Rag Doll Kung Fu #2

I asked a while back for opinions : even went as far as to suggest it
was a bit of Emperors New Clothes from what I'd seen of the video demo -
sounds great but nothing really there. Anyone who actually bought the
full version still playing it? What are the pros of this awful looking game?
0
mitticus (2589)
10/28/2005 2:15:20 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action 14509 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Walter Mitty" <mitticus@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I asked a while back for opinions : even went as far as to suggest it was
> a bit of Emperors New Clothes from what I'd seen of the video demo -
> sounds great but nothing really there. Anyone who actually bought the full
> version still playing it? What are the pros of this awful looking game?

Bought it and had a few hours of laughs.  Definitely strange.  Controls are
awkward (but I guess just need getting used to).  Can imagine the things I
laughed over (video clips etc) might just get annoying after repeated games.
Didn't engage me immediately and there are other games I hadn't finished
(BIA, Painkiller Black) and I went back to playing them.  Q4 arrived today
so I'll have even less time to give RDKF the chance it probably deserves.
It's there to come back to but I'm not feeling any particular pull to do
that at the moment... Emperors New Clothes?  I'd say yes to a certain extent
but I'd want someone who'd invested more time in it to confirm/deny that.

0
shawk (4795)
10/28/2005 3:06:39 PM
Shawk wrote:
> "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I asked a while back for opinions : even went as far as to suggest it was
>>a bit of Emperors New Clothes from what I'd seen of the video demo -
>>sounds great but nothing really there. Anyone who actually bought the full
>>version still playing it? What are the pros of this awful looking game?
>

> Bought it and had a few hours of laughs.  Definitely strange.  Controls are
> awkward (but I guess just need getting used to).  Can imagine the things I
> laughed over (video clips etc) might just get annoying after repeated games.
> Didn't engage me immediately and there are other games I hadn't finished
> (BIA, Painkiller Black) and I went back to playing them.  Q4 arrived today
> so I'll have even less time to give RDKF the chance it probably deserves.
> It's there to come back to but I'm not feeling any particular pull to do
> that at the moment... Emperors New Clothes?  I'd say yes to a certain extent
> but I'd want someone who'd invested more time in it to confirm/deny that.

Do feedback on QIV. There was enough FUD posted by the usual suspects to
put a lot of people off buying this great FPS. I still can't get over
being told, somewhat haughtily, that I was out of the loop and that Q4
is "primarily a multiplayer game" bwahaha.

As for me : it's better than, gulp, HL2. Far more engaging story and
much better interior ambience, sound and "action".
0
mitticus (2589)

Rag Doll Kung Fu
Anyone else playing this? Its kinda cute. I seem to suck at it though :) I dont regret the $15, I think its a reasonable price point for it. I just hope I have enough time to develop a little skill with it, knowing that F.E.A.R is coming out on Monday and will likely monopolize my time for a while. Getting it now :) We will see. On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:29:11 -0400, Wonk <big@loogey.com> wrote: >Anyone else playing this? Its kinda cute. I seem to suck at it >though :) > >I dont regret the $15, I think its a reasonable price point for it. I >just hope I have enough time to develop a little skill with it, >knowing that F.E.A.R is coming out on Monday and will likely >monopolize my time for a while. It's funny. This morning when steam served me the ad for this game the quirky little character picture had me thinking it looks kinda err *cute*. ;) What is the gameplay like? Side scroller? "Wonk" <big@loogey.com> wrote in message news:gj73l11rsj35i9mg21j0djdvioncq6p7h5@4ax.com... > Anyone else playing this? Its kinda cute. I seem to suck at it > though :) > > I dont regret the $15, I think its a reasonable price point for it. I > just hope I have enough time to develop a little skill with it, > knowing that F.E.A.R is coming out on Monday and will likely > monopolize my time for a while. ...

FA: 36 IBM PC Games
*** ONLY 48 HOURS LEFT ON SOME IBM GAMES *** Have 36 IBM PC Compatible Games up for Auction and another 20 or so will be added in the next two days. Have lots of RPG, Adventure, and Classic Games. All Games have NO Reserve, Low Starting Bids, and Clear Pictures. Lots more Game related items will be Auctioned off during the next few Months, so keep us bookmarked for future reference. Thanks for looking and good luck in your bidding. <NOTE: Please remove the "NOJUNKMAIL" from the Reply-To address> To check them ALL out, please click on the URL Link below...

