WebSphere Application Server & HTTP Server Question

Is there anyone who could explain step by step what I need to do in
order to get the HTTP Server & WebSphere Application Server Express
operational and communicating with each other for browser based access
via WebFacing thru our intranet. We are not at this time setting up
access from the internet, it will be strictly via our intranet wan
network. I have gone thru the steps in the IBM instructions and have
gotten completely confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Joe Chapman
Chatham Steel Corporation
0
jchapman (27)

Joe,

Take a look at http://www.ignite400.org/html/articles/ART2003110201.htm.

Matt

jchapman@chathamsteel.com (Joe) wrote in message news:<2fff4006.0311041255.713e5b7d@posting.google.com>...
> Is there anyone who could explain step by step what I need to do in
> order to get the HTTP Server & WebSphere Application Server Express
> operational and communicating with each other for browser based access
> via WebFacing thru our intranet. We are not at this time setting up
> access from the internet, it will be strictly via our intranet wan
> network. I have gone thru the steps in the IBM instructions and have
> gotten completely confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA!
>
> Joe Chapman
> Chatham Steel Corporation
0
matt.haas (139)

oracle application server, ibm websphere, sun application server �T�̥i���i�H�@�Ӥ���O?

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

mvBase Server application & Pervasive SQL application on Same Server
I have a project to put two different applications, in two different databases, onto a single server. I am seeking input from anyone who has attempted a similar project. One application is in mvBase 1.3.02, while the other is in Pervasive SQL. In a secondary situation, we'll have one application in mvBase 1.3.02, and another in SQL Server. Both, or all of these databases seem to grab as much free memory as they can, and not relinquish said memory back to the system resources pool. I will be closely monitoring the system wide parameters and the individual parameters of each application database, even profiling them, with a extremely lightweight, yet thorough monitoring process. Are there any good resource partiioning products out there, that do not introduce a whole bunch of significant overhead on their own, that would limit how much memory eack of these databases has access to? Operating System will be Windows 2000 Server. Appreciate any experienced input, or other general advice or suggestions, from inside, or outside "the box". Thanks! -- Regards, Scott ...

IBM Servers, HP Servers and Sun Enterprise Servers
Eolparts a.k.a. your favorite "Sun Spot" on the internet offers you only the best services on the widest selection of brand name remanufactured computer hardware. Save up to 80% off the original list price of all Sun Products and Parts! eolparts is a premier global supplier of Sun workstations, Sun Servers and Internet infrastructure hardware. We provide our customers with the highest quality refurbished products paired with an unmatched host of professional services. Our world- class customer service is pivotal in the way we do business by putting our clients=92 needs first; we focus on the end users=92 desired result and work to make that happen in the most cost efficient manner. For more information visit at: - http://www.eolparts.com/ ...

IBM WebSphere Application Server Enterprise
https://query.lotus.com/passport/eorder/Express?P0=E1&part_number=D5ALBLL,D5AL3LL&catalog_url=http://www.ibm.com/software/info/ecatalog/html/&country=FIN This product costs over 30 thousand Euros. Does anyone know where I could download it for free? -- /-- Joona Palaste (palaste@cc.helsinki.fi) ------------- Finland --------\ \-- http://www.helsinki.fi/~palaste --------------------- rules! --------/ "'So called' means: 'There is a long explanation for this, but I have no time to explain it here.'" - JIPsoft Joona I Palaste wrote: > ...

Built-in Python3 web server functionality
I am trying to better understand the built-in python3 web server functional= ity and have just started reading the documentation. There seem to be two options provided by Python 3. 1.=20 wsgiref https://docs.python.org/3/library/wsgiref.html 2. http.server https://docs.python.org/3/library/http.server.html Both options appear to offer a simple way to get a simple web server up and= running. It does appear that wsgiref is built on top of http.server. Is th= is correct?=20 Would it be correct to say that wsgiref is a high(er?)-level framework for = designing web-based a...

