Web data to AS400

Yes I still call it an AS400.  I have someone who as home grown
software and a website hosted by someone else.  He wants to be able to
get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to
do it.  I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done,
but I am exploring all options.  They have a website programmer, but
no AS400 programmer.  The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well
and they are on V5R1.  I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming
and then some.

What would be an easy way to get this information to the system?

Thanking any suggestions,

I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group.

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

"Chad White" <chadwhite12@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes I still call it an AS400.  I have someone who as home grown
> software and a website hosted by someone else.  He wants to be able to
> get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to
> do it.  I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done,
> but I am exploring all options.  They have a website programmer, but
> no AS400 programmer.  The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well
> and they are on V5R1.  I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming
> and then some.
>
> What would be an easy way to get this information to the system?
>
> Thanking any suggestions,
>
> I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group.

We do this using an MS aspx .net website & MS SQL with DTS using client
access ODBC drivers. I expect that PHP could be made to use the CA ODBC to
send data to & from the as400. Failing that you can use say csv files ftpd
from/to the as400 & use cpyfrm/toimpf to get the data into/from as400. We
also use this technique but with a 2nd pc between the as400 & the outside
world for secirity. Only the FTP ports on the staging pc are open so each
side uses ftp. You might try similar staging with the odbc maybe through an
mysql server.

--
Jonathan

On Tue, 4 May 2010 11:41:41 +0100, jonathan bailey wrote:
> "Chad White" <chadwhite12@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yes I still call it an AS400.  I have someone who as home grown
>> software and a website hosted by someone else.  He wants to be able to
>> get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to
>> do it.  I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done,
>> but I am exploring all options.  They have a website programmer, but
>> no AS400 programmer.  The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well
>> and they are on V5R1.  I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming
>> and then some.
>>
>> What would be an easy way to get this information to the system?
>>
>> Thanking any suggestions,
>>
>> I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group.
>>

> We do this using an MS aspx .net website & MS SQL with DTS using client
> access ODBC drivers. I expect that PHP could be made to use the CA ODBC to
> send data to & from the as400.

It can. PHP can also be built against DB2 CLI libraries roughly the
same way it can against MySQL client libraries and then you've got a
(rather shakey) native-ish connection. (Zend (in cooperation with IBM)
does or did distribute a package for a couple of common OSs that had the
DB/400-specific stuff all built in, which was rather more solid, but you
were obviously limited to the small feature set that they decided to
build that php installation with enabled.)

> Failing that you can use say csv files ftpd from/to the as400 & use
> cpyfrm/toimpf to get the data into/from as400. We also use this
> technique but with a 2nd pc between the as400 & the outside world for
> secirity.

I don't think you're gaining much putting a PC between the outside
world and a i machine. It's FAR easier to gain unauthorized access to a
machine running Windows or linux than it is for an i running at seclevel
30 or better.

--
You can lead an idiot to knowledge but you cannot make him think.  You
can, however, rectally insert the information, printed on stone
On May 3, 6:41=A0pm, Chad White <chadwhit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I still call it an AS400. =A0I have someone who as home grown
> software and a website hosted by someone else. =A0He wants to be able to
> get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to
> do it. =A0I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done,
> but I am exploring all options. =A0They have a website programmer, but
> no AS400 programmer. =A0The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well
> and they are on V5R1. =A0I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming
> and then some.
>
> What would be an easy way to get this information to the system?
>
> Thanking any suggestions,
>
> I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group.

If you know some RPGLE, you might want to check out CGIDEV at www.easy400.n=
et.
I did some cool stuff withthat back in the day.  I think it evens
comes with an example of taking keyed in data from a webpage and
writing it to a 400 file.
0
thad_rizzi (231)
5/4/2010 5:23:06 PM
On May 4, 10:23=A0am, Thad Rizzi <thad_ri...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On May 3, 6:41=A0pm, Chad White <chadwhit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes I still call it an AS400. =A0I have someone who as home grown
> > software and a website hosted by someone else. =A0He wants to be able t=
> > get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to
> > do it. =A0I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done,
> > but I am exploring all options. =A0They have a website programmer, but
> > no AS400 programmer. =A0The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well
> > and they are on V5R1. =A0I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programmin=
> > and then some.
>
> > What would be an easy way to get this information to the system?
>
> > Thanking any suggestions,
>
> > I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group.
>
> If you know some RPGLE, you might want to check out CGIDEV atwww.easy400.=
net.
> I did some cool stuff withthat back in the day. =A0I think it evens
> comes with an example of taking keyed in data from a webpage and
> writing it to a 400 file.

