HL 2 error

Hi,

I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
and brought me back to the desktop.
With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"

I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
problems.

What can i do to play the game further?

Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or something
like that. Ok?

Who knows the answer??

John

comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14343 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Tue, 9 May 2006 19:16:42 +0200, "John" <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
>I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
>I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
>and brought me back to the desktop.
>With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
>files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>
>I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
>problems.
>
>What can i do to play the game further?
>
>Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or something
>like that. Ok?
>
>Who knows the answer??
>
>John

Me

"Buy the game in the shop"

:)
"Justin Thompson" <Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:

>>What can i do to play the game further?

>>Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or
>>something
>>like that. Ok?

> "Buy the game in the shop"

"something like that. Ok?".

0
vmelia (720)
5/9/2006 7:17:49 PM
John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
> and brought me back to the desktop.
> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
> files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>
> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
> problems.
>
> What can i do to play the game further?
>
> Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or something
> like that. Ok?
>
> Who knows the answer??
>
> John

1. Buy the game through Stream - does that count as a shop?
2. Write you own version of HL2, shouldn't take you to long.
3. Drop ten pints of lager before hand so you don't remember what you
are playing.
0
nochance1 (1071)
5/10/2006 6:07:42 AM
John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
> and brought me back to the desktop.
> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
> files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>
> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
> problems.
>
> What can i do to play the game further?

Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the
following procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.

1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.

2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such
as Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them
completely.

3. Defrag your hard drive.

4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.

5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.

6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.

7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.

8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.

9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
siano (306)
5/10/2006 1:23:07 PM
You forgot the excorcism. That's the crucial part. I can't believe you
forgot the excorcism.. honestly.

Tongue in cheek,
--Acercanto ;-)

Brian Siano wrote:

> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the
> following procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>
> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>
> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such
> as Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them
> completely.
>
> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>
> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>
> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>
> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>
> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>
> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>
> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
send.spam (2)
5/10/2006 6:43:36 PM
Shouldn't need it if it's one of them new-fangled Aluminiunium cases.

Brian - I'm concerned that you didn't mention unplugging his iPod and doing a
hard-reboot on it. You weren't perchance trying to fleece our hero were you?

"acercanto" <send.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You forgot the excorcism. That's the crucial part. I can't believe you forgot
> the excorcism.. honestly.
>
> Tongue in cheek,
> --Acercanto ;-)
>
> Brian Siano wrote:
>>
>> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the following
>> procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>>
>> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
>> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>>
>> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such as
>> Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them completely.
>>
>> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>>
>> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>>
>> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches. Disconnect
>> your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>>
>> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>>
>> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>>
>> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>>
>> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
jim3418 (1)
5/11/2006 9:18:12 AM
lol

"Jim Pills" <jim@pills.com> schreef in bericht
> Shouldn't need it if it's one of them new-fangled Aluminiunium cases.
>
> Brian - I'm concerned that you didn't mention unplugging his iPod and
> doing a hard-reboot on it. You weren't perchance trying to fleece our hero
> were you?
>
> "acercanto" <send.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> You forgot the excorcism. That's the crucial part. I can't believe you
>> forgot the excorcism.. honestly.
>>
>> Tongue in cheek,
>> --Acercanto ;-)
>>
>> Brian Siano wrote:
>>>
>>> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the
>>> following procedure has been known to help such problems in certain
>>> cases.
>>>
>>> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
>>> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>>>
>>> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such
>>> as Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them
>>> completely.
>>>
>>> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>>>
>>> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>>>
>>> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
>>> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>>>
>>> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>>>
>>> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>>>
>>> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>>>
>>> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

Sssssh! - don't wake the trolls!
;-)

cc info@fast.org

You are really sick!

"Brian Siano" <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> John wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
>> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
>> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me
>> out and brought me back to the desktop.
>> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary
>> game files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>>
>> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
>> problems.
>>
>> What can i do to play the game further?
>
> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the following
> procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>
> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>
> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such as
> Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them completely.
>
> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>
> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>
> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>
> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>
> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>
> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>
> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
fjs2spam (1)
5/15/2006 8:40:59 PM
Dude.  That's just mean, but while your at it don't forget to sacrifice a
goat during a full moon and place its entrails on a tombstone, then dance
around it 15 times.

