Just Ordered my new PC do you think its a decent pc :)

Abit NF7-S Revision 2

Mobile Barton 2500 going to overclock to atleast 2.5ghz.

Hitachi 120 GB SATA Harddisk.

1024 Corsair TwinX 3200LL ram :)

Coupled with the Radeon 9600 Pro i have and the Audidgy 2 ZS.

Might get a Radeon 9800 Pro Extream Core 400, Memmory 700, just would
like to play Farcry at full deatil and have exellent FPS, not too much
to ask ill see how it gos with my 9600 Pro.

Well what do you lot think.

And yes i know i cross posted this to many groups if i did not i would
not be me now would i :)

And thanks for all the people who helped me, even the ones who hate me
now and wish me dead :)

Ill start cross posting again when i get all the parts delivered and
put together, you know 3dmark scores, harddisk speed, how good games
run now, FPS wise ect, i will be intolerable.

See you then.

0
paulm5386 (14)
6/26/2004 2:27:41 AM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14509 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:27:41 +1000, Scott Backular wrote:
{snip}
> Ill start cross posting again when i get all the parts delivered and
> put together, you know 3dmark scores, harddisk speed, how good games
> run now, FPS wise ect, i will be intolerable.
>
> See you then.

Obviously you are into computers. If you are so into computers perhaps you
should also be into Usenet Etiquette and refrain from all your
cross-posting. You might then find that people are more apt to help you
and respond to you. Just a little suggestion matey...

Larry Gagnon
0
lagagnon (92)
6/26/2004 3:50:36 AM
Do you know that your posts are the same style as this wanks poasts ?

"We Live for the One we Die for the One"

0
OldFart1 (4)
6/26/2004 5:30:54 AM
"Scott Backular" <paulm@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Abit NF7-S Revision 2

Abit sucks

> Mobile Barton 2500 going to overclock to atleast 2.5ghz.

AMD is worse

> Hitachi 120 GB SATA Harddisk.

OMG I can't believe you but a Hitachi, what were you thinking?

> 1024 Corsair TwinX 3200LL ram :)

TwinX is just a marketing gimmik you dumb twat

> Coupled with the Radeon 9600 Pro i have and the Audidgy 2 ZS.

I don't even have to say anything, you already know. . .

> Might get a Radeon 9800 Pro Extream Core 400, Memmory 700, just would
> like to play Farcry at full deatil and have exellent FPS, not too much
> to ask ill see how it gos with my 9600 Pro.

It will run like dog

> Well what do you lot think.
>
> And yes i know i cross posted this to many groups if i did not i would
> not be me now would i :)

No you would not.  You would be the opposite of asshole.

> And thanks for all the people who helped me, even the ones who hate me
> now and wish me dead :)
>
> Ill start cross posting again when i get all the parts delivered and
> put together, you know 3dmark scores, harddisk speed, how good games
> run now, FPS wise ect, i will be intolerable.
>
> See you then.

Nobody cares about your half-ass piece of shit budget pc.  My grandmother
can pick out better components than you, you dumb twat!

0
libras.ren (22)
6/26/2004 5:52:05 AM
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 05:30:54 GMT, "Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Do you know that your posts are the same style as this wanks poasts ?
>
>"We Live for the One we Die for the One"

Good catch, another pseudonym for that killfile bound idiot.
Andrew
6/26/2004 7:34:24 AM
> Abit NF7-S Revision 2
>
> Mobile Barton 2500 going to overclock to atleast 2.5ghz.
>
> Hitachi 120 GB SATA Harddisk.
>
> 1024 Corsair TwinX 3200LL ram :)
>
> Coupled with the Radeon 9600 Pro i have and the Audidgy 2 ZS.
>
> Might get a Radeon 9800 Pro Extream Core 400, Memmory 700, just would
> like to play Farcry at full deatil and have exellent FPS, not too much
> to ask ill see how it gos with my 9600 Pro.
>
> Well what do you lot think.