http://www.easy400.net/cgidev/pdfs/About_HTTP_directives_for_CGIDEV2.pdf
0
thad_rizzi (231)
5/4/2010 5:27:12 PM
I'd look at having a PHP app on the website do stored procedure calls and pass
the order data on the calls.  You could even register RPG programs as external
stored procedures.

Chad White wrote:
> Yes I still call it an AS400.  I have someone who as home grown
> software and a website hosted by someone else.  He wants to be able to
> get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to
> do it.  I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done,
> but I am exploring all options.  They have a website programmer, but
> no AS400 programmer.  The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well
> and they are on V5R1.  I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming
> and then some.
>
> What would be an easy way to get this information to the system?
>
> Thanking any suggestions,
>
> I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group.

--
Kent Milligan
ISV Enablement - System i
On May 5, 10:13=A0am, Kent Milligan <km...@magnaspeed.net> wrote:
> I'd look at having a PHP app on the website do stored procedure calls and=
 pass
> the order data on the calls. =A0You could even register RPG programs as e=
xternal
> stored procedures.
>

> Chad White wrote:
> > Yes I still call it an AS400. =A0I have someone who as home grown
> > software and a website hosted by someone else. =A0He wants to be able t=
> > get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to
> > do it. =A0I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done,
> > but I am exploring all options. =A0They have a website programmer, but
> > no AS400 programmer. =A0The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well
> > and they are on V5R1. =A0I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programmin=
> > and then some.
>
> > What would be an easy way to get this information to the system?
>
> > Thanking any suggestions,
>
> > I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group.
>
> --
> Kent Milligan
> ISV Enablement - System i
> km...@us.eye-bee-m.com (spam trick) =A0 GO HAWKEYES!!
> =A0>>> ibm.com/iseries/db2
> (opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer)- Hide quoted t=
ext -

Is PHP available for V5R1?
0
thad_rizzi (231)
5/6/2010 6:39:46 PM
On Thu, 6 May 2010 11:39:46 -0700 (PDT), Thad Rizzi wrote:

> Is PHP available for V5R1?

Not really. V5R4 is about as low as what passes for a contemporary
version of PHP is available from a packaged installation. If your PASE
is up, running, and has a good suite of Gnu-based tools working on it,
you *may* be able to roll your own from the source code. But most people
would consider that route A Challenge.

And remember, V5R1 has been out of support for a half-decade now. It's
a great reason to push for an upgrade to something still getting PTFs...

--
2. My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.
hellsop (974)
On May 6, 2:39=A0pm, Thad Rizzi <thad_ri...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On May 5, 10:13=A0am, Kent Milligan <km...@magnaspeed.net> wrote:

> > I'd look at having a PHP app on the website do stored procedure calls a=
nd pass
> > the order data on the calls. =A0You could even register RPG programs as=
 external
> > stored procedures.

> Is PHP available for V5R1?

If I understand the situation correctly, the Web site is not on the AS/
400, but needs to talk to the AS/400.  If this is correct, then it
really doesn't matter whether PHP is available on the AS/400.

We have a similar setup, where our Web site runs on some flavor of
Linux but our main system is an AS/400 (V5R2).  We have various Web
services that use Java on the AS/400, though I would think an RPG-
based solution would have better performance.  I think CGIDEV2 (as you
mentioned) is probably the best bet for people comfortable with RPG
who need to write code that lives on the AS/400.  Code that lives on
the Web site can be in whatever other language.

Veering a bit off-topic, if you want an easy-to-use language on the AS/
400 (along the lines of PHP), you could try Python.  I have been using
iSeries Python 2.3.3 successfully and happily for quite some time now,
and its home page even has sample code to set up your own RPC server
on the AS/400, which could in principle be used for communication with
an external Web site.  (I have tried this, just as an exercise.  It
works, but we don't use it in production.)