Original HTTP server & FAVICON question
I have the Original HTTP server running on V542. I have created a FAVICON.ICO and would like it to show up when someone book marks in their favorites. It seems simple enough to do but it doesn't work. I placed it in the directory with the HTML as well as the directories above it. Any ideas? Is there a change needed in the HTML? Thanks in advance. Dan Nelson "QMAGIC" <dannelson@cox.net> wrote in message news:b2431aa9.0410190614.57f6752c@posting.google.com... >I have the Original HTTP server running on V542. I have created a > FAVICON.ICO and would like it to show up when someone book marks in > their favorites. It seems simple enough to do but it doesn't work. > I placed it in the directory with the HTML as well as the directories > above it. > > Any ideas? Is there a change needed in the HTML? > > Thanks in advance. > Dan Nelson Yes you need to add this code in the HTML header. <link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="FAVICON.ICO"> -- James R. Perkins Remove NOSPAM for a valid email address QMAGIC wrote: > I have the Original HTTP server running on V542. I have created a > FAVICON.ICO and would like it to show up when someone book marks in > their favorites. It seems simple enough to do but it doesn't work. > I placed it in the directory with the HTML as well as the directories > above it. > > Any ideas? Is there a change needed in the HTML? > > Thanks in adva...

SN#22091 Sun Servers with CoolThreads Accelerate IBM HTTP Server Crypto Operations
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 138 Issue 2 2009-08-13 Article 22091 from section "SysAdmin's Section" Additional Co-processor Cards, Special Licensing, Network Appliances Are Unnecessary The Sun BluePrints Online paper "Accelerating IBM HTTP Server Cryptographic Operations Using Sun Servers with CoolThreads Technology" provides an overview of how to offload cryptographic operations onto Sun servers with CoolThreads technology to accelerate IBM HTTP Server (IHS) performance. For Sun servers with UltraSPARC T1, T2 or T2 Plus processors, on-chip cryptographic acceleration eliminates the need for additional co-processor cards, special licensing, network appliances or power hungry add-on components. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=22091 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe Free 4-week trial is available. (c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

Application Broker & Application Server
I am trying to get SAS Intrnet work on my laptop. I have downloaded Apache, and installed. Then I ran websrv.exe to install CGI tool setup. I directed the install to the following directories: (1) first prompt samples and support files: c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\sasweb (2) second prompt CGI directory: c:\program files\apache group\apache\cgi-bin (3) third prompt URL corresponding to c:\program files\apache group\apache\cgi-bin: http:\\localhost\cgi-bin Then run Start-Programs-The SAS System-SAS IntrNet-Create a New IntrNet Service using default as service name and 5010 as port. Next I edit the broker.cfg to reflect default name, and 5010 port and http.conf to reflect port number. I start Apache. When I start default service, I see a SAS launch screen and then a box minimizes and says SAS / App Srv 5010 but then it immediately goes away. One time it did stay, but I can not get it to stay now. When going to http:\\localhost - I do receive the Apache confirmation screen - so I have that working. At http:\\localhost\scripts\broker.exe? I get page not found. At http:\\localhost\cgi-bin\broker.exe? When I got the SAS / App Srv 5010 box to minimize and stay and it did not go away, I did get the test page with the Application Dispatcher, Sample, Docs choices - but when I selected a sample like "Hello World" or pinged it, I got message not functioning properly. I am using SAS online IntrNet community help and SUGI papers - and am intolerant...

Running java client/server application in JBoss (Application Server)
Hi, Can anyone help me how to run an client/server java application in a application server like JBoss? (sorry, I don't know what is the correct term for this) The scenario: I have to connect to an ISO8583 server, and the server require me to send login, echo periodically, in other words, the session is maintained (let's call it ISOThread). I would like to have something like message-driven bean, that will receive a request, and send to this ISOThread to process the request. I can not figure it out, where should this ISOThread live ? in which container ? Better explanation: 1. A Clien...