FS:Serious Sam 2 (PC)<Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2K6(PC)<Half Life 2 (PC)
Selling Serious Sam 2 (PC),Half Life 2 (PC) and Cabela�s Big Game Hunter 2006 (PC)�all CDs and all materials in boxes as they came originally. Opened boxes on both,but everything that was in the game boxes is there now,everything in new-condition,CDs are flawless��no scratches on CDs whatsoever. Serious Sam 2 is brand new, in stores not for $20;I�d sell it for $13 delivered (not a bad deal considering it costs a couple of bucks to ship these games). BGH 2006 is also brand new,in stores now for $20,I'd sell it for $11 delivered including safe,secure S/H). HL2 is about a year old and yes,you'll have to deal with the Steam Apps stuff (read online if you dont already know) to install it,but this great game (voted 2004's game of the year by a few publications)I'd sell for $15 delivered�.it was a $50 when it came out a year ago/ I would accept a check or money order (U.S only,please) for either...no cash,please,unless I've dealt with you previously. I've sold dozens of my games online through this NG before (some of you will hopefully remember me),but since EB started taking trade-ins a while ago,I stopped. EB Games doesn't allow trade-in for PC games anymore,so I'll be posting my games for sale again when I'm done with them. Thanks for any interest. Please email me at DOHH@aol.com ...

The PC needs more KARATE and KUNG FU games !!!
Most PC gamers are fat and lazy and they need martial arts games or they will become TOO fat and too lazy and explode ! ...

Rag Doll Kung Fu to be released on Wednesday
http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=1824 -- Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards, please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text. Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question. Andrew wrote: > http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=1824 The screen shots don't exactly inspire me : small chunky graphics resembling something like IDs Commander Keen or a 5 year old gameboy sideways platformer. "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3qvg4kFh55snU2@uni-berlin.de... > Andrew wrote: >> http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=1824 > > The screen shots don't exactly inspire me : small chunky graphics > resembling something like IDs Commander Keen or a 5 year old gameboy > sideways platformer. It does but it also look like a hell of a lot of fun. If you have BB and an interest take a look at http://files.filefront.com/rdkf_gdcavi/;4160526;/fileinfo.html Quoth The Raven: Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> in mhrkk1dnp24aluuqoi1sscuo0d98mue93f@4ax.com > http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=1824 i found out last night you can preload it, but i'm skipping this one -- "Winning isn't everything, but losing isn't anything" - Charlie Brown Take out the _CURSING to reply to me On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:53:43 +1000, "Highlandish" <ck...

Rag Doll Kung Fu Goes Steam
Announcement at: http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/August12.2005/ "In Rag Doll Kung Fu you act as a puppeteer in a martial arts world, but that doesn't really describe what this game is about. With most games we would use this space to describe what its like to play, but in this case we don't think it's possible -- you'll just have to watch the gameplay trailer to understand. In short, it's all about Chi power." Link to trailer: http://storefront.steampowered.com/video/RagDoll_KungFu.wmv That is the weirdest looking game I think I have ever seen! -- ...

ARMA 2: will there be a better action game on PC this year?
Due for release this week in Europe... On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:55:58 +0100, "Musicrab" <musicrab@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: >Due for release this week in Europe... > I think it'd due out here in late June... I'm looking forward to it, just based on what I've read about the terrain and open-ness of the world. In the past I haven't been real taken with squad based tactical shooters. It sounds silly, but it feels like work to me. Its the same thing that doesn't appeal to me about RTS games. I like the tactical play, but I don't like dealing with the...

Rag Doll Kung Fu: A good example of how to use STEAM
Rag Doll Kung Fu a game made by a independent developer that used STEAM to show his work to the world and then after a very positive reaction decided to release it in Retail in a proper way and edition, and this detail is very important like you will see next... Rag Doll Kung Fu Retail version I just bought gives you FREEDOM and lets you CHOOSE, gives FREEDOM to the customer and lets the customer CHOOSE! In the Retail disk of Rag Doll Kung Fu you have the option to either install what they call the "normal" version of Rag Doll Kung Fu which has NO STEAM, or the STEAM enabled version...

