90's Game -- Spielberg's "Director's Chair"

This seems like a long shot (get it...long shot?) but is anybody
reading this group familiar with a game called Steven Spielberg's
Director's Chair from the mid-nineties? Actually, it's more of a movie-
studio familiarizer than a game, per se, but it does have its strong
points in terms of recreating a certain, Hollywood-y atmosphere.

I'm curious because, when I run this program on a Windows 2000 box, I
keep hitting an "Internal Error" during my first dip in The Lab. I can
hear the first line of dialogue repeat about three times, then it
shuts me down. Because my edited filmstrip remains in memory, I can
bring it back to the lab, again and again, with the same result.

Just wondeting if this is a common error, or a bug in my own stuff.

Also, another idea: Can completed movies from this game be imported to
You Tube?

What needs to be done with a saved film to get it up on youtube, and
is there a chance somebody may clamp down on it when it's showing
there?

Thanks for the help...
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc 321 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

It's on-it's off-it's on, it's off -WHY?
IS THIS THE CORRECT FORUM? Hope so. We have three computer networked at home...all with Windows XP. one of those is a laptop. Some mornings all 3 can see each other and transfer files...then mysteriously one or more will disappear. No contact....then later it's back. The laptop is the worst. Most often it won't let us in...but sometimes it will. No obvious reason. The most INFURIATING part is the message "see your administrator". Dammit Bill Gates...don't you realize that most networks are small offices without a Majestic Royal Administrator sitting his i...

'Here's the thing about Apple's "recent"�success.'
'It isn't recent. The only thing that has changed are some numbers. Some big numbers: largest company in the world, second most profitable company in the world, most profitable retail stores in the world, best-selling smart phone, second best-selling smart phone, best-selling tablet computer, etc. Other numbers have not changed: customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, consumer ratings, etc.' <http://granthuhn.wordpress.com/2011/09/23/heres-the-thing-about-apples-r ecent-success/> -- "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I c...

Needed "data processing magazine" also any of same topic are from 50's 60's 70's such as "Datamation", ACM conference proceedings, Early AFIPS, and others.
Needed "data processing magazine" also any of same topic are from 50's 60's 70's such as "Datamation", ACM conference proceedings, Early AFIPS, and others. Also have a requirement for any of the IRE - IEEE publications on early computing. Please advise All eras are fine prefer bound but... loose OK too. address is below. Thanks Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC - - See the Museum's Web Site at www.smecc.org Southwest Museum of Engineering, Communications and Computation Coury House / SMECC Library 5802 W. Palmaire Ave. ...

There's "Unix", and then there's "UNIX(r)"
From TOW[1]: The Open Group, an industry standards consortium, now owns the UNIX trademark and allows its use for certified operating systems compliant with its standard, the Single UNIX Specification. Other operating systems that emulate Unix to some extent may be called Unix-like, although the Open Group disapproves of this term.[4] The term Unix is also often used informally to denote any operating system that closely resembles the trademarked system. The most common version of Unix (bearing certification) is Apple's OS X, while Linux is the most popular non...

Why doesn't Python's "robotparser" like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file?
For some reason, Python's parser for "robots.txt" files doesn't like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file: >>> import robotparser >>> url = 'http://wikipedia.org/robots.txt' >>> chk = robotparser.RobotFileParser() >>> chk.set_url(url) >>> chk.read() >>> testurl = 'http://wikipedia.org' >>> chk.can_fetch('Mozilla', testurl) False >>> The Wikipedia robots.txt file passes robots.txt validation, and it doesn't disallow unknown browsers. But the Python pars...

What's with the "OK's?"
Picked up ToEE from EB for 10$. Installed it, hated the 3d/2d engine, loathed the pathfinding with more than 5 members, was quite sceptical of the interface, but had some fun with the combat engine which is fairly addicting, but was shocked that yet again a fantasy RPG has characters that say "OK." I understand that the characters in these games must speak english and that it has to be reasonably vernacular to appeal to everyone the publishers/developers want to buy the game, but OK is a colloquialism in the Fantasy RPG context I cannot abide. My frustrating few minutes with Never...

Finder's "copy" and shell's "cp" hang
Weird problem... I have a drive -- which I suspect has physical problems and is therefore the root of the problem -- contain quite a number of my photography. Perhaps a half-year's worth of work. While trying to consolidate and organize all of my photos, I ran into a problem whereby Finder hangs when trying to move certain files. The rotten part is that I can't stop the copy (by hitting the x in the copy progress window). I can't even kill off the process (via term's "killall Finder" or "kill -9 [pid]." Finder just hangs. The only solution that I'...

