What procedure for install a network printer on a AS400 ...

Hello,

Thanks for advance
P�cha

0
nospam55 (2)

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 and Dell Networked Printers ?
Hello, In the coming months I will be adding a number of network printers as AS400 printers. Most of them will be Dell. Right now I'm trying to connect a Dell 3100cn PCL6 color laserjet printer. The only document that I can find on the internet says to configure it as a *HPCOLORLJ if I remember right from work. I've also tried the *HP5000. Neither of these or several other tries has worked.I have not changed any settings on the laser printer because I wouldn't know what to change. The printer is on the network with a fixed IP and it is in DNS so I can see it on the domain. Iseries is on 5.3 When I try to print I get a couple of partial pages and several more with just 3 or 4 characters at the top. Nothing exotic, just letters and numbers. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Joe in Florida This is a configuration that I have used successfully with a number of dell 3100's. Just make sure you have your ip address and subnet mask right on the printer as well. CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/D4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHR...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

IBM AS400

Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer
Can anyone help me? I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some caracters at the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. Looking forward to hear someone soon. Stefano, Try *HPCOLORLJ in stead of *HP5 or else see http://tinyurl.com/r99dq for more information Cheers, Pjotr Stefano wrote: > Can anyone help me? > I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access > emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. > The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some > caracters at > the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. > > Looking forward to hear someone soon. Here is how we defined ours: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/I4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) + RMTLOCNAME('192.192.192.11') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) TEXT('DZ - + FSC - DE - Printer Dell at Denison') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*...

Replacing IBM 6400 Printer With A Network Laser Printer
We are currently using a IBM 6400 printer for most of our reports. We are thinking about switching are main reports over to print on a laser printer. The question that I have is what would be the best option. Requirements Drawer 1 - 8X11 Drawer 2 = 11X17 Overlay Printing Compatible with AS/400 V5R4 On Aug 6, 10:44=A0am, bneal69 <bnea...@gmail.com> wrote: > We are currently using a IBM 6400 printer for most of our reports. =A0We > are thinking about switching are main reports over to print on a laser > printer. > > The question that I have is what would be the best option. > > Requirements > Drawer 1 - 8X11 > Drawer 2 =3D 11X17 > Overlay Printing > Compatible with AS/400 V5R4 We provide software that will take line printer output and allow you to remap the page and create special forms and map data to print at one shot. It runs on a Windows platform and usage would be transparent when set up properly. Any windows supported laser can be used . It can also do things like MICR checks check it out www.octotools.com regards, Murray Hi, You need to look at the [url=http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss? uid=nas1ba0863cfa6463903862569c10078c903]HP printer list[/url] to ensure that they are compatible with the AS400. Thanks, Neil Thank you very much for the link. Bryan On Aug 11, 8:20=A0am, Newbie_Neil <n...@village-street.co.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > You need to look at the [url=3Dhttp://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvi...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

Fiscal printers with AS400
Hi. Has anybody ever been working with AS400 and fiscal printers. I was wondering how to transmit any data to this printers. Regards, Tomasz Hi Tomasz, If you can tell me a model number of fiscal printer, I might be able to help you. Best Regards, /Paul -- Paul Tykodi Principal Consultant TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC E-mail: ptykodi@tykodi.com ...

AS400 on home network
Hi, I have just picked up an AS400 running at v5r2 for working at home. I have a very simple network with a couple of PCs and printers and a "cheap" router. The As400 has a network card that was working in its previous location. I cannot seem to get it working on the new network. Is there a straightforward checklist available so I can see that the parameters are set up correctly? Is there a way of testing the network card to know if it is still working correctly? Any ideas most welcome as I am getting rather stuck with this. regards stony StoneySoft wrote: > Hi, > > I have just picked up an AS400 running at v5r2 for working at home. > > I have a very simple network with a couple of PCs and printers and a > "cheap" router. > The As400 has a network card that was working in its previous > location. > > I cannot seem to get it working on the new network. > > Is there a straightforward checklist available so I can see that the > parameters are set up correctly? > Is there a way of testing the network card to know if it is still > working correctly? Connect the AS400 with UTP to the cheap router Use a 5250 (twinax) terminal Type 'endtcp *immed' Type "go cfgtcp" and choose 1. Is the IP-address of the AS400 correct ? If not remove the old one and enter the correct one. Type 'strtcp' without the quotes Ping yourself like "ping '192.168.1.1'" If this works you could ...

