Failed to find Master AuthenticationServer

Over and over and over and over and over.

That or "Connection refused."

I guess I should be grateful.  A while ago it was something about trying to
read memory without access rights.

Steve Tilson

--
"We're not going to kill you.  The moral thing is to let you die a natural
death.  Alone.  In a pile of your own filth."

I am getting the same thing....started the process at 5:00 EST....$55 was a
lot to pay for a game that works...................
<SteveTilson@rightbehindyou.com> wrote in message
> Over and over and over and over and over.
>
> That or "Connection refused."
>
> I guess I should be grateful.  A while ago it was something about trying
> read memory without access rights.
>
> Steve Tilson
>
> --
> "We're not going to kill you.  The moral thing is to let you die a natural
> death.  Alone.  In a pile of your own filth."
>                                       - Frylock

0
rob77dm (2)
11/16/2004 10:51:53 PM
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:51:53 -0500, "RobM" <rob77dm@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am getting the same thing....started the process at 5:00 EST....$55 was a
>lot to pay for a game that works...................
><SteveTilson@rightbehindyou.com> wrote in message
>> Over and over and over and over and over.
>>
>> That or "Connection refused."

 Same for the past few hours. I bought the game today Retail at
Target. Cannot play it without this Steam stuff.
0
nospam9775 (10)
11/16/2004 11:22:34 PM
NO SPAM <nospam@adelphia.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:51:53 -0500, "RobM" <rob77dm@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >I am getting the same thing....started the process at 5:00 EST....$55
> >was a lot to pay for a game that works...................
> ><SteveTilson@rightbehindyou.com> wrote in message
> >> Over and over and over and over and over.
> >>
> >> That or "Connection refused."
> >>

>  Same for the past few hours. I bought the game today Retail at
> Target. Cannot play it without this Steam stuff.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I'm able to access the Steam website, but
no joy on even creating a Steam account.

My good will toward Valve is evaporating by the minute.

Steve Tilson

--
"We're not going to kill you.  The moral thing is to let you die a natural
death.  Alone.  In a pile of your own filth."
                                      - Frylock
0
SteveTilson (228)
11/16/2004 11:25:15 PM
Yup, same here; bought game, installed ok but can't play it. Steam is
really great isn't it? NOT!!!!

SteveTilson@rightbehindyou.com wrote:
> Over and over and over and over and over.
>
> That or "Connection refused."
>
> I guess I should be grateful.  A while ago it was something about trying to
> read memory without access rights.
>
> Steve Tilson

0
ask2600 (111)
11/16/2004 11:46:22 PM
On 16 Nov 2004 23:25:15 GMT, SteveTilson@rightbehindyou.com wrote:

>NO SPAM <nospam@adelphia.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:51:53 -0500, "RobM" <rob77dm@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I am getting the same thing....started the process at 5:00 EST....$55
>> >was a lot to pay for a game that works...................
>> ><SteveTilson@rightbehindyou.com> wrote in message

>>  Same for the past few hours. I bought the game today Retail at
>> Target. Cannot play it without this Steam stuff.
>
>I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I'm able to access the Steam website, but
>no joy on even creating a Steam account.
>
>My good will toward Valve is evaporating by the minute.
>
>Steve Tilson
I guess we know why they call it Steam now. It is making everyone so
mad they have Steam coming out of their ears. ;)
0
noone5999 (7)
11/17/2004 12:38:02 AM
Did you check over by the canals?
0
Gamera (1124)

PC Gaming Almost Dead -AGAIN- So................ PC Industry Consortium to announce 'PC Gaming Alliance' to save PC gaming
Takahashi: Gaming Alliance stumps for PC By Dean Takahashi Mercury News 02/12/2008 The personal computer game industry has trailed behind its console brethren in recent years as easy-to-play games on the Nintendo Wii or online games on the Xbox 360 have stolen the excitement. Companies with a vested interest in keeping the PC alive as a gaming platform will soon announce a consortium dubbed the PC Gaming Alliance. According to two people familiar with the effort, it will include top industry players such as Intel, Microsoft, Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices as well as a number of computer ...

FA: 14 Hrs Left on IBM WIN/PC Games: 3.30 DOS master Disks, Dac Acc, Arkania III, Star Trek: TNG, Thomas & Friends, Amber, More
** ONLY 14 HRS LEFT ON 24 IBM DOS/WIN GAMES - SEE DETAILS BELOW ** We have Lots of IBM PC Windows/DOS to suit everyones taste. To check them ALL out, please click on the URL Link below: http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=downeasttreasures All Auctions have NO Reserve, Low Starting Bids, and Clear Pictures (there are anywhere from 1-12 Pictures per Auction). It just doesn't get any better than this. Take a look and check them out before it's too late. Enjoy the Auctions and bid now before you forget to do it. There are currently around 4...

