rms

0
rms
8/5/2014 6:43:02 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14509 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 12:43:02 -0600, "rms" <rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net>
wrote:

>I have it on GoG already, but yeah!
>https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/wing-commander-3-heart-of-the-tiger/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition
>
>rms

This makes me want to spend the 5 bucks or whatever on GOG more than
contaminate my computer with yet another EA DRM scheme.

Griping in no way directed at you, thanks for the heads up. ;-)
0
Tim
8/6/2014 10:13:13 AM
"rms" <rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net> wrote:
>I have it on GoG already, but yeah!
>https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/wing-commander-3-heart-of-the-tiger/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

For some reason rms's free stuff posts never make it to my news server.
I'm guessing they're being eaten by some sort of spam filter.

Tim O  <timo56REMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:
>This makes me want to spend the 5 bucks or whatever on GOG more than
>contaminate my computer with yet another EA DRM scheme.

I've already have Origin installed, so I added it to my account.
That makes three copies for me now.  The CD-ROM version, the GOG.com
version I got in a bundle last sale, and now Origin.  I really should
play it one of these days.

					Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo]  rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca
<rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

>I've already have Origin installed, so I added it to my account.
>That makes three copies for me now.  The CD-ROM version, the GOG.com
>version I got in a bundle last sale, and now Origin.  I really should
>play it one of these days.
>
>					Ross Ridge

I loved Wing Commander and the Origin action/story/sim games (I played
the hell out of Pacific Strike and Wings Of Glory), but my computer
was too dated to run Wing Commander 3 when it came out.

By the time I upgraded, it felt like it was too late to go back... The
whole movie game thing was  over and already considered cornball.

Can't believe I've been into this so long!
0
Tim
8/7/2014 7:31:28 PM
Am 07.08.14 21:31, schrieb Tim O:
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2014 11:21:57 -0400, Ross Ridge
> <rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>
>> I've already have Origin installed, so I added it to my account.
>> That makes three copies for me now.  The CD-ROM version, the GOG.com
>> version I got in a bundle last sale, and now Origin.  I really should
>> play it one of these days.
>>
>> 					Ross Ridge
>
> I loved Wing Commander and the Origin action/story/sim games (I played
> the hell out of Pacific Strike and Wings Of Glory), but my computer
> was too dated to run Wing Commander 3 when it came out.
>
> By the time I upgraded, it felt like it was too late to go back... The
> whole movie game thing was  over and already considered cornball.
>
> Can't believe I've been into this so long!

Actually in WC3 the movies were quite fitting. I still like FMV games,
played the new Tex Murphy recently, and it showed me how I missed those
games.

0
Werner
8/8/2014 10:22:13 AM
A week of BF4 and 2 days of Amalur have to added to game time too.
https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/free-games/game-time
0
Jim
8/8/2014 12:49:04 PM
Tim O  <timo56REMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I loved Wing Commander and the Origin action/story/sim games (I played
>the hell out of Pacific Strike and Wings Of Glory), but my computer
>was too dated to run Wing Commander 3 when it came out.
>
>By the time I upgraded, it felt like it was too late to go back... The
>whole movie game thing was  over and already considered cornball.

I kinda followed a similar path, but I wasn't into these games as much
as you were.  Wing Commander and Wing Commander: Privateer are the only
two games in the series that I've played.  I never gave Wing Commander 3
much thought when it came out as I didn't have a CD-ROM drive, but ended
up buying it as one of those EA discount re-releases.  I've installed it
(and still have it installed), but never got past the intro and a bit
of the starting gameplay.

I remember reading a post here on Usenet explaining how to beat a
difficult escort mission in the original Wing Commander.  It explained
that when you heard the distinctive sound of the enemies attacking the
escorted ship, you should break off your dog fighting and go after the
fighters attacking the ship.  I remember thinking at the time that I
didn't hear anything, and then I rememered I didn't have a sound card
when I played.  It then occured to me I was playing the game in a more
realistic mode.

(That led to my theory that space in games like these isn't a vacuum.
There's some sort of non-breathable gas filling up space that explains
both the lack of interia and why you can hear things like other ships
exploding.)

						Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo]  rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca
-()-/()/  http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rridge/
 db  //
0
Ross
8/11/2014 5:11:00 PM
Ross Ridge <rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> looked up from reading the
entrails of the porn spammer to utter  "The Augury is good, the signs
say:

>Tim O  <timo56REMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>I loved Wing Commander and the Origin action/story/sim games (I played
>>the hell out of Pacific Strike and Wings Of Glory), but my computer
>>was too dated to run Wing Commander 3 when it came out.
>>
>>By the time I upgraded, it felt like it was too late to go back... The
>>whole movie game thing was  over and already considered cornball.
>
>I kinda followed a similar path, but I wasn't into these games as much
>as you were.  Wing Commander and Wing Commander: Privateer are the only
>two games in the series that I've played.  I never gave Wing Commander 3
>much thought when it came out as I didn't have a CD-ROM drive, but ended
>up buying it as one of those EA discount re-releases.  I've installed it
>(and still have it installed), but never got past the intro and a bit
>of the starting gameplay.

