Problem - Doom3 - Unknown command 'vid_restart'

Hi all,

When I run  starting doom3 I immediately get the following error mesage:

--------------------------------------
Unknown command 'vid_restart'
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
....shutting down QGL
Couldn't load default.cfg

Can anyone tell me where to go and look for the problem?

I'm running XP Pro SP1 on a AMD Athlon 64 3200 at 2G, 1G Ram, Radeon9800Pro
vid card.

Many thanks!!

BN

The complete log is below:
-----------------

DOOM 1.0.1282 win-x86 Sep 16 2004 16:54:12
2002 MHz AMD CPU with MMX & 3DNow! & SSE & SSE2
1024 MB System Memory
0 MB Video Memory
Winsock Initialized
Hostname: ATHLON64
IP: 10.0.0.150
IP: 213.84.199.162
doom using MMX & SSE & SSE2 for SIMD processing
enabled Flush-To-Zero mode
enabled Denormals-Are-Zero mode
------ Initializing File System ------
Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\game00.pk4 with checksum 0x7dafc4d4
Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak002.pk4 with checksum 0xc51ecdcd
Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak003.pk4 with checksum 0xcd79d028
Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak004.pk4 with checksum 0x765e4f8b
Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak005.pk4 with checksum 0x8ffc3621
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\Doom 3/base
C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak005.pk4 (63 files)
C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak004.pk4 (5137 files)
C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak003.pk4 (4676 files)
C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak002.pk4 (6120 files)
C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\game00.pk4 (2 files)
game DLL: 0x0 in pak: 0x0
file system initialized.
--------------------------------------
Unknown command 'vid_restart'
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
....shutting down QGL
Couldn't load default.cfg

comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14221 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:23:53 +0200, "Bob Newheart"
<paddo16_kill_spam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm running XP Pro SP1 on a AMD Athlon 64 3200 at 2G, 1G Ram, Radeon9800Pro
>vid card.

Which drivers are you using for your 9800Pro? If you are using default
Microsoft ones they don't support OpenGL.
Andrew
10/17/2004 8:26:58 AM
Driver was downloaded from ATI, driver date 29-9-2004, version 6.14.10.6483
(updated today).

thanks,

BN

> >I'm running XP Pro SP1 on a AMD Athlon 64 3200 at 2G, 1G Ram,
Radeon9800Pro
> >vid card.
>
> Which drivers are you using for your 9800Pro? If you are using default
> Microsoft ones they don't support OpenGL.

Problem fixed. I tried a reinstall of doom3. I updated the ATI drivers after
installing Doom3, perhaps that had something to do with it.

Thanks again,

BN

"Bob Newheart" <paddo16_kill_spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Driver was downloaded from ATI, driver date 29-9-2004, version
6.14.10.6483
> (updated today).
>
> thanks,
>
> BN
>
> > >I'm running XP Pro SP1 on a AMD Athlon 64 3200 at 2G, 1G Ram,
> Radeon9800Pro
> > >vid card.
> >
> > Which drivers are you using for your 9800Pro? If you are using default
> > Microsoft ones they don't support OpenGL.

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Seperating commands by semicolon problem on command line
Hello Everyone, I am behind a Sun Solaris 10 environment. I am desperately trying to execute 2 commands seperated by a semicolon in one line and I get errors: >setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/xxx/yyy/zzz/scripts/tools/SMClibgcc/reloc"; statsvar stats.config 2000 6 ../ymftables/human -sort sequence.fas The shell is executing the shell tool "sort" and brings me errors but the parameter -sort is correct. sort: illegal option -- g sort: illegal option -- g usage: sort [-cmu] [-o output] [-T directory] [-S mem] [-z recsz] [-dfiMnr] [-b] [-t char] [-k keydef] [+pos1 [-pos...

Problem with executing commands on MATLAB command window
Hi, When I open MATLAB 7.1 and issue a command "simulink" on MATLAB command window, it opens the Simulink Library. But, when I use Reflection from .NET and try to issue same command it gives error: "Warning: Function c:\\program files\\matlab71\\bin\\win32\\simulink.dll has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict.\n> In slcustomize at 30\n In simulinkrc at 35\nMex file entry point is missing. Please check the (case-sensitive) \nspelling of mexFunction (for C MEX-files), or the (case-insensitive) \nsp...

Problem with GPIB commands (while VISA commands is OK)
Hi, &nbsp; I have a problem to read Keithley 2002 DMM buffer using GPIB Read if the buffer has more than 290 stored value.&nbsp; As shown in the VI, there are 2 loops for debugging purpose: &nbsp; 1) Configuration 1a &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1st Loop value = 1; 2nd Loop value = 300 (30*10)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; --&gt; Data reading from buffer is corrupted at the 292th as shown in Read DMM String indicator at the Front Panel of Read DMM Buffer GPIB.vi &nbsp; 2) Configuration 1b &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1st Loop value = 1; 2nd Loop...