Question about Oracle Developer Application and Application Server
Hi All, I am new to Oracle Internet Developer Suite 10g application development and deployment. Could any body here please kindly explain me about these basic question : 1) If I deploy Oracle Form & Report as client server application, Not Web deployment, do I need to purchase Oracle App Server (IAS) ? If YES, what is the difference if I use or don't use Oracle IAS for deployment of Form and Report ? 2) Can I purchase Oracle Form & Report separately ? (not the whole developer suite) Thank you, xtanto Krist wrote: > Hi All, > > I am new to Oracle Internet Developer Suite 10g application > development and deployment. > Could any body here please kindly explain me about these basic > question : > > 1) If I deploy Oracle Form & Report as client server application, Not > Web deployment, do I need to purchase Oracle App Server (IAS) ? > If YES, what is the difference if I use or don't use Oracle IAS for > deployment of Form and Report ? > > 2) Can I purchase Oracle Form & Report separately ? (not the whole > developer suite) > > Thank you, > xtanto 1. Not deployable in client/server mode except through use of undocumented means. If you want client/server get 6i. 2. No. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond) Hi Daniel, Thank you for your reply. About Oracle Form and IAS : > 1. Not deployable in client/server mo...

OSU http server & http headers
We generate PDFs for customer approval/amendment. If customers request amendments, we do them & create new PDFs (same filename). Customers frequently don't see the changes because of cacheing. Can anyone suggest what http headers we should be using to ensure that browsers (especially ie) at least check the file date every time ? And how we should get the OSU HTTP server to send them ? I've got "fileexpire /proofs/*.pdf CDT+00:04:30" in www_root:[system]http_paths.conf, which I thought would do it (expire all PDFs 4.5 mins after creation, forcing a check-back and/or ...

server.log in sun application server
For debugging purposes I would like to log to server.log from an ejb. How do I go about gettting a reference to a logger? Do I use the java logger or log4j? Either way, what name to I give to LoggerManager.getLogger(?)? I read that you can redirect stdout and stderr to the log, this might be the way to go, since System.out.println commands would go to the log. Does anybody know how to redirect these streams? ...

Linked Server to SQL-Server Question
I've been trying to work with Linked Servers for the first time, with mixed success. My problem right now is in trying to write a View using a linked server. The linked server is another SQL-Server, and it was set up using the 'Enterprise Manager' interface. When the server was created, the name was given as the full server address - name.pyr.ec.gc.ca. When I try and use this name in a new view, I enter the name in the query as [name.pyr.ec.gc.ca].database.dbo.table. SQL-Server rewrites this name as name.[pyr.ec.gc.ca.database].dbo.table table_1 I'm sure this is me not understanding something about using linked servers, but it seems strange to me none the less. Is there a way for me to create the linked server using sp_addlinkedserver, which would not require the full server address as the linked server name? Or is my view syntax not correct? Or can I just not create the query as a view? I've looked around the new groups, but have no answers yet. Any help would be much appreciated. Tim never mind.....finally found a single entry in BOL that explained it. ...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

AS400 as SQL Server Linked server
Hi, I'm trying to set up DB2 on AS400 as a linked server on SQL Server. Everything works ok, but, when I try to run an UPDATE, it gives me an error (OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowsetChange::SetData returned 0x80004005). I've searched a lot on the internet, I've tried some solutions but without success. I'm using SQLServer 2000 and Client Access 5 release 1. Is there any solution or workaround ? Thanks in advance Massimo ...

Game Server & Voice Server
Do you play online ? Do you want a great and cheap game server or teamspeak to play and chat with your friend ? try out www.gamesclan.com You will be surprized Do you play with yourself? Do you want a great and cheap wank server or jerk-off site to play and chat with your friend ? try out www.amateurjerkoff.com You will be slurprized ...