AS400 Network Connection
When I rebooted a switch today, an AS400 running 4R5, I believe, (I don't administer the box in question) connected to it lost its Ethernet network connection (twinax console was still connected). A reboot brought the connection backup. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If the Ethernet cable is unplugged then plugged back in the connection dies. "Coder" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:UeAWb.1437$_66.226@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com... > When I rebooted a switch today, an AS400 running 4R5, I believe, (I don't > administer the box in question) connected to it lost its Ethernet network > connection (twinax console was still connected). A reboot brought the > connection backup. > > Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If the Ethernet cable is > unplugged then plugged back in the connection dies. Is there a configuration setting that makes this stop? No. iSeries NICs are very, very anal about being connected to something. What I do is set up a reply-list entry to deal with it (WRKRPYLE). Just have it answer 'R' whenever the message shows up. But even with this, it will eventually quit retrying and vary-off the device. Also, you said reboot, I hope you didn't mean IPL the entire system, just varying off/on the line description (or if it is stuck in RCYPND status, just '7 resume recovery' will do) and restarting TCP/IP will get it going again. George Kinney wrote: > > ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

networking about the AS400 application
Hi, I am rather new for AS400 application. I have a remote office which is using the site-to-site VPN like the following topology: [A ( AS400 Server )] ---------IPLC Line-------- [B]-------Site-to-Site VPN----[C] >From B pinging to A, time = 244ms, time = 60 >From C pinging to A, time = 296ms TTL=60 >From site B & site C both are using iSeries access to the AS400 Server. We found that workstations in Site C hangs in connecting to the AS400 server while workstations in Site B has no any problem at all. Does anybody knows the problem ? the network latency time or the VPN connection ? Thanks so much for your kindly help Most likely your VPN isn't allowing the need ports. In addition to telnet (25) there are additional ports needed by iSeries Access in the 84xx range. >From the PC, with VPN connected, try running CWBPING to your iseries. It will tell you where its failing. Also, you may want to reivew the information at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp ...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

AS400 network load balancing
i know that I have to create VIP for the 3 network card that I have for AS400 but the problem that I have is the ip addresses for the computers that connect to that VIP are in two different subnet. one of them is in subnet 0 and the other one is in subnet 100. and the VIP is going to be in subnet 0. Does subnet 100 work if I create the VIP with subnet 0? ...

AS400 printing to PC-connected printer
I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware. I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what paper size I choose, whether it be in the hardware setting, the printer setup in Windows or in the "transform print data" selection, it seems to ignore paper size setting. This results in only the first line being lined up, and each line after is about 1.5 times further down than it should. When the job finishes, the printer form feeds about 2.5 more pages. The page I'm using is 8" long, which I set on the hardware and in the Windows printer setup. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. All my experience of this leads me to believe that windows knows better & that you need to tinker with windows - possibly until you are blue in the face Jonathan "Mike" <miket1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:27ef6386.0307141144.4054221a@posting.google.com... > I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer > session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the > driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware. > > I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and > that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what pap...

Sharp Printer Driver for the i5/AS400
I have a Sharp MX-7000N that does not seem to play well with our i5. I have tried using the various HP drivers in the CRTPRTDEV and none of them seem to work well. By work well I mean it works some of the time, but if the printer jams or runs low on toner the copier will not work on the i5 until the tech from Sharp comes out and clears the code from the printer. In the mean time we can still print from any Windows device, like Word, or Outlook. I am fed up with the Sharp technicians, because it is apparent they know nothing of the IBM i5. I have used the HP8000 driver with some success. We are on V5R4 if this helps. Thanks. May be this IBM document may help: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas154255e0ec5a3c13f862569c10075ddb4 It seems that your printer can amulate HP PCL5c/PCL6 hppcl5.pdt HPLJ4.PDT *HPCOLORLJ So yo use crtprtdev with those emulations in mid. Hope it helps "Danny" <djkindle32@yahoo.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:7c8e9b99-2dce-40cd-9255-3668aee0c09b@s9g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >I have a Sharp MX-7000N that does not seem to play well with our i5. > I have tried using the various HP drivers in the CRTPRTDEV and none of > them seem to work well. By work well I mean it works some of the > time, but if the printer jams or runs low on toner the copier will not > work on the i5 until the tech from Sharp comes out and clears the code > from the printer. In the mean time we can still print from any &...

HP2600N Colour Printer
Hi all, I have set up fifty or sixty HP lasers on the AS400 and they all print quite happily. The models were HP2200/2300/4050/4100/4200/4300. I am now trying to set up my first colour laser, HP2600N, and it appears to print and disappears from the spool file on the AS400. At the laser the network light flashes, but I get no output. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone print successfully to the HP2600? This is the configuration that I am using is: - Device description . . . . . . . > HP2600TN Port number . . . . . . . . . . 9100 Online at IPL . . . . . . . . . *Y...

Windows NT4
On some of our Windows NT4 and Windows 2000 machines, we are unable to connect to the Windows 2000 server to install printers. After selecting to install a network printer, we can see the Domain under Microsoft Windows Network but not the print server beneath it. This means that we have to install the printers using IP. I have a feeling that there could be something in the registry, or perhaps DNS or something, just not sure what. Anyone have a clue on this? ...