Are today's Adventure Games any different from the 90's Adventure Games?
Hi Everyone, It's been a long time since I posted on this newsgroup. Are today's Adventu= re Games any different from the Adventure Games in the Nineties? I have loo= ked at reviews on Adventure Gamers about new Adventure Games. It appears to= me that Adventure Games are no different today than they were 20 years ago= .. It's look like L.A Noire is well worth to buy. With L.A Noire, is the puz= zle design different from the old Sierra and LucasArts?=20 Robert Here, Robert Perrett <rtperrett@gmail.com> wrote: > It's been a long time since I posted on t...

Error? s = assignin('base','s',tf('s'));
Hi, I need a little help here. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong with this command? s = assignin('base','s',tf('s')); The matlab syntax is -- assignin(ws, 'var', val) Basically I just want to add s=tf('s') into the base workspace. Jack "Jack" <Jack@Jill.com> wrote in message news:ef3e449.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > I need a little help here. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong > with this command? > > s = assignin('base','s',tf('s')); > > The matlab syntax is -- as...

But it's "open" so it's good...
....right? "Motorola's dangled an Android 2.1 upgrade in front of CLIQ XT users for what seems like forever -- now it's putting away the bait indefinitely. In a statement released this morning, the company said that despite months of rigorous testing, the phone will remain on Android 1.5. We first heard promises of an update in June last year, but Motorola quickly reneged. In November, its predecessor got an upgrade, but the CLIQ XT was left hanging. Then in December, the company announced a delay, citing "additional testing," and when those tests failed...

It's primitive; it's dumb; it's brittle--but it's AI.
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/aisource.html is a pathway to the http://code.google.com/p/mindforth AI project at Google Code. The AI is primitive because it has only enough features to demon- strate thinking. It is "dumb" inasmuch as it has barely any IQ. It is extremely brittle because the slightest change in the code can destroy the artificial mind crafted so painstakingly in Forth: Arthur -- http://agi-roadmap.org/Milestones -- ten years of progress. ...

I miss the 80's/early 90's PC/C64 games
Hero's Quest, Police Quest, Pools of Radiance, Zork, Eye of the Beholder, Legend of Kyrandia, Out of this world aka Another World, Wasteland, Fallout, Doom, Duke Nukem, Monkey Island series, Day of the Tentacle, Fandango, Montazuma's Revenge (C64) and so many more. From Atari, to the Commodore 64, to the PC, the 80's and early 90's were great for being a gamer. For the time, these games were great. Lots of great stories, lots of humor, decent action, great graphcis (again, for the time) , great immersion... just tons of FUN. What the heck happened!? Since then.. and for the...

Cruft collecting in my "Open With" menu's, make's 'em slow
I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.3 on a G4 w/dual 867Mhz processors and 1gbyte (ie. billion bytes) of main ram... When I control-click on an icon, it gives a pop-up menu that includes an "Open With" sub-menu list. Unfortunately, this choices in the "Open With" sub-menu are populated when I just slide my mouse over the "Open With" option. I would prefer it if the choices weren't displayed until I choose that option by stopping on it, or sliding off to the right. Because I have lots of applications and lots of upgrades to applications, the "Open Wit...

How do you make these "Pink Blip's" disappear? (Miglia Director's Cut)
Hello group!, I have this Miglia Director's Cut box which I use with my iMovie 4 program on my iMac G5 (Mac OS X). Importing video from my videotapes to my computer is fine. It is when I transfer them to transfering them for my computer to my DVD recorder where there's a problem. Everytime I try to transfer something to my TV this "Pink blip" would show up on the screen for half a second ever so ofetn and go away. The rest of the video remains unharmed but it screws me up becuase I have to stop the DVD recorder oh so often and that wastes space and my time. Is ...

key-restricted nsupdate of internal view's zone's host REFUSED with 'signer "<key>" denied' ?
I run named -v BIND 9.10.2 in split-horizon mode with two views view "internal" { view "external" { For a single zone MYDOMAIN.com I'm targeting two hostnames in the zone test.MYDOMAIN.com external.test.MYDOMAIN.com for dynamic updates. At any given time, the A records should return view=internal: dig A test.MYDOMAIN.com +short A.B.C.D dig A external.test.MYDOMAIN.com +short 10.1.1.14 view=external: dig A test.MYDOMAIN.com +short A.B.C.D dig A external.test.MYDOMAIN.com +short A...

Web resources about - 90's Game -- Spielberg's "Director's Chair" - comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.misc