2016 c.s.i.p.g.a Games Give-Away Advent Calendar - Day 24

Ho-ho-ho!

So here we are: Day 24 of the C.S.I.P.G.A. Games Give-away Advent
Calendar. There is just one little door left on this digital calendar.
I open this, and then its all over. After that, if you want any more
free games you need to look to Santa to fulfill your needs, 'cause I'm
outta keys.

I hope you've enjoyed this run-up to Christmas, and I hope that those
of you (Mike S!) who benefitted from it have fun with all the games. I
will, of course, be expecting full reviews (or at least mentions) of
the games you've all snagged in the coming year's "What Have You Been
Playing" threads, else I'll sic the Krampus on you to take all the
games back ;-). I doubt that I'll be repeating this sort of give-away
next year but I had fun doing it this year and hope you all enjoyed it
as well. You all have a great Christmas or Chanukkah, or Kwanza, or
whatever Winter Solstice observance you choose to celebrate (unless
it's Festivus; if you dance around the aluminum pole, you are dead to
me* :) and have an awesome, game-filled New Year!

And with that done... today's game, the last game of the 2016
c.s.i.p.g.a Games Give-Away Advent Calendar (drum roll please!)

X-Com Complete + Civilization Complete
What better way to ring out the old year than with an awesome strategy
bundle. This collection includes all the full X-Com reboot (XCOM:
Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack, XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot
Pack, and XCOM: Enemy Within and the full Civilization Complete bundle
(Civilization IV: The Complete Edition, Sid Meier's Civilization V,
Sid Meier's Starships. And I think the Civ4 bundle includes the
Civilization: Colonization reboot too). So basically, a HUGE amount of
gaming. And not just any games, but some of the best games made; I
find Civilization so addictive that I actually can't keep it installed
on my hard-drive. The X-Com reboot streamlined and prettified the
classic tactical-strategy titles, making it more accessible whilst
keeping the almost Rogue-like difficulty. These are some of my
favorite games, and I hope they become yours too.

Platform: Windows PC (it was always Windows PC, why did I bother?)
Distributor: Steam (it was always Steam, why did I bother?)
Key: RW8YF-Q4ZWT-64QNX

Happy Holidays, C.S.P.I.G.A.! Keep on gaming!

Ho-ho-ho!

* Just kidding. Joyous Festivus to you too!

0
Spalls
12/24/2016 2:41:19 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14509 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 09:41:19 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>X-Com Complete + Civilization Complete
>Platform: Windows PC (it was always Windows PC, why did I bother?)
>Distributor: Steam (it was always Steam, why did I bother?)
>Key: RW8YF-Q4ZWT-64QNX
>
>Happy Holidays, C.S.P.I.G.A.! Keep on gaming!
>
>Ho-ho-ho!

Wow, what a fantastic bundle of games this is. The last Civ I played
was Civ 3 but it is one of my favorite strategy games ever. Now I have
every reason to get back into this series. And yes, just to confirm,
Civ IV: Colonization is included. I still have the original Microprose
Colonization installed under DOSBOX. :) Another favorite of mine.

And as for X-COM, well I played and finished the original Jagged
Alliance not too long ago and I did want to try X-COM at some point
since I knew it was a similar type of game. It is also why I bought
the Shadowrun games on Steam awhile back when they were on sale.

I told you that you probably could not top Wizardry 8 for me, but this
particular bundle is just too good. So I was wrong about that.

Thank you and Happy Holidays to you as well!!!!
0
Mike
12/24/2016 3:17:50 PM
>X-Com Complete + Civilization Complete

    Haven't tried any of these series yet!

>Thank you and Happy Holidays to you as well!!!!

    Yay!  See you next month, all!

rms
0
rms