FA Pc game nib $5. homeland2 award winner + also pc game XIII nib #2
Goto http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=macstl Its fixed price listing for a dime only so you won't see me doing these kinds of prices very often at all if ever.... 6959715837 May-07-05 May-14-05 11:15:52 $9.99 The Works of Voltaire hb old No Bids Yet 6959716665 May-07-05 May-14-05 11:22:15 $9.99 THE STORY OF MANKIND by H. Van Loon 1923freegift No Bids Yet 6959718551 May-07-05 May-14-05 11:36:22 $9.99 Tess of the D'Urbervilles, A Pure Woman No Bids Yet 8304572154 May-07-05 May-14-05 12:10:12 $9.99 Leather Jacket VG authentic No Bids Yet 577...

Steam Rag Doll Kung Fu. ITS JUST FREAKY :p
Atleast they have a sense of humor. But i just waggle the mouse arround and my dood gos insane flying everywhere :) Dont realy care if hes fighting anyone :) Kate Fisher wrote: > Atleast they have a sense of humor. But i just waggle the mouse > arround and my dood gos insane flying everywhere :) > > Dont realy care if hes fighting anyone :) > > And you paid for that? Can anyone report back that there IS actually a game there? Looks and sounds like an off the wall mod to me with little "game factor" in there. Fun? Maybe. Game? Do tell ... > And you paid for that? > > Can anyone report back that there IS actually a game there? Looks and > sounds like an off the wall mod to me with little "game factor" in >ther e. Fun? Maybe. Game? Do tell ... I paid $15 for it mostly because of its uniqueness and innovative control scheme. Probably only worth $5, but its not a FPS nor a RTS and thats hard to find that on the marketplace these days. There is a single player story mode that can be completed in about 30 mins. It isn't much more than a tutorial. I play around with the minigames that you unlock and spend most of my time on the online multiplayer dojos that can be alot of fun. There's some players out there that can do some amazing stuff. The control scheme is basically clicking on a limb and moving it. Left clicks move a limb and right click initiates attacks. You can use the left click to pick up he...

Is "Rag Doll Kung Fu" Retail STEAM infected?
Is "Rag Doll Kung Fu" Retail STEAM infected? On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:43:41 +0000, pc games <pcgamer23708@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is "Rag Doll Kung Fu" Retail STEAM infected? Read the box. Yes, iirc... John Lewis John Lewis wrote: > On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:43:41 +0000, pc games <pcgamer23708@yahoo.com> > wrote: > >> Is "Rag Doll Kung Fu" Retail STEAM infected? > > Read the box. Yes, iirc... > > John Lewis It's not a particularly good game either, so don't worry about it. Not to say it's totally crap, heck the FMV can be rather amusing, but after finishing the single-player you won't find any real reason to come back to it. The multiplayer is redundant because there's never any servers running. FoolsGold <fg@gmail.com> writes: > John Lewis wrote: >> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:43:41 +0000, pc games <pcgamer23708@yahoo.com> >> wrote: >> >>> Is "Rag Doll Kung Fu" Retail STEAM infected? >> >> Read the box. Yes, iirc... >> >> John Lewis > > It's not a particularly good game either, so don't worry about it. > > Not to say it's totally crap, heck the FMV can be rather amusing, but > after finishing the single-player you won't find any real reason to > come back to it. The multiplayer is redundant because there's never > any servers running. http://www.gamehourz.com/Rag-Doll-...

Rag Doll Kung Fu Available Via Steam October 12th
I believe Andrew started a thread about this game a while back. It definitely looked different. Only $12.95 via Steam. Not a bad deal. (Anti-Steamers cram it. I don't need this thread to devolve into more piss and moaning about Steam.) ------------------------------------------------- Rag Doll Kung Fu, a wildly entertaining new game from designer Mark Healey, will be made available to gamers everywhere on October 12, 2005 via Steam. Featuring a wide collection of single and multiplayer games, either online or with multiple mice, Rag Doll Kung Fu provides players with one of the most creative and unique game experiences delivered in years. Additionally, between game rounds, the challenges of an aspiring Kung Fu master are revealed via outlandish cut scenes inspired by classic Kung Fu cinema. The game is the brainchild of artist and designer Mark Healey (who moonlights as a lead artist at Lionhead Entertainment). During last year's Game Developer Conference, Healey presented Rag Doll to industry colleagues. Immediately after this presentation, several Valve employees invited Healey to visit Valve and discuss Steam distribution of Rag Doll Kung Fu. "Rag Doll was originally just an idea for me and some friends to have some fun making an old style Kung Fu movie," said Healey. "It's amazing to think that a tongue in cheek film project has now evolved into a full game being distributed via Steam. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as my friends and I en...