John
The PHP ToolKit for IBM i (Easycom For PHP), is available also for Windows
and Linux PHP servers, connected to AS/400. It is available for V5R1.
You don't need to install PHP on the AS/400. Only a standard PHP
distribution on Windows or linux.
Easycom For PHP provides database access, program and procedure call, stored
procedures, ... A PHP programmer with no AS/400 skill will find all he
needs.
Go to http://www.easycom-aura.com

Sylvain

"Chad White" <chadwhite12@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
3a886508-1295-4ca1-bffb-b62576d2f863@a21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
> Yes I still call it an AS400.  I have someone who as home grown
> software and a website hosted by someone else.  He wants to be able to
> get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to
> do it.  I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done,
> but I am exploring all options.  They have a website programmer, but
> no AS400 programmer.  The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well
> and they are on V5R1.  I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming
> and then some.
>
> What would be an easy way to get this information to the system?
>
> Thanking any suggestions,
>
> I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group.

0
srubele (8)

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 Data Access from a Windows 2K web server
I need to create an order inquiry application that will run on our website. The application will need to join information from our AS400 with data from the SQL Server 2000 database we use for most of our web applications. This is our first application that will be accessing the AS400 to retrieve information, and the method used will be the basis for all future applications of this type. So, it is important that we use the best option available. Our website is hosted on Windows 2000 Servers using ASP pages written with VBScript and served using IIS. The only database we currently use on the website is a SQL Server 2000 database. We use COM+ objects written in VB to perform most database access although we do use ADODB connections directly in the ASP pages at times. From the research I have done so far, it appears the best method is to create stored procedures on the AS400 that will be used via an ADODB connection from the web pages or COM+ objects. I would appreciate any advice you may have. Hi Evan, You don't need stored procedures. You can run SQL against an AS/400 database almost the same as against an SQL Server 2000 database. The only restriction is that you have to install Client Access on the server. You even can run AS/400 commands if you like. If you need some samples let me know. Regards, Jan "Evan" <ebinri@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:7bb05a90.0407140342.4914dab5@posting.google.com... > I need to create an order inquiry app...

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400/ WEB DEVELOPER
OMNI GROUP tgugger@buckeye-express.com 419-380-8853 Programmer/Analyst---AS400---Web Development---Career Position---W MI This is a career position with an excellent company. Full benefits and opportunity for advancement are offered. Position: a.. Programmer/Analyst Experience: a.. Required: a.. Full web development experience a.. HTML, Javascript, CGI programming, style sheets, page design b.. Some experience on iSeries / AS400 with web deployment a.. Prefer 3-5 years on iSeries / AS400 c.. Some experience in RPGILE programming a.. Prefer 3-5 years including experience in the ILE Environment d.. Communication with users to gather requirements and architect a solution to meet the needs. b.. Bonus experience: a.. WebSphere Development Studio Client (WDSC) b.. XML c.. SSL d.. SQL The person filling this position will be part of a team that supports multiple applications in a client-centric company. It will include working on a number of Internet projects to be hosted on an iSeries (i5) server. If interested and qualified answer the seven questions below. Email answers WITH a resume to: tgugger@buckeye-express.com. 1.. AS400 experience-------------------yrs...