I love the retro feel....cool.  Very "90's" !!

0
redted (496)
6/26/2004 8:03:47 AM
"Libras Renholder" <libras.ren@hushmail.com> wrote in message news:<2k4h82F17ohnpU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "Scott Backular" <paulm@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> >
> > Abit NF7-S Revision 2
>
> Abit sucks
>
> > Mobile Barton 2500 going to overclock to atleast 2.5ghz.
>
> AMD is worse
>
> > Hitachi 120 GB SATA Harddisk.
>
> OMG I can't believe you but a Hitachi, what were you thinking?
>
> > 1024 Corsair TwinX 3200LL ram :)
>
> TwinX is just a marketing gimmik you dumb twat
>
> > Coupled with the Radeon 9600 Pro i have and the Audidgy 2 ZS.
>
> I don't even have to say anything, you already know. . .
>
> > Might get a Radeon 9800 Pro Extream Core 400, Memmory 700, just would
> > like to play Farcry at full deatil and have exellent FPS, not too much
> > to ask ill see how it gos with my 9600 Pro.
>
> It will run like dog
>
> > Well what do you lot think.
> >
> > And yes i know i cross posted this to many groups if i did not i would
> > not be me now would i :)
>
> No you would not.  You would be the opposite of asshole.
>
> > And thanks for all the people who helped me, even the ones who hate me
> > now and wish me dead :)
> >
> > Ill start cross posting again when i get all the parts delivered and
> > put together, you know 3dmark scores, harddisk speed, how good games
> > run now, FPS wise ect, i will be intolerable.
> >
> > See you then.
>
> Nobody cares about your half-ass piece of shit budget pc.  My grandmother
> can pick out better components than you, you dumb twat!

I know this dude keeps cross posting and many people dislike him for
it...
But I gotta say a few things...

Abit are not cr@p ..from what I've heard they do some good MOBO's.. I
stick to Asus cos I know them well (It could be worse.. heard of a
supermicro desktop MOBO?) If Abit were crap why do they take at least
20% share of the market?

AMD is not cr@p either.. ( I bet you're an Intel & Microsoft
sympathiser) I have my first AMD chip (FX-51) and it kicks @$$ out of
any DESKTOP intel chip I've seen or used..
yeah yeah I know its 64-bit but I'm runnin it all on 32bit windows its
more the architecture that kicks @$$ (Now, I dont mind if you say
'generically windows is cr@p')

As for the twinX memory, its not marketting and so you must be the
twat for presuming you know it all - TwinX are PAIRED modules that are
DUALL CHANNEL, other corsair modules are single channel.

As for the Hitachi HDD... as long as its decent spec and has a min 3
year warranty.. who cares ?? most parts are from the same
manufacturers anyway...

But Scott or whatever your name is... your ettiquete is 80ll0x and I'm
not surprised you get slated all the time.. try posting to the groups
that are applicable to your post .. I'm sure the peeps in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati dont wanna hear what you have to say
in this post....
Its decent for a budget rig. Don't expect high res, full detail gameplay
on newer games.

Scott Backular wrote:
> Abit NF7-S Revision 2
>
> Mobile Barton 2500 going to overclock to atleast 2.5ghz.
>
> Hitachi 120 GB SATA Harddisk.
>
> 1024 Corsair TwinX 3200LL ram :)
>
> Coupled with the Radeon 9600 Pro i have and the Audidgy 2 ZS.
>
> Might get a Radeon 9800 Pro Extream Core 400, Memmory 700, just would
> like to play Farcry at full deatil and have exellent FPS, not too much
> to ask ill see how it gos with my 9600 Pro.
>
> Well what do you lot think.
>
> And yes i know i cross posted this to many groups if i did not i would
> not be me now would i :)
>
> And thanks for all the people who helped me, even the ones who hate me
> now and wish me dead :)
>
> Ill start cross posting again when i get all the parts delivered and
> put together, you know 3dmark scores, harddisk speed, how good games
> run now, FPS wise ect, i will be intolerable.
>
> See you then.