PC Gaming Almost Dead -AGAIN- So................ PC Industry Consortium to announce 'PC Gaming Alliance' to save PC gaming
Takahashi: Gaming Alliance stumps for PC By Dean Takahashi Mercury News 02/12/2008 The personal computer game industry has trailed behind its console brethren in recent years as easy-to-play games on the Nintendo Wii or online games on the Xbox 360 have stolen the excitement. Companies with a vested interest in keeping the PC alive as a gaming platform will soon announce a consortium dubbed the PC Gaming Alliance. According to two people familiar with the effort, it will include top industry players such as Intel, Microsoft, Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices as well as a number of computer ...

FA: Less than 24 HRS Left on IBM WIN/PC Games & Lots: Aces Over Europe, Lighthouse, Myst 1 & 2, Corsairs, Lots More
*** LESS THAN 24 HOURS REMAINING ON 11 IBM PC WINDOWS GAMES *** We have Lots of IBM PC Windows/DOS to suit everyones taste. To check them ALL out, please click on the URL Link below: http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=downeasttreasures All Auctions have NO Reserve, Low Starting Bids, and Clear Pictures (there are anywhere from 1-12 Pictures per Auction). It just doesn't get any better than this. Take a look and check them out before it's too late. Enjoy the Auctions and bid now before you forget to do it. I will be placing more IBM Game...

FA:Lots of IBM WIN/PC Games (24-Hrs left on some): King's Quest, Infocom, Tomb Raider 1-4, Myst 1-2, Archon Ultra, etc
** ONLY 24 HOURS LEFT ON SOME OF THESE GAMES - SEE DETAILS BELOW ** We have Lots of IBM PC Windows/DOS Games from Old to New on Ebay. To check them ALL out, please click on the URL Link below: http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=downeasttreasures All Auctions have NO Reserve, Low Starting Bids, and Clear Pictures (there are anywhere from 1-12 Pictures per Auction). It just doesn't get any better than this. Take a look and check them out before it's too late. Enjoy the Auctions and bid now before you forget to do it. There are currently...

IBM PS/2 : ftp.pc.ibm.com is closing down (or is it?)
Hi all, Browsing along I stumbled on this ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/special Watch for the warning Then look at the filedate Let's see what happens tomorrow . . . . -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/special/cdtfiles/ Looks to be stuff on 65xx series here. JWR wrote: > Hi all, > > Browsing along I stumbled on this > > ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/special > > Watch for the warning > > Then look at the filedate > > Let's see what happens tomorrow . . . . > ...

FA: Alone In The Dark 1, 2 and 3; Silent Hill 2 PC Games
Offered as a single auction: 4 Horror Strategy PC games! eBay Item: 8100914129 Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8100914129 No Reserve! ...

FS: 2 Tom Clancy GAMES on your PC Rogue Spear + Delta force 2
We give you MORE than others with FAST efficient despatch and FREE postal insurance. With OUR Full Money back guarantee for faulty software including the cost of returning the item. Visit our store to see our feedback, we have thousands of satisfied customers. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AUCTI0NST0P Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?query=slot&srchdesc=y&sid=20887405&store=AUCTI0NST0P&colorid=10&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1&submit=Search Find this and more at our fully searchable EBAY shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AUCTI0NST0P For Children's Games, Educational, Language & Recreational Software ...

FA: Alone In The Dark 1, 2 and 3; Silent Hill 2 PC Games
Offered as a single auction: 4 Horror Strategy PC games! eBay Item: 8100914129 Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8100914129 No Reserve! ...

