You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable.

You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on
IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from
IEnumerable.

I created a simple web service to access data on the AS400 for a VB.NET
project.  When I try and add a WEB REFERENCE from my application, I get
this error.  "You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on
IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from
IEnumerable."  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Tim

0
tim.kotch (1)

I have looked at the Object browser for vs using .net 1.1.4something &
IEnumerable doesnt require a method Add of any sort that I can see. The
help for this interface doesnt mention it either. I dont have any
classes in a namespace starting IBM so I cant really tell any more
about that. So the only idea I have is you have a different version of
mscorlib.dll which has this requirement or you are picking up another
dll with interface IEnumerable earlier in the references that mscorlib.

Jonathan

IBM.DATA.DB2.iSeries
Hello, I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone have some hint for me? Thank you for your help Hannes Here is the small code: string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; con=new iDB2Connection(); try { con.ConnectionString=connString; con.Open(); } catch(Exception excpt) { MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); } Check the following redbook: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246440.html?Open Hannes wrote: > Hello, > > I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to > do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open > the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering > the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone > have some hint for me? > > Thank you for your help > Hannes > > Here is the small code: > string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; > con=new iDB2Connection(); > try > { > con.ConnectionString=connString; > con.Open(); > } > catch(Exception excpt) > { > MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); > } > ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries for .NET
I need some trying to figure out what is happening on our AS/400. I am not an AS/400 programmer, but I am using ASP.NET (VB) and the IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries control for .NET to access our DB2 databases. The problem we seem to be having is after I am all done with my queries and I close out of everything there are still jobs (QZDAOSINIT?) sitting idle for my profile. My web application can hit our AS/400 hundreds of times at once depending on how many people are using the web application. At one point there were over a hundred QZDAOSINIT jobs with my user profile just sitting there idle. Why do those not close immediately after I disconnect from the database? Forgive if I am not getting the terminology correct. I am not really all that familar with the workings of the AS/400 and our AS/400 people are not all that familar with .NET Programming. So we're kind of stuck as to why these jobs are still running. Does any of this make any sense? Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Sincerely, Shannon maybe you may want to execute terminate statement once you are done with your processing db2 "terminate" (this one is for LUW... I don't know whats the equivalent for iseries.) This will close the server side process which was entertaining your requests. I don't recall precisely, but a look on num_poolagents might be related, i suggest you refer to the documentation for some info on that if thats the cul...

Confuse about IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries
I use the dotnet provider of ISeries<iDB2Connection iDB2DataAdapter etc.>. During these days,I found out that if the column are fixed char,the result we get will be filled with blanks. Such as I defind the column "USERNAME" as char(10) ,if i store the "WILDFISH",what i get is "WILDFISH ". So, each time i wanna to compare the name will be "WILDFISH",I have to use trim() to delete the blanks. I was wondering that it's possible to use some setting to make the trim() as default.just as I got using OLEDB. Not sure about the iDB2 adapter setting but SQL itself has a TRIM function. Perhaps you can use an SQL view built on top of your table that has TRIM built into it? Or directly in your SQL query? If you run a query with WHERE username='WILDFISH', DB2 automatically handls the extra blanks on the end. The above predicate will find username values of 'WILDFISH','WILDFISH ', & 'WILDFISH '. wildfish wrote: > I use the dotnet provider of ISeries<iDB2Connection iDB2DataAdapter > etc.>. > During these days,I found out that if the column are fixed char,the > result we get will be filled with blanks. > Such as I defind the column "USERNAME" as char(10) ,if i store the > "WILDFISH",what i get is "WILDFISH ". > So, each time i wanna to compare the name will be "WILDFISH",I have to > use trim() to delete the blanks. > I was...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