0
dont7826 (40)
6/26/2004 12:39:05 PM
"FrobinRobin" <frobinrobin@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I know this dude keeps cross posting and many people dislike him for
> it...
> But I gotta say a few things...
>
> Abit are not cr@p ..from what I've heard they do some good MOBO's.. I
> stick to Asus cos I know them well (It could be worse.. heard of a
> supermicro desktop MOBO?) If Abit were crap why do they take at least
> 20% share of the market?

I think Libras' post was actually intended as sarcasm of sorts, but I will
say that even though I've never owned one, I've heard a lot of good things
about Abit's motherboards over the years.

> AMD is not cr@p either.. ( I bet you're an Intel & Microsoft
> sympathiser) I have my first AMD chip (FX-51) and it kicks @$$ out of
> any DESKTOP intel chip I've seen or used..
> yeah yeah I know its 64-bit but I'm runnin it all on 32bit windows its
> more the architecture that kicks @$$ (Now, I dont mind if you say
> 'generically windows is cr@p')

I own a Pentium 4 and an Athlon XP system.  I'm very happy with both.
Both platforms are solid and stable.  The Athlon processor has fewer
instruction sets and runs hotter, but I expected that.

> As for the twinX memory, its not marketting and so you must be the
> twat for presuming you know it all - TwinX are PAIRED modules that are
> DUALL CHANNEL, other corsair modules are single channel.

Dual channel rules, but I'm getting dual channel support on both of my
systems using Kingston Value RAM.  :-)  Of course, this means no
overclocking for me, but I think such practice in this day and age is
overrated unless you are trying to squeeze extra life out of low-cost
low-end components.

> As for the Hitachi HDD... as long as its decent spec and has a min 3
> year warranty.. who cares ?? most parts are from the same
> manufacturers anyway...

Heh, they should really have dropped the Deskstar name though.  :-)

> But Scott or whatever your name is... your ettiquete is 80ll0x and I'm
> not surprised you get slated all the time.. try posting to the groups
> that are applicable to your post .. I'm sure the peeps in
> alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati dont wanna hear what you have to say
> in this post....

The number of newsgroups he cross-posted to is incredible.

"Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Do you know that your posts are the same style as this wanks poasts ?
>
> "We Live for the One we Die for the One"

  I thought it was just me, that was my first impression also.

Luck;
    Ken

0
kmaltby (9)
6/26/2004 6:20:35 PM
What newer games wont run at high res on my system and decent
framerates ?

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 07:39:05 -0500, Destroy <dont@ask.com> wrote:

>Its decent for a budget rig. Don't expect high res, full detail gameplay
>on newer games.
>
>Scott Backular wrote:
>> Abit NF7-S Revision 2
>>
>> Mobile Barton 2500 going to overclock to atleast 2.5ghz.
>>
>> Hitachi 120 GB SATA Harddisk.
>>
>> 1024 Corsair TwinX 3200LL ram :)
>>
>> Coupled with the Radeon 9600 Pro i have and the Audidgy 2 ZS.
>>
>> Might get a Radeon 9800 Pro Extream Core 400, Memmory 700, just would
>> like to play Farcry at full deatil and have exellent FPS, not too much
>> to ask ill see how it gos with my 9600 Pro.
>>
>> Well what do you lot think.
>>
>> And yes i know i cross posted this to many groups if i did not i would
>> not be me now would i :)
>>
>> And thanks for all the people who helped me, even the ones who hate me
>> now and wish me dead :)
>>
>> Ill start cross posting again when i get all the parts delivered and
>> put together, you know 3dmark scores, harddisk speed, how good games
>> run now, FPS wise ect, i will be intolerable.
>>
>> See you then.

0
paulm5386 (14)
6/26/2004 7:06:26 PM

Jake Smith wrote:
> What newer games wont run at high res on my system and decent
> framerates ?

