WAS 6 on AS400

I am running WAS 6.0.2.17 on as400 v5r4

Does anyone know any performance-enhancing tweaks for WAS on this platform?

Thanks
Jim

0
jimcoo1 (14)

"Jim F Cooke" <jimcoo@allstream.net> wrote in

> I am running WAS 6.0.2.17 on as400 v5r4
>
> Does anyone know any performance-enhancing tweaks for WAS on this
> platform?
>
> Thanks
> Jim

in the *ADMIN server try the Web Performance Advisor

--
Ad,

What's The Use Of Getting Sober
(When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again)
0
noemail8635 (124)
11/4/2007 10:20:06 AM
"Jim F Cooke" <jimcoo@allstream.net> wrote in

> I am running WAS 6.0.2.17 on as400 v5r4
>
> Does anyone know any performance-enhancing tweaks for WAS on this
> platform?
>
> Thanks
> Jim

WAS 6.1 with 32 bits JVM should give better performance

--
Ad,

What's The Use Of Getting Sober
(When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again)
0
noemail8635 (124)
11/4/2007 10:21:15 AM
I don't want to change releases, just tweak a few settings

Thanks,
Jim

"Ad" <noemail@spam.com> wrote in message
> "Jim F Cooke" <jimcoo@allstream.net> wrote in
>
> > I am running WAS 6.0.2.17 on as400 v5r4
> >
> > Does anyone know any performance-enhancing tweaks for WAS on this
> > platform?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jim
> >

> WAS 6.1 with 32 bits JVM should give better performance
>
> --
> Ad,
>
> What's The Use Of Getting Sober
> (When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again)

0
jimcoo1 (14)
11/5/2007 5:30:44 PM
Do you already have a dedicated memory pool assigned to WAS? In my
experience (with earlier WAS versions), not doing that significantly
impacts performance.

0
walker.l2 (588)
11/8/2007 10:36:35 AM
Be sure to have all the recent group PTF's, particularly for Java, IBM
HTTP Server, and TCP/IP. The Java PTF's especially.

Depending upon your system, you may wish to run WAS in its own memory
pool. If you typically have batch programs consume unpredictable
amounts of memory, especially. Remember that 64bit WAS consumes 64 bit
memory registers and therefore needs more memory than a 32 bit system.

Be sure to front end your WAS environment with an HTTP server,
preferably on a separate physical machine. IHS is built on Apache and
its HTTP engine is much more efficient than WAS' HTTP engine. It can
cache many of your static files and therefore offload that work from
WAS.

Other tweaks beyond that tend to be more specific to the applications
you are running on them. This can include tweaking dynamic caching,
and updating JVM settings.

I've got more on my blog

-Kenny Smith
blog: http://thejavablues.blogspot.com
woodsmith <woodsmithkenny@gmail.com> writes:

> Be sure to front end your WAS environment with an HTTP server,
> preferably on a separate physical machine. IHS is built on Apache and
> its HTTP engine is much more efficient than WAS' HTTP engine. It can
> cache many of your static files and therefore offload that work from
> WAS.

I know that in the bad old days Java was slow enough that it needed all
the help it could get, but I was wondering if this is still true.

Do you have actual measurements that indicate that this is still
necessary with a modern JVM?  (Either the classic or the new 32 bit in
V5R4?).

We are getting quite acceptable performance with Jetty 6 in the classic
JVM for small to medium loads.  Unfortunately the JITC compiler still
give a rather longish warm-up time but it helps to deploy exploded
WARs.
--
  Thorbj�rn Ravn Andersen
0

