"Ritual" is "MumboJumbo"

Well it looks as if Ritual has been "saved". Don't know if we'll ever
get to see a SiN Episodes 2 or another Painkiller, but at least this
bunch of talented people have jobs in the industry still.

MumboJumbo are better known for casual games like Luxor. Let's hope
they decide to branch out a bit and venture into the Action/FPS games
market.

Somehow I can't quite see myself getting over excited at the prospect
of "Super Collapse: Episode 3- Revenge of the Orange and Blue
Marbles".

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=74809

--
Rob
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14509 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Rob wrote:
> Well it looks as if Ritual has been "saved". Don't know if we'll ever
> get to see a SiN Episodes 2 or another Painkiller, but at least this
> bunch of talented people have jobs in the industry still.
>
> MumboJumbo are better known for casual games like Luxor. Let's hope
> they decide to branch out a bit and venture into the Action/FPS games
> market.
>
> Somehow I can't quite see myself getting over excited at the prospect
> of "Super Collapse: Episode 3- Revenge of the Orange and Blue
> Marbles".
>
> http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=74809

Oh you bastard, and RIGHT on the exact same minute as me!

:)
0
fg (934)
1/24/2007 9:36:17 PM
"Rob" <noemailformethx@jsjsaiiowppw.invalid> wrote in message

> Well it looks as if Ritual has been "saved". Don't know if we'll ever
> get to see a SiN Episodes 2 or another Painkiller, but at least this
> bunch of talented people have jobs in the industry still.

Not sure how this relates to Painkiller?

0
nomail38 (152)
1/25/2007 2:26:09 AM
Ham Pastrami wrote:
> "Rob" <noemailformethx@jsjsaiiowppw.invalid> wrote in message
>> Well it looks as if Ritual has been "saved". Don't know if we'll ever
>> get to see a SiN Episodes 2 or another Painkiller, but at least this
>> bunch of talented people have jobs in the industry still.
>
> Not sure how this relates to Painkiller?

Great. Now it's Highlandish AND Rob who get it wrong. :)

It's an interesting coincidence that no only was a mistake made in
connecting Ritual to Painkiller, but also that Painkiller Gold was
released today on Steam. :)
0
fg (934)
1/25/2007 5:52:44 AM
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:22:44 +1030, FoolsGold <fg@gmail.com> wrote:

>It's an interesting coincidence that no only was a mistake made in
>connecting Ritual to Painkiller, but also that Painkiller Gold was
>released today on Steam. :)

Ooh, thanks for the heads up, will buy that :-)
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com
Andrew

about "++" and "--"

"out" and "in out"

why "::", not "."

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

Gary Sokolich """"""

puts "\\".gsub("\\", "\\\\")

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

"A" is not equal "A"?
I was trying to convert String Array to String A through cycle and than compare the result with String B but eventhough results were the same it returned false. I'am working in BlueJ 3.1.0 Code is: public boolean Method () { String[] Example = {"a","b","c"}; String A = ""; String B = "abc" for (int i = 0; i<3 ; i++) { A = A + Example[i]; } if (A == B) { return true; } } never got true... I appreciate any suggestions how to solve this Den 08.04.2014 10:06, skrev 245dav@gmail.com:...

how to change "/" to "\"
iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. olympie@gmail.com wrote: > iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing > the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. sed 's/\//\\/g' will replace all '/' with '\' srp -- http://saju.net.in Saju Pillai <saju.pillai@gmail.com> wrote: >> iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing >> the pattrern "/" to "\" using ...

Re: "out" and "in out"
"no reliable initial value" means, you cannot rely on the value, but it may have a value. This depends on the parameter passing mechanism, which is _not_ related to the parameter mode (contrary to what many people think). So the parameter mode is there (nearly) solely for the information of the reader. The parameter passing mechanism for all kinds of parameters is defined in the RM. There are parameters passed by copy (in and out), by reference; for some it is explicitly left undefined. In your case, the passing mechanism is by reference, so you get what you get. But don't rely...

why have both "." and "->" ?
I used to remember why c++ needed both ? Could somebody help me here ? For example class A{ f(); }; A* aa; You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. Raj "raj" <rajkumar@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:d7fee6d0.0406230748.694b966b@posting.google.com... > I used to remember why c++ needed both ? > Could somebody help me here ? > > For example > > class A{ > f(); > }; > > A* aa; > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++...

"==" is NOT TRUE "==", WHY?
[CODE START] x=5; y=8; if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) a = 3 else a = 8 end [CODE END] When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. Why? Kindly advise. Thanks. "onemilimeter Chen" <onemm@example.com> wrote in message <g7adrj$5tr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > [CODE START] > x=5; > y=8; > if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) > a = 3 > else > a = 8 > end > [CODE END] > > When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. > When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. > > Why? ...

what does the "+" and the "-" mean?
I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of course, a friend has just asked me and I now forget. I've searched all over the place with no results. Anyone know? TIA! .. -------------------------------------- Mike Richter, were you born with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face? -------------------------------------- roscoe james wrote: > > I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of > course, a friend h...