"Fred Scharmann" <fjs2spam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> You are really sick!
>

> "Brian Siano" <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
>> John wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
>>> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
>>> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me
>>> out and brought me back to the desktop.
>>> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary
>>> game files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>>>
>>> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
>>> problems.
>>>
>>> What can i do to play the game further?
>>
>> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the following
>> procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>>
>> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
>> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>>
>> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such as
>> Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them completely.
>>
>> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>>
>> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>>
>> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
>> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>>
>> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>>
>> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>>
>> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>>
>> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
gmach (1)
5/22/2006 1:41:05 AM
"Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Justin Thompson" <Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>>What can i do to play the game further?
>
>>>Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or
>>>something
>>>like that. Ok?
>
>> "Buy the game in the shop"
>
> "something like that. Ok?".

Got mine new off ebay. Still in shrink wrap, serial not registered. Cost a
damn sight less than in stores (at the time).

FA: 36 IBM PC Games
*** ONLY 48 HOURS LEFT ON SOME IBM GAMES *** Have 36 IBM PC Compatible Games up for Auction and another 20 or so will be added in the next two days. Have lots of RPG, Adventure, and Classic Games. All Games have NO Reserve, Low Starting Bids, and Clear Pictures. Lots more Game related items will be Auctioned off during the next few Months, so keep us bookmarked for future reference. Thanks for looking and good luck in your bidding. <NOTE: Please remove the "NOJUNKMAIL" from the Reply-To address> To check them ALL out, please click on the URL Link below...

FS:Serious Sam 2 (PC)<Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2K6(PC)<Half Life 2 (PC)
Selling Serious Sam 2 (PC),Half Life 2 (PC) and Cabela�s Big Game Hunter 2006 (PC)�all CDs and all materials in boxes as they came originally. Opened boxes on both,but everything that was in the game boxes is there now,everything in new-condition,CDs are flawless��no scratches on CDs whatsoever. Serious Sam 2 is brand new, in stores not for $20;I�d sell it for $13 delivered (not a bad deal considering it costs a couple of bucks to ship these games). BGH 2006 is also brand new,in stores now for $20,I'd sell it for $11 delivered including safe,secure S/H). HL2 is about a year old and yes,you'll have to deal with the Steam Apps stuff (read online if you dont already know) to install it,but this great game (voted 2004's game of the year by a few publications)I'd sell for $15 delivered�.it was a $50 when it came out a year ago/ I would accept a check or money order (U.S only,please) for either...no cash,please,unless I've dealt with you previously. I've sold dozens of my games online through this NG before (some of you will hopefully remember me),but since EB started taking trade-ins a while ago,I stopped. EB Games doesn't allow trade-in for PC games anymore,so I'll be posting my games for sale again when I'm done with them. Thanks for any interest. Please email me at DOHH@aol.com ...

FA Pc game nib $5. homeland2 award winner + also pc game XIII nib #2
Goto http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=macstl Its fixed price listing for a dime only so you won't see me doing these kinds of prices very often at all if ever.... 6959715837 May-07-05 May-14-05 11:15:52 $9.99 The Works of Voltaire hb old No Bids Yet 6959716665 May-07-05 May-14-05 11:22:15 $9.99 THE STORY OF MANKIND by H. Van Loon 1923freegift No Bids Yet 6959718551 May-07-05 May-14-05 11:36:22 $9.99 Tess of the D'Urbervilles, A Pure Woman No Bids Yet 8304572154 May-07-05 May-14-05 12:10:12 $9.99 Leather Jacket VG authentic No Bids Yet 577...