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

Walk in Drive in IBM Bangalore for AS400 Testers on 6 Jan 2011
Hi, Synova(End Client IBM) is looking for AS400 testers for Bangalore location. Note: 1) Those who can attend face to face interview with IBM on 6 Jan 2011 can submit their CV=92s 2) Those who appeared for IBM interview in the past 6 months will not be considered. Position: AS400 tester Date and time: 6th jan 2011 from 9.30 to 12.30 P.M Location: IBM , Bangalore Skills: AS400 Tester should have 3 + yrs of relevant experience. They should have Manuall testing, Basic Operations , knowledge of DB2 & SQL Candidate should able to do F2F on Thursday, should have excellent communication skills and technical skills. If interested, please submit profiles with the following details: Full Name : Contact number : Alternate contact number : Current Company: Total Exp: Relevant Exp: Take home salary per month: Expected Take home salary per month: Current Location: Notice Peroid: Note: Candidate must join within 15-20 days (Mandatory) Thanks and Regards UMA Reliance Global Services uma@relianceglobal.com 040-66666165/156 Ext:226 www.relianceglobal.com ...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Clarion 6 / Ado / As400
Hi, I am trying to use Clarion 6 with IBM AS400 via ADO (OLE DB). At th end of importing a file description from the AS400, it causes a GP error producing this C60LOG.TXT : Error: General Protection Fault C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60RUN.DLL 2f:1072 C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ADO.DLL 5:0e15 C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ADO.DLL 5:1499 C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60DSI.DLL 8:188e C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60DSI.DLL 7:0888 C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60DSI.DLL 7:13c5 C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ADOS.DLL 5:0236 C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ADO.DLL 4:0322 C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ADO.DLL 4:037c C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ADO.DLL 6:1243 C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60RUN.DLL 3a:0e52 C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60RUN.DLL 3a:0e97 C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60RUN.DLL 3a:0e6d C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ADM.DLL 48:676e C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ADM.DLL 44:22ce C:\CLARION6\BIN\C60ADM.DLL 3d:190b ---------------------------------- Is there anyone who has already experimented that ? or found an solution ? I have already tried with ODBC. I found only 1 (one) ODBC driver tha seems to be efficient to make Clarion and AS400 work together - La ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > A quick google search didn't show much in the way of DB2 ODBC drivers for Mac, but there's an odbc-to-jdbc bridge product that may be helpful: http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Kaj Julius wrote: > http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ > (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Thank you Kaj, I will take a look. -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Does IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux?
Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which distribution is available? Al Al Bogner wrote: > Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which > distribution is available? The following shows the which models support Linux. http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/pdfs/guide.pdf ...

Microsoft uses IBM AS400's for development.
Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work space. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on > a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that > it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be > rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse > the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most > people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work > space. MS developers are using Win 2k3 and Win 2k8 servers as development machines too and not PC(s), with VMware. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: Plonk "Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda" <fadlullah.jonnalagadda@gmail.com> wrote in message news:60deb8d3-5599-48d8-8667-6734e37a756b@31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. ...

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to find a utility to reformat them. HTH, Charles In article <3fr4h0hqcq8dpeibqkmac7cv9ilm85oupt@4ax.com>, reply@here.org says... > i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 > server. > > i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a > generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . > > they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive > ( ie. formatting) > > are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? > > is it the drive microcode ? > > am i out of luck on these drives ? > > drive cage = type 6713 > ibm FRU = 59H6611 > drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) > thank you , i`ll look into that - drives seem to stop responding after adaptec bios format utility is attempted - led activity indicator goes off - no writing noise ibm/hitachi ...

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, but I am kind of desperate. I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido Guido Spadotto wrote: > Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, > but I am kind of desperate. > > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > > I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access > this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc > connections. > > Thank you for your help and patience, Hi Guido, I've used DB2 Connect to connect to an AS400 via PHP on a Linux machine. I haven't tried it on my Mac, but it's conceivable that it could be installed on OS X via the terminal. Might be worth a look. Other than that... maybe Rumba (from NetManage) running in Virtual PC? -- David Hennessy http://david.maidix.com/ I wish I could help you, but I am--alas--not a Mac expert. I do like the combination of the innovation of a MAC with the only single level store, truly object oriented OS ever made commercially viable. Have a look at this produ...

Auction: IBM AS400 Model 9402/F04 Midrange Computer
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-AS400-Model-9402-F04-Midrange-Computer_W0QQitemZ280034992240QQihZ018QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Oct-11-06 06:48:09 PDT Item location: Schaumburg, IL, United States What could be done with this unit? It is in Schaumburg, and I'll be passing through on Saturday. Louis Ohland wrote: > What could be done with this unit? It is in Schaumburg, and I'll be > passing through on Saturday. Overall, I'd say "not much". The 9402-F04 is one of the older AS/400 models, and I always considered OS/400 a pain to use and administer. The tape drive is nothing special, the "best" use for this machine would be as a replacement for a failing unit or as a parts donor. At $100 starting bid, I'd say that you should put your money into something else, there are much better models to pick from if you want a "personal AS/400". Rick Ekblaw ...

