HL 2 error

Hi,

I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
and brought me back to the desktop.
With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"

I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
problems.

What can i do to play the game further?

Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or something
like that. Ok?

Who knows the answer??

John

comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14224 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Tue, 9 May 2006 19:16:42 +0200, "John" <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
>I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
>I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
>and brought me back to the desktop.
>With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
>files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>
>I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
>problems.
>
>What can i do to play the game further?
>
>Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or something
>like that. Ok?
>
>Who knows the answer??
>
>John

Me

"Buy the game in the shop"

:)
"Justin Thompson" <Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:

>>What can i do to play the game further?

>>Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or
>>something
>>like that. Ok?

> "Buy the game in the shop"

"something like that. Ok?".

0
vmelia (720)
5/9/2006 7:17:49 PM
John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
> and brought me back to the desktop.
> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
> files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>
> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
> problems.
>
> What can i do to play the game further?
>
> Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or something
> like that. Ok?
>
> Who knows the answer??
>
> John

1. Buy the game through Stream - does that count as a shop?
2. Write you own version of HL2, shouldn't take you to long.
3. Drop ten pints of lager before hand so you don't remember what you
are playing.
0
nochance1 (1071)
5/10/2006 6:07:42 AM
John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me out
> and brought me back to the desktop.
> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary game
> files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>
> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
> problems.
>
> What can i do to play the game further?

Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the
following procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.

1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.

2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such
as Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them
completely.

3. Defrag your hard drive.

4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.

5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.

6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.

7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.

8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.

9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
siano (306)
5/10/2006 1:23:07 PM
You forgot the excorcism. That's the crucial part. I can't believe you
forgot the excorcism.. honestly.

Tongue in cheek,
--Acercanto ;-)

Brian Siano wrote:

> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the
> following procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>
> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>
> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such
> as Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them
> completely.
>
> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>
> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>
> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>
> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>
> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>
> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>
> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
send.spam (2)
5/10/2006 6:43:36 PM
Shouldn't need it if it's one of them new-fangled Aluminiunium cases.

Brian - I'm concerned that you didn't mention unplugging his iPod and doing a
hard-reboot on it. You weren't perchance trying to fleece our hero were you?

"acercanto" <send.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You forgot the excorcism. That's the crucial part. I can't believe you forgot
> the excorcism.. honestly.
>
> Tongue in cheek,
> --Acercanto ;-)
>
> Brian Siano wrote:
>>
>> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the following
>> procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>>
>> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
>> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>>
>> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such as
>> Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them completely.
>>
>> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>>
>> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>>
>> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches. Disconnect
>> your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>>
>> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>>
>> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>>
>> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>>
>> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
jim3418 (1)
5/11/2006 9:18:12 AM
lol

"Jim Pills" <jim@pills.com> schreef in bericht
> Shouldn't need it if it's one of them new-fangled Aluminiunium cases.
>
> Brian - I'm concerned that you didn't mention unplugging his iPod and
> doing a hard-reboot on it. You weren't perchance trying to fleece our hero
> were you?
>
> "acercanto" <send.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> You forgot the excorcism. That's the crucial part. I can't believe you
>> forgot the excorcism.. honestly.
>>
>> Tongue in cheek,
>> --Acercanto ;-)
>>
>> Brian Siano wrote:
>>>
>>> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the
>>> following procedure has been known to help such problems in certain
>>> cases.
>>>
>>> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
>>> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>>>
>>> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such
>>> as Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them
>>> completely.
>>>
>>> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>>>
>>> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>>>
>>> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
>>> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>>>
>>> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>>>
>>> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>>>
>>> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>>>
>>> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

Sssssh! - don't wake the trolls!
;-)

cc info@fast.org

You are really sick!