Archiving AS400 data
I have just implemented an ERP in a small manufacturing company and we no longer have any applications running on our AS400. However we do need to keep certain information from the AS400 available for seven years. The key manufacturing application on the AS400 was a modified BPICS app. My question is... what sort of solutions are available to archive this data? Can it be transferred to a server and accessed by a reporting tool? Should we move it to service provider? Should we keep the AS400 plugged (unplugged) for the next seven years?....etc. Is the data DB2/UDB? What sort of data tools do you you have on your new platform? You could extract the data to another platform. However, to make any sense out of it would require programming. If your company has been audited on a regular basis, the audit reports should suffice for the seven years. The working papers are used to support the audited financials not live data. Dick J (AZ) Larry wrote: > I have just implemented an ERP in a small manufacturing company and we > no longer have any applications running on our AS400. However we do > need to keep certain information from the AS400 available for seven > years. The key manufacturing application on the AS400 was a modified > BPICS app. My question is... what sort of solutions are available to > archive this data? Can it be transferred to a server and accessed by > a reporting tool? Should we move it to service provider? Should we > keep...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Web Servers and AS400
Just curious of the groups current thinking regarding running the Web Server layer (WebSphere, Apache,Tomcat, etc??) on the AS/400 versus a separate box. I am really looking at 2 boxes (possibly firewalled apart) here not an embedded Linux on 400 solution which I would still consider to be a single box solution. As an extension, I am also keen to see, in the 2 box scenario, how many people call Java service/apps on the AS/400 or host the Java layer on the second box and call the AS/400 solely for it's database storage. Of course, anyone running a separate IIS server (or other??) could respond to this second option as well as it really is a similar architectual configuration (i.e. utilising the AS/400 for database activities only). RJ. I've had no problem running it on the same box as other apps. The only time I see it pays to split it up is if you need the resousrces for web apps vs. other apps. Then data replication/access becomes the problem. DBDriver wrote: > Just curious of the groups current thinking regarding running the Web Server > layer (WebSphere, Apache,Tomcat, etc??) on the AS/400 versus a separate box. > > I am really looking at 2 boxes (possibly firewalled apart) here not an > embedded Linux on 400 solution which I would still consider to be a single > box solution. > > As an extension, I am also keen to see, in the 2 box scenario, how many > people call Java service/apps on the AS/400 or host the Java layer on ...

Serveur Web et as400
Bonjour, je cherche des infos sur comment faire une connexion web avec un as400, quel config il faut. Je dois faire un site web qui prends les donn�es sur un as400. merci d'avance fab bonjour fab: Voici des liens interesantes http://www.easy400.net/tcpcfgs http://www-922.ibm.com/cgidev2o/biblio.htm http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/books/c4154204.pdf et des produits qui peut vous aider http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/services/assets/ebus_cgisrv.html http://www.easy400.net/easy400p/easy400p02.html http://www.bcdsoftware.com/products.htm#Apps http://www.profoundlogic.com/ http://www.rpgxtools.com/ example de mon site http://as400.liberty-i.net/CgiDevExt/index.html bon chance martin Try also www.icebreak.info Regards, Agent Data Bent Ronne ...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

browser access to as400 data
how do I secure browser access to as400 data? Should the user be logging onto the website which provides access to data on the as400? No doubt, but what should the user name and password be? If the user logs on with an as400 user name and password, how do you prevent the password from being transmitted thru the web, from the browser to the web server? The web server in this case is a windows xp PC with IIS installed. The usage has, to date, been limited to users behind the firewall. Now there is a need for users in another location to access this internal web server. thanks, If you use an HTTPS connection (instead of plain HTTP), there should be no issues with visible passwords. Whether the user authenticates as a Windows user to the webserver, or as an AS/400 user to the underlying database, or whether Single-Sign- On should be used (authenticating to Windows and AS/400 with the same credentials) is difficult to say without more information about your situation. On Sep 22, 11:28=A0am, "walker.l2" <walker...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote: > If you use an HTTPS connection (instead of plain HTTP), there should > be no issues with visible passwords. > > Whether the user authenticates as a Windows user to the webserver, or > as an AS/400 user to the underlying database, or whether Single-Sign- > On should be used (authenticating to Windows and AS/400 with the same > credentials) is difficult to say without more information about your > situa...

as400 data modelling tool
hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name. Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400? ERwin has some support for AS/400 (ie, System i), but they don't support all the latest features. You might consider Rational Data Architect v7, I believe you can download a free trial from their website. ibcarolek wrote: > hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly > have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data > modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the > column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name. > Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for > friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are > tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the > picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400? > -- Kent Milligan ISV Enablement - System i kmill@us.eye-bee-m.com (spam trick) GO HAWKEYES!! >>> ibm.com/iseries/db2 (opinions stated are no...

