New games PC, but where do I start?

Can anyone recommend what components to choose for a new games PC?
I'm looking to get a top-spec machine, but not *the* best machine ever
built as my budget is perhaps one maybe two notches below max.

Thanks, regards, Robert.

comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14509 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Dot Net Developer wrote:
> Can anyone recommend what components to choose for a new games PC?
> I'm looking to get a top-spec machine, but not *the* best machine ever
> built as my budget is perhaps one maybe two notches below max.
>
> Thanks, regards, Robert.

Make sure it has a CPU. Some people recommend a video card, but that's
optional. Keyboards are for elite bastards.
0
fg (934)
10/27/2007 11:55:00 AM
FoolsGold wrote:
> Dot Net Developer wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend what components to choose for a new games PC?
>> I'm looking to get a top-spec machine, but not *the* best machine ever
>> built as my budget is perhaps one maybe two notches below max.
>>
>> Thanks, regards, Robert.
>
> Make sure it has a CPU. Some people recommend a video card, but that's
> optional. Keyboards are for elite bastards.

I like those that come with mice.  Really useful things.  Trouble with
them is that generally you'll need a monitor as well  ;-)

To the OP.  Last months PC Gamer built a pretty good gaming PC.  I'll
dig it out before the end of the weekend and post the specs they used

0
shawk (4795)
10/27/2007 12:42:11 PM
On 27 Oct, 13:42, Shawk <sh...@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

> Last months PC Gamer built a pretty good gaming PC.  I'll dig it out before the end of the weekend and post the specs they used

Cheers.

"Dot Net Developer" <dotnetdeveloper@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
message
> Can anyone recommend what components to choose for a new
> games PC?
> I'm looking to get a top-spec machine, but not *the* best
> machine ever
> built as my budget is perhaps one maybe two notches below
> max.
>
> Thanks, regards, Robert.

Here is a site that has info on how and what to build for an
affordable gaming PC.
http://www.mysuperpc.com/

0
NospamLou (377)
10/27/2007 4:48:35 PM
On 27 Oct, 17:48, "Lou" <Nospam...@nospam.net> wrote:

> Here is a site that has info on how and what to build for an affordable gaming PC.  http://www.mysuperpc.com/

Excellent, thanks.

On Oct 27, 10:15 am, Dot Net Developer <dotnetdevelo...@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:
> On 27 Oct, 17:48, "Lou" <Nospam...@nospam.net> wrote:
>
> > Here is a site that has info on how and what to build for an affordable gaming PC.  http://www.mysuperpc.com/
>
> Excellent, thanks.

How timely!

One of my good friends just wrote a comprehensive article on this
topic.  He's a computer hardware expert.

You can read the article here:
http://www.gamingparents.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=180&Itemid=42

Cheers!

satchmo