Don't know what your rig is. Was refering to OP's rig specs.

0
dont7826 (40)
6/26/2004 7:18:49 PM
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:18:49 -0500, Destroy <dont@ask.com> wrote:

:>
:>
:>Jake Smith wrote:
:>> What newer games wont run at high res on my system and decent
:>> framerates ?
:>
:>Don't know what your rig is. Was refering to OP's rig specs.

Uh, it is the OP.  He's playing nymshifting games.  Look at his email
address.  Note the Address part is the same but the Name part has been
"shifted".  It made me have to go back and edit my kill file entry to
ignore the Name and just filter on the Address.

me/2
0
null
6/26/2004 7:33:11 PM
Destroy wrote:
> Jake Smith wrote:
>> What newer games wont run at high res on my system and decent
>> framerates ?
>
> Don't know what your rig is. Was refering to OP's rig specs.

That was the OP, look at the headers ;o)

What do WE think?  Isn't it much more important what YOU think?  WE have no
idea what you intend to use it for.  It MIGHT make a lovely dining table
centerpiece, who knows?  It MAY be major overkill as a machine with which to
check your email and do a little word-processing.  If you are a serious
gamer, however good it is you'll probably be drooling over something ELSE in
six weeks.  If you want to use it for CAD or photo editing, you may be sorry
that it isn't dual processor or that you didn't get a larger or sharper
monitor.

You see, there is NO WAY that WE could have any sort of meaningful opinion
(even if that DID matter).  For all we know, maybe the selection criteria
was how much neon and chrome it has.  We don't even know how much you paid
so we can't even tell you that you got a "great deal" or "got ripped off".
(Besides, for a computer user, the SUPPORT may be far more important than
the price.)  Now, if you want to help the next person ready to buy a PC,
after you've used it for six weeks, re-post WHAT you bought, HOW you use it,
and WHETHER it is well-suited for that purpose.

So, ENJOY the computer...WRING it out...FIND any bugs while you have a
warranty and support...

"Scott Backular" <paulm@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Abit NF7-S Revision 2
>
> Mobile Barton 2500 going to overclock to atleast 2.5ghz.
>
> Hitachi 120 GB SATA Harddisk.
>
> 1024 Corsair TwinX 3200LL ram :)
>
> Coupled with the Radeon 9600 Pro i have and the Audidgy 2 ZS.
>
> Might get a Radeon 9800 Pro Extream Core 400, Memmory 700, just would
> like to play Farcry at full deatil and have exellent FPS, not too much
> to ask ill see how it gos with my 9600 Pro.
>
> Well what do you lot think.
>
> And yes i know i cross posted this to many groups if i did not i would
> not be me now would i :)
>
> And thanks for all the people who helped me, even the ones who hate me
> now and wish me dead :)
>
> Ill start cross posting again when i get all the parts delivered and
> put together, you know 3dmark scores, harddisk speed, how good games
> run now, FPS wise ect, i will be intolerable.
>
> See you then.

"As for the Hitachi HDD... as long as its decent spec and has a min 3
year warranty.. who cares ?? most parts are from the same
manufacturers anyway..."

IBM developed such a bad rep for their hard drives that they sold the hard
drive side of their business to Hitachi.
This is why Hitachi can call their drives Travelstar and Deskstar. You still
wouldn`t want to own one though.

0
OldFart1 (4)
6/27/2004 3:59:45 AM
Scott Backular wrote:
> Abit NF7-S Revision 2
>
> Mobile Barton 2500 going to overclock to atleast 2.5ghz.
>
> Hitachi 120 GB SATA Harddisk.
>
> 1024 Corsair TwinX 3200LL ram :)
>
> Coupled with the Radeon 9600 Pro i have and the Audidgy 2 ZS.
>
> Might get a Radeon 9800 Pro Extream Core 400, Memmory 700, just would
> like to play Farcry at full deatil and have exellent FPS, not too much
> to ask ill see how it gos with my 9600 Pro.
>
> Well what do you lot think.
>
> And yes i know i cross posted this to many groups if i did not i would
> not be me now would i :)
>
> And thanks for all the people who helped me, even the ones who hate me
> now and wish me dead :)
>
> Ill start cross posting again when i get all the parts delivered and
> put together, you know 3dmark scores, harddisk speed, how good games
> run now, FPS wise ect, i will be intolerable.
>
> See you then.