ARMA 2: will there be a better action game on PC this year?
Due for release this week in Europe... On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:55:58 +0100, "Musicrab" <musicrab@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: >Due for release this week in Europe... > I think it'd due out here in late June... I'm looking forward to it, just based on what I've read about the terrain and open-ness of the world. In the past I haven't been real taken with squad based tactical shooters. It sounds silly, but it feels like work to me. Its the same thing that doesn't appeal to me about RTS games. I like the tactical play, but I don't like dealing with the...

PC Gaming Almost Dead -AGAIN- So................ PC Industry Consortium to announce 'PC Gaming Alliance' to save PC gaming
Takahashi: Gaming Alliance stumps for PC By Dean Takahashi Mercury News 02/12/2008 The personal computer game industry has trailed behind its console brethren in recent years as easy-to-play games on the Nintendo Wii or online games on the Xbox 360 have stolen the excitement. Companies with a vested interest in keeping the PC alive as a gaming platform will soon announce a consortium dubbed the PC Gaming Alliance. According to two people familiar with the effort, it will include top industry players such as Intel, Microsoft, Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices as well as a number of computer ...

FA: Less than 24 HRS Left on IBM WIN/PC Games & Lots: Aces Over Europe, Lighthouse, Myst 1 & 2, Corsairs, Lots More
*** LESS THAN 24 HOURS REMAINING ON 11 IBM PC WINDOWS GAMES *** We have Lots of IBM PC Windows/DOS to suit everyones taste. To check them ALL out, please click on the URL Link below: http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=downeasttreasures All Auctions have NO Reserve, Low Starting Bids, and Clear Pictures (there are anywhere from 1-12 Pictures per Auction). It just doesn't get any better than this. Take a look and check them out before it's too late. Enjoy the Auctions and bid now before you forget to do it. I will be placing more IBM Game...

FA:Lots of IBM WIN/PC Games (24-Hrs left on some): King's Quest, Infocom, Tomb Raider 1-4, Myst 1-2, Archon Ultra, etc
** ONLY 24 HOURS LEFT ON SOME OF THESE GAMES - SEE DETAILS BELOW ** We have Lots of IBM PC Windows/DOS Games from Old to New on Ebay. To check them ALL out, please click on the URL Link below: http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=downeasttreasures All Auctions have NO Reserve, Low Starting Bids, and Clear Pictures (there are anywhere from 1-12 Pictures per Auction). It just doesn't get any better than this. Take a look and check them out before it's too late. Enjoy the Auctions and bid now before you forget to do it. There are currently...

IBM PS/2 : ftp.pc.ibm.com is closing down (or is it?)
Hi all, Browsing along I stumbled on this ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/special Watch for the warning Then look at the filedate Let's see what happens tomorrow . . . . -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/special/cdtfiles/ Looks to be stuff on 65xx series here. JWR wrote: > Hi all, > > Browsing along I stumbled on this > > ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/special > > Watch for the warning > > Then look at the filedate > > Let's see what happens tomorrow . . . . > ...

IBM PS/2
Applicable to: World-Wide Symptom: Intermittent trap 0002 errors may be experienced on 25 MHZ 8580 systems running OS/2 due to a timing condition on the system planar. Other complex operating systems may experience NMI or other errors depending upon the characteristics of the operating system. Problem Isolation Aid: 8580 25 MHZ systems may require a replacement system board when "8 megabytes of system board memoery is installed and errors, as described above are occuring. The following information will help determine if your system is affected: Examine the "modules" in position "U24" and "U34" located near J8 and J9, the system board memory sockets. If the part number on the module is "FCT841" the system board should be replaced. Important Notice: Information printed on the systems board near the module should be ignored. Only informaiton printed on the module should be used when making the physical check. Modules with any identification other than "FCT841" (such as F841, 841D, 72F841, 72F841D, etc) are good and the system board does not need to be replaced. Order the current level system board FRU F841, 841D, 72F841, 72F841D, using normal parts ordering procedures. http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/pcpartnerinfo/ctstips/b24e.htm ...