I played 1+extra missions, 2+extra missions Privateer and Privateer2.
Never played 3 or 4, but then I was never into FMV cutscene games - I
much preferred the way 1,2 and Privateer did it with animated cutscenes
instead of actors and the choice of choosing your own name, not being
assigned a role.
Which is why despite it having better graphics, Freelancer will never be
as good as Privateer.

Played WC5, whatever it was called, once - borrowed it from a friend.

>I remember reading a post here on Usenet explaining how to beat a
>difficult escort mission in the original Wing Commander.  It explained
>that when you heard the distinctive sound of the enemies attacking the
>escorted ship, you should break off your dog fighting and go after the
>fighters attacking the ship.  I remember thinking at the time that I
>didn't hear anything, and then I rememered I didn't have a sound card
>when I played.  It then occured to me I was playing the game in a more
>realistic mode.
>
>(That led to my theory that space in games like these isn't a vacuum.
>There's some sort of non-breathable gas filling up space that explains
>both the lack of interia and why you can hear things like other ships
>exploding.)

At least in Freespace2 they had you flying in that Nebula a lot of the
time where that would actually kinda be true.

Xocyll
0
Xocyll
8/11/2014 6:20:02 PM
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 13:11:00 -0400, Ross Ridge
<rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

>Tim O  <timo56REMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>I loved Wing Commander and the Origin action/story/sim games (I played
>>the hell out of Pacific Strike and Wings Of Glory), but my computer
>>was too dated to run Wing Commander 3 when it came out.
>>
>>By the time I upgraded, it felt like it was too late to go back... The
>>whole movie game thing was  over and already considered cornball.
>
>I kinda followed a similar path, but I wasn't into these games as much
>as you were.  Wing Commander and Wing Commander: Privateer are the only
>two games in the series that I've played.  I never gave Wing Commander 3
>much thought when it came out as I didn't have a CD-ROM drive, but ended
>up buying it as one of those EA discount re-releases.  I've installed it
>(and still have it installed), but never got past the intro and a bit
>of the starting gameplay.
>
>I remember reading a post here on Usenet explaining how to beat a
>difficult escort mission in the original Wing Commander.  It explained
>that when you heard the distinctive sound of the enemies attacking the
>escorted ship, you should break off your dog fighting and go after the
>fighters attacking the ship.  I remember thinking at the time that I
>didn't hear anything, and then I rememered I didn't have a sound card
>when I played.  It then occured to me I was playing the game in a more
>realistic mode.
>
>(That led to my theory that space in games like these isn't a vacuum.
>There's some sort of non-breathable gas filling up space that explains
>both the lack of interia and why you can hear things like other ships
>exploding.)
>
>						Ross Ridge

Hah! I'm not sure if Pacific Strike was the last Origin game released
on 3.5" floppies or not, but it was 9 discs! I still have the discs
and big manual that came with the game stashed somewhere.
0
Tim
8/11/2014 6:26:16 PM
Tim O  <timo56REMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hah! I'm not sure if Pacific Strike was the last Origin game released
>on 3.5" floppies or not, but it was 9 discs! I still have the discs
>and big manual that came with the game stashed somewhere.

The biggest game I have on floppy is Alien Legacy, which came on 7 3.5"
disks.

The game I own with the most disks though is my CD-ROM version of
EverQuest II which came on 10 discs.  Each disc is in its own cardboard
sleave with with its own picture for one of the races in the game.

I was thinking that the most disks I have for a single product is my copy
of Borland C++ 3.1 (12 3.5" floppies), but then I remembered that I have
a copy of the full retail edition of the Japanese version of Windows 95.
That's a whopping 21 disks, all Microsoft's in special DMF format that
squeezes 1680 KB of data on to normally 1440 KB 3.5" disks.

While I'm at it, I'll mention that my games partition is has only 22
GB free out of 999 GB total.  That doesn't include about 50GB of games
currently installed on my SSD.   Hmm... it would take at least 720,447
normal 3.5" disks to backup my games partition.

					Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo]  rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca
-()-/()/  http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rridge/
 db  //
0
Ross
8/12/2014 8:54:01 PM
Ross Ridge <rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> looked up from reading the
entrails of the porn spammer to utter  "The Augury is good, the signs
say:

<snip>
>I was thinking that the most disks I have for a single product is my copy
>of Borland C++ 3.1 (12 3.5" floppies), but then I remembered that I have
>a copy of the full retail edition of the Japanese version of Windows 95.
>That's a whopping 21 disks, all Microsoft's in special DMF format that
>squeezes 1680 KB of data on to normally 1440 KB 3.5" disks.

There's a thought to terrify:  Windows 8 floppy edition.