IBM Infoprin 1130 stampe as400 (msg x OBELIX)
Ciao a chiunque legga!!! Allora io ho un cliente con un sistema AS400 e una stampante IBM infoprint 1130 munita di cassetto aggiuntivo. Ora come devo configurare le 2 sessioni client access in modo da avere: PRTA=>stampa su cassetto normale PRTB=>stampa su cassetto aggiuntivo utilizzando cmq la stessa stampante? Grazie per l'interessamento!!!! "davidino" <tomomot@katamail.com> wrote in message news:48e87dd8.0404160539.770f2afa@posting.google.com... > Ciao a chiunque legga!!! > > Allora io ho un cliente con un sistema AS400 e una stampante IBM > infoprint 1130 munita di cassetto aggiuntivo. > Ora come devo configurare le 2 sessioni client access in modo da > avere: PRTA=>stampa su cassetto normale > PRTB=>stampa su cassetto aggiuntivo > > utilizzando cmq la stessa stampante? > > Grazie per l'interessamento!!!! Try something we can read. Might help..... Knibbel ...

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, but I am kind of desperate. I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

FTP Problem from AS400 to Windows server 2003 IIS 6.0
Hello, we use to transfert files from AS400 to Windows server 2003 and it works fine with files size <= 1 meg. But sometimes we have to transfert files size between 10 to 20 megs. It works very well, it means it transfered the data but we never receive the confirmation from the remote host ( server window 2003 )here is the log : "Enter an FTP subcommand. put mebug mebugp (file size 1 meg) 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,129,113,249,19,142). 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting. 226 Transfer complete. 920808 bytes transferred in 4.904 seconds. Transfer rate 187.755 KB Enter an FTP subcommand. put mesoup mesoup(file size is 16meg) 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,129,113,249,19,143). 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting. No response from remote host; all connections closed." What we must do!!!! please Look at your CHGFTPA settings. Also, are these bat files your running or some kind of script, does it have delays in it maybe. ...

Auction: IBM 6157-002 TAPE DRIVE FOR RS6000 and AS400 BACKUP
http://search.ebay.com/190099027288 End time: Apr-08-07 18:49:16 PDT ...

Messages blocked in mail.box [Domino 6.0.1] (on AS400)
Hi everybody, Since yesterday, all our messages (send or received) are blocked in mail.box. I ended and restarted our server but we have the same problem. We have no failure raison in mail.box. What can we do ? Thanks in advance. TD. Do you have the router and smtp tasks running. At the Domino console: show tasks load router load smtp What does it say about the load router & load smtp? John Aylmer "TD" <TD@nospam.com> wrote in message news:cgmtfb$4a2$1@s5.feed.news.oleane.net... > Hi everybody, > > Since yesterday, all our messages (...

Web resources about - WAS 6 on AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

AS400 Iseries
If you are looking to create jobs that you need to run at specified days or times on a regular basis on your as400 then your need to be using ...

India Jobs Network
Job Posts Search Hire Recruit Candidates Profile Resume CV HeadHunters HR Sourcing Recruitment Consultants Recruiters requirements Jobs firm ...

Operating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An operating system ( OS ) is a set of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs . ...

Software industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The software industry includes businesses for development , maintenance and publication of software that are using any business model. The industry ...

摄影器材资料馆 - Leica中文摄影论坛 专业中文摄影社区
Leica 关于 Leica 中文站 论坛首页 最新主题列表 最新回复列表 专业认证版块 认证会员摄影作品展专区 认证会员器材交流专区 认证会员摄影讨论专区 中文摄影论坛 摄影器材资料馆 技术互助讨论区 摄影器材专卖店 中文站办公室 注册 找回密码 登录 在线会员总数 注册会员总数 ...

Manager Business Process Support / CT8225
Manager Business Process Support / CT8225 job in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, US. Read the Manager Business Process Support / CT8225 job description ...

Attunity Integration Technology Forum
Attunity Integration Technology Forum. To find out about Attunity, go to http://www.attunity.com/ .

AS400, iSeries, IBM Free BCD Software Download Trials for Web App Development and BI
The IBM i and PC software products you will download are fully functioning versions of our software, complete with manuals. Free Trials, purchased ...

iDevelop: Cloud
The thoughts and musings of Jon Paris and Susan Gantner, two traveling System i application development evangelists. Topics include RPG, PHP ...