Problem with ioctl command Problem with ioctl FSCTL_SET_REPARSE_POINT
Hi I'am being developpe a drive virtual disk file system. When I call API definedosdevice on my name device , it's OK, it works for a drive letter I can see virtual files and virtual directory. I'am try with the command IOCTL FSCTL_SET_REPARSE_POINT to make a link empty directory on my virtual disk containing some virtual files installed with DeviceType = FILE_DEVICE_DISK_FILE_SYSTEM and devicecharacteristics = FILE_DEVICE_IS_MOUNTED , it's ok for command IOCTL FSCTL_SET_REPARSE_POINT. Problem : it's don't work when click directory linked to my disk contain...

Problem with creating command which defines command with optional argument
Hello, I need to define a command \makeCommand{} which defines a command with an optional argument, i.e. \makeCommand{myCommand} ^= \newcommand{\myCommand}[2][]{Argument: #2} I know how to define a command without an optional argument: \newcommand{\makeCommand}[1]{% \expandafter\def\csname #1\endcsname##1##2{Argument: ##2}% } i.e. \makeCommand{myCommand} ^= \newcommand{\myCommand}[2]{Argument: #2} Is there any way to define a command \makeCommand{} which defines a command with an optional argument ? Thanks in advance ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- -...

What is the command/Is there a command...
to run a proc stored in a file other than the MD? If it is a Data Basic (Pick Basic) or Flash basic program at TCL you enter "run [filename][programname]" and the program executes. What if the "program" is a proc? Is there a tcl command that passes the tcl level excution command to another file? I am running a VB program and using the TclCommand object to run a tcl command which is actually a proc. the proc is stored in a file named "procs" Therefore, to run a proc I have to have an item in the MD thus: md,example 001 pq 002 [procs exa...

Problem defining command for making commands using xkeyval-keys
Hello, I have following problem: I want to define a command using serveral different xkeyval-keys (choice-key, input-key, bool-key), called for example \myCommand. If I define this command as shown in Example 1 it works. I need to define more than 1 command this way, so I tried to define a command \makeCommand which can set up any command like \myCommand in Example 1. In Example 2 I tried to recreate behaviour of Example 1 using \makeCommand to define \myCommand but it does not work. Now my question is why it does not work and how my problem of defining a command \makeCommand can be solved...

problem with executing commands from within the shell using a command string.
Hello, I am facing a problem with execution of commands from within the shell script. The following is the trouble maker. The command when executed from the prompt behaves as follows when the host 'courage' is not available $ ping -c1 -w1 courage >/dev/null 2>&1 || echo courage is down courage is down Now assume that the same text is in a script variable EXEC_STR="ping -c1 -w1 courage >/dev/null 2>&1 || echo courage is down" and i execute it by exec $EXEC_STR or ` echo $EXEC_STR ` I get the following message usage: ping [-adDfLnoPqQrRv] [-c ...

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

what is . command and : command?
hello, I am confused with . command and : command usage. can anybody help me to understand it with simple examples? Thanks in advance. regards, rahul On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:15:14 -0400, <rahul8143@gmail.com> wrote: > hello, > I am confused with . command and : command usage. can anybody help me > to understand it with simple examples? > Thanks in advance. > regards, > rahul > > .. means execute the following script in "this" shell as if it were a part of this shell's input or script that is currently running. One use is ...

problem with if command
Hi, I have one script which is given below. But when i try to execute this script i get syntax error like Syntax error at line 22 : `fi' is not expected Script is like LOGFILE=/home/logs/temp/MF0009.log if [ -f $LOGFILE ]; then grep ESC4 $LOGFILE >> /dev/null if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then grep ESC4 $LOGFILE | grep Exception | awk '{print $9,$10}' | sort | uniq > ESC4_Error.txt mailfile=ESC4_Mail.txt -------------------- -------------------- -----------...

Difficult problem: renaming existing commands and changing meaning of existing command.
I hope someone will be able to help me with this. I have many latex files in which I used definition macros for typing shortcuts. Some of them are defined with \renewcommand, so that the original meaning of those commands are not available any more. Is there some way I could use the original symbols the commands stood for? ======================================================================= Here's an example--- I use \o for \omega, and have done so for several years without realizing I would be in trouble one day. Originally, I used \def \o{\omega}, and at some point changed to ...

PGF/TikZ-Problem: Problem with using PGF math engine commands inside TikZ
Hello, I have following problem with the PGF-Package (version 1.18 (June 12, 2007)): I defined a new command as shorthand for using PGF's math engine command \pgfmathadd{number}{number}(\pgfmathadd's result = \pgfmathresult) which returns directly the sum of the two argument numbers: \newcommand{\Add}[2]{\pgfmathadd{#1}{#2}\pgfmathresult} Using my command \Add for calculating values for use inside the TikZ- environment doesn't work (outside the TikZ-environment it works). So where is my fault ? full example : %&latex \documentclass{article} \usepackage{tikz} % TikZ...

Problem with debug command in expect, command echoes back, issue in setting multiline value to a variable
Hi I am facing a problem related to expect debug command. I'm using debug command in a script. If I execute the script directly using expect, it halts at the debug command and works as expected. All tcl commands properly execute at the debug prompt. However, I've an application (a test management execution engine written in TCL) that invokes this script. The script halts at the desired point. I can use all tcl commands at the debug mode. However, if I try to set a variable to a multiline value, the interpreter hangs. Setting a multiline variable works perfectly fine from the simple...

Command Line Commands And Editor Commands
Hello, I used to use vax/vms for many years. I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be using as a programmer at the command line level. Thank you, Christopher Lusardi Chris L wrote: > Hello, > > I used to use vax/vms for many years. > > I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like > links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be > using as a programmer at the command line level. > > Thank you, >...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo
First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> > DELETE Z*.*;* > DELETE Y*.*;* > ... > DELETE A*.*;* > > (followed by the numbers). This scheme may be a bit obsolete. See: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#index_x_890 I quote: [...] 5.2.3.1.2 Extended Character Set In addition, OpenVMS V7.2 on Alpha systems and ODS-5 disks includes support for the use of file names, and subdirectory and root subdirectory names, tha...

Problem with the histeq command
Hi, I have a problem with MATLAB's "histeq" command. I wrote the following code in an m-file with the name "histogram": %----------------------------------------------------------- imw=imread('memo.tif'); % memo.tif is the image in home folder imhisteq=histeq(imw); %----------------------------------------------------------- After running this code I get the following error: ??? Error using ==> iptcheckinput Function HISTEQ expected its first input, I, to be two-dimensional. Error in ==> histeq at 71 iptcheckinput(a,{'uint8'...

A problem about the quiver command
Hi, all. Now, I have a problem about the quiver command. I try to plot the distributing of vx=cosh(0.04.*z) in the area of -10<z<0, by the quiver command. When I plot it in the whole area, it looks well. But when I plot it by some subareas, it seems that something is wrong. How can I avoid it? Thanks for your help. Bowlder The following is the command that I used. >> syms z; >> vx=cosh(0.04.*z); >> xfi=1; %%% plot it in the whole area %%%%%% >> z1=-10:0.5:0; >> [XFI,ZFI]=meshgrid(xfi,z1); >> vy(1:length(z1))=0; >> quiver(XFI,ZFI,subs(vx,z,z1...

Problems with publish command
Hi, I've some difficulties with the publish command. (Matalb R14, Version 7.0.0.19920, Operating System Win XP) When I use the matlab example from the help files, I'll get following error message: >> publish('test_publish.m','html') ??? Error using ==> print Error using ==> print DATENUM failed. Failed to parse date string. Error using ==> datevec Failed to lookup month of year. Error in ==> codetools\private\takepicture at 163 print(f,['-d' imageType],'-r0',imgFileName); Error in ==> codetools\private\evalmxdom at 29 ...

SHELL Command problem
I've got a problem with the SHELL command in VB6 It works fine for executables like this: shell "notepad.exe" But when I try to open other file types like TXT I get the error message: "Runtime error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument" So shell "c:\test.txt" won't work for instance. The target file isn't being used by another app either. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks Dave :) On 29 Aug 2006 23:02:32 -0700, "David L. Jones" <altzone@gmail.com> wrote: >I've got a problem with the SHELL command in VB6 > >It...

textscan command problem
Good day, everyone! I am having some trouble writing a command with textscan to read-in the data I am using for my research. The .dmb file has 9 columns of data that I wish to access, though not every line will be needed (lines starting with character S are to be skipped). I can read in the first 5 fields of the first line of data, but the 6th through 9th fields are not cooperating (the 6th entry in the cell is just a double quote, ". Nothing appears after this field) The following is the first row of data I wish to read-in: G 1387 2228 2001-03-25 14:15:00 44.176 296.334 40...

problem with activex commands
Hi, I was checking out the actxserver command on the help pages where it says e = actxserver ('Excel.Application') e = COM.excel.application When I tried the same thing, I get e = actxserver ('Excel.Application') e = activex object: 1-by-1 Can someone tell me whats going on? On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:45:23 -0400, "Hardik Virani" <viranihardik@yahoo.co.in> wrote: >Hi, > I was checking out the actxserver command on the help pages where >it says > >e = actxserver ('Excel.Application') >e = > COM.excel.application > &g...

Command and Conquer problem
Hello, I had a P4 Prescott, Geforce4Ti 128mb, 1 gig ram system, and was playing CnC with relatively little problem- apart from the game lag when mass multiple units appear. Once I started playing against 2 or more opponents on the larger maps, the game lagged to the point of being unplayable. So I recently upgraded my system to a Intel Core Duo 6600, 2.4 GHz, 2 gig SDRAM2, and a Geforce 7800, 256mb Ram, etc.. Now I can't even play the damn game. It won't even run - and it gives a stupid error message saying that I don't have Directx8 (I have Directx9). I have ...