HL 2 error

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
and brought me back to the desktop.
With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"

I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
problems.

What can i do to play the game further?

Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or something
like that. Ok?

Who knows the answer??

John

0
Reply johnvanzon (6) 5/9/2006 5:16:42 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Tue, 9 May 2006 19:16:42 +0200, "John" <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
>I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
>I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
>and brought me back to the desktop.
>With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
>files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>
>I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
>problems.
>
>What can i do to play the game further?
>
>Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or something
>like that. Ok?
>
>Who knows the answer??
>
>John

Me

"Buy the game in the shop"

:)
0
Reply Justin.Thompson (3) 5/9/2006 5:59:40 PM

"Justin Thompson" <Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:

>>What can i do to play the game further?

>>Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or
>>something
>>like that. Ok?

> "Buy the game in the shop"

"something like that. Ok?".

0
Reply vmelia (720) 5/9/2006 7:17:49 PM

John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
> and brought me back to the desktop.
> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
> files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>
> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
> problems.
>
> What can i do to play the game further?
>
> Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or something
> like that. Ok?
>
> Who knows the answer??
>
> John

1. Buy the game through Stream - does that count as a shop?
2. Write you own version of HL2, shouldn't take you to long.
3. Drop ten pints of lager before hand so you don't remember what you
are playing.
0
Reply nochance1 (1071) 5/10/2006 6:07:42 AM

John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
> and brought me back to the desktop.
> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
> files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>
> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
> problems.
>
> What can i do to play the game further?

Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the
following procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.

1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.

2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such
as Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them
completely.

3. Defrag your hard drive.

4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.

5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.

6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.

7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.

8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.

9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
Reply siano (306) 5/10/2006 1:23:07 PM

You forgot the excorcism. That's the crucial part. I can't believe you
forgot the excorcism.. honestly.

Tongue in cheek,
--Acercanto ;-)

Brian Siano wrote:

> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the
> following procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>
> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>
> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such
> as Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them
> completely.
>
> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>
> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>
> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>
> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>
> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>
> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>
> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
Reply send.spam (2) 5/10/2006 6:43:36 PM

Shouldn't need it if it's one of them new-fangled Aluminiunium cases.

Brian - I'm concerned that you didn't mention unplugging his iPod and doing a
hard-reboot on it. You weren't perchance trying to fleece our hero were you?

"acercanto" <send.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You forgot the excorcism. That's the crucial part. I can't believe you forgot
> the excorcism.. honestly.
>
> Tongue in cheek,
> --Acercanto ;-)
>
> Brian Siano wrote:
>>
>> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the following
>> procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>>
>> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
>> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>>
>> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such as
>> Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them completely.
>>
>> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>>
>> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>>
>> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches. Disconnect
>> your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>>
>> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>>
>> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>>
>> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>>
>> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
Reply jim3418 (1) 5/11/2006 9:18:12 AM

lol

"Jim Pills" <jim@pills.com> schreef in bericht
> Shouldn't need it if it's one of them new-fangled Aluminiunium cases.
>
> Brian - I'm concerned that you didn't mention unplugging his iPod and
> doing a hard-reboot on it. You weren't perchance trying to fleece our hero
> were you?
>
> "acercanto" <send.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> You forgot the excorcism. That's the crucial part. I can't believe you
>> forgot the excorcism.. honestly.
>>
>> Tongue in cheek,
>> --Acercanto ;-)
>>
>> Brian Siano wrote:
>>>
>>> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the
>>> following procedure has been known to help such problems in certain
>>> cases.
>>>
>>> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
>>> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>>>
>>> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such
>>> as Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them
>>> completely.
>>>
>>> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>>>
>>> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>>>
>>> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
>>> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>>>
>>> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>>>
>>> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>>>
>>> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>>>
>>> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
Reply johnvanzon (6) 5/11/2006 5:03:57 PM

Sssssh! - don't wake the trolls!
;-)

cc info@fast.org

0
Reply richard7183 (3) 5/11/2006 5:55:47 PM

You are really sick!

"Brian Siano" <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> John wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
>> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
>> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me
>> out and brought me back to the desktop.
>> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary
>> game files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>>
>> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
>> problems.
>>
>> What can i do to play the game further?
>
> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the following
> procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>
> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>
> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such as
> Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them completely.
>
> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>
> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>
> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>
> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>
> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>
> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>
> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
Reply fjs2spam (1) 5/15/2006 8:40:59 PM

Dude.  That's just mean, but while your at it don't forget to sacrifice a
goat during a full moon and place its entrails on a tombstone, then dance
around it 15 times.