Data Migration from AS400 to PC
Hi I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating the process of migrating data from AS to PC. Thanks Paulo Portugal On Mar 28, 6:17=A0pm, white hair <PauloTrigoMor...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the > "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating > the process of migrating data from AS to PC. > Thanks > Paulo > Portugal What kind of database on the PC? For SQL you could use DTS. For Excel I like CVTPFXLS (3rd party shareware). There is also the OS command CPYTOIMPF. FROG does a good job of building CSV files. SQL queries can also be used. Try FTP. This is for flat files (may be indexed) If you don't bother to copy the files first to QS36F and name the member like the file name than you may use the program that I stored at http://www.prym.nl/getme Just enter IP of the AS/400 (could be anywhere) userid and password, the file to get (member name must equal file name) and destination. Than Start Let me know if you are going to use it. Cheers, Ace white hair wrote: > Hi > I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the > "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating > the process of migrating data from AS to PC. > Thanks > Paulo > Portugal "Ace" <no@spam.pls>...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

AS400/ WEB DEVELOPER/ W.MI
OMNI GROUP tgugger@buckeye-express.com 419-380-8853 Programmer/Analyst---AS400---Web Development---Career Position---W MI This is a career position with an excellent company. Full benefits and opportunity for advancement are offered. Position: a.. Programmer/Analyst Experience: a.. Required: a.. Full web development experience a.. HTML, Javascript, CGI programming, style sheets, page design b.. Some experience on iSeries / AS400 with web deployment a.. Prefer 3-5 years on iSeries / AS400 c.. Some experience in RPGILE programming a.. Prefer 3-5 years including experience in the ILE Environment d.. Communication with users to gather requirements and architect a solution to meet the needs. b.. Bonus experience: a.. WebSphere Development Studio Client (WDSC) b.. XML c.. SSL d.. SQL The person filling this position will be part of a team that supports multiple applications in a client-centric company. It will include working on a number of Internet projects to be hosted on an iSeries (i5) server. If interested and qualified answer the seven questions below. Email answers WITH a resume to: tgugger@buckeye-express.com. 1.. AS400 experience-------------------yrs 2.. AS400 I series exp------------------yrs ...

Help
Hello, I need some help.I'm developing a solution for a customer, who as a AS400 system. I have developed a Web solution but kno they want to have me to interact with the AS400. They have absolut now programming experience - I have a lot but not on a AS400. The solutoon I'm after is to call the programon the AS400 and maybe send keybvoard input to the AS400 in order to put data to the AS400. In regard to receiving data I have an Ide to type in the command and then parse the screnn returned to me into the web. However looking into the 5250 protocol I can see that it is not an easy job. How can I solve this problem ? The customer has a very small budget but really need the functionallity. Cheers Henrik PC5250 supports an API, I think it's called ENHLLAPI. Check out the help on the app, and possibly in Informatino Center. If you're using a different emulator, such as Rumba, you'll have to check their documentation, but I believe they also support similar function. Anyway, the API basically lets your application 'read' the screen, and poke keystrokes. "heboth" <henrik_thystrup@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:56ea9eda.0411051339.1ab3f3e9@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need some help.I'm developing a solution for a customer, who as a > AS400 system. I have developed a Web solution but kno they want to > have me to interact with the AS400. They have absolut now programming > experience - I have a lo...

AS400 Data Transfer into Simplified Chinese
Hi, I am trying to transfer a file with simplified Chinese characters using the AS400 Data Transfer Utility. I am using Win2000 (chinese (PRC) as the locale), V5R3 Service Pack SI17742. I have set the emulator's host code page to 1388 (Simplified Chinese). When I downloaded the file, I saw strange characters. Then, I changed the user profile to CCSID = 935 and successfully download the file to view the simplified chinese characters. However, I then tried to enter Equation and it prompts an error. Is there anyway to work around this problem? Thanks a lot! ...