"plot", "imshow" and "quiver"
Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, the YDir parameter under Axis Properties is set to "reverse" by default. To me this seems counter intuitive. Why wouldn't YDir be "normal" by default? When set at "normal" it turns out that my image is actually flipped upside down. On the contrary, when use "quiver" command to plot a vector field, the YDir is set at "normal" by default. Even though this makes more sense to me, because "reversed" YDir is the correct way to display an image (as in "imshow"), the result of "quiver" is that the vector fields this time depict the objects as if they are upside down... So every time I use "quiver" I always add the following line to revert the objects back to its normal orientation... set(gca, 'YDir', 'reverse')... In addition, "plot" uses "normal" setting for YDir. The only issue I have is that I use these commands fairly frequently in my job and sometimes they can get a little bit confusing in terms of display. So I wonder why MATLAB hasn't standardized them so that the objects always get displayed the same way. It's just a comment I have. Thank you. "Clare " <flyingclare@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hefvdk$3md$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, > the ...

Is there any """Anti Stringizing operator #"""
Hi everybody:D I've a string that contains the name of a class. Some members told that I can use """Stringizing Operator (#)""", but the problem is here, that I have the string, & I want something vice- versa. As we know with """Stringizing Operator (#)""", we can get the stirng name of a class or ... str <--- #ClassA But I want to instantiate a class that I have just it's name as a string. ClassA * clsA = new ??? <--- Str ??? How can I do it? I don't want to use """HardCoding"&qu...

["a", "b", "c", "d"] to "a, b, c, d"?
I want to process each element of an array, but the last element should be handled special. Here is an example: def p_ary(ary) str = "" ary.each do |elem| str << elem << ", " end str.chomp!(", ") str end so p_ary(["a", "f", "x", "test"]) produces "a, f, x, test". The code works, but isn't there an easier and more general way for this behaviour? martinus On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:23:22 -0700, Martin wrote: > I want to process each element of an array, but the last ele...

if("0X0"=="000"){echo "boo";}
Hi ;) Everything is in the title. the prob is "boo" is displayed ! Can you believe it ? Thanx for anyone who can help me. fabrice. Fabrice R=E9gnier wrote: > Hi ;) > > Everything is in the title. the prob is "boo" is displayed ! Can you > believe it ? Thanx for anyone who can help me. > > fabrice. That's because they are equal! PHP interprets the string "0X0" as zero in Hexidecimal and that is equal to 0. What are you trying to accomplish? Ken Fabrice R?gnier <regnier.fab@free.fr> wrote: > Everything is in the title. the pr...

Why "Let*" and not "Let" after "do" in a loop??? Grrr.
Here is a bit of code... (defun example () (let ((listlen (1- (length *text-array*)))) (loop for i from listlen downto 0 for j = (nth i *text-array*) ;position of first alpha character. do (let* .....insert bindings plus body of let* code here etc... So... Why does that last "let*" work while a "let" in the same place does not and throws an error about how the variables in the bindings following the let have no value? The following is the bit of code I was working on that brought up the issue... it is part of code that I am post...

Problem with "Expect" ? "Telnet"? "TclApp"?
Hi, My script try to "Telnet" a machine with "Expect", and it is wrapped to EXE extension with "TclApp". DEP is turned off, and file dgbhelp.dll exists. And now, I run the script. It works well in some PC. However in others, it turns out that the commands in "Telnet" is not executed. I capture the packets, and find that the "username" is not promoted when the server ask for it. Then I try the tcl extension script, it is OK in every PC. I have no idea what's going on.It is the problem of "Expect", "Telnet", or "TclApp", or the OS of my PCs? zhoujingyu Regards, The problem troubles me so much. I am crying for you help. Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you very much! Regards, zhoujingyu At 2008-04-23 08:51PM, "1985zhoujingyu@163.com" wrote: > The problem troubles me so much. I am crying for you help. Can anyone > give me some advice? Thank you very much! Show us your Expect script. -- Glenn Jackman "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -- Bill Vaughan On 4=D4=C224=C8=D5, =CF=C2=CE=E79=CA=B124=B7=D6, Glenn Jackman <gle...@ncf.c= a> wrote: > > Show us your Expect script. > > -- > Glenn Jackman > "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, > it'...

"Log out", "Shut down", and "Restart" inoperative?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3174031899_112514 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit (BTW, thanks to all for suggestions re. Network performance � it turned out there was some packet loss) Selecting log out, shut down, or restart from apple menu has no effect on G5 w/10.3.4 (with latest patches). Sleep does work, however. No �spinning ball� cursor or error message � just doesn�t work. This worked at first, t...

"token" "token sequence" "scalar variable" "vector" ??
Hi, can someone tell me what the following words mean as per C/clc: 1) token 2) token sequence 3) scalar variable 4) vector "G Fernandes" <ge.fernandes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1108685930.401684.323430@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, can someone tell me what the following words mean as per C/clc: > > 1) token > Section A.1.1(of c99): keyword identifier constant string-literal punctuator > 2) token sequence Think any allowable combination of the above mentioned tokens. e.g., const volatile int *x; > > 3) scalar v...

"Adapter" or "Adaptor"
All this time I have been thinking "Adaptor" as the proper term for network adapt[e|o|r. Which is it? Both seems to be used. Which seems more natural to you? [That will be the one I choose.] -Le Chaud Lapin- Le Chaud Lapin <jaibuduvin@gmail.com> wrote: > All this time I have been thinking "Adaptor" as the proper term for > network adapt[e|o|r. > Which is it? Both seems to be used. > Which seems more natural to you? NIC :) rick jones -- the road to hell is paved with business decisions... these opinions are mine, all mine; H...

Web resources about - "Ritual" is "MumboJumbo" - comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action