"Fred Scharmann" <fjs2spam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> You are really sick!
>

> "Brian Siano" <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
>> John wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
>>> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
>>> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me
>>> out and brought me back to the desktop.
>>> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary
>>> game files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>>>
>>> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
>>> problems.
>>>
>>> What can i do to play the game further?
>>
>> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the following
>> procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>>
>> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
>> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>>
>> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such as
>> Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them completely.
>>
>> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>>
>> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>>
>> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
>> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>>
>> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>>
>> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>>
>> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>>
>> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
Reply gmach (1) 5/22/2006 1:41:05 AM

"Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Justin Thompson" <Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>>What can i do to play the game further?
>
>>>Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or
>>>something
>>>like that. Ok?
>
>> "Buy the game in the shop"
>
> "something like that. Ok?".

Got mine new off ebay. Still in shrink wrap, serial not registered. Cost a
damn sight less than in stores (at the time).

0
Reply da_____.never.spam (2) 5/30/2006 11:11:48 AM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14054 articles. 0 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

error 2 #2
ada yg bisa bantu gk..... file aku sering rusak "Fatal Manager Error 2" Gimana ya cara spy gk error lg???? ...

error #2 #2
my error during compilation Type: C >>>xlink.exe -NOEXPOBJ -MAP -FORCE:MULTIPLE -NOIMPLIB - subsystem:console -LIBPATH:"C:\xHB\lib" -LIBPATH:"C:\xHB\c_lib" - LIBPATH:"C:\xHB\c_lib\win" "TEST.obj" xhb.lib dbf.lib ntx.lib cdx.lib rmdbfcdx.lib activex.lib crt.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib winspool.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib uuid.lib wsock32.lib ws2_32.lib wininet.lib advapi32.lib shlwapi.lib -out:"test.exe"<<< xLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_HB_FUN_BACKDROP'. xLINK: error: Unresolved e...

Error #2 #2
C:\Documents and Settings\rkg\Desktop\Qt Codes>make mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/rkg/ Desktop/Qt Co des' g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime- pseudo-rel oc -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o "debug\Qt Codes.exe" debug/ hello.o - L"c:\Qt\4.3.3\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4 C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot fin d -lqtmaind collect2: ld returned 1 exit status mingw32-make[1]: *** ["debug\Qt] Error 1 ming...

Error while compiling apache 2.2.2
Hi, I got the followinf message while tying to compile apache 2.2.2 under AIX 4.3 with GCC 3. The configure options are : ../configure --prefix=/opt/httpd2 --with-apr=/opt/httpd2/apr --with-apr-util=/opt/httpd2/apr --enable-module="ssl auth_basic auth_digest vhost_alias" --enable-cgi --enable-vhost-alias --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/openssl --enable-http --enable-rewrite --enable-so --with-egd --with-devrand --with-z=/opt/zlib and any try I make I got the only one error message : <snip> /opt/httpd2/apr/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -g -O2 -pthread -U__STR__ -...

Apache 2.2.2 mod_ssl error
I'm trying to migrate from Apache httpd 2.0.46 to 2.2.2. I've managed to sort out most of the configuration, and the http side all seems to be working just fine. However, whenever I try & start the server with the default SSL configuration, and the certificate & key files copied from my previous 2.0.46 installation, the server refuses to start at all, and the log says: [error] Init: Multiple RSA server certificates not allowed What does this mean? Can't find anything by searching Google. Anyone come across this error before? Cheers, -Chrisl Chri...

[2.5.2] MinGW3.2 W2K lots of linking errors #2
hello, meanwhile I managed to reduce the linking errors: The multiple definitions of `vtable for ...' and the undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' disapeared when I reduced my potpourri of different gcc-versions. But there are still 530 linking errors, most of them undefined references to `_GLOBAL__D_...', some are undefined references to `SQL...' and a few undefined reference to `wxVariant::...'. Tried to compile a sample, and it's nearly the same, so there is definitly something wrong with the wx-libaries I made by this: mingw32-make -f ...

Getting an error: Attempted to access u(2); index out of bounds because numel(u)=1. Error in ==> treat at 31 if (u(2)>1000) #2
HI, I am using an ode function having three differntial equations in u(1), u(2), (3) using function f=treat(t, u), Now when i use if function as if (u(2)>1000) c=1; else (u(1)<=100) c=0; end i am getting the following error Attempted to access u(2); index out of bounds because numel(u)=1. Error in ==> treat at 31 if (u(2)>1000) Please tell me. thanks "gati " <gatimishrano@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:kfdpbl$ke1$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > HI, I am using an ode function having three differntial equations in u(1), > u(2), (3) using function ...