HELP: accessing AS400 data in Oracle
I'm trying to access data from AS400 using gateway. e.g. SELECT * FROM LIB.FILE2@AS400 It works for some tables only. All tables are from the same library and have all privilages granted to Oracle. I just guess that it does not work for the tables that were added on the AS400 recently but I'm not sure. I've never used gateway before. The error I'm getting is the following: ORA-0942:tableor view does not exist ORA-02063:preceding line from AS400 Of course I checked AS400. The table exists. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Andrzej Urbanowicz <andrzeju@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105023866.601325.23650@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to access data from AS400 using gateway. > e.g. SELECT * FROM LIB.FILE2@AS400 > It works for some tables only. All tables are from the same library and > have all privilages granted to Oracle. I just guess that it does not > work for the tables that were added on the AS400 recently but I'm not > sure. I've never used gateway before. > > The error I'm getting is the following: > ORA-0942:tableor view does not exist > ORA-02063:preceding line from AS400 > > Of course I checked AS400. The table exists. > Any help is greatly appreciated. > Thanks > Andrzej Urbanowicz > Are the table names case sensitive ? Just an idea, I don't know AS400 ... Matthias Hoys wrote: > <andrzeju@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:110502...

DTS -- SQL Server Data to AS400
Hi, I'm trying to dug this issue since couple of days but couldn't find any solution. I have SQL server 2000 SP 3 and Host Integration Server 2000 SP 1 running. I'm able to download data from AS400/DB2(V5R2M0) into SQL server, using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 in DTS. But when I tried to upload the same table (downloaded from AS400 into Sql server) back to AS400, I got the following error. HResult of 0x8004206a(-2147213206) returned Unexpected error occurred. An error result was returned without error message. Anyone knows any thing about plese help me with this issue. I'll really appreciate it. Thanks in advance Noor ...

How to edit data in a document which is in an as400 printqueue
Is there a possibility to change things in a document when it is located in an as400 printqueue When possible how can i do this. and what kind of code is in the queue (ascii or ebcidic) can anyone help ?? Thank in advance a newbie Redrum Redrum wrote: > > Is there a possibility to change things in a document when it is > located in an as400 printqueue > When possible how can i do this. and what kind of code is in the queue > (ascii or ebcidic) > can anyone help ?? If you mean a spooled file there's no way to change it, unless copying the spooled file (with CPYSPLF or QSP* APIs) apply the desired changes and print back to a new spooled file. -- Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre Spammers loop schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker Copy to pf ,edit it ,Print it~ ...

Serveur Web et donn�es As400
Bonjour, je cherche des infos sur comment faire une connexion web avec un as400, quel config il faut. Je dois faire un site web qui prends les donn�es sur un as400. merci d'avance fab fab wrote: > Bonjour, > je cherche des infos sur comment faire une connexion web avec un as400, > quel config il faut. > > > Je dois faire un site web qui prends les donn�es sur un as400. > > > merci d'avance > > fab Hoi fab, Ik denk dat je vragen meer kans hebben om beantwoord te worden als je ze stelt in een taal die iedereen hier spreekt: het engels. Groetjes, Erwin ...

Web resources about - Web data to AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

AS400 Iseries
If you are looking to create jobs that you need to run at specified days or times on a regular basis on your as400 then your need to be using ...

India Jobs Network
Job Posts Search Hire Recruit Candidates Profile Resume CV HeadHunters HR Sourcing Recruitment Consultants Recruiters requirements Jobs firm ...

Operating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An operating system ( OS ) is a set of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs . ...

Software industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The software industry includes businesses for development , maintenance and publication of software that are using any business model. The industry ...

摄影器材资料馆 - Leica中文摄影论坛 专业中文摄影社区
Leica 关于 Leica 中文站 论坛首页 最新主题列表 最新回复列表 专业认证版块 认证会员摄影作品展专区 认证会员器材交流专区 认证会员摄影讨论专区 中文摄影论坛 摄影器材资料馆 技术互助讨论区 摄影器材专卖店 中文站办公室 注册 找回密码 登录 在线会员总数 注册会员总数 ...

Manager Business Process Support / CT8225
Manager Business Process Support / CT8225 job in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, US. Read the Manager Business Process Support / CT8225 job description ...

Attunity Integration Technology Forum
Attunity Integration Technology Forum. To find out about Attunity, go to http://www.attunity.com/ .

AS400, iSeries, IBM Free BCD Software Download Trials for Web App Development and BI
The IBM i and PC software products you will download are fully functioning versions of our software, complete with manuals. Free Trials, purchased ...

iDevelop: Cloud
The thoughts and musings of Jon Paris and Susan Gantner, two traveling System i application development evangelists. Topics include RPG, PHP ...