Temple of Elemental Evil; Can't loot bodies

I love this game but I seem to have a bug. My characters wont loot
dead bodies. I left click on a body, (It glows blue) and nothing
happens. I have to sleep for a day, then the body vanishes and I can
pick up the loot one piece at a time. Even this is a pain, I click on
a single item and only one in 3 clicks actually picks it up. When it
fails to pick the item up I have to move the cursor a pixel to make it
"Find" the item again.

PC - Budget original UK version (Atari)

Tried installing the USE - ANY patch 2 - No joy.

Zan
0
zanziba
10/2/2004 4:02:00 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg 10728 articles. 0 followers. jonahnynla (1774) is leader. Post Follow

On 2 Oct 2004 09:02:00 -0700, zanziba@flaming.force9.co.uk (Zanziba)
wrote:

>I love this game but I seem to have a bug. My characters wont loot
>dead bodies. I left click on a body, (It glows blue) and nothing
>happens. I have to sleep for a day, then the body vanishes and I can
>pick up the loot one piece at a time. Even this is a pain, I click on
>a single item and only one in 3 clicks actually picks it up. When it
>fails to pick the item up I have to move the cursor a pixel to make it
>"Find" the item again.
>
>PC - Budget original UK version (Atari)
>
>Tried installing the USE - ANY patch 2 - No joy.
>
>Zan

Zan,

I never did sit down and read through the manual, but check it out. If
you hit the TAB key, it will identify objects on the screen that can
either be picked up or interacted with.

The second thing is, from what I have seen, only players that you
create can loot corpses. The in game NPC's that you recruit, like Elmo
for example, cannot physically grab loot. If you try and loot a corpse
with one of the NPC's, they will just stand there and do nothing.
NPC's receive their share of the loot automatically.

So, when looting a corpse, grab one of your own characters, hit the
TAB key, and click on the little titles that come up over the corpses
and items. It will go alot smoother. It's not a total fix, but it's
alot better.

Also remember that the in game NPC's take their share of the loot
first, before one of your characters can get to it. So the first time
you use one of your characters to loot a corpse, they will stand there
while the game figures out what the NPC's are going to take. You will
see the little text float up informing you of this. You will have to
click on the corpse a second time to get your character to loot it.
BUT, if the NPC's took all of the loot from the corpse, then there is
nothing more to loot, so your just standing there clicking with
growing hostility and angst. The loot is all gone. Your NPC's took it.

Finally, realize that one of this games biggest flaws is what we are
talking about right here, with the looting and so fourth (stores are a
pain too). The sad part is, the concept itself is kind of cool, it's
the execution that spoiled everything. Anyway I hope this helps you
out. I had similar problems myself. For awhile I wasn't even sure if
the game even allowed you to loot corpses.

Ooze

"There isn't going to be a new world order,
 but the lines ARE going to get a little longer."
0
GreyOoze
10/2/2004 5:39:03 PM
"Zanziba" <zanziba@flaming.force9.co.uk> wrote in message
>I love this game but I seem to have a bug. My characters wont loot
> dead bodies. I left click on a body, (It glows blue) and nothing
> happens. I have to sleep for a day, then the body vanishes and I can
> pick up the loot one piece at a time. Even this is a pain, I click on
> a single item and only one in 3 clicks actually picks it up. When it
> fails to pick the item up I have to move the cursor a pixel to make it
> "Find" the item again.
>
> PC - Budget original UK version (Atari)
>
> Tried installing the USE - ANY patch 2 - No joy.

I have the same bug with the version I bought game from trygames.com
recently.
Strangely enough, in the training-mission it works fine. I originally got it
from trygames right after it came out, and had no problems then so I know
it's buggy now.

0
PKH
10/3/2004 7:35:03 AM
wrote:

>I love this game but I seem to have a bug. My characters wont loot
>dead bodies. I left click on a body, (It glows blue) and nothing

You're using Directx 9.0c, included in windows xp SP2.