Is IBM killing iSeries? Yes, IBM is the iSeries muderer!!!!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C4263B.65141F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IBM should know, it's just herself is killing iSeries/400. He invest = too much money in Webfacing, HATS, PASE, Web Access and RPG V .... but = how many users are planing to use them??? almost NONE! IBM should focus = on how to imporve the running time performance of Websphere on iSeries, = How let user can build java/web application as easy as SDA. AS/400 won = in 1988 because compare with the Unix, VAX/VMS and DOS, AS/400 is such = easy to be used to create application system. but now, Java on iSeries = is nightmare. Compare with Unix, Linux and Window platfrom. Websphere on = AS/400 has very low performance, It's very difficult to be install, Very = bad SQL/JDBC performance, to build application is as difficult as unix = and other open system, even more. Much expensive than unix, linux and = windows..... so Why user choose iSeries???? almost all my customer = complain as I said above everyday... Honestly If I was ordered to build = a web base application, I'd rather use Linux, but not OS/400! OS/400 can = not give me almost none benefit for Web Application! also AS/400 is not = a very good DB server too. Just wish I could install Linux and AIX on AS/400 box without the OS/400 = primary partition soon. And hope IBM sell the new box as cheaper as = pSeries (RS/6000).=...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm runn...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm running IBM iSeries Access V5R3 and my server is V5R2. When I don't specify a database, after the connection is open the database property is set to AS400REM. I don't know if this database is a real database specific to my company. ****************************************** Imports IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries Dim cn As New iDB2Connection Try TestConnection.ConnectionString = _ "DataSource=AS400;UserID=xxxx;Password=xxxx;Database=AMFLIB" TestConnection.Open() If TestConnection.State = ConnectionState.Open Then MsgBox("Database: " & TestConnection.Database) TestConnection.Close() End If Catch ex As Exception MsgBox(ex.Message) End Try ****************************************** Thanks to all Running higher version of ISERIES Access than the OS is probably not a good idea. Yanik Reid wrote: > When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able ...

ibm.data.db2.iseries cwbdc.createrequest() failed
Hi. Im writing an asp.net application which connects to an AS/400 database through the ibm.data.db2.iseries driver. The problem i face is when i try executing the executereader or executedataset method, intermittently i get a null reference exception. The innerexception says some error in cwbdc.createrequest(). The application continues its normal execution on resetting IIS or recycling the application pool. has anyone faced such a problem. Im running the application on IIS 6.0 on Windows server 2003 and with iSeries service pack SI23492. Please help me out. Arjun hey,man,i did not meet such problem. But maybe u should put your code here, so that we could find out the real problem. And u'd better put the error message and detail and inner exception message here. vs.arjun@gmail.com =E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A > Hi. > Im writing an asp.net application which connects to an AS/400 database > through the ibm.data.db2.iseries driver. The problem i face is when i > try executing the executereader or executedataset method, > intermittently i get a null reference exception. The innerexception > says some error in cwbdc.createrequest(). The application continues its > normal execution on resetting IIS or recycling the application pool. > > has anyone faced such a problem. Im running the application on IIS 6.0 > on Windows server 2003 and with iSeries service pack SI23492. Please > help me out. >=20 > Arjun Hi Wildfish, have you used th...

Does anyone use IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries(.net provider)?
My question is can this .net provider support multi-statement update(batch update)? I tried with the beta .net provider,the answer was not. And my statement is update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; It return the error message indicated that ";" was not allowed. And the SqlClient OracleClient support this; the SqlClient is: update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; the oracleClient is : Begin update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; End wildfish wrote: > My question is can this .net provider support multi-statement > update(batch update)? I tried with the beta .net provider,the answer > was not. > And my statement is > update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where > xxx; > It return the error message indicated that ";" was not allowed. > > And the SqlClient OracleClient support this; > the SqlClient is: > update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where > xxx; > > the oracleClient is : > Begin update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx > where xxx; End > You do not need the ; to indicate the SQL continues on to the next line. thanks a lot.I will try it on monday:) ...