Re: [2.5.2] MinGW3.2 W2K lots of linking errors #2
hi, some more informations about my errors: _______________ Dated up to the latest Dev-CPP version, including Mingw/GCC 3.2 (gcc --v: gcc version 3.2 (mingw special 20020817-1)) to enshure, that my compilerversions will work allright, rebuild the wxLIBS: WXVER_MAJOR=2 WXVER_MINOR=5 WXVER_RELEASE=1 BUILD=debug MONOLITHIC=0 SHARED=0 UNICODE=0 WXUNIV=0 CFG= VENDOR=custom OFFICIAL_BUILD=0 DEBUG_FLAG=default DEBUG_INFO=default RUNTIME_LIBS=dynamic MSLU=0 USE_EXCEPTIONS=1 USE_GUI=1 USE_HTML=1 USE_ODBC=1 USE_OPENGL=0 COMPILER=gcc CC=gcc CXX=g++ CFLAGS= CPPFLAGS= CXXF...

Re: [2.5.2] MinGW3.2 W2K lots of linking errors #2
Hi, Vaclav wrote: > Try MSYS+configure or put -DNO GCC PRAGMA to CPPFLAGS, it may help. > What version of gcc are you using again? I had obviously bogus > unresolved references when building DLL version with both 3.3.1 and > 3.3.3 Mingw versions, but the bug appears to be fixed in 3.4.0 > candidate release (altough my 3.4.0-compiled app doesn't run, it > aborts with exit code 3 and resists all attempts to debug it :-( ). guess you mean gcc versions instead of Mingw versions, since today, I use: gcc version 3.2 (mingw special 20020817-1) before I used: gc...

Re: [2.5.2] MinGW3.2 W2K lots of linking errors #2
hi, got it!! if anybody did the same stupid errors, here the solution: picked out the linking params of a sample and used it: -mthreads -Wl,--subsystem,windows -mwindows -lwxbase25d_odbc -lwxmsw25d_core -lwxbase25d -lwxtiffd -lwxjpegd -lwxpngd -lwxzlibd -lwxregexd -lwxexpatd -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32 the only thing I don't understand, is the order of the wx-stat.libs. as I undestood the describtion in http://www.wxwid...

read error/quirk with minix 2.0.2 #2
comp.os.minix read error/quirk with minix 2.0.2 The code below generates an EBADFS error (9 - file descripter not valid for reading) at the read instruction. Anyone know what is neccessary to enable reading a file that has just been writen? Hul ---------------------------------------------------- extern int creat(); extern int write(); extern int read(); extern long lseek(); extern int errno; main() { char sp[550]; char c; int x, y, pmode, tst1; long xl; c = 0x30; pmode = 0666; tst1 = creat("tst1", pmode); if(tst1 <= 0) { write(1, "error 1", 7); ret...

Re: Very odd errors from bind 9.2.2 #2
Ok, turns out you were right: On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 Mark_Andrews@isc.org wrote: > > Suddenly, with _no change in configuration_, I am seeing these three > > errors in /var/log/messages every time I HUP my named process: > > > > Oct 24 22:56:38 ns1 named[8255]: dns_master_load: /etc/namedb/s/.:1: > > unexpected end of line > > Oct 24 22:56:38 ns1 named[8255]: dns_master_load: /etc/namedb/s/.:1: > > unexpected end of input > > Oct 24 22:56:38 ns1 named[8255]: zone ./IN: loading master file > > /etc/namedb/s/.: unexpected end o...

Error Handling #2 #2
Hi All. I'm writing a chunk of code to connect to and disconnect from a windows share, using the mpr.dll. all is working ok but, I had to do the error checking the long way around (or at least I think so). To get the human readable error message did the following using case statements: Private Function ConDisErr(xErrNum As Long) As String Select Case xErrNum Case ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED ConDisErr = "The User does not have access to the network resource." Case ERROR_ALREADY_ASSIGNED ConDisErr = "The local device specified by the ...

Java Error #2 #2
Hello, The dev team is having problems running a new SCT provided .com file. It uses Java. We basically get a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sct/messaging/bif/banner/BannerBatchProcessor" error. Running GONZO|BANNER >java -version java version "1.3.1" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition Classic VM (build 1.3.1-7, 12/15/2003-21:59, native threads, jit) GONZO|BANNER >sho log classpath "CLASSPATH" = ".:/jdbc_lib/classes12.zip:/jdbc_lib/jta.zip:/jdbc_lib/jndi.zip" (LNM$PROCESS_TABLE) GONZO|BANNER > GONZO|SYSTEM >dir s...