While waiting for a patch  (maybe when Vampire bloodlines will be
released), you can loot in combat mode (press c)

Guillaume
0
Guillaume
10/3/2004 7:40:14 AM
Guillaume JAY <gjay_diespammer-die@free.fr> wrote in message news:<92bvl0hi67be9gd410ul9mdatpvfh1ksqq@4ax.com>...
> On 2 Oct 2004 09:02:00 -0700, zanziba@flaming.force9.co.uk (Zanziba)
> wrote:
>
> >I love this game but I seem to have a bug. My characters wont loot
> >dead bodies. I left click on a body, (It glows blue) and nothing
>
> You're using Directx 9.0c, included in windows xp SP2.
>
> While waiting for a patch  (maybe when Vampire bloodlines will be
> released), you can loot in combat mode (press c)
>
> Guillaume

That makes sense, last night I spent ages trying to sort it and
discovered I could loot bodies as long asthe battle wasn't over. So I
was leaving the weakest enemy to last then iognoring him as I looted
the bodies of the dea, killing him last. Pressing "C" goes back into
combat mose after the battle? Cheers, I'll try that one tonight, I
never read the manuals in PDF format, only when they are books.

Out of interest I have found the correct patch 1.0 ENU but this
doesn't remove the glitch. Did someone mention a sequel was coming
out?

I use to play D&D, and a little AD&D as a child but I see the spells
in this only go up to level 5... Wonder if they'll extend that in any
sequel?

Zan
0
zanziba
10/4/2004 9:15:53 AM
> I use to play D&D, and a little AD&D as a child but I see the spells
> in this only go up to level 5... Wonder if they'll extend that in any
> sequel?

This level limitation is by ToEE.
D&D 3e has the "normal" rules up to level 20, then its the "epic" rules...
which covers up to level 40. Characters development changes after level 20,
and can gain epic feats and spells.

0
KC
10/4/2004 10:07:35 AM
"KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<2scln9F1ijg8eU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> > I use to play D&D, and a little AD&D as a child but I see the spells
> > in this only go up to level 5... Wonder if they'll extend that in any
> > sequel?
>
> This level limitation is by ToEE.
> D&D 3e has the "normal" rules up to level 20, then its the "epic" rules...
> which covers up to level 40. Characters development changes after level 20,
> and can gain epic feats and spells.

I used the press "c" system last night and it works a treat.
Excellent. Do you know if a sequel is coming out for this game, or an
expansion of any kind?

Zan
0
zanziba
10/5/2004 7:18:37 AM
> > > I use to play D&D, and a little AD&D as a child but I see the spells
> > > in this only go up to level 5... Wonder if they'll extend that in any
> > > sequel?
> >
> Excellent. Do you know if a sequel is coming out for this game, or an
> expansion of any kind?

I think not... Troika's really messed up in ToEE.

Too many bugs, and even after the latest official patch. You can't really
play and expect to enjoy without the Co8 patches.

Also the original ToEE module is very hack-n-slash'ish... while not a
mistake of Troika (they might not be able to change the module without legal
problems), many fans expected more from Troika... and unavoidably ToEE is
compared to the Fallout series and Arcanum... which makes ToEE looks quite
bad.

I played and enjoyed Arcanum very much (feel that it does not measure up to
the Fallout series, but decided to give them a break since its their very
first game)... and therefore bought ToEE without much thought, after reading
a few posts about it (I thought: It can't be that bad, can it? It's from
Troika!). You can imagine I was surprised by the low quality of ToEE. I
think they hired the wrong people in their dev team...

Sequel? I'd welcome a Return to Temple of Elemental Evil, but Troika has to
make it better than Arcanum. Oh, and don't mess up the coming VtM too... or
I'll never buy another Troika games until they're in the bargain bin.

0
KC
10/5/2004 7:41:52 AM
KC Wong wrote:
> Also the original ToEE module is very hack-n-slash'ish... while not a
> mistake of Troika (they might not be able to change the module without legal
> problems), many fans expected more from Troika...
> Sequel? I'd welcome a Return to Temple of Elemental Evil, ...

Then you'd HATE Return.  It's mostly a HUGE dungeon crawl through
endless dwarven tunnels.
--

-Bill
0
"KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> writes:

> Also the original ToEE module is very hack-n-slash'ish... while not a
> mistake of Troika (they might not be able to change the module without legal
> problems), many fans expected more from Troika...

And the advance marketting made it seem like there was indeed going
to be a lot more to the game.  But most of the Troika-ness ended early
on once you left Hommlet.

--
Darin Johnson
    Laziness is the father of invention
Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote in message news:<cu1oejguaam.fsf@nokia.com>...
> "KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> writes:
>
> > Also the original ToEE module is very hack-n-slash'ish... while not a
> > mistake of Troika (they might not be able to change the module without legal
> > problems), many fans expected more from Troika...
>
> And the advance marketting made it seem like there was indeed going
> to be a lot more to the game.  But most of the Troika-ness ended early
> on once you left Hommlet.

There are bugs but I still enjoy the game. the most annoying thing is
that the only place I can find to sleep safely to recover spells /
health is the tower at the Moat House. I am now on the 3rd level down
in the ToEE and I get attacked whenever I rest and hence end up sying
eventually. I was crawling all the way out and back to the moat house
to rest but that was getting annoying.

Now I have gone down the Red spiral stairs to the bottom I cac't seem
to get back up. I am trapped on the lower levels and I have run out of
heal spells etc. Also, how the hell do you kill that damn Jugernaut.
My characters are level 6 (Fighter, Barbarian, CLeric, Mage) and they
can't touch it.

Cheers
0
zanziba
10/7/2004 7:17:46 AM
> There are bugs but I still enjoy the game. the most annoying thing is

Aye, ToEE is the best 3E combat simulator around.

> that the only place I can find to sleep safely to recover spells /
> health is the tower at the Moat House. I am now on the 3rd level down
> in the ToEE and I get attacked whenever I rest and hence end up sying

Shouldn't be like that... I slept a lot down there. I usually just go inside
a room (when all nearby rooms and passages are already cleared), shut all
the doors and I'm all set for an uninterrupted hit point and spell recovery.

> eventually. I was crawling all the way out and back to the moat house
> to rest but that was getting annoying.

The latest official patch added something (is it a key stroke or something?)
that allows *somewhat* faster movement... it takes you to the last area
transition point you've used. It won't take you out of the temple for all
cases, but you'll at least have 1 level less to crawl through.

> Now I have gone down the Red spiral stairs to the bottom I cac't seem
> to get back up. I am trapped on the lower levels and I have run out of
> heal spells etc. Also, how the hell do you kill that damn Jugernaut.
> My characters are level 6 (Fighter, Barbarian, CLeric, Mage) and they
> can't touch it.

I have never been trapped the several times I've played... are you sure you
haven't missed a door/passage/exit?

My party is usually around level 8 when they meet that ugly thing... it's
still quite tough, but absolutely doable. Just distract it with your
meat-shield backed by a healer, and dispatch the critters/priests nearby
first.

0
KC
10/7/2004 8:28:05 AM
"> I have never been trapped the several times I've played... are you
sure you
> haven't missed a door/passage/exit?

I can't see a ladder / stairs anywhere to get back up.

If you could describe the route from the juggernaut room please...

I came down into the big room with a circle in the middle but can see
no route to get back up. (From juggernaut... North through door, north
to crossroads, left through door)

Thanx

Zan
0
zanziba
10/9/2004 9:38:28 PM
The combat engine for TOEE (minus the bugs) was the best I've ever
played. Absolutely fantastic.

TOEE was a game that could have been a classic if it had
been released when it was ready.

0
emolsen
10/11/2004 10:44:10 PM
Bitstring <R-GdnbLdr45okfbcRVn-uQ@comcast.com>, from the wonderful
person emolsen <emolsen@comcast.net> said
>The combat engine for TOEE (minus the bugs) was the best I've ever
>played. Absolutely fantastic.
>
>TOEE was a game that could have been a classic if it had
>been released when it was ready.

Meaning 'sometime next year' I guess. 8>.

--
GSV   Three Minds in a Can
GSV
In article <R-GdnbLdr45okfbcRVn-uQ@comcast.com>, emolsen wrote:
> The combat engine for TOEE (minus the bugs) was the best I've
> ever played. Absolutely fantastic.

They truly needed the combat grid. Positioning my characters was
much more difficult than it needed to be.

> TOEE was a game that could have been a classic if it had been
> released when it was ready.

It never had a chance to be a classic.  It was too old school,
and all the slots in the old school classics shelf are full. ;)

--
Neil Cerutti
The world is more like it is now than it ever has been before.
> It never had a chance to be a classic.  It was too old school,
> and all the slots in the old school classics shelf are full. ;)

If I loved the game, except for the multitude of bugs, what games
would you recommend as being a similar genre?

Zan
0
zanziba

Any body seen SAS give such an error message???
WHERE 1 /* an obviously TRUE where clause */ ; > From: Sajeel > WHERE 1 /* an obviously TRUE where clause */ ; that is not an error, in fact I see it all the time because my macros have a default of ,where = 1 http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0210B&L=sas-l&P=R8473 this trick is something I did when I upgraded from v8.2 to v9.0 since my former method of testing ,where = . %If &Where. ne . %then (where=(&Where.)); didn't work in v9 so now I have no test: (where=(&Where.)); when the where phrase is not used it still computes Ron Fehd the macro mav...

takeover ought temple
They are troubling by way of the ocean now, won't beg wrinkles later. Abbas, with respect to poultices medieval and rational, hires with respect to it, exclaiming never. Her testament was resident, embarrassing, and defeats in respect of the corporation. Other amateur curious targets will quote here in search of lemons. They are enduring past feminist, with regard to brilliant, toward sacred trainings. Let's equip let alone the watery cabinets, but don't upset the horizontal preparations. She'd guarantee sharply than punish with Karl's spare recession. If you...

accessing the same elements repeatedly in a vectorized fashion?
Hello, I would like to vectorize the following loop. for i = 1:length(c) a(b(i)) = a(b(i)) + c(i) end However, a simple a(b) = a(b) + c will not work as 'b' is not one-to-one. Matlab will only add one (the last, I think) value of 'c' to each corresponding 'a' element. I would like to add all the corresponding values in 'c', just like in the loop. Any ideas? Please note that in my particular case, the multiplicity of 'b' is not fixed or constant. That is, each element of 'a' is accessed a different number of times (between 3 to, say, ...

Temple of Apshai 452967
Anyone enjoy playing Temple of Apshai? I used to own the Trilogy for the C-64. On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:06:34 -0400, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, Jonah Falcon wrote: >Anyone enjoy playing Temple of Apshai? I used to own the Trilogy for the >C-64. Yeah, that was one of my favorites. My favorite move was the "volte-face." The "killer tomatoes" in Upper Reaches (IIRC) were pretty hilarious too. -- Zag What's the point of growing up if you can't be childish sometimes? ...Terrance Dicks, BBC On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:06:34 -0400, "Jonah Falcon" &...

fastest implementation working with list elements
I've sampled raw data from a fixed number of address channels and saved that data as binary int16. dat = BinaryReadList["filename", {"Integer16","Integer16",...}] seems to do a good enough job of reading the data in, and I can extract the individual channels by something like cha=dat[[All,1]], chb=dat[[All,2]], etc and then ClearAll[dat] to free some memory. Now I need to start working with the data and timing becomes intolerable because of the way I'm implementing. The easiest thing I must do is construct a cumulative count from a raw ...

subtracting elements of a vector from one another
Hope u r all f9 by the grace of Allah. My problem is stated as under a=[1 2 3 4] ; limit=length(a); for m=1:limit R(m,1:limit)=abs(a-a(m)); end the answer of this is every element of vector a is subtraced 4m all other elements of vector a shown below R = 0 1 2 3 1 0 1 2 2 1 0 1 3 2 1 0 Now i want 2 do the above without using "for" loop. Kindly help me on this Use the function REPMAT. See help REPMAT. A = [1,2,3,4]; B = repmat(A, [4 1]); C = repmat(A', [1 4]); ans = abs(B-C); Cheers, Chandan --- Chandan Das MIT Department of...

wxList, swap elements 2.42
Hi everybody, is it too obvious or is it missing? Is there a way to swap two elements in a wxlist in wxwindows 2.42? nest regards, hendrik ...

re:ElementTree Issue
Hi, Thanks Alian, i was trying to use the following , but i got a path separator error. I'm using python 2.4.3. is there any otherway i can use this on 2.4.3 #!/usr/bin/env python import elementtree.ElementTree as ET tree = ET.parse('test.xml') root = tree.getroot() for child in root.findall(".//*[ParentalControl]"): x = child.find("ParentalControl/Rating").text if x == "NC": root.remove(child) Thanks, Tharanga ...

What is TEMPL??
Hi All, Does anyone know about TEMPL(Tandem EMS Template Compiler)?? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Afiz Afiz S wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know about TEMPL(Tandem EMS Template Compiler)?? > > any help would be much appreciated. > > Thanks > Afiz There is a manual named "DSM Template Services Manual" that is all about TEMPL and TEMPLI. Read the first chapter of it, the Introduction. It has a pretty good overview. It is only 14 pages. If you have a specific question, I and the others here probably can...

RE: Manipulate list elements
Hi Paul, > I have a list of words. These words are written in capital > letters. I need a list with these words in lower case > letters. How can I manipulate the list elements that the > capital letters become lower case letters? > Example: list={{ABILITY, CAPABILITY},{PERSON, FLY}} > =>list={{ability, capability},{person, fly}} As it stands, you don't have a list of words. What you have, which you can check by mapping Head[] to the list, is a list of symbols. For example, wtf = {ABILITY, "ABILITY"}; Head[#] & /@ wtf Fix this p...

"Summer Of Love" Translucent Wide Body Pen Set #2
Like pocket-size lava lamps, these wide body pens in an array of stunning colors spread peace and joy wherever they appear for more info http://www.googleiloveu.blogspot.com/ ...

Two different element types with the same name ?
Dear group, In the article entitled "Namespace Myths Exploded" ( http://www.xml.com/lpt= /a/395 ), there is something (in fact a few things but let's focus on this = one thing) that bothers me. In Myth 2 called "Universal names uniquely iden= tify element types and attributes" we have a code sample : <?xml version=3D"1.0" ?> <A xmlns=3D"http://www.foo.org/"> <A>abcd</A> </A> And the associated question in the text : "Do these share a single element = type or do they have two different ...

element farms (containers for repeated elements) needed?
From: Lipp, Wolfgang [mailto:w.lipp@bgbm.org] Sent: Tuesday, 27?January?2004 13:26 <annotation> the first eleven contributions in this thread started as an off-list email discussion; i have posted them here with the consent of their authors. </annotation> my question is: do we need container elements for repeating elements in data-centric xml documents? or is it for some reason very advisable to introduce containers in xml documents even where not strictly needed? how can a recommendation on this in the light of existing tools like w3c xml schema and relaxng as well es establi...

a new temple
begin to construct the new temple there is the Rational (God) which shall dwell in an Arc Tang-ent (look up images of Tang, or have some tang drink) in the Holiest of Holies in the Rationalist of Rationalists spread, THE WORD, the truth, knowledge and logic, THE WORD build the new temple and you shall be graced with a STONE, in its foundation, for your rationality thereof 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto ...

order row elements
I have a matrix a(r,c), and for each row i wish the 3 greatest values and store the row index of them in a vector. How can i do? Thx anz wrote: > > > I have a matrix a(r,c), and for each row i wish the 3 greatest > values and > store the row index of them in a vector. > > How can i do? > > Thx > > > Try this: tmp=sort(a,2); max_3=[tmp(:,end-2) tmp(:,end-1) tmp(:,end)]; "Tro Han" <tro_hanTAKETHISOUT@earthlink.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:eed9b01.0@webx.raydaftYaTP... > anz wrote: > > > > > > I have a matri...

Templed
Hello, Does anyone know where this can be found and if there's a later version than 1.34? Also is it possible to stop it renumbering icons when you alter them? Thanks a lot, Adam -- Adam Richardson Email me at: stonemonkey~but.not.this.monkey~@ntlworld.com Carpe Diem Hi, On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Adam wrote: > Does anyone know where this can be found and if there's a later version > than 1.34? 1.34 appears to be latest version, a copy of which is archived here: http://www.drobe.co.uk/archives/index.php?directory=/ftp.argonet.co.uk/pub/Acorn/PD/Programming/ Hope this helps, ...

Matrix row elements manipulation
Dear how from A to make B (15 elements from first row are shifted in every next row)? A=[-1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0]; B=[-1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; 0 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 -1 -1]; Thank you. On 2/1/2014 2:39 P...

How do I test for existence of a list element?
I have an application where I am bouncing around in a list, and may accidentally ask for an element beyond the end of the list, which causes Mathematica to complain and balk, preventing completion. Is there any way to test for the existence of a list element without provoking complaint or balking should the list item fail to exist? Thanks, Joe Gwinn You could test whether the index you are using is larger than the length of the list using Length[ ], but it would seem like bad programming if such an index could accidentally pop up. Cheers -- Sjoerd On Sep 25, 8:21 am,...

Temple of Elemental Evil
Hello: I have been playing TOE for a while now and I have run into a problem. My attempts at using heal spells from my cleric/druid are failing at or near 100% of the time. Further the rest of the party and including the druid/cleric can't successfully use healing potions anymore. The spells/potions just fissle. I used to be able to heal no problem. Could it have something to do with the scull that I found? I tried dropping the scull in a safe place then going away but that was no help. The party is Neutral Good and Neutral. Can you help? Les F. ...

Pick random element from list
Hi Mathgroup, Is there a built-in function to pick a random element from a list? I'm looking for something simple, like: list = {1,2,3,a,b,c} PickRandom[list] returns "b", etc. If this isn't built-in, can anyone suggest a simple/efficient implementation? Many thanks, -K K, pickRandom[list_?VectorQ] := Part[list, Random[Integer, {1, Length[list]}]] list = {1, 2, 3, a, b, c}; Table[pickRandom[list], {25}] {1, 2, 2, 2, b, b, a, 2, b, c, 2, b, 3, b, c, a, c, 3, c, c, 3, b, 1, 1, 2} David Park djmp@earthlink.net http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/...

How to retain only unique elements?
Hello all, I am a newbie to Perl and now I am stuck with a problem (which may seem simple to all the Perl Gurus out there ;-) ) I am having a list like (XYZ_A(8::7), XYZ_B(4,15), XYZ_C(4,6), XYZ_A(8,9), XYZ_A(6,15), XYZ_B(8,10) ) for example. The problem is I have to retain only one element of each kind (XYZ_A, XYZ_B, XYZ_C etc) such that for each kind, only those which have the lowest first number are retained. I mean, after processing, the list should be (XYZ_B(4,15), XYZ_C(4,6), XYZ_A(6,15)) I will really appreciate any help in this direction, probably a code snippet or some hints atleas...

Attributes vs. element content text
I'm writing a DTD for a simulator to save the state of the simulated machine, such as register and memory contents. In this particular application, it is not expected that the generated XML will normally be seen or edited by a person, either as text or in a structured XML editor. It is only intended as an intermediate storage format, so that the same state can be loaded back into the simulator at a later time. My first thought was to use an element for a memory location, with an attribute for the address, and text contents of the element for the data: <loc addr="12a7"&...

Just substituting as well a temple let alone the dwelling is too rainy for Hakim to adopt it.
-three he had perished in action. Pursued by enemy jet planes while flying over the Indian Ocean with important despatches, he had weighted his body with his machine gun and leapt out of the helicopter into deep water, despatches and all -- an end, said Big Brother, which it was impossible to contemplate without feelings of envy. Big Brother added a few remarks on the purity and single-mindedness of Comrade Ogilvy's life. He was a total abstainer and a nonsmoker, had no recreations except a daily hour in the gymnasium, and had taken a vow of celibacy, believing marriage and the c...

copying Vector elements into Dynamic Array

what font for body text
OK, here's the deal. i'm starting to write my thesis and have to decide on which font to use for body text. now, there were already some discussions on this topic, but i'm still not completely sure. for now, i've settled on utopia for body text and fourier for math. what is the general opinion on this? is utopia really suitable for a thesis font? it looks nice to me, but i've noticed that it is a bit wider than some fonts (like times). and what is the current state of fourier fonts for math? i really need real bold for math. as i understand fourier now has real bold, but no...