binary on the fly. In practice, this doesn't always work. The decompile explicitly discarding the binary, which usually solves the problem. This issue is common enough that IMHO, it is always worth decompiling when switching version, especially when reverting to an earlier version. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, r...

MS Access: ODBC or NO ODBC
Hi, I have two MS Access 2000 databases on my desktop. I need the data from both. I use the following code to read a table from the first db: PROC IMPORT OUT=table1 DATATABLE ="table1" DBMS = ACCESS2000 REPLACE; DATABASE="C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\db1.mdb"; RUN; This works fine. For my second database, using the same code but changing the file/table names, I get the following error: ERROR: Open cursor: ODBC--connection to 'DB2' failed. ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details. When do I need to use ODBC and when do I not need it for reading Access databases? Is there some attribute of the 2nd database that I can change so that I don't require ODBC? Thanks, EP ...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

No access to .dbf files in access 97 after installing access 2003
Hello, I need to maintain an access97 database that is linked to dbf's, but after having installed access 2003, when I try to link a .dbf file to an access97 database, I only have access and odbc when the dialog box to choose the external table comes up. I tried going to control panel and change my office 97 setup. When I go to the data access option, dbf is grayed out with a checkmark in it and it states that dbf access is already installed. Yet, I don't have access to that option when trying to link my dbf table to the access97 database. Any way to get that option back on? Thanks! ...

problem accessing access 97 database through odbc on windows 2003 sp1
Hello, We have a legacy application which relies on an Access 97 database (upgrading is nog an option atm). As we are setting up a new server (Windows 2003), we started experiencing problems running that application after installing all required updates (Windows, Office, ..) It did work before updating, with a basic OS + application installation. Somewhere an update dit break things, but we do not know which one. Now for the problem. When starting the application, following error is returned: --------------------------- ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed --------------------------- Cannot open a database created with a previous version of your application. --------------------------- OK Cancel --------------------------- OK let's you choose another mdb (not an option) and CANCEL fails the app, which is the problem :-) Current versions: * JET version: 4.0.6305.00 - not sure which this is, it's more recent than JET 4 SP8 which is the lates I can download separately. * Office 2000 SR1 with latest updates * MDAC 2.8 SP2 ON WINDOWS SERVER 2003 SP1 (2.82)(ComponentChecker 2.0) What we tried so far, to no good: * http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q310804 * http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310937 * downgrading MDAC, which is seems useless (has no effects on file versions + no relation to odbc?) * downgrading JET 4 (by manually replacing odbcjt32.dll in system32 and system32/dllcache) * Googled to death on the matt...

Web resources about - Using Iseries Access ODBC Driver with MS ACCESS 2003 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Using FalconStor VTL as a Backup Target for IBM i (iSeries)
For too long, the standard method of backing up IBM i (AS/400) systems has been with a locally attached tape drive or library. The result is ...

App Store - TN5250
... more about TN5250 on the App Store. Download TN5250 and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The AS/400 - also called the "IBM iSeries," ...

LAMP (software bundle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... the same software suite ( AMP ) running on other operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows ( WAMP ), Mac OS ( MAMP ), Solaris (SAMP), iSeries ...

Resources - Ajaxian
... out a way to dynamically update a view each time it is visited. I... IE 8 Crashing Problem Hello Everyone,Here\'s the situation:two iSeries ...

Alien Technology - Partners - Vars & System Integrators
Alien is partnered with system integrators and resellers to optimize the integration of RFID solutions with enterprise software and hardware ...

Telecom News, Telecom Companies, Telecom Industry - Fierce Telecom
FierceTelecom is the leading telecom news source for Telcos and telecom industry insiders. Get updated on top telecom companies, NGN, WiMAX, ...

Sr. Informatica Developer
Sr. Informatica Developer job in Scottsdale, Arizona, US. Read the Sr. Informatica Developer job description and find other Kforce Inc jobs at ...

AS400 Iseries
If you are looking to create jobs that you need to run at specified days or times on a regular basis on your as400 then your need to be using ...

Bytware ::: MessengerConsole ::: Monitoring, Notification, and Multiple System Management for IBM i
... Inc. is an automated monitoring, notification, and consoling solution designed to help you manage your IBM Power System, System i, iSeries, ...

IBM expands flexible computing plan
Big Blue plans to add muscle to its on-demand computing push Thursday, with the debut of several efforts designed to help it defend its position ...