Game Server & Voice Server
If you want understand how a game control panel can help you to admin a Game Server or a Voice Server you can try and test the demo gameserver on www.gamesclan.com Please give me your opinion thanks ...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

application server and web server messed up
hi, Question 1 : does web server resides inside application server ? Reason for this question: (a)an Application Server can run EJB and JSP ALL( EAR= JAR+WAR). (b) but Web Server can run only JSP, Servlets, WAR BUT NO EJB. so, From (a) and (b) conclusion is, Web server lives inside Application server becoz Application server can do everything ....is this correct ? Question 2: If i buy an Application Server but if i dont have Web Server, will i able to give my customer to access JSP pages in www access ? OR, to give the www access one must have Web Server ? thanks ...

IBM HTTP Server
Hi Everybody, I'm working on websphere v3.5. My webapps use IBM HTTP Server. Since this morning, it's impossible to start the service "IBM HTTP Server" Error Message : " Impossible de d�marrer le service IBM HTTP Serveur Erreur 1067 : Le processus s'est arr�t� inopin�ment " Have I to re-install IBM HTTP Server ? ...

Http server question
Hi all. I am experimenting with writing a simple http server. i am trying to read the request from the socket as follows: BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(socket.getInputStream())); StringBuffer strBuffer = new StringBuffer(); int c; while((c=in.read())!=-1){ strBuffer.append((char)c); } now if i connect to this server using any browser, the in.read() reads the request and then hangs. How do i know when the request ends? Or is there another way of reading an HTTP request? thanks hilz ...

Core Server
http://labs.core.gen.tr [Core-Server] is an application server developed in Common-Lisp language. It heavily uses higher order functions, composable data streams and continuations. These features allow developers to develop applications in lesser lines of code. Lesser lines of code leads to easy maintenance and rapid development. [Core-server] does not use conventional web application development strategies. As a result, as developers get experience, project effiency increases. Higher order functions, generic data streams and macros allows developers to build their own domain specific langua...

Application server to be configured with KDC for Server Authentication
Hi Team, I am working on Server Authentication feature of Kerbeors. Could you please give the following clarifications? 1. I am working on Server Authentication feature for sending a mail. Before sending a mail, I will send the KDC's Service Tkt to SMTP server (Kerborised SMTP Server). The SMTP server will verify the Authenticator and service tkt information and gives the authentication response either SUCCESS of FAILURE. Thats my requirement. 2. I got the service tkt after the following operations: TGS_REQ, TGS_REP. I am trying to send the same information to SMTP server. Should the kerberos (KDC) server address to be configured in SMTP Server? I am not successding in getting the response from SMTP Server. SMTP seerver is saying: "ESMTP_Auth returned error" 3. Should I configure the KDC server address and details in kerborised SMTP Server? So that, SMTP Serevr will know the KDC server address details and checks the authentication infoemation? Is it required to configure the KDC server address in SMTP Serever? If so, where Should I configure? I am using Windows SMTP Server. It supports Kerbeors (GSSAPI auth mechanism) Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you, -Surendra __________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

Web resources about - WebSphere Application Server & HTTP Server Question - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Webscale offers a fast track to delivering web applications
Running an application or server in the cloud has many advantages, but it doesn't guarantee scalability. It can be hard to predict demand, leading ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

Plimsoll Buys Stake In Magnify Media; BAFTA Scholarship Applications Open – Global Briefs
UK and U.S.-based factual entertainment and wildlife producer Plimsoll Productions has acquired a minority stake in specialist distributor Magnify ...

TSMC, MediaTek to co-develop products for IoT and wearable applications
... their commitment to a long-term partnership to continue developing innovative products for Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable device applications ...

App Annie Acquires Application Analyst AppScotch
With San Francisco-headquartered AppScotch, this marks App Annie's third acquisition in two years following the acquisition of Distimo and Mobidia. ...

Colorado Global EIR Program – Applications Open for 2016
Applications are open for the second group of Colorado Global Entrepreneurs in Residence. If you are interested in applying send a resume and ...