Working with Tape Cartridges does not reflect what is in the magazine.

When working with tape cartridges, the number of cartridges does not reflect what is physically in the magazine. Oddly, the daily backups run without a hitch. Any wizards care to chime in?

-S
0
tmnismo91
7/14/2016 9:44:58 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 2:45:10 PM UTC-7, tmni...@gmail.com wrote:
> When working with tape cartridges, the number of cartridges does not refl=
ect what is physically in the magazine. Oddly, the daily backups run withou=
t a hitch. Any wizards care to chime in?
>=20
> -S

New here and couldn't figure out how to edit my post. I have three PMR's op=
en for this issue that has plagued my coworker and I for at least a month. =
I finally decide to reach out and I find the solution. Anyway, I wanted to =
share (I still don't quite understand it).

System i Navigator

YourSystem>Configuration and Service>Hardware>Tape Devices>Tape Libraries>T=
apmlbXX>Cartridges. I could see all the tapes, but what I noticed was in th=
e 'Category System' column, the three I could see were in a different categ=
ory system than the others. I found that I could eject them into the 'Tape =
library default' and then view the properties of the tape, and finally chan=
ge the category from 'ejected' to 'not shared'.

I hope this can be useful in the future. Thanks!
0
Sean