FA: Alone In The Dark 1, 2 and 3; Silent Hill 2 PC Games
Offered as a single auction: 4 Horror Strategy PC games! eBay Item: 8100914129 Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8100914129 No Reserve! ...

FA: Alone In The Dark 1, 2 and 3; Silent Hill 2 PC Games
Offered as a single auction: 4 Horror Strategy PC games! eBay Item: 8100914129 Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8100914129 No Reserve! ...

FS: 2 Tom Clancy GAMES on your PC Rogue Spear + Delta force 2
We give you MORE than others with FAST efficient despatch and FREE postal insurance. With OUR Full Money back guarantee for faulty software including the cost of returning the item. Visit our store to see our feedback, we have thousands of satisfied customers. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AUCTI0NST0P Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?query=slot&srchdesc=y&sid=20887405&store=AUCTI0NST0P&colorid=10&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1&submit=Search Find this and more at our fully searchable EBAY shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AUCTI0NST0P For Children's Games, Educational, Language & Recreational Software ...

Tryg to sell games on Ebay. Can u REGISTER the same PC game onto 2 different COMPUTERS? +
I am not even sure if I even DID REGISTER, if I had to, then, of course, I did. First, pardon me if you have seen this question a dozen times over. I did a search and did not find my answer. I read that it was doable but illegal, illegal because companies what their profits. But I don't understand; am I enslaved to *everything* I own because companies want to make a profit? If I sell a lamp in a garage sale for a dime that I know a company still sells actively, am I doing something illegal. What makes that different from selling a PC game online that was already registered? IS IT DOA...

Action and Adventure Games.(play action games online)
play action games online http://www.syubrawi.com/play-action-games-online Computer gaming has gained wide popularity among the masses. From puzzle stories to races there are a number of computer and video games which can be played in a variety of plat forms, such as PS3, PS2, Xbox, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS. Action and adventure games belongs to that genre of games which involve exotic games like wrestling, fighting, space travels, star wars, fictional adventures and situational games. Often this type of games come with a story line and is rich in graphics and animation. It is seen that...

Disk images (IMD-format) for the IBM PC RT 6150 VRM & AIX 2.2.1
http://electrickery.xs4all.nl/comp/ibm6150/diskimages/ ...

Action and Adventure Games.(play action games online)
play action games online http://www.syubrawi.com/play-action-games-online Computer gaming has gained wide popularity among the masses. From puzzle stories to races there are a number of computer and video games which can be played in a variety of plat forms, such as PS3, PS2, Xbox, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS. Action and adventure games belongs to that genre of games which involve exotic games like wrestling, fighting, space travels, star wars, fictional adventures and situational games. Often this type of games come with a story line and is rich in graphics and animation. It is seen that...

pc games complains about the state of PC gaming, however...
It seems to me the consoles are the ones really in trouble. The XBox is no competiton, because it can barely keep up with current gen titles and next gen DX10 titles will put the final nails in the coffin, not to mention all the good XBox 360 titles are available with better graphics on the PC and with better control. The Wii has a market with kids/grannys and such (and deserves it, I suppose with the gimmicky controller that most folks already seem to be losing interest in, so they will need some stellar titles to maintain momentum).. The PS3 has failed, plain and simple. Defeat conceded here: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/biztech/06/19/japan.sony.ap/index.html "Reap The Wild Wind" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:c82h735vd5kpmdenh7npirht49cfhjj3lu@4ax.com... > It seems to me the consoles are the ones really in trouble. > > The XBox is no competiton, because it can barely keep up with current > gen titles and next gen DX10 titles will put the final nails in the > coffin, not to mention all the good XBox 360 titles are available with > better graphics on the PC and with better control. You're leaving out just about every single sports game. The only action sports games for the PC are Madden, NBA and NHL (well, soccer, too, but I don't count that). PC doesn't even have a baseball game anymore, except for text sims. Plus, the XBox 360 still has titles like Gears of War, Dead Rising and the coming Halo 3 that w...

Error #2 #2
C:\Documents and Settings\rkg\Desktop\Qt Codes>make mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/rkg/ Desktop/Qt Co des' g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime- pseudo-rel oc -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o "debug\Qt Codes.exe" debug/ hello.o - L"c:\Qt\4.3.3\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4 C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot fin d -lqtmaind collect2: ld returned 1 exit status mingw32-make[1]: *** ["debug\Qt] Error 1 mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/rkg/ Desktop/Qt Cod es' mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2 C:\Documents and Settings\rkg\Desktop\Qt Codes> Please help me out.... rahulxmartinian@gmail.com a �crit : > C:\Documents and Settings\rkg\Desktop\Qt Codes>make > mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug > mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/rkg/ > Desktop/Qt Co > des' > g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime- > pseudo-rel > oc -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o "debug\Qt Codes.exe" debug/ > hello.o - > L"c:\Qt\4.3.3\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4 > C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: > cannot fin > d -lqtmaind > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status > mingw32-make[1]: *** ["debug\Qt] Err...

I love pc games #2
Pc gaming rules!!! >>> "Pc gaming rules!!!" >>> It should do. It used to. ;( (\__/) (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. ...

2 Player PC Games...
Hi... I trying to search quality 2 player PC games; not MOG or LAN but PC games would be configured like console unit; 2 controllers (USB ports), etc... Can anyone suggest good PC Games that follow that format? Is that what is known as 'multiplayer' games... Thanks! ~waves Pro Evo Soccer for example, and I presume most of the EA Sports type stuff, I presume. It's mostly going to be split-screen driving games like Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 or Flat Out. Board games like Life and Risk are pretty fun on the computer. Arcade emulators like MAME are great for playing old stuff like Gauntlet or Asteriods. (legality is questionable.) Console emulators let you play N64 games like Mario Kart (not legal.) Overall consoles are much better for 2 player games. Multiplayer computer games usually involve LAN or Internet. Thks for ideas - kinda crazy the PC gamers would cede turf to consoles; shud be every bit as good... It's the consoles that are now packing hard drives, etc... Technically PCs can do pretty much anything, but the problem is, for "2 player on the same machine" games, crowding around a PC monitor isn't as nice as sitting on a couch and playing a console game on TV. The ultimate 2-player PC experience would be a 2-computer LAN. Then you could play UT2004, Civ4, Quake3, etc and each have your own monitor, mouse, and keyboard. ...

My new gaming PC #2
Just to piss people like Muahman and Nashton off: FRACTAL DESIGN FULLTOWER DEFINE XL BLACK COOLER MASTER SILENT PRO GOLD ATX12V 2.3 1200W ASUS RAMPAGE III FORMULA X58 S-1366 ATX INTEL CORE I7 990 EXTREME 3.46GHZ 12MB S-1366 NOCTUA NH-C14 S-1155/1156/1366/AM3 KINGSTON DDR3 HYPERX 12GB 1600MHZ CL9 (3x4GB) OCZ VERTEX 3 2.5" 120GB SSD SATA/600 MLC 4 x WESTERN DIGITAL VELOCIRAPTOR 450GB 3.5" 10K RPM SATA/600 32MB SAMSUNG DVD�R/RW/RAM DL 22X SATA BULK SVART 2 x ASUS RADEON HD6990 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/DP Crysis 2 ftw :) -- Sandman[.net] On Apr 1, 11:54=A0am, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote: > Just to piss people like Muahman and Nashton off: > > FRACTAL DESIGN FULLTOWER DEFINE XL BLACK > COOLER MASTER SILENT PRO GOLD ATX12V 2.3 1200W > ASUS RAMPAGE III FORMULA X58 S-1366 ATX > INTEL CORE I7990 EXTREME3.46GHZ 12MB S-1366 > NOCTUA NH-C14 S-1155/1156/1366/AM3 > KINGSTON DDR3 HYPERX 12GB 1600MHZ CL9 (3x4GB) > OCZ VERTEX 3 2.5" 120GB SSD SATA/600 MLC > 4 x WESTERN DIGITAL VELOCIRAPTOR 450GB 3.5" 10K RPM SATA/600 32MB > SAMSUNG DVD R/RW/RAM DL 22X SATA BULK SVART > 2 x ASUS RADEON HD6990 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/DP > > Crysis 2 ftw :) > > -- > Sandman[.net] Troll Fail! Try harder. That machine is slowwwww compared to mine. On Apr 1, 11:54=A0am, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote: > Just to piss people like Muahman and Nashton off: > > [computer gear] ...