AS400 printer - HPLJ2600N
Hi, A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer. They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it was the customising object, and it worked fine. I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR in library QSYS but it didn't help. Please help! Thanks, Hazel wrighth@frenchconnection.com wrote: > Hi, > > A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP > Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in > the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address > is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer. > > They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another > outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it > was the customising object, and it worked fine. > > I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR > in library QSYS but it didn't help. > > Please help! > > Thanks, > > Hazel Even though this color laser printer is advertised as "network-ready", it is really a host-based printer that does not su...

Canon iR1510-1670 printer on AS400
I am trying to get a Canon iR1510-1670 printer working as an AS400 printer. The spool file just sits at SND status and doesn't go anywhere, doesn't generate an error message. Can anybody help me? Anne Anne wrote: > I am trying to get a Canon iR1510-1670 printer working as an AS400 > printer. The spool file just sits at SND status and doesn't go > anywhere, doesn't generate an error message. Can anybody help me? > > Anne > How are you attempting to connect? Using a device description or a remote output queue Angus Angus wrote: > Anne wrote: > > I am trying to get a Canon iR1510-1670 printer working as an AS400 > > printer. The spool file just sits at SND status and doesn't go > > anywhere, doesn't generate an error message. Can anybody help me? > > > > Anne > > > How are you attempting to connect? Using a device description or a > remote output queue > > Angus Remote outq Take a look at the writer job log. There should be messages in the job log indicating why the send attempts keep failing. Anne wrote: > Angus wrote: > >>Anne wrote: >> >>>I am trying to get a Canon iR1510-1670 printer working as an AS400 >>>printer. The spool file just sits at SND status and doesn't go >>>anywhere, doesn't generate an error message. Can anybody help me? >>> >>>Anne >>> >> >>How are you ...

Copy File from AS400(v5r2) to Network
Good afternoon. I know that there are tons of info about this on line, but I could not find any clear answers. We are running low on space on our 9406 - 820 (V5r2) Currently, our uses are running a lot of CPYTOPCD programs, but from now on we want to save all pc files(".TXT", ".CSV") located on IFS; on our Windows 2003 Data Server. My Questions are: 1. What is the best way to do it. (commands or tools) 2. Should I use CPYTOIMPF/CPYTOSTMF. what is the difference between them (so far I could not make them to work. below are my examples:) ===> CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LIBA/TEXTFILE *FIRST) TOSTMF('//SERVER_PDC/ AS400DATA/ RNWFILW.CSV') MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF) No records copied from file TEXTFILE in LIBA. --------- CPC2957 ===> CPYTOSTMF FROMMBR('/Qsys.Lib/goebel.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/ TEXTFILE.Mbr') TOSTM F('/GOEBEL_PDC/AS400DATA/RNWFILW.CSV') STMFOPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) Object not copied. Object is /Qsys.Lib/LIBA.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/TEXTFILE.Mbr. --------------- CPFA097 3. I know that we can use FTP, but we are copying to Data server and it is not configured to be FTP server. Do I have to start ftp services? Is a big deal to set it up? Thank you all in advanced. Gary On May 6, 9:01=A0am, Gary Segal <segalg...@gmail.com> wrote: > Good afternoon. > > I know that there are tons of info about this on line, but I could not > find any clear answers. > > We are r...

Web resources about - What procedure for install a network printer on a AS400 ... - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Eye tattoos: Tattooist Luna Cobra defends practice following calls to ban procedure
IT SOUNDS like the really gross scene in a horror movie.

Survivors of female genital mutilation outraged by 'compromise' which could legalise procedure
Survivors of female genital mutilation are fighting back against a so-called compromise, which could let a modified form of the procedure continue. ...

Doctors Perform Medical Procedure On Wrong Newborn
The procedure was meant for another child.

Butt procedures, male breast reduction growing slices of plastic surgery
Every 30 min of 2015, a rump was remodeled. Men had 40% of all breast reductions.

"Gynecologists Kavita Shah Arora and Allan Jacobs said procedures that slightly changed the look of a ...
"... were comparable to male circumcision or cosmetic procedures in Western countries like labiaplasty. Laws against mild modifications were ...

Mix-up leads to surgical procedure on wrong baby
Tennessee mom says her newborn was mistakenly given treatment he didn't need

New Chipotle Food Safety Procedures Include Shutting Down Restaurant If Anyone Barfs
... what happened inside, but it’s pretty much exactly what you would expect: repetitive instructional videos about food safety and cleaning procedures, ...

New Video Series Shows The Reality Of Abortion Procedures
New Video Series Shows The Reality Of Abortion Procedures

Yay going in for kidney stone procedure soon!
There is a G-d i have been in the hospital with stone pain and bowel pain the past week. the bowel issue resolved by itself without surgery ...