lose the soundcard... add another HDD and up the Videocard to a 9800pro
hope this helps
0
cparaske (1)
6/27/2004 1:17:18 PM
Think the soundstormis better then :)

Yeah get the 9800 pro.

Thanks.

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:17:18 GMT, James Paraskeva
<cparaske@NOSPAMbigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Scott Backular wrote:
>> Abit NF7-S Revision 2
>>
>> Mobile Barton 2500 going to overclock to atleast 2.5ghz.
>>
>> Hitachi 120 GB SATA Harddisk.
>>
>> 1024 Corsair TwinX 3200LL ram :)
>>
>> Coupled with the Radeon 9600 Pro i have and the Audidgy 2 ZS.
>>
>> Might get a Radeon 9800 Pro Extream Core 400, Memmory 700, just would
>> like to play Farcry at full deatil and have exellent FPS, not too much
>> to ask ill see how it gos with my 9600 Pro.
>>
>> Well what do you lot think.
>>
>> And yes i know i cross posted this to many groups if i did not i would
>> not be me now would i :)
>>
>> And thanks for all the people who helped me, even the ones who hate me
>> now and wish me dead :)
>>
>> Ill start cross posting again when i get all the parts delivered and
>> put together, you know 3dmark scores, harddisk speed, how good games
>> run now, FPS wise ect, i will be intolerable.
>>
>> See you then.
>>
>lose the soundcard... add another HDD and up the Videocard to a 9800pro
>hope this helps

0
paulm5386 (14)
6/28/2004 12:28:09 AM
> "As for the Hitachi HDD... as long as its decent spec and has a min 3
> year warranty.. who cares ?? most parts are from the same
> manufacturers anyway..."
>
> IBM developed such a bad rep for their hard drives that they sold the hard
> drive side of their business to Hitachi.
> This is why Hitachi can call their drives Travelstar and Deskstar. You
still
> wouldn`t want to own one though.

Not even the 7k60?  I've only seen raves about that drive...  (For those who
don't know, it
is a 7200 rpm 2.5" laptop drive, 60GB.)

"George" <nowhere@newsonly.com> wrote in message

> "Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "As for the Hitachi HDD... as long as its decent spec and has a min 3
> > year warranty.. who cares ?? most parts are from the same
> > manufacturers anyway..."
> >
> > IBM developed such a bad rep for their hard drives that they sold the
hard
> > drive side of their business to Hitachi.
> > This is why Hitachi can call their drives Travelstar and Deskstar. You
> still
> > wouldn`t want to own one though.
> >

> Not even the 7k60?  I've only seen raves about that drive...  (For those
who
> don't know, it
> is a 7200 rpm 2.5" laptop drive, 60GB.)

How many names are you going to use???
We Live for the One we Die for the One

Paul Mathews

Scott Backular

Godfather  "The headers seem the same.."

Denny.  :-)

Is it against the law to have multiple personalitys ?

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:53:15 -0400, "Dennis E Strausser Jr"
<dstrausser33@comcast.net> wrote:

>"George" <nowhere@newsonly.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > "As for the Hitachi HDD... as long as its decent spec and has a min 3
>> > year warranty.. who cares ?? most parts are from the same
>> > manufacturers anyway..."
>> >
>> > IBM developed such a bad rep for their hard drives that they sold the
>hard
>> > drive side of their business to Hitachi.
>> > This is why Hitachi can call their drives Travelstar and Deskstar. You
>> still
>> > wouldn`t want to own one though.
>> >

>> Not even the 7k60?  I've only seen raves about that drive...  (For those
>who
>> don't know, it
>> is a 7200 rpm 2.5" laptop drive, 60GB.)
>>

>How many names are you going to use???
>We Live for the One we Die for the One
>
>Paul Mathews
>
>Scott Backular
>
>Godfather  "The headers seem the same.."
>
>Denny.  :-)

0
ModenMr (68)
6/29/2004 1:41:10 PM
OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in

> Is it against the law to have multiple personalitys ?