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

why so difficult to get IBM BP quote on IBM i systems?
I am getting nowhere asking different business partners for quotes on the following IBM i edition Power systems: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bladecenter/hardware/servers/js12/799860xi.html http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/hardware/520/configs/9407m151i.html From each BP I am dealing with I ask for the quote and get back something which is twice the price. Some provide detailed pricing, others say IBM does not allow details to be quoted. When I call IBM directly and ask questions like what is the difference between versions of the BCS chassis, I am told I have to ask the BP. Problem is the BP's that can answer questions want to charge list price, while the ones who cant/dont offer a decent discount. I understand the BP system and full service vs discount. Just dont follow why what the IBM web site describes so specifically and understandibly is translated by all the BPs into a higher priced muddle. -Steve ibm business partners must have a valid "value-add" to discuss anything but list prices with a end user. they also must have this "value-add" as the main reason the end user is dealing with them. we'd be happy to try and assist you on your needs, provided our rules allow. www.michsoft.com On May 22, 1:07=A0pm, Steve Richter <StephenRich...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am getting nowhere asking different business partners for quotes on > the following IBM i edition Power systems:http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bl= adecenter/hardwar...

oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW
Now we can tell you more! IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --= a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti= c workloads.=20 In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f= rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective! We'll= also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which = helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users. And then we = will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including= an IBM Champion and other interesting perspectives on DB2. =20 Register: bit.ly/tt2012oct ...

Build a MISC IBM-compatible system?
The last time I looked at MISC processors, Jeff was sticking them in mouses and having a tough time convincing vendors of the potential. Why not just take it a step further, and enter the home/business computer market? Use the cheaper process to manufacture a chip with a few dozen of the same MISC die on them, create an on-chip "emulator" that will provide the same instruction set as an AMD Athlon XP or Intel Pentium 4, and plug this into a normal motherboard. Sure you still have to deal with the bloat of the motherboard, operating system and software - but it is a step in the rig...

Inheritance: Implementing pure virtual functions by inheriting from an object providing an implementation
Hi I'm wondering if an idea that I have should work. Well the compiler (mingw) does not seem to allow it, but I'm not sure why it does not work. I have an interface class: class IManagable { public: virtual void setID(int new_id) = 0; virtual int getID() = 0; } And an object implementing this interface: class ManagableObject { public: ManagableObject () { id = -1; } ~ManagableObject (); // Implement functions inline void setID(int new_id) { id = new_id; } inline int getID() { return id; } private: int id; } I've read in the FAQ that inheritanc...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2
BIN 9.99 12 available $10 shipping >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Can someone forward one to me in France please ? I don't want to do an expensive wire transfer to get one. Thanks Nicolas ...

Auc-tion: IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120064993053 End time: Dec-21-06 00:32:30 PST (4 days 11 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: BERTONE MOTORS, CINCINNATI, OHIO, United States No affiliation "picture may not be actual item exactly; but is of and will be a PS2 microchannel modem; picture may not be exact card, I have several to sell and they are not the same, specs are within that stated" -- Jelte ...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2 #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQcmdZViewItem< BIN Sealed in box, includes cables. 13 available. ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

US-TX-Austin: Web Developer, Java, IBM Websphere, XML, RAD, IBM DB2; 1Y (45320932403)
US-TX-Austin: Web Developer, Java, IBM Websphere, XML, RAD, IBM DB2; 1Y (45320932403) ===================================================================================== Position: Web Developer Reference: SMC01675 Location: Austin TX Duration: 1Y Skills: 5yrs JAVA programming exp. 5yrs web application development exp, preferably with JAVA Server Pages and servlets. 1yr IBM Websphere exp. 6Ms XML exp. 5yrs exp with all phases of application analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance. Excellent communication skills, written and oral, with people of all technical levels. Exp in the use of Rapid Application Development (RAD) techniques to capture user requirements and develop working prototypes of applications systems. Ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines. BA degree with at least 14 credit hours of courses in Computer Science. Exp in programming and implementation of application systems. Exp programming using IBM WebSphere Application Developer Studio. Exp with IBM WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server. Exp with IBM DB2. Exp developing Java Servlets, Java JSP, and Java JDBC....

IBM AS400

Web resources about - You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable. - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc