Problem - Doom3 - Unknown command 'vid_restart'

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all,

When I run  starting doom3 I immediately get the following error mesage:

--------------------------------------
Unknown command 'vid_restart'
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
....shutting down QGL
Couldn't load default.cfg

Can anyone tell me where to go and look for the problem?

I'm running XP Pro SP1 on a AMD Athlon 64 3200 at 2G, 1G Ram, Radeon9800Pro
vid card.

Many thanks!!

BN

The complete log is below:
-----------------

DOOM 1.0.1282 win-x86 Sep 16 2004 16:54:12
2002 MHz AMD CPU with MMX & 3DNow! & SSE & SSE2
1024 MB System Memory
0 MB Video Memory
Winsock Initialized
Hostname: ATHLON64
IP: 10.0.0.150
IP: 213.84.199.162
doom using MMX & SSE & SSE2 for SIMD processing
enabled Flush-To-Zero mode
enabled Denormals-Are-Zero mode
------ Initializing File System ------
Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\game00.pk4 with checksum 0x7dafc4d4
Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak002.pk4 with checksum 0xc51ecdcd
Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak003.pk4 with checksum 0xcd79d028
Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak004.pk4 with checksum 0x765e4f8b
Loaded pk4 C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak005.pk4 with checksum 0x8ffc3621
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\Doom 3/base
C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak005.pk4 (63 files)
C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak004.pk4 (5137 files)
C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak003.pk4 (4676 files)
C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\pak002.pk4 (6120 files)
C:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\game00.pk4 (2 files)
game DLL: 0x0 in pak: 0x0
file system initialized.
--------------------------------------
Unknown command 'vid_restart'
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
....shutting down QGL
Couldn't load default.cfg

0
Reply paddo16_kill_spam (10) 10/17/2004 8:23:53 AM

See related articles to this posting

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:23:53 +0200, "Bob Newheart"
<paddo16_kill_spam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm running XP Pro SP1 on a AMD Athlon 64 3200 at 2G, 1G Ram, Radeon9800Pro
>vid card.

Which drivers are you using for your 9800Pro? If you are using default
Microsoft ones they don't support OpenGL.
Reply Andrew 10/17/2004 8:26:58 AM

Driver was downloaded from ATI, driver date 29-9-2004, version 6.14.10.6483
(updated today).

thanks,

BN

> >I'm running XP Pro SP1 on a AMD Athlon 64 3200 at 2G, 1G Ram,
Radeon9800Pro
> >vid card.
>
> Which drivers are you using for your 9800Pro? If you are using default
> Microsoft ones they don't support OpenGL.

0
Reply paddo16_kill_spam (10) 10/17/2004 6:42:40 PM

Problem fixed. I tried a reinstall of doom3. I updated the ATI drivers after
installing Doom3, perhaps that had something to do with it.

Thanks again,

BN

"Bob Newheart" <paddo16_kill_spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Driver was downloaded from ATI, driver date 29-9-2004, version
6.14.10.6483
> (updated today).
>
> thanks,
>
> BN
>
> > >I'm running XP Pro SP1 on a AMD Athlon 64 3200 at 2G, 1G Ram,
> Radeon9800Pro
> > >vid card.
> >
> > Which drivers are you using for your 9800Pro? If you are using default
> > Microsoft ones they don't support OpenGL.

0
Reply paddo16_kill_spam (10) 10/17/2004 7:39:34 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14082 articles. 0 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Seperating commands by semicolon problem on command line
Hello Everyone, I am behind a Sun Solaris 10 environment. I am desperately trying to execute 2 commands seperated by a semicolon in one line and I get errors: >setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/xxx/yyy/zzz/scripts/tools/SMClibgcc/reloc"; statsvar stats.config 2000 6 ../ymftables/human -sort sequence.fas The shell is executing the shell tool "sort" and brings me errors but the parameter -sort is correct. sort: illegal option -- g sort: illegal option -- g usage: sort [-cmu] [-o output] [-T directory] [-S mem] [-z recsz] [-dfiMnr] [-b] [-t char] [-k keydef] [+pos1 [-pos...

Problem with GPIB commands (while VISA commands is OK)
Hi, &nbsp; I have a problem to read Keithley 2002 DMM buffer using GPIB Read if the buffer has more than 290 stored value.&nbsp; As shown in the VI, there are 2 loops for debugging purpose: &nbsp; 1) Configuration 1a &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1st Loop value = 1; 2nd Loop value = 300 (30*10)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; --&gt; Data reading from buffer is corrupted at the 292th as shown in Read DMM String indicator at the Front Panel of Read DMM Buffer GPIB.vi &nbsp; 2) Configuration 1b &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1st Loop value = 1; 2nd Loop...

Problem with executing commands on MATLAB command window
Hi, When I open MATLAB 7.1 and issue a command "simulink" on MATLAB command window, it opens the Simulink Library. But, when I use Reflection from .NET and try to issue same command it gives error: "Warning: Function c:\\program files\\matlab71\\bin\\win32\\simulink.dll has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict.\n> In slcustomize at 30\n In simulinkrc at 35\nMex file entry point is missing. Please check the (case-sensitive) \nspelling of mexFunction (for C MEX-files), or the (case-insensitive) \nsp...

Problem with ioctl command Problem with ioctl FSCTL_SET_REPARSE_POINT
Hi I'am being developpe a drive virtual disk file system. When I call API definedosdevice on my name device , it's OK, it works for a drive letter I can see virtual files and virtual directory. I'am try with the command IOCTL FSCTL_SET_REPARSE_POINT to make a link empty directory on my virtual disk containing some virtual files installed with DeviceType = FILE_DEVICE_DISK_FILE_SYSTEM and devicecharacteristics = FILE_DEVICE_IS_MOUNTED , it's ok for command IOCTL FSCTL_SET_REPARSE_POINT. Problem : it's don't work when click directory linked to my disk contain...

Problem with creating command which defines command with optional argument
Hello, I need to define a command \makeCommand{} which defines a command with an optional argument, i.e. \makeCommand{myCommand} ^= \newcommand{\myCommand}[2][]{Argument: #2} I know how to define a command without an optional argument: \newcommand{\makeCommand}[1]{% \expandafter\def\csname #1\endcsname##1##2{Argument: ##2}% } i.e. \makeCommand{myCommand} ^= \newcommand{\myCommand}[2]{Argument: #2} Is there any way to define a command \makeCommand{} which defines a command with an optional argument ? Thanks in advance ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Problem defining command for making commands using xkeyval-keys
Hello, I have following problem: I want to define a command using serveral different xkeyval-keys (choice-key, input-key, bool-key), called for example \myCommand. If I define this command as shown in Example 1 it works. I need to define more than 1 command this way, so I tried to define a command \makeCommand which can set up any command like \myCommand in Example 1. In Example 2 I tried to recreate behaviour of Example 1 using \makeCommand to define \myCommand but it does not work. Now my question is why it does not work and how my problem of defining a command \makeCommand can be solved...

problem with executing commands from within the shell using a command string.
Hello, I am facing a problem with execution of commands from within the shell script. The following is the trouble maker. The command when executed from the prompt behaves as follows when the host 'courage' is not available $ ping -c1 -w1 courage >/dev/null 2>&1 || echo courage is down courage is down Now assume that the same text is in a script variable EXEC_STR="ping -c1 -w1 courage >/dev/null 2>&1 || echo courage is down" and i execute it by exec $EXEC_STR or ` echo $EXEC_STR ` I get the following message usage: ping [-adDfLnoPqQrRv] [-c ...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- -...

problem with if command
Hi, I have one script which is given below. But when i try to execute this script i get syntax error like Syntax error at line 22 : `fi' is not expected Script is like LOGFILE=/home/logs/temp/MF0009.log if [ -f $LOGFILE ]; then grep ESC4 $LOGFILE >> /dev/null if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then grep ESC4 $LOGFILE | grep Exception | awk '{print $9,$10}' | sort | uniq > ESC4_Error.txt mailfile=ESC4_Mail.txt -------------------- -------------------- -----------...

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

what is . command and : command?
hello, I am confused with . command and : command usage. can anybody help me to understand it with simple examples? Thanks in advance. regards, rahul On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:15:14 -0400, <rahul8143@gmail.com> wrote: > hello, > I am confused with . command and : command usage. can anybody help me > to understand it with simple examples? > Thanks in advance. > regards, > rahul > > .. means execute the following script in "this" shell as if it were a part of this shell's input or script that is currently running. One use is ...

What is the command/Is there a command...
to run a proc stored in a file other than the MD? If it is a Data Basic (Pick Basic) or Flash basic program at TCL you enter "run [filename][programname]" and the program executes. What if the "program" is a proc? Is there a tcl command that passes the tcl level excution command to another file? I am running a VB program and using the TclCommand object to run a tcl command which is actually a proc. the proc is stored in a file named "procs" Therefore, to run a proc I have to have an item in the MD thus: md,example 001 pq 002 [procs exa...

Difficult problem: renaming existing commands and changing meaning of existing command.
I hope someone will be able to help me with this. I have many latex files in which I used definition macros for typing shortcuts. Some of them are defined with \renewcommand, so that the original meaning of those commands are not available any more. Is there some way I could use the original symbols the commands stood for? ======================================================================= Here's an example--- I use \o for \omega, and have done so for several years without realizing I would be in trouble one day. Originally, I used \def \o{\omega}, and at some point changed to ...

PGF/TikZ-Problem: Problem with using PGF math engine commands inside TikZ
Hello, I have following problem with the PGF-Package (version 1.18 (June 12, 2007)): I defined a new command as shorthand for using PGF's math engine command \pgfmathadd{number}{number}(\pgfmathadd's result = \pgfmathresult) which returns directly the sum of the two argument numbers: \newcommand{\Add}[2]{\pgfmathadd{#1}{#2}\pgfmathresult} Using my command \Add for calculating values for use inside the TikZ- environment doesn't work (outside the TikZ-environment it works). So where is my fault ? full example : %&latex \documentclass{article} \usepackage{tikz} % TikZ...

Problem with debug command in expect, command echoes back, issue in setting multiline value to a variable
Hi I am facing a problem related to expect debug command. I'm using debug command in a script. If I execute the script directly using expect, it halts at the debug command and works as expected. All tcl commands properly execute at the debug prompt. However, I've an application (a test management execution engine written in TCL) that invokes this script. The script halts at the desired point. I can use all tcl commands at the debug mode. However, if I try to set a variable to a multiline value, the interpreter hangs. Setting a multiline variable works perfectly fine from the simple...

Command Line Commands And Editor Commands
Hello, I used to use vax/vms for many years. I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be using as a programmer at the command line level. Thank you, Christopher Lusardi Chris L wrote: > Hello, > > I used to use vax/vms for many years. > > I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like > links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be > using as a programmer at the command line level. > > Thank you, >...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo
First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> > DELETE Z*.*;* > DELETE Y*.*;* > ... > DELETE A*.*;* > > (followed by the numbers). This scheme may be a bit obsolete. See: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#index_x_890 I quote: [...] 5.2.3.1.2 Extended Character Set In addition, OpenVMS V7.2 on Alpha systems and ODS-5 disks includes support for the use of file names, and subdirectory and root subdirectory names, tha...

Problems of congiguration command
Hi all, I would like to ask what the configuration command of each router is such that the Workstation can ping the server successfully. Please check http://hk.geocities.com/yiu628fan/router.htm for details. Thanks a lot for all your help! Regards, Yiu In article <1136261466.550991.49660@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Yiu <heyfan@gmail.com> wrote: > I would like to ask what the configuration command of each router >is such that the Workstation can ping the server successfully. Please >check http://hk.geocities.com/yiu628fan/router.htm for details. Sk...

STRCAT command problem
Hi all, I'm trying to open a folder in which it contains 40 folders by using STRCAT command, and use the 10 images in each 40 folder with the names ranging from s1, s2, s3 ... s40 . So I try a code like below : for i = 1 : 40 str = strcat( 'E\DB\' , 's',i); end it gives me: E\DB\si for 40 times. What should I do to concatenate 's' with these 40 numbers?so I will have : E\DB\s1 E\DB\s2 .. .. .. E\DB\s40 Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Bita On Oct 3, 4:59=A0pm, Bita Mirshafiee <b.mirshafie...@gmail.co...

Command object problem ??
Hi, Folks Please show me what happen ? In my Code, I declare: cm as command the word "command" doesnot capital the first letter like : Command. And i think VBA doesnot know what is cm ?? But in my office, i can see: cm as Command, and everything do as my intent (cm is a Command)--->Why ? Please give me a hand. thanks in advance. Luan from VietNam I may be wrong but; If I type; dim cm as in a sub I get the option of commandbutton from the listbox but not command. So I don't think you can declare something as a command directly. However this works for me; Dim cm ...

Problem with fflush command
I've installed Eclipse with minGW on windowsxp.... I try to run the helloword program #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(void) { printf("!!!Hello World!!!"); /* prints !!!Hello World!!! */ fflush(stdout); return 0; } but when i go in debug mode and use step-into function, after the command fflust(stdout) i have this error on consolle !!!Hello World!!!280*stopped,reason="end-stepping-range",thread- id="1", can you help me? Thanks In article <bc4d6b38-86ca-4063-9647-d27a963dd40c@h28g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, <doc.bull...

Problems with \includegraphics command
Hi, I've having some trouble trying to attach a picture into my latex file. \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article} \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx} \usepackage{amsmath,amsfonts} \includegraphics{figure1.jpg} When it hit the "latex to pdf compilation" button, there is a problem: 1.33 \includegraphics{figure1.jpg} ? How do I solve this problem? If I remove [pdftex] before {graphicx}, I get this error. I have renamed my picture as "myfig" and not "figure1". !pdfTeX /b/c9/cerror:/b/c0/c pdflatex (file myfig.jpg): reading JPEG image failed (no JPEG he ader fou...

SYSTEM command problem
I have a Win2003 server running as a webserver. This box crashed recently and I had to load all my .pl scripts from a backup. Now, I have the site up and running, but one of my scripts isn't functioning the way I need. Basically, the script does its thing by creating a temp file, then uses a simple dos based smtp mailer to send the file out via email (blat). I can run the script from the website and it creates the file fine. But the last line of code runs a SYSTEM command that calls Blat.exe and emails the file, doesn't execute. I can run Blat from the command line, with the same o...

Problems With find command
Hi i executed the following command on an HP-UX 11 server find / -nogroup -local -exec ls -l {} \; >> outputfile this command is intented to find files that have no groups but still it lists files that have bin and sys as groups(bin and sys are valid groups). The same command runs fine on solaris and AIX and returns proper results. Is there some problem with the command or some issue with find command on HP-UX Please reply its urgent <abeymathew10@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154601366.692131.22850@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi > i executed the following co...