Yes, it is!

No, it isn't!

Er, excuse me...

-- Bob

0
odd_bob (24)
6/29/2004 4:25:39 PM
Now you know what i go though :0

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:25:39 -0000, Odd Bob <odd_bob@odd.bob> wrote:

>OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
>

>> Is it against the law to have multiple personalitys ?
>>

>Yes, it is!
>
>No, it isn't!
>
>Er, excuse me...
>
>-- Bob

0
ModenMr (68)
6/29/2004 4:39:49 PM
"Dennis E Strausser Jr" <dstrausser33@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "George" <nowhere@newsonly.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > "As for the Hitachi HDD... as long as its decent spec and has a min 3
> > > year warranty.. who cares ?? most parts are from the same
> > > manufacturers anyway..."
> > >
> > > IBM developed such a bad rep for their hard drives that they sold the
> hard
> > > drive side of their business to Hitachi.
> > > This is why Hitachi can call their drives Travelstar and Deskstar. You
> > still
> > > wouldn`t want to own one though.
> > >

> > Not even the 7k60?  I've only seen raves about that drive...  (For those
> who
> > don't know, it
> > is a 7200 rpm 2.5" laptop drive, 60GB.)
> >

> How many names are you going to use???
> We Live for the One we Die for the One
>
> Paul Mathews
>
> Scott Backular
>
> Godfather  "The headers seem the same.."
>
> Denny.  :-)

What the HECK are you talking about?  THIS is the only name I've used for a
few years.  If in doubt, check the organization in the header, MINE uses
characters not on your keyboard.

Now, do you have any info (different than I've heard + the reviews in
Pricegrabber) on the drive in question?

Hes talking about me you TWAT, iam the amazing name changing dood :)

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:59:20 -0400, "George" <nowhere@newsonly.com>
wrote:

>"Dennis E Strausser Jr" <dstrausser33@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> "George" <nowhere@newsonly.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> hard
>> > still
>> > >

>> > Not even the 7k60?  I've only seen raves about that drive...  (For those
>> who
>> > don't know, it
>> > is a 7200 rpm 2.5" laptop drive, 60GB.)
>> >

>> How many names are you going to use???
>> We Live for the One we Die for the One
>>
>> Paul Mathews
>>
>> Scott Backular
>>
>> Godfather  "The headers seem the same.."
>>
>> Denny.  :-)
>>

>What the HECK are you talking about?  THIS is the only name I've used for a
>few years.  If in doubt, check the organization in the header, MINE uses
>characters not on your keyboard.
>
>Now, do you have any info (different than I've heard + the reviews in
>Pricegrabber) on the drive in question?

0
ModenMr (68)
6/30/2004 2:01:46 PM
In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox Scott Backular <paulm@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Ill start cross posting again when i get all the parts delivered and
> put together, you know 3dmark scores, harddisk speed, how good games
> run now, FPS wise ect, i will be intolerable.

It sucks.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

   Maarten Bakker.

It will do me till the next Gen 64bits come out :)

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:56:16 +0000 (UTC), maarten@panic.xx.tudelft.nl
wrote:

>In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox Scott Backular <paulm@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> Ill start cross posting again when i get all the parts delivered and
>> put together, you know 3dmark scores, harddisk speed, how good games
>> run now, FPS wise ect, i will be intolerable.
>
>It sucks.
>
>---
>Met vriendelijke groet,
>
>   Maarten Bakker.