Action and Adventure Games.(play action games online)
play action games online http://www.syubrawi.com/play-action-games-online Computer gaming has gained wide popularity among the masses. From puzzle stories to races there are a number of computer and video games which can be played in a variety of plat forms, such as PS3, PS2, Xbox, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS. Action and adventure games belongs to that genre of games which involve exotic games like wrestling, fighting, space travels, star wars, fictional adventures and situational games. Often this type of games come with a story line and is rich in graphics and animation. It is seen that...

pc games complains about the state of PC gaming, however...
It seems to me the consoles are the ones really in trouble. The XBox is no competiton, because it can barely keep up with current gen titles and next gen DX10 titles will put the final nails in the coffin, not to mention all the good XBox 360 titles are available with better graphics on the PC and with better control. The Wii has a market with kids/grannys and such (and deserves it, I suppose with the gimmicky controller that most folks already seem to be losing interest in, so they will need some stellar titles to maintain momentum).. The PS3 has failed, plain and simple. Defeat conceded here: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/biztech/06/19/japan.sony.ap/index.html "Reap The Wild Wind" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:c82h735vd5kpmdenh7npirht49cfhjj3lu@4ax.com... > It seems to me the consoles are the ones really in trouble. > > The XBox is no competiton, because it can barely keep up with current > gen titles and next gen DX10 titles will put the final nails in the > coffin, not to mention all the good XBox 360 titles are available with > better graphics on the PC and with better control. You're leaving out just about every single sports game. The only action sports games for the PC are Madden, NBA and NHL (well, soccer, too, but I don't count that). PC doesn't even have a baseball game anymore, except for text sims. Plus, the XBox 360 still has titles like Gears of War, Dead Rising and the coming Halo 3 that w...

Action and Adventure Games.(play action games online)
play action games online http://www.syubrawi.com/play-action-games-online Computer gaming has gained wide popularity among the masses. From puzzle stories to races there are a number of computer and video games which can be played in a variety of plat forms, such as PS3, PS2, Xbox, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS. Action and adventure games belongs to that genre of games which involve exotic games like wrestling, fighting, space travels, star wars, fictional adventures and situational games. Often this type of games come with a story line and is rich in graphics and animation. It is seen that...

FA: 36 IBM PC Games
*** ONLY 48 HOURS LEFT ON SOME IBM GAMES *** Have 36 IBM PC Compatible Games up for Auction and another 20 or so will be added in the next two days. Have lots of RPG, Adventure, and Classic Games. All Games have NO Reserve, Low Starting Bids, and Clear Pictures. Lots more Game related items will be Auctioned off during the next few Months, so keep us bookmarked for future reference. Thanks for looking and good luck in your bidding. <NOTE: Please remove the "NOJUNKMAIL" from the Reply-To address> To check them ALL out, please click on the URL Link below...

PC Action Games For September
There are a lot of other PC games coming out, strategy, rpg, mmorpg, etc. but these are the major PC action games due in September. Doom 3 for August and November has even more major titles. Hoo-ya! Shellshock: Nam 67 Call of Duty: United Offensive Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Silent Hunter III Star Wars Battlefront S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (maybe) Half Life 2 (maybe) "Blig Merk" <blog_smirk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9e2af5be.0407181219.18285e1c@posting.google.com... > There are a lot of other PC games coming out, strategy, rpg, mmorpg, > etc. but these are the major PC...

What for you, are the best things about PC action gaming?
What for you, have always been the best (serious or humorous) thing/s about PC action gaming, compared to other leisure entertainments (such as watching TV or a DVD, book reading, having sex, or exercising (not that any of those valuable things suck of course). On 27 Jan 2006 04:06:59 -0800, "Mike" <gaz203@hotmail.com> wrote: >What for you, have always been the best (serious or humorous) thing/s >about PC action gaming, compared to other leisure entertainments (such >as watching TV or a DVD, >book reading, having sex, or exercising (not that any of those valuable >things suck of course). Click! <hangs up phone> Quoth The Raven; Mike <gaz203@hotmail.com> in <1138363619.374343.313920@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> > What for you, have always been the best (serious or humorous) thing/s > about PC action gaming, compared to other leisure entertainments (such > as watching TV or a DVD, > book reading, having sex, or exercising (not that any of those > valuable things suck of course). according to the press I should be a serial killer away from my pc, as I like to let off steam with mindless and humorous ways of killing a lot of ppl on screen -- Remove the _CURSEING to reply to me Why is it that no matter what colour of bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white? Gaming keeps me uptodate on PC hardware ... which is my job. I constantly read hype on any new product, but gaming proves that product for...