Xocyll
0
Xocyll

free free free
http://sanarga.googlepages.com Lot of freeeeee stuffs like free eBooks, free Movies, free wallpapers, free softwares still many more ...

free free free
Simply follow the instructions below and in 2 to 3 weeks, you will have at least $40,000 dollars in your PayPal account http://clix.to/thebest ...

free free free
http://sanarga.googlepages.com Lot of freeeeee stuffs like free eBooks, free Movies, free wallpapers, free softwares still many more ...

free free free
Your affiliate ID is: g1272750 ...

try this! free free free
http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47059143 In article <1164603467.475572.310230@l39g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>, velvet_storm1@yahoo.com says... >http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47059143 I'd be more inclined to click on the link if it didn't have your ID number in it. By the way, did you read rule #3 on their website: 3) Spamming or flooding public forums, bulletin boards or chats with Victim Links is forbidden and can lead to deletion of all game accounts involved. -- Ken Rice -=:=- kennrice (AT) erols (DOT) com http://users.erols.com/...

FREE FREE FREE CUTE ONLY ...............
COMPANIYING FREE 50 WEBS.COM *************************************** http://companying.50webs.com/ **************************************** ...

free free free usenet
JUST ONE CLICK SEE MORE TAMIL,MALAYALAM,ENGLISH ...HOT HOT HOT VIDEOS.. ############################ http://www.noteess.webs.com/ ############################ TOTALLY FREE JUST CLICK AND REGISTER YOUR NAME....WATCH FREE HARDCORE VIDEOS ###################################################### http://www.cuteonly.com/?a_aid=7bc05009&a_bid=f8a01a0b ###################################################### ...

FREE FREE FREE MONEY!!!!
My name is John and have just won the Australian lottery. Send you name and address to me JohnLavigna@aol.com and I will send you free cash. Rotfl, das ist nun mal wirklich der billigste Spam seit langem :> Gelacht hab ich trotzdem :) William South wrote: > My name is John and have just won the Australian lottery. > > Send you name and address to me JohnLavigna@aol.com and I will send you > free cash. In comp.os.linux.setup Felix Becker <mail@felix-becker.org>: > William South wrote: >> My name is John and have just won the Australian lo...

free Free FREE Deadspace!!
Move fast! https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/dead-space-ANW.html rms ...

try this! free free free
http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47059143 ...

free download pc games & free pc cheat codes
http://kh-pcgames.blogspot.com In this site you can free download computer games and games cheat codes and much more you want! ...

FREE FREE FREE REGISTERED SOFTWARES FOR ALL.
LOVELY FRIENDS,ASALLAM O ALEKUM. VISIT MY WEB PAGE FOR FREE SOFTWARES IN KARACHI, PAKISTAN AND FOR ALL OVER WORLD. http://www.freeapps4all.blogspot.com www.freeapps4all.tk Send me you're request on my web. Check my web for latest softwares. i will be contact with you soon.. Take cares,so much. HAVE A NICE NICE DAY, FREEAPPS4ALL AAMIR JAVED ...

free Free FREE Realms of the Haunting!
Wonderful game: https://www.indiegala.com/realms rms "rms" <rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net> wrote in message news:m2r21q$bgn$1@dont-email.me... > Wonderful game: > https://www.indiegala.com/realms > > rms I couldn't get that website. It said "Diagnostic problem on my Network" and also I got the error " FTP was terminated" - I wasn't able to access the FTP site. I got Realms on Gog a few months ago for $5.99 or so. I played the game when it first came out in the 1990's. Did you have trouble downloading the game fro...

Free Apple Stuff FREE FREE
Follow this link to find out how to get a free iPod, iPhone, AirMac just about anything Apple. Take a look http://apple.freebiejeebies.co.uk/19855 ...

Web resources about - free Free FREE Wing Commander III !! - comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

Commander - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
originated in the 18th century to describe naval officers who commanded ships of war too large to be commanded by a Lieutenant but too small ...

Prominent Syrian rebel commander killed in air strike
Jaysh al-Islam names successor after Zahran Alloush dies in Damascus suburb in raid claimed by government forces. Zahran Alloush, the commander ...

A commander-in-chief's crying has consequences
I've never subscribed to that ancient admonition that real men don't cry. I've witnessed men much harder and tougher than me shed tears under ...

Islamic State conflict: Paris attack-linked IS commander 'killed in coalition strikes'
A US military spokesman claims that 10 Islamic State commanders in Iraq and Syria have been killed in the past month by targeted US-led coalition ...

Hours after top Syrian rebel commander is killed, a successor is named - Videos - CBS News
Hours after an airstrike claimed the life of a commander, the insurgent group named a successor in its fight against the regime of Syrian President ...

U.S. Navy commander involved in incident with Iran grew up in Naperville
A Navy commander who was one of 10 U.S. sailors recently taken into custody by Iran and who is in a video released by Iran talking about the ...

Former Navy commander: Iran capture 'a severe failure' - CNNPolitics.com
The capture of two navy ships in Iranian territorial waters represented "a severe failure by somebody," according to a former Navy commander. ...

PETA Throws A Fit After Commander Allegedly Instructs Troops To Slaughter Wild Pig
'We urge you to investigate this troubling matter and, if corroborated, levy all permissible penalties'

Microsoft Teases Improved Skype for Business With UC Commander Buy
Looking to make Skype for Business a little more administrator-friendly, Microsoft snaps up Event Zero's enterprise communications management ...

ISIS Commander Killed In Iraqi Airstrike
(CNN) The second deputy of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was killed during an Iraqi air force strike in the city of Barwana, just east of ...