Tryg to sell games on Ebay. Can u REGISTER the same PC game onto 2 different COMPUTERS? +
I am not even sure if I even DID REGISTER, if I had to, then, of course, I did. First, pardon me if you have seen this question a dozen times over. I did a search and did not find my answer. I read that it was doable but illegal, illegal because companies what their profits. But I don't understand; am I enslaved to *everything* I own because companies want to make a profit? If I sell a lamp in a garage sale for a dime that I know a company still sells actively, am I doing something illegal. What makes that different from selling a PC game online that was already registered? IS IT DOA...

pc games complains about the state of PC gaming, however...
It seems to me the consoles are the ones really in trouble. The XBox is no competiton, because it can barely keep up with current gen titles and next gen DX10 titles will put the final nails in the coffin, not to mention all the good XBox 360 titles are available with better graphics on the PC and with better control. The Wii has a market with kids/grannys and such (and deserves it, I suppose with the gimmicky controller that most folks already seem to be losing interest in, so they will need some stellar titles to maintain momentum).. The PS3 has failed, plain and simple. Defeat conceded here: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/biztech/06/19/japan.sony.ap/index.html "Reap The Wild Wind" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:c82h735vd5kpmdenh7npirht49cfhjj3lu@4ax.com... > It seems to me the consoles are the ones really in trouble. > > The XBox is no competiton, because it can barely keep up with current > gen titles and next gen DX10 titles will put the final nails in the > coffin, not to mention all the good XBox 360 titles are available with > better graphics on the PC and with better control. You're leaving out just about every single sports game. The only action sports games for the PC are Madden, NBA and NHL (well, soccer, too, but I don't count that). PC doesn't even have a baseball game anymore, except for text sims. Plus, the XBox 360 still has titles like Gears of War, Dead Rising and the coming Halo 3 that w...

Action and Adventure Games.(play action games online)
play action games online http://www.syubrawi.com/play-action-games-online Computer gaming has gained wide popularity among the masses. From puzzle stories to races there are a number of computer and video games which can be played in a variety of plat forms, such as PS3, PS2, Xbox, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS. Action and adventure games belongs to that genre of games which involve exotic games like wrestling, fighting, space travels, star wars, fictional adventures and situational games. Often this type of games come with a story line and is rich in graphics and animation. It is seen that...

Action and Adventure Games.(play action games online)
play action games online http://www.syubrawi.com/play-action-games-online Computer gaming has gained wide popularity among the masses. From puzzle stories to races there are a number of computer and video games which can be played in a variety of plat forms, such as PS3, PS2, Xbox, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS. Action and adventure games belongs to that genre of games which involve exotic games like wrestling, fighting, space travels, star wars, fictional adventures and situational games. Often this type of games come with a story line and is rich in graphics and animation. It is seen that...

Disk images (IMD-format) for the IBM PC RT 6150 VRM & AIX 2.2.1
http://electrickery.xs4all.nl/comp/ibm6150/diskimages/ ...

Web resources about - Rag Doll Kung Fu #2 - comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

Doll Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Doll Revolution is the fourth album by The Bangles , it was their first original material since 1988's Everything . It was released in 2003 on ...

What I Learned About Diverse Toys From Buying All the Star Wars Rey Dolls
... is two hours away. Each time we find ourselves in its hallowed walls (because angels will sing when you’ve driven two hours for the dollar bin, ...

Meet Hijarbie, the doll that's heating up Instagram
Recent pharmacology school graduate and director of a lifestyle brand, Haneefah Adam, designs clothes and headscarves for dolls as a passion ...

American Girl debuts doll from civil rights era
To mark its 30th anniversary, the company is addressing an important chapter of black history with the release of Melody Ellison

Bob Doll: How I'm playing the aging bull market
The bull market is in the later innings, and active managers must step up to the plate, Nuveen's Bob Doll says.

Making a sex doll
... a nondescript building in a Southern California business park, a small team assembles some of the most expensive and sought-after sex dolls ...

How a Barbie doll prepares your child for the future
The most memorable scene in the 1986 movie, Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home involved a time-traveling Scotty trying to use a computer from the 1980s. ...

Ted Cruz Ad Uses Children To Attack Trump Doll Chanting 'Eminent Domain'
... icky, and this ad gets a bit weird when a kid name-drops "Anthony Weiner." The kids' play gets chaotic when the toy Trump sees a large doll ...

Vincent Van Gogh Plush Doll With Removable Left Ear
This is the plush Vincent Van Gogh doll available from The Unemployed Philosphers Guild ($19). He stands 11-inches tall and includes a Velco-backed ...

Back to the future, Barbie! Iconic doll will now take flight on a hoverboard
... taking flight on a futuristic hoverboard that makes her days aboard this thing look way out of style. Mattel showed off the high-flying doll ...