Auction: 640K RAM CARD Memory expansion for IBM PC , IBM PC/XT
>http://cgi.ebay.com/640K-RAM-CARD-Memory-expansion-for-IBM-PC-IBM-PC-XT_W0QQitemZ8764134178QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-16-06 15:46:57 PST 3 available ...

Good PC action games going to PS3?
Well, you probably know by now that Microsoft hires tons of people to post online and complain about PS3 in online forums and blog comments and news followup comments. Only recently Sony has countered the threat and did the same to protect their image. There are lots at stake. One is that Microsoft feels threatened that this playstation product line is taking a large percentage of the main reason people purchase computers (to play games and surf the internet). Sony enlisted the help of UK and now the battle has begun. At the helm of Sony is a UK boss and you know that the US (where Microsoft is) and the UK split up a while ago (declaration of independence). Well, if you remember a while ago, England liked going to different countries and merging them into their own (colonies or commonwealth, whatever you call it). At one point it had India, Hong Kong, Canada, United States, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and many others on almost all the continents. The United States rebelled and split up and soon after many countries did the same, but not all. The US took this independence split so strongly it started going to other countries to split them up as well (West and East Germany, China and Taiwan, North and South Korea, and almost Vietnam). In fact the US almost split itself apart during the US civil war. Right now it is trying to split Iraq into different parts based on ethnicities (I think they are building walls now). Japan is like the UK, it liked going to ot...

FA: 8 PC GAME Guides - Strategy Guides for 8 PC Games
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5727629858 ...

The most valuable new weapon in a PC action game...............
.................. the brand-new Logitech G5 ( or wireless G7 ) Laser mouse. I have just received one courtesy of buy.com ( $55 plus shipping ) and have tried it out. Besides its truly outstanding accuracy and response speed, there are several neat attention-to-detail features. The G5 comes with a collection of user-installable weights ( 8 of 1.7 gram and 8 of 4.5 gram ), of which up to 8 in any combination can be pressed into a holder which then snaps into an area roughly where the batteries would be placed in the G7 wireless version. So you can precisely customize the "feel" of the mouse. (The G7 has no such weight adjustment). The sliding-pads on the mouse-base seems to be an exceptionally-hard non-stick Teflon-type material and will definitely not pick up crud. The thin mouse-cable has a woven-fibre sheath over its whole length which does not significantly affect flexibility, but sure increases its resistance to stretch and stops the cable bending short at the point where it enters the mouse -- a classic internal-fracture point due to excessive long-term flex... I have repaired many dud mice just by just cutting the cable an inch or two from the mouse, removing the faulty section and rewiring internally. The G5 box has a "Gaming" label on it.....That is nonsense. IMHO, this mouse is the current optimum mouse for all purposes. The G5 is USB only and the software is compatible with Win98, 2000, Me or XP. Dunno what the G7 (wireless version) compa...

Upcoming Action PC Games for 2010-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq_UOABfBAI What are you looking forward to? Mafia 2 here, which is not even there for some reason. (video gets extra points for the Loreena Mckennitt touch tough) Thanks for that Metal G. ...For me ... Fallout Las Vegas (looking better there than I've been expecting) Dues Ex Crysis 2 Watching that succession of video clips I was struck just how similar they all looked, even the Crysis 2 clip was indoors & dark. ...nearly all of them sequels. Do any of us really need yet another Call Of Duty ? (sigh) (\__/) (='.'=) (")_(") mou...

FA: 8 PC GAME Guides - Strategy Guides for 8 PC Games
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5727629858 ...

PROTOTYPE
Out for Xbox 360 & PS3 also... good (not VERY good) reviews there. PC version out today .'THEY' describe ."Action Adventure." Link to reviews ; http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/prototype?q=prototype No sign of a Demo .. Looks like (say) Multi special talents Spiderman ....wide open roaming design.. .......a shapeshifter with amazing powers ,,,,. Consume targets for their form and memories to assume a perfect disguise, .... transform your body into an array of deadly biological weapons, ....... Stalk ....New York City,... searching for the life you lead ...

How to exclude action of Find::Find::find in subdirectories with known names? 136296
I must pass through directory tree and to execute some action with files, names of which described by regex. I need not do it in directories SCCS and VVS, which can be in every subdirectory. The following code works correctly, does not action ("THE ACTION") in unwanted directories, but it pass through every subdirectory. I'd would like that it will worked faster, and procedure "wanted" will not step inside SCCS and VVS. I have tried for that purpose the "untaint_pattern" and "untaint_skip" options but did not success. Perhaps I used incorrect values. Or, I do not understand the task of the options correctly. Somebody can suggest to me the decision? Thanks in advance, --Vadim ...

FA: 3 PC GAMES - SPYCRAFT, POLICE QUEST, KING'S QUEST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5765197226 ...