Error messages #2 #2
Hi, One question. I set to php.ini this error_reporting=E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE to be a list of error messages and some warnings/tips on the code written. All good, but if I have code like ------------------------ function foo(string $x) { echo($x); } foo("hi"); ------------------------ I got this error ------------------------ Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to foo() must be an instance of string, string given, called in E:\Work\php\phpFramework\test.php on line 8 and defined in E:\Work\php\phpFramework\test.php on line 3 ------------------------ !!!but... is n...

strange error #2 #2
A user got this strange error that I have not seen before: "No more menus can be allocated." Is this from Tk? DrS On 5/13/2011 9:23 AM, drscrypt@gmail.com wrote: > A user got this strange error that I have not seen before: > > "No more menus can be allocated." > > Is this from Tk? Yes. Looking at the source, it's coming from tkWinMenu.c (or tkMacOSXMenu.c). It's generated when a call to CreatePopupMenu() returns a NULL window handle. I'll defer an answer the next obvious question (Why is it happening?), to someone more familiarity wit...

Error message #2 #2
Hi! I can't run LV, I get everytime thins error: Compiler error. Report this problem to ni tech support. copy cvt str/pict/tag, csrc=0x40 ...

Compiler Error #2 #2
I'm getting a syntax error on line 18 of this code and I don't see a missing ";". Does anyone else see it? #include < stdio.h> void main() { FILE *fp; int i; int CharString; fp = fopen("foo.dat", "w"); /* open foo.dat for writing */ fprintf(fp, "\nSample Code\n\n"); /* write some info */ for (i = 1; i <= 10 ; i++) fprintf(fp, "i = %d\n", i); fclose(fp); /* close the file */ fp = fopen("foo.dat", "r"); //THIS LINE CAUSES COMPILE ERROR, "Syntax Error ...

Compilation error #2 #2
Hi, I want to make the delete() operator private for my class - I'm using reference counts, so I want to force users of my class to call my function rather than being able to delete and confuse the reference counter. But allocating memory with new() is OK. On VC++6 this works fine, but on VC++.NET it generates an error that making delete private causes memory leakage. Any advice? Thanks. Chris Peters wrote: > Hi, > > I want to make the delete() operator private for my class - I'm using > reference counts, so I want to force users of my class to call my function >...

Error message #2 #2
I have been working all afternoon developing a database and then disaster hit. I accidently typed a "d" in a property field and didn't realize it and closed the window. I am getting the following message. "the Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find theinput table or query 'D' Mkae sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly." I can still open the database, but only in design view. My "Help" feature isn't working now either. I can't believe I will have to start all over. Any ideas from anyone? ...

Strange Error #2 #2
mysql is installed. I can use it from the command line. PHP is installed. I can use phpinfo(); Apache works since I can display phpinfo() with it. So, I think I'm missing a config parameter somewhere and hoping someone can help me with that. Thanks... Bruce Bruce A. Julseth wrote: > mysql is installed. I can use it from the command line. > PHP is installed. I can use phpinfo(); > Apache works since I can display phpinfo() with it. > > So, I think I'm missing a config parameter somewhere and hoping someone can > help me with that. > > Thanks... > >...

syntax error #2 #2
syntax error for matlab simulink model usually indicating what error usually? ...

Error Handling #2 #2
Hi, Is there a way to catch the error time and sas programs, which generates the errors? Thanks a lot, Mike On 1 Dec, 08:56, Michael <michae...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to catch the error time and sas programs, which > generates the errors? > > Thanks a lot, > Mike One method is to use PROC PRINTTO log="<programname>.log" ; RUN; to output the log, then have a generic process to read all the logs back, parsing them for ERROR: and WARNING: lines. As for the error time... you'd need a way of outputting the current time at each ...

Trustix 2.1
Can someone explain it to me, what's wrong when making new kernel. Similar log is for 2.6.x to, but kernel from package kernel-source-2.4.26-3tr compile good, as usual. Need another rpm to develope and compile ? log: make bzImage cc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -D__SMP__ -pipe -fno-strength-reduce -m486 -malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -DCPU=686 -c -o init/main.o init/main.c `-m486' is deprecated. Use `-march=i486' or `-mcpu=i486' instead. cc1: warning: -malign-loops is obsolet...