PC Action Games For September
There are a lot of other PC games coming out, strategy, rpg, mmorpg, etc. but these are the major PC action games due in September. Doom 3 for August and November has even more major titles. Hoo-ya! Shellshock: Nam 67 Call of Duty: United Offensive Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Silent Hunter III Star Wars Battlefront S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (maybe) Half Life 2 (maybe) "Blig Merk" <blog_smirk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9e2af5be.0407181219.18285e1c@posting.google.com... > There are a lot of other PC games coming out, strategy, rpg, mmorpg, > etc. but these are the major PC...

[2.5.2] MinGW3.2 W2K lots of linking errors #2
hello, meanwhile I managed to reduce the linking errors: The multiple definitions of `vtable for ...' and the undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' disapeared when I reduced my potpourri of different gcc-versions. But there are still 530 linking errors, most of them undefined references to `_GLOBAL__D_...', some are undefined references to `SQL...' and a few undefined reference to `wxVariant::...'. Tried to compile a sample, and it's nearly the same, so there is definitly something wrong with the wx-libaries I made by this: mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_ODBC=1 USE_GUI=(0 and 1, tried both). The libaries are (what else?): libwxbase25d.a libwxbase25d_net.a libwxbase25d_odbc.a libwxbase25d_xml.a libwxexpatd.a libwxjpegd.a libwxmsw25d_adv.a libwxmsw25d_core.a libwxmsw25d_dbgrid.a libwxmsw25d_html.a libwxpngd.a libwxregexd.a libwxtiffd.a libwxzlibd.a Don't know, if there are any CPP-Flags required while makeing the libaries, the documentation don't say anything about it. Also I didn't find anything about the linking range. Use: gcc (GCC) 3.2.3 (mingw special 20030504-1) Any ideas, I'm thinking of giving up now... Thanx and best regards Achim --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org At 06:06 PM 30/04/2004 +02...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

Web resources about - HL 2 error - comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

Scott Morrison under fire after BIS Shrapnel report used to attack Labor contained crucial error
... negative gearing policy, after the report's authors clarified it was prepared before Labor's policy was announced and contained crucial errors. ...

Scott Morrison under fire after BIS Shrapnel report used to attack Labor contained crucial error
... negative gearing policy, after the report's authors clarified it was prepared before Labor's policy was announced and contained crucial errors. ...

Porsche sees error of ways, next 911 GT3 to offer manual transmission
Filed under: Porsche , Coupe , Performance The man behind the Porsche 911 GT3 says the next generation of the high performer will get an optional ...

Coding error leads to data leak at WMT
The error happened during the migration of servers and was not a hack, a company spokesman said.

Lee Daniels Admits 'Empire' Suffered From 'Growing Pains' in Season 2: 'It's Trial and Error'
Lee Daniels Admits 'Empire' Suffered From 'Growing Pains' in Season 2: 'It's Trial and Error'

80004005: Why Error Messages Are Still So *&%$#! Indecipherable
... There's a good chance the engineers are too. If you've ever been vexed by a phone, tablet, or PC, chances are you've bumped into an error code. ...

A Basic Spelling Error Cost These Hackers Nearly $1 Billion
Most spelling mistakes are innocent, fleeting, and only mildly embarrassing. Then there are the ones that result in a loss of over $800 million ...

Errors Blamed for No Quick Fix of Early Prison Releases
A nearly two-month investigation into the early release of prisoners over a 13-year period found a series of missteps within the Department of ...

ign.com - 500 Server Error
ign.com - 500 Server Error