FA: 3 PC GAMES - SPYCRAFT, POLICE QUEST, KING'S QUEST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5765197226 ...

FA Pc game nib $5. homeland2 award winner + also pc game XIII nib #2
Goto http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=macstl Its fixed price listing for a dime only so you won't see me doing these kinds of prices very often at all if ever.... 6959715837 May-07-05 May-14-05 11:15:52 $9.99 The Works of Voltaire hb old No Bids Yet 6959716665 May-07-05 May-14-05 11:22:15 $9.99 THE STORY OF MANKIND by H. Van Loon 1923freegift No Bids Yet 6959718551 May-07-05 May-14-05 11:36:22 $9.99 Tess of the D'Urbervilles, A Pure Woman No Bids Yet 8304572154 May-07-05 May-14-05 12:10:12 $9.99 Leather Jacket VG authentic No Bids Yet 577...

FA: Full collection of mainstream Ultima games for IBM/PC
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultima-I-II-III-IV-V-VI-VII-VIII-IX-and-MORE-for-sale_W0QQitemZ270076489142QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4315QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ...

ARMA 2: will there be a better action game on PC this year?
Due for release this week in Europe... On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:55:58 +0100, "Musicrab" <musicrab@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: >Due for release this week in Europe... > I think it'd due out here in late June... I'm looking forward to it, just based on what I've read about the terrain and open-ness of the world. In the past I haven't been real taken with squad based tactical shooters. It sounds silly, but it feels like work to me. Its the same thing that doesn't appeal to me about RTS games. I like the tactical play, but I don't like dealing with the...

Need help in finding an easy FPS game for playing on a PC.
I have always stayed away from computer games as I had little interest in them. However my husband has me interested of late. He tried to get me to play PainKiller and soon Doom3. I just want a basic Windows shoot-em-up (or other type if you have a recommendation) game that has decent graphics, decent sound, is fun, not too hard, etc... Perhaps a military type game might be good or trying to save someone. I do not like shooting ghouls or searching for a lot of clues, etc... What I did not like about "PainKiller-Heaven's got a Hitman": Good graphics but I am not one to try to capture every Soul, every goodie in every casket/box, etc..., crawling around a cemetary and so on. I can see the gun but nothing else. But perhaps that is ok. Have not tried Doom yet as I think it will overwhelm me with levels, hidden things, special cheats and so on..... I like a decent challenge but not an elaborate puzzle to solve. Just want some enjoyment. I know there are some Java/Flash games out there but I am willing to pay for a decent game even if it has Multiplayer capability for free (cheap) via broadband. Got the necessary hardware. Thanks for any recommendations. I did download a few demos and went to a few review sites. Thanks in advance Patty <pattyjamas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1113873716.122151.164810@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have always stayed away from computer games as I had little interest > in them. However my hus...

FA: Full collection of mainstream Ultima games for IBM/PC
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultima-I-II-III-IV-V-VI-VII-VIII-IX-and-MORE-for-sale_W0QQitemZ270076489142QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4315QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ...

No FPS or even Action games in the 2006 best selling PC titles
No FPS or even Action games in the 2006 best selling PC Game titles http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14997 At least overall sales for PC Games didn't decline as it happen in 2005, and there was even a slight raise no not everything is bad... The top selling PC games for 2006 (sorted by units) were: 1. World of Warcraft (incl. collector's)-Vivendi 2. The Sims 2-EA 3. The Sims 2 Open For Business Expansion Pack-EA 4. Star Wars: Empire At War-LucasArts 5. The Sims 2 Pets Expansion Pack-EA 6. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (incl. collector's)-Take-Two 7. MS Age Of Empires III (incl. collector's)-Microsoft 8. The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff Expansion Pack-EA 9. Civilization IV-Take-Two 10. The Sims 2 Nightlife Expansion Pack-EA So again will anyone deny 2006 was a weak year for FPS and even Action for the PC? pc games wrote: > No FPS or even Action games in the 2006 best selling PC > Game titles > > http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14997 > > At least overall sales for PC Games didn't decline as it > happen in 2005, and there was even a slight raise no not > everything is bad... > > The top selling PC games for 2006 (sorted by units) were: > 1. World of Warcraft (incl. collector's)-Vivendi > 2. The Sims 2-EA > 3. The Sims 2 Open For Business Expansion Pack-EA > 4. Star Wars: Empire At War-LucasArts > 5. The Sims 2 Pets Expansion Pack-EA > ...

Web resources about - Failed to find Master AuthenticationServer - comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

AuthenticationServers WoW Insider
We'll be performing maintenance on our authentication services this evening which may impact the ability to log in for some players. The maintenance ...

Why I've given up on PEAP
Wireless security always seems one of those things that’s fairly easy to getright. It’s reasonably well established what security mechanisms ...