"Brian Siano" <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> John wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
>> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
>> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me
>> out and brought me back to the desktop.
>> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary
>> game files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>>
>> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
>> problems.
>>
>> What can i do to play the game further?
>
> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the following
> procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>
> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>
> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such as
> Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them completely.
>
> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>
> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>
> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>
> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>
> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>
> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>
> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
fjs2spam (1)
5/15/2006 8:40:59 PM
Dude.  That's just mean, but while your at it don't forget to sacrifice a
goat during a full moon and place its entrails on a tombstone, then dance
around it 15 times.

"Fred Scharmann" <fjs2spam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> You are really sick!
>

> "Brian Siano" <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
>> John wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have an illegal cd of HL2 and it worked well.
>>> I could play it till the Nova Prospekt.
>>> I started the game and see the loading screen and suddenly it kicked me
>>> out and brought me back to the desktop.
>>> With this an fatal error came and it said" Could not acquire necessary
>>> game files because the connection to Steam servers was lost"
>>>
>>> I think this is very strange cos i got so far in the game without any
>>> problems.
>>>
>>> What can i do to play the game further?
>>
>> Personally, I'd strongly recommend buying a legal copy. But the following
>> procedure has been known to help such problems in certain cases.
>>
>> 1. Make sure you have your HL2 files backed up onto a DVD-ROM.-- NOT a
>> CD-ROM, but a DVD ROM.
>>
>> 2. Uninstall any and all virus protection software and firewalls, such as
>> Norton or MacAfee. Don't just switch them off. Uninstall them completely.
>>
>> 3. Defrag your hard drive.
>>
>> 4. Scan your system for any and all spyware, using Ad-Aware AND Spybot.
>>
>> 5. Make sure that you have a copy of Windows XP and its patches.
>> Disconnect your DVD-ROM drive, and re-install Windows.
>>
>> 6. Uninstall any printer drivers that remain after this re-install.
>>
>> 7. Re-install your DVD-ROM driver.
>>
>> 8. Re-install your game from your DVD-ROM.
>>
>> 9. If the same problem occurs, then repeat the above procedure.

0
gmach (1)
5/22/2006 1:41:05 AM
"Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Justin Thompson" <Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>>What can i do to play the game further?
>
>>>Don't give me these answers such as , buy the game in the shop or
>>>something
>>>like that. Ok?
>
>> "Buy the game in the shop"
>
> "something like that. Ok?".

Got mine new off ebay. Still in shrink wrap, serial not registered. Cost a
damn sight less than in stores (at the time).

date format #2
Hi, Is there any way I can change the date format from '970625' to '19970625' in IDL? Thanks, Mahesh On 9/9/10 6:51 PM, mahesh wrote: > Hi, > Is there any way I can change the date format from '970625' to > '19970625' in IDL? > Thanks, > Mahesh Hi, I hesitate to give the easy answer, but what the heck. IDL can do string math so the following works a treat. dateString = '970625' newDateString = '19' + dateString But if you really need to do date math then you need to split the string into a 2-digit-yea...

US-Io: PRICE HL Analyst, PRICE HL, Business Case Analysis, Life Cycle Cost Analy (45331514400)
US-Io: PRICE HL Analyst, PRICE HL, Business Case Analysis, Life Cycle Cost Analy (45331514400) ============================================================================================== Position: PRICE HL Analyst Reference: JGG00099 Location: Io Duration: Skills: PRICE HL, Business Case Analysis, Life Cycle Cost Analysis Scope: Work with developers and clients to perform Life cycle cost analysis for clients. Considerable travel may be involved or a optionally may live in Iowa. Please send your current resume in conf...

Copy Structure
Hello I get a COMIX/8101 error after the command Copy Structure. I can open this empty DBF file "Exp_9259.DBF" with same viewer or Editor like CDBF without problem. Why do I get this error with with DbUseArea? if !ReadEsc() if Lastkey() = K_RETURN .or. LastKey() = K_PGDN vDbfExp := "Exp_"+AllTrim(Str(LIEFER->LS_NR)) Copy Structure to &vDbfExp if DbUseArea(.t.,"COMIX",vDbfExp,vDbfExp,.f.) //<--- Error COMIX index on _FIELD->ART_NR + _FIELD->BEST_NR tag &vDbfExp end end end Error COMIX/8101 Corruption ...

Sysreq? #2
I just got an old PowerMac 7100/66av (with a 20" CRT, lucky me!). Will this support at least a text install of linux? I know fedora core 4 has a powerpc option. I have an outboard scsi drive, so I'm not uptight about space. poly-p man, Registered Linux User #386711 at counter.li.org ...

Function __generic_file_aio_read( ) in kernel 2.6.x
Hi, I need to get the major and minor numbers from the struct "struct file *filp" in the function __generic_file_aio_read(..) of the file filemap.c for the kernel 2.6.xx. My stub code is as follows: ssize_t __generic_file_aio_read(struct kiocb *iocb, const struct iovec *iov, unsigned long nr_segs, loff_t *ppos) { struct file *filp = iocb->ki_filp; .... if(imajor(filp->f_mapping->host)) { printk("before major:%d\n", imajor(filp->f_mapping->host)); printk("before minor:%d\n", iminor(filp->f_mapping->host)); } .... }...

Re: Easy question, please help to run a function n times #2
I would use a FOR loop and collect the generated points in a preallocated vector like, M=74; n=88; T = Range[10000]; For[i=1, i<=10000, i++, R= RandomReal[{15,23}]; T[[i]]= M/(R/n); ]; myMean = Mean[T]; However, this is very much a procedural programming approach. I'm sure the Mathematica experts helping on this list can provide a more efficient approach... Joe On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Kevin <kxcarmichael250@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to run the function t= M/(R/n), where R is a random number > generated between 15 and 25. Wh...

newbie need help on python-2.3.2 installation
Hi: I was trying to install python on solaris 9 and failed: root@system:~/Python-2.3.2:) make install ../install-sh -c python /usr/local/bin/python2.3 if test -f libpython2.3.so; then \ if test ".so" = .dll; then \ ./install-sh -c -m 555 libpython2.3.so /usr/local/bin; \ else \ ../install-sh -c -m 555 libpython2.3.so /usr/local/lib/libpython2.3.so; \ (cd /usr/local/lib; ln -sf libpython2.3.so libpython2.3.so); \ fi; \ else true; \ fi ln: cannot create libpython2.3.so: File exists make: *** [altbininstall] Error 2 thanks ...

Re: Excel to SQL Server #2
I got a few interesting answers offlist. Here is what I am sending our end users. It assumes an existing DSN definition. Comments and suggestions welcome. You can run Excel, and open the Workflow.dsn we created in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ODBC\Data Sources. From the Select Table dialog, choose an appropriate table. This will return the headers and whatever data there is, for viewing. From the Data pull down menu, choose Import External Data > and from its submenus, choose Edit Query... Choose [Next > ] until you get to the last dialog. Choose the (o) View Data or ed...

What c++ doesn't show error
Hi, I've a class class A { private: int _mem; public: void foo(A a) { _mem = 0; _a.mem = 0;//not showing access viloation error } }; In the above function I'm accessing object a's private member by a._mem. Why c++ is not restricting private member access inside a member fn even if the object is different? Is there any specific reason for this? On 12 nov, 09:08, Faisal <faisal...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I've a class > > class A > { > private: > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 int _mem; > public: > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 void foo(A a) > =A0 =A0 =...

[wxX11-2.5.2] wxList broken?
Hi all, I've download and compiled wxX11-2.5.2 (since 2.5.1 and documentation have disappeared. Any way to still get a hold of those? They're still useful, to me at least). It appears things are rather broken, but I can't believe that people haven't been up in arms more if they were broken for everyone. I compile and start the minimal sample. Click a menu. Segmentation fault. Fire up gdb. Poke around. Here are some interesting bits: Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. [Switching to Thread -1284239232 (LWP 30561)] 0xb3bbb7c0 in wxNod...

2 questions
1. Does strdup preserve the '\0' when supplying a string literal like "string". I'm asking this because if that's the case, i can easily write a pointer like that out as fwrite(buffer,strlen(buffer),1,fp). Sorry if you don't get the relevance, i will post a more explaining post later with example code. I need to test some things out first myself. 2. when supplying a pointer to a string function like strcpy, does it 'work' like strdup but with a more flexible interface (supplying size etc.). Does it malloc the size i give in strncpy to the dest stri...

Amarok 2: disappointing
I have to say that the new release of Amarok is turning out to be very disappointing. The sad thing is that what makes it disappointing isn't even a bug but the intended design. Although the collection tab appears to show some polish when comparing to the previous release, all the other bits that made amarok great are missing or at least mangled to the point of being useless. The playlist is a pain in the neck to manage and mangles all information, now there is this middle panel that is not only useless but also sports an unpolished, underwhelming design and editing the id3 info of a ...

Camera Raw plugin #2
Can the Camera Raw plugin be applied on raw files from a film scanner? Thanks. i dont think so, only the cameras of the list <delsonpark@att.net> escribi� en el mensaje news:3F6B4D23.EA38AF96@att.net... > Can the Camera Raw plugin be applied on raw files from a film scanner? > Thanks. Can you tell us where this 'List' is please? Doug "RBB" <RICHARD_BURCH@terra.es> wrote in message news:bkfl2a$7kb$1@nsnmpen2-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net... > i dont think so, only the cameras of the list > > > <delsonpark@att.net> escribi� en el mens...

Symbol undefined? Linker error!
I am a total novice. And granted this probably is a very simple question, it still stops me from finishing my thesis. Thanks in advance for any postings. I am using a library routine and apparently I have all the necessar� files to compile properly. But my compiler comes up with the following message link samain,,,user32+kernel32/noi; OPTLINK (R) for Win32 Release 7.50B1 Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001 All Rights Reserved samain.obj(samain) Error 42: Symbol Undefined ?free_vector@@YAXPAMJJ@Z (void cdecl free_vector(flo at *,long ,long )) samain.obj(samain) Error 42: Symbol Undef...

FAQ 2.8 Where can I get information on Perl? #31
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq2.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 2.8: Where can I get information on Perl? The complete Perl documentation is available with the Perl distribution. If you have Perl installed locally, you probably have the documentation installed as well: type ...

Facts about 3D Ultrasound #2
To produce reflections of sound waves transmitted 3D ultrasound at different angles and are combined to produce a 3D image. 4D ultrasound can be produced when three-dimensional images created in a rapid transition to give a 3D motion of the fetus. http://www.angelprintsultrasound.com/ ...

Re: select column from different dataset #2
Stanley, Does the following approximate what you have and are hoping to achieve? data one; input quarter balance; cards; 1 10 2 9 3 8 4 7 ; data two; input quarter balance; cards; 1 7 2 8 3 9 4 10 ; data all; set one (rename=(balance=balance1)); set two (rename=(balance=balance2)); run; Art ---------- On Tue, 12 May 2009 21:50:03 -0400, Stanley Luo <shanminglo@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Dear SAS-L: >I have 12 datasets from Jan. to Dec. and each have the column "balance". >Now I would like collect the 12 "balance"s into one column in one dataset. >...

2 computers, 2 NICs each, 2 LANs
What happens if you have 2 (or more) computers, with 2 NICs each and assign different IP addresses/ranges to corresponding NICs? For example: Computer 1: NIC 1: 192.168.1.2 Netmask: 255.255.255.0 NIC 2: 192.168.100.2 Netmask: 255.255.255.0 Computer 2: NIC 1:192.168.1.3 Netmask: 255.255.255.0 NIC 2:192.168.100.3 Netmask: 255.255.255.0 The computers would be connected by one or two routers. If two routers, one for the 192.168.1.xxx NICs, and one for the 192.168.100.xxx NICs (would it matter if 1 or 2?) Or, would be connected by two crossover cables - one on 192.168.1.xxx NICs, one on 19...

Type/rank mismatch and syntax error in argument
Dear all ; I use FUNCTION qromb ( from numerical recipes )in my program which calls polint subroutine. ------------------------------------------------------ SUBROUTINE polint(xa,ya,x,y,dy) USE nrtype; USE nrutil, ONLY : assert_eq,iminloc,nrerror IMPLICIT NONE REAL(SP), DIMENSION(:), INTENT(IN) :: xa,ya REAL(SP), INTENT(IN) :: x REAL(SP), INTENT(OUT) :: y,dy !Given arrays xa and ya of length N, and given a value x, this routine returns a value y, !and an error estimate dy. If P(x) is the polynomial of degree N - 1 such that P(xai) = !ya...

Lotus Version 2.2
Does anyone know if the older versions of Lotus like version 2.2 Dos based will ever become freeware, as I have found no spreadsheets available except for the ones found on the Emule network but they were written in spanish? email13971397@Yahoo.com wrote... >Does anyone know if the older versions of Lotus like version 2.2 Dos >based will ever become freeware, as I have found no spreadsheets >available except for the ones found on the Emule network but they were >written in spanish? Unlikely. Your best bet would be hunting for old copies of either VP-Planner or Mosaic...

SW: Status of eCS 2.2....
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++ From: rwkleinDESPAM@DESPAMmensys.nl Last week we released a new eCS 2.2 demo CD beta 5 (you can not access your hard disc partitions with this CD).. You can download via this URL: http://www.ecomstation.com/democd/index.php?file=9 Primary reason to release this beta is to get the latest versions of the following drivers tested: ACPI USB stack Panorama OS2AHCI DANIS506 I expect to have a new eCS 2.2 install beta DVD first week of January. We are still performing more testing on disc geometry bugs that ...

TERMINAL PROGRAM NEEDED #2
I'm looking for a terminal emulator which will allow me to input "ATDT" and about 3,500-5,000 numbers. I want all of the numbers to immediately dial after the ATDT command. Please let me know where I can get a simplE program like this. J.R. http://www.freebusinesscards.com ...

[ANN] VersyPDF Library Releases Its Version 2.2 #2
VersyPDF Library Releases Its Version 2.2 New version of the library for creating PDF documents on the fly was released. Our company released new version of the VersyPDF Library. Versions for C/C++(Windows, Solaris, MacOS, AIX, HP-UX), Delphi, .NET, Perl, PHP . Whats new: [!]Appended AES ( Advanced encryption security ) [-] Fixed some little bugs VersyPDF is a set of the high-quality, industry-strength PDF libraries for different progremming languages meeting the requirements of the most demanding and diverse applications. Using VersyPDF libraries you can write stand-alone, cross-platform ...

rndc and views #2
Hi, I use rndc to update records for my zones currently not using any views. I'm going to be creating two different views(perhaps more) with the same zones declared each. How does rndc work w/ views? Can you edit records in a zone in a specific view only? Delete a record in a zone in all views? Any tips or links will help. Thanks, -Jose ...

Query help #2 #2
I have a query where I want to retrieve "YES" if tableName.replacement = 1 and "NO" if tableName.replacement = 0 and "DONT KNOW" if tableName.replacement = 2. How do I do this in SQL? I know in ORACLE SQL*PLUS I would use the decode function. Is there something similar in Access? There is no SQL statement to do this (AFAIK). But in VBA you have Choose (which works to base 1). MyChoice = Choose(tableName.replacement+1, "No", "Yes", "Don't Know") Regards Peter Russell Mom2B previously wrote: > I have a query where I wan...